Comments

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Comments

Post by Guest on Thu 8 Jan 2009 - 11:29

Just a comment...

...is it just me, or is the voting for nearly all category were extremely limited?

I believe the majority of us here did not actually give something out or promote someone or something to be voted for. Maybe the admin should add what they think should be added? Some of the poll was rather...uh...obvious on who's getting the award.

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 8 Jan 2009 - 11:37

I suppose the biggest problem is all the new members we have (myself included) who are not familiar with the depth and breadth of the talent not just in this forum, but on other forums like fanfiction.net.

So I was only able to nominate in a handful of categories based on a few specific titles or pieces of art I had seen in the past six months or so, while others who have been not just on this forum since the beginning but also go back to the FF.net forums were nominating works going back years.

On the plus side, hopefully when next year's nominations come around, since we'll only be nominating works started/completed in 2008, all us new folks will be more "up to date" since we will have "recently" seen things we feel worth nominating and we will have a larger pool of nominees to vote from.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 8 Jan 2009 - 12:03

Yeah, I agree with that.

I was thinking that maybe the Admin could add something? Of course, adding something of their own is prohibited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 8 Jan 2009 - 13:12

Where possible, I did go look at the works others nominated and if it was a short story or series of stories, I could read it and seconded those nominations I agreed with (like 30 Wounds), but some of the longer works I just didn't have the time to read them and didn't feel it was correct of me to just skim through and either second it or ignore it.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 10 Jan 2009 - 18:55

The failure of the nomination process lies in the members.
10 days were given for the membership to nominate potiential talent and with a few minor corrections, this is what was created. I even seconded various works that only had 1 or 2 seconded nominations and a couple more un-seconded nominations to give a broader field to vote on.

Now, if the admins want to add or change the voting pattern, then its on them to do so, but it would appear that some unfair voting practices are being done. How could one be a winner of the award if they were not nominated in the first place?

So, this is how the shoes fell. Only issue I have is that it could have been better if everyone got invovled with the process. Mind you, I spent 3 days in and out the hospital as I set this up... I should not be hearing excuses about "I did not know about this..." or "I did not have time..."

Lets deal with it. At least the mistakes learned on this First Award Ceromony will make a much better Second Award Ceromony at the end of 2009.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 11 Jan 2009 - 11:56

Agreed

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Jan 2009 - 14:30

True.

Well, I doubt the first Oscar awards have some mishaps. Although I can't say that the members were all too blame; not all of us here paid much attention to fanfics, arts, etc. or what-not.

But oh well~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum