When Does GsG Happens?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When Does GsG Happens?

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 30 Sep 2008 - 23:28

Here is a topic that has a lot of canned worms in it... But Yu's been dropping hints here and there...

Lets start with the Present as an unknown year: 20XY.

Angie just died after 7 years of service.... -7 (making it 20XY -7)

An Agency takes about 1 year to create, if its rushed: -1 (20XY -7 -1 or 20XY -8)

Now consider the date on Sofia's Tombstone on Page 10 of V:58. If says 200Z

At the Time Jean & Jose were still in the Military and not with the SWA. The SWA Existance at that time of the Croche Incident is in question. Therefore, Section 2 was not around at that time but section 1 may have been.

Since the last digit seems to have a rounded bottom, then the following years can be used: 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, and 2008.

Now the following must be concluded:

If Sophis was killed on: 2000 , then the Present is about now- 2008

If Sophis was killed on: 2003 , then the Present is about now- 2010

If Sophis was killed on: 2005 , then the Present is about now- 2012

If Sophis was killed on: 2006 , then the Present is about now- 2013

If Sophis was killed on: 2008 , then the Present is about now- 2015.

My personal conclusion is that the GsG Present is 2010. I also remembering reading somewhere that the GsG Universe is about 2 years ahead of ours, thus making the 2010 year Present just about right.

Let the flaming begin!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: When Does GsG Happens?

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 30 Sep 2008 - 23:34

I don't know where you read that bit about GSG being two years ahead, Elfen. Never saw anything like it.

My estimate is that Angie was selected by the SWA in 2000, Triela in 2001, Rico, Bea, Henrietta, Claes and Elsa in 2002, and Petra some time afterwards, perhaps in 2005 (in this order). Therefore putting the present volume's time period at about 2007-2008.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 30 Sep 2008 - 23:41

additionally, I'd guess that the Croce incident happened right around the same time as Angie's reconstruction. So the headstone most likely reads '2000', and Jean found his way into the program shortly thereafter... shooting his way to second in command with his usual ruthless efficiency.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 30 Sep 2008 - 23:48

I would dare say that the Croche Incident was the reason why the SWA/Section 2 was created. Political assassinations may come and go, but killing a Judge and a good part of his family while leaving that humongo crator onto the highway was the line many had to draw!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 30 Sep 2008 - 23:55

something like Section 2's cyborg program doesn't come together overnight. If the idea for Section 2 was hatched in 2000, I wouldn't count on seeing a prototype like Angie until at least 2005, probably later.
I would guess that Section 2 was created to fund, contain, and utilize a program that was already well into development... but had no official organizational locale (actually, this is just me applying parts of boomer's Alpha Effect to the question... turns out plausible, though).

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 1 Oct 2008 - 0:10

In reading reviews of the manga and TV series online, it has been stated that GSG was meant to be "2-3 years in the future". However, none of them have ever stated where they got that impression from.

Since the first chapter was published in late November 2002, and we know the first chapters take place in late December, we could be looking at December 2004-2005, if true.

My OC and fiction timeline is geared to this, with Kara joining the Agency in the summer of 2004 and my stories taking place in 2005. I've forced Chapter 37 of the manga to be late April / early May 2005 to meet a certain requirement for the story that takes place after it and I am putting Chapter 45 in late 2005 for the same reasons.

Also, the Strait of Massina bridge was supposed to start construction in 2006, but was canceled that year by Prime Minister Romano Prodi. Looking through the manga, I am not sure if bombing the bridge was something the -Il Teatrino- animators added to the Pinnochio/Franco/Franca arc or I am just missing it in the manga, but Yu did write those stories before the bridge was canceled so if it is in the manga, that could place Volume 4/5 in 2006 or 2007 which would support the current volume being 2007-2008.

I'm trying to stay flexible enough if Yu puts down an actual date I can just adjust the year as necessary. Right now, Michele and Kara are relatively new to the Agency, but they would work just as well if they'd been there for a number of years if future chapters set a definite time-line in the future or if the weight of evidence makes a specific date so probable as to be unavoidable.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Wed 1 Oct 2008 - 0:22; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 1 Oct 2008 - 0:13

pretty much why I always put a clarification on my listed dates.
I wrote:Nickname:
Gwen

Age (as of October 2004, or approximately one year after the Elsa incident):
6 years.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 1 Oct 2008 - 0:15

Which reminds me, LoC - I put the Elsa incident as occurring in late 2003.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 1 Oct 2008 - 0:20

Section 2 likely could have been created relatively quickly. Just clone section 1's Organization Chart but, instead of older human operatives, replace them with child cyborgs.

In my fiction, I am operating under the assumption that most of the cyborg's technology existed in an advanced state, but was being applied piece-meal. The Section 2 medical staff are giving lectures on at least some of the systems and we know that advanced prosthetic devices are in use within the civilian population through the Agency.

So I am operating under the belief that a decision was made to bring these technologies and disciplines together to create the girls and Section 2 was created to allow the program to happen under secrecy. I am starting to believe that Triela was added to the program very early - perhaps within a few months of Angelica. The conditioning process alone took close to a year based on what Mario tells Triela about her background and they could not start the augmentation until then. So they could very well have had Angelica doing "field tests" of the implants for a number of months and then they put them into Triela since I expect they wanted more then one prototype to work with.
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 1 Oct 2008 - 0:21

Nachtsider wrote:Which reminds me, LoC - I put the Elsa incident as occurring in late 2003.
precisely. My guess was October.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 1 Oct 2008 - 4:23

I've always left the timeline open myself.

With the year the Chrysalis Foundation was founded as year X and the founding of the SWA as Year 1. Also, I place the founding of the SWA two years after that of the Chrysalis Foundation.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 1 Oct 2008 - 21:12

LoC978 wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:Which reminds me, LoC - I put the Elsa incident as occurring in late 2003.
precisely. My guess was October.
I put it around Mid December, Maybe just before Winter Soltice (12/22).
As I see it, everything happened just before Christmas.

The meteor shower is also in Late Year Winter as well; like if they tried to fit 4 episodes into 2 weeks span of time.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 3 Nov 2008 - 17:29

I looked through all 58 chapters and came up with a basic timeline at least in terms of months and seasons (not years):

Volume 1 - Christmas Week to New Year's week. Chapter 01 - December, most likely. Venus can be seen by the naked eye in daylight when it is brightest (which is in February). Chapter 03 - Takes place before Christmas, but page 106 takes place on Christmas. Chapter 04 - Between December 26th and 30th. Chapter 05 - Likely early January.

Volume 2 - Winter (December/January). Chapter 08 - Could be first week of January (Quadrantid meteor shower) or mid-December (Geminids). If it is the Gemind's, it takes place after Chapters 1-7 as they occur before Christmas. The Delta Cancrid shower also peaks in mid-January, but "peak" is 1-3 meteor per hour. The only visible showers in February are in the Southern Hemisphere.

Volume 3 - Winter

Volume 4 - Spring (likely starting in early March with Chapter 18)

Volume 5 - Spring (likely May based on hot weather in Chapter 23). Chapter 24 starts in Winter because it comes directly after Chapter 15. Chapter 25 follows Chapter 24 to start, then advances four months mid-way (so likely to late April or early May).

Volume 6 - Should be Spring or Summer. In Chapter 29, Giuse says it has been almost one year since Elsa and Lauro died (which was at Christmas). While Sicily's average temperature is in the upper 20's in September and lower 20's in October, but it sure seems like it takes place more in summer. He might have his dates mixed up or the translation team made a mistake. Also, the outfit of Enrika's Henrietta wears is a summer outfit. In Chapter 32 Petra is dressed in summer clothes.

Volume 7 - Summer. Likely June and July. Chapter 33 takes place a month after chapter 32 which means it is probably June. So Chapter 34 would also be June (even if I had it late May for OC story requirements).

Volume 8
- Early Fall (based on C43+C43)

Volume 9
- Winter

Volume 10
- Christmas week leading into New Years. Which means the entire story to date takes place over a roughly one-year period (Christmas to Christmas).

Two things I did notice:

Chapter 28 - St. Mark's belltower is encased in scaffolding, but I can't find any reference of it being worked on before late this year when they added a titanium belt to the lower basement to keep it from leaning. They worked on the clock-tower from 1998-2006, but that is a different structure. It is possible Yu confused the two...

Jean might only have been in the SWA two years by Chapter 28, even if the bombing that killed his family was five years prior to Chapter 35. He notes at the gravesite of his fiance "I've killed 56 members of Padania". I would expect him to visit the site at least annually, so in such a case I would think he was giving a "running total" and not a "since I last saw you two years ago..." total. I tend to not believe that Jean was in Section 2 at the beginning, even though he was present when Angelica started training in earnest. He's just the best, which is why he's the senior handler. Do we know when his fiance was killed and how (other then by Padania)?

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sun 14 Dec 2008 - 19:00; edited 2 times in total
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Mon 3 Nov 2008 - 17:38

the meteors could be the perseids

Perseids max Aug 12d09h UT

Chart. Despite not producing peak rates as high as those of the Geminids, the Perseid meteor shower remains the favourite for most observers. This is because, in addition to being rich in bright and trained meteors, it also occurs during summer in the northern hemisphere as opposed to the cold nights of December for the Geminids. Perseid activity can be seen from the last week of July through to the third week of August. The highest observed rates on any given night are likely to be seen when the radiant is highest in the sky late in the night. Moonlight conditions in 2008 will be good for the early Perseids. However, with the Moon passing First Quarter on Aug 8 and reaching Full by Aug 16, observations around maximum will be hindered, although observers at more northerly latitudes will benefit by the Moon being dimmed due to its low altitude in the sky.

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 3 Nov 2008 - 17:52

Awinnell wrote:the meteors could be the perseids

Unfortunately, it is quite clear from their heavy clothes and breath clouds that it is very cold where they are, which would rule out the Perseids (which, as you noted, occur in Summer). Yes, it could be possible they are well up in the Alps, but the other chapters in the volume make it clear it is winter.
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 14 Dec 2008 - 17:29

Kiskaloo wrote:Chapter 28 - St. Mark's belltower is encased in scaffolding, but I can't find any reference of it being worked on before late this year when they added a titanium belt to the lower basement to keep it from leaning. They worked on the clock-tower from 1998-2006, but that is a different structure. It is possible Yu confused the two...

Since one of the "Libretto" stories I am working on takes place in Venice, I've been using Google Maps for references and I also went back and read Chapter 28 and watched the first OAV.

What I thought was St. Mark's belltower is actually the belltower of the Church of San Giorgio Maggiore on the island of San Giorgio Maggiore, which is where the action is taking place. The belltower was encased in scaffolding from at least 2001 to early 2006. Since Chapter 28 was drawn in 2005, the pictures of San Giorgio Maggiore island Yu would have had access to would have shown that scaffolding.
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 14 Dec 2008 - 18:40

Kiskaloo wrote:
Awinnell wrote:the meteors could be the perseids

Unfortunately, it is quite clear from their heavy clothes and breath clouds that it is very cold where they are, which would rule out the Perseids (which, as you noted, occur in Summer). Yes, it could be possible they are well up in the Alps, but the other chapters in the volume make it clear it is winter.
Thats the Geminid meteor shower, which occurs around in Late December / Early January (I forget exactly when)

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 14 Dec 2008 - 19:00

ElfenMagix wrote:That's the Geminid meteor shower, which occurs around in Late December / Early January (I forget exactly when)

It is most visible in mid-December, which would place Chapter 8 prior to Chapters 4 and 5, which take place between Christmas and New Year's Day (Elsa shot Lauro between the 26th and 30th of December).
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 14 Dec 2008 - 21:20

Though I would dare say if happened on Xmas Eve, it sorta makes Elsa's Xmas Story an evenuality...

Can you imagine a mission on Christmas day? What kind of bum was Lauro?
Though things would have been different if they had lived; one emotionally defeated Elsa opening the rear of the LandRover to put away her Sniper Rifle, only to have one of several Xmas Boxes drop in front of her with her name on it.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 19 Dec 2008 - 13:51

Watching Episode 2 of -Il Teatrino- on the Funimation site, I noticed that Franca's other car is an
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, which firmly sets -Il Teatrino- in 2007 since that was the first year the car was available for sale.

I checked the manga, and her car is an Alfa Romeo 156 sedan, which makes sense as it was written in late 2003 (though the car was first shown as a concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September of that year). So it looks like Yu wanted to "upgrade" Franca's ride when he wrote the script for the anime. Wink

Bombing must pay well, since that car listed for 150.000.
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 19 Dec 2008 - 14:08

Finally, we have a semi-definite year. NOW to construct that timeline chart!

Kiskaloo wrote:Bombing must pay well, since that car listed for 150.000.

Alpha has this to say.
just whistlin'

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 19 Dec 2008 - 14:41

boomer_gonz wrote:Finally, we have a semi-definite year. NOW to construct that timeline chart!

Well I still believe the manga timeline is earlier (though not earlier then 2003), since even though he's written for six years, the manga itself only shows one year between Volume 01 and (the first chapter of) Volume 11. However, I do have my own OC timeline chart of the manga chapters.

boomer_gonz wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:Bombing must pay well, since that car listed for 150.000.

Alpha has this to say.
just whistlin'

Michele does have over 900.000 parked in his garage (615,000 for his Enzo, 175.000 for his F430 and 125.000 for his 456M GTA), so evidently fighting bombers pays well, too. Wink
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum