Anime Babes Tournament Voting Thread

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime Babes Tournament Voting Thread

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 27 Mar 2009 - 10:00

I'm voting for Natsuki and Eclair. Natsuki because it was fun seeing her lose her serious composure in funny situations and Eclair because Mikuru is more moe than attractive.

Ggultra2764

Forum Posts : 590

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 27 Mar 2009 - 12:47

@Ggultra2764 wrote:Natsuki because it was fun seeing her lose her serious composure in funny situations...

I'd love to post a video of one of Natsuki's more embarassing moments, but
all the good ones are are over two minutes long, which would be pushing it a bit considering that any character vids used in this tournament are supposed to be short... sweat

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 27 Mar 2009 - 13:43

I gotta vote for Natsuki. Match 2 is a bit harder to decide, but I think I'm voting for Mikuru.

Probit Return
That One Guy

Forum Posts : 653

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 2:03

Actually, you know what, if Whatface is going to post a videa for Mikuru, I'm going to post one for Natsuki. Besides, you can't truly known Natsuki until you've seen her with a look of mortified embarassment on her face. Smile

So, at the risk of being mauled and then blown to kingdom come by a five hundred pound mecha-wolfie, here's one of Natsuki's more notable embarassments. Not her best one (that probably goes to her hitchhiking debacle), but it seems to be the one that's (in)famous enough to have everyone posting it on You Tube. (Warning: Contains somewhat risque content.)

Edit: Basically the entirety of the clip I posted is contained in the clips compilation in LOC's post on the next page. So if you plan to watch that, you probably don't need to bother with mine.

Last edited by Piero on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 13:17; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 2:15

@Piero wrote:Actually, you know what, if Whatface is going to post a videa for Mikuru, I'm going to post one for Natsuki. Besides, you can't truly known Natsuki until you've seen her with a look of mortified embarassment on her face. Smile

So, at the risk of being mauled and then blown to kingdom come by a five hundred pound mecha-wolfie, here's one of Natsuki's more notable embarassments. Not her best one (that probably goes to her hitchhiking debacle), but it seems to be the one that's (in)famous enough to have everyone posting it on You Tube. (Warning: Contains somewhat risque content.)
all of the above:

Last edited by LoC978 on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 5:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed to a higher quality vid.)

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 3:02

Laughing I take it we're abandoning any pretext of these clips being 'short'?

Last edited by Piero on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 11:49; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 10:38

I'd just like to note that Rin Ogata doesn't have any embarrassing clips, because she's too cool and too talented. So vote for her. Good

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10889

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 11:14

Match one: Kuga Natsuki. Sure, Ogata Rin is awesome in her own right with Fuego but Natsuki has already won a place on my list because she's badass awesome and owns all with Duran. Though a berserk Mai could put her into a coma XP Provided that she doesn't die from Kagutsuchi's attacks.

Match two: Asahina Mikuru. Only because I don't know the other XP

Oh and how many times do I have to say this. I DON'T HAVE A COMBAT MAID, WHATFACE!!!!!!!! Though if I did, I'd rather she be Izayoi Sakuya XP I mean, come on. Who wouldn't want a time manipulating, knives-wielding, french-style maid serving two loli vampires and a loli bookworm who live in a giant mansion in Gensokyo and has command over all the staff in said mansion? She's just too awesome. Srsly.

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 15:36

Match one: Rin Ogata. Both girls are super-awesome, but Natsuki is a bit too rough around the edges for my taste.

Match two: Asahina Mikuru, because I've watched a bit of Kiddy Grade and can't remember much about Eclair... which isn't a good sign.

0utf0xZer0

Forum Posts : 265

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 1:02

Natsuki Kuga beats Rin Ogata 6-4, and Eclair beats Mikuru Asahina 6-5. Natsuki and Mikuru will face off in the next round.

Match One:

Soft spoken and seemingly slow girl who is actually highly intelligent. Has a very nice
figure and a love of books. Also has knock out violin playing skills. Literally knock out violin playing skills. (“Her hobby is reading. Her weapon is the violin.”) Here’s Clannad’s Kotomi Ichinose.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8666/kotomid.jpg

Busty teenage succubus. Unfortunately her anime version lacks much of the kindness and nobility of its manga counterpart. On the plus side though, her tendency to react to perceived perversion in a manner completely different from that of most anime girls is hilarious. (After slapping the series lead for seeing her underwear “…if you want to see it, then just tell me.”) Here’s Rosario + Vampire’s Kurumu Konno.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3087/kurumu1.jpg

Match Two:

She’s supposedly a nun, but packs a longslide Glock and dresses quite provocatively when off duty. But then, the church she works for seems to be a front for a gun
smuggling operation, so maybe that shouldn’t be so surprising. Implied to have been (and probably still be) a CIA agent. Here’s Black Lagoon’s “Sister” Eda.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3712/eda3.jpg

Bubbly teen idol who admires Kira/Light’s campaign to kill criminals with the Death Note (her parents were murdered) and proclaims herself to be his girlfriend. Later gets a hold of the Death Note herself and uses it liberally. Here’s Death Note’s Misa Amane.

What's with the strawberries in these pictures?

Voting will end at 10:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Monday, March 28.

Last edited by Piero on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 1:12; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing the secondary image links to make them more direct.)

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 1:07

Well Kotomi is my favorite character from CLANNAD and Kurumu is my favorite character from Rosario+Vampire. Since I like R+V much more then CLANNAD, I am voting for the bigger pair of titties - Kurumu!

I am only four episodes in to Black Lagoon and never seen Death Note, but Misa looks far cuter so she gets my vote.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 1:29

i vote kotomi for match one and Eda for match two

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 7:56

Darn it,stupid school project makes me busy and i couldn't vote for Rin bang head

Oh well;I'll go with kotomi in match one and misa in match two.

"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."Alden Nowlan
"Happy is the one who's able to laugh at himself:he's sure to be entertained for a long time"

Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 10:19

Go with Kurumu for Match #1 and Misa for Match #2.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 13:14

Kurumu and Eda

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 14:12

more than a handful's a waste... but I'm voting Eda anyway. Misa's just too annoying.

oh, and I'm abstaining from match one.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 14:20

Match One: Abstain.

Match Two: Misa looks really cute, but I keep hearing that she's annoying. And Eda is pretty awesome, so I guess my vote goes to her.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 14:52

I gotta vote for Kurumu and Eda.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 16:52

As further support for Kurumu, I need to post this vid - because it cracks me up. Song matches the character pretty well too. NSFW, so I wouldn't watch it if you're at the office. Razz

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 20:53

o frickin wow rusty just wow

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 22:59

*watches kurumu video*

wow...that's hot. j/k j/k XD

Tough call for the first one. I'll give Kurumu the edge since she's my favorite from Rosario.

As for the 2nd one, Eda is badass so my vote goes for her.

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
"You treacherous bitch!" -rustyspring (After I pwned him)
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 0:57

Match 1: Kotomi. Gorgeous, an eccentric genius, and voiced by Noto Mamiko.

I really wish someone had uploaded the scene from episode 1 of Clannad: After Story where she tries to predict the most likely trajectory of the baseball she's supposed to hit to Youtube.

Match 2: Eda. I'm not much into badasses, but when the competition is Misa...

Edit: Piero, about that Eda pic... you really should have corrected the aspect ratio in Photoshop. Remember, the captures you get from MPC are BEFORE aspect ratio correction.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 1:01

Kurumu wins her match 5-3 and Eda wins her's 7-3.

Match One:

Cute dog-girl healer. Her medicines are a something of an acquired taste though. Here's Utaruwarumono's Eruruu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNdlTJis_wA

Naru's older best friend. Likes to drink alcohol in large quantities and con her dormitory manager out of his money. Nicknamed 'Kitsune' because of her name and fox-like appearance. Here's Love Hina's Mitsune Konno.

http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kitsune4.jpg

Match Two:

Theme match: army girls voiced by Michiko Neya in series whose titles include some variation of the words 'Full Metal.' (Actually, it was just 'army girls,' more or less, but I find all the coincidences involved in this one amusing.)

Roy Mustang’s trusted aide. Very professional and businesslike, she does her best to keep her commanding officer in check. A talented sharpshooter, she has attempted to use strategically placed gunshots to teach the puppy she adopted not to go to
the bathroom in Roy’s office. Here’s Full Metal Alchemist’s Riza Hawkeye.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7076/riza2.jpg

This ex-Marine turned Mithril operator began her military career when she ran away from home to escape an arranged marriage. A skilled soldier and Arm Slave pilot, she’s known for drinking, smoking, and swearing all to excess, as well as beating up her handsome lech subordinate Kurz when he tries to hit on her. Here's Full Metal Panic's Sergeant Major Melissa Mao.

No comments on her shooting stance, please. Most Japanese animators have probably never shot a real firearm before.

Voting will end at 10:00pm on Thursday, April 2nd, 2009.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 1:33

Match one: gonna have to abstain. dog-girl looks a little too young, and fox-chick looks like she's wearing a bustle... even though she's not. seriously, her thighs don't fit her hips, it's creepy.

Match two: fuck. fuuuck. Even though, if they were real women, I'd be more physically attracted to Riza... she's almost never out of that damned coat, she's got no sense of humor, and she has an apparently libido-less obsession with her superior officer.
Melissa would be fun, if painful, I suppose. One for SGM Mao.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 6:28

Going with Mitsune and Mao. Mitsune because she's one of the attractive Hina gals and Mao because she's a tease and often likes to torment Tessa. Laughing

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 7:24

Vote for Riza! She's awesome! =D

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 9:48

I think I am going to abstain on Match 1, as well. Don't know anything about Eruruu and I'm not a big fan of Mitsune.

As for Match 2, it is all about Riza. She's cooler and she's more professional. If she was my CO, I'd follow her to Hell. And if she was my adjutant, I'd be confident enough of winning to invade Hell. I'd share a drink with Mao in the NCO Club, but that's about it.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 9:48; edited 1 time in total

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 9:48

Match 1 - Kitsune

@LoC978 wrote:Match two: fuck. fuuuck.
I have to agree with LoC. Touch decision. Ultimately, I'm going to have to go with Mao, cause she's got more spunk to the character.

Match 2 - Mao

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 10:05

I abstain on match one (...don't know anything about either of them...). For match two, I have to go with Sergeant Major Mao.

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowDream on Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 18:50

Match one: Eruru, not for hotness but because she would be a comedy generator to have around.

Match two... I must say I will abstain, for I know neither of the two.
SnowDream

Male

Forum Posts : 67

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 19:00

Kitsune und Mao

tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 23:48

Round One: Kitsune

Round Two: Mao. She's awesome and she's pretty funny too. And she pilots a nine and a half ton walking death machine. Laughing (I'm not normally a huge mecha fan, but FMP's Arm Slaves are freaking awesome.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Wed 1 Apr 2009 - 13:50

Match one: Eruruu. Loads of charm and I love the ears and tail.

(Looking at my votes so far, I think I tend to go for "cute" over "hot".)

Match two: Abstain. Risa has the same sort of "uptight is attractive" thing going for her that hot librarian characters do, but I just do not know enough about her.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Wed 1 Apr 2009 - 14:33

I'm surprised that not many of you have seen FullMetal Alchemist! You should really see it! One of the best anime I've ever seen!

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 1 Apr 2009 - 14:37

@Triela wrote:I'm surprised that not many of you have seen FullMetal Alchemist! You should really see it! One of the best anime I've ever seen!
just don't watch the movie... continuity died with it.

...though I do have a pocketwatch like Ed's (functional, though designed for cosplay) that I use when I wear a suit...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 1 Apr 2009 - 20:25

@Triela wrote:I'm surprised that not many of you have seen FullMetal Alchemist! You should really see it! One of the best anime I've ever seen!

Like many other anime series, it is on the list to be seen (I have 13 DVDs of it that I hope to get to before the end of the year). Too many series, too little time....

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Wed 1 Apr 2009 - 22:21

I've been meaning to get around to watching FMA for a while since I like what I've seen of it (a few episodes at cons and such), but I decided to wait for the remake (which starts airing in Japan on Sunday).
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 0:34

Awww...not many are voting for Riza. Ah well...I'll still support her because she's awesome. =)

I'll also put a vote in for Eruru.

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
"You treacherous bitch!" -rustyspring (After I pwned him)
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 0:55

don't get me wrong, I'd rather serve under Riza than Mao... but this is a babes tournament, and Riza's a cold fish...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 1:02

Match one: Eruruu because I'm a sucker for animal ears/tails.

Match two: Riza 'cause she's awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 1:01

Kitsune and Eruruu tie 4-4, match goes to Kitsune based on results of random coin flipping program. Mao beats Riza 6-4. Kitsune and Mao will face off in the next round.

Anyhow, here are the new matches! Now with 200% more fanservice! Laughing

Match One:

I suppose this could best be described as a Goddesses Theme Match. Although whether these two fit that definition exactly is a little open to debate...

Have divine. Half demonic. All trouble. A complex and multi-faceted character, the eldest of the three Norns is both a wise, caring elder (half) sister and a self-styled love goddess who is irritable, impulsive, meddlesome, easily bored, and in possession of a mischievious streak about a mile wide. Oh yeah, and she’s really, really hot. Here’s Ah! My Goddess’ Urd.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8147/urd2.jpg

Pagan wolf diety who is trying to return to her homeland after spending many years trapped in the grain grown by a village that worshipped her. Apparently has little sense of modesty, though she's smart enough to dress up when entering human settlements. Likes to discuss economics. Here's Spice and Wolf's Horo the Wise.

Match Two:

An American Girl who has lived most of her life in Japan. Because of this, her in English is terrible, leading to some comical situations when she runs into people who
expect her to be able to speak it well. She likes to drink heavily and has a bad habit of liking to feel up other girls' chests. Here’s Ai Yori Aoshi’s Tina Foster.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8025/ayatina.jpg

A high school girl attending a prestigious academy on scholarship along with her very sickly younger brother. Is generally kind and caring, but also has mild tsundere tendencies. Due to her responsibilities, she tries to act more mature then she really is, and often pretends to be cheerful even when near her breaking point. Can summon a very cool dragon/phoenix cross with flaming wings, but given what she’s already dealing with she’d probably be happier without the complications having powers brings. Here’s Mai-HiME’s Mai Tokiha.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2545/mai3.jpg

Voting will end at 10:00pm on Saturday, April 4th.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 1:24

Match One: ...well, as divine beings go, it's better to have a calm discussion about economics than a screaming match where the original context gets lost in a (probably literal) whirlwind of irritation. Also, no modesty is a plus in my book... and the name:
"My dad wants a hores but my mom says no. When I am 16 or 20 I will buy my own hores."
one for Horo Laughing

Match Two: ignoring all other factors, and their bodies being very similar... redhead over blonde... I also like to think of Mai as a budding bisexual nympho, but I always apply that to any anime woman who has any sort of regular, blatant breast contact with other women. I suppose it's all just part of being a straight male nympho.
also, this.
one for Mai.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 2:15

Match 1 - Urd, no contest. EVER.

Match 2 - No preference either way, so Tina. Flip of the coin mostly.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 2:30

Sigh... two of my top favorite characters in this round... and even if they both make it through round one, one of them won't make it through round two because of it...

Anyway,

Round One: Urd. I find her to be one of the hottest anime characters even, besides which she's remarkably complex. When a single character can make you a huge fan of a series you otherwise weren't overly big on, even if it's only for a short time, it says something about that character.

Round Two: Mai. I'm a big fan of Mai-HiME, and that series owes A LOT to her (and to Natsuki as well, but she's in a different round Razz). She has a lot of traits I admire, but with enough flaws and complexity to make her believable. Plus I think she's cute, even if she's perhaps a bit overly well endowed in the chest region. Laughing

A little Mai AMV that I happen to like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdzfR19hk7M&feature=related

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 5:30

Match one: Horo. Though I haven't seen Spice & Wolf yet, like I said before, I have a thing for animal ears and tails >.>

Match two: Mai hands down. Like Natsuki, she's awesome XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 7:09

Match one: URD ! half goddess, half demon,sounds like most women !

Match two: Mai ,anyone who can summon up a fire breathing metalic beast capable of reaching orbit gets my vote !

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 9:59

Match #1: Urd (Horo's a beauty, but Urd's much more attractive)

Match #2: Tina (The breast fondling nuisance has a good amount of sex appeal.)

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 11:06

Match #1 - Horo

Match #2 - Mai

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 16:51

1. horo
2. mai

tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 16:55

Before I make a decision, I need a little more information - is Tina Foster actually a dyke, or does she just have a poor grasp of the concept of personal space? The principle of being able to partake in a character's womanly qualities does influence my position - the human form is a reflection of divinity and so artistry commended to and pondering that deepest and most engrossing of philosophical mysteries, and the female body itself is a landscape of desire. Unlike a painting in a gallery with a set relationship to its environment, however, a body is a fluid, active thing, continually altering its context. It is a radical expression and a whole different paradigm of art which consequently demands a different approach to fully appreciate its new nuances.

Last edited by Robert Frazer on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 17:10; edited 2 times in total

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 17:03

just assume she's a bisexual nympho, like I do. It makes the world seem like a better place Wink

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 12:14

Given that Ai Yori Aoshi is a harem show, I strongly suspect that Tina is more the latter then the former. But I've seen very little of Ai Yori Aoshi and even less of Tina; she's one of the characters where I got help from people who had actually seen the show in developing her profile.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 14:55

Being a harem anime, AYA has its cliches and Tina fits into the role of the "foreigner" character type where certain aspects of her country are exaggerated upon through her character. In the case of the breast fondling, it has to do with showing physical intimacy. It is uncommon for public displays of affection to be seen amongst the Japanese due to how shy many of the people in the culture tend to be. Being an American, public affection's not so unnatural to Tina hence the breast fondling to show her affection for her female friends while having little grasp on the great deal of annoyance and embarassment that it gives them. Despite her fondling though, the gal's straight. There were a couple times in the series where Tina got annoyed when two of Chika's friends thought she was a lesbian.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 22:25

Match one: Horo. Trickster exhibitionist wolf goddess FTW.

Match two: Mai.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 1:00

Horo wins her match 5-4 , and Mai wins hers 7-2. Horo and Mai will face off in the next round.

Match One (Theme Match: Tactical Geniuses):

Teenage whispered girl serving the secretive international organisation known as Mithril. Designer and commander of the world’s largest and most advanced submarine, the TDD-1 Tuatha De Danaan. Brilliant in both technical and strategic matters, but also a complete and utter klutz. Has a crush on Mithril Arm Slave pilot Sousuke Sagara, but can`t seem to get him to take notice no matter what she does. Here`s Full Metal Panic`s Teletha `Tessa`Testarossa.

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

Somewhat cynical space cadet. Thinks getting the funding to stage a rebellion by selling the broadcast rights for it is insane, but doesn’t want to abandon her fellow cadets when they decide to liberate their home planet that way. Doesn’t care much for high goals and ideals, but will do everything in her power to keep her comrades alive. Is a genius at outside the box battle strategies. Here’s Starship Operators Sinon Kouzuki.

This is pretty out of character, but what the hey...

Match Two:

High school girl who may be God but doesn’t know it. Claims to have no interest in ordinary humans, but wishes to meet aliens, time travellers, and espers. All of whom are attracted to her presence without her knowing it. Is hyperactive, highly intelligent, and a massive jerkass. Must be kept from becoming too bored, lest she subconsciously decide to recreate the world. Here’s The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya’s Haruhi Suzimaya.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7005/haruhi2p.jpg

Despite her reputation, this girl is very nice –she just happens to have a short fuse as well. Has a tendency to get dragged into trouble due to her status as one of the Whispered. Possesses an iron will, and is determined to beat some sense into the socially inept teenage mercenary Mithril has assigned to go undercover to protect her. Literally, if need be. Is not fond of mornings. Here’s Full Metal Panic’s Kaname Chidori.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/870/kaname5.jpg

Voting will end at 10:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Monday, April 6th.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 1:07

Sinon and Haruhi for me

smite them all haruhi

Spoiler:

tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 1:56

Wow, someone other then Kiskaloo and I voted for Sinon. Laughing Maybe Tessa won't completely wipe the floor with her. Maybe.

Match One: Sinon. Starship Operators is one of my favorite series, and it's largely because of her. Interestingly enough, despite the gender difference, I can relate to her a lot better then a lot of other anime leads.

Match Two: Kaname. Yes, I know she's portrayed as a caricatured bitch during the second and third seasons, but I loved her in the first season. (And the novels -despite this being an anime babes tournament, it's kind of hard for me to just seperate novel Kaname and first season anime Kaname...) When her character is properly handled, she seems like a real person.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 10:18

Match #1: Tessa (why wouldn't I vote for her this early? And besides, I've never seen Starship Operators.)

Match #2: Kaname (I can put up with her personality better than Haruhi's. Why vote for someone who
Spoiler:
could wipe out the universe if you get her pissed off enough?

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 12:01

Match 1: Tessa (definitely a cutie)
Match 2: Kaname (not a great choice, but I haven't seen Melancholy yet).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum