Anime Babes Tournament Round Two Voting Thread

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anime Babes Tournament Round Two Voting Thread

Post by Piero on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 2:12

This is the voting thread for Round Two of the anime babes tournament. Rules are basically the same as round one. New matches will be posted shortly after 10:00PM on Saturdays, Mondays, and Thursdays.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Babes Tournament Round Two Voting Thread

Post by Piero on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 2:13

Match One:

A vengeful teenage Diclonius who develops a naive alternate personality after getting a head injury. Here's Elfen Lied's Lucy.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7646/lucy2x.jpg

Dog-god-girl whose "master" wears the collar in their relationship. Literally as well as figuratively. She has a thing for teleporting him into public places without his clothes when he goes after other girls.

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

Match Two:

Rich bitch model who likes to hide her true colours by pretending to be a good natured airhead. Here's Toradora's Ami Kawashima.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/795/ami2.jpg

Tall dark and bishoujo schoolgirl who is also a shrine maiden exorcist for hire. And likes guns. Here's Negima's Mana Tatsmiya.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/210/mana1.jpg

Voting will end at 10:00PM Pacific Standard Time on Monday, April 20th.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 2:41

Match 1 - The Inukami girl. She seems more fun to be with, though with her competition being Lucy, I'd say that's like calling a fire warmer than a blizzard.

Match 2 - Still gonna have to go with the "badass". Mana.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 6:37

Match One: Lucy.

Match Two: Ami.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 8:43

Match 1: Lucy
Match 2: Mana

Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 10:11

Match One: Lucy

Match Two: Ami

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 11:33

Match One: Lucy

Match Two: Ami

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 13:44

Match One: I have the feeling Lucy may cause problems for a character I like later on, but I'd be dishonest if I didn't vote for her with this one. Yoko's fun, but I don't find her all that hot.

Match Two: Mana. She sounds like a fun kind of character, and while Ami may be fairly well written that doesn't change the fact that she has a kind of nasty personality (though to be fair, she's not the only girl in the series whose personality could be described in less then flattering terms).

Last edited by Piero on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 18:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Later posts pointing out Lucys psycho tendencies.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 15:57

Match one: Well, even though I find Lucy to be somewhat more physically attractive, Yoko would be more fun... and less likely to kill me with invisible hands of DEATH... that and I nominated her.

Match two: Mana, she's attractive enough, and we apparently have common ground as gun lovers. Also, from all of her descriptions, I would rather intensely dislike Ami if I met her.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 17:24

One: Lucy
Two: Mana

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 17:25

Match one: Youko. I didn't like how Lucy stayed an amnesiac for half the show in Elfen Lied. Plus the fact that she'll kill your whole family if you go with someone else to the fair is kind of a turn off for me. Razz Besides, I enjoyed Youko's character in Inukami.

Match two: Mana. Between being a jerk half the time and an airhead the rest, Ami sounds like someone I'd want to avoid with a passion.

Question: am I the only one not voting based on the candidate’s appearance? Even Piero has now mentioned such things... sweat
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 18:03

Hmmm... some of you guys have a pretty good point about Lucy's homicidal issues. I've been a fan of some short tempered anime girls, but psycho killer is not so much my thing. So I think I'll switch to Yoko here. She won't go on a killing spree if you go after another girl. She'll teleport you into a public place without your clothes, but she won't go on a killing spree. Razz

So you won't die, unless it's from embarassment.

As to Kodoku's question -personality does factor into things for me, virtually every character I nominated was one I liked to some degree or another (some moreso then others). But it is a babes tournament so looks do factor into things, particularly when there's little else to go on.

Anyway, I'm switching my Match One vote to Yoko.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 18:14

@KodokuRyuu wrote:Question: am I the only one not voting based on the candidate’s appearance? Even Piero has now mentioned such things... sweat

If I do not know the character, I vote strictly on appearance. I know neither Lucy nor Yoko, but Lucy just strikes me as cuter so I picked her.

If I do know the character, it can be a mix of appearance and personality. I know both Ami and Mana, for example, and of the two I find Ami cuter and she's not a violent gundamentalist like Mana so I chose Ami.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 18:21

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@KodokuRyuu wrote:Question: am I the only one not voting based on the candidate’s appearance? Even Piero has now mentioned such things... sweat

If I do not know the character, I vote strictly on appearance. I know neither Lucy nor Yoko, but Lucy just strikes me as cuter so I picked her.

If I do know the character, it can be a mix of appearance and personality. I know both Ami and Mana, for example, and of the two I find Ami cuter and she's not a violent gundamentalist like Mana so I chose Ami.

Ditto. No prior knowledge equals physical attributes only. If I know the character it's all a blend that may or may not also depend on my mood at the time. Razz I also never abstain, cause that's kinda against the point of a poll. Decisiveness is the name of the game - pick somebody, lol.

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 18:24

Youko (Inukami FTW)
and Mana

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Mon 20 Apr 2009 - 15:13

Round 1: Yoko (has a nice tail)

Round 2: Mana, since I'm not a big Ami fan.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface on Mon 20 Apr 2009 - 21:03

Lucy

Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 879

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 1:08

Match one: *sneaks away*

Match two: Um... Er... Ah... Eh... Mana I guess...

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 1:22

Lucy and Yoko tie 6-6, settled in favour of Lucy with a random coin flipper (Lucy was heads, Yoko was tails. Razz) Mana wins her match 8-3. Oskineo, sorry, but I can't really count your vote since you were late, even if it was only by eight minutes. Not that it would have made any difference, the character you voted for still won. Laughing

Match One:

This motorcycle riding badass of a magical girl (no, those terms are not contradictory in this case) intends to avenge her mother’s death, and she has no intention of letting trivial things like “school” and “romance” interfere. But she’s also easily embarrassed and likes cute puppies. So yeah, she’s both a ruthless badass and adorably cute. And a terrible singer. Here’s Mai-HiME’s Natsuki Kuga.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6084/natsuki3k.jpg

Elite ‘Shadow Unit’ operative for the Galactic Organization of Trade and Tariffs. Possesses superhuman strength (activated by her lipstick via a form of self hypnotic suggestion) and a playful, somewhat childlike personality. Her unrestrained behaviour often has a tendency to annoy both her commander and her partner, Lumiere. Is really 250 years old (approximately). Here’s Kiddy Grade’s Éclair.

Eclair and her partner Lumiere, who is also somewhere in the two hundred years old range. Apologies for including her as well, seeing as how she's kind of loli looking, but I felt this was about the best I could do for a pic of Eclair, and since I have neither a lot of time nor practically any photoshop skills...

Match Two:

Busty teenage succubus. Unfortunately her anime version lacks much of the kindness and nobility of its manga counterpart. On the plus side though, her tendency to react to perceived perversion in a manner completely different from that of most anime girls is hilarious. (After slapping the series lead for seeing her underwear “…if you want to see it, then just tell me.”) Here’s Rosario + Vampire’s Kurumu Konno.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3087/kurumu1.jpg

She’s supposedly a nun, but packs a longslide Glock and dresses quite provocatively when off duty. But then, the church she works for seems
to be a front for a gun smuggling operation, so maybe that shouldn’t be so surprising. Implied to have been (and probably still be) a CIA agent. Here’s Black Lagoon’s “Sister” Eda.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3712/eda3.jpg

Voting will end at 10:00PM Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, April 23.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 1:51

Match one: Natsuki. She sounds like an interesting character and like she'd be fun to tease. Razz Plus Éclair sounds like she'd freak me out.

Match two: Kurumu. As much as I dislike Kurumu in Rosario, Eda doesn't sound like someone I'd want to go anywhere near.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 9:45

Match One: Never seen Kiddy Grade, but I have to say on a pure hawtness factor, Éclair holds the edge (at least to my eyes). However, I do know Natsuki and she was pretty cool, so I'll vote for her.

Match Two: Kurumu, of course.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 18:19

Match One: Damn it. You have to give me a tough one. >_<

Natsuki's blunders and her implied hook-up with Shizuru have me giddy. But, Eclair's a more attractive gal and has super strength to kick your ass with. I guess I'm begrudgingly going with the more attractive choice, Eclair. But, I won't have regrets if Natsuki manages to advance.

Match Two: Kurumu by default. Eda's face is reminding me of a cross-dressing Kamina.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 18:49

Match One: Natsuki. She ranks pretty well on the babe scale, and she's one of my favorite anime characters to boot. She's cute when she's embarassed. That, and she honestly grows a lot due to the experiences she has over the course of Mai-HiME. At the end of the series she's a warmer, kinder and wiser person then she was at the beginning -and yet she's still cute when she's embarassed. Laughing

Match Two: Kurumu for this one.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 19:23

One vote Eclair, one vote Kurumu.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 21:38

Match One: I have Mai-HIME all ready to go, but I still haven't watched it. So, gonna have to go completely based off of looks and go with Eclair (even if it makes me a grandmotherfucker Laughing).

Match Two: Even though I didn't like Kurumu at all in the anime (I prefer Mizore) my vote will have to go to her, since Eda doesn't look like a babe in the least bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 22:26

Match 1 - Eclair

Match 2 - Though I like Eda's character more, I have to say that picture really isn't flattering. So I'm going to vote with my superficial side and say Kurumu. I like both characters so I don't mind who wins.

That said, this Eda picture is MUCH better.
Spoiler:

Last edited by rusty-spring on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 22:29; edited 1 time in total

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 22:27

glock 34 in your face and a nuns habit.......no not really appealing

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Apr 2009 - 1:22

I loled hard Piero XDDDD

Match one: Natsuki!!!!!!!!!!

Match two: Kurumu~ Her character is much better now (manga at least).

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 22 Apr 2009 - 1:29

Well, I have certain factors that I take into account during pics selection... for one thing, I tend to like to go for versions of the characters that look like the anime versions (this is an anime babes tournament after all), which Rusty's pic doesn't really that much. I also actually consider character a factor in the tournament. There's a swimsuit pic I have of Natsuki that arguably looks quite a bit nicer then the one I chose, but I don't feel it reflects her character as well as the pic I'm using does. Honestly speaking, I kind of like the Glock pic for Eda because it's very... Eda. Laughing

And then there's the whole issue of how easy it is to find good pictures of the characters too -I try to find flattering pics, but given that there sometimes aren't a lot of pics available and the fact that I have quite a few factors to weigh in the decision making process...

Yeah, in case you guys haven't figured it out yet, I've spent a lot of time selecting pics for this tournament. Laughing Also, I'm really tempted to use Rusty's pic posting as en excuse to post that other Natsuki swimsuit pic. Must keep my fanboyism in check... sweat

Edit: Glad you lol'ed, Oski. I've been trying to inject a little humour into a lot of the profiles. Smile

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Thu 23 Apr 2009 - 14:25

I'm voting for Natsuki and Kurumu. Although I must admit that was one hot Eclair pic...
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 4:02

Wow! I actually made it in time!

Nacchan for Match One, Kurumu for Round Two!

(If you asked me, personally, I want Lumiere for One and Mizore Shirayuki for Two. ^_^)
Sheo Darren

Male

Forum Posts : 389

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 12:09

Sorry Sheo, but you were actually three hours past the deadline. It probably just didn't look that way because I was at a University Club event last night and wasn't able to post the new matches quickly after the last ones ended.

Because I was at a club meeting last night, I will be extending the deadline for the current matches.

Anyhow, Natsuki wins her match 5-4, while Kurumu wins hers 8-1.

Match One:

Naru's older best friend. Likes to drink alcohol in large quantities and con her dormitory manager out of his money. Nicknamed 'Kitsune' because of her name and fox-like appearance. Here's Love Hina's Mitsune Konno.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6080/kitsune4.jpg

This ex-Marine turned Mithril operator began her military career when she ran away from home to escape an arranged marriage. A skilled soldier and Arm Slave pilot, she’s known for drinking, smoking, and swearing all to excess, as well as beating up her handsome lech subordinate Kurz when he tries to hit on her. Here's Full Metal Panic's Sergeant Major Melissa Mao.

Match Two:

Pagan wolf diety who is trying to return to her homeland after spending many years trapped in the grain grown by a village that worshipped her. Apparently has little sense of modesty, though she's smart enough to dress up when around most humans. Drives a pretty shrewd bargain, although not always in a manner that is strictly honest. Is very fond of apples… and beer. Here's Spice and Wolf's Horo the Wise.

High school girl attending a prestigious academy on scholarship with her sickly little brother. Is generally kind and caring, but also has mild tsundere tendencies. Due to her responsibilities, she tries to act more mature then she really is, and pretends to be cheerful even when near her breaking point. Can summon a very cool dragon/phoenix cross with flaming wings, but given what she’s already dealing with she’d probably prefer not to be a HiME. Also, her little brother gets teased about having a sister complex. Here’s Mai-HiME’s Mai Tokiha.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2545/mai3.jpg

Voting will end at 10:00PM Pacific Standard Time on Sunday, April 26.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 13:20

Match one: Mao, 'cause she has human hips... and we'd have more common interests.

Match two: Mai, 'cause I prefer human to animal deity. This one was close due to the nekkidness factor.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 14:05

Match One: Mao. Kitsune is arguably more fun, but Mao lives life a bit harder.

Match Two: Horo. She's a goddess. 'nuff said.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 23:06; edited 1 time in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 14:30

Match One: Mao. She's probably be way too rough around the edges for my taste, but she's just so freaking awesome. (Of course, I'm also a fanboy for the series she's part of, so you might want to take that with a grain of salt.)

Match Two: Mai. She's arguably less babe like then the other two Mai-HiME girls I nominated (I really didn't do Natsuki's looks justice with the images from her last match) but she is quite cute, and she's also one of the nicest anime girls I can think of who isn't a Purity Sue or Yamato Nadeshiko. What can I say? She's a strong, kind-hearted girl who nevertheless has human flaws and weaknesses, and I find that combination to be very endearing.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 15:03

Match 1: Mao. Match 2: Mai. If there was a match 3, it would go to Mae.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 15:46

Match 1 - Mao.

Match 2 - Mai.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 15:47

Match 1: Mitsune (More of a tease and fun seeing her make a sap out of Keitaro.)

Match 2: Mai (She's attractive; cares for two people in the form of sick younger brother and naive and always hungry warrior-girl; has part-time duties as a waitress, student, and HiME. Horo's a beauty, but being dependent on Lawrence to make her journey and her shrewd attitude do detract from her character for me.)

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 19:24

One vote Mao, one vote Mai.

That wolf girl is creepy.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 23:47

Match one: Mao.
Match two: Horo.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sun 26 Apr 2009 - 2:14

Match one: Mitsune
Match two: Horo
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Sun 26 Apr 2009 - 9:47

Sorry Sheo, but you were actually three hours past the deadline. It
probably just didn't look that way because I was at a University Club
event last night and wasn't able to post the new matches quickly after
the last ones ended.

... curses!

*gets blasted apart by Duran for being useless*

Oh, well. Might as well try harder.

Match One: Mitsune.

Match Two: Horo. Economics 101 as taught by a sexy wolf-girl, please.
Sheo Darren

Male

Forum Posts : 389

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 26 Apr 2009 - 10:14

mitsune and horo

tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 26 Apr 2009 - 17:30

Match One: Mao

Match Two: Horo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Sun 26 Apr 2009 - 22:18

@Sheo Darren wrote:
Match One: Mitsune.

Match Two: Horo. Economics 101 as taught by a sexy wolf-girl, please.

I second the above.

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 2:30

Mao wins her match 8-5, and Horo wins her 7-6.

Match One:

Teenage whispered girl serving the secretive international organisation known as Mithril. Designer and commander of the world’s largest and most advanced submarine, the TDD-1 Tuatha De Danaan. Brilliant in both technical and strategic matters, but also a complete and utter klutz. Has a crush on Mithril Arm Slave pilot Sousuke Sagara, but can`t seem to get him to take notice no matter what she does. Here`s Full Metal Panic`s Teletha `Tessa`Testarossa.

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

Despite her reputation, this girl is very nice –she just happens to have a short fuse as well. Has a tendency to get dragged into trouble due to her status as one of the Whispered. Possesses an iron will, and is determined to beat some sense into the socially inept teenage mercenary Mithril has assigned to go undercover to protect her. Literally, if need be. Is not fond of mornings. Here’s Full Metal Panic’s Kaname Chidori.

Edit: It appears this pic is likely a photoshop combining Kaname and a character from Clannad. I'm going to leave it up because it's a nice image and looking at pictures is part of the fun, but please use the more accurate representation of the character that I have included below when voting.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1953/kaname8c.jpg

Match Two:

Seemingly ditzy bounty hunter/gunslinger. Can be surprisingly competent, given how carefree she generally appears to be. Is a crack shot with a .45, and has “If you have any last words, say them now” as her catch phrase. Might be bi. Here’s El Cazador de la Bruja’s Nadie.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9096/nadie.jpg

Several hundred year old being who can’t survive outside on clear days (no, she’s not a vampire, she doesn’t drink blood –she’s something called a yaka). Because of this, she likes pictures of the daytime sky. Can be a bit of a flirt. Has a thing for a weird flavour of tomato bean juice. Here’s Sola’s Matsuri Shihou.

http://i40.tinypic.com/ztsrr6.jpg

Voting will end at 10:00PM Pacific Standard Time on Tuesday, April 28.

Last edited by Piero on Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 12:41; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 3:05

Well, I know a lot of people seem to dislike Kaname, so this time around I think I’m going to go on the offensive right away since I think she’s actually a very nice girl.

Honestly speaking, I feel that Kaname is badly caricatured in the later animated adaptations of FMP. She’s always been a bit quick to anger, but some of the later animated material really exaggerates her tempermental side. Furthermore, anyone would be frustrated if they had to deal with the things she has to deal with on a regular basis (try imaging the things she has to deal with, then try imaging how long it would take you to have a nervous breakdown if you were in her shoes). Her short fuse may not help, but it’s not wholly responsible for the problem. And lastly Kaname’s had some real rough spots in her life (notably wanting to commit suicide in middle school), and to some degree at least her anger is something she’s used to gather the resolve she’s needed to deal with the challenges she’s faced.

Of course, none of this changes the fact that Kaname is still short tempered. But the fact is, she’s also shown that aside from her temper, she’s actually a quite nice person. Personally, I think to some degree she’s just someone with strong emotions, and while that certainly has its downsides, it has definite upsides as well. I see her as someone who may sometimes get very angry, but can also be a very loving person as well.

Then again, I have a bit of a thing for anime girls who hide a sweet side behind tough exteriors, so your mileage may vary. Laughing

And also, I kind of went with the current images of Tessa because they’re the ones that the guy who nominated her wanted to use, but I brushed up Kaname’s images so much this round, I thought maybe I ought to post this image of Tessa, which is one of my favorites of her.

Anyhow, after all that, I ought to actually cast my votes. Laughing So I'm going to vote Kaname for Round One and Nadie for Round Two.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 3:19

One vote Tessa, one vote Matsuri.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 3:51

My votes go for Tessa and Nadie

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
"You treacherous bitch!" -rustyspring (After I pwned him)
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 3:53

Match 1 - Tessa.

As much as I enjoy kneesocks, I have to admit, I enjoy a subtype of kneesocks. Namely "Zettai Ryouiki" - which demands more than just kneesocks. Namely the golden 4:1:2.5 ratio (length of skirt : zettai ryouiki : length of socks above knee) and the acceptable margin for error is ±25%.

A diagram of which is shown here.

Kaname just doesn't have ZR there. Razz

Match 2 - Nadie (though incidentally Matsuri does have ZR there. I know nothing of the character however.)

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content