Gunslinger Girls Teatrino Subs are Back

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gunslinger Girls Teatrino Subs are Back

Post by Guest on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 7:45

Yeah, ZOMG started fansubbing "GSG:Il Teatrino". Video quality isn't what you'd call top-notch, luckily enough there's another video source that uses ZOMG's subs, it's a collaboration between lre and ZOMG, using Il Teatrino DVDs as video source.

[LRE-zomg]Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- 08 [H264-Vorbis][DVD][B9E6A325].mkv

Also, ep. 9 is out today Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 17:11

Thanks for the info trellis. What annoys me more though is the audio quality. I'm not so sure if it's not the equipment they used to record though, so i doubt that even using DVD rips will help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kougeru on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 18:17

@LoC978 wrote:phew. quite the exhaustive list, Misuzu. Too bad the zomgSUBS folks probably don't frequent this place...
If they do, though... please don't stop subbing! A flawed translation is better than no translation!
Spoiler:
1. you're spelling it as joze instead of Jose
Should actually be Josť if ya wanna get technical.
2.used "your" instead of "you're", learn english before subbing
The internet is a poor teacher of language...
3.subbing "nii-sama" and things like it, no logical to reason to sub that...either translate it or leave it out
it's American otakuspeakô... apparently it's 'cool' to learn a short list of words and then flaunt said knowledge incessantly in some circles...
4. captilizing "Irreplaceable" when it's the last word in a sentence
Well, they're not professionals... perhaps they need a final editor. *totally doesn't have the time*
5.making "ZOMGSUBS" larger than the "GunslingerGirl" logo, you guys did NOTHING to make this show..your name shouldnt be larger than anything
Ahh, ego. Triad dťjŗ vu...
6.there is no one named Marcontoyo in Gunslinger Girl (I'm not even gonna bother listing his real name..that would just mean less work for you, if you ears can't tell what he's saying ..A. dont try to sub since obviously you're not good enough at Japanese to hear it properly....and B. look up a character list if you for some reason REALLY think you have to sub
I'd rather have shitty subs than no subs. Perhaps they need coaching rather than discouragement. You never know, they could get better.
7."in to" should be one word when used at around 4:40 in episode 9
should probably have consolidated this into one number... see numbers 2 and 4. Essentially the same complaint.
8.the food "sarushiccha" does not exist, again if u dont know what something is it's unspoken fansubbing rule to look it up and name it properly
Yeah, they might have at least put a question mark for the unknown word...
9. at around 5:55 there's a very brief but noticable quality error, as if it was running on an old VHS
...again, they're not professionals. if they were, we wouldn't have their subs for free.
10. inconsistant a lot. some times the subs were be neat and in caps and others they wont (i'm not typing fancy because you don't deserve it, but at least im spelling shit correctly)
...It's 'inconsistent'. ah...
11.didn't capitalize Jean's name at 8:33
See 2, 4 and 7...
12. Sant Angelo Castle is wrong, any google search could tell you that right away. It's either "Castel Sant'Angelo" or "Sant'Angelo Castle"
See 2, 4, 7 and 11...
13. "queen" in "queen Anne" should be capitalized because it's a title
See 2, 4, 7, 11 and 12...
14."Theres" at 10:16 should be spelled "There's"
See 2, 4, 7, 11, 12 and 13...
15. In the sentence "The heroine is the singing princess Tosca.", there should be a comma..like this: "The heroine is the singing princess, Tosca."
*sighs* ...See 2, 4, 7, 11, 12, 13 and 14...
16." Sant'Andrea della Valle", oh you did this one correctly..yet another case of inconsistancy..why did you do so poorly with Castel Sant'Angelo but not Sant'Andrea della Valle? Laziness I bet.
heh... count your small blessings... also, a simple google search can tell you how to spell inconsistent... but at least you're consistent with that one...
17."Do you know what that means Beatrice." Should have a comma like this: "Do you know what that means, Beatrice." Did you guys even pass grade 3 english?
See 2, 4, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15...
18."No I don't." Should also have a fucking comma: "No, I don't."..then a few scenes later you do it correcty: "So, what should we do?"...more inconsistant grammar...do you have different people doing different lines or something? kick the crappy ones out if that's the case
See 2, 4, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 17... and I guess 16.
19."Clever like a snake huh" should be : "Clever like a snake, huh?" it's a retortical question asked to himself.
See 2, 4, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 and 18. Also, it's 'rhetorical'.

I don't think Misuzu was trying too hard to spell things correctly and stuff, just was pointing out errors. I agree with the whole list of complaints. I could care less if they stopped subbing..I don't understand Japanese but as bad as they are it's like they don't even know english...I could probably understand the episodes just as well from a RAW just by figuring things out from the images alone. If you havn't seen the video yet, watch this set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUYlqLlbix0

Kougeru

Forum Posts : 51

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 18:22

We might just have another group on the fansubs job, people - a group who have a member among our community here. Stay tuned for more info.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 18:32

@Kougeru wrote:
@LoC978 wrote:phew. quite the exhaustive list, Misuzu. Too bad the zomgSUBS folks probably don't frequent this place...
If they do, though... please don't stop subbing! A flawed translation is better than no translation!
Spoiler:
1. you're spelling it as joze instead of Jose
Should actually be Josť if ya wanna get technical.
2.used "your" instead of "you're", learn english before subbing
The internet is a poor teacher of language...
3.subbing "nii-sama" and things like it, no logical to reason to sub that...either translate it or leave it out
it's American otakuspeakô... apparently it's 'cool' to learn a short list of words and then flaunt said knowledge incessantly in some circles...
4. captilizing "Irreplaceable" when it's the last word in a sentence
Well, they're not professionals... perhaps they need a final editor. *totally doesn't have the time*
5.making "ZOMGSUBS" larger than the "GunslingerGirl" logo, you guys did NOTHING to make this show..your name shouldnt be larger than anything
Ahh, ego. Triad dťjŗ vu...
6.there is no one named Marcontoyo in Gunslinger Girl (I'm not even gonna bother listing his real name..that would just mean less work for you, if you ears can't tell what he's saying ..A. dont try to sub since obviously you're not good enough at Japanese to hear it properly....and B. look up a character list if you for some reason REALLY think you have to sub
I'd rather have shitty subs than no subs. Perhaps they need coaching rather than discouragement. You never know, they could get better.
7."in to" should be one word when used at around 4:40 in episode 9
should probably have consolidated this into one number... see numbers 2 and 4. Essentially the same complaint.
8.the food "sarushiccha" does not exist, again if u dont know what something is it's unspoken fansubbing rule to look it up and name it properly
Yeah, they might have at least put a question mark for the unknown word...
9. at around 5:55 there's a very brief but noticable quality error, as if it was running on an old VHS
...again, they're not professionals. if they were, we wouldn't have their subs for free.
10. inconsistant a lot. some times the subs were be neat and in caps and others they wont (i'm not typing fancy because you don't deserve it, but at least im spelling shit correctly)
...It's 'inconsistent'. ah...
11.didn't capitalize Jean's name at 8:33
See 2, 4 and 7...
12. Sant Angelo Castle is wrong, any google search could tell you that right away. It's either "Castel Sant'Angelo" or "Sant'Angelo Castle"
See 2, 4, 7 and 11...
13. "queen" in "queen Anne" should be capitalized because it's a title
See 2, 4, 7, 11 and 12...
14."Theres" at 10:16 should be spelled "There's"
See 2, 4, 7, 11, 12 and 13...
15. In the sentence "The heroine is the singing princess Tosca.", there should be a comma..like this: "The heroine is the singing princess, Tosca."
*sighs* ...See 2, 4, 7, 11, 12, 13 and 14...
16." Sant'Andrea della Valle", oh you did this one correctly..yet another case of inconsistancy..why did you do so poorly with Castel Sant'Angelo but not Sant'Andrea della Valle? Laziness I bet.
heh... count your small blessings... also, a simple google search can tell you how to spell inconsistent... but at least you're consistent with that one...
17."Do you know what that means Beatrice." Should have a comma like this: "Do you know what that means, Beatrice." Did you guys even pass grade 3 english?
See 2, 4, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15...
18."No I don't." Should also have a fucking comma: "No, I don't."..then a few scenes later you do it correcty: "So, what should we do?"...more inconsistant grammar...do you have different people doing different lines or something? kick the crappy ones out if that's the case
See 2, 4, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 17... and I guess 16.
19."Clever like a snake huh" should be : "Clever like a snake, huh?" it's a retortical question asked to himself.
See 2, 4, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 and 18. Also, it's 'rhetorical'.

I don't think Misuzu was trying too hard to spell things correctly and stuff, just was pointing out errors. I agree with the whole list of complaints. I could care less if they stopped subbing..I don't understand Japanese but as bad as they are it's like they don't even know english...I could probably understand the episodes just as well from a RAW just by figuring things out from the images alone. If you havn't seen the video yet, watch this set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUYlqLlbix0
I was typing it on notepad as I went along through the episode. I didn't spellcheck or read over it, like they should have. If they're gonna put their name so big, they should as least proof-read their work and make sure it's proper. If they don't know how to spell a character's name they could easily look it up on many websites including the offical english GSG website.I don't want to sit here arguing about it but fact is ZOMG subs are horrible and their english is about equal to a 3rd grader's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 19:12

I don't want to criticize them, since they're the only ones going for it, instead I propose we help them proof-reading and QC'ing their work. Jeez, even I could be of some help with italian words Smile and I already did. Now they know there's no such thing as a "Sarusiccha" but it's "Salsiccia" and means "Sausage". "Marcontoyo" is a mispelled italian name, the correct one is "Marcantonio" (Marco Antonio).

Don't be so harsh, let's help them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kougeru on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 20:17

trellis wrote:I don't want to criticize them, since they're the only ones going for it, instead I propose we help them proof-reading and QC'ing their work. Jeez, even I could be of some help with italian words Smile and I already did. Now they know there's no such thing as a "Sarusiccha" but it's "Salsiccia" and means "Sausage". "Marcontoyo" is a mispelled italian name, the correct one is "Marcantonio" (Marco Antonio).

I emailed them about episode 8, suggesting that they hire more QCs and editors but they told me they didn't need any. That's the main reason I'm mad..because they DO need them, and badly.

Kougeru

Forum Posts : 51

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 20:19

@Thanatos wrote:Asking for every single person who ever downloaded the stuff you worked on borders on arrogance Tommy.
Another Ditto.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 23:44

@Thanatos wrote:Asking for every single person who ever downloaded the stuff you worked on borders on arrogance Tommy.

I'd have to disagree Thanatos, but thats just a difference of opinion.

@Wileama wrote:Another Ditto.

You playing Pokemon?

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Forum Posts : 1950

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 1:08

@Wileama wrote:
Another Ditto.
Me to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 3:11

trellis wrote:I don't want to criticize them, since they're the only ones going for it, instead I propose we help them proof-reading and QC'ing their work. Jeez, even I could be of some help with italian words Smile and I already did. Now they know there's no such thing as a "Sarusiccha" but it's "Salsiccia" and means "Sausage". "Marcontoyo" is a mispelled italian name, the correct one is "Marcantonio" (Marco Antonio).

That's pretty much my feeling. Rather than flame them for their work, why not offer constructive criticism and, if you have the time, offer to help?

And yes, that little list of corrections was a flame. Complete with unnecessary profanity (used in other than a humorous fashion) and harsh criticism for doing some things right rather than being consistent with failure.
I can only hope the list wasn't emailed directly to the sub group with that language. Constructive criticism is one thing, that was a completely different animal.
however...
Misuzu wrote:I don't want to sit here arguing about it but fact is ZOMG subs are horrible and their english is about equal to a 3rd grader's.
I'd give them slightly more credit than third grade (perhaps average for fifth), but your point is valid. Doesn't mean we should flame them off the internetz, but I don't want to belabor the point either.
So if you feel the need to flame them, so be it. Just do it where they can hear and respond, which would not be this forum.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 10:21

I think we should leave the lurkers the hell alone. For the life of me, I donít know why some people are constantly tripping about them.
This is starting to become a hostile community.

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 10:34

They think this place is little more than a scanlation-producing factory that hands out freebies, and that everything else here is chopped liver. Do people like that really deserve to belong? Mull it over, Danjo - it's only fair.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 14:32

You know what they say about assuming Nachtsider? If you assume it makes an ASS out of U, and ME.

How do you know each, and every lurker is here just to 'raid, and pillage' the forum of GSG? How do you know they just don't have the energy to expend to keep up with the forum. Heaven knows I'm starting to fall behind all these threads. How do you know they just don't feel like they have anything positive to contribute? Or that they haven't lost interest? Are you going to throw the innocent out as well simply, because you suspect them?

Even when they are here just for the Manga, I ask you, when did that become a bad thing? When did it, become a bad thing to allow people to share in something we all enjoy. They aren't necessarily going to thank the source if they come here. Then again they certainly aren't going to thank anyone when they get it from media fire. So what's the difference either way they are taking something without voicing their thanks. Why not let them come here, and at least give the forum a couple more web hits, and raise our rankings on the various engines. Why not let them come here, and have the occasional one join us?

I say let the lurkers come. If nothing else they see the forum, d/l something they like, and talk to their friends about it. When did enabling people to enjoy GSG, become a bad thing?! What the hell does it really cost us? Does the scanalation team have to work longer hours to put out extra copies? Do we have to speak over the roaring din of a passing crowd? What changes?

Strive for your next breath.† Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.† Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 14:40

Maybe I was wrong abut you Natcht. You and me both know what it is like to be driven from a forum. I would think that you of all people would be the last to take the kind of stance you are now.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 15:19

I wouldn't be throwing these statements around without any proof to back them up, Wil. From behind my admin panel, I was able to discern approximately two hundred people who had been with the site as early as January of this year or slightly later, but did not post anywhere in the forum. The scanlation section became 'registered members only' at around that time. Said two hundred people visited the site fairly frequently - many as recently as this September. When you take these into consideration, it is more than reasonable to deduce that these people hardly lack interest, time or energy, and are here for nothing more than the scans.

My 'being driven from a forum' came about due to certain manipulative individuals' attempts to destroy my rep via complete and utter libel, Danjo. The matter at hand is a very different kettle of fish.

But you guys and the lurkers ought to know that you've already been given your way for about a week now, and counting. Despite the support that my stance has garnered, I had someone pull rank on me and make me restore the 'registered members only' status of the scanlation section. This pretty much has been me ranting on empty.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 15:46

Maybe we should do something like: 5+ posts and a 0.1/day posting average moves you into a group which then has access to the scans.

And if we are going to do something like this, then there should be something to stop anonymous people from accessing the mediafire files through direct links etc.

The Eagle

He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ring'd with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 16:11

@TTIO wrote:Maybe we should do something like: 5+ posts and a 0.1/day posting average moves you into a group which then has access to the scans.

And if we are going to do something like this, then there should be something to stop anonymous people from accessing the mediafire files through direct links etc.

thats easily taken care of, kill their access to the Archive's section, and you kill their access to the links, you can not browse my mediafire account without a special address key from me. more over, I'll lock the scanlation section on my photo bucket, those that want access will have to PM me about it.

or better yet, I could also Lock the scans that are on mediafire, that way, you'll have to have a password to download them.
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 16:53

... as Wil said, extra traffic isn't such a bad thing. keeps the up-with.com people happy with advertising revenue. I say as long as they're not disruptive, let the lurkers lurk (I suppose if they were disruptive they'd go from lurker to troll... and then they'd receive a banhammering).
In any case... due to the nature of the internet, Tommy's scans are already out there and being hosted by people completely beyond our control. If the lurkers don't come here to get 'em, they'll just go elsewhere.

Sorry to step on your concerns, Nacht and Tommy... but realistically you're just being a little oversensitive.
...please don't hate me for applying cold logic to the situation...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 17:44

@LoC978 wrote:
...please don't hate me for applying cold logic to the situation...

Oh I don't hate you LoC, let me try some of that Cold Logic myself.

@LoC978 wrote:due to the nature of the internet, Tommy's scans are already out there and being hosted by people completely beyond our control.

Well if thats really the case, then why am I still bothering?
I mean... if other people are hosting it, then why do I bother doing all the work I do?
Heck I could store more private photo's on Photobucket, I could upload all my songs to my Mediafire account instead of having the scans there...

how is that for cold logic?

is this the 4chan infection I am seeing? everyone is anonymous, no one gives a damn about who did what or something?

C'mon people, what the heck do we, the scan team have to show for all the time and effort we put into this?
I mean, while I was sitting behind my laptop, scanlating the latest GSG Chapter, I could have gone to the beach with my Wife when she was just still my girlfriend!

I could have gone of a nice relaxing walk or something, instead of sitting behind a 14 inch Screen trying to make you happy. but now that the ball hits the fence everyone starts pointing fingers and what not. And really my attitude wasn't really up tight with all this. as I got people saying to me, or behind my back, that I am just looking for attention or something.

Did it ever occur to any one of you that, appreciation to what we do keeps us going?

call it attention whoring if you wish, but I will not keep doing the things I do without something in return. and how hard is it to come up and say "thanks" I ask you. My boss, he doesn't say thanks for the work I do for him, he doesn't need to say thanks, I'll get a paycheck as a thanks.

Heck, Even just seeing someone post "ZOMG SCANS!! THANKS FINALLY I CAN READ!!!" would make me happy. but no, lurkers dont even take the time for that.

and whats this about "the extra traffic"? honestly, Is this forum of ours built upon lurker activity to measure its worth, or is it about people actually talking to each other as a community about something they share in common?

If the current "Don't bitch about it, the lurkers are good for the INTERNET activity. they puts us on number one in search engines like google" attitude is the deciding opinion here, then I'd gladly pack my scanlator bags and go some place else. because having over 200 lurkers come around here for just the activity while being leechs Isn't my idea of a happy forum guys...

And just to say, its this kind of a lax approach that gets Internet communities killed.
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 20:01

"ZOMG SCANS!! THANKS FINALLY I CAN READ!!!"

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 20:12

Well, as one of the 200 who was here just for the scans, I have a small amount of input to make.

Anytime you offer something for free on the internet, it will get stolen, downloaded, re-hosted, etc. Most people (like meself) don't do it to be malicious... we just genuinely like the story and want to keep reading it. Because it is being offered freely, we don't really think about it. I have always just been happy to know people are downloading or reading my stuff, without them having to say anything - we often apply our own opinions and experiences to other people. It's just a little more obvious on the internet, I think.

The next point is that it is someone else's hard work, and if they don't want it available to all the world, then they obviously have all the right to take it away from the world. Private forums that require specific usergroups, as was mentioned. If the creator wants to feel known and appreciated by every single person who reads it, then that's the way to go. Throwing it up on a public forum that anyone can sign up for, not so much.

I would be sad if the post count idea happened, because I would probably never make enough posts ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 21:53

darksnowwhite- at least you are posting.
Many lurkers dont even bother to register when it is this open.

I can see and understand both sides of the coin, as it was done with my web-comic The Alphas.
Upon every update of the comic, the server connection would spike to up to a million hits a week for that one week. 80% of it came from Asia (China:25%, Japan:15%, Tiawan/HongKong:15%, rest:25%), another 15% from Canada, 1% from the USA and the rest from what's left-mainly from Europe. A lot of the time I as "WHY?!! ESPECIALLY CHINA!" I hope they are not using my web-comic for some webcomic design class.

Then one day I found a couple of my strips "Porn'ed." OK, that pissed me off. A few emails to the ISP took care of it.

99.99999% of the webcomic readers were lurkers. Hell, I only had a couple of hundred web-comic fans from the forum that hosted it.

To Some ISPs, the more traffic they can get the more they can brag and charge for the bandwidth. This was the case with the ISP that hosted the forum for my webcomic. With every million hit spike, they were registered with some web-stats webpage who's URL I forget.

So, what can one say? We can discuss about it. But we need to have cooler heads about what is going on. I dont want to see the scandelations go, but I dont want them abused either. And chances are they have been rescanned and retranslated and other people taking credit forwork that Tommy and his band of merry translators did. Some people on the internet have no lives.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 0:26

@Tommygunner70 wrote:
@LoC978 wrote:due to the nature of the internet, Tommy's scans are already out there and being hosted by people completely beyond our control.

Well if thats really the case, then why am I still bothering?
I mean... if other people are hosting it, then why do I bother doing all the work I do?
Heck I could store more private photo's on Photobucket, I could upload all my songs to my Mediafire account instead of having the scans there...

how is that for cold logic?
certainly not cold. that's hot anger... hurt and justified.
and you're also voicing an option you've always had... an option everyone knows you've always had.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "The lurkers have every moral right to do what they do."
...they're being rude, no doubt about it. But closing our doors to them is no doubt going to discourage well-meaning people who would've otherwise wound up contributing someday.
All I'm saying is: if they can't download the scans here without fulfilling prerequisites, they'll most likely find the scans somewhere that doesn't absolutely require participation. And those who would otherwise have become a part of this community.. become a part of a different one.

...I can see I've angered you, Tommy... and I'm sorry. That's all I'll say on the matter, and if you guys still wanna lock the scans away; I won't do anything to stop it, and it won't change my participation here. I just felt I had to throw in my two cents (which was probably a mistake).

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 1:26

@LoC978 wrote:certainly not cold. that's hot anger... hurt and justified.
and you're also voicing an option you've always had... an option everyone knows you've always had.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "The lurkers have every moral right to do what they do."
...they're being rude, no doubt about it. But closing our doors to them is no doubt going to discourage well-meaning people who would've otherwise wound up contributing someday.
All I'm saying is: if they can't download the scans here without fulfilling prerequisites, they'll most likely find the scans somewhere that doesn't absolutely require participation. And those who would otherwise have become a part of this community.. become a part of a different one.

...I can see I've angered you, Tommy... and I'm sorry. That's all I'll say on the matter, and if you guys still wanna lock the scans away; I won't do anything to stop it, and it won't change my participation here. I just felt I had to throw in my two cents (which was probably a mistake).

I am angered, yes. But not at you personally LoC. I am not meaning to snap at you, I am complaining in general. It was just that your post was the rain drop that made the bucket overflow.

and in light of that, I was starting to doubt if I was being taken seriously. And well... Danjo's reply after my post last night just goes to show that I am not being taken seriously.
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 3:05

@ElfenMagix wrote:Then one day I found a couple of my strips "Porn'ed."
What the frak?! Guh?

Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 879

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 9:57

Cheesy attempt to cheer people up with a song time? Yes it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UheKmPY1mNw

The Eagle

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 11:55

@Tommygunner70 wrote:and in light of that, I was starting to doubt if I was being taken seriously. And well... Danjo's reply after my post last night just goes to show that I am not being taken seriously.
Iím not trying to sell you short Tommy, I appreciate your work as much as anyone in this forum, I just think youíre overreacting, thatís all. I think the primary goal of this forum should be to spread the word of GSG, you know broaden the fan base. As far as Iím concerned, the more people we welcome in, the better.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 12:18

@Danjo3 wrote:
Iím not trying to sell you short Tommy, I appreciate your work as much as anyone in this forum, I just think youíre overreacting, thatís all.

Ok, I see. then it was just plain old rudeness.
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 12:38

Tell you what, Tommy, try this:

Ignore the fact that anyone else reads the scantalations. Just think of it as an exercise for self-betterment.

Even if it doesn't solve any problems, this might make you feel better about the situation...

The Eagle

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by arimareiji on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 12:40

Just my 2 cents... maybe closer to a dollar, given how long this got.

I consider myself a member of the community here, and if I haven't sufficiently expressed my thanks already... please let me do so now. It is unquestionably generous and praiseworthy that you've put in so much time scanlating a series for the benefit of others. I and many others would still be stuck on volume 6 if you hadn't done this for us. Thank you. cheers

But to be honest, it's a little hard to sympathize in this case. If you want people to post their thanks as a requirement of seeing the scans, that should be an explicit condition. I disagree with the dissenters - I would not say that the direction this topic has taken reflects arrogance. But it does come across as being a fit of pique.

Many or most of you are familiar with Dattebayo. They do a superb job of fansubbing, with little thanks.

For them, "the last straw" was twofold: 1) People were widely charging for their work and/or taking credit. 2) Against their extremely explicit wishes, groups like ZOMGSUBS were uploading their work onto streaming sites. This makes them a much more likely target for legal action if and when TV TOKYO decides to cut it off at the source instead of what they're doing now, laboriously chasing down and C&D'ing the uploaders.

They've threatened a couple of times to close up shop because of this, and I'm not sure why they haven't. Their "leeches" are being much worse than ungrateful, they're putting them in harm's way. (Many/most of the Dattebayo team are in the US, and US copyright laws can punish offenders with serious jail time and huge civil liabilities.)

Am I trying to say you guys should be as tolerant as they have been? Not at all. Everyone should make their own decisions about how much ungratefulness they can take. What I'm trying to say is that if you decide to close up shop or lock the scans because of ungrateful leeches, it would be sad - but understandable. But venting at the whole community when your real anger is at the leeches isn't the best alternative.

No more Puritan curse words! Down with making religious slander, or body parts and functions, the most unspeakable words in the language! We have much better candidates: Retail. Policy. Upsell. And the worst by far... Customer.
arimareiji
President of the Non Sequitur Society

Male

Forum Posts : 66

Fan of : Henrietta

Comments : Favorite thing to hear: "I can't believe you just said that."

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 13:01

@arimareiji wrote:Just my 2 cents... maybe closer to a dollar, given how long this got.

I consider myself a member of the community here, and if I haven't sufficiently expressed my thanks already... please let me do so now. It is unquestionably generous and praiseworthy that you've put in so much time scanlating a series for the benefit of others. I and many others would still be stuck on volume 6 if you hadn't done this for us. Thank you. cheers

But to be honest, it's a little hard to sympathize in this case. If you want people to post their thanks as a requirement of seeing the scans, that should be an explicit condition. I disagree with the dissenters - I would not say that the direction this topic has taken reflects arrogance. But it does come across as being a fit of pique.

Many or most of you are familiar with Dattebayo. They do a superb job of fansubbing, with little thanks.

For them, "the last straw" was twofold: 1) People were widely charging for their work and/or taking credit. 2) Against their extremely explicit wishes, groups like ZOMGSUBS were uploading their work onto streaming sites. This makes them a much more likely target for legal action if and when TV TOKYO decides to cut it off at the source instead of what they're doing now, laboriously chasing down and C&D'ing the uploaders.

They've threatened a couple of times to close up shop because of this, and I'm not sure why they haven't. Their "leeches" are being much worse than ungrateful, they're putting them in harm's way. (Many/most of the Dattebayo team are in the US, and US copyright laws can punish offenders with serious jail time and huge civil liabilities.)

Am I trying to say you guys should be as tolerant as they have been? Not at all. Everyone should make their own decisions about how much ungratefulness they can take. What I'm trying to say is that if you decide to close up shop or lock the scans because of ungrateful leeches, it would be sad - but understandable. But venting at the whole community when your real anger is at the leeches isn't the best alternative.

Well, Me and Nacht have been considering alternative ways to do something against those leeches.
Sadly, every stride we make is being blocked and undone. And since its turned into something that the whole forums gets involved with, it's just annoying.

all the reactions against me suggest that my time and effort is being taken for granted. that isn't that much of a deal, I mean the guys that posted here are active members of this community. but all my bitching wasn't at the active member, it was at the leeches.

the ones who do take stuff, but don't give a crap about the rest of this forum.

OK, I'd like a little praise in return for what I am doing. or go be an active member around here. thats all fun and games, but I am seriously hating those that just leech, thats who I want to take action against.

This place is like a nice and clean info booth with a shit load of Bum's/Wino's hanging around it, like flies on shit.

but if the general community or/and the Admins don't feel that way, then fine. but don't expect me to sit idle.
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by arimareiji on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 14:24

@Tommygunner70 wrote:it is an understatement on my part to say that just aggravates the hell out of me.
more truthfully, I am furious.

