Cyborgs's Dead Handlers Club.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cyborgs's Dead Handlers Club.

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 21 Mar 2009 - 21:56

In doing the GsG-OC Wiki, I find that there are several cyborgs with dead handers. Claes was the first... but she's a canon character.

Now... how does your OC deal with the Dead Handler Situation?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5667

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Cyborgs's Dead Handlers Club.

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 21 Mar 2009 - 22:32

None of my cyborgs have lost their handlers, but I can think of how they might react. Aharon wouldn't really feel anything - Nadia is nothing more than his drill instructor. Meir would grieve, as Kathryn is very older sisterly towards him. Liesel might feel twinges of sadness, but nothing really devastating - Altheus is her teacher, friendly but never intimate.

In the final analysis, I think the real question is not so much how the cyborg deals with the loss, but what the cyborg's Agency will do to the cyborg once he/she has lost his/her handler.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 21 Mar 2009 - 22:32

Kara would be devastated, but she would go on.

She'd likely still be very usable, probably as a "normal" agent (like Giorgio, Nehad, et. al.) working under Ferro.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10880

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 22 Mar 2009 - 3:23

Little Britney would be so devastated that she would try to kill herself. However, in true Britney style, shed fuck it up and kill a few innocent bystanders instead. After that, shed go back to California and assume the role of sad little rich girl.

Of course, once the conditioning wore off, shes probably start to realize the being a multi-millionaire isnt such a bad life, and thus begin the healing process.

I'm sure shed do something really sweet, like start a Biff Steele scholarship fund at UCLA.

I dont hate him specifically, its the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 22 Mar 2009 - 5:48

@Nachtsider wrote:In the final analysis, I think the real question is not so much how the cyborg deals with the loss, but what the cyborg's Agency will do to the cyborg once he/she has lost his/her handler.
that would be the one, yeah... Gwen would wind up as a semi-comatose lab rat for the rest of her short life. The only solace one could draw from this is that it would offer Claes a short reprieve from her constant torture testing.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 22 Mar 2009 - 11:59

@LoC978 wrote:Gwen would wind up as a semi-comatose lab rat for the rest of her short life. The only solace one could draw from this is that it would offer Claes a short reprieve from her constant torture testing.
Ouch! Dude, that even makes Little Britney look like a Mary Sue. Cry

I dont hate him specifically, its the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 22 Mar 2009 - 20:09

Marisa is the only one of my cyborgs who has lost a handler. She turned to shoujo-ai. (Well, actually, she developed a mutually supportive emotional bond with another cyborg who was also having some serious problems, but the way I just put it sounds funnier.)

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 1 Jun 2009 - 14:23

I nearly forgot about this thread. Okay, I DID forget about this thread.

But as some of you may know, Nyromi has joined the dead handlers club.

How Alpha reacts? The kid is basically a mess, his emotions are all over the place as he feels anger, love, and sorrow all at once. If he should lose another who his close to him he just might crack or shut down completely.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2560

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 22:05

Damn... I started this thread a long time ago and never had a chance to put in Francesca...

Francesca is a BIG '?'.
Question is, how much conditioning did she received at the time of her handler's (Felix) death? When Dr. Frankenstien orginally built her, she did not need any conditioning medication for her advanced cybernetics or mental/emotional programming, but the other med techs started a conditioning drug regiment to get her to become loyal to Felix and the things she had to do for him. At the time, she did not needed the conditioning medication because she was already hell bent on revenge against the terrorists who bombed her parent's plane. But because of the drugs she took and a few certain things done to her to invoke a programmed emotional repsonse, she falls in love with her handler.

Anyways, at the time of Felix's death, Francesca was lost and presumed dead. She was found on the French side of the border of the woods from which she floated down a river fromthe Italian side. The French Med Techs took what they could of her advanced cybernetics and gave her public domain prosthetics. After years of living in foster homes (because she had no memory or ID when she was found- all they knew was that she spoke Italian and Spanish), she was released as "Jane Doe" when she hit Adult Age. She managed to travel from France to Italy, in an attempt to 'Find Home.' She remained homeless in the streets of Rome for another 5 or so years, and as such- the SWA never bothered looking for her since they closed her case years ago.

When Felix was killed, he was driving them back to base after initial contact with the enemy. He was shot from behind in the head and the car drove off a cliff after hitting the guard rail. Another 400m down the cliff was where it ends for Francesca as her broken cyborg body floats in the river at the bottom of the revine, floating into French side of the border where she was found. How she survives all this remains a complete unknown.

Fernando finds her, and brings her to the SWA. The rest is history.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Fri 5 Jun 2009 - 6:36

i think most of the rivers in the region flow west to east though,as the Alps angle downwards from there ,the Po flows east through Turin ,so it would be hard for her to end up on the French side of the border

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 5 Jun 2009 - 9:33

@Awinnell wrote:i think most of the rivers in the region flow west to east though,as the Alps angle downwards from there ,the Po flows east through Turin ,so it would be hard for her to end up on the French side of the border

The needs of the story trump physics. Razz

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10880

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 5 Jun 2009 - 9:49

@Awinnell wrote:i think most of the rivers in the region flow west to east though,as the Alps angle downwards from there ,the Po flows east through Turin ,so it would be hard for her to end up on the French side of the border

Well you know how the French like to 'claim' everything so they sould've crossed over the border on "patrol" and found her broken body.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2560

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 5 Jun 2009 - 19:49

The French found her. They took her and stole her technology for their program, giving her public domain prosthetics...

The French would not cared if they crossed borders or not. In some areas, the borders runs north/south, and the northern part of Italy is like a brocolli head and not a mushroom cap. They would not have cared if on patrol they found a body and crossed borders to investigate it. When they returned to base, they would have simply wrote on their reports that they found the body on their side of the border.

Besides, even with the stolen technology, the French got nowhere with the technology, since they wrecked it when they removed it. Dr. Frankenstein's work, though a masterpiece in form, function and strength; is delicate to exposure and reverse engeineering.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Tue 9 Jun 2009 - 0:45

Hmm.. Dead handler's club...

Does shooting one's own handler and then blotching up a suicide count? But wait, she's canon...

Shucks. Have other's tho.

And we're going to see a particularly twisted variation on this in Echoes (decided t celebrate my return by getting off my ass and actually writing a chapter).

Who is that hot glasses wearing babe I wonder...
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 9 Jun 2009 - 19:07

Please do Sasahara... so I can put it on the GsG OCWiki!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 8:55

@ElfenMagix wrote:Please do Sasahara... so I can put it on the GsG OCWiki!
Sure thing. But anyway, for my other OCs (Rebecca and Megumi)...

Rebecca:
Would obviously be completely devastated her Sis-E was KIA. I think in her grief, she would blow herself up with all the grenades she has on her as a fitting 'funeral pyre' for Eda. This one is pretty cut and dry, except you probably don't want to be anywherenear her when she finds out Eda is dead. Lord help our fave bartender if she gets the news while visiting the Yellow Flag... Hell what happens if Eda dies in the Yellow Flag?

Megumi
: Think Sousuke on a very bad day, like in Hong Kong. Of course, since Megumi has two VIPs in her head, one of three things could happen.
If Kaname is still alive, she might recover and continue with her 'mission' with even more zeal than before. She'd have to go through her 'Goshujin-sama wouldn't die even if you killed him' phase tho'.
If Sousuke is the survivor, Megumi might actually find herself trying to keep her partner sane, considering he would be ten times worse off than she.
If they're both dead, Megumi would probably suffer complete and total shutdown...
...or at least until she inevitably finds out Sousuke barely survived (again) whatever tried to kill him, and Kaname is merely kidnapped and in the hands of Leonard. Then she'd be back to normal.

Seriously, do you think Megumi could actually suffer from a 'Dead Handler Problem' with the unstoppable Sagara Sousuke as her Goshujin-sama?

EDIT - Oh hell... What would happen to a cyborg who...
...thought their handler dead, the it is revealed he survived the bomb that would have killed anyone else,
...then he seemingly died again, then it is revealed he was just seriously injured and in fact was still alive,
...then his arm slave gets trashed in front of her by the bad guys but he crawls out still unwilling to give in...

Seriously, would she become totally immune to the shock of his repeated 'deaths' after the tenth or so time Sousuke seemingly bites it?

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Jun 2009 - 11:39

Frederick lost his. Devastated, caused him to 'trip the line' and went haywire and blood-lust for a second. Moreover it caused him to went into a period of depression actually...

good thing his handler disregards the conditioning process and relies more on work relation and the bond between a 'father and son'. He became quite independent since then and is more of a 'tag along' to other ops.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 10:32

Panzer IV wrote:good thing his handler disregards the conditioning process and relies more on work relation and the bond between a 'father and son'. He became quite independent since then and is more of a 'tag along' to other ops.
It is my sincere hope Claes will become like this someday (a full time tag-along, not the odd op). Not only will she become more useful... and have more screen time.

Damn, I sure hope those rumors aren't true and she isn't dead.

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum