OC Motivations?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OC Motivations?

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 13 May 2009 - 15:18

Nachtsider and I were chatting yesterday afternoon about OCs and he noted that Michele seemed "too nice" to be a handler. I happen to agree with him - Claes on a number of occasions has told Michele just that.

As I told rusty-spring once, I admit to not enjoying writing tragedy. Michele and Kara have a good life, but frankly so do all the canon girls. However, one could rightly ask why someone like Michele would choose to join a counter-terrorist organization that uses the application of overwhelming force as it's modus operandi.

For Michele, it's driven by love: love for Italy and love for Kara.

Michele is ex-military, but it wasn't what he wanted to do with his life. Italy did have mandatory military service, however, so he spent a total of eight years in the Aeronautica Militare over a twelve-year period.

During this time, he was assigned to operations in Yugoslavia, which was disintegrating both as a country and a people. When he left the Aeronautica Militare in 2000, the PRF was at the height of their campaign to violently split Northern Italy away from the rest of the country.

Michele does not want Milan or Rome to turn into Sarajevo, which he had visited in 1984 during the Winter Olympics, and which 14 years later looked like the Apocalypse had struck. He does not want to see the beauty of Italy buried under rubble and the people turning on each other along ethnic, racial, and religious lines. It is what drew him to accept Giulio Draghi's offer to join SWA Public Safety to fight the PRF and Mafia.

What compelled him to move from a passive role in Public Safety to an active role in Special Operations was Kara. A man who never really expected to become a father was now handed a teenage "daughter" and he found it a wonderful experience. She naturally shared many of his interests and hobbies and the medical staff made her share even more to ensure the quality of their bond to each other.

He indulges her because he believes that is what a father should do for his daughter on occasion and also because he knows their time together is limited. He saved her from death and he wants to be sure she lives what extra time she has been granted to the fullest. He knows second chances are rare enough and that there are no third chances.

That can be a source of friction between them because Kara does live fast and hard while Michele tends to take a more conservative approach to life. His natural inclination is to reign her in, yet that is tempered by his desire to see her always happy and for her to know that, when the end does come, she dies knowing she is loved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: OC Motivations?

Post by emperor on Sat 16 May 2009 - 1:40

Made me think about the movie Behind Enemy's Line

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 16 May 2009 - 2:33

Motivations? Frederick's motivation....motivations...

The desire to protect those whom he cared for.

...that's quite an irony knowing his position right now in 'The Detective's Daughter'...hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 16 May 2009 - 3:58

Altheus is a professional soldier over all else. Unlike most of the other handlers, he does not question the morality of his job. Whatever outrage or anguish he might have felt upon discovering that the broken child he saved in Bosnia and left with no hope of recovery was now his cyborg, were almost certainly swiftly crushed by his "This is a war I'm fighting, and shit happens in war" mentality. He regards his time at the SWA as just another military assignment that has to be successfully completed, and the perfectionist in him wants to attain this goal in the finest fashion possible. He does care for Liesel in his own way, but is not attached to her. Their bond is that of pupil and teacher at the most intimate.

Liesel is quite similar. She fully understands and embraces her nature as a killing machine, harboring no illusions of a life beyond that of a black-ops soldier. Altheus' professionalism has definitely rubbed off onto her, and she constantly strives to execute her role in a fashion as close to perfection as she can get. A small part of her psyche is apprehensive about death and wishes to be remembered, however, and these feelings have grown since Elsa's death despite her trying hard to suppress them. Barring the current exception of Triela, she has not shared these thoughts for fear of seeming weak, and immerses herself in honing her skills further in order to stave them off. Whatever detrimental effects this approach will spell of her have yet to be seen.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 16 May 2009 - 9:52

When Claes asked Michele why he joined the SWA, he had to lay down a lot of background to explain his motivations.

If Liesel asked Michele why he joined the SWA, he'd need only have to say "So Italian children will not experience what you did growing up."

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 16 May 2009 - 10:25

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - guy's a saint. Doesn't belong in the SWA at all.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 16 May 2009 - 10:44

Well, at least not in Special Operations.

Perhaps that is the tragedy - doing what he does out of his love for an adopted daughter.

Then again, maybe it's a sign for them to retire. Michele has been shot twice in as many months, so he's starting to feel his mortality. Wink There would be no risk since he'd still need access to the SWA to keep Kara healthy.

Or maybe send Kara in for a refit to 28 instead of 18 and they go back to Public Safety together where it's safe. Razz

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 16 May 2009 - 22:06

Fernando and Rachel are probably the most Gary/Stu and Mary/Sue characters of GsG OCs, as they are based on real people- namely myself and my rl GodDaughter. Only the ages have been moved up 20 years in time to make them approprieate to the GsG universe.

Yes, as a child, Rachel has been through a lot, and I cared for her, and eventually took her in as my goddaughter. She's been faithful to me since though we have had out issues and problems, but who doesn't. The OC Relationship mirrors that of what we had inthe past, and she is often there in the present to remind me of how she felt in those days to apply to the story. The other characters are also based on rl people of the time, though some have had names changed to protect the innocent, others wanted their names intact. Yes- I do this with their permissions and blessings.

Francesca- now there is a mystery character if I ever had one. She is based on my first love, but at the same time, on her younger sister which my brother dated. They were both red heads, but the sister was an airhead. BTW, this GF was also named Rachel (many years before meeting my goddaughter), and the sister named Francine. Francesca's and her history was also complied from the Puppet-toon made by Rankin & Bass- Mad Monster Party and the character of Francesca Frankenstein. Dr. Baron von Franckenstein created her as a cyborg. So she is a mixture of the 3.

The rest, you can do the math on.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sat 16 May 2009 - 23:45

Brandon- take care of his cousin/fratello

Iroh- continue his dead girlfriend's work

Andrew- he's on probation, no choice

Westley- Go big, take over the SWA

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sun 17 May 2009 - 14:22

Antonio's motivation for working with the SWA is sort of a lesser of two evils sort of thing. He works for them to protect the people from the bad guys. Plus, as it will be revealed later, pretty much all of my GSG characters have horrible, horrible pasts that contribute to their being who they are now.

Adrianna's earlier motivations are simply because Antonio tells her to. Later on, she does develop reasons of her own though. I just won't get into them now, as they come up later in Memories.

Cynthia (yeah, the blonde girl that isn't a cyborg) is in love with Annabelle (Adrianna pre-SWA conversion), so everything, and I mean everything, she does is influenced by that one fact. (It comes up later in Memories, but I don't see a problem in letting it go that Cynthia is a lesbian.)

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Angiegarde on Mon 25 May 2009 - 2:09

Well, my first OC Clarissa is driven by a desire for revenge as terrorists caused the death of her older brother and gravely wounded her. She's also motivated by a desire to protect the innocent from harm by killing the guilty as she has a strong sense of justice and honor to her.

My second OC Anastasia is driven by a father/daughter love of her handler and like Clarissa, also has a desire for revenge against criminals in general as they in general ruined her life and killed her parents.

In regards to Clarissa's handler Jack, he shares his protege's sense of honor and justice but he also has political reasons for doing what he does as he hates corruption and those who threaten the unity of Italy.

With Anastasia's handler Brandon, as he was wounded in Northern Ireland by a bombing that left him unable to have children and has seen large numbers of people killed or horribly maimed by terrorist bombings, he seeks revenge against terrorists (especially bombers who he regards as cowards).
Angiegarde

Male

Forum Posts : 133

Fan of : anime

Original Characters : Clarissa

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 25 May 2009 - 6:20

Orazio's first motivation was money. Trying to living in Rome on little more than a medical pension was about to send him over his head in debt. After he knew what he was into... mostly self-preservation. One doesn't just leave a black ops unit like the SWA, unless it's in a body bag. Also, as a man who cringes when he envisions any woman he's with getting pregnant, he's intrigued and disturbed by the fact that he's actually growing attached to his cyborg... so I guess self-discovery would also be a motivation for him.

As for Bao... I shamelessly aped the essence of Hillshire's story. He has no way out, and a strong desire to see his cyborg lead as full a life as possible after being brought back from death's door. Beyond that, he's just the type to make the best of any situation he finds himself in. He'd be upbeat and helpful even if he was stuck in a POW camp.

Guinevere and Alya are both too confused to have much in the way of motivation. Their respective worlds are so far removed from what is natural for human beings to experience that they only know what is set before them. Gwen's long term goals consist of taking care of whatever her latest pet happens to be, and Alya's... well, I haven't established any with her yet.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Thu 28 May 2009 - 16:20

Nyromi's motivation for joining the Chrysalis Foundation(SWA predecessor), was to get back into action again. Although she excelled at being a liaison officer with Interpol, it just wasn't what she had become accustomed to. When the opportunity to reenter combat in any way, shape, or form arose; Nyromi jumped at the chance.

Alpha's motivation for 'joining' the Chrysalis Foundation was the same as any of the girls. He didn't choose to live such a life, but it was something he learned to accept.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 30 May 2009 - 18:41

When boomer and I get together and put that story we as assembling, youwill find out the reason to Francesca's reason to joining the SWA so long ago. In a compilated history, both Francesca and Alpha 'join' at about the same time. We just need to sit down and assemble it.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 23 Aug 2009 - 1:44

Lucas did it for money... and to secretly get back into violence. He's one of those types. Once he realized what he got into, he just did it as a job and waited for the contract to be over. Of course, Terra died before then.

Gino's life was going nowhere. It was more of a "what the hell" type deal. After he got into it, his motivations were... less than acceptable, but he was determined to keep his charge alive as long as possible. Didn't work, of course. Carol died the same day with Terra.

Ehud did it for Israel. After losing his citizenship, he broke into his own government files and discovered that Childville was linked to a place called the Social Welfare Agency based in Italy where the Covenant Reformation Group was based. Determined to stop the flow of arms and vehicles between the two countries, he threatened to kill a Mafia leader with prime information if the SWA didn't hire him. He's the only agent who asked (rather, demanded) for a job instead of being offered one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 7 Feb 2010 - 1:36

Elio Alboreto's entire personality is driven by his father's abandonment. Raised in England by a struggling single mother, he grew up poor, and with a foreign sounding name he was alienated at school. Elio became vicious at a young age.

Enlistement in the military was a natural step for him, which led to Her Majesty's secret service. Once that career was over Elio was left with no direction in his life. he planned on reopening his (now deceased) father's bar, but had no idea where to start. In short, Alboreto does the job because he doesn't know anything else.
Ironicly, he admires men like Gandhi, who are capable of living their lives non-violently.

As for Marisa, she's a cyborg...she'd have to do the job even if she didn't enjoy the blood & guts. Luckily for her, she does.
Mari's propensity for violence might stem from memory shadows of her former life. Living in a filthy herion den, she was starved & violently abused. Next was an orphanage where the abuse continued. Mari's sub-conscious might just be out for a little revenge on the whole world...
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 8 Feb 2010 - 11:54

Hmm, was thinking about this at work today...

Jethro's, as previously stated somewhere else, is essentially a crook and con-artist... and a good one at that. He's sharp and enjoys the mental gymnastics of outwitting his opponents. After being turfed out of the SIS he would probably have been quite content to continue his trickery on the other side of the law had the SWA not picked him up. However, the potential benifits of doing what he does in the name of a government were too good to pass up: namely even more conduits for information and that, when things go wrong, he wasn't as likely to wind up at the bottom of the English Channel with some rather un-stylish concrete footwear.

Now that he's in, Jethro's now got the extra motivation of keeping his Cyborg in one piece.

There is one more motive, but that's for me to know and you not too.

Monty falls into the usual category of "she's a cyborg and doesn't get a say in the matter"... however, now that she's there, Monty's too damn stubborn and proud not to do a good job of it. Of course there's also the motivation to make her handler proud.

Monty gains no real pleasure from killing (aside from the professional feeling of a job well done). She is sharp though, and being around Jethro has rubbed off on her and she does gain a thrill from out-witting opponents. Hiding in plain sight and keeping them from realising they're being fleeced untill it's way, way too late.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5765

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Mon 8 Feb 2010 - 13:20

@Kiskaloo wrote:As I told rusty-spring once, I admit to not enjoying writing tragedy. Michele and Kara have a good life, but frankly so do all the canon girls.
I'm with you on that one. It's not I think tragedy doesn't make for a good read (it does), but there's just a point where it becomes comically maudlin.

Back on topic, motivations:

Laine works for SWA because it was 100 times better than what she had before, which was homeless and without family. Stay a street urchin, or have a job that gives her food/shelter and the chance to have a few luxuries she wouldn't have had otherwise. She started out as a reckless, cold bitch, but now has pretty much grown out of that phase into a more mature and stable person. Funny how her character has evolved (due to never ending retcons) over the past 2+ years from a nearly psychotic 14 year old murderer, to a more sedate and lighthearted 17 year old.

Clayland (her handler) works for the SWA because Laine picked him out of a series of interviews. At the time she thought he'd be easy to manipulate, but now they're on more even ground as partners. Clayland, who is British-American, left his job at ICE for a change in scenery and a huge increase in pay. Money isn't everything, but it can help. Plus, he didn't exactly know what he was being interviewed for until it was far too late. Once he got picked by Laine, that was that. By then he knew too much (dun dun DUUUUN).

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 0:54

Brian's initial motivation was that he lacked direction. He loved his time with the SAS, and it was a big thing for someone who was not only Northern Irish, but also a child born out of wedlock to a hardworking Irish mother and a cowardly British father who disappeared from his life, a true 'bastard' in the traditional sense of the word. After an injury washed him out after five years of service, he ended up in the Private Security sector as a bodyguard, a mercenary, or a mixture of the two. The PMC bubble burst, and then came the news that his ill mother passed away. He was floundering, unsure what to do with himself--until his old buddies Jean and Giuseppe came to visit. The money being offered wasn't bad at all, he'd be doing exciting things, and "working to his full potential" in the service of the Italian government.

And then he heard Allison's story. A cheerful, bright young girl originally named Shelby Mercer who had so much going for her, had the proper life of a teenager--high school drama, potential boyfriends, good grades, loving parents, and so on. That life was stolen from her the moment some beer-guzzling lorry driver decided to get behind the wheel. Brian knew that he couldn't leave her alone, his mother taught him that "everyone should have a family to call their own" (despite the fact that his father ran out on them). Thus, their fratello is viewed by Brian in the truest sense of the word-- he sees Allison as a little sister. And if doing the Italian government's dirty work ensures a relatively pleasant future for Allison (her own involvement in wet-work not withstanding), then so be it.

Meanwhile, Allison, being a cyborg, is motivated to do the job because she doesn't know a whole lot of anything else. Not her past, not her future (save for her eventual demise), just the present, a present that has Brian, guns, and cars in it. To her, it's a good life. She has good friends, a way to earn money, a hobby that ties into her profession, and a precious person whom she loves in more ways than one, as well as a family connected to that person. And she wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited by MP5 on Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 12:30; edited 1 time in total
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 11:44

Francesca's Motivation is in SWA Beginnings- Francesca's Story, Chapter 2, Part 5.

Currently, it seems that though much of her memories may have been erased or otherwise misplaced in her mind by both her conditioning and the amnesia she suffers from, she still goes by old feelings and programming she has. Francesca had lived her life as a run-away and homeless waif in Rome once she was able to leave France. Not much she could do but beg in the streets for survival. How she managed to survive remains a mystery to this day. But now that she has Fernando as a supervising handler and subconsciously for her- Felix's replacement, she can do her best for him and that is all that counts for her.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 10:59

Jay's motivation...right now his current motivation is to be better than Alpha...In that regard, I can only think of one phrase: "When you aim for the stars, you're going to be better off than you were."

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 2:25

At first, Biff’s motivation was pretty simple. When the SWA came a knockin’ he figured, “Hell, I’ve done everything else, so why not?”

Later, as he grew to love Britney, protecting her and keeping her out of trouble (which is basically a full time job) took center stage.

As for Britney (And we’ll just skip the obvious here ) it’s to make Biff proud and one day be as good as the other girls. She may be completely inept, but you gotta give the squirt an ‘A’ for effort.

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 2:45

Technically, all handlers go through with the SWA becasue they kinda have to. They were specially hired, and the fact that they have knowledge of the SWA puts them high on the hit list if they don't cooperate. The cyborgs are just conditioned.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 17:20

@Five_X wrote:Technically, all handlers go through with the SWA becasue they kinda have to. They were specially hired, and the fact that they have knowledge of the SWA puts them high on the hit list if they don't cooperate. The cyborgs are just conditioned.
In speaking for OC handlers, this is not true. To have to do something means to be forced to do it. Even the fundemental act of Breathing- is an action that has to be done or else one dies from not breathing.

In reading some of the stories, I noticed that a lot of OC handlers had a choice in working with the SWA or not, and thet they were approached by the SWA and not them crawling there with Resume in hand and asking for any available position. Yes, like any other goverment job anywhere else, they went through careful screen and interviews, spoke with former/current supervisors, etc. But in the end the SWA made it juicy enough for most handlers to work for them, they were not forced or coearsed into joining the ranks. Here there is a difference.

With Fernando and his Crew...
Katherine and Juanita were not ordered to join the SWA, they were part of his team from long ago, and when they saw an oppetunity to keep the team together, they took it. They are not working under the SWA like Fernando is as a handler, but they are his (Amercian Agency) mission observers, and they do freelance stuff for the SWA. They continue to be part of Fernando's American Agency Anti-Nuke Terrorist Team. In Solution's Resolution, Katerine dies because she betrays Fernando on a personal vendetta, and his cyborgs take action against her to protect him from that betrayal.

Fernando was requested by the SWA not in name but by one who's skills qualify him for the job they wanted done. Right up to the point when he saw his little girl as a cyborg, he was thinking about taking the first oppertunity he could to get back home. Even after he found out about his girl, he still has planned out actions to simply walk away from the place. He is not forced to stay, and this is the point that he makes with them in all the stories.

Rachel and Francesca, though conditioned, were broken out of their programmed conditioning by Fernando. They do what they can for him because they want too and not cause some drug tells them to do so. He respects them and loves them, and they return that fully to him. They are willing to die for him if they have too, and again, this is not the drug telling them to do so. They understand that they are part of his team and are willing to do what it takes to fulfill mission parameters and objectives. They rely on Fernando for their training, and he teaches them well through what he knows works for him, explaining to them that there are other options but this is what works for him. This proves that there is no greater love than what one can give to the other when giving one's life to save them.

In SWA:Diclonius End Game, Fernando showed how much power he has over the SWA by taking action against them in taking away what they refused to give- his rights and freedoms as a free agant he was. Though SWA:Diclonius End Game is not part of the Fernando Canon Universe, it shows what he can do when need to do it. Force him to do things, and he will force things upon the SWA that they would regret. UN Resolution shows this (though not through fault of Fernando).

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sdp2501 on Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 16:52

Ryu, simply through his friendship with kiyra since she was 3.

Kiyras cant say no to her friends, shes tryed to run away but cant find her way round rome. aaaawwww

---/\---
---\/--- If You
---[]--- Support METAL
---[]--- add the GUITAR to your
--/[]\-- page
-/._. \-
/_/ \_\
sdp2501

Forum Posts : 132

Fan of : Rico, Gunslinger girl, Slpiknot, Asking Alexandria, Killswitch Engage, SUICIDE SILENCE, canibal corpse, buttered toffie popcorn XD, Xbox 360

Original Characters : Kiyra, Ryu

Comments : I will drag you. To oblivion, even if I must die.

Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 7:22

Picking this one up again, because why not:

Danilo's a loyal Italian, with no particular love for the Padania. He was, however, already kind of in the fight. His motivation for joining the SWA was what he saw as an opportunity to be on the cutting edge of progress. Now that he's there of course and, to some extent, finally gotten past the rockier parts of starting up a new fratello, he damn well intends to make the thing work, and that intent is part of what is keeping him there.

Gaetano: he saw a chance to take the fight to the Padania, pure and simple.

And, finally, Florentino: he saw opportunity. Opportunity to further his own career, and opportunity to squeeze a bigger paycheck... being given his own toy to use and abuse didn't hurt either.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5765

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Vett on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 12:50

Edward's motivation is pretty simple: Money.

It pays well (or at least better).

That and, after doing similar work in 14 Intelligence Company, guarding the Rhine from Russian tanks was even more mind-blowingly dull - plus there's limited advancement for a commissioned officer if you wish to remain in the special forces community.

Edward's got unique skills, and throwing them away to chase paper and pass on bullshit from above is something of an affront. Lorenzo's a family friend, knew Edward had zero ties to Padania and knew enough to know what line of work he'd recently been forced to leave. As it happened, Lorenzo had an Edward shaped hole that needed filling.

And, if pressed, he might admit that stopping terrorists is a useful thing too.

Vett

Male

Forum Posts : 195

Fan of : Triella, Henrietta

Original Characters : Rebecca/Edward

Comments :

Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 14:44

'Doc', Alan Mayfair, is a 'Hilshire recruit.' A former US Treasury Special Agent, he had 'followed the money' on a case without his superiors' knowledge or consent to Italy, and got caught up in a raid by Section 2. Nearly killed by a squad of gun-toting little girls, his life was spared only because he was mistaken for a member of the Treasury Department's Italian branch of the Electronic Crimes Task Force. Once it was learned how far off the reservation Mayfair was operating, he was offered a choice that was no choice.

His motivations shifted somewhat once he was presented with a pair of young female killers of his own. Horrified at first by the girls' true nature, he quickly grew to love them (the man who can resist raising twin girls hasn't been born). The trio did good work for Italy and the Agency, though 'Doc' was an outspoken critic of Section 2's methods.

His motives shifted a third time about two years into his career with the SWA, when he was diagnosed with amyotropic lateral sclerosis - Lou Gehrig's Disease. Obsessed with preventing the girls from being 'wiped' to accommodate a new handler should he precede them into death, he has begun taking steps to reduce their dependency on him, limiting their contact with him and fostering their skill as independent agents. He also allows the medical staff to conduct experimental tweaks in their conditioning to make switching handlers without reconditioning possible. The side effects of those tweaks are sometimes amusing and sometimes heartbreaking to him.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1888

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 22:15

Giancarlo Rossi would probably love to say that his motivation for joining the SWA has nothing to do with revenge. They offered to pay him a significant amount of money to do something that he loves (while ignoring the fact that he also has to do tasks that he hates and occasionally puts him in mortal danger). Furthermore, by following his wife Sofia in moving to Italy, he is in a better position to mend his strained marriage with her. But the reality of the situation is that avenging his brother Luciano's death is his main motivation, in spite of Sofia's warning. And, for what it was worth, his desire only made Lorenzo's decision to recruit Giancarlo that much easier. It enabled the Section 2 chief to use his knowledge of Luciano's case for the benefit of the agency without giving away too many secrets.

James Bernard also has many reasons for joining the SWA. Money, a change in scenery, money, a greater personal challenge than either the army or private work could provide, money, and money. Oh, I think I should also mention the money. He also dislikes the political destabilization caused by the FRF, making it far more difficult for an enterprising Padaninan financier to buy him out.

The perfect might be the enemy of the good. Then again, so is the mediocre.
PSVT

Male

Forum Posts : 513

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 1:29

Gunther joined as he had nowhere else to go that made any sense to his not entirely sane mind. 
His older brother Lauro worked there after all and being as how (in my fan fiction world) they lived alone in an apartment, with Gunther spending most of his time alone in his room, it seemed logical to him to work where his only known family member spent much of his time and being as how Lauro was in a way an anchor to the real world, he feels a kind of connection to his fallen sibling there. 
At first, his little charge Ayden is nothing to him but the latest experimental weapon, so his interest in her is purely scientific. I'm considering the possibility that in time he comes to view the child as his kid sister, developing genuine affection for her despite his psychological inability to demonstrate or effectively communicate it.
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1973

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 18:50

So, you're abandoning the tragic ending you originally planned for this fratello?
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1888

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 23:24

@Thescarredman wrote:So, you're abandoning the tragic ending you originally planned for this fratello?
Oh wow, in my mind these guys have been to the moon and back in terms of endings, beginnings, and the middle too! lol Luv fan fiction, I have re-imagined Ayden left and right, backwards and forwards, oy hee hee.
I suppose, there is always time to add one of those endings if the tale becomes a might too cheery. Razz
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1973

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum