Free Match Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Free Match Thread

Post by Piero on Thu 7 May 2009 - 16:03

This is just a little idea I'm trying out here for fun.

Basically, my feeling is that there are some match ups among the characters in the babes tournament which would have been interesting to see, but which never got a chance to happen because of how the match was structured. So this thread is an opportunity for some of these match ups to actually happen.

I should note however that there are no match ups allowed with characters who are still in the tournament. If you want to do those, they can be done later.

Furthermore, please don't use this to bash the credibility of the main tournament. I already know the results in such an event won't be 100% accurate for various reasons (popular characters may have ended up against other popular characters early on, people who might have voted a certain way may have been busy during certain matches, etc.), if I tried to design a system that could actually be 100% accurate, it would have been freakishly complicated.

Anyway, what matches do you people want to see here? Let's see some suggestions.

This is a list of the characters that were contestants in the tournament. Those who have not yet finished their tournament run are marked in red, you'll have to wait til later if you want to include them.

Akiko Minase -Kanon
Ami Kawashima -Toradora
Botan -Yu Yu Hakusho
CC -Code Geass
Eclair -Kiddy Grade
Eda -Black Lagoon
Eri Sawachika -School Rumble
Eruruu -Utawarumono
Faye Valentine -Cowboy Bebop
Haruhi Suzimaya -The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya
Haruka Minami -Minami-ke
Horo -Spice and Wolf
Iriya Kana -Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
Kaname Chidori -Full Metal Panic
Kotomi Ichinose -Clannad
Kurumu -Rosario + Vampire
Lucy -Elfen Lied
Mai Tokiha -Mai-HiME
Mana Tatsumiya-Negima
Mashiro Mito -Tayutama
Matsuri Shihou -Sola
Melissa Mao -Full Metal Panic!
Midori Suguira -Mai-HiiME
Mikuru Asahina -The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya
Minorin -Toradora
Misa Amane -Death Note
Mitsune Konno ("Kitsune") -Love Hina
Miyuki Kobayakawa -You're Under Arrest
Motoko Kusanagi -Ghost in the Shell
Nadie -El Cazador de la Bruja
Naru Narusagawa -Love Hina
Natsuki Kuga -Mai-HiME
Nanako Kuroi -Lucky Star
Noe -True Tears
Re-l-Mayer -Ergo Proxy
Rin Ogata -Rideback
Rin Tohsaka -Fate Stay Night
Riza Hawkeye -Full Metal Alchemist
Ryoko Asakura -The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya
Sinon Kouzuki -Starship Operators
Teletha 'Tessa' Testarossa -Full Metal Panic!
Tina Foster -Ai Yori Aoshi
Urd -Ah! My Goddess
Yakumo Tsukamoto -School Rumble
Yoko -Inukami

Last edited by Piero on Sat 16 May 2009 - 16:08; edited 5 times in total

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Match Thread

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 7 May 2009 - 16:23

Could you provide us a list of available candidates?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 7 May 2009 - 16:35

Done. (Well, edited in anyway.) I might also be willing to throw in a few nominated but unseconded characters and even complete outsiders depending on how things go -we'll see what sort of results we get from this list to start with.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 7 May 2009 - 18:07

I don't want to sound like a spoilsport Razz , and I did read through the first post, but I don't really understand the necessity of this thread. Especially if it is going to have the same characters that were in the current tournament.

However, I may be misunderstanding the point of this thread. If it's simply Girl A vs. Girl B and no further rounds (just one shot matches) then that makes sense I suppose. If it's a whole other tournament though with elimination rounds, then aren't we already doing this right now in the main tourney?

Simple single matches though I can understand. For example:

Forum member A wants to see how Tessa would do against Natsuki, and then Member B would like to see how Tessa would do against Faye.

Like I said, I might just be misunderstanding, but if it is another elimination tournament with the same characters as the current one, then I don't see the point.

Just my two cents. Wink

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 7 May 2009 - 18:28

It is basically intended to be one shot matches.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 7 May 2009 - 18:31

rusty-spring wrote:If it's simply Girl A vs. Girl B and no further rounds (just one shot matches) then that makes sense I suppose...For example:

Forum member A wants to see how Tessa would do against Natsuki, and then Member B would like to see how Tessa would do against Faye.

Well if we just spent a week letting people pick two girls they want to see up against each other and then quickly burn through them (3-4 day voting periods), I would be okay with that.

But if we have to go through another nomination process with matches requiring seconds and then we spend a week on each one voting?

NO

In that case, to quote Token Black: "I'm out."

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 7 May 2009 - 20:23

I think we'd actually be looking more at two to three day voting periods. And I'm not really planning to do nominations for this one, though I want to see how we do with the characters who made it into the tournament before we start opening things up to the ones who didn't.

Honestly, this is not intended to be that complicated, and if anything I'm planning to get it started quite soon. I figure as long as I've got a bit of a list to start with I can add new potential matches as we go.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Fri 8 May 2009 - 2:00

I think this is pointless and lame. In the end it'll still be a popularity contest and besides, the characters had their chance. Best to finish the other one.

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
"You treacherous bitch!" -rustyspring (After I pwned him)
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 8 May 2009 - 2:11

The main tournament will be finished (although your post reminded me that I need to post tonight's updates). This is just an aside I thought might be fun to try. I've seen a few interesting potential match ups that just didn't come to pass with the way things progressed. And I'm honestly thinking largely of running along certain lines with this sort of things -pitting characters who hail from the same series or who share similar traits against each other. (IE, running a couple gearheads against each other, although unfortunately I'm not sure we have more then one of them...) Other people might have other ideas though.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 8 May 2009 - 2:38

This idea may turn out to be something pretty good, if it gets handled right.

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sat 9 May 2009 - 23:24

Yeah, I'm up for free matchs, especially themed ones:

Some suggestions:

Animal deities: Horo vs. Mashiro.
(Technically, Yoko has a bit of a claim for this one too. An alternate suggestion would be to do a three way animal eared girl match - Horo, Mashiro, and Eruruu.)

The Key match:
Kotomi vs. Akiko

The Noto Mamiko voiced match:
Kotomi vs. Matsuri vs. Yakumo (this one has to be three way for the theme to work)

Bitchy:
Ami vs. Kaname

Psycho:
Ryoko vs. Lucy

Tsundere:
Rin vs. Eri
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Sun 10 May 2009 - 4:40

0utf0xZer0 wrote:Animal deities: Horo vs. Mashiro.
(Technically, Yoko has a bit of a claim for this one too. An alternate suggestion would be to do a three way animal eared girl match - Horo, Mashiro, and Eruruu.)

I was thinking exactly the same Wink

The Eagle

He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ring'd with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 12 May 2009 - 1:12

Edit: It appears that I had a mix up with the characters list for this match, this match up should have included Kotomi from Clannad, not Mashiro from Tayutama. Please proceed to the next page to see the proper list of characters for this match.

Well, I don't know how well this will work, but it's never going to go anyhere if I don't get the ball rolling, so here goes nothing...

Don't forget that the main tournament is still running, and rapidly approaching it's final round at that.

Free Match One: Characters voiced by Mamiko Noto. There are three of them who were in the tournament, pick one.

Several hundred year old being who can’t survive outside on clear days (no, she’s not a vampire, she doesn’t drink blood –she’s something called a yaka). Because of this, she likes pictures of the daytime sky. Can be a bit of a flirt. Has a thing for a weird flavour of tomato bean juice. Here’s Sola’s Matsuri Shihou.

http://i40.tinypic.com/ztsrr6.jpg

Fox-eared modern incarnation of a woman who sacrificed herself to seal some malicious spirits. Convinces the son of a local priest to marry her after a moped accident breaks the seal holding her and her foes. Now alternates between traditional housewife, high school student, and vicious combat instructor for her husband/punisher of malicious spirits. Uses a massive ceremonial hammer and got her name from her love of marshmellows. Here's Tayutama's Mashiro Mito.

Tenma's younger but older looking and more mature sister. Can read the thoughts of guys who like or are interested in her. Is rather shy, but still capable of executing a perfect one arm shoulder throw under the right circumstances. Here's School Rumble's Yakumo Tsukamoto.

Last edited by Piero on Tue 12 May 2009 - 19:34; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 12 May 2009 - 9:53

Matsuri Shihou

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 12 May 2009 - 10:10

^ Ditto.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 12 May 2009 - 12:50

Yakumo, though that may be largely due to my love of School Rumble.

Last edited by Piero on Tue 12 May 2009 - 19:34; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 12 May 2009 - 19:30

Frack. Okay guys, it looks like I screwed up, According to my brother the Mamiko Noto fanboy, Mamiko did not voice Mashiro from Tayutama, but she did voice Kotomi Ichinose from Clannad. I blame this screw up on my brother also being a Mashiro fanboy in addition to being a Mamiko Noto fanboy.

Anyway, the proper character set for the 'voiced by Mamiko Noto' match:

Soft spoken and seemingly slow girl who is actually highly intelligent. Has a very nice
figure and a love of books. Also has knock out violin playing skills. Literally knock out violin playing skills. (“Her hobby is reading. Her weapon is the violin.”) Here’s Clannad’s Kotomi Ichinose.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8666/kotomid.jpg

Several hundred year old being who can’t survive outside on clear days (no, she’s not a vampire, she doesn’t drink blood –she’s something called a yaka). Because of this, she likes pictures of the daytime sky. Can be a bit of a flirt. Has a thing for a weird flavour of tomato bean juice. Here’s Sola’s Matsuri Shihou.

http://i40.tinypic.com/ztsrr6.jpg

Tenma's younger but older looking and more mature sister. Can read the thoughts of guys who like or are interested in her. Is rather shy, but still capable of executing a perfect one arm shoulder throw under the right circumstances. Here's School Rumble's Yakumo Tsukamoto.

I would request that everyone who already voted submit a new vote due to the mix up.

Since there are still over fourty eight hours left, I will be ending this match at the time originally indicated: 10:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, May 14.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 13 May 2009 - 21:02

Still sticking with Matsuri Shihou.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 14 May 2009 - 13:51

I think I'm still sticking with Yakumo as well... I'm a big School Rumble fan and I haven't seen much of either of the other two series.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Thu 14 May 2009 - 17:37

Going to give Kotomi my vote as a belated birthday present (her bio lists yesterday as her birthday), although I was sorely tempted by Matsuri as well.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Thu 14 May 2009 - 23:13

Yakumo Tsukamoto for me

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 15 May 2009 - 1:41

Well, this has been pretty unsuccessful so far, but I think I'll give things a little longer before I give in completely and throw in the towel. I'll probably use the end of the main tournament as a sort of guideline. If this thing doesn't take off by then I'll know it's time to call it quits.

Anyway, due to the extremely low number of votes cast I'm going to extend the voting deadline for the first match until 10:00 PM Pacific Standard Time on Saturday May 16. This will also be the deadline for the new match that is listed below.

Please remember that you are allowed to submit ideas for matches. So far Outfoxzero is the only person who has posted ideas.

Anyhow, the theme for the next match is Animal Dieties. Here are your choices:

Pagan wolf diety who is trying to return to her homeland after spending many years trapped in the grain grown by a village that worshipped her. Apparently has little sense of modesty, though she's smart enough to dress up when around most humans. Drives a pretty shrewd bargain, although not always in a manner that is strictly honest. Is very fond of apples… and beer. Here's Spice and Wolf's Horo the Wise.

Fox-eared modern incarnation of a woman who sacrificed herself to seal some malicious spirits. Convinces the son of a local priest to marry her after a moped accident breaks the seal holding her and her foes. Now alternates between traditional housewife, high school student, and vicious combat instructor for her husband/punisher of malicious spirits. Uses a massive ceremonial hammer and got her name from her love of marshmellows. Here's Tayutama's Mashiro Mito.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 15 May 2009 - 2:58

For the voiced by Mamiko Noto match, my vote goes to Matsuri.

For the Animal Deities match, I vote for Horo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 15 May 2009 - 9:27

Animal Deities: Horo

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface on Fri 15 May 2009 - 9:51

Piero wrote:Please remember that you are allowed to submit ideas for matches. So far Outfoxzero is the only person who has posted ideas.
How about letting people nominate instead of just limiting it to the contestants?

Or how about matches where you vote purely based on looks? I don't how about others, but most of the time I don't vote because I don't know who the characters are. Plus it would make posting pictures more beneficial. You could do themes for this as well, such as... the character with the coolest shooting pose, or the character with the ugliest haircut, etc.

Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 879

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Fri 15 May 2009 - 10:56

I think I'm gonna go for Mito here. Though I would have preferred the inclusion of Eruruu Sad

The Eagle

He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ring'd with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Fri 15 May 2009 - 23:20

Tough decision, but in the end I'm going to go with Mashiro since Horo normally isn't drawn with such big boobs.

http://moe.imouto.org/post/show/21920/
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sat 16 May 2009 - 23:21

going for the furry, Horo

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 17 May 2009 - 12:13

Match One Results: Two votes for Matsuri, one vote for Kotomi, two votes for Yakumo. You might be able to make that three votes for Yakumo, given that Natch voted for her in the original first round where I accidentally put another character in place of Kotomi but didn't vote in the revised version.

Match Two Results: A 3-2 win in favour of Horo.

Anyhow, I was going to try to add a little variety by indulging my own fanboyism nstead of my brother's this round, but I think I'm going to hold off on that because Eri's recent defeat in the tournament means that she's now available to have a Tsundere match up with Rin.

So, the new match:

Wealthy half-English, half-Japanese girl who uses her ‘princess’ image at school to hide her feelings of loneliness and insecurity. Has a crush on a notorious delinquent based on the sincerity of a confession he made to her, but doesn’t realise he had accidentally confessed to the wrong girl. Can do a mean Shining Wizard. Here’s School Rumble’s Eri Sawachika.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2695/eri2f.jpg

One of the participants in the 7th Grail War, and the descendent of a long line of magi. She possesses a good mind for strategy and is a formidable foe when paired with her servant, Archer. Something of a stoic, but also displays some notable tsundere traits. Here's Fate Stay Night''s Rin Tohsaka.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2382/rinb2.jpg

Voting will end at 10:00PM Pacific Standard Time on Tuesday, May 19.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 17 May 2009 - 12:37

I'm not a fan of blonds, so I will choose Rin.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 17 May 2009 - 14:12

One vote for the Sawachika here. Smile

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 17 May 2009 - 18:18

Hmm... tough decision. Guess I have to go with Rin since I'm a bigger fan of Fate than Rumble, though both are amongst my all time favorite series and I'm a fan of both characters.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Mon 18 May 2009 - 0:13

Rin-Chan!!!

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 20 May 2009 - 0:46

Since I've though that perhaps the poor turnout with this thread could have to do with the main tournament still running, I've decided not to do a new match for the time being. I will also be extending the deadline for the current match until we've at least settled the issue of who the winner of the main tournament is. Once that's done I'll try running a bit more stuff to see if it goes anywhere, and depending on that I'll either continue with or drop this idea.

Still looking for suggestions for new match ideas, btw. (And Whatface, while I have been toying with the possibility of allowing outside participation, particularly for specific themes, I'd like to keep it within the current nominees at least to begin with. That being said, if someone has a totally awesome idea that would involve outside nominees, don't hesitate to suggest it).

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 23 May 2009 - 1:00

Tsundere match up is a 3-1 win in favor of Rin. Hopefully this next match will have a better turn out, since the main tournament has wrapped up (consider this the after party Laughing).

New them match: Psycho Anime Babes!

A vengeful teenaged Diclonius who develops a naive alternate personality after getting a head injury. Here's Elfen Lied's Lucy.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7646/lucy2x.jpg

One of the most popular girls at her school due to her good looks and outgoing personality. Is actually a data entity sent to act as a back up in observing Haruhi
however. Her frustration at the lack of new developments from her subject eventually leads her to develop slasher tendencies. Here’s the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya’s Ryoko Asakura.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6448/ryoko2.jpg

Voting will end at 10:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Sunday, May 23.

Also, remember that you can make suggestions for matches!

Last edited by Piero on Sat 23 May 2009 - 1:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I realised Saturday was tommorow, which was too close a deadline.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 23 May 2009 - 9:47

Ryoko. She's just too cute.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 24 May 2009 - 0:21

I'll go with Lucy.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 24 May 2009 - 1:30

Who wouldn`t like an alien AI in a school girl uniform who is a perfect role model student as well as a crazed killer? Ryoko-chan ftw!! *goes back to trying to instal linux

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sun 24 May 2009 - 2:14

Ryoko has the innocent yet deadly look going, i love it!

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Sun 24 May 2009 - 6:51

Ryoko, no exceptions

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 24 May 2009 - 7:16

Lucy.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 24 May 2009 - 11:20

Lucyyy

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 24 May 2009 - 12:26

Lucy. I'm not actually very familiar with Elfen Lied, but she looks hot. (Yes, I do vote based on reasons like that on occasion. Laughing)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 24 May 2009 - 15:27

Lucy.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 25 May 2009 - 0:56

Lucy wins the Psycho Anime babes match 5-4!

I'm quite pleased by the turnout this round, it's high enough that I think I'll continue with this thread.
There's just one problem, and that's the fact that no one seems to be giving me any new ideas for matchs. So for this round I'm going to run one that completely indulges my own fanboyism. Please give me some new ideas to work with before this round is over because I honestly do not want to be relying on my own fanboyism for two matchs in a row. It makes me feel embarassed.

Anyway, this match up is between the two main girls from one of my favorite series. They're both great characters, but they have distinctly different personalities, so I think it would be fun to pit them against each other. Incidentally, they end up as good friends in the series despite their personalities often putting them at odds with each other. And the fact that one of them put the other in a headlock during their first meeting. Laughing

Anyway, here are the two contestants for this match:

High school girl attending a prestigious academy on scholarship with her sickly little brother. Is generally kind and caring, but also has mild tsundere tendencies. Due to her responsibilities, she tries to act more mature then she really is, and pretends to be cheerful even when near her breaking point. Can summon a very cool dragon/phoenix cross with flaming wings, but given what she’s already dealing with she’d probably prefer not to be a HiME. Also, her little brother gets teased about having a sister complex. Here’s Mai-HiME’s Mai Tokiha.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2545/mai3.jpg

Badass biker/magical girl (no, those character types are not mutually exclusive) who intends to avenge her mother’s death and has no intention of letting trivial little things like “school” and “romance” interfere. However, she’s also easy to embarrass and likes cute puppies. So yeah, she’s both ruthlessly badass and adorably cute. And terrible at karaoke. Here’s Mai-HiME’s Natsuki Kuga.

I kind of wish this pic had a background to it...

Voting will end at 10:00PM Pacific Standard Time on Wednesday, May 27.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 25 May 2009 - 1:17

Natsuki may have smaller breasts, but she still seems hotter, so she gets my vote.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 25 May 2009 - 5:35

Natsuki all the way.

and a suggestion- promiscuous badasses: Melissa Mao vs Eda.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 25 May 2009 - 23:45

LOC -Mao versus Eda would be an interesting match up. My only big worry is that if I ever did a straight up 'badass anime babes' match up it would kind of overlap a bit. But what the heck, maybe I should just do it anyway...

As for the present match:

I have to admit that I actually consider Natsuki more babe like. That girl has one hell of a figure. In addition to this I find the contrast between her tough side and her easily embarassed side absolutely adorable, and I liked the fact that she had a lot of character growth over the course of the series.

However, Mai is still pretty good looking, and perhaps more importantly, I find her to be incredibly sweet. She's one of the nicest anime girls I can think of who doesn't strike me as a Purity Sue or a Yamato Nadeshiko (neither character type of which I particularly like).

So as much as both girls are among my top favorite characters, I'll be voting for Mai this round.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Wed 27 May 2009 - 15:26

Natsuki.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Wed 27 May 2009 - 23:49

MAI!!

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum