Night of the living dead!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Night of the living dead!

Post by Wileama on Sat 20 Oct 2007 - 9:18

So the other day while I was at the base exchange I found a book. It's called 'World War Z: an oral history.' Needless to say I'm now in the process of reading this book. As I browse the forums this morning I find it on my brains. So here's a question. Girls wake up one morning, to find the adults discussing the strange tales coming out of Rome. Something about the dead returning to life. Preposterous really, the girls continue on as usual until the run into ZOMBIES!

Yeah that would be awesome. Your thoughts, ideas, funny comments?

Last edited by on Sat 20 Oct 2007 - 9:26; edited 1 time in total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive for your next breath. Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one. Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Night of the living dead!

Post by rusty-spring on Sat 20 Oct 2007 - 9:24

Anything involving zombies is always good in my book. I think Resident Evil/GSG crossovers are due. Razz
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 20 Oct 2007 - 20:48

I can imagine some mafiaso getting his hands on some Haitian Zombie Powder and using it in dispersion bombs throughout Rome...

I can imagine one the girls getting hit with it... Then again, would they call the USA's FVZA?

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 21 Oct 2007 - 1:35

@Wileama wrote: Preposterous really, the girls continue on as usual until the run into ZOMBIES!
Better yet, Winged-zombie-mutant-teenage-ninja-carnivores-from mars! Yeah, that's the stuff.

I dont hate him specifically, its the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 21 Oct 2007 - 2:23

Danoj3 wrote:Better yet, Winged-monkey-zombie-mutant-teenage-ninja-pirate-carnivores-from mars!
Razz

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 21 Oct 2007 - 5:58

Ninja's are cooler then Pirates!

p.s. I may be completely smashed!

Strive for your next breath. Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one. Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 21 Oct 2007 - 10:21

@LoC978 wrote:
Danoj3 wrote:Better yet, Winged-monkey-zombie-mutant-teenage-ninja-pirate-carnivores-from mars!
Razz

I dont hate him specifically, its the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 21 Oct 2007 - 16:19

Picture = Awesome

On another note, I finished World War Z. It is one of the greatest stories I have read in a long time. The book isn't as funny as you would think. It's more serious. I can feel the world coming alive right off the page. It's sad, terrifying, uplifting, depressing, and some much more. Details great, right down to a small story about war dogs, and their handlers. It's just wonderful. That, and the book as a smart, pointed social commentary.

Go buy it!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 21 Oct 2007 - 17:25

@Wileama wrote:Picture = Awesome

On another note, I finished World War Z. It is one of the greatest stories I have read in a long time. The book isn't as funny as you would think. It's more serious. I can feel the world coming alive right off the page. It's sad, terrifying, uplifting, depressing, and some much more. Details great, right down to a small story about war dogs, and their handlers. It's just wonderful. That, and the book as a smart, pointed social commentary.

Go buy it!
I take it that this is your review?
Who's the author and publisher?

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 21 Oct 2007 - 20:27

The book's written by Max Brooks and published by Crown. It's one hell of a read that's masterfully constructed and very emotionally powerful - were it not for the fiction label, setting, timeline and lack of real-life corroboration, I could have sworn I was looking at a meticulous documentation of something that really happened. You might also want to check out Brooks' companion volume, 'The Zombie Survival Guide'.

Pitting our cyborg hit-kids against zombie opponents ala 'World War Z' may seem frivolous, but might actually work if handled correctly. It would be a refreshing break from what the SWA normally do. I feel that Padania are an over-used opponent (whom, quite frankly, I'm quite sick of hearing about), and would prefer it if the Agency also handled other adversaries like the ones suggested here.

A movie adaptation based on both stories will supposedly be out in '08. It, in my opinion, has a 50/50 chance of being either a stunning film or an immense flop.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 21 Oct 2007 - 23:19

Their making a movies out of Brooks' books? I don't know whether to be happy or not. I'll have to wait to see a trailer, see how they decide to do it.

Anyway I don't see how anyone could treat a zombie story as frivolous. Zombie stories have a lot of interesting angles. They can force enemies to work to survive. They may bring out the best, or worst in people. Some end up becoming sick twisted killers, while others humanize the undead. Some go crazy, some are awakened into a new life.

Just imagine Jean, or Jose having to work with the Pandia to survive the onslaught. Marco, and Angie helping rescue people, while Lauro uses Elsa to carve out his own fiefdom. Triela getting that crazed smile while slaughtering an infected cyborg. While Etta keeps a zombie Jose tied up in her room. These stories could be boring if badly done, but no less boring then any other poorly done story. Where as I think it could be way more interesting then a lot of other stories you hear about. That, and I think Gunslinger Girl could bring something of it's own to the genre. There is always the question of just how human the girls really are. I could see characters contemplating how girls are similar to zombies. Just how human are they when put next to zombies. So many similarities...

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sun 21 Oct 2007 - 23:25

All I can say is "diorama" time if someone got some of these:

and some of these:

Add some glue and some plasticard/cardboard faux walls and together you get "Land of the Gunslinger."
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 3:21

@Wileama wrote:Anyway I don't see how anyone could treat a zombie story as frivolous.

You won't believe some of the stuff that's been written. Goodness, I could just go blind...
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 9:12

@rusty-spring wrote:All I can say is "diorama" time if someone got some of these:

I Am So Jealous now! God NO!
I Need!
I Want!!
GIMME!!!
*claws at screen*

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 11:00

@Nachtsider wrote:You won't believe some of the stuff that's been written. Goodness, I could just go blind...

True, Fanfiction can be a scary place . . .

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 23 Oct 2007 - 2:33

It's a good thing I've formulated a useful mantra that's kept me alive throughout my travels thus far (all rights reserved, copyright, Islamic justice, et cetera):

"Though I sail Fanfiction.net's trecherous seas, I fear no crackhead author's stupidity, for my 'Back' button is with me and will forever be."
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 3:15

Out of curiosity, are we talking about the 'en masse' slow plodding traditional Zombie variety here or the 'oh shi-here they come' running, jumping, rending tearing variety? I believe World War Z uses the former, since that Japanese account noted you were much safer where you had space to maneuver. The speed of the Zombies make all the difference in what strategy to apply.

Who is that hot glasses wearing babe I wonder...
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 11:17

"Its best that we nuke the place from sapce. Just to make sure!"

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 11:33

I remember an interview with the mercenary, the one protecting all the celebrities near New York. He mentions that they freaked out when they saw them running, because suddenly their where afraid they might be able to climb. However it turned out to be people not zombies.

Also there is a Japanese character who mentions power walking to escape zomibes. Or the american solider who quotes a drill instructor saying, "Z is in no rush, so why are you?" Very classical zombie, it's not about to make a mad dash for you.

How a Zombie actually works does indeed make all the difference in the world.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:11

Phew! The ones that run along the walls, leap over holes and generally move like lightning are the Zombies I do not want to fight against.

Slow Zombies, best bet is good aim, plenty of ammo, and lots of room to manuver... and of course you can just run.
Fast Zombies? RLH, Find a corner to camp, shoot them as they come and hope you have enough ammo to outlast them.
The thing about Fast Zombies is that there are alot less of them than Slow Zombies but they can take a hell of alot more damage than Slow Zombies and are much harder to dodge and hit.

Back on topic... would the girl's synthetic skin give them some immunity against the zombies at first? I mean, the virus has to get on organic skin to cause damage. They could swap out the skin for some resistant material and hopefully that would let them fight better.

In fact, what if the Cyborgs were the ONLY beings (semi resistant or otherwise) on the planet resistant to the virus? How would they react to see their handlers loved ones crumble to dust leaving them to either die slowly from starvation and conditioning deprivation or a very painful death at the hands for the masses?

I am pure evil. See my sig.

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:15

@sasahara17 wrote:In fact, what if the Cyborgs were the ONLY beings (semi resistant or otherwise) on the planet resistant to the virus? How would they react to see their handlers loved ones crumble to dust leaving them to either die slowly from starvation and conditioning deprivation or a very painful death at the hands for the masses?
@Wileama wrote:...Etta keeps a zombie Jose tied up in her room...
I take it you've seen dawn of the dead... that scene was just fucking creepy...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 13:30

Rico wouldn't know what to do. Claes would blink in surprise of zombies. Ang would just die. Triela would go on a bloody rampage till she where torn to pieces. Etta... Yeah with the room... and the tied up Jose...

That scene really was wrong. Though I can't believe they wasted ammo on a baby.

That being said I don't know that the girls would be any more resistant to the virus. Maybe to bites, and being torn apart, but I don't see their artificial organs helping them out here.

Also what makes you think there are less Fast zombies. In dawn of the dead they are plenty fast. Fast, and stretch in a single mob as far as the eye can see. You'll have the same number of zombies, they might just wear down faster that's all.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Mon 19 Nov 2007 - 4:34

I iinvoke the 'Law of the (fictional) universe'; every adversity must have a reasonable/survivable limit unless your death flag has been raised. Having sixty slow zombies coming at you at one time is not exactly the same thing as sixty fast zombies coming at you at one time.
One is survivable, the other... can you say your prayers in the five seconds you have on this god's green Earth?
Also, I was of the opinion that becuase slow zombies are... slow, the get bunched up in tight places unlike fast zombies who normally steer around obstacles, giving you the impression that there are fewer fast zombies becuase they are spaced out more, meaning you only have a few zombies to take care of at anyone time father than a waterfall of them.
But that's just me, and my limited knowledge of horror moves.
Then again, the last zombie movie I watched was Shawn of the Dead, and that was... diffrerent.

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 19 Nov 2007 - 11:10

in dawn of the dead, the zombies are fast, and numerous... but stupid. unless they have a flesh-and-blood target, they just shuffle around aimlessly. at one point the protagonists are up on rooftops, shooting celebrity look-alikes among them for sport.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Mon 19 Nov 2007 - 11:29

If you were fighting slow zombies, the biggest asset would be speed and mobility. Sure they're lots of them, but as long as you have manageabeable room to maneuver and move, you should be all right. Though if you're stuck in say downtown Chicago and everyone's infected, probably slim chances regardless if they move slow.

Fast zombies...well the fact that you'd be screwed the moment they noticed you and started sprinting in mobs, moving undetected would be your best bet.

That or a nuke. I don't recall many zombie movie/game/story where the "final solution" wasn't a nuke. Though with that solution you are probably going to end up with some radioactive zombies...And if I know my fictitious scenarios, radioactive anything is going to be 1000 times stronger, and 1000 times cooler.
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 19 Nov 2007 - 11:33

Rusty wrote:radioactive anything is going to be 1000 times stronger, and 1000 times cooler.
hehe.. Fallout... I love that story... like Mad Max on 'roids...
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Mon 19 Nov 2007 - 12:15

@LoC978 wrote:
hehe.. Fallout... I love that story... like Mad Max on 'roids...

The Fallout games are 100% excellence and 80% hexagons Razz.
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Mon 19 Nov 2007 - 20:31

EDIT - Now that I'm out of class, I think I'll better make my post more comprehensive.

http://kevan.org/proce55ing/zombies/

Stumbled upon this intresting thing while supposedly doing work in a Econometrics lab. it's a zombie infestation simulation where you can see how a hapless city is reduced to minless brainmunching. Addictive.
I'm sure many of you have seen this before, but just in case...

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Mon 19 Nov 2007 - 23:36

That's some cool stuff there.

Zombies rock my socks. Laughing
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 20 Nov 2007 - 0:00

Children Should Not Play With Dead Things...

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Tue 20 Nov 2007 - 1:23

This one actaully lets you be the gunman who has to quarantine the infection.

http://www.hardcorepawn.com/zombie4/

Made it to Stage 4 (or was it 3 lost count becuase I was too busy looking at the zombies), where 300+ zombies proved too much for my 30 round automatic rifle. I killed like half before I went down myself. Not too good at this game.

Perfect source material if one needs to write the fanfic wehere Treila singlehandedly battles the undead hordes and can't afford a Resident Evil game.

Who makes this stuff anyway? This is genius.

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 20 Nov 2007 - 1:44

fun! ... and I totally shoulda read the instructions... I killed most of the people in level one before the zombies got anywhere near 'em. then I rediscovered the joy of magical, dimensional-rift pockets that hold an infinite number of loaded magazines in level 4. spray-and-pray never felt so good (until I realized I still had over 200 zombies to go after I carved out a corner for myself... so I quit).
...tried again.. once you get the machine gun in level 5, staying alive becomes a total non-issue (not that it was hard with the rifle, but now it's one-shot, one-kill with 60 bullets). saving humans seems damn near impossible. you'd have to strategically cull the population to isolate zombies. I was lazy, so I shot everything.
...and then it gives you a shotgun... and as a finale, it pays homage to the cheesiest zombie movie of all time

Last edited by on Wed 21 Nov 2007 - 22:02; edited 1 time in total
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Tue 20 Nov 2007 - 4:39

LAWNMOWER!?

I was laughing though the entire youtube clip. Man that is some Lawnmower. And man was it funny to see them drop the head in the blender.

Playing the game to that point just to do that must have been worth the trouble just to do that.

This is why Peter Jackson is one of the best directors of all time. I have GOT to see this movie, and pronto! All the stuff I'm reading off the web says it's a riot to watch.

Man, somebody has to write a fic about one of the girls doing this, Treila being the prime candidate!
Hell that might even be that last stand we keep talking about.

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Tue 20 Nov 2007 - 6:07

@rusty-spring wrote:Anything involving zombies is always good in my book. I think Resident Evil/GSG crossovers are due. Razz

Better.

A GSG/Evil Dead-Army of Darkness Crossover.
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Tue 20 Nov 2007 - 13:45

*At next year's E3*

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Wed 21 Nov 2007 - 17:33

Nice one!

How long did it take you to make that?

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 21 Nov 2007 - 17:49

@rusty-spring wrote:*At next year's E3*

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
You caught me off guard as I was in the library when I saw this... nearly busted a gut holding in the laughter!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 21 Nov 2007 - 18:17

It's graphics intense, but worth it. Not exactly a quick play either, but saves make it bearable. It is also the shit.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Wed 21 Nov 2007 - 19:37

@sasahara17 wrote:Nice one!

How long did it take you to make that?

Contrary to what it says, it took longer than 2 Seconds. Razz Just seemed that fast compared to what I'm usually messing around with in Photoshop.

Was more like 5-10 minutes. I merely found a screen shot of the Japanese GSG game and a screen shot of Dead Rising. Used the magic lasso tool to crop Henrietta out, pasted it into the cropped Dead Rising pic, added some text and "Presto". One fresh baked parody. Smile

I wanted to make more than just this one, but there are precious few screenshots of the Gunslinger Girl video games. 🇳🇴
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 21 Nov 2007 - 21:51

@Wileama wrote:It's graphics intense, but worth it. Not exactly a quick play either, but saves make it bearable. It is also the shit.
you just had to feed me zombified crack, huh?
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
:lol!:

a friend of mine (who shall be known as "J"), wanted me to post this:

... YOU FED HIM CRACK TOO!
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Wed 21 Nov 2007 - 22:35

@Wileama wrote:It's graphics intense, but worth it. Not exactly a quick play either, but saves make it bearable. It is also the shit.

Great game.

I found my strategy was to use the first pistol until I had enough EXP for the first assault rifle. From there heal your base as needed, and continue to upgrade the assault rifle, then the hollowpoint upgrade, reload upgrade, and magazine capacity.

I would walk towards zombies as I shot them, so that accuracy stayed high as every shot knocks them back.
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 21 Nov 2007 - 22:43

Rusty wrote:I found my strategy was to use the first pistol until I had enough EXP for the first assault rifle. From there heal your base as needed, and continue to upgrade the assault rifle, then the hollowpoint upgrade, reload upgrade, and magazine capacity.
same... ish. purchases went USP->G36->FAMAS->FN SCAR->Bloodlust->Marathon Man->Hollowpoints->Overkill-> (anything you want after this. you can make 6,000+XP easy in one level)
then with the laser rifle, you make 50,000+ easily) also, upgrade base HP as needed. it makes a good distraction (I never got hit once, personally, but my base took a beating early on)

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 0:03

Yeah, well if I had noticed the upgrades tap, I probably would have bought more of those early one. Instead I just dumped it all in to weapons at first. By the time I noticed the upgrades I could bu one or two every level. So pistol -> Magnum -> G36 -> Machine gun. Then I started to upgrade the various weapons I had.

I usually tried to run off my main weapon first, pushing forward t create as much space as I could. Then due to my longer reloads times would switch over to a back up for a bit, before I hit a lull long enough to reload. I never really did like the laser rifle. I prefer the gatling cannons, or machines guns later on. Yeah sure you waste ammo, but only in the best way possible. Very Happy There are some other really addictive defense games and the like in there.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 4:23

honestly, the only reason for the laser rifle is the massive extra damage it does (giving you tons of XP due to overkill.. its claim of '110 damage' is bullshit, it does like 110 per pixel it hits. I seriously made upwards of 1000XP per kill on weak enemies).
aside from money making potential, you need no weapon besides the FN SCAR. same damage as the big minigun + 0.4 second reload time(0.3333 with upgrade) +150 bullets(195 with upgrade) = essentially an infinite ammo version of the minigun... for less money.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 5:13

@LoC978 wrote:aside from money making potential, you need no weapon besides the FN SCAR. same damage as the big minigun + 0.4 second reload time(0.3333 with upgrade) +150 bullets(195 with upgrade) = essentially an infinite ammo version of the minigun... for less money.

That's exactly what I found out. The gun's .333 reload (upgrade) time is the clincher. Just hold down the mouse button and move it left to right.

Last edited by on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 5:44; edited 1 time in total
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 5:35

good god, I can't stop... 9AM of the third day, my base's HP has reached 100,000, mine is 33,335, I own every weapon and upgrade... and I can make about 161,000XP per level if I stick to the laser rifle... *ahem*... cannon. laser cannon.
WHYYYYY?! DAMN THESE INFERNAL NUMBERS!!
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 5:46

It's kinda funny that way. As soon as you can afford the SCAR, it's pretty much a given you'll mow down everything and losing will only come from being really negligent. Yet I'm still playing as well.

I think it's the "pop" sound the zombies make. A sound that satisfies the part of you that demands undead carnage.
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 9:41

This game is the shit.
I kept dying the first few times until I figured out the FN SCAr was the key to victory.
Man, the whole screen turned red after I bought that gun.
Geez, is this rifle is seriously badass. Rusty is right, the infinite stream of 7.62 x 51 ammo really is just too much for the zombie hordes.
Did anyone find any any of the other weapons useful? The Pancor Jackhammer was fun to use, if just for kicks. Too bad it's exp gains don't seem to be as much as the FN SCAR and it's reload time is that much longer.
The P90 was useless though... It costs the same as the FAMAS but does less damage. Why'd they have it in anyway?

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 15:01

Though I did in fact purchase the SMGs realatively early, I did realize they where more or less useless. I've seen better balanced games. There really isn't anything like covering the ground in blood, and shell casings. It's quite fun Very Happy Thankfully I had most of my fill with this game some time ago. Thought it is nice to pick up and play again from time to time. There was another, much harder, can't quite seem to find it. You could only have two weapons equiped, and it was all about keeping your base intact. You could upgrade your defenses with everything from wood boards, to land mines. I'll see if I can't further kill your time by finding it.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 5:34

Sorry to bring back this thread from the dead (Zombie time!) but I'm quite enhusiatic about this. Made by the guy who did the infection simulation thing...

http://www.urbandead.com/Does anybody play this game?

I'm pretty sure most of you will have noticed this by now. God damn it looks awesome, but I'm not keen to start playing straight away; I'll come back from my exams and see my 'just created four hours ago' character has died before the first sundown becuase I stupidly picked the wrong building to hide him in.

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Main_Page

I've been actually reading this wiki in my freetime and it's been giving me ideas about how the Gunslinger Girl fights through a zombie outbreak idea should run (the four channel news team seem like some tough bastards).

Driving off a zombie seige, survivor attacking survivor in a mall, holding and securing territory... several very intriguing concepts to those who havent seen it before.

It's kind of sad that the only ranged weapons in the game are six shot pistols and double barrel shotguns... true they balance the game as not to make the Zombies simpily moving targets for the survivors, but I don't see myself 'realistically' armed with only these two weapons in an outbreak.

Well at least those guys carrying twenty loaded handguns on their person haves the right idea.

EDIT - Does anybody like roleplaying? I have an Idea (again).

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum