"Useless" Firearms

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 16:19

Resent anime fan wrote:
Panzer IV wrote:Useless firearms? There's none that exists as far as I know. There's thousands of uses for a gun even those that are considered 'useless'.

Out of ammo? Use it as a club. Too small to be a club? Then throw it as a flying projectile. Missed it? Oh well, your throw sucks.

Chased by some guys while wielding the Chaucat MG (that's the worse MG)? Use it to bar the door. At least it could buy you time

I think I should have posted it more clearly....I mean useless as a practical gun (not just for killing) I mean practical use like target shooting and competitions.
This is the Gunslinger Girl "Cyborg Central" Forums... Opinions are going to vary on usabilities of gun if one does not explain what is meant by a "useless gun" is...

Any gun can be used for targetting... Hell, bringing back one of my comics- I can say that Angie missed!



Title: Shooting At The Gallery...

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5676

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 20:38

@ElfenMagix wrote:
Resent anime fan wrote:
Panzer IV wrote:Useless firearms? There's none that exists as far as I know. There's thousands of uses for a gun even those that are considered 'useless'.

Out of ammo? Use it as a club. Too small to be a club? Then throw it as a flying projectile. Missed it? Oh well, your throw sucks.

Chased by some guys while wielding the Chaucat MG (that's the worse MG)? Use it to bar the door. At least it could buy you time

I think I should have posted it more clearly....I mean useless as a practical gun (not just for killing) I mean practical use like target shooting and competitions.
This is the Gunslinger Girl "Cyborg Central" Forums... Opinions are going to vary on usabilities of gun if one does not explain what is meant by a "useless gun" is...

Any gun can be used for targetting... Hell, bringing back one of my comics- I can say that Angie missed!



Title: Shooting At The Gallery...

Well I'd like to see some asshole in my range somday with a Deagle then...so I can royaly kick their ass of the shooting range. Most ranges dont allowe you to shoot such things and even if it did I would still kick his ass out of there becuase he is going to be making too much noice.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 21:51

You dont get the comic's joke... do you?

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5676

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 21:53

@ElfenMagix wrote:You dont get the comic's joke... do you?

Not a clue.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 22:38

Resent anime fan wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:You dont get the comic's joke... do you?

Not a clue.
Henrietta, Claes, and Rachel are at the range shooting at targets.
All of the sudden the back wall of the range is blown out!
Triela is out of the tank looking through binoculars at the damage done, telling Angie (who is in the tank) that she missed.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5676

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 22:48

@ElfenMagix wrote:
Resent anime fan wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:You dont get the comic's joke... do you?

Not a clue.
Henrietta, Claes, and Rachel are at the range shooting at targets.
All of the sudden the back wall of the range is blown out!
Triela is out of the tank looking through binoculars at the damage done, telling Angie (who is in the tank) that she missed.

Oh no thats what the big BAAM thing was there. Anyways why does Rachel look like that? I mean she always looks...bored!.
Oh and do you have any other images of her? in a more real look.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 23:00

Resent anime fan wrote:Oh no thats what the big BAAM thing was there. Anyways why does Rachel look like that? I mean she always looks...bored!.
Oh and do you have any other images of her? in a more real look.
Check the bottom of her wiki entry.

As for rl pics of her. No.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5676

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 13:45

@ElfenMagix wrote:
Resent anime fan wrote:Oh no thats what the big BAAM thing was there. Anyways why does Rachel look like that? I mean she always looks...bored!.
Oh and do you have any other images of her? in a more real look.
Check the bottom of her wiki entry.

As for rl pics of her. No.

You should try looking for another real pic otherwise people are going to think of her as another Muffin.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 16:58

Rachel and Muffin are nothing alike.
if you want an RL likeness of Rachel, look up Victoria Justice and imagine bigger boobs on her.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5676

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 19:10

@ElfenMagix wrote:Rachel and Muffin are nothing alike.
if you want an RL likeness of Rachel, look up Victoria Justice and imagine bigger boobs on her.

I know they are not alike, I meant that people will think that she looks just likeyou portraided her in the pics just like Muffin (even though she has a more credible 2nd pic).

I'll look up Victoria Justice and add some boobs to her.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 20:49

Pic of VJ...

Now add 1 to 2 cup sizes to that...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
avatar
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Location : NYC NY, USA

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 20:58

Back to Topic...

A little something in .17 caliber!

It looks so cute! Like what else can it do besides leave teeth marks around an ankle!
(OK, just joking, its lethal like any other weapon out there...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
avatar
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Location : NYC NY, USA

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 21:03

@ElfenMagix wrote:Pic of VJ...

Now add 1 to 2 cup sizes to that...

I see....no wonder I have to put 1-2...mabe 3 sizes more...shes fucking dry!.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 21:06

@ElfenMagix wrote:Back to Topic...

A little something in .17 caliber!

It looks so cute! Like what else can it do besides leave teeth marks around an ankle!
(OK, just joking, its lethal like any other weapon out there...)

Aint that .22LR? becuase if it was .17 than it should be...17HMR caliber??? thats a very fast traveling bullet you know:D.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 21:14

Here's a u-toob movie of it. I cant see it, but what the hey- right?!!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
avatar
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Location : NYC NY, USA

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 21:22

@ElfenMagix wrote:Here's a u-toob movie of it. I cant see it, but what the hey- right?!!


What you mean you cant see it?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 21:42

Resent anime fan wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:Here's a u-toob movie of it. I cant see it, but what the hey- right?!!


What you mean you cant see it?
Dial Up takes forever to download the clip, its not worth seeing.
I can see it when I'm at work or school where connection speeds are much better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
avatar
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Location : NYC NY, USA

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 21:44

@ElfenMagix wrote:
Resent anime fan wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:Here's a u-toob movie of it. I cant see it, but what the hey- right?!!


What you mean you cant see it?
Dial Up takes forever to download the clip, its not worth seeing.
I can see it when I'm at work or school where connection speeds are much better.

Oh I thought you were going to say something like "I'm blind" or something like that Razz .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Awinnell on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 6:57

he is

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
avatar
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Location : Hereford,England

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!


Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by boomer_gonz on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 12:40

A useless firearm is one that won't fire...but then there's pistol-whipping and buttstocking.

Okay maybe there are no useless firearms and that's all I have to say about that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
avatar
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2559

Location : California Republic

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by commanderagl on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 18:46

the only useless firearm is the firearm left at home, when you're not home. it doesn't matter the calibre as long as you keep it on your person, it can be deadly. I disagree about the DE being useless, firstly it comes in 3 cal. 357 mag 44 mag and 50 mag and you can change the cal to fit your needs. Secondly the idea behind the DE is stopping power. a 50 mag hurts a lot more than a 9mm and will put you down in one shot, same for the 44 and 357. a 9mm is not always stron enough to put someone down. this was the same reason the M1911 was made, stopping power of the .45acp.
avatar
commanderagl

Male

Forum Posts : 28

Location : 30000ft ASL

Fan of : Etta and Rico

Comments : Politicians are starting to fear the GUN, not the person behind it.
God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal.

Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by MikhailN on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 18:52

@commanderagl wrote:the only useless firearm is the firearm left at home, when you're not home. it doesn't matter the calibre as long as you keep it on your person, it can be deadly. I disagree about the DE being useless, firstly it comes in 3 cal. 357 mag 44 mag and 50 mag and you can change the cal to fit your needs. Secondly the idea behind the DE is stopping power. a 50 mag hurts a lot more than a 9mm and will put you down in one shot, same for the 44 and 357. a 9mm is not always stron enough to put someone down. this was the same reason the M1911 was made, stopping power of the .45acp.

Ooo I see you're new here. Welcome.

On the topic, yes the only useless firearm is the one you're not holding. About the type of ammo, you'd notice that there's lots of debate about calibre and stuff. If you're interested you can go trawl the forums for our posts.

Of course my stand is that any bullet is deadly if it hits the brainstem. Period (for the guy who got hit, at least).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


avatar
MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Location : SWA, teaching the little girls to kick rear

Fan of : Triela

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by LoC978 on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 19:56

@MikhailN wrote:Of course my stand is that any bullet is deadly if it hits the brainstem. Period (for the guy who got hit, at least).
now that is precision. or volume of fire (which I'm much better at Wink )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Moderatio est figmentum.
avatar
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Location : Northwestern USA. Usually Portland.

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 20:17

@MikhailN wrote:
@commanderagl wrote:the only useless firearm is the firearm left at home, when you're not home. it doesn't matter the calibre as long as you keep it on your person, it can be deadly. I disagree about the DE being useless, firstly it comes in 3 cal. 357 mag 44 mag and 50 mag and you can change the cal to fit your needs. Secondly the idea behind the DE is stopping power. a 50 mag hurts a lot more than a 9mm and will put you down in one shot, same for the 44 and 357. a 9mm is not always stron enough to put someone down. this was the same reason the M1911 was made, stopping power of the .45acp.

Ooo I see you're new here. Welcome.

On the topic, yes the only useless firearm is the one you're not holding. About the type of ammo, you'd notice that there's lots of debate about calibre and stuff. If you're interested you can go trawl the forums for our posts.

Of course my stand is that any bullet is deadly if it hits the brainstem. Period (for the guy who got hit, at least).
Let me twist this about for a moment, then we can get back to Useless Handguns...

If given only one choice of ammo, what gun would you use for it?
.45ACP
9mm

Me: both cases- the 1911. Its a gun I know and fired. Make/Model- outside of the American Arms 1984 Variant (which is rare because AA has been out of business since the mid 1990s), Either Colt (Agent model), S&W, or SiG ( SGR). I know that Kimber and SMP(?) may make better 1911s, but this is what I'm used too and what I know. And knowing is 1/2 the battle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
avatar
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Location : NYC NY, USA

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 20:21

@ElfenMagix wrote:If given only one choice of ammo, what gun would you use for it:
.45ACP
9mm

H&K USP Match or Elite for both calibers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
avatar
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Location : Seattle / Tokyo / Milan

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by LoC978 on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 20:23

@ElfenMagix wrote:If given only one choice of ammo, what gun would you use for it?
.45ACP
9mm
-Glock 21
-Glock 17

@ElfenMagix wrote:...this is what I'm used too and what I know. And knowing is 1/2 the battle.
truth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Moderatio est figmentum.
avatar
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Location : Northwestern USA. Usually Portland.

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 23:51

@Awinnell wrote:he is

what? what do you mean? is he blind!?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 23:56

@commanderagl wrote:the only useless firearm is the firearm left at home, when you're not home. it doesn't matter the calibre as long as you keep it on your person, it can be deadly. I disagree about the DE being useless, firstly it comes in 3 cal. 357 mag 44 mag and 50 mag and you can change the cal to fit your needs. Secondly the idea behind the DE is stopping power. a 50 mag hurts a lot more than a 9mm and will put you down in one shot, same for the 44 and 357. a 9mm is not always stron enough to put someone down. this was the same reason the M1911 was made, stopping power of the .45acp.

ok you think that but like I saud a Deagle is not meant for self-defence its meant for hunting and stoping power if the least of why you pick a firearm should bnot (take in consideration than im a bit druink right now so dory for spelling) be power.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by LoC978 on Sun 12 Jul 2009 - 0:07

I believe the first excuse given for it was that they needed a service pistol in .50AE for Israeli soldiers to stop suicide bombers with on short notice. Not sure why a bullpup 7.62NATO couldn't do the job, but... *shrug* they just needed an excuse to make a 50 cal autoloading pistol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Moderatio est figmentum.
avatar
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Location : Northwestern USA. Usually Portland.

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by MikhailN on Sun 12 Jul 2009 - 2:40

@LoC978 wrote:I believe the first excuse given for it was that they needed a service pistol in .50AE for Israeli soldiers to stop suicide bombers with on short notice. Not sure why a bullpup 7.62NATO couldn't do the job, but... *shrug* they just needed an excuse to make a 50 cal autoloading pistol.

Strictly speaking the Israelis didn't come up with the Desert Eagle. A bunch at Magnum (Yes, Magnum as in .44 Magnum of Dirty Harry fame) built the first Desert Eagle and then the Israelis refined it. Actually the IDF doesn't use the Desert Eagle as its sidearm. Most people get mixed up with the Jericho 941 that resembles the DE and sometimes has the words "Desert Eagle" on the side. Probably just to scare people. Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


avatar
MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Location : SWA, teaching the little girls to kick rear

Fan of : Triela

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 12 Jul 2009 - 2:44

In a bad area a flashy capgun can be all you need
Confusious say big shiny gun scare crap out of pants.

lets see as for useless guns....how bout those one shot .50 cal BMG rifles that private owners get....really...what kinda deer were you hunting with that now? Well that and the fact that they have like 1 shot at a time...there are multiple shot ones...but for a prvate citizen i dont think its nescessary unless you are facing the killdozer. If anything you need a semi automatic one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
avatar
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by commanderagl on Sun 12 Jul 2009 - 2:44

Of course you can just use it to show off as well. it can be purchased plated in 24 carat gold w/ tiger stripe for ~ $1700 more
avatar
commanderagl

Male

Forum Posts : 28

Location : 30000ft ASL

Fan of : Etta and Rico

Comments : Politicians are starting to fear the GUN, not the person behind it.
God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal.

Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 12 Jul 2009 - 5:40

@ElfenMagix wrote:If given only one choice of ammo, what gun would you use for it:
.45ACP
9mm

Answer)Personally I'm highly fond of the Springfield Armory XD line. I haven't fired any of the new XM's, but I've heard very good things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
avatar
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2559

Location : California Republic

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 12 Jul 2009 - 18:12

Resent anime fan wrote:
@Awinnell wrote:he is

what? what do you mean? is he blind!?
Its no great secret that I am... Blind. And Blind by what definition?
I (like my OC, because he is me, just set 20 years younger), have atrophied retinal capillaries in the back of my eyes. This was the result from a very bright FLASH-BOOM accident from High School, which sunburnt my retinas Now, the problem is the healing. I spent months blindfolded watching coloured blobs float about. But the retinas healed, but not entirely. The capillaries in the back of the eyes do 2 things- cool the eyes down and flush out chemical afterimages. My eyes are not efficient in flushing out the afterimages, and I start to get ghosting and white-outs... if I dont wear my black glasses. Yes I have the cane, and the screen magnifier and braille board on my computer, but most of the time I dont need them. I do if I been out in the sun too long, been exposed to camera flashe s or just damn tired. But if I get overexposure to light- and I become blind- been there, done that, will function as if nothing was wrong.

Funny- in this condition- NYS still let me have a driver's license, even though I retired myself out of the system. Big mistake- I'm going back to get my license again!!!

So, blind, by what definition? Some in the Blind community consider me not blind, others do. Very few believe that I exist in both worlds at the same time. Its been an arguement that even SSI-Disability has not been able to cope with Laughing

But, I find my 'handicap' as no excuse for not doing anything everyone else does, in accordance to the limitations of my abilities. And Even then, I say- what limitations- Get Out Of My Way!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
avatar
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Location : NYC NY, USA

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 12 Jul 2009 - 19:32

OH NOES his secret was found..

I still cant beleive they let you drive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
avatar
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by MikhailN on Sun 12 Jul 2009 - 19:37

Or handle firearms for that matter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


avatar
MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Location : SWA, teaching the little girls to kick rear

Fan of : Triela

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 12 Jul 2009 - 21:59

This blind guy with a gun on your side is better than a nervous over caffeinated spyder monkey with a sensitive trigger nail gun on theirs!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
avatar
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Location : NYC NY, USA

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by MikhailN on Sun 12 Jul 2009 - 22:22

I think I kinda understand what you're suffering from. Visual impairment is the more accurate term because you can still see stuff but if I ask you to spot a water bottle 100yards away in the grass then that a no. I know a few chaps like that and they're doing fine with normal life like driving and mowing the lawn. Just that if they want to do some badassry like shoot past my ear to hit a watermelon in front of me I'd chuck them out right away

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


avatar
MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Location : SWA, teaching the little girls to kick rear

Fan of : Triela

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by maverick375 on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 0:41

Elf, though different in nature, it's just a visual imparement like Mik said. How many people with corrective lenses are literally blind without them. ::raises hand:: Best I can do is fuzzy shapes past 10feet and no detail past ten inches.

I've actually tried driving without them once, when the frame broke at work and the tape failed on the way home. Scarry stuff. I ended up holding one half up and driving with one eye.

If the NY license eye-tests are anything like ours here, you shouldn't have any trouble passing again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
avatar
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Location : Ohio

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 4:20

@ElfenMagix wrote:
Its no great secret that I am... Blind. And Blind by what definition?

The only blindness I acknowledge is ignorance. And i just looooooooooove helping the blind to see.

Stars that is. Evil

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
avatar
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2559

Location : California Republic

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 11:57

@LoC978 wrote:I believe the first excuse given for it was that they needed a service pistol in .50AE for Israeli soldiers to stop suicide bombers with on short notice. Not sure why a bullpup 7.62NATO couldn't do the job, but... *shrug* they just needed an excuse to make a 50 cal autoloading pistol.

The IMI sucks at making weapons and the Deagle is one example. The gun itself is not the problem, its the calibers!:

.357mag
.44mag
.50AE
and (no longer made) .41AE.

Are calibers made for revolvers (exept the .41 caliber) the pistol is fine other than being too big.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 12:00

@tsundere9kagami2 wrote:In a bad area a flashy capgun can be all you need
Confusious say big shiny gun scare crap out of pants.

lets see as for useless guns....how bout those one shot .50 cal BMG rifles that private owners get....really...what kinda deer were you hunting with that now? Well that and the fact that they have like 1 shot at a time...there are multiple shot ones...but for a prvate citizen i dont think its nescessary unless you are facing the killdozer. If anything you need a semi automatic one.

No honest man neads a .50BMG caliber weapon. Its just popular culture fucking people up with ignorance. If the .44mag was made for revolvers...then let it be only in a fucking revolver!. The .50BMG is one of the most useless (outside of military use) firearms to have.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 12:02

@commanderagl wrote:Of course you can just use it to show off as well. it can be purchased plated in 24 carat gold w/ tiger stripe for ~ $1700 more

I own several firearm and buyng a firearm for shits and giggles should not be. Firearms are not meant to be showed off they are meant for sport and selfe-defence.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by LoC978 on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 12:03

The IMI sucks at making weapons and the Deagle is one example. The gun itself is not the problem, its the calibers!:

.357mag
.44mag
.50AE
and (no longer made) .41AE.

Are calibers made for revolvers (exept the .41 caliber) the pistol is fine other than being too big.
which is only a problem for some people. me being one of them. a friend of mine owns a desert eagle and has no problem firing it one-handed. he's a 245lb pile of muscle with huge hands, though.

the problem I see with it is reliability. the weird rear-slide-thingy they use doesn't eject casings very reliably, causing jams pretty often.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Moderatio est figmentum.
avatar
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Location : Northwestern USA. Usually Portland.

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 12:06

@ElfenMagix wrote:
Resent anime fan wrote:
@Awinnell wrote:he is

what? what do you mean? is he blind!?
Its no great secret that I am... Blind. And Blind by what definition?
I (like my OC, because he is me, just set 20 years younger), have atrophied retinal capillaries in the back of my eyes. This was the result from a very bright FLASH-BOOM accident from High School, which sunburnt my retinas Now, the problem is the healing. I spent months blindfolded watching coloured blobs float about. But the retinas healed, but not entirely. The capillaries in the back of the eyes do 2 things- cool the eyes down and flush out chemical afterimages. My eyes are not efficient in flushing out the afterimages, and I start to get ghosting and white-outs... if I dont wear my black glasses. Yes I have the cane, and the screen magnifier and braille board on my computer, but most of the time I dont need them. I do if I been out in the sun too long, been exposed to camera flashe s or just damn tired. But if I get overexposure to light- and I become blind- been there, done that, will function as if nothing was wrong.

Funny- in this condition- NYS still let me have a driver's license, even though I retired myself out of the system. Big mistake- I'm going back to get my license again!!!

So, blind, by what definition? Some in the Blind community consider me not blind, others do. Very few believe that I exist in both worlds at the same time. Its been an arguement that even SSI-Disability has not been able to cope with Laughing

But, I find my 'handicap' as no excuse for not doing anything everyone else does, in accordance to the limitations of my abilities. And Even then, I say- what limitations- Get Out Of My Way!!!

WOW...I feel like an asshole right now sweat . I didint mean to offend you in anyway it was just ignorant impulse and if it did offend you I'm really sorry.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 12:09

@ElfenMagix wrote:This blind guy with a gun on your side is better than a nervous over caffeinated spyder monkey with a sensitive trigger nail gun on theirs!

Uhm how do you shoot? you cant blindly shoot right? (tham that comment bang head ).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 12:10

@LoC978 wrote:
The IMI sucks at making weapons and the Deagle is one example. The gun itself is not the problem, its the calibers!:

.357mag
.44mag
.50AE
and (no longer made) .41AE.

Are calibers made for revolvers (exept the .41 caliber) the pistol is fine other than being too big.
which is only a problem for some people. me being one of them. a friend of mine owns a desert eagle and has no problem firing it one-handed. he's a 245lb pile of muscle with huge hands, though.

the problem I see with it is reliability. the weird rear-slide-thingy they use doesn't eject casings very reliably, causing jams pretty often.

Not only that its just...what use do you have for such a thing? a .22 caliber pistol is more usefull than that (infact the .22 is the best caliber ever made to date!).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by LoC978 on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 12:15

Resent anime fan wrote:
@LoC978 wrote:the problem I see with it is reliability. the weird rear-slide-thingy they use doesn't eject casings very reliably, causing jams pretty often.

Not only that its just...what use do you have for such a thing?
me personally? I don't. my friend likes putting holes through trees with it, and it makes one hell of a home defense weapon for him. if they don't run from the sight of a gleaming silver desert eagle, they'll run when one of their buddies has his chest explode... even if the thing jams, it still always gets off the first shot, and with a .50AE, one is generally enough.

so, in short: intimidation. most people who have seen this are scared of the things.

personally, though, I'm no good at that sort of thing. somebody points a gun at me, I take cover.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Moderatio est figmentum.
avatar
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Location : Northwestern USA. Usually Portland.

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Tommygunner70 on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 16:38

@LoC978 wrote:so, in short: intimidation. most people who have seen this are scared of the things.

personally, though, I'm no good at that sort of thing. somebody points a gun at me, I take cover.

Same here. But sitting at range point blank, I doubt that you'd have the chance if you tried.

that clip is a good old case of Hollywood reality's and responses.

That said, look at this:


If you've noticed the first time the guy reloads that desert eagle, he re cocks the gun, but seeing as the slide was in the closed position you can assume that the thing isn't empty that and he only fire 8 rounds at the wall. there should still be a round in there but when he does pull it, there is no shell being ejected.

and in the last scene when he wants to shoot that black guy? The gun is empty. However, after the final shot was fired to kill that Boris guy, the slide didn't lock back like its supposed too.

Facts meet fiction; this one is all fail at the expense of making a scene look good IMO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------




avatar
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 17:31

Resent anime fan wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:This blind guy with a gun on your side is better than a nervous over caffeinated spyder monkey with a sensitive trigger nail gun on theirs!

Uhm how do you shoot? you cant blindly shoot right? (tham that comment bang head ).
Shooting, aiming, and hitting the target is not a issue for me. Go back to my definition of my condition and you will see how I can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
avatar
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Location : NYC NY, USA

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Tommygunner70 on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 17:44

@ElfenMagix wrote:
Resent anime fan wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:This blind guy with a gun on your side is better than a nervous over caffeinated spyder monkey with a sensitive trigger nail gun on theirs!

Uhm how do you shoot? you cant blindly shoot right? (tham that comment bang head ).
Shooting, aiming, and hitting the target is not a issue for me. Go back to my definition of my condition and you will see how I can.

In all honesty I'd rather have you as my back up, then some of the best 'range' shooters I've met.

Yeah they fire guns for fun and are good at it, which makes them think that they are perfect for the military. one sight at a military simulation with whacks slugs and they chicken out because they couldn't take the pressure. Razz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------




avatar
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 18:03

That's the point of Basic Training: to teach people to not collapse in fear in the face of the enemy and incoming fire. Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
avatar
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Location : Seattle / Tokyo / Milan

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by MikhailN on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 18:35

@Kiskaloo wrote:That's the point of Basic Training: to teach people to not collapse in fear in the face of the enemy and incoming fire. Wink
Even then it doesn't work all the time. No amount of training can beat The Real Thing.

How each individual unit deals with this differs greatly but generally they use something in the person's psyche to suppress that basic fight-or-flight instinct. I heard the USSOCOM style seems to be something along the lines of "You're the best and no one can stop you." but this is naturally unconfirmed. Once I met this chap from Spetsnaz (at least that's what they told me) and it appears that they're told to tell themselves that "It's just a game" and somehow they believe it. Yet another one I've seen is to use the soldier's sense of duty to protect as a coping mechanism. That one's overused and rarely works

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


avatar
MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Location : SWA, teaching the little girls to kick rear

Fan of : Triela

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 19:13

@Tommygunner70 wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:
Resent anime fan wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:This blind guy with a gun on your side is better than a nervous over caffeinated spyder monkey with a sensitive trigger nail gun on theirs!

Uhm how do you shoot? you cant blindly shoot right? (tham that comment bang head ).
Shooting, aiming, and hitting the target is not a issue for me. Go back to my definition of my condition and you will see how I can.

In all honesty I'd rather have you as my back up, then some of the best 'range' shooters I've met.

Yeah they fire guns for fun and are good at it, which makes them think that they are perfect for the military. one sight at a military simulation with whacks slugs and they chicken out because they couldn't take the pressure. Razz

You could bring my instructor, he is a dam good shot!. Before being my instructor he was a cop and a soldier (and I know just becuase someone is a cop or a soldier that does not mean he is a good shot) he groups all of them up right where he wants to. He once told me to compete againts a cop and I was like sweat but I actualy won the competition and a chicken too! (it was chiken day and I won the chiken). H tought me well.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 19:15

@MikhailN wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:That's the point of Basic Training: to teach people to not collapse in fear in the face of the enemy and incoming fire. Wink
Even then it doesn't work all the time. No amount of training can beat The Real Thing.

How each individual unit deals with this differs greatly but generally they use something in the person's psyche to suppress that basic fight-or-flight instinct. I heard the USSOCOM style seems to be something along the lines of "You're the best and no one can stop you." but this is naturally unconfirmed. Once I met this chap from Spetsnaz (at least that's what they told me) and it appears that they're told to tell themselves that "It's just a game" and somehow they believe it. Yet another one I've seen is to use the soldier's sense of duty to protect as a coping mechanism. That one's overused and rarely works

Its something that stays in your head though so if its there and you belive that its just a game....then thats it. I'm joining the army soon (just like my brotha) so I'm gana warm up before I go from now on.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by MikhailN on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 19:51

Resent anime fan wrote:Its something that stays in your head though so if its there and you belive that its just a game....then thats it. I'm joining the army soon (just like my brotha) so I'm gana warm up before I go from now on.

I did a stint in the armed forces in my country for 2 years and I still don't understand why people join the army Puzzled. Probably a case of differing cultures having differing views of the military.

Mind you, the examples I mentioned are SpecOps operatives that I met during my 2 years and they need it because they do things a little differently over there. If you're joining as a more normal infantryman then they don't do much of that. Instead they tell you (or force into you) the idea that The Group Is More Important Than The Individual, meaning that the overall welfare of the unit supersedes your own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


avatar
MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Location : SWA, teaching the little girls to kick rear

Fan of : Triela

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 20:55

@MikhailN wrote:
Resent anime fan wrote:Its something that stays in your head though so if its there and you belive that its just a game....then thats it. I'm joining the army soon (just like my brotha) so I'm gana warm up before I go from now on.

I did a stint in the armed forces in my country for 2 years and I still don't understand why people join the army Puzzled. Probably a case of differing cultures having differing views of the military.

Mind you, the examples I mentioned are SpecOps operatives that I met during my 2 years and they need it because they do things a little differently over there. If you're joining as a more normal infantryman then they don't do much of that. Instead they tell you (or force into you) the idea that The Group Is More Important Than The Individual, meaning that the overall welfare of the unit supersedes your own.

Well I will join the army becuase I have always wanted to. I like the challange and getting an M16A4 and M9 also got me hooked. I dont join to fight or to become a brain washed zombie (no offence to thouse who serve our armed forces). What was it that you did in the armed forces?.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 22:25

I would not recommend you going into the arm forces in this day and age.
Regardless of training, you will be sent to the front line as a grunt, and you wont last long in the field. The field training the US Gov't does not give enough for a soldier to multi-task in the battle field. There are thousands of law suits against the US Army because they train soldiers to do one thing and send them out to do another which they were not trained for...

I would recommend that you go to college, and join the ROTC program there. When you graduate from college, you go to the arm as an officer (Lt., Capt, Maj...) , along with the army training in the field you want, and you get to shoot your guns while in training. Plus the money is more better for an officer than it is for a grunt.

Anybody advising you to join the army now is only sending you to a shortcut to death or a hard life if you survive to come home. Do your studying before you sign your soul away, and know exactly what you are getting into before you get to it. The military only sees young guys who are eager to join- like you- as the front line to battle. The front line to battle is the first to go in and come out in boxes. Puerto Ricans make up less than 15% of the total US Population, why is it that they are more than 25% of the Iraq/Afghan war casualties? You really need to think about this!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
avatar
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Location : NYC NY, USA

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by LoC978 on Tue 14 Jul 2009 - 0:43

all I gotta say 'bout joinin' the US Armed forces is: don't go Army or Marines unless you wanna be a grunt and nothin' but a grunt. Every other part of both of em is a frickin' joke (this from an ex Army aviation maintainer).

Go Air Force if they'll take you (their security forces actually have the funding for new weapons, no going to war with an M16A2 like most of the Army). If not, go Navy if you can stand being on a boat for months at a time. If none of the above applies to you (grunt, Air Force or Navy), avoid the armed forces completely. I probably should have.


**edit**

@Tommygunner70 wrote:
@LoC978 wrote: somebody points a gun at me, I take cover.

Same here. But sitting at range point blank, I doubt that you'd have the chance if you tried.
touché. it all depends on the situation. in the one Tony was in, I'd have complied, since the dude had backup... Krav Maga disarms are only worth so much...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Moderatio est figmentum.
avatar
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Location : Northwestern USA. Usually Portland.

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: "Useless" Firearms

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum