Nahmi - my fantasy novel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nahmi - my fantasy novel

Post by Guest on Mon 16 Feb 2009 - 1:46

Alt'Ariel (greetings).

My name is Nahmi--Princess Nahmi. I live in the Kingdom of Ty that is ruled by the Fairy-Quann (people with Fairy-wings).

This story is about the time around my 17th birthday when my father, King Trimid, set up for me to find a young man fit for the thorne. Well, its hard because I am a friend of the white-haired Ekkli class of people, the peasants. I even walk around bare-footed, which is really embaressing to some of those who know me as a Quann.

But I found Sike, also a bare-footed friend of the Ekkli, and a hunter. Its impossible to find Quann trained as archers, but there he is, breaking code by not wielding a sword. We quickly became friends when our nation is thrown into a war.

----------

I am Sonnia, queen of Laddos, a warlike Gargoyle-Quann. For centuries, our people have expertly forged weapons and war machines here in the freezing, northern mountains. The other nations believe that war has become obsolete, and since our weapons were not used well during the "Rebellion Against Wings", we have been punished. Now the Laddosians starve, stooping down into cannibalism. I lost my mother at the dinner table, but my daughter will not see the same fate!

We have trained hard and taken the nations of Tarsis and Hah'myan. Now my first army cuts through the tiny nation of Frett and straight towards the heart of Ty! In a war for survival, being a tyrant pays well.

--------

The dragons that once led the world of Meer'Et are extinct. The Lost Scrolls from the Divine Being are in the hands of Laddos. People living in the Time of Quann are paying the price. How can Nahmi, Sike, and the Ekkli teach the message of love and forgiveness when a dark war is upon them?

--------

The first two chapters are up at fictionpress.com. If you like, you can leave a review here:
http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2634497/1/Nahmi

Back to top Go down

Re: Nahmi - my fantasy novel

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 16 Feb 2009 - 2:03

I read them earlier. Very good!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10889

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Mon 16 Feb 2009 - 3:40

They are some kind of Elf?

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 16 Feb 2009 - 4:18

@emperor wrote:They are some kind of Elf?

LOL! No, no Elves. (I hate Elves. Yeah, go ahead an shoot me.) A Quann is a person in this fantasy world named Meer'Et of mine who is born with wings. They encompass the high ranking officers, knights, and royalty. They are at the top of society. There are different types of Quann, each of which rule a different nation that defines their own society.
There are the Fairy-Quann of Ty, (where my main characters come from) the Angelic-Quann from Frett, Dragonfly-Quann who rule Zephda, Butterfly-Quann over Tarsis, the Gargoyle-Quann over Laddos, Bat-Quann of Kon'Lay, and the Wasp-Quann of Hive.
Hah'myan is a republic that rules without Quann, gaining independence after the Rebellion Against Wings. Each nation is part of one of four seasonal continents. The Gargoyles and Bat-Quann are Nations of Winter. Hah'myan and Tarsis are Nations of Fall. Ty, Frett, and Zephda are Nations of Spring. Hive is a Nation of Summer.

Each society is ruled by its own unique Quann, but all are composed of the same type of subjects:
Below them are the Sheer who stand at tallest 3 feet. Males are mostly hairless (thus bald) and most are somewhat stocky from the hard work. They make up the aristrocrats, low-rank officers, shopowners, and businessmen.

The Myth'Hye are like regular persons, and are the middle-class paid workers who work for and take orders from the Sheer (who are their bosses).

The Ekkli are the humble peasants. They are distinct by their white hair, and are servants and slaves to the rest of society, as well as hunters and farmers. In Ty, they form their own small villages out of giant (two-storied) mushrooms that glow at night (so they don't have to buy or use firewood for light).

In the bottom of society are the Youth'ik, which is more of a general term for a prisioner, homeless person, and more frequently, an outcast. Quann who have their wings cut off become Youth'ik.

The Wasp-Quann of Hive are the only exception--their society is completely made up of Wasp-Quann. They are more like overgrown wasps than people, and live on a large island away from society.

Writing about ariel combat is amazingly difficult. You have to consider the manouvers each can do, how long they can fly, how (if) they can hover, their speed and altitude capabilities, etc.

Last edited by Colonel Marksman on Mon 16 Feb 2009 - 17:00; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Mon 16 Feb 2009 - 7:02

Mushroom village that glow at night?

Fantastic!! cheers

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Feb 2009 - 5:40

Update.

I haven't gotten a confirmed 'yes', but I got an interested letter. That means a literary agent liked what she saw in the overview, and asked for more of my writing material. If all goes well (and I don't think it will. The first five pages detail a battle scene, and she's a woman. Don't know how she'll take to that) she will ask for the full manuscript. If, somehow by a miracle of miracles, defying the odds of reality, she likes the whole story, she will publish it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 27 Feb 2009 - 11:20

Here is hoping!

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10889

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Fri 27 Feb 2009 - 11:26

Wow thats awesome

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Feb 2009 - 17:17

Wow. I just checked my e-mail and got another rejection letter. When I went back a few minutes ago, I found another one from another agent. All of my replies seem to be coming in exactly two weeks after I sent out the queries.

When it rains, it pours.

But I still have another 8 agencies to hear from, 3-4 said if they don't reply in 4 weeks, they're just not interested. I'll form a list of 10 more if this doesn't work out two weeks from today.

No word from the interested agent yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 27 Feb 2009 - 17:29

Don't give up the ship brudda.

You'll get there.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2558

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Fri 27 Feb 2009 - 17:55

Fight the power

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down