Cleaning House

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cleaning House

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 9 Mar 2009 - 17:06

I did some major edits to the Other Members of the Special Ops division page, including:

Added the following entries:

Amadeo (アマデオ ,Amadeo)
Voiced by: Takeshi Maeda (Japanese), David Stroh (English)
Voiced by: Yoshimasa Hosoya in Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino
A male agent for Section 2 and former Marine. He refers to himself as "The Agent of Love".

Giorgio (ジョルジオ ,Jiorujio)
Voiced by: Hirofumi Shimozaki (Japanese), Mike McFarland (English)
A male agent for Section 2.

Nihad (ニハド ,Nihado)
Voiced by: Tuichi Tsuchiya
A male agent for Section 2.

Dr. Donato (ドナト ,Donato)
Member of the surgical team. Replaced Triela's leg in Volume 4.

Dr. Belesario
Oversees the conditioning processes used on the cyborgs. Holds four doctorates.

Marianna (マリアーナ ,Mariāna)
Voiced by: Makoto Tomita
Technician officer and neurologist. She keeps track of the mental deterioration the conditioning drugs have on the girls.

I also edited the following entries:

Dr. Bianchi - removed the line about him overseeing the conditioning process. Volumes 9, 10 and 11 make it pretty clear that Belesarip handles this (Bianchi himself asks Belesario about the conditioning process in Volume 9).

Dr. Gilliani
- Added (Also referred to as "Dr. Zilliani") as the scanlations use the later (I believe ADV uses the former).

Belgonchi - Added that he performed some of the body design of Petrushka with Dr. Gilliani (V6, P96)

I also re-arranged the entries so the personnel who work in the same departments are listed together.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10890

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Mon 9 Mar 2009 - 20:24

That's good, but if the entries are going to be so short, then they should be merged into paragraphs. For instance, you could clump all the Section 2 doctors into one entry and talk about and name all of them in a single paragraph. Same for Section 1 agents, and Section 2 agents - they could all go into two separate entries. You know what, I think I'll go ahead and just do that.

Note on romanization: generally, when a there is a youon or a small vowel, you leave off the vowel part of the prеvious kana.

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Forum Posts : 1237

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 9 Mar 2009 - 21:28

@KodokuRyuu wrote:That's good, but if the entries are going to be so short, then they should be merged into paragraphs. For instance, you could clump all the Section 2 doctors into one entry and talk about and name all of them in a single paragraph.

Perhaps we should rename Other members of the Special Ops division to Social Welfare Agency Staff?

Then we can have a paragraph for:
Special Operations, Section 1 (Draghi, Fermi and Gabrielli)
Special Operations, Section 2 (Lorenzo, Ferro, Alfonso, Amadeo, Giorgio, Nihad, Olga, Priscilla)
Medical Staff (Bianchi, Gilliani, Donato, Belesario, Belgonchi, Duvalier, Marianna)

I believe both Director Reschiglian and Rossanna are part of SWA Public Security, so we might want to add them in, as well. Maybe before Special Operations. We also need to include SWA Special Operations Director Monica Petris.

I also added a note about Chiara and Silvia being introduced in Chapter 60 under Child assassins - Others.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 9 Mar 2009 - 21:58

As far as I'm aware, it's the other way around - ADV uses 'Zilliani' while our team uses 'Gilliani'.

Why that damn 'additional references needed' label still appears at the head of the article is beyond me.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 9 Mar 2009 - 22:03

@Nachtsider wrote:As far as I'm aware, it's the other way around - ADV uses 'Zilliani' while our team uses 'Gilliani'.

Ah, ok. I tend to use Zilliani in my fiction, but whatevers. Smile

Why that damn 'additional references needed' label still appears at the head of the article is beyond me.

I don't know why any of those tags still exist, frankly.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 23:16

When it comes to characters, I wonder if we should not consider something like the Last Exile wiki entry?

On the main page there is a simple list of characters and a link to a detailed list of characters.

EDIT - Actually, I saw the new structure KodokuRyuu did and it looks great as-is.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 23:52; edited 1 time in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 23:46

The GsG Wiki entries are in 2 parts:
The Show- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunslinger_girl
The Characters- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gunslinger_Girl_characters

So, why not?

It would be simillar to the GsG-OC convention (to those who follow it) of Story entries listing the characters within them and having those characters linked to their own pages.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5676

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 23:52

Actually, I saw the new structure KodokuRyuu did and it looks great as-is.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 15 Mar 2009 - 0:36

Both pages seem to fail Wikipedia's content rules for a long time, since 2007 in one case. And from what I see, little has changed in structure, just content. This is fine but me, but what changes you speak off- point them out, for I do not see them.

Just a couple of requests. Why are the Manga Images not posted along with Season 1 & 2 character pictures? And why the others like the handlers and staff and villians dont have their own picts? I remember the orginal GsG Wiki page having them.

Also a link to the story wiki-link would be benefical in linking the two pages together. (Somewhere on the first or second lines of the Wiki article.)

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 15 Mar 2009 - 12:15

I recall some worry about using the screen caps of the girls could be flagged as a copyright violation. I notice many Wiki pages do not have individual images of the characters, just a list of characters and one "group image" like this:

So I think we should remove the exist character pictures before we add more. Also, mixing anime and manga pictures would likely be aesthetically displeasing.

And what do you mean when you say "a link to the story wiki-link would be beneficial in linking the two pages together"? I've never seen a "story page", just the plot paragraph on the main page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 23:59

@Kiskaloo wrote:When it comes to characters, I wonder if we should not consider something like the Last Exile wiki entry?
The Last Exile article uses a list of characters with short descriptions. In the case where characters do not have they're own separate articles, I prefer using a paragraph form like the article currently uses. We could of course write sentences about the five main fratelli and add that to the end of what is currently there. But I think that part is fine how it is.

@ElfenMagix wrote:Both pages seem to fail Wikipedia's content rules for a long time, since 2007 in one case. And from what I see, little has changed in structure, just content. This is fine but me, but what changes you speak off- point them out, for I do not see them.
The main issue is lack of references (reviews of the series by well know reviewers for instance). I plan to eventually address these issues, but as the articles are in no risk of deletion fixing them is not my top priority right now.

@ElfenMagix wrote:Just a couple of requests. Why are the Manga Images not posted along with Season 1 & 2 character pictures? And why the others like the handlers and staff and villians dont have their own picts? I remember the orginal GsG Wiki page having them.
Images from an anime adaptation are preferred over images from manga when such are available. I'm afraid I can't find where the MOS says that, but as far as I know that is still the current policy. As for images of the other characters see: Wikipedia:Image use policy and Wikipedia:Non-free content. In short, group shots are preferred.

@ElfenMagix wrote:Also a link to the story wiki-link would be benefical in linking the two pages together. (Somewhere on the first or second lines of the Wiki article.)
If you mean from the characters article, there's already a link to the main article right at the top.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 17 Mar 2009 - 0:28

Thank you for explaining that...
Excuse while I go to Wikipedia Admin Staff and have a talk with them...

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 20:34

So I've been doing some more edits, as of late:

I added an entry for Giacomo Dante to the PRF section.

I adjusted the formatting of the "Other Cyborgs" section to match the other entries and I added the katakana and romanji for Silvia and Chiara.

I have added the Japanese and romanji titles for all the current chapters to the Volume 11 entry.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 8:33

shouldn't we see if Giacomo gets away, dies or gets caught 1st before u post him?

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 8:56

@West Nile wrote:shouldn't we see if Giacomo gets away, dies or gets caught 1st before u post him?

That's the beauty of Wikipedia - updates. Smile

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum