Anime Babes Tournament Voting Thread

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime Babes Tournament Voting Thread

Post by LoC978 on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 17:03

just assume she's a bisexual nympho, like I do. It makes the world seem like a better place Wink

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 12:14

Given that Ai Yori Aoshi is a harem show, I strongly suspect that Tina is more the latter then the former. But I've seen very little of Ai Yori Aoshi and even less of Tina; she's one of the characters where I got help from people who had actually seen the show in developing her profile.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 14:55

Being a harem anime, AYA has its cliches and Tina fits into the role of the "foreigner" character type where certain aspects of her country are exaggerated upon through her character. In the case of the breast fondling, it has to do with showing physical intimacy. It is uncommon for public displays of affection to be seen amongst the Japanese due to how shy many of the people in the culture tend to be. Being an American, public affection's not so unnatural to Tina hence the breast fondling to show her affection for her female friends while having little grasp on the great deal of annoyance and embarassment that it gives them. Despite her fondling though, the gal's straight. There were a couple times in the series where Tina got annoyed when two of Chika's friends thought she was a lesbian.

Ggultra2764

Forum Posts : 590

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 22:25

Match one: Horo. Trickster exhibitionist wolf goddess FTW.

Match two: Mai.

0utf0xZer0

Forum Posts : 265

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 1:00

Horo wins her match 5-4 , and Mai wins hers 7-2. Horo and Mai will face off in the next round.

Match One (Theme Match: Tactical Geniuses):

Teenage whispered girl serving the secretive international organisation known as Mithril. Designer and commander of the world’s largest and most advanced submarine, the TDD-1 Tuatha De Danaan. Brilliant in both technical and strategic matters, but also a complete and utter klutz. Has a crush on Mithril Arm Slave pilot Sousuke Sagara, but can`t seem to get him to take notice no matter what she does. Here`s Full Metal Panic`s Teletha `Tessa`Testarossa.

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

Somewhat cynical space cadet. Thinks getting the funding to stage a rebellion by selling the broadcast rights for it is insane, but doesn’t want to abandon her fellow cadets when they decide to liberate their home planet that way. Doesn’t care much for high goals and ideals, but will do everything in her power to keep her comrades alive. Is a genius at outside the box battle strategies. Here’s Starship Operators Sinon Kouzuki.

This is pretty out of character, but what the hey...

Match Two:

High school girl who may be God but doesn’t know it. Claims to have no interest in ordinary humans, but wishes to meet aliens, time travellers, and espers. All of whom are attracted to her presence without her knowing it. Is hyperactive, highly intelligent, and a massive jerkass. Must be kept from becoming too bored, lest she subconsciously decide to recreate the world. Here’s The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya’s Haruhi Suzimaya.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7005/haruhi2p.jpg

Despite her reputation, this girl is very nice –she just happens to have a short fuse as well. Has a tendency to get dragged into trouble due to her status as one of the Whispered. Possesses an iron will, and is determined to beat some sense into the socially inept teenage mercenary Mithril has assigned to go undercover to protect her. Literally, if need be. Is not fond of mornings. Here’s Full Metal Panic’s Kaname Chidori.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/870/kaname5.jpg

Voting will end at 10:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Monday, April 6th.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 1:07

Sinon and Haruhi for me

smite them all haruhi

Spoiler:

tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Forum Posts : 1069

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 1:56

Wow, someone other then Kiskaloo and I voted for Sinon. Laughing Maybe Tessa won't completely wipe the floor with her. Maybe.

Match One: Sinon. Starship Operators is one of my favorite series, and it's largely because of her. Interestingly enough, despite the gender difference, I can relate to her a lot better then a lot of other anime leads.

Match Two: Kaname. Yes, I know she's portrayed as a caricatured bitch during the second and third seasons, but I loved her in the first season. (And the novels -despite this being an anime babes tournament, it's kind of hard for me to just seperate novel Kaname and first season anime Kaname...) When her character is properly handled, she seems like a real person.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 10:18

Match #1: Tessa (why wouldn't I vote for her this early? And besides, I've never seen Starship Operators.)

Match #2: Kaname (I can put up with her personality better than Haruhi's. Why vote for someone who
Spoiler:
could wipe out the universe if you get her pissed off enough?

Ggultra2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 12:01

Match 1: Tessa (definitely a cutie)
Match 2: Kaname (not a great choice, but I haven't seen Melancholy yet).

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 12:26

GrafSpee wrote:Match 1: Tessa (definitely a cutie)
Match 2: Kaname (not a great choice, but I haven't seen Melancholy yet).

I agree with you GrafSpee.

Haruhi is a bit too pushy/bossy with things. She really would need to change if she wanted to make any sort of relation ship to work IMO.
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 12:49

MATCH ONE: Vote for TESSA. My reasoning is fairly superficial here: "Testarossa" reminds me of Ferraris, and her bikini shot is quite affecting. Clumsy people also tend to get attached very easily and be very loyal and doting, because their attention's preoccupied with the struggle not to get tangled up in pratfalls constantly. I am gratified by the presence of someone who desperately wants to please me!

MATCH TWO: Vote for HARUHI. While I haven't watched Melancholy,Haruhi and her girlfriends/minions/victims enjoy a certain beguiling je ne sais quoi. Kaname is lank and bony, while the design of Haruhi and her chums has a softness and soothing warmth which ou can sink into.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 13:01

One vote Tessa, one vote Haruhi.

If there has to be a God or Goddess, I sure as hell do not want them to be like THAT.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 14:54

1: Tessa... and not just because I'm not terribly familiar with Sinon (yet)... pretty much the same reason she was in my first set of nominations.

2: Haruhi. This one's kind of a classic case of chaos versus order. Kaname has always (even in the novels) struck me as too uptight, too obsessed with appearances and what is considered 'proper'... whereas Haruhi rather puts me in mind of the Buckcherry song Crazy Bitch.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 15:09

Match 1 - All about Sinon. She's not just cute, but she's brilliant and she doesn't need voices from the future to be so like Tessa.

Match 2 - Chidori is the only character I like from Full Metal Panic, and she is pretty damn cute, but one cannot resist the sheer level of awesome that is Haruhi, so she gets my vote.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10900

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 20:13

Wait, what the hell? Did I just vote for Haruhi? I meant Kaname.

Someone's manipulating my posts, and I'm not talking about the other admins/mods. She's on to me! Guh?

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 20:37

Laughing It did seem a rather odd for you of all people to be voting for Haruhi... Laughing

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 22:50

@Ggultra2764 wrote:Match #1: Tessa (why wouldn't I vote for her this early? And besides, I've never seen Starship Operators.)

Match #2: Kaname (I can put up with her personality better than Haruhi's. Why vote for someone who
Spoiler:
could wipe out the universe if you get her pissed off enough?

Spoiler:
Because if you don't vote for her, she'll be pissed?

Voting for the FMP girls.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Mon 6 Apr 2009 - 0:46

Match 1 - Tessa.

Match 2 - Though I find Haruhi to be a crazy ass mofo, she's physically all kinds more attractive to me than Kaname. So I'm afraid I have to go with Haruhi.

P.S. Urd lost a babe contest? This world has lost it's meaning. You heretics! Razz

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 6 Apr 2009 - 16:53

@rusty-spring wrote:Urd lost a babe contest? This world has lost it's meaning. You heretics! Razz
I prefer to survive my sexual encounters... or if I must die, let the world die with me Wink

admittedly, I haven't seen so much as a single episode of either Ah! My Goddess or Spice and Wolf... but... in all of her pictures, Urd looks like one of those statuesque, 6-foot-plus amazonian goddesses. I won't knock 'em for artistic value, but that doesn't mean I wanna stick my dick in a statue. Horo looked a tad closer to the happy medium I prefer... and any woman in decent or better shape who shuns clothes most of the time is awesome in my book.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 6 Apr 2009 - 18:10

I'd gotten the impression Urd was tall myself, but according to her published stats she's only about 5'6. I suspect the discrepancy is because the series creator is Japanese and by Japanese standards, a woman who is 5'6 is quite tall.

Also, Urd doesn't tend to kill people who piss her off. She just tends to zap them with painful electrical bolts. Razz I think it's something she got from her mom. (Urd and her mother have more personality traits in common then Urd would probably like to admit, given how she's disowned the demon part of her heritage.)

One definite downside to Urd though... marrying her would get you the Mother in Law from Hell. Literally. Laughing

(And no, Urd is not technically married to anyone -but I still think that clip still illustrates the point quite well.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 7 Apr 2009 - 1:03

Tessa wins her match 8-3. while Kaname wins hers 6-5. Looks like next round will see the two FMP girls going head to head with each other.

Match One (Theme Match: Bounty Hunters):

Con artist and gambling addict who somehow managed to become part of the Bebop’s crew. Actually a pretty good bounty hunter, but prefers freeloading. Like the rest of the crew, she has pretty rotten luck when it comes to just about everything except surviving dangerous situations. Here’s Cowboy Bebop’s Faye Valentine.

Seemingly ditzy gunslinger. Can be surprisingly competent, given how carefree she generally appears to be. Is a crack shot with a .45, and has “If you have any last words, say them now” as her catch phrase. Might be bi. Here’s El Cazador de la Bruja’s Nadie.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9096/nadie.jpg

Match Two:

Cute but extremely strange high school girl. Jumped out of a tree onto the series lead and tried to treat him as a replacement for the pet chicken that had recently been killed by a racoon. She likes to give him seeds. Claims she won’t cry because her grandmother said she’d take her tears with her when she died. Also, her brother apparently has the hots for her. Here’s True Tears’ Noe.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1220/noe2.jpg

Several hundred year old being who can’t survive outside on clear days (no, she’s not a vampire, she doesn’t drink blood –she’s something called a yaka). Because of this, she likes pictures of the daytime sky. Can be a bit of a flirt. Has a thing for a weird flavour of tomato bean juice. Here’s Sola’s Matsuri Shihou.

http://i40.tinypic.com/ztsrr6.jpg

Voting will end at 10:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, April 9th.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Tue 7 Apr 2009 - 1:35

Match 1 - Nadie is pure awesome. El Cazador was highly enjoyable.

Match 2 - Don't know either well, but Noe looks a bit too "kiddish" for me. So Matsuri. Plus, gotta love Zettai Ryouki

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kougeru on Tue 7 Apr 2009 - 1:46

for match 1: nadie

match 2:this is a really tough one, matsuri and noe are pretty much tied as my favorite all time anime girls along with Kagura from Ga rei zero >.<

I guess my vote goes to Noe for her epic cuteness and personality. and her shoes

Matsuri is still epic awesome in all ways....but in the end I had to go for looks because it was too hard >.<

Last edited by Kougeru on Wed 8 Apr 2009 - 22:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot about match 1 lol)

Kougeru

Male

Forum Posts : 51

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela, Rico, Angelica, Petrushka

Original Characters : Kougeru

Comments : plz just call me Kou. contact me anyway u want, always willing to chat

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 7 Apr 2009 - 1:50

I personally though El Cazador de la Bruja was pretty mediocre myself, but I liked Nadie, and while Cowboy Bebop is a good series I haven't gotten particularly attached to the characters. So I'm voting for Nadie.

As for Noe and Matsuri... I've only seen a bit of Sola and practically none of True Tears. I think I'll vote Noe though. That's one crazy description she's got there (I wrote it based mainly on what I'd been told about the character, not first hand experience, but someone who had seen the series told me it's accurate.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Tue 7 Apr 2009 - 3:32

Didn't know you were into nutcast girls, Piero.Wink Although Noe is pretty cute.

Round one: Nadie.

Round two: Matsuri. Kneesocks, gorgeous black hair, and voiced by Noto Mamiko. Plus, she just oozes charm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc5OpOBZ-FM
(Try watching the first 4 and a bit minutes)
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 7 Apr 2009 - 3:35

Match one: Nadie. 'Cause... tacos. Also, Faye annoys me more often than not.

Match two: completely unfamiliar with either, but... Noe seriously looks like a child... it's especially bad in the main pic there, where she appears to be a pre-teen.
So... Matsuri. dems stockin's er hawt.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Tue 7 Apr 2009 - 4:19

While I'd be the first to admit that I imagine Noe being one of those Japanese girls who a lot of Americans would mistake for being like 15 at age 20, I do feel oblidged to point out that she looks far younger in Darth's sample pic then she does in the anime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baqvKN4d0jE

And of course, when it comes to True Tears youtube vids, this must ALWAYS be included:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le4sLKignEE

(I'm a Matsuri supporter but I want a fair fight)
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 7 Apr 2009 - 5:04

One vote Nadie, one vote Matsuri.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 7 Apr 2009 - 5:32

Match #1: Faye (gotta vote on the infamous Cowboy Bebop babe)

Match #2: Matsuri (Noe looks too loli. Matsuri looked pretty hot in a mizugi in the first DVD special of Sola.)

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 7 Apr 2009 - 11:01

Match 1: I, too, have to give a vote for Faye. She wasn't the most likeable character in Bebop, but she was ok at the end.

Abstain in Match 2.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 7 Apr 2009 - 11:21

Match 1 - I mean on a pure "babe" angle, it's pretty hard to not vote Valentine, but while I have never seen El Cazador de la Bruja, I like what I see in Nadie so she gets my vote.

I have also never seen True Tears’ and I do like what I see in Noe. However, Matsuri really impressed me in sola so she gets my vote.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 8 Apr 2009 - 1:48

I should have posted this clip for Nadie earlier. It's short and good for a few laughs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O2nPSddhJg&feature=related

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 8 Apr 2009 - 1:50

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Wed 8 Apr 2009 - 18:25

Match One: NADIE. Faye is undoubtedly alluring and tantalising and certainly the more attractive of the two, but she's always struck me as a "look, but don't touch" character who not only frustrates in that regard but also strings people along until their wallets are empty, which is more than a little disaffecting.

Match Two: MATSURI. I utterly despise vampires, but the fact that she is rather a "yuka" who doesn't make biting part of its raison d'etre allows me to tolerate her.

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 5:25

Well, the only anime I've seen out of all of those is Cowboy Bebop. So, to be fair to all the girls, I'll be choosing based on looks alone. Razz

Match One: I'm going with Nadie here. While Faye has a pretty hot body, IMHO I think that Nadie is better proportioned. Also, for some reason, she reminds me of Asuka from NGE (I've read a couple H-manga for NGE and as a result I like her a lot more now Very Happy ). Plus, a chick in cowboy boots never hurts.

Match Two: Matsuri for me here. Her being a vampire (or yuka, since she doesn't drink blood) doesn't really bother me or attract. I have no emotional attachment for vampires, but they do intrigue my curiosity, being immortal and all. But what mainly made me choose her is that her design gives me an Ef/Da Capo feel, and I absolutely loved Ef. And, as mentioned before, her stockings are pretty "hawt".

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 11:33

Matsuri's character design having an EF/Da Capo vibe to it shouldn't be that surprising, as Sola shares a character designer with both of those franchises: a woman who goes by the pen name of Nanao Naru (although I believe EF may have used a separate characters designer for its male characters).

*Is also an EF fanboy*
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 12:47

Ah, I didn't know that 0utf0xZer0, although that makes a lot of sense.

Anyways, on to a more serious matter...
I just read through the entire nominations thread, and I could not believe my eyes. Tohsaka was nominated but did NOT make it to the tournament?!!! I can not fathom how this is possible. Puzzled bang head NO
It's unfortunate that I did not join early enough for the nominations, otherwise I would have seconded her in a heartbeat. And I probably would have nominated Rider for good measure (she is one smoking hot Servant).

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 1:03

Nadie wins her match 9-2, while Matsuri wins hers 8-2.
Match One:

Eldest of the Minami sisters. Due to absent parents she is responsible for taking care of her two younger siblings, an energetic, batshit insane middle school student and a deadpan loli. Generally a very nice person, but woe be to the targets of her wrath on the rare occasion that she gets mad. Here’s Minami-ke’s Haruka Minami.

Member of the Bokuto Prefecture Traffic division. Despite having many Yamato Nadeshiko characteristics, she is also an avid mechanic, having extensively modified her Honda Today mini patrol car in addition to several of the Traffic Division’s other vehicles. Is apparently terrified of reptiles. Here’s You’re Under Arrest’s Miyuki Kobayakawa.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8352/miyuki4.jpg

Match Two:

Mysterious transfer student. It seems her brother works at the local air base that is believed to be responsible for UFO sightings, but in reality she’s the one who is supposed to protect the world by piloting a man made UFO. Has several occupation related health problems, including a propensity towards nosebleeds. Can be a bit blunt at times, as evidenced by the fact that she has no problem telling a guy to take of his pants if she believes that he’s been bugged. Here’s Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu’s Iriya Kana.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7527/iriya2.jpg

Hot twenty-something university student and temporary replacement teacher. Likes to get drunk, sing karaoke, and generally ham things up, especially in her role as a HiME, where she is the only one who acts like a stereotypical magical girl. Despite this, she can get quite serious when the situation calls for it. Has a crush on one of her former professors, who is apparently Indiana Jones. Here's Mai-HiME's Midori Sugiura.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9742/midori4.jpg

Midori starring in one of Mai-HiME's little parodies of more typical magical girl shows... while drunk.

Voting will end at 10:00PM Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, April 11.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 1:45

Match 1 - Haruka. She's awesome when she's mad. Razz

Match 2 - Midori. Hot redhead? Sold.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 1:50

Haruka and midori i guess

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface on Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 2:13

I vote for

Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 879

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 6:20

Match #1: Haruka (An ideal woman you would want as your wife, so long as you don't piss her off. Laughing )

Match #2: Midori (Fun seeing this twenty-something teacher think she's still a teen and mahou shoujo.)

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 7:29

I Vote Kobayakawa Miyuki
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 9:46

I vote for Miyuki (Match 1) and Midori (Match 2).

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 12:34

Match 1 is tough. I admire Haruka very much, but as a racing and driving fan how can I not go with the amazing Miyuki Kobayakawa? So I won't. Smile

As for Match #2, Iriya Kana just can't match Midori Sugiura on the hotness factor, so it's the red-head.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 22:39

Match one: was totally unfamiliar with both, so I looked up some more fanservice-y pics of Miyuki to make it fair. I like what I saw better than those of Haruka, so.. one for Miyuki.

Match two: I'll take the healthy redhead, thanks. Frequent nosebleeds aren't like, a big problem, buut... one for Midori.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 23:05

@LoC978 wrote:Match one: was totally unfamiliar with both, so I looked up some more fanservice-y pics of Miyuki to make it fair. I like what I saw better than those of Haruka, so.. one for Miyuki.

You do realise the yuri overtones is mostly confined to YUA promotional art and not the series itself, right? Razz

Match One: Going to vote Haruka, though that's based mainly on that one picture of her.

Match Two: Definitely Midori. Really hot and highly amusing to boot.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sat 11 Apr 2009 - 1:51

Match 1: Kobayakawa Miyuki because she's drawn by Fujishima Kousuke.
Match 2: Iriya Kana because I prefer tragedies.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sat 11 Apr 2009 - 20:02

Round 1: Miyuki. Haruka is nice, but the gearhead angle gives Miyuki the edge.

Round 2: Iriya. I think she's gorgeous.

Also, while this probably doesn't show the best of her appeal, I think her Sagara like moments can be pretty amusing (watch from about 3:40 to 5:00):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAVf0_MK8Gw
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2009 - 6:28

Wow, I don't know any of these girls this time. Time to pick based completely on the pics again.

Match One: Haruka

Match Two: Midori

(I just realized this tournament is a great way to find new anime to watch, lol.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 12 Apr 2009 - 13:23

Sorry about the delay with getting the new matches up guys, I was out last night and really tired by the time I got home. To compensate for the delay, I'll be extending the deadline for this match by twelve hours. The next match after this one will end up being shorter as a result, but the Monday-Thursday matches are longer then the other matches of the week to begin with, so it can take it.

Also, Desmothenes, I'm sorry, but your votes came in after the deadline, so I'm afraid I have to disqualify them. (And they were the same as mine... such a pity...)

Anyway, Miyuki wins her match 6-5, while Midori wins hers 7-2.

Match One:

One of the most popular girls at her school due to her good looks and outgoing personality. Is actually a data entity sent to act as a back up in observing Haruhi
however. Her frustration at the lack of new developments from her subject eventually leads her to develop slasher tendencies. Here’s the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya’s Ryoko Asakura.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6448/ryoko2.jpg

Immigration Control Officer in a ‘utopian’ future city. More adventurous then most of her fellow citizens are, and has a very low tolerance for both bullshit and bureaucracy. Quite proficient with her favoured weapon, a sawed off pump action shotgun that she often holds one handed. Oh yeah, and she wears a lot of eye shadow. Here’s Ergo Proxy’s Re-l Mayer.

Match Two:

Ditzy shinigami who travels around on a large oar and guides souls to the afterlife. Later ends up helping a delinquent turned spiritual investigator in his quest to defend the world from a demon invasion. Is quite adept at using her oar (or alternatively a metal baseball bat) against her foes, whether they be demons or perverts. Here’s Yu Yu Hakusho’s Botan.

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

Wealthy half-English, half-Japanese girl who uses her ‘princess’ image at school to hide her feelings of loneliness and insecurity. Has a crush on a notorious delinquent based on the sincerity of a confession he made to her, but doesn’t realise he had accidentally confessed to the wrong girl. Can do a mean Shining Wizard. Here’s School Rumble’s Eri Sawachika.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2695/eri2f.jpg

Matches will end at 10:00AM Pacific Standard Time on Tuesday, Aprial 14.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sun 12 Apr 2009 - 13:35

Having nominated Ryoko, I must vote for her. As for match two, my vote goes to Eri.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 12 Apr 2009 - 14:14

Important announcement:

It has been coming to my attention as of late that with 44 characters in this tournament, I'll soon run into a round with eleven characters involved. As this would be a pain for me to deal with, I'm going to try to up the number of characters to 48, which will hopefully be easier to deal with despite the fact that it will eventually break down to a three. Anyhow, I'm looking for four characters and four characters only to face off in a final, additional pair of matches at the end of this round. If you wish to nominate a character for this, proceed to the nominations thread and do so quickly -you have about 72 hours. Do not post your nominations here, this is not the appropriate thread.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 12 Apr 2009 - 15:58

Match one: gonna hafta go with Re'l (also, gonna start putting votes in bold again). I mean, I nominated her and all. Also, her attitude is sexy... not that she'd tolerate me for very long.
...and Ryoko just reminds me of all those girls in high school whom I considered to be a waste of a great body... sweat

Match two: this one's actually pretty tough... Eri is givin' me the same vibe as Ryoko, only more emo... and Botan never seems to shed that damn robe (even after a google image search)...
abstain

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2009 - 16:16

@Piero wrote:Also, Desmothenes, I'm sorry, but your votes came in after the deadline, so I'm afraid I have to disqualify them. (And they were the same as mine... such a pity...)
Ah, yeah, that really is quite a shame. I probably should pay more attention to the deadlines.

Match One: I'm gonna have to agree with Loc on this one and also go with Re'l. Ryoko just creeps me out, especially when she revealed her psychopathic tendencies. It reminds me WAY too much of Kotonoha from School Days o.O

Match Two: For this one I'm going to pick Eri. I haven't watched the anime for Yu Yu Hakusho, but I have read almost all of the manga, and I really didn't like Botan's personality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 12 Apr 2009 - 16:48

Match One - Ryoko Asakura. Her PVC figures are, hands-down, the best looking of all the Haruhi girls. And I have no idea who the other person is. Razz

Match Two - Botan. In the show she does drop the robe for something more attractive, LoC978. Wink

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 12 Apr 2009 - 17:03

Match One: Abstain. Honestly, Ryoko looks a lot more appealing then Re-l, but with that whole slasher thing...

Match Two: Definitely Eri. She's one of my favorite characters in School Rumble. I have a thing for tsunderes, I guess. Laughing

Also, she's not really particularly emo. School Rumble isn't really a very emo kind of show. It's more the kind that thrives on its own insanity. Smile

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 12 Apr 2009 - 17:49

Match #1: Ryoko (Re-l looks like she overdid it with the makeup. Razz )

Match #2: Eri (She's a beauty by the looks of it. I never could get attached to Botan on Yu Yu Hakusho since Yusuke and the guys got all the attention.)

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sun 12 Apr 2009 - 20:05

Match 1 - Re-l from Ergo Proxy. Strong, confident (and somewhat bossy Razz) women really appeal to the challenger in me. True, the eye liner may be a bit much, but honestly that's one of the charms of the character.

Match 2 - Eri.

P.S. - Sorry about not being able to give you any feedback on Re-l Piero. Easter weekend has had me busy with family and whatnot.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content