Bishonen Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bishonen Tournament

Post by Triela on Sun 31 May 2009 - 1:15

With my Anime Character Tournament coming to a close and Piero's Babe Tournament over let another begin! For the girls on the board this is The Bishonen Tournament!!

For beautiful anime/manga AND video game men! Hehehehe!! ^____^

All you guys on the board are welcome to participate, just as some of the girls (myself included) put in our two cents at the babe tournament.

Each person can nominate 6 Bishies. The nominations will end Sunday, June 14th.

Rules:
- You must include a picture of your character, and something about them.
- They must be Bishonen status (hot, awesome, sexy, sometimes girly looking) XD
- No Gunslinger Girl men (Joseeeee) <3
- You can change a nomination if you remembered or found a better bishie.

Let the Nominations start!!

Last edited by Triela on Tue 2 Jun 2009 - 21:11; edited 3 times in total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Bishonen Tournament

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 31 May 2009 - 1:38

Natsume Takashi from Natsume yuujinchou

Fye D. Flourite Tsubasa Chronicles

......wait....why...o well

Hayate from hayate the combat butler

Spoiler:

....Negi springfield......you friggin shotaphiles Negima

Nagi springfield? Negima

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 31 May 2009 - 1:50

Kalas from Baten Kaitos

Kalas, the main character of the game, is a youth who seeks revenge for the death of his grandfather, the talented mechanic Georg, and his little brother, Fee. Kalas is accompanied by a Guardian Spirit, who can be seen as the avatar of the player. The spirit watches over Kalas and his party. Kalas occasionally addresses the spirit by turning toward the screen and asking him/her to make a decision. Kalas also has only one Wing of the Heart. He is seen as being tainted because of his deformity. Kalas' grandfather created him a Winglet so he could have two wings.

Link from Twilight Princess

Link is a teenage farm boy leading a fairly normal life in a pastoral village until two of his friends, Colin and Ilia, are kidnapped by monsters. During his journey to rescue them, Link discovers that the entire kingdom of Hyrule has been covered by a dark twilight, in which most people are reduced to nothing more than spirits. However, Link is transformed into a feral wolf upon entering the twilight. While in this form, he is aided by Midna, an imp-like creature, and eventually cleanses the land from the twilight. Yet, in his attempt to save his friends, Link discovers an even greater evil only he can stop.

Karasu from Yu Yu Hakusho

Karasu is a demon defeated by the Toguro brothers several years before the series. He is calm and collected, though he is very sadistic. He can create explosives, and can even use his demon energy to cause objects to explode without contact. He says he loves Kurama and wants to kill him because of it.

Umeda Hokuto from Hana-Kimi.

Spoiler:
Hokuto is the school doctor at an all boys school. He is one of the only people that knows Mizuki (the main character) is a girl. Mizuki often tells him her troubles and seeks him out for advice. Hokuto acts as a mentor and older brother to her. He is gay, and his love life with and old schoolmate, Ryoichi Kijima, is shrouded in mystery. Hokuto is a very nice person, but has short tempters with people he can't stand.

Dark Magician from Yu-Gi-Oh

A Level 7 Monster Card that can be obtained through Yugi's Starter Deck and spellcaster-themed decks. Yugi often uses the Dark Magician against various foes, making it his signature monster card. Dark Magician was once a real person back in ancient Egypt. His name was Mahado. He game his life to protect his Pharaoh and became the Dark Magician to serve and protect his master forever.

Last edited by Triela on Tue 2 Jun 2009 - 21:22; edited 1 time in total

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 31 May 2009 - 1:58

whats next hottest admin thread?

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 31 May 2009 - 2:50

Aw, what the heck, I'll bite.

Alto Saotome from Macross Frontier

High school student/pilot trainee who feels cooped up on the Frontier colony ship because the sky "ends at 2000 feet." His ambition is to pilot Valkyries, and he gets a chance to do so when the colony comes under attack and he ends up as part of mercenary companys SMS' Skull squadron. Is pretty enough that a girl actually mistook him for another girl when she saw him changing his shirt from behind. His looks have earned him the nickname "hime" (roughly translating as "princess"), a fact that he is rather touchy about. Though it he's really that angry about it maybe he should stop wearing his hair in such a long ponytail...

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 31 May 2009 - 10:18

Only 5? I can't go on a hunting spree. Grrr. Hissy fit

Yoko Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
A powerful fox demon with the power to manipulate plants. He was a feared demon until he got chased into the body of an unborn baby from a human mother. Despite his desire to return to Makai, the mother's love leads Kurama to stay by her side instead.

Momiji Sohma (Fruits Basket)
A cursed Sohma who turns into a rabbit whenever hugged by a girl. Momiji is a year younger than Yuki and Kyo with a playful and mature personality. He likes eating sweets and goes to school in the girl's version of the high school uniform (wearing shorts).

Syaoran Li (Card Captor Sakura)
A descendant of Clow Card creator Clow Reed who becomes Sakura Kinomoto's rival in persuing the 52 magical Clow Cards. He finds himself strangely drawn to Sakura's crush, Yukito, and would later become a friend and potential love interest for Sakura.

Van Fanel (Escaflowne)
The prince of Fanelia whose dragon hunting leads him to one day come to our world and encounter high schooler Hitomi Kanzaki. He becomes the pilot for the guymalef (mecha) known as Escaflowne and relies on Hitomi's psychic abilities to aid him in his battle with the Zaibach Empire.

Yuki Sohma (Fruits Basket)
A cursed Sohma who turns into a Rat whenever hugged by a girl or when his body becomes too weak. He's a class rep in the school student council who becomes drawn to the kindness of Tohru Honda, the first outsider who came to accept him. Yuki is skilled in the martial arts and has a "secret base" where he grows his own garden. He is also in a rivalry with Kyo whose desire to be with the Sohmas disgusts Yuki, who is trying to live a life free from the clan.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan on Sun 31 May 2009 - 11:41

Argh Tsundere nominated Fye already.... Razz

Mhhhh.....

Tamaki Suoh

Spoiler:
Tamaki Suoh, age 17, is a second-year student at Ouran High School and the founder and president of the Host Club.

While flamboyant and narcissistic , he is dedicated to his duties as a host. He is the Prince type to "entertain" customers. He is partial to classic piano music and plays exceedingly well. Tamaki can be viewed as outspoken and naive for his age, especially since he only views himself as an obsessive father figure to Haruhi, when in reality he's in love with her.
Tamaki is half-Japanese and half-French, and lives with his father, the wealthy superintendent of Ouran Academy. Towards the ending , Tamaki finally realizes that he is in love with Haruhi (not as her 'father' but as a man.)

Seishiro Sakurazuka

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seishiro_Sakurazuka

Miles Edgeworth

http://www.court-records.net/chara-edgeworth.htm

Roy Mustang ^_^;;;;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Mustang

Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 31 May 2009 - 12:24

Triela wrote:Rules:
- No Gunslinger Girl men (Joseeeee) <3
awww.... *deflates*

Spoiler:

Muh-m-muhahahaha!

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 31 May 2009 - 14:36

remember that guy from gundam00 ...yeah the one with the glasses and purple hair that we always thought was a girl..

tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 31 May 2009 - 14:43

Next one is an interesting case. He's not what I would generally consider a Bishonen, but I've met at least two girls who have remarked that he's hot. Laughing

Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic

Socially inept teenage soldier working for the secretive paramilitary organisation known as Mithril. He's of Japanese descent, but due to rather unique circumstances he ended up spending many of his formative years in conflict zones. Therefore, when Mithril needs an operative to go undercover to protect a Japanese high school girl, he seems like the perfect choice, as he's the right age, right ethnicity, and a complete badass. The only problem is that he has absolutely no idea how to behave in normal society and views everything as a potential threat to his mission primary. His lame excuses for his presence also initially lead his mission primary to believe that he is stalking her (since she was not supposed to known that she was being guarded).

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 31 May 2009 - 15:05

Piero wrote:Next one is an interesting case. He's not what I would generally consider a Bishonen, but I've met at least two girls who have remarked that he's hot. Laughing

Tessa and Kaname don't count, Piro. Razz

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 31 May 2009 - 15:06

no

not bishounen enough

tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 31 May 2009 - 15:14

The only one that isn't bishonen enough is Syaoran Li from Card Captor Sakura and idk if Miles Edgeworth is considered bishonen either... However Momiji from Fruits Basket is fine.

Look at him when he's older! <3

I'm surprised no video game character are being nominated, like Marth, and Final Fantasy Characters. Maybe Cheru can do that. Razz

Last edited by Triela on Sun 31 May 2009 - 15:49; edited 1 time in total

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 31 May 2009 - 15:34

Kiskaloo wrote:
Piero wrote:Next one is an interesting case. He's not what I would generally consider a Bishonen, but I've met at least two girls who have remarked that he's hot. Laughing

Tessa and Kaname don't count, Piro. Razz

Har har. These were real girls who are part of a couple of real life anime clubs I've been involved in. I've also encountered commentary online indicating that Sousuke has fans there as well.

Actually, I can think of more girls who have told me that Sousuke is hot then I can think of girls who have told me that Kurz -who is actually supposed to be a pretty boy- is hot. (Although I'll probably nominate Kurz as well...)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 31 May 2009 - 15:48

Well this is my veiw on him.

I think he's pretty hot. XD

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 31 May 2009 - 16:22

Haha, I can think of a few...

Satoshi (Hikari) Hiwatari from D.N.Angel

Satoshi Hiwatari is the police commander in charge of capturing Dark Mousy, Phantom Thief. Extremely
intelligent, Satoshi graduated from high school at the age of eight, and obtained a college degree at the age of 13. He enrolled in Daisuke Niwa's middle school in order to be closer to him, who is Dark's alter ego. Much as Daisuke houses the soul of Dark Mousy, Satoshi holds that of his opposite, Krad. Krad is homicidal and cares nothing for Satoshi, causing Satoshi to regularly fight to keep him inside. Calm and composed, he rarely shows his emotions causing others to find him distant and cold.

Satoshi is the last heir of the Hikari family, which created powerful artworks that the Niwa family has been stealing for years via Dark. However, unlike most of his line, he is unable to create art of his own, though he can mimic any piece if he sees it once, while Daisuke can create original art, flipping their normal family legacies. After his mother's death, Satoshi was adopted by the Hiwatari family.

Satoshi's sexuality is often in question in both the manga and anime, Krad taunts him about having feelings for Daisuke. In the anime adaption, it is hinted that he has feelings for Risa Harada.

Zero Kiryuu from Vampire Knight (big pic)

Spoiler:

Zero Kiryu is one of the male protagonists of Vampire Knight. Yuuki's close friend and the only other Cross Academy Guardian, Zero descends from a noted family of vampire hunters and was trained to be a Vampire Hunter by Toga Yagari. Zero carries an anti-vampire gun named "Bloody Rose," given to him by Kaien Cross. His powers include accelerated healing, vampire detection, ability to withstand pureblood compulsion and most recently the ability to manipulate vines within his body that are an extension of the Bloody Rose.

Four years ago, Zero was taken in by Kaien Cross as the sole survivor of a murderous attack on his family by Shizuka Hio. Zero was bitten during the attack and spent the last four years resisting the transformation into a vampire. Due to the attack, Zero developed a deep hatred and distrust of vampires. He kept his secret even from Yuuki until bloodlust overwhelmed him and he bit her. Filled with self-loathing, Zero attempts to run away but is stopped by Yuuki, who
reluctantly pledges to kill Zero should he fall to Level E. Zero's body rejects the blood tablets used to sate a vampire's thirst and Yuuki convinces Zero to continue drinking her blood in place of them.

Spoiler:
I was tempted to use this pic... *dies*

The wizard Howell "Howl" Jenkins Pendragon from Howl's Moving Castle

Howl is a wizard in the land of Ingary and he has several aliases in Ingary: he is known as Wizard Howl in Market Chipping, Wizard Pendragon in the capital Kingsbury, and Jenkin the Sorcerer in lower-class Porthaven. Howl's original name is the similarly pronounced Howell. He lives in a moving castle, powered by a fire demon named Calcifer. He has an apprentice named Michael Fisher (in the anime, Markl) and was apprenticed to Mrs. Pentstemmon (anime; Mrs. Suliman).

Last edited by TwistedRose on Sun 31 May 2009 - 18:04; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 31 May 2009 - 17:52

Triela wrote:The only one that isn't bishonen enough is Syaoran Li from Card Captor Sakura

Then allow me to nominate another CCS bishounen. Razz

Yukito Tsukishiro
Yukito is a high school student who is Sakura Kinomoto's crush and a close friend of Sakura's brother, Touya. A cheerful, friendly guy who is quite athletic and always has a large appetite. In reality, he's a false form for the Moon Guardian of the Clow Cards, Yue.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 31 May 2009 - 18:22

Kurz Weber from Full Metal Panic

Sousuke's squadmate and a crack shot with a sniper rifle. He is exceptionally good looking and is supposedly a former magazine model. He is also also a lecher and a massive pervert. He regularly suffers abuse from his superior officer (one Sergeant Major Melissa Mao) due to his tendency to hit on her. One wonders if he has a masochist streak. He is also apparently not above going after high school girls, as he has demonstrated several times, one of the most prominent being when he had to temporarily take over Sousuke's mission to protect Kaname.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Mon 1 Jun 2009 - 4:23

Yay! Triela started the Bishie tourney! Very Happy

Okay, I'll nominate some:

Tieria from Gundam 00 (noticed Tsun mentioned a description already)

From Wiki: Gundam Meister
of the heavily armored Gundam Virtue and its successor unit, the Seravee Gundam, Tieria treats Veda's orders with high regard, valuing the mission above all other issues; he is also able to independently access Veda directly. As a result of his arrogance and cold attitude towards others, his relationship with the other Gundam Meisters got off a rocky start, but later learns to care for the other Meisters.

Kyoya Ootori from Ouran High Host Club

From Wiki: Kyoya Ootori, age 17, is a second-year student at Ouran High School and the cunning sly vice-president of the Host Club. Kyoya is best friends with Tamaki, despite their completely different demeanors. Kyoya is secretive and intelligent, being able to calculate any benefits that would come out of the Host Club's misadventures. Despite having quite antagonistic traits, the
Host Club wouldn't be as half as successful without Kyoya's uptight resourcefulness. Although he doesn't put an act for the women, he is considered the "cool type."

Shannon from Scrapped Princess

From Wiki: The middle child of the Casull family after Pacifica was adopted. He is a skilled swordsman who has sworn to defend Pacifica's life no matter what. He is reserved and calm despite the many difficult things transpiring in the Casull sibling's lives. He is Raquel's younger
brother and Pacifica's older foster brother. He is extremely devoted to his little sister, though they do bicker a lot. He protects her without a second thought.

Yagami Arian from Mars Daybreak

Yagami is a coldly efficient mecha pilot. He has affection for his crewmates, but doesn't like to show it. Despite his stoic nature, also enjoys practical jokes. He is also known as "the reaper because of the many RBs he destroyed, and coldy efficent way he operates.

I noticed 3/4 I nominated have glasses. Guess I like bishie with glasses. XD

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
"You treacherous bitch!" -rustyspring (After I pwned him)
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan on Mon 1 Jun 2009 - 15:03

Triela wrote:idk if Miles Edgeworth is considered bishonen either...

I'm surprised no video game character are being nominated

He isn´t?
Spoiler:

Actually he is a video game character...he´s from Phoenix Wright........

Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 1 Jun 2009 - 21:33

Yay, Kyoya! =) Lol, lots of Ouran guys being nominated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino on Mon 1 Jun 2009 - 21:55

Here is my line up: I gave Wikipedia links but BEWARE OF SPOILERS!
Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Strife
Old:
New:
Bad pics I know but bear with me...
Edward Elrick from Full Metal Alchemist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_elrick

Baltheir from Final Fantasy XII
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balthier#Balthier

And... Joey Wheeler from Yu Gi Oh xD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Wheeler

Charming picture huh?

I might come up with a few more. <3

I've pretty much come to the realization that I'm white trash. I'm ok with that though. Very Happy
Cherubino

Female

Forum Posts : 457

Fan of : Opera, Gun sports, antique guns, Final Fantasy

Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 1 Jun 2009 - 23:07

Darnit Cheru!! Now I have to change one of my nominations. Vincent and Reno NEED to be in this tournament!! XD

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino on Tue 2 Jun 2009 - 20:49

Triela wrote:Darnit Cheru!! Now I have to change one of my nominations. Vincent and Reno NEED to be in this tournament!! XD
How many nominations can I give? I am willing to add Reno....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_(Final_Fantasy_VII)#Reno
He is pretty kinky... And I'll be damned if you wouldn't end up doing him.

I've pretty much come to the realization that I'm white trash. I'm ok with that though. Very Happy
Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 2 Jun 2009 - 21:06

... I guess we could add one more nomination... Alright people I need 6 nominations, it's no longer 5. An even number is the best thing to have.

And you can change your nomination if you remembered, or come up with a better bishie.

I'm not sure wether I want to nominate Vincent, Shigure, Kurama, Dee, Hokuto, or Rain...

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino on Tue 2 Jun 2009 - 21:15

So I need one more? I only nominated 5 including Reno...

Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 2 Jun 2009 - 21:20

I'm changing a nomination as well as adding another, later, as soon as I make up my mind... I change my Eyes nomination to:

Umeda Hokuto from Hana-Kimi.

Spoiler:
Hokuto is the school doctor at an all boys school. He is one of the only people that knows Mizuki (the main character) is a girl. Mizuki often tells him her troubles and seeks him out for advice. Hokuto acts as a mentor and older brother to her. He is gay, and his love life with and old schoolmate, Ryoichi Kijima, is shrouded in mystery. Hokuto is a very nice person, but has short tempters with people he can't stand.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 2 Jun 2009 - 21:21

Cherubino wrote:So I need one more? I only nominated 5 including Reno...

Yup. I'm hoping you'll nominate Vincent. XD But do what you want. I'm thinking about nominating Dee...

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 0:06

My Last nomination is...

Wanderer from Shadow of the Colossus

Indication of his bravery:

Wanderer is a young man who goes to a sacred land to bring his love back from death. In order t do so he must kill 16 Colossi, most of which are 30 feet tall or more. Wanderer's only companion is his faithful horse named Agro, who rides into battle with his master through thick and thin.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 16:33

Alright, I guess I'll nominate someone myself.

Köinzell from Übel Blatt
True/spoiler name:
Spoiler:
Ascheriit

Well, there isn't much I can say about this guy without spoiling a lot of the story. All I can say is that he's a human-fairy hybrid who is ridiculously skilled and strong with a sword. His main goal in the series is to kill the "Seven Heroes" of Szaalenden for some very personal reasons.

This is a very good series, if you haven't heard of it till now I suggest you pick it up and read.

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 17:39

Hahaha! These are your bishies!? And here I had a bucket ready. Well if this is all it is, I may as well nominate some.

Pit from Kid Icarus

A young angel who is an ace shot with a bow. Well know from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Akabara Strauss from The Record of a Fallen Vampire

A 3000 year old vampire king who threw away his country to search for his queen after she had been sealed away. After a 1000 years of fighting dhampirs, he still has yet to find her. He is extremely powerful and intelligent, and can come up with battle plans in an instant. He always keeps a cool complexion even while fighting in the midst of chaos. More details here.

Amakusa Natsuhiko from M to N no Shōzō

Spoiler:
A complete narcissist. He usually wears glasses to cover up his features. He does this, not because he's embarrassed, but because if he sees his own reflection he begins uncontrollably obsessing over his good looks. This only ends if he's jostled by a sudden noise or bump. Afraid others will discover his secret, he generally avoids people, though this results in him only having a couple of friends. He begins working to overcome his narcissism after he starts to unconsciously fall in love with a girl that is his closest friend.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino on Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 20:22

OK so... Here is my final nomination...

Lyude from Baten Katios: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

Well since Wikipedia has a HORRIBLE entry for my Lyude I shall whip one up for us. And maybe I'll do the same for my other nominations.

Lyude is the son of a well off and influential Lieutenant for the Empire's army. Lyude however, unlike his brother, sister and father, has a will and a conscience and refused a direct order to attack a mining town that his nanny was from. As such he was exiled as an ambassador to the island of Diadem. Lyude is quiet and well mannered. He is honest, gentle and kind. He also a bit of a musician as his attacks are named after musical terms such as "crescendo" and "intermezzi" and his guns are named after brass instruments.

Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Sat 13 Jun 2009 - 0:07

Last 2 nominees for me:

Tezuka Kunimitsu from Prince of Tennis

From Wiki: Tezuka is the captain of the tennis club and a third year student at
Seishun Academy. Tezuka is serious
about everything he does, and he is very strict — one of his trademark
phrases is "Don't let your guard down." With his all-around tennis style and advanced techniques, Tezuka is considered to be a National-level tennis player by many of the other characters. He encourages the series protagonist, Ryoma Echizen to develop his own style of tennis, leading the latter to consider him to be both a mentor and a rival.

Miroku from Inuyasha

From Wiki: Miroku is a buddhist monk who travels the countryside performing services such as exorcisms and
demon exterminations, although sometimes he deliberately falsifies
these to earn comfortable rewards. Miroku can attack enemies with his
holy staff and sutra scrolls, but his greatest weapon, the Wind Tunnel
embedded in the palm of his hand, is also a hereditary curse originally
inflicted by Naraku upon Miroku's grandfather Miyatsu. The Wind Tunnel
sucks in almost anything in its path and is a powerful weapon against
demons; however, it grows larger with increasing use, so that Miroku's
grandfather and father were eventually consumed by their own Wind
Tunnels. Miroku hopes to break the curse by killing Naraku.

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
"You treacherous bitch!" -rustyspring (After I pwned him)
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 19 Jun 2009 - 20:58

This is kind of baffling for me. When you say bishounen, I'm thinking of beautiful looking young boys under the age of 18. But I'm seeing folks nominating older attractive guys obviously over the legal age which I would consider biseinen. Does this seem kind of odd or am I just spouting crazy talk? Razz

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 0:40

Ggultra2764 wrote:This is kind of baffling for me. When you say bishounen, I'm thinking of beautiful looking young boys under the age of 18. But I'm seeing folks nominating older attractive guys obviously over the legal age which I would consider biseinen. Does this seem kind of odd or am I just spouting crazy talk? Razz
Bishounen typically doesn't refer to children - usually to late teens through late 20s/early 30s. Same for Bishoujo. I've never heard of such a thing as a biseinen. I would think such a term would be used for a middle aged man who still looks youthfully attractive.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 10:27

You might think again after reading the Wikipedia article on bishounen, though I'll admit I messed up on the proper term for an attractive older man. Razz

Some non-Japanese, especially American, anime and manga fans use the term to refer to any handsome male character regardless of age, or any homosexual character.[8] In the original Japanese, however, bishōnen applies only to boys under 18. For those older, the word bidanshi, literally "handsome man" is used. In the place of bishōnen, some fans prefer to use the slightly more sexually neutral bishie (also spelled as bishi) or bijin, but these terms remain less common.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 23:01

Hmm, my bad. I guess I'm only familiar with the American usage.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 22 Jun 2009 - 0:00

Well I think almost all the guys that were nominated qualify in the beautiful men category. ^_^

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 22 Jun 2009 - 1:18

It may not be quite the correct definition, but I tend to just consider Bishounen to basically mean the same thing as the English term 'pretty boy.' So generally speaking young characters, but not necessarily adolescents.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 20 Jul 2009 - 21:50

Looks like this needs a bump... and an update. I'm gonna do the paper in hat thing again.

I'll put up the list when I'm done in like 10 minutes. ^_^ Then we can get this tournament STARTED!!! >o<

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 20 Jul 2009 - 22:12

Negi
Kyoya
Hayate

Alto Saotome
Yagami
Dark Magician

Natsume Takashi
Pit
Umeda Hokuto

Van Fanel
Link
Satoshi

Tamaki
Miroku
Tezuka

Kurz Weber
Yukito
Miles

Tieria
Cloud
Amakusa

Nagi
Ed
Karasu

Shannon
Kalas
Koinzell

Roy
Reno
Lyude

Fye
Yoko Kurama
Seishiro

Akabara
Wanderer
Sousuke

Zero
Howl
Joey

Baltheir
Momiji
Yuki

There you have it! 3 will be posted at a time. I'd better get started!!!! ^____^

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum