Motivations for joining SWA.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Motivations for joining SWA.

Post by Guest on Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 12:38

It takes most people a good reason to join an organization like the SWA.

Jose and Jean are obvious. Raballo wanted to rejoin the MP. What about the others?

Back to top Go down

Re: Motivations for joining SWA.

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 13:22

Marco appeared to have joined because it provided a lucrative career and an opportunity for advancement - something he would have gone for without hesitation rather than be confined to a meaningless, unproductive job subsequent to his being wounded in action during his time with NOCS.

My guess is that the SWA gave Hillshire a similar reason for joining. He'd been dismissed by Europol, and would have undoubtedly accepted this second chance - perhaps Lorenzo emphasized his need for individuals with his international law-enforcement experience, while in fact Hillshire was also being picked for his familiarity with Triela.

Lauro was in it solely for the cash. In my Mandarin-dubbed version of the anime, when Giuseppe inquired about Lauro's reasons, the guy replied with a grin: "I am a poor man."
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 14:40

I'm not sure about the two.
- In the scene where Marco is confronted by his ex-fiancei and the reporter/padanian agent he says something along the lines of "It's not like I want to do this".
- In Hilshire's conversation with his mother she says something like "we all forgive you, just come back" so he's running away from something.

I'd look up more precise reference, but have no time now. later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 17:01

I think Macro wasn't aware of the child solider angle. He thought it was going to be a lucrative job where he fought as a highly skilled solider. Not one where he trained a child assassin. That's what he doesn't want to do.

As for Hilshire, I think you have to understand, he's there for Triela. She is an attempt at a good deed, a shot a redemption in a fucked up world. She is someone who needs protecting. She's someone who deserves love. If she is the princess, Hilshire is the knight in shining armor. He'll do what ever he can to protect her. So long as she lives, he'll work at the agency.

Now the question of who joined, and how is just as important. Did Hilshire join, then select Triela? Did the agency get Triela, then dangle her in front of Hilshire? Did Hilshire go to the agency asking them to help Triela? I think that's the real question about Hilshire joining.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive for your next breath.† Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.† Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 17:05

I think your second option is not bad, Wileama, but I absolutely love choice number three, which one can actually meld with choice number one. Those would perfectly depict the 'knight in shining armor' side of Hillshire.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 17:48

Thanks. I agree number two is kind of drab compared to the one, and three. Number three really does seem like it would make a good story though doesn't it?

Hilshire watches with Lorenzo as the last of the documents is signed. Relieved at last that Triela will get the help she needs, and deserves. Then Lorenzo speaks up, saying that the agency could use some one like Hilshire. Hilshire tells Lorenzo that this place doesn't need a bitter cop like him. Lorenzo then explains what the agency really is, and the he wants Hilshire to be Triela's handler. Maybe Lorenzo comes clean when the first meet, and Hilshire just agonizes over the decision. Still what ever the case ones imagination can just run with it.

Strive for your next breath.† Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.† Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 19:53

Nachtsider wrote:Lauro was in it solely for the cash. In my Mandarin-dubbed version of the anime, when Giuseppe inquired about Lauro's reasons, the guy replied with a grin: "I am a poor man."
In my Japanese-English Subtitled Hacked version, Lauro says, "It pays well, and I am going to need a lot of money soon..."

As for the others, its hard to say. Out side of the handlers, most are there for the adventure and pay, although did did not think that they would be baby sitting a bunch of killer-cyborg tots.

As for the Medical crew (Those Bastards!), They want to continue onward with their frankenstienian experiementation and gven great sums of money and equipment to do it with. Sure, their cyborg implants will one day benefit the world, but until then, many years from now, whey will be hawking hospitals for losts kids to do their dirty work with!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 21:41

Wileama wrote:As for Hilshire, I think you have to understand, he's there for Triela.
I agree with that completely. The difficulty is how do we explain getting from (a) Hilshire just saved Triela who is now in a hospital in terminal condition to (b) Triela is chosen as a cyborg, Hilshire as a handler (or maybe the other way around) at just the right time.

I'm still curious what it is that his family might be forgiving him for.

Oh, and volume 3 page 55 (I think) is great.
Hilshire: "Well, at least I have a loyal ally on my side."
Triela: "Please don't say you mean me."
H: "I do. Is that bad?"
T: "Yes."
H: "But you'd never betray me. And I'd never betray you. Sounds like loyalty to me."
T: "Spare me."

I've got to learn how to post actual pages, my transcription really doesn't convery the atmosphere.

I've said it once, but I'll say it again Hillshire is the only one who would cut is as a handler/parent/brother/I don't know what else.

And I love the way Triela is keeping her emotions hidden and keeping Hilshire at a distance because she is not sure of her feelings.

To ElfenMagix: - He lost his fiancey so what does he need the money for? Makes me wonder. He isn't getting to test his skills as a soldier at all (so much for his ambitions) and it's painful for him to as much as look at Angelica so I think he's only stuck with the SWA because of contract issues. I doubt a corrupt/secret/high class organization like that lets people go very easily.

And yes. Medical experiments just make my skin crawl.

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 23:24

Maeco had a problem with his right eye.

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 0:24

Marco was also recommended by Dr Bianchi, after he was forced to leave due to his injury.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 2:01

3klicks wrote:Oh, and volume 3 page 55 (I think) is great.
Hilshire: "Well, at least I have a loyal ally on my side."
Triela: "Please don't say you mean me."
H: "I do. Is that bad?"
T: "Yes."
H: "But you'd never betray me. And I'd never betray you. Sounds like loyalty to me."
T: "Spare me."
56 and 57, actually:

3klicks wrote:I've got to learn how to post actual pages, my transcription really doesn't convery the atmosphere.
You're in luck. I'm in the midst of a bout of insomnia and have a strange desire to put together a tutorial (please don't let your intelligence be insulted by it... I learned to write instructions in the US Army):
err... disclaimer: this guide is only completely accurate if you're running Windows (95, 98, 2000, XP, or Vista)... if you're running Windows ME, make your hard drive into a burnt offering to a diety of your choice.
1) locate the files on your hard drive.
2) go to http://www.imageshack.net/
3) click browse, and locate the file(s) again.
4) click open and then host it!to upload the selected file.
5) your internet browser should load a new page. once that page is loaded, scroll down until you see the Direct link to image option.
6) highlight the text to the left of 'Direct link to image' (the highlighted text being the link to which that refers)
7) right click the highlighted text, and select 'copy'
8 )start a reply in the forum you wish to put the picture into. paste the link into your reply.
8a)repeat as necessary
9) place the code [ img ] [ /img ] (minus the spaces, of course) around the links to the pictures you wish to display.
10) post your reply.

trivia: I uploaded 13 screenshots for this tutorial... 15 pictures total.
ooh, 13... me have bad luck now.
P:
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 4:07

3klicks wrote:
I'm still curious what it is that his family might be forgiving him for.
I think it was just that he went on an unauthorized mission that ended in the death of Rachel and the end of his career with Europol. Seeing as how he was a representative of the German government, he probably felt that he had disgraced himself and his family. His Mom is just telling him that everyone has forgotten about it and everything is cool now. It's obvious she really misses him and want's him to come home.

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 10:40

Danjo3 wrote:His Mom is just telling him that everyone has forgotten about it and everything is cool now. It's obvious she really misses him and want's him to come home.
Oh I can see that happening, With Triela in tow...

Hill: Hi mom. I have returned home.
Mom: Nice to have you back... who is that?
Hill: Oh her, Mom, meet my 'daughter' Triela.
(Since she being the 'mom' how would one explain 'Fratello/Siblings' to her!)
Mom: ... ... ... I see. Come on in, dinner will be ready in an hour. Want a drink, perhaps a beer?
(Uncomfortable silence as they walk, entering the kitchen. Mom picks up a plate and starts wiping it with a towel, before dropping it. It breaks on the floor.)
Mom: DAUGHTER!!! YOU NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THiS!!! AND SHE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE YOU!!!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 11:14

ElfenMagix wrote:Hill: Hi mom. I have returned home.
Mom: ... ... ... I see. Come on in, dinner will be ready in an hour. Want a drink, perhaps a beer?
(Uncomfortable silence as they walk, entering the kitchen. Mom picks up a plate and starts wiping it with a towel, before dropping it. It breaks on the floor.)
Mom: DAUGHTER!!! YOU NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THiS!!! AND SHE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE YOU!!!
Triela: "Chill-out Grandma! Christ! What is it with you Germans?"

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 11:41

Danjo3 wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:Hill: Hi mom. I have returned home.
Triela: "Chill-out Grandma! Christ! What is it with you Germans?"
:lol!:
Mom: She's Not Pure German...? Victor, HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO US!!!
Hill: Mom, I can explain everything!
Triela: Yeah, 'Dad', Start explaining...
Hill: Oh Shut Up You!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 11:49

LoC978 wrote:(95, 98, 2000, XP, or Vista)... if you're running Windows ME make your hard drive into a burnt offering to a diety of your choice.
Laughing Out of all those possibilities... But, I'm an atheist, what do I do. Better go find religion now.

On the serious side. Thanks for the tutorial. Does that mean you know that it won't work with ME, and all hell will brek loose if I try, or is it just that I will be venturing into the unknown reaches of time and space?

Danjo3 wrote:I think it was just that he went on an unauthorized mission that ended
in the death of Rachel and the end of his career with Europol. Seeing
as how he was a representative of the German government, he probably
felt that he had disgraced himself and his family.
Somehow I thought it was something else, but I guess it would be a hell of a coincidence for him to get into any more trouble after going on an unauthorized mission, saving Triela, happening to get in contact with the SWA, and joining it.

Triela meeting Hilshires family posts. :lol!:

Hilshire: "Hello, mom. I've returned."
Mom: "Hello! Welcome back... who's this?"
Hill: "Oh, that's my dauther... I know it's kind of sudden." *nudges triela with elbow*
Triela: "Oh... Yeah, that's right, I'm his daughter...I just look kind of old for my age."
Mom: "Hilshire, who the hell is this young lady, and what exactly is your relation to her!"
Hill: "Triela!!!"

Last edited by on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 14:18; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 12:04

3klicks wrote:
LoC978 wrote:(95, 98, 2000, XP, or Vista)... if you're running Windows ME make your hard drive into a burnt offering to a diety of your choice.
Laughing Out of all those possibilities... But, I'm an atheist, what do I do. Better go find religion now.

On the serious side. Thanks for the tutorial. Does that mean you know that it won't work with ME, and all hell will brek loose if I try, or is it just that I will be venturing into the unknown reaches of time and space?
Did you wave a dead chicken over your PC?
I hear it only works in Haiti though Evil

3klicks wrote:
Danjo3 wrote:I think it was just that he went on an unauthorized mission that ended
in the death of Rachel and the end of his career with Europol. Seeing
as how he was a representative of the German government, he probably
felt that he had disgraced himself and his family.
Somehow I thought it was something else, but I guess it would be a hell of a coincidence for him to get into any more trouble after going on an unauthorized mission, saving Triela, happening to get in contact with the SWA, and joining it.
Hillshire left in disgrace. If his family has any pull to bring him back into any law enforcement work, it would be so low that anybody sane would not want the position. He record is marred with Ruth's death and his last unauthorized mission, no agency would want him, in short he's screwed. What's lower than a sanitition cop who writes tickets to litter bugs?

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 14:18

ElfenMagix wrote:Did you wave a dead chicken over your PC?
I don't have a dead chiken... I do have some crazy drum music, though. Maybe I'll strip half naked, paint myself with shaving cream and do some sort of voodoo dance. (I'm taking a course on primitive religions - it's great stuff)

ElfenMagix wrote:Hillshire left in disgrace. If his family has any pull to bring him
back into any law enforcement work, it would be so low that anybody
sane would not want the position. He record is marred with Ruth's death
and his last unauthorized mission, no agency would want him, in short
he's screwed. What's lower than a sanitition cop who writes tickets to
litter bugs?

That must be true, although Hillshire seems like a pretty idealistic person so he proubably wouldn't feel ashamed of saving Triela.

I completely missed the part about Ruth dying in that mission. Does anybody have a page reference?

p.s. His familly wouldn't buy the story about Triela being his daughter. She is about 15, so if Hilshire was 25 when he left Europol then he would have to be 40 now and he doesn;t look it. Asuming that he got a girl real fast (and he doesn't seem like the "speedy-gonzales" type) and got her pregnant right away Triela woul dhave been 10 at most.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 15:27

3klicks wrote:On the serious side. Thanks for the tutorial. Does that mean you know that it won't work with ME, and all hell will brek loose if I try, or is it just that I will be venturing into the unknown reaches of time and space?
oh, it should work the same under ME, it's just... well, that OS was absolute crap. It was like an Alpha testing version of 2K... so there's no guarantee that doing anything won't give you a blue screen o' death.
3klicks wrote:I completely missed the part about Ruth dying in that mission. Does anybody have a page reference?
her name was Rachelle (or Rachel, in the scanlation... Rachelle is the French form of Rachel, right?)... and... volume 4, pages 170-173:

172:

additionally:

Last edited by on Mon 19 Nov 2007 - 2:00; edited 1 time in total
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 16:39

LoC978 wrote:It was like an Alpha testing version of 2K
Don't even talk about it. The PC I'm using is a hand-me-down from my parents. When they bought it the box said Windows 2000 and the OS on the PC was ME. But my parents were convinced that windows ME and 2000 are the exact same thing, and by the time I finally managed to convince them otherwise it was too late to return it or complain. Dun-tun-tuuun (*scary horror revelation sound effect*)

I remember those pages, it's just that I thought there is a piece of text somewhere that explicitly states that she died.

It looks like she got shot in the small intestine which is relatively non-lethal compared to heart, lung, spine, and head injuries. So when I first read it I just figured that she may still be alive, it's just that the SWA is a low profile sacret organization that doesn't go recruiting every one they see (although now that I think about some of the secondary characters it does seem that way) and that's why she's not there.

But, all in all it's proubably safe to asume that she did die. If anyone is writing a fan fiction, though, rationalizing her return would be quite easy (poor Triela would be even more confused).

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 17:12

3klicks wrote:
LoC978 wrote:It was like an Alpha testing version of 2K
Don't even talk about it. The PC I'm using is a hand-me-down from my parents. When they bought it the box said Windows 2000 and the OS on the PC was ME...
Windows XP Pro is an easy thing to pirate... FCKGW-RHQQ2... :YARR: *sayz no moar*
3klicks wrote:It looks like she got shot in the small intestine which is relatively non-lethal compared to heart, lung, spine, and head injuries...
still, she was far away from medical help, not seeking medical help, and it doesn't look like they even wrapped the wound. Even if it was just a flesh wound, she still most likely bled out (aka to death) due to overactivity while wounded.
3klicks wrote:But, all in all it's proubably safe to asume that she did die. If anyone is writing a fan fiction, though, rationalizing her return would be quite easy (poor Triela would be even more confused).
...quite true...
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 19:33

LoC978 wrote:not seeking medical help, and it doesn't look like they even wrapped the wound
Yeah, she wasn't very keen on living...

LoC978 wrote:Windows XP Pro is an easy thing to pirate... FCKGW-RHQQ2... :YARR: *sayz no moar*
That's true, but I'm lazy and resistent to change. The thing is that no matter how much better other systems are (although, I will complain about it) I won't actually be moved to change my own untill it really screws up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 21:12

3klicks wrote:

Wait your running ME?! Quick get me 3GB of Linux STAT! Alright listen to me 3klicks, where going to get you through this. I'm not about to let you die, or... umm... run a shitty OS... SO HANG IN THERE MAN! Now Linux as many different versions like, windows. Some are more complex, and thus more powerful. Others are easier to use, and the like. A good version for you to try would be Knoppix. It's suppose to be one of the simplest versions. A more main stream system is Ubuntu, which is also very good about ease of use. Both can be run off CDs in your disk drive instead of actually installing them. They are free, stable, and fairly easy to use. There are forums for support, and I'll help you however I can.

Together we can get you over ME.

As for Triela going with Hilshire to meet his mother. I've certainly laughed, at what you guys have come up with. However it probably wouldn't go down like that. She might raise an eyebrow at first. Things to consider though, his mother is aware of why he was kicked out of Europol. She also must be aware of where he works. If she didn't put two, and two together, all Hilshire would have to say is "This is her mother." At which point the mother might get a little bit more quite, and Triela might get confused. Hilshire will deflect Triela's curiosity by explaining, his mother is aware of the agencies cover story, and that she knows he works closely with one particular ward.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 21:47

Wileama wrote:Wait your running ME?! Quick get me 3GB of Linux STAT!
just not if you're a gamer... manually linking libraries is... difficult... if you're not a gamer, though, windows is the absolute worst OS you can run! (a fact that Microsoft doesn't want the world to know...)
*checks for corporate snipers*
3klicks wrote:but I'm lazy and resistent to change
that could be problematic for switching over as well...
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 22:08

*hands Loc978 a Live Ubuntu and Knoppix CD/DVD*
That should do you lovely.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 22:15

ElfenMagix wrote:As for the Medical crew (Those Bastards!), They want to continue onward with their frankenstienian experimentation and gven great sums of money and equipment to do it with. Sure, their cyborg implants will one day benefit the world, but until then, many years from now, whey will be hawking hospitals for losts kids to do their dirty work with!
You know this is the first time I've ever really though about the medical staff. It does seem like the vast majority of them have broken the Hippocratic oath, doesn't it. Well maybe not. Technically they save a life. It just so happens to be an assassin. I suppose they tell themselves that it's alright, because one day cybernetics will help humanity. That and the money helps. Oh yes nothing is quite as awesome as making 'fuck you' money.

**EDIT**
Wait, what is this the right thread? Well I suppose that's what happens when you put a window aside for a day saying post a reply to that. Should have posted this sooner...

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 22:17

I can see Bianchi struggling frequently with the moral and ethical dilemmas that come with his job. Gilliani, on the other hand, probably doesn't give a damn how he makes his money.
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 22:43

(In a meeting with Alesandro and the medical staff)
Alessandro: Petrushka has no ass.
Dr. Bianchi: So how long have you had this obession with your cyborg's lack of ass.
Dr.Guliani: Asses were not part of the techincal design. But we'll see what can be done for you, I meant her!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 23:17

Exhibit A:

-I do so love a woman with a dancer's figure... if 'Sandro doesn't want...
*is shot*

Last edited by on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 11:16; edited 1 time in total
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 23:30

Motivations for joining the SWA, indeed.

Why do I get the feeling most people here would go for second-generation cyborgs if they were to sign up...?
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 1:29

Why do I get the feeling most people here would go for second-generation cyborgs if they were to sign up...?

Becaues they want something new and the much faster and sexeir!!

Very Happy

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 1:35

Once they got my list of specifications, they would be showing me the door.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 1:43

I'd say.
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 11:05

Wileama wrote:Together we can get you over ME.
Thanks. Smile But, I'm afraid I'm a hopeless case. My "I will whine, but won't move my ass to change anything." attitude aside I'm also just recently getting over my technophobia. The first computer my familly ever got I froze right off the bat by putting two CD's in one on top of another. It's not a big deal, but none of us knew anything about PC's back then so I was scared shitless that I just killed the thing (I think I was 8. Took me a long time to get over that, and then I was behind on the now-how.

sexy new gen discussion
I was wondering wheather choosing older subjects was part of the "new-gen" deal. I doubt Yu thought it over, though. I think he just wanted a girl he could draw some fan-service off, so his job would be more interesting. Smile (It's not that Japanese culture has anything against naked 13 year olds, but Yu seems to have made an attempt to keep it clean so far)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 11:29

3klicks wrote: was wondering wheather choosing older subjects was part of the "new-gen" deal. I doubt Yu thought it over, though. I think he just wanted a girl he could draw some fan-service off, so his job would be more interesting.
actually, it's just a Petrushka deal.. the other stage-2 girls seem to be younglings like the stage-1s. He even came up with an excuse for Fanservice-Girl's age:
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 11:57

LoC978 wrote:
3klicks wrote: was wondering wheather choosing older subjects was part of the "new-gen" deal. I doubt Yu thought it over, though. I think he just wanted a girl he could draw some fan-service off, so his job would be more interesting.
actually, it's just a Petrushka deal.. the other stage-2 girls seem to be younglings like the stage-1s. He even came up with an excuse for Fanservice-Girl's age...

I can imagine the arguements at the Claes & Triela Cyborg Tea Meetings...

Angelica: Well, I'm the oldest!
Petrushka: No You're Not! I'm 16! You're what, 10?
Claes: Angie's the oldest cyborg, even though she's one of the younger girls.
Triela: Well, I have most of my memories...
Petrushka: What is that supposed to mean?
Triela: Well, I have a longer history of my past.
Rico: So do I...
Triela: But you were in a hospital bed for 11 years- what memories would you have?
Rico; WHAAAH!!! THATS NOT FAIR!!!
Petrushka: Now you've done it... Anyways- I'm the oldest.
Angelica: No You're Not!
Henrietta: I think I hear Jose calling me...
Triela: All the way from Sicily?!!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:10

I've heard rumors that one of the new stage-two cyborgs is called Gretchen.
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:15

LoC978 wrote: other stage-2 girls
Yu doesn't seem to be particularly systematic there are a hell of a lot of plot possibilities that he hasn't explored adn it seems he will introduce a new wave of characters as relief.

ElfenMagix wrote:I can imagine the arguements at the Claes & Triela Cyborg Tea Meetings...
Yeah, I guess there is no doubt going to be some conflict between the two gen's. Henrietta is going to feel all insecure because she may think that Jose might like the more efficient cyborgs more. She may even go ballistic adn attempt to kill them.

Anyway, the new gen will definantly bring up the usefullness dillema. If the new gen's become the preffered tool, then the old gen's will stop being useful. That will really stir things up in the plot.

Hillshire would run away with Triela. Marco would be apathetic (or the new danger may bring his feelings back out). Jose will definantly not stand for it, he may even convince/get backed by Jean... Celas may remain useful as an experiment subject (at one point Jean seems really nice to her for soem reason, I'm too lazy to include reference)... And poor Rico might end up getting left behind. (Jean's changed his attitude, but it will take a while for him, if at all possible, to care enough for her to risk his neck. What he may do is take her because she is completely loyal to him, so he can continue his vengence on Padania by himself).

... Of course all that would really mess up Yu's plotline.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:20

Nachtsider wrote:I've heard rumors that one of the new stage-two cyborgs is called Gretchen
oh Gods.. tell me that isn't the freckled one... I might start joking about copyrights too:
The Oddity wrote:

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:29

3klicks wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:I can imagine the arguements at the Claes & Triela Cyborg Tea Meetings...
Yeah, I guess there is no doubt going to be some conflict between the two gen's. Henrietta is going to feel all insecure because she may think that Jose might like the more efficient cyborgs more. She may even go ballistic adn attempt to kill them.

Anyway, the new gen will definantly bring up the usefullness dillema. If the new gen's become the preffered tool, then the old gen's will stop being useful. That will really stir things up in the plot.

Hillshire would run away with Triela. Marco would be apathetic (or the new danger may bring his feelings back out). Jose will definantly not stand for it, he may even convince/get backed by Jean... Celas may remain useful as an experiment subject (at one point Jean seems really nice to her for soem reason, I'm too lazy to include reference)... And poor Rico might end up getting left behind. (Jean's changed his attitude, but it will take a while for him, if at all possible, to care enough for her to risk his neck. What he may do is take her because she is completely loyal to him, so he can continue his vengence on Padania by himself).

... Of course all that would really mess up Yu's plotline.

The only mentioned issues with the type 1's is their short life spans, and their needs to be so heavily bonded to their handlers.

The only mentioned issues with the type 2's is their weaker strength, lack of protection at key spots (like the sholuders) and their preprogamming that allows the agency to give orders to the cyborg that would be against the handler.

I'll choose a Type 1 over a Type 2 anyday, which is why I created Rachel the way she is: Loyalty of a Type 1 and longer life advantages of a Type 2.

Last edited by on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:30; edited 2 times in total

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:29

3klicks wrote:Henrietta is going to feel all insecure because she may think that Jose might like the more efficient cyborgs more. She may even go ballistic adn attempt to kill them.
Attempt?! 'Etta would kill all 10 second-stagers with her bare hands...
3klicks wrote:Anyway, the new gen will definantly bring up the usefullness dillema. If the new gen's become the preffered tool, then the old gen's will stop being useful. That will really stir things up in the plot.
somehow I doubt it... the stage-2s are less combat-ready, more recon ready. Sure, it doesn't take much to kill a person, but we've seen all of the stage-1s get shot at one time or another... if Petra took a bullet, though:
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:45

I don't think a cyborg would ever be retired before it was useless in the field. They simple cost to much money in that regard to be tossed away, just because a new generation is coming on line. Besides every minute of useful life you squeeze out of a cyborg is more time you have to get a return on your investment.

Eventually they when they get really maintenance heavy, they might get retired. However until the cross that ratio between cost, and value. they'll keep going. After that I like to thing the agency will eventual put those girls into an aggressor style team for training.

**Edit**
Why is all my text bold? Stop it please, it's like caps lock is on or something.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:53

ElfenMagix wrote:I'll choose a Type 1 over a Type 2 anyday, which is why I created
Rachel the way she is: Loyalty of a Type 1 and longer life advantages
of a Type 2.
I share your sentiments exactly. As I mentioned before I don't like the idea of Yu bringing so many new characters in when the plot possibilities of the ones in existance have barely been scratched.

I also think the 1'st gen would rip the 2'bd gen to shreds, but the agency is controlled from the top. People who don't know what things look like in practice make the decisions and the scientists/developers who want to make more money will claim that their "new product" is the best thing in the world and is 1000% more efficient then the last.

Makes me think of:
1) American radar guided bombs equiped of the B-1's (instead of the traditional laser-guided ones). They were going to bomb one of Saddams residences but the bombs over a hundred meters from their target onto civilian houses. When they sell them they tell you they can do anything, then when you put it into practice it's not what you bargaied for.
2) Some people in the Polish high command wanted to divide the only good SOF we have ("GROM") and put it under naval and ground forces command (currently it's relatively detached). If the Iraq war hadn't started the brass would do it just because they wanted more control over the unit. Then it turned out tha GROM can work with campatible NATO units like the SEALS and SAS, while the other old fashioned Russian era SOF's within the traditional chain of command can't do shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 21:55

3klicks wrote:I share your sentiments exactly. As I mentioned before I don't like the idea of Yu bringing so many new characters in when the plot possibilities of the ones in existance have barely been scratched.
You would think he would cover Beatrice and the other mystery girls of the first gen before bring in a whole new herd. Starting with vol.6, the story has become so overpopulated with new characters itís ridicules.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 22:13

LoC978 wrote:Exhibit A:

*is shot*
It's in the Loli-bible. "Thou shalt stare at little girls asses."

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 22:20

3klicks wrote:
LoC978 wrote:Exhibit A:

*is shot*
It's in the Loli-bible. "Thou shalt stare at little girls asses."

The Anime Guidebook wrote:99.99% of all anime females, no matter the age/hair color/eye size are going to be "worthy of toppings" unless purposefully made to look ugly.

Razz
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 12:05

just wanted to reiterate something (because I was skimming through Volume 8 and saw an even better example)
Exhibit B:

3klicks wrote:It's in the Loli-bible. "Thou shalt stare at little girls asses."
"Little Girl" nothin'... that would be a young woman's ass.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 13:32

Yu, has her drawn stark naked, when she is introduced. I was kind of surprised since he's been on the clean side till now, but I see he changed his angle.

LoC978 wrote: "Little Girl" nothin'... that would be a young woman's ass.
Well this is dangerous watter. What exactly makes a young woman a young woman. 15 year olds sometimes have bodies of 18 year old women. Is it phisical apperence, age, mental development, or emotional development. Culture, and law put down a rule of thumb, but in reality that's a parndoras box full of very complicated problems. You can go up or down; it's all kind of blurry. Don't shoot me, people, it's a random thought I decided to share in the spirit of light hearted conversation. Smile When I look at some of the girls my reaction is like that of a little girl who just got a teddy bear; I'm a complete sucker for cuteness.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 14:12

3klicks wrote:What exactly makes a young woman a young woman. 15 year olds sometimes have bodies of 18 year old women. Is it phisical apperence, age, mental development, or emotional development. Culture, and LAW put down a rule of thumb, but in reality that's a parndoras box full of very complicated problems.
an excellent point.
*looks at the bold word* ...hence the word 'jailbait'. She looks full grown, but... hehe... I said 'butt'.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 14:30

I think it's very rare for a man in Japan to marry a woman who is older then him or even the same age, they usually have to be younger (and must be shorter). As I have gleened from numerous references in manga/anime (such as the GTO manga: the anime has nothing on the manga) it is best when she is much younger. Not sure what the laws are in that crazy country.

Heh, heh. I wonder what our lawyer in training (sassahara17) can say about this.

p.s. - Juliet is what... 13? And they have little kiddies read that in 8th grade? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum