Chiara and Silvia

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chiara and Silvia

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 20:03

Like any government, agency and organizational operation, budgets are based on yearly plans. If the SWA Section 2 budget is runnning out, it is only the allotted amount based for that year, and they need to cut back to save costs. This happens to all governments, agencies, and organzations- both great and small.

The issue/question here would be- would Section 2 still be given its yearly allottment of the government's budget? Would the Government still supportive of the program. All fingers seems to point to a yes... but at what price? A successful mission would be a major asset for a funding increase. And this mission better be successful...

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5676

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 20:14

While I still believe the Social Welfare Agency - both it's public and private faces - are directly administered by the Prime Minister, we know from Chapter 2 that there are members of the Italian government who not only know about the cyborgs of Special Operations Section 2, but also support them.

What I personally find really chilling is that in Chapter 2 we learn a Senator called in a hit on a member of the Chamber of Deputies so members of the Italian Parliament are using the cyborgs as proxy soldiers against each other. Guh?

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10890

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 20:24

Like the US Congress, the Italian Parliment must be broken up into committees but where members are invited in to join. This can create a Cyborg Program friendly group based under some name like Home Anti-terrorist Committee, and subjects within Parliment can be targetted.

Talk about your crazy conspiracies!

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 20:28

I would be more inclined to think that it is individuals who know about the program either being elected to Parliament or being let in on it because of what they can do to benefit the SWA.

Considering how unstable Italian politics are, I would be surprised if the SWA's "private side" actually "briefed" Parliament on their activities, even in closed session. It's just too risky.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 20:39

Random question. Is the real Italy anywhere as unstable as depicted in GSG...?

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 20:41

@Nachtsider wrote:Random question. Is the real Italy anywhere as unstable as depicted in GSG?

Italy on average has changed their government every year since the end of World War II, so politically, it's a basket-case IMO.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 21:07

Yes, it's surreal. It's been like that ever since Garibaldi. Even before they brought in the republic after the war ( NO ), Prime Ministers would be out on their ear in months. At 6-7 years Silvio Berlusconi has lasted longer than any of them, and even he's lost and regained his position twice before now!

Gunslinger Girl also borrows some of its inspiration from the "Years of Lead" in the 1970s and 1980s, when communist treason and political violence in general was a big threat. God Almighty, even putting aside politics the disorder can be bewildering -- a thousand murders occured in just two years as part of the Second Mafia War! Maybe that's exceptional, but I still can't believe assurances that violent crime is statistically low in Italy for a heartbeat. How much goes unreported, I wonder...

Robert Frazer

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 21:22

@Robert Frazer wrote:Yes, it's bewildering. Even before they brought in the republic after the war ( Sad ), Prime Ministers would be out on their ear in months. At 6-7 years Silvio Berlusconi has lasted longer than any of them, and even he's lost and regained his position twice before now!

Gunslinger Girl borrows some of its inspiration from the "Years of Lead" in the 1970s and 1980s, when communist treason and political violence in general was a big threat. God Almighty, even putting aside politics the disorder can be bewildering -- a thousand murders occured in just two years as part of the Second Mafia War! Maybe that's exceptional, but I still can't believe assurances that violent crime is statistically low in Italy for a heartbeat. How much goes unreported, I wonder...

2000? NYC had bloodier years than that! on a good low year, we average 3 murders a day, bringing the count to just over 1000!

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 21:27

I've heard talk that Yu based his PRF on the IRA.

I once posed the question whether or not the PRF really exists, but I've forgotten what the answer was...

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 21:30

Random Berlusconi fact that I found funny

On September 26, 2005 Berlusconi was acquitted because the new law on false accounting makes false accounting illegal only if there is a specific damaged party reporting the fact to the authorities.This new law was passed by Berlusconi's parliamentary majority after the beginning of the trial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trials_involving_Silvio_Berlusconi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."Alden Nowlan
"Happy is the one who's able to laugh at himself:he's sure to be entertained for a long time"

Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 21:31

Well there are various political groups who at one time or another have called for independence of the northern regions of Italy, Lega Nord being the most well-known. However, I don't recall there being a large-scale armed insurrection over it.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Mon 23 Mar 2009 - 10:35; edited 1 time in total

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 21:38

I've heard talk that Yu based his PRF on the IRA

in Vol. 3 Cristiano does mention something along those lines - that Milan is going to become the 'new Belfast'. Although with that said, the evil Fenian scumbag Provos tend to be Marxist in their political credo while the Padanians have run the gamut of the political spectrum but tend to be presented as neofascists more often than not.

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Mon 23 Mar 2009 - 1:13

It's a design decision. The narrative right back on Vol. One Page One
states that the first-generation cyborgs had to be young, because the
relatively underdeveloped prosthetics and conditioning procedures could
only effectively bed in and take hold on similarly undeveloped bodies
and immature minds. The increasing age of the second-generation girls
is also a sign of increasing technological sophistication, reducing
circumstantial limitations on where the devices can be deployed.
Ultimately, the Agency hopes that its techniques will be universally
and unconditionally applicable; usable by everyone, including adults.

The biggest difference between 1st and 2nd Gen is the loyalty of the cyborgs. In the 1st Gen, it seems that their devotion to their fratello is so built into the brainwashing, that the imprinting can't be undone or rewritten (e.g. Claes) -- even to the point where their obsession goes horribly wrong (e.g. Else). With the 2nd Gen., IIRC, Petrushka said that she could go against and even kill her handler if that was what the agency ordered her to do. The 2nd Gen. seem to be finer tuned and more interchangeable killing machines. It is also why so far we don't feel as much for them...the brainwashing has been so refined that all the little problems that popped up with the 1st Gen. girls that showed us that this was just wrong, is now missing.
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostfriendly on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 6:36

@MadHatChemist wrote:
The biggest difference between 1st and 2nd Gen is the loyalty of the cyborgs. In the 1st Gen, it seems that their devotion to their fratello is so built into the brainwashing, that the imprinting can't be undone or rewritten (e.g. Claes) -- even to the point where their obsession goes horribly wrong (e.g. Else). With the 2nd Gen., IIRC, Petrushka said that she could go against and even kill her handler if that was what the agency ordered her to do. The 2nd Gen. seem to be finer tuned and more interchangeable killing machines. It is also why so far we don't feel as much for them...the brainwashing has been so refined that all the little problems that popped up with the 1st Gen. girls that showed us that this was just wrong, is now missing.

The 2nd gen are less strictly brainwashed, and the manga often asks if the development of less harmful cybernetics is worth the sufferings of the 1st gen. It hasn't asked much if a less visible evil really is more insidious; if convient cybernetics became widespread,the government probably wouldn't object to the repcipients being conditoned into good loyal citizenship.

Maybe we should feel as sorry for Petra as for the 1st gen cyborgs; even if she's happy, she's being morally and sexually exploited.
Ghostfriendly

Male

Forum Posts : 149

Fan of : Rico and Triela, Triela and Rico

Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 17:50

Ha! Both Generations of cyborgs are brainwashed to be loyal to theirs handlers. Only difference is that the 2nd Gens have additional programming to allow SWA Supervisors to override (HA!) a handler's hold on the cyborg.

But as Petra said it herself when 'Sandro asked what if the SWA order her tp shoot him, what would she do, she could not give him a straight answer.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 18:08

But as Petra said it herself when 'Sandro asked what if the SWA order her tp shoot him, what would she do, she could not give him a straight answer.

I think this opening for free thought will come back to bite the agency in the ass at some point. Maybe Sandro and Petra will skip town, who knows? A free thinking cyborg is a liability, particularly if their restrictive boundries can be pushed at over time like Petra is doing.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 18:28

Petra is not doing the pushing. 'Sandro is the one pulling all the strings here.
Just like any other handler.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 18:34

@ElfenMagix wrote:But as Petra said it herself when 'Sandro asked what if the SWA order her tp shoot him, what would she do, she could not give him a straight answer.
I guess if Sandro ever tried to pull a Raballo, the agency could just have Petra ice him. Thatís something youíd never have to worry about with a 1st generation little sister.

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 19:41

I expect Petra's feelings for Alessandro would prevent her from killing him if ordered to.

I admit to being intrigued that Elsa killed Lauro. After Henrietta and Claes tried to take out each other's handlers, Jean said they would be re-written to prevent it (and I have to believe such re-writes were applied across the team), so one thinks she should not have done it (and if the story didn't require it, I expect it could not happen).

I also would not be surprised if that conditioning was reinforced after Elsa went rogue, which is why Dr. Belesario feels confident a repeat of her "error" will not occur.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 20:07

@Kiskaloo wrote:I expect Petra's feelings for Alessandro would prevent her from killing him if ordered to.
Maybe so, but if you stick to canon, itís a very distinct possibility.

Last edited by Danjo3 on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 20:17; edited 1 time in total

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 20:09

Only Claes got the rewite, which Jose protested against for Henrietta getting it. No other cyborg seemed to have been through this process, and I doubt any other hander would have allowed it for their girls to undergo it like Jose did. Raballo was too trusting of Jean of cyborg care and conditioning, until he realized his mistake towards the end. I very much doubt Elsa would have been 'retrofitted' with the conditioning upgrade since until then, since Lauro's words were, "Elsa has never failed me..."

...Famous Last Words!!!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 21:04

@ElfenMagix wrote:Only Claes got the rewite, which Jose protested against for Henrietta getting it.

Jose may have protested against it, but I doubt that would stop Jean. Wink

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 21:48

@Kiskaloo wrote:Jose may have protested against it, but I doubt that would stop Jean.
When it comes to Henrietta, Jose would be a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited by Danjo3 on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 23:08; edited 1 time in total

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 21:54

Thats is where I agree w/Danjo.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 21:55

@Danjo3 wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:Jose may have protested against it, but I doubt that would stop Jean.
When it come to Henrietta, Jose would be a force to be reckoned with.

But he is also a realist. He knows the cyborgs are programmed to kill anything they perceive as a threat to their handler, but other handlers shouldn't be part of that protocol.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 22:16

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Danjo3 wrote:
When it come to Henrietta, Jose would be a force to be reckoned with.

But he is also a realist. He knows the cyborgs are programmed to kill anything they perceive as a threat to their handler, but other handlers shouldn't be part of that protocol.
Now here is a problem. In the case of Ernesto and Pia, according to this logic, the cyborgs would be powerless to defend their handlers and themselves because they are programmed to not shoot another handler/cyborg... even if that handler/cyborg went rogue because their programming would say- "Hey, I recognize them as a handler/cyborg!"

Even if they were told that they are no longer applies, this takes a second of precious time to override such program and creates a deadly hesitation.

Jose (as per the game) knows this, and would go fist to fist with his bro (like Bros would), to defend his little 'Etta.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 22:19

Before the discussion gets too involved with references to Pia, are the GSG games actually considered canon? I thought that they were just cheap giveaways to help market DVD boxes.

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 22:22

Well Ernesto and Pia are outside of the manga's continuity (and Chapter Six was written before the game's storyline).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 1:17

RF: They are canon to the Yu Aida Created GsG Universe, even though they are not in the Anime. They are on the Freebie DVD/CD, and on the Game itself, are on 3 spearate games- creating an extension of the universe that Manga/Anime does not explore. Just because they are not in the manga/anime does not mean that they are not part of the universe. GsG is more than just printed sheets or shows on a plastic disc put on a tv screen, but also an interactive simulation of their universe as well.

Kisk: How so? Cleas is not on the CDs, and Pia says in the game to Henrietta, "We have been friends since the beginning...", predating Claes by a very long time.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 12:47

@ElfenMagix wrote:Kisk: How so? Cleas is not on the CDs, and Pia says in the game to Henrietta, "We have been friends since the beginning...", predating Claes by a very long time.

Pia and Ernesto have never been seen in nor mentioned in the manga, so they are not part of the manga's continuity.

It's no different with Petra and Sandro, neither who are part of the anime's continuity (since the anime takes place before Volume 6 of the manga).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 17:51

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:Kisk: How so? Cleas is not on the CDs, and Pia says in the game to Henrietta, "We have been friends since the beginning...", predating Claes by a very long time.

Pia and Ernesto have never been seen in nor mentioned in the manga, so they are not part of the manga's continuity.

It's no different with Petra and Sandro, neither who are part of the anime's continuity (since the anime takes place before Volume 6 of the manga).
I meant Claes is not on the Game CDs.

But if one makes a time line of the Anime/Manga/Game Universes into a unified story, The 'Fratello on the Run" missions as on the Games CD happens before Claes' arrival.

It does not have to be in the Anime or Manga to be justified if it is part of Yu's GsG Universe. Sony (or whoever licensed the game from Yu) had to have had worked with him very closely to make the game as realistic as per the GsG Mantra as possible. Not way Jean, Jose, Hillshire or Marco would have been a rouge Fratello and ran away with their girls in Yu's creation, therefore Ernesto and Pia were created, and thus are part of the universe and any other canon character. This is the point I am trying to make. Whether anyone else wants to agree or disagree with it, it is on you all.

Mind you, there are 3 Game CDs for Gunslinger Girl, which solidifies Pia and Ernesto as canon characters. I cant wait for the day that they do appear on the Manga or on an OVA in the DVD. This would be a shocker to everyone here but me, because I'm expecting it... if it were to ever happen.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 18:44

"Canon" is such a nebulous thing (look at Star Trek for a glaring example) that I tend to confine discussions into specific media formats.

Yu wrote the screenplays for -Il Teatrino- which is why I tend to give them similar credence to the manga he draws. However, I don't believe he did much on the first anime other then slap his name on the production committee for a check and a cut of the royalties. As such, I personally do not believe he had a strong and active hand in the show which is why we see things like Elsa and Lauro's back-story, the raid on the mountain chalet and a strong implication of Angelica's death in Episode 13 that were not in the manga.

As for the video games, I don't know what - if any - hand he had in them since I don't have a list of the production committee's titles. I would not be surprised, however, if all he did here as well was just the minimum. I doubt the idea of Pia and Ernesto were his, so at best he might have named them, but even that might have been the work of the game designers, as well.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 20:45

In accepting your explainatin as an excellent one, I do know this of video game production, although my information maybe 25+ years out of date...

First Star Software created quite a few non-violent action games back in the 1980's, but there was also an educational dept. for educational games. The first was "My first Alphabet". This was immediately followed by Sesame Street Numbers and Letters and Sesame Street Colors and Shapes. There were a few others that included animals and people. First Star Software also did Spy VS. Spy- its only Violent Video Game in the collection of games. I was part of their Software development team for Commodore Systems (Vic 20 and C64). With the Sesame Street Series, I remember meeting up with Jim Henson and his crew with my crew and respected equals in the other systems we programmed for (and at the time, there were many!). Every aspect of the game was discussed, even colors, and character representation and positioning, versus systems limitations. OK, Jim Henson was a control freak when it came to his creation- but honestly, I do not blame him!

With the executives of Mad Magazine, nearly the same thing happen- meetings, demonstrations, deadlines more meetings, changes made, etc, until the program satified their requirements of it being a video game. Again, it is their characters we were giving live in a video game, and we had little control of them outside of what happened in the game! The copyright issue for both sets of game series was... sheesh! Only thing FSS was given was copyright of the game code and everything else went to them. The games sold well, but as far as payment, FFS got less than 50% of the profits, which was divided up into royalty payments to us developers. Henson Production and Mad Magazine Inc got the rest, respective of their games. Though it was good Karma points in doing these projects, the pay sucked, and we programmers/developers could not put our names down on the
box or the documentation, but they lie hidden in the code. Yay- US!

I do not see Yu sitting back and letting a bunch of caffine junkie geeks design a game based on his characters and not give input as to what or how things should be. Yes, ideas can be thrown at him, but he's the one who ultimately accepts or rejects them. I hope Yu had more input towards the developement of his games and characters, but things could be different now and rules and regs on copyrights in Japan are different than they are in the USA. I hope he was more of an active businessman for his product than some starving emo artist who just cries out "The World Does Not Understand Me!"

To my understanding, this is how I see things.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 10:16

I'm a little pressed for time presently so I'll weigh into the convoluted and confused melange that is canonicity in a later post. Suffice to say for the time being that while I'ma very big continuity nut and would like nothing better than all of the various versions of Gunslinger Girl to be threaded through each other and married together into a continuous and consistent setting, I highly doubt that the games were anything more than throwaway ventures and would suppose that fidelity wasn't their priority. They look pretty cheap from screenshots and videos...

In the meantime, then I'd like to ask a more practical question: Chiara and Silvia make an appearance in Chapter 60, as we know. For information's sake, do we see their handlers at all, or just the girls themselves?

Last edited by Robert Frazer on Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 10:50; edited 1 time in total

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 10:29

@Robert Frazer wrote:IChiara and Silvia make an appearance in Chapter 60, as we know. For information's sake, do we see their handlers at all, or just the girls themselves?

Just the girls, and only for two panels.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 12:11

Yu Aida = cocktease Angry

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 5:27

@Kiskaloo wrote:Looking through my collection of Gunslinger Girl images, I came across this wallpaper. The girl on the right kind of looks like Silvia, don't you agree?

wait... is there a full version of the poster above for me to see?

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 7:32

I know that the Agency is a little strapped for cash in the current storyline, but surely they don't need to starve their girls to make ends meet? Wink

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 9:31

@Robert Frazer wrote:

I know that the Agency is a little strapped for cash in the current storyline, but surely they don't need to starve their girls to make ends meet? Wink

Maybe Chiara and Silvia are Series 2 girls and that's the new logo for "Series 2 Division"? Evil

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 23:06

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Robert Frazer wrote:

Maybe Chiara and Silvia are Series 2 girls and that's the new logo for "Series 2 Division"? Evil

holy shit i didn't notice that, looks kind of spooky in a sence.... rather skeleton like...

yup probably the symbol for 2nd gens

but then it looks kind of like...

Henrietta: Triela! im finally going through poverty!!
Triela: You mean Puberty right?
Henrietta: ya that one!

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 1 May 2009 - 17:27

God, can you say anorexia? NO

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 1 May 2009 - 17:41

I do have some other pictures with a similar art style, however they use Henrietta's silhouette and have the Japanese characters under the title.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 1 May 2009 - 21:07; edited 2 times in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 1 May 2009 - 21:01

Maybe that anorexic silhouette means the poster is fake? Just saying.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sat 2 May 2009 - 0:11

@Nachtsider wrote:Maybe that anorexic silhouette means the poster is fake? Just saying.

but then that is the most obvious answer... definitley Henrietta going through puberty

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 12 May 2009 - 8:16

@MadHatChemist wrote:
It's a design decision. The narrative right back on Vol. One Page One
states that the first-generation cyborgs had to be young, because the
relatively underdeveloped prosthetics and conditioning procedures could
only effectively bed in and take hold on similarly undeveloped bodies
and immature minds. The increasing age of the second-generation girls
is also a sign of increasing technological sophistication, reducing
circumstantial limitations on where the devices can be deployed.
Ultimately, the Agency hopes that its techniques will be universally
and unconditionally applicable; usable by everyone, including adults.

i wouldn't say it's missing. Just that it hasn't come up yet. It would be a bit of a waste if Petrushka's just a plot device to tell other girls' stories.

@maverick375 wrote:

I think this opening for free thought will come back to bite the agency in the ass at some point. Maybe Sandro and Petra will skip town, who knows? A free thinking cyborg is a liability, particularly if their restrictive boundries can be pushed at over time like Petra is doing.

the only problem is that sandro has neither the fund nor the technology to maintain her.

@Kiskaloo wrote:I expect Petra's feelings for Alessandro would prevent her from killing him if ordered to.

that could be their tragic or the point to bring Petra in. well, we will see. Not all the points of earlier girls are clear yet.

Last edited by Tommygunner70 on Tue 12 May 2009 - 12:24; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Triple Post Merged)

Back to top Go down

Post by Richarddr1234 on Mon 8 Jun 2009 - 9:42

I hate to break it to you but this picture is not from gunslinger girls. Its from a hentai game, bittersweet fools. Yu Aida did the character design. I saw this very picture on a website that reviews h games.

@Kiskaloo wrote:Looking through my collection of Gunslinger Girl images, I came across this wallpaper. The girl on the right kind of looks like Silvia, don't you agree?

Richarddr1234

Male

Forum Posts : 12

Fan of : Rico

Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN on Mon 8 Jun 2009 - 10:21

@Richarddr1234 wrote:I hate to break it to you but this picture is not from gunslinger girls. Its from a hentai game, bittersweet fools. Yu Aida did the character design. I saw this very picture on a website that reviews h games.

What the heck are you doing on that kind of website?

MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Fan of : Triela

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 8 Jun 2009 - 10:21

I figured it was a fan mock-up (notice the girl in silhouette is not Henrietta), however that it is still a Yu Aida creation means she could have been the foundation for Chiara (Silvia is actually the long-haired one).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 8 Jun 2009 - 10:48

@MikhailN wrote:What the heck are you doing on that kind of website?

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 8 Jun 2009 - 11:09

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Tue 22 Mar 2011 - 12:27; edited 2 times in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 on Mon 8 Jun 2009 - 11:31

Well said. heehee cheers
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Forum Posts : 358

Fan of : Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters : Zaron + Josie +

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Richarddr1234 on Sun 4 Oct 2009 - 12:11

@MikhailN wrote:

What the heck are you doing on that kind of website?

I was just looking for other Yu Aida works. This game was what I found. (bit defensive, aren't I?)

Richarddr1234

Male

Forum Posts : 12

Fan of : Rico

Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 4 Oct 2009 - 13:24

"Humor. It is a difficult concept. It is not logical."

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Tue 22 Mar 2011 - 12:24; edited 1 time in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 on Mon 11 Jan 2010 - 19:29

Is it possible for Silvia to have survived the explosion?
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN on Mon 11 Jan 2010 - 19:31

@hydra282 wrote:Is it possible for Silvia to have survived the explosion?

Possible, but unlikely

MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Fan of : Triela

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 11 Jan 2010 - 19:38

No, because two cyborgs died which means Silvia had to, as well.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Secchan on Tue 12 Jan 2010 - 2:16

@Kiskaloo wrote:

No, because two cyborgs died which means Silvia had to, as well.

Man, I'm still sad about that...
Secchan

Female

Forum Posts : 125

Fan of : Yuri

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Tue 12 Jan 2010 - 2:26

Well,you can revive both of them in your fanfic.

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 on Tue 12 Jan 2010 - 2:42

@emperor wrote:Well,you can revive both of them in your fanfic.

The thought of reviving Beatrice made me smile On Cloud 9
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content