I don't punch out those Scanlations to be taken for granted, same holds true for those who fan subb.

Ok, they might be crappy, but what else are you gonna do?

we are here so you lazy asses dont have to go learn japanese to understand it all.

how the hell do you come up with this shit anyway? never giving a damn to post a simple "Hey Scanlation team, thanks for your hard work."

I'm sorry if this comes across as patronizing, but this nuance of English may be the source of the disconnect between what you're saying and what we're hearing. (In my experience, most languages have way too many unwritten rules.) When you address a group, "you" is generally understood to include the whole group unless you carefully qualify your statement.

Even as a native speaker, it's always irritated me that "you" has no alternate forms for singular and plural.

No more Puritan curse words! Down with making religious slander, or body parts and functions, the most unspeakable words in the language! We have much better candidates: Retail. Policy. Upsell. And the worst by far... Customer.
arimareiji

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 14:52

@arimareiji wrote:
I'm sorry if this comes across as patronizing, but this nuance of English may be the source of the disconnect between what you're saying and what we're hearing. (In my experience, most languages have way too many unwritten rules.) When you address a group, "you" is generally understood to include the whole group unless you carefully qualify your statement.

Even as a native speaker, it's always irritated me that "you" has no alternate forms for singular and plural.

So what your saying, is that the message you quoted, doesn't come across as being targeted at the leeches or anyone specific?
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by arimareiji on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 15:08

@Tommygunner70 wrote:
@arimareiji wrote:

So what your saying, is that the message you quoted, doesn't come across as being targeted at the leeches or anyone specific?

Pretty much, yeah. Even when it's clear from context that the person being addressed is someone else, "you" has a strong connotation of meaning "anyone who hears this." That's one of the main reasons politicians like to use "they" and "them."

arimareiji

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 15:10

@arimareiji wrote:Pretty much, yeah. Even when it's clear from context that the person being addressed is someone else, "you" has a strong connotation of meaning "anyone who hears this." That's one of the main reasons politicians like to use "they" and "them."

And I thought that Dutch was hard...
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by arimareiji on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 16:07

@Tommygunner70 wrote:
@arimareiji wrote:Pretty much, yeah. Even when it's clear from context that the person being addressed is someone else, "you" has a strong connotation of meaning "anyone who hears this." That's one of the main reasons politicians like to use "they" and "them."

Any non-primary language is, I think. I've heard somewhere that languages evolved as a way of differentiating "outsiders," because for every formal denotation there can be dozens of connotations. Add prosody, idioms, slang, parentheticals, etc, and it's a minor miracle / huge accomplishment that anyone can grasp a language they didn't grow up with (like you have with English). Glomp

(Sorry, I needed to pass that glomp on. The one Triela gave me the other day cheered me up so much that I needed to "pay it forward." So now it's your turn. Wink )

arimareiji

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 17:18

@arimareiji wrote:
@Tommygunner70 wrote:

Any non-primary language is, I think. I've heard somewhere that languages evolved as a way of differentiating "outsiders," because for every formal denotation there can be dozens of connotations. Add prosody, idioms, slang, parentheticals, etc, and it's a minor miracle / huge accomplishment that anyone can grasp a language they didn't grow up with (like you have with English). Glomp

(Sorry, I needed to pass that glomp on. The one Triela gave me the other day cheered me up so much that I needed to "pay it forward." So now it's your turn. Wink )

I'd like to, but your using alot of words that I dont even understand yet.

I'll go fuck around with a translator program and a dictionary.
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 17:26

....Sheesh; it's gotten rowdy in here. I find Tommy's and Nacht's attitude rather surprising though. I find it hard to understand what's so infuriating about people stopping by to view scans of what is most likely one of their loved manga's. I think you guys are kinda overrating your 'work'; last I checked it wasn't you guys who wrote the story and art. Don't get me wrong I am actually appreciative for what you guys are doing, but the credit goes to Yu Aida; not you. Think of it this way; if you hear a great song you say to yourself 'I've gotta hear that again'; the next logical thought is if any of your friends are round, you want them to hear it (whether they want to or not! Smile ). My point is that the work you are doing is sharing the music round; you didn't create it. Therefore why are you getting so rowdy over people who are interested in the scans themselves; it's certainly only the manga and the anime (mostly the first season) that I am interested in. I'm not going to be interested if no new material is released for years, because quite simply I enjoy the GSG story; that's the reason I come here. That doesn't mean that I'm (or at the very least 'some' of the lurkers) ungrateful to you, simply that I'm only interested in GSG related things (i.e. manga and anime). Try to just be happy that your speading the 'GSG love' out there. P.S. Sorry for the long post............ † P.P.S. For some reason I can't seem to get any breaks between the text? Sorry again sweat†P.P.P.S. After viewing LRE's episode 8 I can definately say get that if they continue doing them, cause ZOMG's have a sickeningly heavy filter on the video that ruins the show in my mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by arimareiji on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 18:48

AWS, don't let get me started on what I think about ZOMG. voodoo doll

I'd rather wait for the official release than watch their version, even if it took a few years. But that's just my very biased opinion.

arimareiji

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 21:22

Guys... what the frak??

Does it really matter if he's "overreacting" or not? He can react however the hell he wants to react.

Its doesn't matter how simple or difficult the task is. What matters is that he's wasting his time when he could be doing something else much more fun. on And for something like that he need MOTIVATION!!

So just give him some motivation gods damn it! I personally know what motivation can do, even if its just a tiny bit.

Oh well, it doesn't matter now since he's already packed up and left.

Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 879

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 18 Sep 2008 - 21:31

Maybe after he takes a break he will feel the desire to re-start. If he does, fantastic. If he doesn't, I don't want to push him into doing something he no longer has an interest in doing.

Gosh knows I've left enough projects in my life when the interest and passion have gone. In time, I've come back to some, while others I have never returned to. On the plus side, I have found new interests that have sparked new passions.

I just hope he doesn't walk away, completely. He was more to this community then a scanlator.
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Fri 19 Sep 2008 - 3:50

@Whatface wrote:Guys... what the frak??

Does it really matter if he's "overreacting" or not? He can react however the hell he wants to react.

Its doesn't matter how simple or difficult the task is. What matters is that he's wasting his time when he could be doing something else much more fun. on And for something like that he need MOTIVATION!!

So just give him some motivation gods damn it! I personally know what motivation can do, even if its just a tiny bit.

Thats the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
@Whatface wrote:Oh well, it doesn't matter now since he's already packed up and left.

As a scanlator,: I left. as a normal member: I'm still here.

@Kiskaloo wrote:Maybe after he takes a break he will feel the desire to re-start.

I can say right now, that this is just wishful thinking. because there is no way in hell that I'm gonna restart.
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 19 Sep 2008 - 13:35

can't blame ya. some people aren't made to do thankless jobs (takes antisocial whackjobs like me to do that).

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by arimareiji on Fri 19 Sep 2008 - 13:55

@LoC978 wrote:can't blame ya. some people aren't made to do thankless jobs (takes antisocial whackjobs like me to do that).

Or masochists, like me.

arimareiji

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 22 Sep 2008 - 12:59

I've had some time to think about it, and I understand where your coming from complain about not getting thanked for your work Tommy. I know what it's like not to get thanked for a tedious, and difficult job. A thank you can do a lot to keep you going. I let my opinions about you allow me to automatically assume the worst about you. That isn't entirely fair. You do have a flare as a drama queen Tommy. That doesn't mean you aren't genuinely feeling burned out though. Maybe your making a bit more of a show about it then you need to, but the core feeling is still there. I've had a chance to go over the threads, and some people did go kind of overboard in there response. I too may be guilty of that. I allowed some of my personal feelings about you slip into what should have been a neutral discussion about what to do with the scans. That isn't fair, and I'm sorry.

That doesn't mean that my position has changed though. I didn't, and still don't, think that the changes you where talking about where going to make you any more thanked then you already where. I didn't mean to say that the leechers have a right to do what they are doing. Just that cutting them off provided absolutely no gain to you, or this forum. That having them could only be a positive by occasionally brining a new member into the fold even if only shortly. A member who is much more likely to thank you then one who gets it off of mangatrader, or what ever website.

It's a mute argument though, seeing as you've decided to quit. I understand that, and I respect that. I am sorry if the way I went about discussing this with you made you feel unappreciated. I probably did take you for granted.

Strive for your next breath.† Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.† Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 14 Dec 2008 - 19:14

I took a pass by ZOMG's site this morning and their latest update was at the end of November noting they have completed the encoding of Episode 11 of -Il Teatrino-, but they are waiting for the translation for Episode 10 before the release it.

Evidently the guy who did the translations of Episodes 8 and 9 hates the show (pretty much what happened with The Triad, as well), so he stopped and they needed to get a new translator for Episode 10.

So while it's been two weeks since the last update, hopefully the person doing the translation for Episode 10 will finish it (even if they choose to not continue on) in the near future so we can get two more episodes in English.
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 24 Dec 2008 - 18:10

ZOMG's site claims they will have a "present" for Christmas (the 25th) so I am hoping that means Episodes 10 and 11 subbed.

Folks might want to keep an eye out on the torrent trackers.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 25 Dec 2008 - 12:55

ZOMG has released #11 and #12. They will release #13 tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the person who was translating #10 is unreachable, so we likely won't see it. They also said they are unlikely to do the two OVAs.

http://www.zomgsubs.com/

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum