Gunslinger Girl: Live

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gunslinger Girl: Live

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 11:58

Danjo3 wrote:Maybe along with bottomless pockets we can also say we have access to a time machine. Laughing
Wouldn't that be great!
Go back to V11 and kill Dante during his rally, and go back to V9 and get Marco/Angie out before the truck bomb explodes!

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 0:11

I offer Gene Hackman and Anthony Hopkins.

emperor

Forum Posts : 1637

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 2:31

emperor wrote:I offer Gene Hackman and Anthony Hopkins.
What parts did you have in mind for them?

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Forum Posts : 2609

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 9:46

Danjo3 wrote:

Silvia and Chiara. Incoming!

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10896

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 17:40

Kiskaloo wrote:
Danjo3 wrote:
Silvia and Chiara.
Now why the hell didnít I think of that?

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 1:01

One of them can be chief Lorenzo [ Hopkins ] and the another can be GIS leader.

Now,what you think?

emperor

Forum Posts : 1637

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 1:33

They're both excellent actors (legendary might be a good word) but here again you have the age factor. Hopkins 71 and Hackman 79 (heís also retired from acting).

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Tue 12 Oct 2010 - 3:34

You are all very creative in your selections and descriptions of potential actors and actresses of both canon characters and your own creations.
I picture Tom Cruise as Lauro because in certain angles in the series, it looks like the expression of the eyes match. As for my own fan fiction characters, I picture some one like Steve Austin (Lee Majors) or his boss Oscar Goldman (Richard Anderson).
'Based on the Martin Caidin novel Cyborg, The Six-Million Dollar Man follows the adventures of former astronaut Steve Austin, who is part man and part machine. After an accident, Austinís legs, right arm, and left eye were replaced by bionic implants that enhanced his abilities.
With his improvements, Steve Austin became a secret agent for the Office of Scientific Intelligence (OSI).'

tremec6speed

Forum Posts : 1968

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Hansen on Mon 25 Oct 2010 - 19:40

Well, I've been thinking about this since shortly after joining here. I wouldn't say I've put a lot of thought into it, but I will say I have put too much thought into it regardless Razz Though it's been a while since I revisited this so I'm gonna have to stretch my brain here a bit.

I guess I should begin with that I'm looking at this from the perspective of how to give this the best chance of actually being a movie, so balancing being faithful with adjusting it to American tastes, so I'll be sticking with the main storyline as much as I can. But I also want to add that the fanfiction and ideas here are pretty awesome and would make for very good movie material nontheless.

The first thing that might have to change might very well be the name - I don't know if a movie called "Gunslinger Girl" would really fly with American audiences. Maybe, maybe not, I dunno.

Anyway, I'd think the first movie (assuming that there would be sequels which itself is an iffy proposition for any movie) would probably focus mainly on Henrietta and Triela - Henrietta's story would go from the beginning of the manga to before right when Jose started to noticeably care less (so sometime before the arch with storming the tower and such) and end with the investigation of Elsa's death - in fact the very end of that, with Henrietta talking about Elsa's murder-suicide should be the very end of the movie and should parallel Triela's story's conclusion, which speaking of which go up to the part where Triela runs away in...where ever that city was, I forgot. Obviously there will have to be a lot of condensing too, to fit it all into even a 2 hour 40 minute long movie (which is an insanely long length for a movie. Limiting the focus to two of the girls + their handlers will help too; the sequels can focus on the others.

Chris Hansen

Forum Posts : 40

Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaxy on Mon 25 Oct 2010 - 20:04

I Think I would want Chloe Moretz on the cast, She definantly would fit the bill for Triela and she can seriously ask for a teddy bear this time around. And lets face it she's already got experiance in the Gun toting tween part already.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population
favored careers:dictator, international spy, fighter pilot, politician, diplomat, strategist, airline pilot, private detective, mechanical engineer, ambassador, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin
Plaxy

Male

Forum Posts : 83

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Soliel(so-lŤ)

Comments : I've only killed 4....I killed 10 enemies last month... please doctor don't take me off duty.

Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot on Mon 25 Oct 2010 - 22:21

I honestly don't like the notion of a live action GSG. What works well in animation doesn't always mean it will work well with live actors. Since I definitely can't articulate my reasons as well as I would like to, I'll reference what Roger Ebert wrote in his review of "Grave of the Fireflies", which I believe fits this topic just as well.

"For 'Grave of the Fireflies,' I think animation was the right choice. Live action would have been burdened by the weight of special effects, violence and action. Animation allows Takahata to concentrate on the essence of the story, and the lack of visual realism in his animated characters allows our imagination more play; freed from the literal fact of real actors, we can more easily merge the characters with our own associations." - Roger Ebert

I could just see the whole "girls with guns" concept, beautifully subverted with the anime/manga of GSG, being played tastelessly straight in a live action setting. Since almost every anime I seem to have watched in recent memory was a masterpiece involving children has been some dark, heartrending setting (Grave of the Fireflies, Now and Then, Here and There, GSG and to a much lesser extent, Serial Experiments Lain), pardon me if the whole action-oriented idea makes me feel sick.

I could envision a scenario that might adapt GSG well to live action to make sure this doesn't happen, but it involves a lot of changes, mainly to shift even more focus away from the action. When I think Gunslinger Girl, I think "child soldiers", not "gun-slinging", title be damned. I know there are several live action movies that apparently glamorize the whole "destructive children" concept that I think a GSG live action adaptation will do. I'm not going to list any, but the way GSG and similar works conditioned me to think about a child amidst violence, I have long since developed an aversion to them.

Or maybe I'm taking this all too seriously. I probably am. That's all I ever seem to do on this sub-forum.

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." - Kino's Journey
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Their too young...

Post by xochequetsal on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 4:34

Most of them look way too young to be the Gunslinger Girls. Also, what up with the Fannings, yes everyone loves them! I can't stand them! Just like I can't stand Kristen Stewart! Ok, rant over, but there are probably a lot better actors out there for the parts.

"Being an assassin isn't all that bad, the pay is worth being wanted by all the mafia's in Italy. At least I have the government to back me up."-the sub concious mind of a Gunslinger Girl.
xochequetsal

Female

Forum Posts : 5

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Scarlet

Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 5:38

There's no Kristen Stewart on my list. Never was, never will be. Most of the young actresses I've named are, in actual fact, too old to play the roles by now. So perhaps a new list in in order. Give me your suggestions. I'm all ears.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 6:26

Nachtsider wrote:Most of the young actresses I've named are, in actual fact, too old to play the roles by now.
Thatís seems to be the biggest problem casting a movie with girls this age Ė almost as soon as you get the perfect list, someone's already too old. It has to be continually updated. bang head

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 12:21

So, pick the ones that are too young right now.
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 13:03

I offer the young Marsha Brady (Maureen McCormick) as Britney... Evil
Now, where's that time machine?

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

List...

Post by xochequetsal on Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 2:22

Nachtsider wrote:There's no Kristen Stewart on my list.
I didn't say she was on your list, I just meant that I hate the Fannings the same way I hate Kristen Stewart. Any way I think http://www.listal.com/person/bailee-madison would be a good role for Henrietta. (if she changes her hair like she did for Pheobe in Wonderland). Chloe Moretz of course! I think she would be a good Triela because of her age/appearance, and also her experience with killing movies. http://www.trespassmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/chloe-moretz-kickass.jpg http://www.childstarlets.com/lobby/bios/adair_tishler.html. Another for Triela.
Also, if Drew Barrymore was still a kid, I would fricken cast her as Rico! Oh well. Abigail Breslin for Elsa maybe. That's all I can find at the moment for I have to go to bed, but! My old history/science teacher Mr.Volkardt would be the most amazing Marco! Oh My Gosh! I'm not even kidding! He's tall-ish, broad shouldered, has the same face, and the same tone of voice! Also, Nachtsider, I didn't mean anything bad about them being to young looking. I just thought they did. That doesn't mean that you have to be affended and type sarcasticly. (at least that's what it would sound like in my head when I read it...) anyway, Tchuss! (<---Total German fail)

"Being an assassin isn't all that bad, the pay is worth being wanted by all the mafia's in Italy. At least I have the government to back me up."-the sub concious mind of a Gunslinger Girl.
xochequetsal

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 3:04

No sarcasm or offense was involved in my previous post. It was a genuine request. If I sounded curt, I do apologize.

Lots of people have been lobbying for Chloe Moretz lately. While I agree that her performance in Kick-Ass was good and could be a solid background for taking on the role of Triela, I maintain that there's something about her looks (her facial features, specifically) that just... doesn't quite fit. Can't put my finger on exactly what it might be, but it's there and nags at me.

Adair Tishler is not a bad choice though; one I never previously considered. She did act pretty well in Heroes. Haven't seen Bailee Madison act, so I can't say much about her. Abigail Breslin was my original choice for Angie, but it might be interesting to see her play a darker character like Elsa. And hell, young Drew Barrymore really does look like she might've made a great Rico.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by xochequetsal on Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 22:23

Nachtsider wrote: I maintain that there's something about her looks (her facial features, specifically) that just... doesn't quite fit.
I have an answer! I'm pretty sure it's her lips huh? If it's not than I fail... sweat

xochequetsal

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 7:49

Okay, been a while, but better late than never, right?

Anyway, I could only think of a few people, so here's what I got:

Canon

Jean Croce - Neil Patrick Harris

Jose - Matt Damon

Victor Hartman - Steven Seagal

Amadeo - Hugh Jackman

Director Lorenzo - John Malkovich

Marco - Sylvester Stallone

My OCs:

Barry Dalyn - Eddie Murphy

Samuel Flannigan - Jack Nicholson

Captain Dominika Zalko - Helen Mirren

Lieutenant Colonel Yarslov Khurtin - Dylan Moran

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 15:34

> Jean Croce
> Neil Patrick Harris

wat

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 16:03

Nachtsider wrote:> Jean Croce
> Neil Patrick Harris

wat

"How I Met Your Cyborg Mother"

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 1:32

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Jose - Matt Damon
Amadeo - Hugh Jackman
Director Lorenzo - John Malkovich
I like these. Not really feeling the others.

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 5:39

Kiskaloo wrote:
> Neil Patrick Harris

wat

Jean: And then, we turned them all into loli death machines... true story.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5752

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 6:42

Alfisti wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:
> Neil Patrick Harris

wat

Jean: And then, we turned them all into loli death machines... true story.

Jean: The cute/dangersouse scale? Allow me to explain: a cyborg is allowed to be so cute, so long as she is equally dangerous. Anything that falls below the line goes into what we like to call... the Elsa de Sica zone.

What have I done? Now I'm going to be spending all my time trying to adapt Barney quotes for Jean... Ah fuck! Now I have to convert the Bro Code to the Cyborg or Handler code. Why?!

Okay, seriously though, Neil was the first blond actor that came to mind, and I reckon he looks a bit like Jean anyway.

Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 7:44

I've doing doing some more thinking:

Ferro - Amanda Tapping

Giacomo Dante - Sean Beam

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 9:11

I get the feeling that Ms. Breslin would be better suited to Henrietta's character. She's an excellent actress who can pull off multiple different characters, but her biggest asset are her Unusually Expressive Eyes (which can of course be debated from here to kingdom come), which she can use to great effect.

Henrietta seems to require said eyes to emote more often than most of the other girls, and consequently her actress will need to be more capable of leveraging Innocent Puppy Dog Eyes and other such things.

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

- President John F. Kennedy
Il Direttore

Male

Forum Posts : 1003

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?í -Horatius

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum