Night of the living dead!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Night of the living dead!

Post by LoC978 on Wed 21 Nov 2007 - 22:43

Rusty wrote:I found my strategy was to use the first pistol until I had enough EXP for the first assault rifle. From there heal your base as needed, and continue to upgrade the assault rifle, then the hollowpoint upgrade, reload upgrade, and magazine capacity.
same... ish. purchases went USP->G36->FAMAS->FN SCAR->Bloodlust->Marathon Man->Hollowpoints->Overkill-> (anything you want after this. you can make 6,000+XP easy in one level)
then with the laser rifle, you make 50,000+ easily) also, upgrade base HP as needed. it makes a good distraction (I never got hit once, personally, but my base took a beating early on)

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 0:03

Yeah, well if I had noticed the upgrades tap, I probably would have bought more of those early one. Instead I just dumped it all in to weapons at first. By the time I noticed the upgrades I could bu one or two every level. So pistol -> Magnum -> G36 -> Machine gun. Then I started to upgrade the various weapons I had.

I usually tried to run off my main weapon first, pushing forward t create as much space as I could. Then due to my longer reloads times would switch over to a back up for a bit, before I hit a lull long enough to reload. I never really did like the laser rifle. I prefer the gatling cannons, or machines guns later on. Yeah sure you waste ammo, but only in the best way possible. Very Happy There are some other really addictive defense games and the like in there.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 4:23

honestly, the only reason for the laser rifle is the massive extra damage it does (giving you tons of XP due to overkill.. its claim of '110 damage' is bullshit, it does like 110 per pixel it hits. I seriously made upwards of 1000XP per kill on weak enemies).
aside from money making potential, you need no weapon besides the FN SCAR. same damage as the big minigun + 0.4 second reload time(0.3333 with upgrade) +150 bullets(195 with upgrade) = essentially an infinite ammo version of the minigun... for less money.

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 5:13

LoC978 wrote:aside from money making potential, you need no weapon besides the FN SCAR. same damage as the big minigun + 0.4 second reload time(0.3333 with upgrade) +150 bullets(195 with upgrade) = essentially an infinite ammo version of the minigun... for less money.

That's exactly what I found out. The gun's .333 reload (upgrade) time is the clincher. Just hold down the mouse button and move it left to right.

Last edited by on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 5:44; edited 1 time in total

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 5:35

good god, I can't stop... 9AM of the third day, my base's HP has reached 100,000, mine is 33,335, I own every weapon and upgrade... and I can make about 161,000XP per level if I stick to the laser rifle... *ahem*... cannon. laser cannon.
WHYYYYY?! DAMN THESE INFERNAL NUMBERS!!

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 5:46

It's kinda funny that way. As soon as you can afford the SCAR, it's pretty much a given you'll mow down everything and losing will only come from being really negligent. Yet I'm still playing as well.

I think it's the "pop" sound the zombies make. A sound that satisfies the part of you that demands undead carnage.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 9:41

This game is the shit.
I kept dying the first few times until I figured out the FN SCAr was the key to victory.
Man, the whole screen turned red after I bought that gun.
Geez, is this rifle is seriously badass. Rusty is right, the infinite stream of 7.62 x 51 ammo really is just too much for the zombie hordes.
Did anyone find any any of the other weapons useful? The Pancor Jackhammer was fun to use, if just for kicks. Too bad it's exp gains don't seem to be as much as the FN SCAR and it's reload time is that much longer.
The P90 was useless though... It costs the same as the FAMAS but does less damage. Why'd they have it in anyway?

sasahara17

Forum Posts : 1001

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 15:01

Though I did in fact purchase the SMGs realatively early, I did realize they where more or less useless. I've seen better balanced games. There really isn't anything like covering the ground in blood, and shell casings. It's quite fun Very Happy Thankfully I had most of my fill with this game some time ago. Thought it is nice to pick up and play again from time to time. There was another, much harder, can't quite seem to find it. You could only have two weapons equiped, and it was all about keeping your base intact. You could upgrade your defenses with everything from wood boards, to land mines. I'll see if I can't further kill your time by finding it.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 5:34

Sorry to bring back this thread from the dead (Zombie time!) but I'm quite enhusiatic about this. Made by the guy who did the infection simulation thing...

http://www.urbandead.com/Does anybody play this game?

I'm pretty sure most of you will have noticed this by now. God damn it looks awesome, but I'm not keen to start playing straight away; I'll come back from my exams and see my 'just created four hours ago' character has died before the first sundown becuase I stupidly picked the wrong building to hide him in.

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Main_Page

I've been actually reading this wiki in my freetime and it's been giving me ideas about how the Gunslinger Girl fights through a zombie outbreak idea should run (the four channel news team seem like some tough bastards).

Driving off a zombie seige, survivor attacking survivor in a mall, holding and securing territory... several very intriguing concepts to those who havent seen it before.

It's kind of sad that the only ranged weapons in the game are six shot pistols and double barrel shotguns... true they balance the game as not to make the Zombies simpily moving targets for the survivors, but I don't see myself 'realistically' armed with only these two weapons in an outbreak.

Well at least those guys carrying twenty loaded handguns on their person haves the right idea.

EDIT - Does anybody like roleplaying? I have an Idea (again).

sasahara17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 13:04

sasahara17 wrote:Does anybody like roleplaying? I have an Idea (again).
I've done my fair share. [Legend of the Five Rings, Neuroshima (Polish system), Wiedzmin (Polish system), Vampire: The Mascarade, Mage: The Awakening]

The concept of the zombie is actually based on a PHD some guy wrote in ethno-botany. "Zombie Powder" is actually prepared by voodoo shamans in Africa from a gland of a certain species of puffer fish. The gland contains an incredibly deadly neuro-toxin which is leathal in the parts per million range. They drie this out grind it up and then delute it with a lot of random junk, then dry it again. The toxin starts working on contact with the skin and knocks you out within 5 min or so, regardless of whether it is brushed off or not. If the shaman did his chemistry right it sends the person into a semi-comatose state that is recognized as death by any of the doctors that might be available in that part of Africe. The person is then buried. Then the shaman digs the guy up, and coaxes him "back to life". The guy is now in a barely conscious state similar to hipnosis. He becomes highly suggestible, but is not really capable of taking any action by himself beside relieving himself, eating, and some of the most basic biological impulses. If you tell him to go and pick something up he will, though. The poor chap is maintained in this state by very small doses od the toxin being added to his food, and can last several years before the damage to his brain and nervous system becomes so severe that he becomes useless.

I forget the name that the PHD paper was under, but the guy wrote a book for the popular reader that excludes the fine details of chemical composition and biological reaction, but describes the general idea. It's called "The Snake and the Rainbow. (I haven't read it, so I don't know whether it's worth anything.)

Apperently there is also a similar fish in the waters of Japan, and those crazy people make sushi out of it. (They use the parts that are most far away from the gland and least toxic. But, you still need a special state issued license just to prepare that one kind of sushi. If the sheff gets it wrong you die.)

You learn the most interesting things in Anthropology/"Primitive" Religions.

Getting really off topic (or am, I?).

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 13:15

sasahara17 wrote:Sorry to bring back this thread from the dead (Zombie time!) but I'm quite enhusiatic about this.
How can returning the zombie thread to unlife be anything but awesome?

sasahara17 wrote:http://www.urbandead.com/Does anybody play this game?
\\Scratches head.
I tried it once like three years ago. Didn't really get it. I'm not big on these games that take days.

sasahara17 wrote:EDIT - Does anybody like roleplaying? I have an Idea (again).
My brother taught me how to roll in D&D 2nd edition, when I was all of 7. I haven't stopped since. I'm running three characters currently. [1 play by post, 1 IM game, and 1 table top] Actually I first went to the FF.net forum seeking help for a GSG D20 modern campaign. Does that answer your question?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 14:45

So there are D&D roleplayers here. Hm....*thinks*. Not the kind of Roleplayers I hand in mind, but I dig.

Might as well post the idea.

--
Cyborg of the Dead

--

Okay you kow how we have that 'Lucid Dream' thread over in the "Oh God' section? I was thinking that we could have one thread of a similar kind down in the Fan section, except we have it dealing with a zombie apocolypse.

The basic idea is everyone can come up with oneshot sized (anywhere less than 10,000 words) story about how each SWA affliated person (a cyborg team, a lone cyborg or the sadult agents) have to survive though the zombie outbreak.

Each author selects a specific group of survivors (Party limit, 4) to work with, writes a oneshot, or a series of oneshots, to detail their exploits. Only that author can write about them (until that author decides not to naymore and posts a message declaing the intent, at which the characters ar up for grabs).
Anything they accomplish during that story, no matter how ridiculous and illogical it's events, leaves it in stone... meaning that if Triela and Claes leave a hall of dead corpses in the Vatican City, the next time Rico's survivor group enters the Vatican, she'd have a rude shock! This will allow a (un)living, ever changing world that the characters to funtion in, as well as forcing authors to constantly adapt to the changing plot/gain new ideas by using the asthermath of another character's disaster as a plot device.

This should encourage authos to keep the survivors sufficinetly apart (so as not to put up conflicting posts simultanesously) and should any two groups of survivors meet, two authors should corrborate on one uniform piece of work. This encourages co-operation the the fan community and prevents concflicting ideas.

In summary it's meant to be this massive piece of fanfiction that has an onging plot that anybody on the forum can contibute to, allowing most authors to focus on their other works while still exploring the idea of GSG's in a zombie world. As long as everybody agrees on some basic ground rules that are set, it in theory it should work out fine.

I ahve the basic idea of how the plot functions. However I'll see if anyone likes this idea first, then post in a new thread if the reception is favorable (at least one person likes it).

Who is that hot glasses wearing babe I wonder...
sasahara17

Male

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 19:15

sasahara17 wrote:So there are D&D roleplayers here. Hm....*thinks*. Not the kind of Roleplayers I hand in mind, but I dig.
What type did you have in mind?

p.s. - I considered trying to lead a game by adopting some system to the GSG universe (Proubably LotFR, or GURPS), but decided against it because of the difficulties a forum style thing would pose.

There's nothing saying that your idea would not work. You just have to get it going and see. I'd write something, but have lots of stuff going on right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 19:45

I think I worked out a template for the girls in D20 modern. I never did play test it, so I'm not sure just how many level 6 characters my little rachel could take on. Gurps would be another good system to use. Anyway I've been playing on game now for almost four years over a forum. It's called play by post, and it works.

It just tends to be a lot slower then your average table top. Which leads to some people running games out of an Instant Messanger. Slower does have it's advantages though, it gives you more time to get into your characters mind set. Builds better role play.

Anyway it's an interesting idea, but I don't know. I'm loosing interest in the Lucid dream thread, because I don't know how interested I am in pumping out another paragraph that regularly. I would feel better with an actually stated out rp game. However I am surrounded by writers...

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 20:07

That's the thing you need dedicated players and a good GM. I knew about the games, but wasn't sure if it would work out here since I have'nt played in a long time (I'm not sure if the whole rp spirit will return to me) and I don't know to what extent we have dedicated players on the forum. Although, I guess if there are 3 people and possibly more then it could work.

But, who would be GM?

p.s. - The problem with the lucid dream thread was that I was thinking in too serious and plot heavy terms. If it's to work on the forum it will have to be light, loose, and action heavy. If it takes too long to think of something to do because there is not enough going on to inspire ideas, because you're thinking about making the post too good, or because the rules/convention is too strict, then it proubably won't go ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 20:15

'kay the results are in. I'm off to type up my RP idea. Since I don't have an exam tomorrow and just had two in a row, I could use the break.

It'll be in a new thread in the Fan section. Stay tuned for further updates.

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 8 Dec 2007 - 4:43

3klicks wrote:But, who would be GM?
This guy. I have a bunch of stats laying around for the campaign I was going to run. I don't know that I could use the same campaign, but there are lots of ideas I could use.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Sat 8 Dec 2007 - 4:52

Forgot to mention it here. The idea's up in the fan created stuff section and....

Wileama wrote:
3klicks wrote:But, who would be GM?
This guy. I have a bunch of stats laying around for the campaign I was going to run. I don't know that I could use the same campaign, but there are lots of ideas I could use.
...This guy? You don't mean me do you? I have no experience in being a GM, and I was hoping for the story to be more of a colaborration than anything else.

'I am Legend' is coming out on the last day of my exams (14th) Yippie!
...was just banned in China. WTF?

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 8 Dec 2007 - 5:06

Yes I did mean me. I understand what your try to do. All I'm saying is that for creating a story about cutting through the zombie waste lands RP can be just as interesting. Besides RPGs are easier for me then writing is. That's all.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Sat 8 Dec 2007 - 5:09

Okay, just to clarify. *breathes a sigh of relief*

Anyway, Nachsider made mention to some pretty sweet program known as a 'MUSH'. Anybody here have experince with it? It looks promising. Perhaps we could work something out.

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 8 Dec 2007 - 5:21

I have some friends who play on a mush. It takes a bit of set up from what I understand, and is best for large IM RPGs. For smaller groups I think that just a plan old IM chat would do the job...

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 6:05

Thank Wileama, World War Z is a fantastic novel, and The Zombie Surival Guide (same author) makes me question whether it really is fiction or not. Scary stuff.

but I was already loosing my grip on reality anyway, so it's all good, man. Smile

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 6:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The equivilent of Nazi in the editing world: grammer. Grr)

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 17:01

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Thank Wileama, World War Z is a fantastic novel, and The Zombie Surival Guide (same author) makes me question whether it really is fiction or not. Scary stuff.

but I was already loosing my grip on reality anyway, so it's all good, man. Smile
Let me help you slip further into the abyss...

Zombies do exist. It depends on what definition you go by. And you have to go by reputable sources for the information you seek:

African Zombies
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4683903.stm

Haitian Zombie Powder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie#Haiti

You should read the book or see the movie: The Serpent and the Rainbow. The scene with the 50 penny nail will make you cringe. Evil

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 1:40

YAYZ!!! Another convert!!!

cheers

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 6:28

Which would you recomaned, or are they both worth watching/reading? Or is it perhaps a scinario like Tom Clancey's 'Patriot Games' where the book was great and the movie sucked by comparison?

Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 8:32

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Which would you recomaned, or are they both worth watching/reading? Or is it perhaps a scinario like Tom Clancey's 'Patriot Games' where the book was great and the movie sucked by comparison?
More like Space 2010. The movie took too many liberties and deleted scenes from the book and added scenes that were not there.

Better to read it first since the book is Non-Fiction study of Zombies in a story format, then see the movie to add to the imagination. Despite the added/deleted scenes, the movie was made to look like a Horror-Fiction though it was a documentary.

Spoiler 1: This happened in the early 80s, where Baby Doc Duvalier was exiled from Haiti by revolution. So a lot of political stuff is intertwined in both, the movie more than the book. Baby Doc took control of Haiti after the president's (his father - Papa Doc) death in 1971. Note - President. The Duvalier's rule of Haiti was ruthless and circumvented any popular vote that was had.

Spoiler 2: You will have to read the book and see the movie.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 16:57

Thanks Elfin, Adding it to my reading list.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 18:12

Enjoy.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum