My idea ; How to kill a cyborg...

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My idea ; How to kill a cyborg...

Post by Guest on Tue 5 Feb 2008 - 16:09

Realistically speaking, I have access to only blades. The other weapon is a .22LR carbine with a 10-round magazine. I'm sorry, but I would much rather stick with my blades than my .22LR carbine.

Not to mention, I don't just have blades, but I'm somewhat familar with using them. In fact, you can have a lightsaber for all I care.

If I really had enough time to prepare, though, I'd have whiskey bombs too.

Out on the street, I don't stand a chance. In my own home, I have some, since it is, afterall, my home.

Given a choice of weapons and a decent amount of ammunition, I'd choose a semi-automatic grenade launcher, notably, the M-32 Multiple shot Grenade Launcher in a building-setting. You can run and shoot this like a carbine. One round for each girl, plus an extra. (That was really morbid).

Outside, with a distance advantage, I'd pick none other than the SVD.

In an urban setting with corners, I'd go equipped like a SWAT member, with dragonskin armor, and a semi-automatic shotgun with a drum-magazine would be my preference... or the Tommy submachinegun. For room-clearing, two Deagles in .45.

As the situation changes, so do my weapons, but I'm not using anything short of a .357 caliber, cyborg enemies or not.

Why didn‘t you just link your damn story Colonel. Christ, we all know how fascinated you are with torturing little girls.
My stories are already posted about G.D. Wallez, but it is a three-story series. If I provided a link, it would be to: The Epic. Someone once complained about having the stories all separate, but there's 10 chapters in the first story (about 10), 13 in the next, and 16 in the finale.

Yeah, these aren't some 4,000-word stories I'm talking about that I can simply give you links for you to read in less than an hour's time. In total, there's approximately 72,600 words total: that's the average size of a full-length novel.

I'm not sure who'd read the story if I posted all the chapters up in a week's period of time. I still have more than 20 chapters to go. What I posted up there wasn't even a brief overview, just a focus on the topic's discussion.

Besides, the links to the stories no longer exist, not since I left Fanfiction.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 5 Feb 2008 - 20:23

ah. thought we were on the subject of 5R bigwigs, not just ourselves. I doubt any of us have the intel networks in place to figure out we were targeted, so... yeah. Any of us would more than likely just die by Rico's snipe

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 5 Feb 2008 - 23:57

LoC978 wrote:ah. thought we were on the subject of 5R bigwigs, not just ourselves. I doubt any of us have the intel networks in place to figure out we were targeted, so... yeah. Any of us would more than likely just die by Rico's snipe

Yeah, notice though, I said if I knew they were coming, and could prepare. That's the only way my villans were able to do it. They were prepared, specifically for the cyborgs.

Oh, thanx 4 the comments. I didn't know if anyone was still reading my material.

Anyway, on the 'Wire Gun', I've decided to drop trying to come up with realistic ways to incorporate the actual wire used and just make it the sloppy, unoriginal monofilament wire. NO I'm sure a stabbing of that would do the girls in, but that's just it: stabbing them, which of course means getting close.

Still, the best way to kill the girls is via *BANG!*

I'd like to note, however, that while I've sent cyborgs, flames, .50 caliber rifles, blades, poisons, and even Charlett (Jose's finance)... none of these actually did work. We're all too soft on the girls, and we're not killing them (except maybe Angie) anytime soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Wed 6 Feb 2008 - 3:49

Colonel Marksman wrote:
We're all too soft on the girls, and we're not killing them (except maybe Angie) anytime soon.

brewding evil intent for next fic :twisted:

Anyway if i were a badie, and one aware of the existence of the SWA I'd just set up base on a oil platform in the middle of the sea. if i sea any choppers or boats i just blow em' up and that's the end of that story.

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Forum Posts : 1747

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 6 Feb 2008 - 23:09

... I should put plant a flag on the idea then... it's already taken. (spoilers)

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Thu 7 Feb 2008 - 1:06

if you're intent is to kill off a gunslinger girl then i hope we can at least share the concept.

one of the working concepts so far in killing a cyborg is with explosives, however i can't help but mention that Angie survived an explotion (i think) so how muck "boom" does it take to blow away the girls?

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 7 Feb 2008 - 2:19

How much boom? I'd say armor-piercing bullets of any caliber, along with high-explosive rounds of 20mm caliber and up (including grenades). Anything short of this would be folly.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 7 Feb 2008 - 22:21

Nachtsider wrote:How much boom? I'd say armor-piercing bullets of any caliber, along with high-explosive rounds of 20mm caliber and up (including grenades). Anything short of this would be folly.

I think .357 and .45 handgun calibers can do it, though I would prefer to put my faith into bigger, rifle calibers doing the trick. In random weakpoints and sly shots it seems that 7.62x39mm can do it (AK-47s).

if you're intent is to kill off a gunslinger girl then i hope we can at least share the concept.
Oh, always. I just want "claim of being the first" is all. It's not copyright persay, but yeah. Even using my own characters is almost always welcomed.

A bit of issue that happened was when Panzer IV was involved in the Wedding War forum posts RPG topic, and had his character Fredrick got Triela pregnant. Well, at the same time, I wrote a GSG story which had Triela become pregnant. Panzer didn't like that because I was "copying his idea". Honestly, I started my story long before Triela's pregnancy came around in the forum topic, but he reached the idea first.

With the complaints, I deleted the story, much to the dismay of several readers (which rather surprised me).

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 8 Feb 2008 - 12:11

Colonel Marksman wrote:Anyway, on the 'Wire Gun', I've decided to drop trying to come up with realistic ways to incorporate the actual wire used and just make it the sloppy, unoriginal monofilament wire. :nono: I'm sure a stabbing of that would do the girls in, but that's just it: stabbing them, which of course means getting close.
If your still using it for stabbing then you still haven't solved the issue. Unless your going to A) Move the wire faster then it has any right to go B) Actually apply tension to the wire your not going to get cutting, let alone stabbing. Is there something else I'm missing? I don't mean to be an ass, but it physics. Also monofilament wire doesn't mean anything past single strand wire, that means it could still be on a nano scale.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 8 Feb 2008 - 15:56

Wileama wrote:
Colonel Marksman wrote:Anyway, on the 'Wire Gun', I've decided to drop trying to come up with realistic ways to incorporate the actual wire used and just make it the sloppy, unoriginal monofilament wire. :nono: I'm sure a stabbing of that would do the girls in, but that's just it: stabbing them, which of course means getting close.
If your still using it for stabbing then you still haven't solved the issue. Unless your going to A) Move the wire faster then it has any right to go B) Actually apply tension to the wire your not going to get cutting, let alone stabbing. Is there something else I'm missing? I don't mean to be an ass, but it physics. Also monofilament wire doesn't mean anything past single strand wire, that means it could still be on a nano scale.

The term "monofilament wire" is the more commonly known word for the correct "monomolecular wire". Monomolecular wire is a fictional wire that is a blade (or uses blades) that cuts between molecules. The idea uses the ideal that the thinner the blade, the better it cuts. However, no material has been developed or found able to be shaped into such a thing. Example: paper and grass blades cut our skin extremely easily, but doesn't penatrate well, and isn't very consistent.

As a sci-fi weapon, it was first used as a whip, which wouldn't make sense considering the weilder's hands or gloves. The tabletop strategy game Warhammer 40,000 came up with the design that I copied from. It's the "Harlequin's Kiss". This weapon contains the wire in a canister that is attached to a long, thick needle. This needle is injected into a target, and a "spool" of the wire is released, guided through the needle, and violently unwinds inside the target, turning the target's organs to goo. According to the game, the needle could stab a tank and rip its electronics and crew to shreds. I got the idea this could work in real life (somewhat) from a weed eater (which uses a thin, plastic wire).

I thought of working around the problem of non-existent monomolecular wire by trying to come up with other materials. A friend of mine pointed out, however, that as the wire would meet resistance, it wouldn't uncoil and slice, but curve. So, stabbing the gun into an organ, the wire would only unwind within that organ. However, he supposed that using a brittle material, the wire would break upon meeting resistance, shooting a chaotic explosion of needles throughout the body. As a peice of it would meet resistance, that would break off, etc. I'm still trying to figure out what he means.

I've given up, and am saying that they found a monomolecular wire useable for this design. Anyway, the wire gun also includes an air-pressure canister that will be the driving force in releasing the coiled wire.

I'm sure diamond could do it... but I don't think it can be carved into a coiled wire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Tue 12 Feb 2008 - 9:14

@Colonel:

Sheo Darren has come up with some pretty good ideas on combating cyborgs.

Why, thank you.

If anyone's curious about what I did...

Life Goes On

1) Ricin-tipped arrowheads and knives wielded by Elena, Giuseppe and Rolito Miranda. Idea modified from ricin-tipped pellet that killed defector Georgi Markov and the fictional ricin-tipped "daggers" in Ian Slater's World War III: Warshot techno-thriller novel.

I admit to exaggerating ricin's speed and effectiveness due to trusting my source novel too much. Rolito told Elena that ricin would kill nearly instantaneously. But Markov (the most celebrated victim of the said poison) took three days to die.

However
, ricin has no antidote (the US Army reputedly has a vaccine, though).

2) 7.62mm bullets at close range. This was pointed out to me by Nachtsider. Best example: Angie took a chestload of them in Season 1 Episode 12, and she came close to buying the farm. Hence, bigger bullets are called for.

The problem is hitting a little girl who moves as fast as greased lightning.

The Wedding War forum RPG

1) A combination dart-hypodermic needle loaded with fast-acting tetrodotoxin. Used by Giuseppe Miranda to kill Rey (Colonel's OC antagonist).

The tip of the dart is specifically designed to punch through cyborg armor. However (and ironically), the weapon was designed for cyborgs' use.

The dart is stabbed into the target. Once it punches through the skin, it delivers its pressurized payload into its victim's bloodstream.

The poison, tetrodotoxin, is a neurotoxin taken from the venomous Conus geographus, possibly the most poisonous creature on the planet. It attacks the nervous system and paralyzes the victim's body. There is no cure.

The brilliance with this weapon is that it takes advantage of the girls' primary defensive tactic: blocking with their forearms. Rarely (if ever) do the girls try to dodge.

While I once more admit to exaggerating the speed of the poison (I blame Michael Crichton for this one), tetrodotoxin is relatively fast, with a minimum of 30 minutes (so says Wiki) for the symptoms to appear. (It may be faster; Conus geographus was nicknamed the "cigarette snail", reputedly because a victim had about enough time to light and smoke a cigarette before dying.)

Plus, I fortuitously covered this possible goof by intentionally loading a large amount of the poison into the dart. Hah! Quantity overcomes quality yet again.

The World Within And Without

Note: This, by the way, is a very kooky and childish fic of mine that has little to do with GSG. It is not to be taken seriously in any way.

1) Explosive darts fitted with shaped explosive charges (similar to an RPG warhead or Claymore mine). Can be thrown or used as stabbing weapons. Again expressly designed for cyborgs' use. Chloe (from Noir) was strong enough to use them well, though.

Future Plans

1) Electricity. Tommygunner taught me a lot about amps and voltage. 5 amps to the head...

@WestNile:

Anyway if i were a badie, and one aware of the existence of the SWA I'd
just set up base on a oil platform in the middle of the sea. if i sea
any choppers or boats i just blow em' up and that's the end of that
story.

^_^

I had Rolito use an oil tanker. That way, he got to hold a city hostage, too.

It's difficult to blow up an oil platform unless it was one of the old, empty ones. Contrary to what many people may think, oil does not explode when it ignites. It burns.

It's the oil vapor in the empty or partly-empty tanks that blows up. So, always look for the empty tanks.

We're all too soft on the girls, and we're not killing them (except maybe Angie) anytime soon.

... I should put plant a flag on the idea then... it's already taken. (spoilers)

^_^
Sheo Darren

Male

Forum Posts : 389

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 12 Feb 2008 - 9:17

looks like Sheo has just joined the "to kill a Gunslinger Girl" club voodoo doll

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Tue 12 Feb 2008 - 9:21

looks like Sheo has just joined the "to kill a Gunslinger Girl" club voodoo doll

Not really. The topic just caught my fancy. I'd never want to kill any of the girls. I'd love them to death.
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Feb 2008 - 14:03

Sheo Darren wrote:Not really. The topic just caught my fancy. I'd never want to kill any of the girls. I'd love them to death.

No pun intended there, Sheo? Awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 12 Feb 2008 - 21:47

Sheo Darren wrote:
@WestNile:

Anyway if i were a badie, and one aware of the existence of the SWA I'd
just set up base on a oil platform in the middle of the sea. if i sea
any choppers or boats i just blow em' up and that's the end of that
story.

^_^

I had Rolito use an oil tanker. That way, he got to hold a city hostage, too.

It's difficult to blow up an oil platform unless it was one of the old, empty ones. Contrary to what many people may think, oil does not explode when it ignites. It burns.

It's the oil vapor in the empty or partly-empty tanks that blows up. So, always look for the empty tanks.

Actually i already made a counter measure for such a stunt:

Wheeling in the SWA's 1st 3rd generation cyborg... Sophia! SWA's 1st amphibious cyborg. see "Create your new characters then say your copyright here!!" for details

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 13 Feb 2008 - 15:05

Wheeling in the SWA's 1st 3rd generation cyborg... Sophia! SWA's 1st amphibious cyborg. see "Create your new characters then say your copyright here!!" for details

They performed a risky amphibious assault on the oil tanker. I don't remember the details, but I remember Rico being towed with scuba gear.

And the character Rolito utilized the RPG onboard to take out a news helicopter to show how serious they were.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 0:49

Colonel Marksman wrote:

They performed a risky amphibious assault on the oil tanker. I don't remember the details, but I remember Rico being towed with scuba gear.

And the character Rolito utilized the RPG onboard to take out a news helicopter to show how serious they were.

o but Sophia is built specifically for the water

Sheo's Rolito character is so cool!

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 9:01

West Nile wrote:Sheo's Rolito character is so cool!

Quoted for truth.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Feb 2008 - 1:39

I agree, one of the best characters in fiction, hands down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Sun 17 Feb 2008 - 3:21

Thanks, guys. I'm really humbled. ^_^
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 19 Feb 2008 - 5:11

o yeah back on the main topic, would trapping the girls in a bullet proof water tank do the job?

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 19 Feb 2008 - 9:57

if it were big enough that they had nothing they could brace on and break the glass with their [Ahnold accent]supahuman muscles[/Ahnold accent], sure, that'd do it.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 19 Feb 2008 - 12:15

Hehehe... I've already come up with that one. Aquarium. The problem with that idea is that it is overdone a bit. The bad mafia guy puts the dude/gal into a tank with one or more sharks and then closes the top.

And... ehuh... LoC, that avatar of yours is really... kinda... I don't know... rather disturbing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 19 Feb 2008 - 13:44

Disturbingly awesome!

Anyway a tank full of sharks with friggin 'laser beams' on the their head, can never be over done.

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 19 Feb 2008 - 23:56

I plan on Hilshire falling into the tank while chasing after a terrorist. Triela jumps in, struggles with the shark, Hilshire gets out, Triela struggling to swim, screaming, "Hilshire! Get him! Don't worry about me!"

"But Triela, I..."

Triela is taken under, blood seeps up, and the shark's fin passes over it and makes a dive. Triela is never seen again.

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 1:12

Colonel Marksman wrote:I plan on Hilshire falling into the tank while chasing after a terrorist. Triela jumps in, struggles with the shark, Hilshire gets out, Triela struggling to swim, screaming, "Hilshire! Get him! Don't worry about me!"

"But Triela, I..."

Triela is taken under, blood seeps up, and the shark's fin passes over it and makes a dive. Triela is never seen again.

Could be an attractive good story!

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 3:54

yeah but then... you killed Triela aaah! how about just locking them up in a tank full of water and watching him/her struggle...

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 3:54

I think a shark would have a very tough time dealing with an SWA cyborg, what with superhuman reflexes, resilient carbon frame bodies and all that jazz.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 5:20

but theoretically all the water will tone all that down, unless Triela has a bayonet in hand the best she can do is hold the shark's mouth shut

That's what makes a possible underwater duel so cool.

Last edited by West Nile on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 5:26; edited 1 time in total

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 6:02

If she gets a hold of that shark, she could rip its innards out with her super-strength.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 6:27

Triela needs only to drive her fist into its side hard to kill it. Dolphins do much the same thing. The shark rarely gets back up from a high-speed ram to its guts.

Or go for the gills. Stop the shark's motion- and drown it. A shark has to continuously swim in order to breathe, as it lacks the swim bladder that allows other fish to float easily. (Instead, it uses squalene stored in its liver. Not a very efficient way.) Dead sharks almost always sink to the bottom of the sea, in contrast to dead fish who tend to float upwards into the surface of the sea for quite a while.

At least bop it on its nose. That really works in real life. The nose area has a lot of sensitive sensors. Some sharks, though, are not as affected by such blows.

Some sharks, if inverted or stroked on the nose, enter a natural state of tonic immobility - researchers use this condition for handling sharks safely.

(Somehow I find the image of Triela doing this to a shark very hot. Maybe she can do the same to Hilshire, and he turns all meek and dere? ^_^)

Also, what kind of shark? Note that it's difficult to catch one of the bigger sharks, like the great white or (Heaven forbid!) the tiger shark, one of the meanest critters that ever swam. Bull sharks will probably do; they're as vicious as Triple H (they will really eat their mother if they can!), like shallow water, and swim up rivers (ask any man who swims or floats corpses down the Ganges River in Idia).

Unfortunately, you'd have to import these guys. The Med is not a shark haven. Very Happy

Also, the shark might consider Triela not quite palatable at the first bite. It's theorized that sharks taste their meal using the first bite they take out of it as a measuring stick. And Triela's armored skin isn't exactly a hors d' ouvre.

Heh! Thread hijack: have the girls get out of these dangerous situations we throw them into!
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 6:34

Sheo Darren wrote:Somehow I find the image of Triela doing this to a shark very hot. Maybe she can do the same to Hilshire, and he turns all meek and dere? ^_^

Oh, you...

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 6:44

Bull sharks have d highest testosterone level among any animal on earth, so if Triela's blood drives them to a frenzy they will go on a frenzy, whether she tastes good or not, whether she bops them in the nose, they're gonna rip her appart.

water would probably slow Triela's blows down to the strenght of a normal adult so bludgeoning the shark might not be efficient enough.

the girls are not that super human, Triela didn't really have a easy time opening those hand cuffs. if they are strong enough to rip a shark they should be strong enough to rip any guy apart, and that will lead to a uneccesarily gory anime

best solution is still, 1) bring a bayonet 2) hold the shark's mouth and wish Hillshire comes back and shoots the sharks.

no need to have Triela hanging with sharks, Triela wet is hot!

Last edited by West Nile on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 6:51; edited 3 times in total

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 9:55

if she could get a good grip on the thing, water would have no effect on how hard she could bear hug it. that'd be one squished shark.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 10:42

Okay Sharks are apex predators for a reason. They've evolved of the course of millions of years, and stayed at the top. This situation is much more dangerous then the one in which she faced Pino. I think it comes down to this:
  • How well can Triela swim?
  • How well orientated is Triela upon entering the water
  • How tasty is Triela?
  • How hungry is the shark?
If the shark gets the first blow in, which I imagine that as the better swimmer it will, that's a big blow. I've made my opinions clear before: the girls aren't so much bullet proof, as they are absorbers of damage. A shark bite is way more damage then a bullet wound. That, and if the shark has been kept sufficiently hungry it will eat her; tasty, or not.

What happens next is the big decider. I can see the shark getting a second blow in before the conditioning kicks in. So Triela could stay sufficiently disoriented enough, that she wont be able to fight back. At least not before sufficient damage to put her behind the curve. Add the water factor, and yeah bad day.

It also possible that Triela keeps a cool enough head to punch the shark in the nose, or bear hug it. Something to give her breathing space. Oh right breathing. Yeah this is one advantage the shark has. If it can take her under, it's pretty much won. If she does manages to ward the shark off after the first bite, the fight becomes more vague. The shark might decide she's just not worth it, or hope that she bleeds out. That happens Triela swims to the edge, or sinks due to not being able to swim. Call it 50/50 chance of living. The shark might also decide to try to attack her again. This time it's a bit more even, but nature still favors the shark getting in a hit.

I see that pattern repeating, until enough damage is done to seal the deal. If Triela can't fend off, or kill the shark quickly she's going to lose. A prolonged battle favors the shark. However Triela only needs something like one or two hits to put the shark away. Maybe three if the shark goes into a frenzy. Still Triela in pool badly wounded, is not a good place for her. Even if the shark loses, she might not win. These are bad odds, especially when you compare them to the fights Cyborgs are use to.

Oh yeah on last thing, what if there are two, or three sharks?

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 14:42

Ah, yes, many of you are correct. I've already thought of these things and researched them.

1) Water weaknesses.
.... A. Yes, the water will slow her down by a bit, but remember, Triela as a cyborg will simply sink to the bottom because of her weight. She's going to expending a LOT of energy simply staying above the surface. Trying to stay surfaced while fighting a shark is going to be rather difficult. We mere mortals are much more boyant.
.... B. Shooting isn't a good option. Water (as tested by the Mythbusters) weakens the strength penatration of a bullet, and I doubt a 9mm is going to do too much against a frenzied shark.

2) The Shark.
.... A. While using a Great White is overdone, its not what I need. The Tiger Shark is probably going to be my key shark. Why? Because a Tiger Shark will have an easier time chomping through than a Great White. Scientifically proven, most sharks have a "test bite" when they contact something new. A Great White's test bite is dangerous simply because it's jaws are opening many times wider than your middle. The Tiger Shark, on the other hand, has some of the sharpest teeth in the sea. Also, Tiger Sharks are pretty agressive. They were the ones that did most the killing of the crew thrown overboard in WWII in the Pacific.
.... B. Triela is going to be bleeding and wounded. This is how the shark will have his frenzy activated. Sharks will bite and chew if there's blood, regardless of what it is.
.... C. The Tiger Shark is past due his feeding time.
.... D. Triela is going to be pistol-armed, no bayonett.
.... E. There's 14 different sharks in the tank, though the Tiger Shark will be the one initating the attacks. This includes the Bull, Hammerhead, Great White, Tiger, amongst others.

3) Triela.
.... A. Because Hilshire is threatened, conditioning activates immediately, before she enters the water. It was the conditioning that prompted her to get in there in the first place.
.... B. She's going to have first move.
.... C. Triela knew how to swim before she became a cyborg, but will be rusty (according to the story).
.... D. Triela is armed with her trusty sidearm.
.... E. She won't be severely wounded, but will have bled some.

So, yes, Wileama struck a lot of the points dead on.

To prevent Hilshire from getting eaten, Triela is going to bear-hug the Tiger Shark swimming up to investigate (though unknown to Triela, the sharks aren't interested in Hilshire, as a humanoid-form has been in the water before, and lunging after it is a painful experience, e.g. divers). Triela is bleeding, but not much, and it won't be until the Tiger Shark starts thrashing that her wounds open up.

Hilshire was the first one in the tank, which is a signal to the sharks' everyday lives that means food. Triela enters, bleeding. Tiger Shark was first to investigate Hilshire, Triela goes after it. The other sharks are swimming around trying to find and smell the food as Triela bear-hugs the Tiger Shark. At this point, the shark will take her under by several meters. Triela will gain a little upper hand by shooting her pistol point-blank into the shark. She lets go, miraculously surfaces, when the Tiger Shark goes after her and takes her down in a great pooling of blood.
Then... :yaay: no more hot Triela for Sheo Darren and West Nile.

Ok, this isn't final yet, but I'm scanning more ideas still. I haven't decided if Triela will be the cyborg victim, Rico, or Henrietta.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 5:40

guns work underwater?

you know you can spare everyone (specifically Sheo and me) the torment by just throwing Petra into the shark tank. Everyone wins! Laughing

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 7:06

@Nachtsider:

Oh, you...

Vivid imagination plus lack of girlfriend, Nachtsider-san. ^_^

@West Nile:

no need to have Triela hanging with sharks, Triela wet is hot!

Hmmm... maybe I still have that pic of that blonde girl in the Japanese high school swimsuit that looks a lot like Triela... nope, don't have it anymore... anyone got that pic?

@Colonel Marksman:
Then... :yaay: no more hot Triela for Sheo Darren and West Nile.

Screw that outcome, Colonel. *starts up Venom AS*

Hey... wait...

Is the water in that pool chlorinated?

Very Happy

*sharks all dead due to chlorine poisoning before Hilshire even falls into the pool*

Bad Guys: "Aw, fuck."

T'is the tiny details. And if not-

*pours iodine into the pool*

Let's see you live through that, fishies!
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 15:20

West Nile wrote:guns work underwater?

Some do, some don't.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 20:35

Nachtsider wrote:
West Nile wrote:guns work underwater?

Some do, some don't.
this is the only way I've seen to be sure.
there are others, but... water is dense... the more drag a bullet has, the quicker it stops in water. Mythbusters tested the theory, and most bullets go less than 3 feet before expending all of their energy. A .50BMG goes in less than 2 feet, a .22LR goes about 3.
so, most guns are basically useless underwater.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 20:52

Unless, of course, your target's a foot or less away from you.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 20:55

yeah, but if the shark has you in it's mouth your could put the gun barrel to the things head, probably blow it's brains out. At the very least destroy an eye.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 20:56

My point exactly.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 20:58

yeah, but if you are a cyborg, that's not exactly useless. Shooting it is probably quicker, and more reliable then a melee attack.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 22:56

Nachtsider wrote:Unless, of course, your target's a foot or less away from you.
Exactly. While Triela is bear-hugging, she'll have her pistol in hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 0:06

even at close range, water in the barrel of her weapon would severely reduce muzzle velocity. I agree she could probably get it in the eye with her .38, but anywhere else is out.... shark hide is tough stuff.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 0:09

Well there is no way to be sure without actually doing it. As our official heavily armed beach bum, I'm afraid the job falls to you LoC. Hop to soldier.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 0:13

*goes out to aquire a shark in a tank*
...I really don't wanna buy a P232, though... maybe I'll substitute with Rico's weapon...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 22:36

but chances are Triela's guns won't work in d first place. it's not like they have her guns specifically switched to water proof.

Petra in d tank! Petra in d tank! Petra in d tank!

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 0:05

West Nile wrote:but chances are Triela's guns won't work in d first place. it's not like they have her guns specifically switched to water proof.

Petra's death will be another route. Sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 0:17

They probably just want to see her in a swimsuit.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 1:04

nah i just won't mind if someone would kill her off

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 1:20

West Nile wrote:but chances are Triela's guns won't work in d first place. it's not like they have her guns specifically switched to water proof.

Nachtsider wrote:They probably just want to see her in a swimsuit.
see? ...it shall be far more than seeing. I'll play the part of the shark. Muh-m-muhahahaha!

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 1:42

unless fanserivice girls taste good i'd rather watch her get torn apart

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 15:08

There is another weapon Triela could use to kill a shark when underwater: http://www.hkpro.com/peleven.htm which might be a little easier to swim with no?

What I might use if I had to kill a cyborg...

Well at range I'd brobably try this: http://www.hkpro.com/gmg.htm

Then if they got too close for that I'd use a one o' these: http://www.vincelewis.net/60magnum.html Smile Though I'd probably never be able to hold on to it...

And then if they still wern't dead then I'd be tempted to resort to this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/57/Chieftain-1.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 21:31

How much of their cybornetics contains iron/steel/other metals attracted to magnets? Why?

Think: Large junkyard magnet crane modified with a bit more juice!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 21:39

Yeah, but what are the chances Triela is carrying a super rare weapon, just in case she falls into the water?

Personal I would stick to an auto-shotgun with slugs for close in

Also carbon fiber doesn't magnetize easily.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 22:59

I'm thinking that the joints would have to be metalic. Carbon fiber against carbon fiber would not fair well in wear and tear.

Anyways, nice way to disarm them...

And any evil villian worth his genius would know how to add and power an MRI Magnetic Ring to one of those cranes!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 23:16

You could always have another type of plastic for the joint. Yeah it would be useful. I can imagine more useful booby traps though.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum