Your OC with MP5K PDW like this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your OC with MP5K PDW like this?

Post by emperor on Fri 17 Jul 2009 - 6:08

Any chance your OC will be like this with the MP5K?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Re: Your OC with MP5K PDW like this?

Post by MikhailN on Fri 17 Jul 2009 - 7:03

Interesting but not practical. I'm imagining a quick-draw situation and this doesn't cut it. Even if you're talking about open-carry with balaclava, gloves, jumpsuit and vest a la GSG9 it still can't cut it because it's very bulky and might get in the way during room clearing. Besides, there are easier ways to carry it about like a sling

MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Fan of : Triela

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 17 Jul 2009 - 7:32

Alpha has an MP5KN which he uses in place of his Stechkin when more firepower is required. He carries it in a breakaway holster attached to his rear.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 17 Jul 2009 - 10:07

In my OC fiction, Claes carries her's in a suitcase when in public. On an actual combat mission in full tactical gear, she'd probably carry it in a traditional sling. I can't really see a time for her when she'd be "on patrol" and therefore have it strapped to her thigh like that.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 17 Jul 2009 - 12:20

That is too much gun for Fernando's team to carry.
Mind you, the Fernando/Rachel team was imported from the USA to help with intell and their actions in taking termination missions is supposed to minimal. At best, they work in a defensive level and not offensive one. But they are not stupid in needing to arm up properly if a mission calls for it.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 17 Jul 2009 - 12:42

that looks like more of a 'store and carry' holster than one you could draw from. I imagine it would take a good five seconds to unstrap the thing.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 17 Jul 2009 - 23:41

For some reason I seem to be under the impression that those things are designed to allow fairly quick access (I've come across them before). Without seeing what actions are required to to actually draw the thing and what straps need to be released however...

I'd considered one of these for Gina, but even if it's less clumsy then it looks, it hard to imagine it equalling her P7M13 for deployment speed. And if she's in a situation that allows for open weapons carry, well heck, why not throw her SG 552 over her shoulder and use that as her PDW instead?

On the other hand, the Czech Skorpion machine pistols can apparently be holster carried, though from the looks likely only with small, low profile magazines, which probably limit their usefulness somewhat (plus, most of them are chambered in fairly weak calibres):
http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=107940&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN on Sat 18 Jul 2009 - 2:17

Piero wrote:For some reason I seem to be under the impression that those things are designed to allow fairly quick access (I've come across them before). Without seeing what actions are required to to actually draw the thing and what straps need to be released however...

The MP5K PDW does not have a holster for any form of carry because the forward handle gets in the way. This picture looks like something some airsoft guy cooked up to look impressive

MikhailN

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 18 Jul 2009 - 2:39

There's mention of thigh rigs in this article on the MP5-PDW, though perhaps more interesting is their mention of the shoulder rig "Using HK's nylon carrying rig, the MP5K-PDW can be carried comfortably underneath either arm. Loaded spare magazines can be carried under the opposite arm. Simply thrusting the weapon away from the body automatically extends and locks the stock in place for immediate use. A convenient quick release allows the weapon to be rapidly removed or reattached to the carrying rig."

Of course, not knowing how the thigh rig in the photo functions makes it difficult for me to tell if it has any quick deployment capability. Incidentally, I managed to find the origins of that photo, and it's not an airsoft gun, though it's not a real MP5 PDW either, it's a clone built on an MP5 derivative made by an American company called Coharie Arms. The thigh rig is apparently a Blackhawk Tactical product, although I haven't been able to find it on their website.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN on Sat 18 Jul 2009 - 3:41

Piero wrote:There's mention of thigh rigs in this article on the MP5-PDW, though perhaps more interesting is their mention of the shoulder rig "Using HK's nylon carrying rig, the MP5K-PDW can be carried comfortably underneath either arm. Loaded spare magazines can be carried under the opposite arm. Simply thrusting the weapon away from the body automatically extends and locks the stock in place for immediate use. A convenient quick release allows the weapon to be rapidly removed or reattached to the carrying rig."

Of course, not knowing how the thigh rig in the photo functions makes it difficult for me to tell if it has any quick deployment capability. Incidentally, I managed to find the origins of that photo, and it's not an airsoft gun, though it's not a real MP5 PDW either, it's a clone built on an MP5 derivative made by an American company called Coharie Arms. The thigh rig is apparently a Blackhawk Tactical product, although I haven't been able to find it on their website.

Hoo boy. They have holsters for that thing Guh? ? I learn something new every day

MikhailN

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 18 Jul 2009 - 3:48

What can I say? I have a talent for digging up obscure crap. Laughing

Piero

Male