Motivations for joining SWA.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Motivations for joining SWA.

Post by Wileama on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:45

I don't think a cyborg would ever be retired before it was useless in the field. They simple cost to much money in that regard to be tossed away, just because a new generation is coming on line. Besides every minute of useful life you squeeze out of a cyborg is more time you have to get a return on your investment.

Eventually they when they get really maintenance heavy, they might get retired. However until the cross that ratio between cost, and value. they'll keep going. After that I like to thing the agency will eventual put those girls into an aggressor style team for training.

**Edit**
Why is all my text bold? Stop it please, it's like caps lock is on or something.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:53

@ElfenMagix wrote:I'll choose a Type 1 over a Type 2 anyday, which is why I created
Rachel the way she is: Loyalty of a Type 1 and longer life advantages
of a Type 2.
I share your sentiments exactly. As I mentioned before I don't like the idea of Yu bringing so many new characters in when the plot possibilities of the ones in existance have barely been scratched.

I also think the 1'st gen would rip the 2'bd gen to shreds, but the agency is controlled from the top. People who don't know what things look like in practice make the decisions and the scientists/developers who want to make more money will claim that their "new product" is the best thing in the world and is 1000% more efficient then the last.

Makes me think of:
1) American radar guided bombs equiped of the B-1's (instead of the traditional laser-guided ones). They were going to bomb one of Saddams residences but the bombs over a hundred meters from their target onto civilian houses. When they sell them they tell you they can do anything, then when you put it into practice it's not what you bargaied for.
2) Some people in the Polish high command wanted to divide the only good SOF we have ("GROM") and put it under naval and ground forces command (currently it's relatively detached). If the Iraq war hadn't started the brass would do it just because they wanted more control over the unit. Then it turned out tha GROM can work with campatible NATO units like the SEALS and SAS, while the other old fashioned Russian era SOF's within the traditional chain of command can't do shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 21:55

3klicks wrote:I share your sentiments exactly. As I mentioned before I don't like the idea of Yu bringing so many new characters in when the plot possibilities of the ones in existance have barely been scratched.
You would think he would cover Beatrice and the other mystery girls of the first gen before bring in a whole new herd. Starting with vol.6, the story has become so overpopulated with new characters it’s ridicules.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Forum Posts : 2609

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 22:13

@LoC978 wrote:Exhibit A:

-I do so love a woman with a dancer's figure... if 'Sandro doesn't want...
*is shot*
It's in the Loli-bible. "Thou shalt stare at little girls asses."

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 22:20

3klicks wrote:
@LoC978 wrote:Exhibit A:

-I do so love a woman with a dancer's figure... if 'Sandro doesn't want...
*is shot*
It's in the Loli-bible. "Thou shalt stare at little girls asses."

The Anime Guidebook wrote:99.99% of all anime females, no matter the age/hair color/eye size are going to be "worthy of toppings" unless purposefully made to look ugly.

Razz

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 12:05

just wanted to reiterate something (because I was skimming through Volume 8 and saw an even better example)
Exhibit B:

3klicks wrote:It's in the Loli-bible. "Thou shalt stare at little girls asses."
"Little Girl" nothin'... that would be a young woman's ass.

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 13:32

Yu, has her drawn stark naked, when she is introduced. I was kind of surprised since he's been on the clean side till now, but I see he changed his angle.

@LoC978 wrote: "Little Girl" nothin'... that would be a young woman's ass.
Well this is dangerous watter. What exactly makes a young woman a young woman. 15 year olds sometimes have bodies of 18 year old women. Is it phisical apperence, age, mental development, or emotional development. Culture, and law put down a rule of thumb, but in reality that's a parndoras box full of very complicated problems. You can go up or down; it's all kind of blurry. Don't shoot me, people, it's a random thought I decided to share in the spirit of light hearted conversation. Smile When I look at some of the girls my reaction is like that of a little girl who just got a teddy bear; I'm a complete sucker for cuteness.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 14:12

3klicks wrote:What exactly makes a young woman a young woman. 15 year olds sometimes have bodies of 18 year old women. Is it phisical apperence, age, mental development, or emotional development. Culture, and LAW put down a rule of thumb, but in reality that's a parndoras box full of very complicated problems.
an excellent point.
*looks at the bold word* ...hence the word 'jailbait'. She looks full grown, but... hehe... I said 'butt'.

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 14:30

I think it's very rare for a man in Japan to marry a woman who is older then him or even the same age, they usually have to be younger (and must be shorter). As I have gleened from numerous references in manga/anime (such as the GTO manga: the anime has nothing on the manga) it is best when she is much younger. Not sure what the laws are in that crazy country.

Heh, heh. I wonder what our lawyer in training (sassahara17) can say about this.

p.s. - Juliet is what... 13? And they have little kiddies read that in 8th grade? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 14:33

Wait, are you telling me that there are actually words that aren't in bold in this thread?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 14:42

@Wileama wrote:Wait, are you telling me that there are actually words that aren't in bold in this thread?
...there are words in this thread!? All I saw was a couple pictures of jailbait ass...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 14:50

They where the things that separated the awesome photos. Razz

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 15:04

A picture (especially that kind of picture) is worth a thousand words. Who would bother with words when the exchange rate is that bad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 15:15

Let’s face it, Sandro is a piece of shit. Look at how gently and cautiously the other handlers deal with their girls. Look how long it took for Jose just to pinch Henrietta’s cheek. Look at Hillshire hugging Triela.

Now look at Sandro - he can’t keep his fucking hand off of Petra. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s in vol.9 where he has her on the floor, preparing to do god knows what.

Now in the old forum, this would be the time where Oddity would jump in and say, “SHE’S OF LEGAL AGE!”

She might be of age, but she is also under the influence of mind altering drugs and legally, can not consent. Bastard Sandro is taking advantage of her. He knows damn good and well she can’t say no to him, so he’s going do what ever he what’s with her. I have a little problem with that.

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 15:27

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 15:39

@Danjo3 wrote:Now in the old forum, this would be the time where Oddity would jump in and say, “SHE’S OF LEGAL AGE!”
Maybe where she is at but not in the USA, and certainly not in most states in the USA...

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5667

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 15:42

Danjo's post
- Is she at the age of consent. I don't think she's 18, so it matters where you are.
- Also, as I wrote in a post before, the age of consent is just a rule of thumb (it's not that there is any magic that happens when a girl turns 16 or 18 . Its purpose it to make sure that an intellectually and/or emotionally immature girl, that may not be independent, is not taken advantage of by someone why has the ability to manipulate / exert pressure on her. Considering that Sandro has absolute power over her; it's obvious what we should think. [well, this is kind of restating Danjo's point, but its important]
- Yeah, he's a jerk from the beggining. He treats her like a doll for his amusement. The others at least let them have some choice and/or only make them do what is neccessary for their missions.

Yu proubably intended to bring this issue up because the series is already about this type of dependance, n' all. Overall, I can't find a single reason to like that guy, everything from his attitude through his behavious, up to his looks seems to make a bad impression on me. Oh, well maybe he'll get killed in some later volume. (oh and, please no spoilers as a reply to this)

Notice the way he forces her eyes open. He's examining a specimen of a cyborg not a human being. (Even some of the doctors seem to feel a little uneasy about what they are doing.)

[edit] this is somehting new. The images didn't used to go off the page.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 15:59

3klicks wrote:Also, as I wrote in a post before, the age of consent is just a rule of thumb
you wouldn't be saying that after the law got involved... unless you were screaming it in protest as they shoved you in the back of a patrol car.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 16:10

@LoC978 wrote: you wouldn't be saying that after the law got involved... unless you were screaming it in protest as they shoved you in the back of a patrol car.
THANK YOU

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 16:42

@Danjo3 wrote:
@LoC978 wrote: you wouldn't be saying that after the
law got involved... unless you were screaming it in protest as they
shoved you in the back of a patrol car.
THANK YOU

Please, read my whole post. I wrote that to illustrate that even if she is at the age of consent it is still not ok. because the age of consent is established to meet certain cryteria of the girls wisdom/independance. And in this case it wouldn't matter if she was 22, because she would still not meet the independent choice cryteria.

I would never attempt to do anything to an underaged girl. I am quite ok. with fan service in manga and anime, but the real world is something completely different. I have absoloutely no feelings of that sort for actual underage girls, and I senserely hope that no one assumed anything of the sort.

Do agnowladge that what I wrote is true. Can you seriously point to something that changes precisely at the age of 16 or 18? I respect the culture I'm from, and that's why I would not condone anything of the sort. But if someone asked me why its 16, or why 17 or why 18 and not say 17.5 I would not be able to answer. If I did answer I would only be able to do so by pointing to the fact that the girls need time to mature emotionally, and intellectually, and to gain their independence (i.e. wait untill they are ready). The law is there to prevent them from making a stupid mistake that they may regret later in life or from someone unsing them. But, all these things do not happen at a set age (Are all girls "ready" at the same time? Is it not possible for a girl to be used and manipulated even if she is over 18? What about relationships between 18 year old women and much older men?), so in all honesty the best answer I could give to someone that asked me is that this is what I was brought up to believe, and hence what I believe. The law is neccessary to maintain order, and personally I think it is set at a good age, but it is a generalization.

Once again. Please don't think I'm a pedophile and re-read my last post

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 16:53

3klicks wrote: Please, read my whole post. I wrote that to illustrate that even if she is at the age of consent it is still not ok. because the age of consent is established to meet certain cryteria of the girls wisdom/independance. And in this case it wouldn't matter if she was 22, because she would still not meet the independent choice cryteria.
I did. that wasn't meant as a dig at you, personally. it was supposed to be a hypothetical 'you' meaning it could even be me. Dammit, Danjo, takin me outta context...
3klicks wrote:Do agnowladge that what I wrote is true. Can you seriously point to something that changes precisely at the age of 16 or 18? I respect the culture I'm from, and that's why I would not condone anything of the sort. But if someone asked me why its 16, or why 17 or why 18 and not say 17.5 I would not be able to answer. If I did answer I would only be able to do so by pointing to the fact that the girls need time to mature emotionally, and intellectually, and to gain their independence (i.e. wait untill they are ready). The law is there to prevent them from making a stupid mistake that they may regret later in life or from someone unsing them. But, all these things do not happen at a set age (Are all girls "ready" at the same time? Is it not possible for a girl to be used and manipulated even if she is over 18? What about relationships between 18 year old women and much older men?), so in all honesty the best answer I could give to someone that asked me is that this is what I was brought up to believe, and hence what I believe. The law is neccessary to maintain order, and personally I think it is set at a good age, but it is a generalization.
I've made the same argument many a time...
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 17:01

Point: in Vol.6, it is stated that Petrushka is 16.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 17:03

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 17:18

@LoC978 wrote: I did. that wasn't meant as a dig at you, personally. it was supposed to be a hypothetical 'you' meaning it could even be me. Dammit, Danjo, takin me outta context...
Smile That's good. It's very hard to undo misunderstandings if you don't notice them in time, so I had to make sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 17:45

@Nachtsider wrote:The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.
There are several references to Elizabeth/Petrushka's age in Vol.6. This is the one on her Dossier...

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 17:47

@ElfenMagix wrote:Point: in Vol.6, it is stated that Petrushka is 16.
You can't legally fuck a drunk chick, thus you can fuck a conditioned girl legally. At least one that's conditioned to obey you. In their altered state of mind you can't tell if they understand what they are agreeing to. Even then depending on where you live, and what you do, consent can be different. According the Uniform Code of Military Justice, the legal age of consent is 18. I can't do a 16 year as long as I'm in the service. It might be legal for two 16 year old to get it on, but if one is 18+, and the other is 16 it can be illegal depending on where you live. That and should two consenting 16 year olds take erotic pictures, or video of each other both can be charged under child pornography laws.

\\Looks at post
\\Realizes it comes off as seedy
\\Stops

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 18:01

@Wileama wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:Point: in Vol.6, it is stated that Petrushka is 16.
You can't legally fuck a drunk chick, thus you can fuck a conditioned girl legally. At least one that's conditioned to obey you. In their altered state of mind you can't tell if they understand what they are agreeing to. Even then depending on where you live, and what you do, consent can be different. According the Uniform Code of Military Justice, the legal age of consent is 18. I can't do a 16 year as long as I'm in the service. It might be legal for two 16 year old to get it on, but if one is 18+, and the other is 16 it can be illegal depending on where you live. That and should two consenting 16 year olds take erotic pictures, or video of each other both can be charged under child pornography laws.

\\Looks at post
\\Realizes it comes off as seedy
\\Stops
Point: Alessandro is some where between 22 and 28. Either age is too old for him to be messing with Petrushka.

Calculation of Alessandro's Age:
18 as a high school grad.
20 - 2 years of manditory service in the military.
22 to 24 - extra years for specail ops training and missions.
22 to 28 - extra years for specail training to be in covert operations for what ever other agency he was in before going to the SWA (This includes specail ops training)

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 19:00

@ElfenMagix wrote:Point: Alessandro is some where between 22 and 28. Either age is too old for him to be messing with Petrushka
I agree. that's a good ballpark estimate. However:
@ElfenMagix wrote:20 - 2 years of manditory service in the military.
22 to 24 - extra years for specail ops training and missions.
22 to 28 - extra years for specail training to be in covert operations for what ever other agency he was in before going to the SWA (This includes specail ops training)
Alessandro admitted that he's never been in the military. He managed to avoid conscription somehow:

as for 'special ops training'... he claimed that he worked at the Ministry of the Interior's spy training facility, then at SWA Section one, training double agents for infiltration into Padania. Nowhere in there does it say he was ever a field agent before joining Section two:

I'd say Alessandro's combat training is minimal, at best.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 19:19

Are those "toubuki" (http://www.toukoubi.com/projects/gunslinger_girl/) scanlations? I like these better then mine and the difference is pretty big.

p.s. - When Marco asks him if Petrushka is a girl's name or a boy's name he answers "It's a boy's name of course." and wikipedia also refers to Petra as the "more feminine" form. But as far as I have any understanding of Slavic languages Petrushka will definitely be a girls name.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 19:30

3klicks wrote:Are those "toubuki" (http://www.toukoubi.com/projects/gunslinger_girl/) scanlations? I like these better then mine and the difference is pretty big.
that scanlation was made by a guy on our old forum who went by the name "ChainM249saw".
3klicks wrote:p.s. - When Marco asks him if Petrushka is a girl's name or a boy's name he answers "It's a boy's name of course." and wikipedia also refers to Petra as the "more feminine" form. But as far as I have any understanding of Slavic languages Petrushka will definitely be a girls name.
in Chain's translation, 'Sandro says "I heard that it's a boy's name." -

It's possible that he was misinformed.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 19:32

I believe that one of our admins may have had a part in some of them, but I can not be so sure. Either way, its excellent work of translating something that I can't otherwise read. My heart goes out to them.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 19:38

@ElfenMagix wrote:I believe that one of our admins may have had a part in some of them
Sintendo made the volume 4 and 5 scanlations, with the help of balade... and I still say they're higher quality than the official translations ADV made (well after Sintendo's were completed).
Goddamn ADV...
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 21:04

@ElfenMagix wrote:My heart goes out to them.
Scanlators, we salute you.

@LoC978 wrote:that scanlation was made by a guy on our old forum who went by the name "ChainM249saw".
Nice. They said they're working on vol 7. Looking forward to that. :bounce:

Here's the toubuki for comparison:

Experimented with ImageShack's resizing options. These are 1024X769 (17 inch monitor).

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 23 Nov 2007 - 19:16

That is a major difference! Damn...

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 23 Nov 2007 - 20:52

@ElfenMagix wrote:That is a major difference! Damn...
The first volume of Harry Potter was the first book I ever read as a whole (I was 10, so it was rather
late. You might say it taught me to read.) But, it's completely
unreadable in the Polish translation.

I'm returning to Poland in half a year, and I won't be able to get away with the type of bullshit I can pull here in Canada, so I've been thinking of what I've got that will allow me to stay afloat.

Translating is actually a real tough gig and a good translator is really hard to find. Not only do you have to be able to translate, but you have to think about mood, tone, cultural bias, and a load of other stuff. Words have different connotations in different languages, even though they are listed as equal in the dictionary. Then, when people use phrazes it's best to find an equivalent one in the language you're translating into, but that ain't easy. Proubably the most important thing is knowing when to alter the text at the price of accuracy and when to stay true to the facts at the price of awkwardness.

Heh, random banter again...

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 23 Nov 2007 - 21:37

Not random, I agree! I had to do unoffical traslations in Spanish for my teaching job, amoung other things. I so hated it... then they got a young college kid to do it (who was not a native speaker), and I had parents coming back to me about various translated paperwork done wrong!

Then there were the deaf kids I deal, speaking to them in sign language. A certain teacher there thought I was making a conspiracy against her... she was just paranoid. Then she met up than a few parents who were deaf. In short, I had to deal with the situation.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Sat 24 Nov 2007 - 1:20

3klicks wrote:p.s. - Juliet is what... 13? And they have little kiddies read that in 8th grade? Laughing

Correct, Juliet is supposed to be around 13-14 and Romeo around 18-20.

LOL SHAKESPEAR
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 24 Nov 2007 - 11:12

@Sintendo wrote:

LOL SHAKESPEAR
He married a 26 year old woman at 18(it was proubably an arranged marriage), poor guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 5 Dec 2007 - 17:31

3klicks wrote:
@Sintendo wrote:

LOL SHAKESPEAR
He married a 26 year old woman at 18(it was proubably an arranged marriage), poor guy.
I remember a class dicussion stating that Romeo was between 16-18.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 5 Dec 2007 - 20:45

I think the unlucky 18-year-old bloke whom we're talking about is Bill Shakespeare, not Romeo.

Shakespeare eats Bacon.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 5 Dec 2007 - 21:15

I so hated Shakespere in High School; so much that in the middle of the Witches' Dance in McBeth, I yelled-Shakespere is boring! Punishment was for me to be Puck in "A Mid Summer Night's Dream", complete in an Alvin Deville chipmunk voice for the school play or not graduate.

I went to Brooklyn Tech. In my time, the student body was 20K plus... I Shit You Not! (It houses about 14K now)
Damn School Was/Still Is Bigger than Most Small Towns!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 2:46

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the unabridged (unedited) version of the script; wasn't Juliet's father gopiing to marry her off to some widowed Duke or something. That guy was supposed to be in his thirties or something.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2560

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 11:47

@boomer_gonz wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the unabridged (unedited) version of the script; wasn't Juliet's father gopiing to marry her off to some widowed Duke or something. That guy was supposed to be in his thirties or something.
Correct!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

opinions

Post by Angiegarde on Sun 20 Jan 2008 - 18:45

Personally, the only reason that I would join the SWA would be for revenge. What this means is that I'd join if terrorists or some other criminal group killed people close to me and I wanted revenge against those responsible.

As for other people, they'd join for revenge, for wealth, for ambition, etc.
Angiegarde

Male

Forum Posts : 133

Fan of : anime

Original Characters : Clarissa

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 2 Feb 2014 - 1:19

oops, mentioned cool tale by Scarred Man on the wrong thread. d'oh!

Last edited by tremec6speed on Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 1:23; edited 1 time in total
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1964

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 2 Feb 2014 - 12:24

Think you posted to the wrong thread, Tremec. But DAMN, this thread is interesting, even if it's so old most of the pictures are deleted. The members' speculations, right and wrong, before the manga supplied the answers are fascinating.

By and large, the canon characters' reasons for joining are pretty pedestrian. Revenge, money, career advancement - essentially the same reasons their opponents join the Padania or organized crime. It's one reason the line between 'good guys' and 'bad guys' is so blurred in GsG.

Some of our people are with the Agency because they have nowhere else to go. All the medical staff drop hints about some earlier incident that nearly ended their careers, only to be saved when they were picked up by the SWA; one gathers that they worked together before joining. Lorenzo and Ferro were apparently part of the Croce protection detail that failed so spectacularly, leaving them looking for new jobs. Marco and Raballo were dismissed from their old jobs following training injuries. And of course, Hilshire is here because the Agency was his little mystery girl's last hope.

What brought Olga, Priscilla, Bernardo, and the canon members of Charon's SRT to Section 2 remains unclear. It's hinted that the pay is good, despite Petris's carping about budgetary concerns, and most of the handlers, at least, drive expensive cars (I think Sandro drives that shoebox-on-wheels because it's the sort of car that tells you nothing about its driver).
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1742

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Sun 2 Feb 2014 - 16:16

i would imagine someone like Yarrow and/or Lupa joined SWA after seeing Canadian style SWA banner or poster that says "Come on pal, enlist!" Razz
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 1:21

You're right Scarred Man, it must have been late at night an me mind half asleep, at least that's my story an I'm sticking with it lolz!
Well, at any rate, great tale there man.  sweat
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1964

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum