Alfisti's OC concept sketchbook

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Alfisti's OC concept sketchbook

Post by Alfisti on Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 1:53

dA version, complete with BS history, here.

So, this August marks six years of Jethro+Monty and, to celebrate, I thought it might be fun to pay tribute to one of their major inspirations: Tintin, Hergé and, well... the Franco-Belgian comic tradition in general really. Certainly a fun experiment, though I think the results are mixed at best. Lines and inking done on bond with pacer, uni-pin micro fineliners and a Tria marker. Colours and layout were digital.

Obvious soundtrack is obvious...

...well, except for that last one.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5754

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 9:28

Monique in a kimono ... unexpected, and excellent.

Thescarredman

Forum Posts : 1865

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 11:57

Seriously cool.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10896

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja on Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 11:59

those are epic!

TeaTimeNinja

Forum Posts : 483

Registration date : 2014-07-30
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 5:30

Thescarredman wrote:Monique in a kimono ... unexpected, and excellent.
To be honest, that last cover was mostly an excuse to put Monty in a kimono. Couldn't think of a way to get her into one normally, so I cheated.  Razz

Actually, all three of these were originally ideas for fully rendered pictures. However, they fit together neatly into this, which may well have saved them from the long list of "things I want to do but don't have time for"... or at least waiting in line for literally years.

...and cheers chaps.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 11:29

Loved all three of the pictures. It's a departure from your regular style, but you do an excellent job of capturing the style of those old comics. Further, Jetrho and Monty really do seem to be in their element here.

And, yes, anything to get Monty in a kimono is definitely worth it. Razz

PSVT

Forum Posts : 511

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 3:45

PSVT wrote:Loved all three of the pictures. It's a departure from your regular style, but you do an excellent job of capturing the style of those old comics. Further, Jetrho and Monty really do seem to be in their element here.

And, yes, anything to get Monty in a kimono is definitely worth it. Razz
"In their element"... well, except for the sword, that Monty has no idea how to use. To borrow a quote from Firefly: she probably knows which end to hold.

That said, J+M owe a lot to Tintin (especially their more "30's Adventure" moments), to the transfer of that feel at least went across relatively simply.

Cheers mate.

And yes, I did enjoy putting Monty in a kimono.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 5:28

The Agent Formerly Known as "Mary"...

...now Katherine Olivia Fuji.

dA version

Since she has been, and is set to continue, featuring heavily in J+M's side of Six Degrees, it only seemed fair to do her up a better portrait. While she's there at the moment, Hong Kong (nor Monaco, or Grindelwald) is not really her natural habitat, and she's a much happier person, say, riding motorbikes through the mountains of Afghanistan.

Needles to say, she's a somewhat blunter instrument than the Blackers.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja on Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 12:52

Sub zero, buddy. Your skill is intense. you have a way with simple but stunning backgrounds.

TeaTimeNinja

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 13:52

Hm. Can we expect a character profile soon, or do you prefer to let us get to know her better as the story unfolds?

Ditto Teatime's comment on backgrounds, by the way, and you're developing a talent for drawing alluring women as well.
Thescarredman

Male

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 16:25

Really excellent work! I definitely enjoy how Katherine (nee Mary) looks with that nighttime Hong Kong backdrop. Even dressed so casually as she is here, it's fair to say that TSM was correct to use the word alluring.

Spoiler:
I can definitely see how SIS would think she would be a good candidate for a Blacker girl, insofar as they (Algy in particular) wanted to use Jethro for their own means via Katherine. Too bad, for her sake and theirs, that he already has Monty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The perfect might be the enemy of the good. Then again, so is the mediocre.
PSVT

Male

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 5:36

TeaTimeNinja wrote:you have a way with simple but stunning backgrounds.
Cheers mate though, to be honest, those backgrounds are mostly the result of laziness and not wanting to devote the time to a proper one. sweat  

Thescarredman wrote:Hm. Can we expect a character profile soon, or do you prefer to let us get to know her better as the story unfolds?
No, no profile for this one, partly because, well, it's a bit after the fact (she's been around almost as long as J+M themselves, though there is a sort-of profile here, which is still probably at least 50% correct), but mostly because she is, indeed, someone I'd prefer people got to know through the story. Let's just say there's still more to discover about Katherine.

Also, wow, you have no idea how often I need to keep reminding myself to call her "Katherine" now. She's been "Mary" for the better part of five years.

PSVT wrote:Really excellent work! I definitely enjoy how Katherine (nee Mary) looks with that nighttime Hong Kong backdrop. Even dressed so casually as she is here, it's fair to say that TSM was correct to use the word alluring.
Heh, cheers mate. This outfit is very much more what she's comfortable in, to copy/paste a comment I made to Charon on dA:

"If it helps any, the picture that always springs to mind when I'm thinking of her character is, and I'm going to assume you've seen Black Hawk Down here, but there's a scene right near the start where Eric Bana's Delta Force character is being picked up by one of the titular helicopters and carrying a mountain bike. That's Katherine through and through, not the character himself, but just the scene (and maybe a few prior in the market)."

"Alluring" is possibly one word for her (not one I'd thought of for her previously, normally it's reserved for Monty, so thanks TSM Razz ), mentally I've generally referred to her as being a "handsome" woman (which is certainly what I was shooting for), certainly not unattractive, but not generically pretty or beautiful either. Though, to be fair, the only time I think I've purposely shot for "generic hot" was with Odile.  sweat

Spoiler:

PSVT wrote:I can definitely see how SIS would think she would be a good candidate for a Blacker girl, insofar as they (Algy in particular) wanted to use Jethro for their own means via Katherine. Too bad, for her sake and theirs, that he already has Monty.
Not something I really intend to explore much in this story (too early in the timeline), but I suspect Monty's continued presence is probably starting to cause some very serious questions to be asked around Vauxhall by those more familiar with Jethro's normal antics. As Monty noted in the most recent chapter, by some of Katherine's previous actions (see AtAC CH07:Moonraker), the SIS suspects Jethro is now working for Italy, and they'd have to at least have heard rumours of cyborgs by now. Hell, they've probably got moles in the Padania to nudge it one way or the other if need be. That aside, well, let's just say, pre-Monty, her partner wasn't really know for keeping women around long.

I suspect Jethro's still a little blind to that danger, he's just become so used to Monty being just sort of, there, that "why would the world be any other way?" Monty herself though seems to be slowly working it out, though even for her it's only really a niggle right now. Mostly she's just a little miffed at being referred to as a "Blacker Girl".  Razz

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 5 Sep 2015 - 20:22

It is so nice how you are able to adapt to a different style of art yet never lose your unique.... flavor?
Dunno how to say it properly but 'nuff said, two thumbs up! (as usual) Good Good Yes Indeed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 7 Sep 2015 - 2:56

tremec6speed wrote:It is so nice how you are able to adapt to a different style of art yet never lose your unique.... flavor?
Dunno how to say it properly but 'nuff said, two thumbs up! (as usual) Good Good Yes Indeed
Don't worry, I think I'm picking up what you're putting down... I tend to use "flavour", "taste" etc. (often with a lot of metaphorical vague arm-waving) when trying to describe the feel of a thing.  Razz

Cheers mate.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 7 Sep 2015 - 23:08

Alfisti wrote:
tremec6speed wrote:It is so nice how you are able to adapt to a different style of art yet never lose your unique.... flavor?
Don't worry, I think I'm picking up what you're putting down... I tend to use "flavour", "taste" etc. (often with a lot of metaphorical vague arm-waving) when trying to describe the feel of a thing.  Razz

Cheers mate.
You are? Wow, thank you. head bang (gonna make me blush here) Embarassed
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 9:50

Allroad to Scotland...

dA version

...as opposed to the high or the low road.  Incoming!

Landscape practise, this time with J+M instead of spaceships, re-enacting that one scene from Skyfall. While Jethro is a Queen and Country Englishman I suspect, as a place to be actually physically present, both he and Monty prefer Scotland. Put their car in as well since it's been awhile since I last drew it; yes, they have been given an upgrade to the current model for the purposes of their somewhat fluid chronology.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 11:14

Beauteous. Love Monty's traveling duds.
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja on Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 13:54

the way you do nature scenes is awesome
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Fan of : Rico

Original Characters : Elly + Pete

Comments : Legalize wheelies.

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 18:30

Thescarredman wrote:Beauteous. Love Monty's traveling duds.
Cheers mate. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with how Monty's outfit came out. She prefers trousers for travelling, but putting her in a suit didn't feel right for the picture, so she got something new (or, at least, a rehash of something old)... plus I like her in white.  Very Happy

TeaTimeNinja wrote:the way you do nature scenes is awesome
It's getting there, they tend to take me awhile as I'm generally experimenting as I go... hence the practise.  Razz 

Cheers mate.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Tue 6 Oct 2015 - 12:10

Man, that's some great stuff.

It gives me that "deafening silence" feel with the whole way the background appears to be shrouded in the fog/mist, and nothing else in sight besides the two and their car.

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Tue 6 Oct 2015 - 22:22

Awesome art! cheers Wonder if they reached their destination? Puzzled
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 7 Oct 2015 - 4:13

rusty-spring wrote:It gives me that "deafening silence" feel with the whole way the background appears to be shrouded in the fog/mist, and nothing else in sight besides the two and their car.
"Deafening silence". You know, that's probably the best descriptor for what I wanted, I'll take that.  Razz

I know what I had in my head was that scene in Skyfall where Bond and M are driving up toward, um, Skyfall, and the camera zooms out to show the tiny Aston on the road... that sort of lonely, isolated, slightly foreboding, but calm and not uncomfortable, feel... if that makes sense. Wrapped up in your little travelling car cocoon, nothing like a long drive on an empty road to relax the mind...

...or it might just be me who gets that feeling. I always feel most at ease when driving or otherwise travelling (and I suspect J+M have inherited that as well).

tremec6speed wrote:Wonder if they reached their destination? 
I'd say they did, though who knows what they were doing on the other end...

Cheers chaps.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 3 Jan 2016 - 1:07

dA version

"For starters, Christmas has been and gone..."

Given enough time, even in a non-Christian country, Jethro can source a sprig of mistletoe from somewhere.

No, I've never seen mistletoe in real life, hanging it up isn't really a thing here. Yes, this is late, that's what happens when you only start thinking Christmassy thoughts around, say, Boxing Day. sweat

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 3 Jan 2016 - 12:42

Monty...Monty...Monty...

I know it's in public, but he is your partner and he did choose a deserted train platform so at least try and not look annoyed. *grin*

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 3 Jan 2016 - 19:18

Kiskaloo wrote:Monty...Monty...Monty...

I know it's in public, but he is your partner and he did choose a deserted train platform so at least try and not look annoyed. *grin*
Well, you know, it is Monty, and far be it for her to admit to enjoying being doted upon...

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 4 Jan 2016 - 13:01

At least he's not wearing the fez.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Mon 4 Jan 2016 - 18:28

"I know you wanted a Ferrari, but trust me, the Lotus is just as good."

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1172

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 19:57

Outstanding art! head bang
Does Jethro seem a bit..... older by a few years?
Monty's cheeks seem slightly more pronounced as well.
Don't get me wrong Alfisti, your work is superb as always.
I dunno, it's prolly just me, but they seemed just a tad..... different.
Only seemed that way when I chose the largest picture option.
Rocks none the less!  Yes Indeed Not Worthy!
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 8 Jan 2016 - 7:33

tremec6speed wrote:Outstanding art! head bang
Does Jethro seem a bit..... older by a few years?
Monty's cheeks seem slightly more pronounced as well.
Don't get me wrong Alfisti, your work is superb as always.
I dunno, it's prolly just me, but they seemed just a tad..... different.
Only seemed that way when I chose the largest picture option.
Rocks none the less!  Yes Indeed Not Worthy!
Jethro: Running after this one would age anyone a few years.

Monty: Quiet.

Jokes aside, he possibly does. I think the angle makes him appear a little heavier set, and I have been trying to keep the lines on his face more pronounced. As to Monty, I tried brining her offside hair curl in across her cheek, under he eye, slightly, which may be causing it to appear more pronounced. I was actually wondering whether to leave that as is or not.  sweat

Cheers mate.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 22 Mar 2016 - 6:24

It's been over six and a half years, I think they're due a break, don't you?

Large image, dA version recommended.

*Heaves a huge sigh of relief*

And... relax... at least on the writing front for a bit. While J+M's story wrapped up a couple of weeks back, I only really now feel that it's finished, and that I can sign if off as done. It's been fun, and stressful, but mostly fun... not to mention pretty rewarding. Big thanks again to everyone who followed along, I hope it was enjoyable.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 22 Mar 2016 - 12:48

Beauteous. Light and shading are especially well done. And the characters' faces and posture are quite expressive.

This wouldn't be at the chalet, would it? That fireplace seems a little familiar.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja on Tue 22 Mar 2016 - 16:51

Stunning, man. Truly a masterpiece. You should be proud of not only this drawing, but of the vivid and lovable characters that you've brought life to.

Monty for president.
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 22 Mar 2016 - 21:31

Thescarredman wrote:This wouldn't be at the chalet, would it? That fireplace seems a little familiar.

I believe it is.

Too bad the peace and quiet will soon be shattered by Kara and Michele showing up, soon to be followed by everyone else..

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 23 Mar 2016 - 0:27

Kiskaloo wrote:
Thescarredman wrote:This wouldn't be at the chalet, would it? That fireplace seems a little familiar.

I believe it is.

Too bad the peace and quiet will soon be shattered by Kara and Michele showing up, soon to be followed by everyone else..

Alpha: Yeah....um...sorry about that.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 23 Mar 2016 - 7:22

Thescarredman wrote:Beauteous. Light and shading are especially well done. And the characters' faces and posture are quite expressive.

This wouldn't be at the chalet, would it? That fireplace seems a little familiar.
That is indeed the chalet, albeit quietly revised and updated... not to mention it seems to have accumulated a few pieces of miscellaneous bric-a-brac from J+M's various adventures.

Cheers mate, I'm actually pretty happy with how the faces came out, though Monty's is something of a new one for her... I suspect she's far too contented and relaxed to display her usual level of exasperation at her partner's antics.  Razz

TeaTimeNinja wrote:Stunning, man. Truly a masterpiece. You should be proud of not only this drawing, but of the vivid and lovable characters that you've brought life to.
I'm glad others seem to like this little crowd though, for me at least, J+M are something of a special case. The others clock off at the end of the day, J+M sort of live here... which is perhaps why I didn't feel entirely able to call their story closed until I had seen them safely off on break.  sweat 

Thanks TTN, and thanks all as well.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja on Wed 23 Mar 2016 - 15:17

Honestly though, Monty may be my favorite character. I'm talking favorite character overall, not just OCs. (I like her better than all of my OCs lol) No wonder I doodle her so much.

I like her spunk and sense of style, and you've done a great job of portraying her. It's nice to see a smile on her face at long last Smile
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Wed 23 Mar 2016 - 20:13

What an absolutely gorgeous picture of these two Alfi! Colors and lighting are spot on, practically photographic I think. On top of that, they look so relaxed, and especially for Monty to crack something of a smile she must really be in rare form. Razz

Honestly I do feel a bit sad that it's the end of the road for Jethro's and Monty's story (for now?), but the tremendous comic and stories you created for them were more than worth it. A fitting finale for them indeed!

The perfect might be the enemy of the good. Then again, so is the mediocre.
PSVT

Male

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 24 Mar 2016 - 6:49

TeaTimeNinja wrote:Honestly though, Monty may be my favorite character. I'm talking favorite character overall, not just OCs. (I like her better than all of my OCs lol) No wonder I doodle her so much.

I like her spunk and sense of style, and you've done a great job of portraying her. It's nice to see a smile on her face at long last Smile
Well, I thought I should let people see that private little smile at least once...

...and she is a lot of fun to doodle. Thanks again.

PSVT wrote:What an absolutely gorgeous picture of these two Alfi! Colors and lighting are spot on, practically photographic I think. On top of that, they look so relaxed, and especially for Monty to crack something of a smile she must really be in rare form.  

Honestly I do feel a bit sad that it's the end of the road for Jethro's and Monty's story (for now?), but the tremendous comic and stories you created for them were more than worth it. A fitting finale for them indeed!
Insofar as J+M works being filed under "major projects", yes, that's the end of the road for their story. That said, if an idea for something short strikes me then there is space for one-shots, and I certainly intend to keep drawing them. However, anything likely to become long-form will not be happening as I intend to start focusing on some original fiction.

To be brutally honest I've been finding J+M a bit, how to put it, constraining story wise... not least because it's difficult to surprise them without breaking character. I'm actually quite looking forward to working with some... less competent... characters. I dunno, that sounds overly negative toward both parties, but it really isn't. I love J+M to bits, and that's probably half the issue: I'm not willing to change their characters for the sake of writing a better story. I like them as they are, so it's time to let them continue being themselves and move on, hand the burden of being my primary playthings over to someone else... someone who can clock off at the end of the day and doesn't live here, as it were (not to mention isn't going to automatically check every room they walk into for bugs and be looking for enemy agents in every shadow).  sweat

Anyway, cheers mate. I'm glad the colours came out alright as that's always something I'm a bit iffy on: how things look on other monitors. My monitor is good, but it's getting on a bit (probably coming up time to replace it... not something I'm looking forward to), and I'm never sure if the colour difference between it and my laptop (despite both having been calibrated recently) is because the laptop screen is actually worse, or because the monitor just can't seem to generate the brightness anymore. I do tend to check all my post-processing on the laptop screen, and also on the monitor at work, because my God that latter has the worst colour rendering I've seen anywhere, ever... and I include the cheap TN panels in my work laptop and own $400 beater/backup rig in that assessment.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 18 Apr 2016 - 3:32

In an effort to make sure I'm not just getting bogged down in projects/expand my horizons a bit, I've started going a series of weekly sketches: none of my existing characters allowed (though, to be honest, that's looking like getting changed at some point). Anyway, I was drawing a bit of a blank for a random last Sunday...

...so I drew Professor Voodoo's Marisa instead. Hope he doesn't mind. I think the last time I drew her was actually for the Jethro+Monty comic... which was more than a little while back. Long enough that I wound up going to Voodoo's reference material rather than my own as I couldn't tell what in mine was intentional, and what was just shoddy workmanship.  sweat

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 18 Apr 2016 - 18:19

She's a little doll, as always - I wonder how the artist got her to stay still long enough for a sketch...

Thanks, Alf.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 1:14

Well, the cool duo deserve some rest and relaxation. Indeed it has been a fine journey, plus your excellent original art always add a fine dimension of enjoyment to your enticing short stories.
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 6:22

Thescarredman wrote:She's a little doll, as always - I wonder how the artist got her to stay still long enough for a sketch...
These sketches are quick, but not that quick. Probably got 'Etta to take a photo then used it as a reference.  Razz

tremec6speed wrote:Well, the cool duo deserve some rest and relaxation. Indeed it has been a fine journey, plus your excellent original art always add a fine dimension of enjoyment to your enticing short stories.
Cheers mate.

And, speaking of J+M's story, since I was on the subject of rounding it out with pictures, it only seemed fair to do one of Katherine as well, seeing how heavily involved she was toward the end...

...so here she is back in her own natural environment.

dA version

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 10:55

Nice epilogue ... would have enjoyed a short paragraph of description.

And a nice contrast too, to how J+M finished up.

Swear, nearly every picture you do seems to be a technical improvement on the last.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 18:12

I said to myself hmm OK, I'll just take a lookie see at alfisti's DA art and the peek became roughly half an hour of checking out cool art until I remembered I had lots of stuff to do and had to stop. That's how you know someone is right on the money when a little gander becomes a wholesale feast for the eyes.
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 20 Apr 2016 - 5:40

Thescarredman wrote:Nice epilogue ... would have enjoyed a short paragraph of description.

And a nice contrast too, to how J+M finished up.

Swear, nearly every picture you do seems to be a technical improvement on the last.
Well, J+M will eventually have to head off to work again at some point, but for now they get a break. Unfortunately I don't really have much of a backstory to go along with this one, it was more just a moment in time (and, unlike J+M's normal mode of operation, she may well not have much reason for being there beyond having been told to be). Maybe she's chasing down arms dealers or terrorists...

...or potentially, seeing as it's Katherine, chasing down the people chasing down the arms dealers and terrorists, if that's more beneficial to her at this juncture.

Cheers mate.

tremec6speed wrote:I said to myself hmm OK, I'll just take a lookie see at alfisti's DA art and the peek became roughly half an hour of checking out cool art until I remembered I had lots of stuff to do and had to stop. That's how you know someone is right on the money when a little gander becomes a wholesale feast for the eyes.
Heh, glad you can still find my stuff interesting, even after this long.  Very Happy

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 2 Jun 2016 - 8:09

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 3:09

dA version

“That’s about all we know.”

“Good luck.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real life says I’m going to be back on the road again for a bit by the look of it, which makes drawing regularly (finished stuff at least) slightly problematic. I do always have a laptop with me though, so it’s probably as good of an opportunity as any to begin thrashing out a rough structure for Lettie’s story.

While they’ll still be around to ride herd on the author, it only seemed fair to have Jethro+Monty give a bit of handover first, and let the Maughams know what they’re getting in for... though they may have been better off blissfully unaware. ^^;

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja on Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 15:01

I love how every chair is different. The subtle detail that you put into your work really makes it stand out from the rest. 

Nice work c:
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 3:27

TeaTimeNinja wrote:I love how every chair is different. The subtle detail that you put into your work really makes it stand out from the rest. 
Yes... it was absolutely subtle detail... and totally not trying to avoid having to make four chairs look the same. just whistlin'

Actually, I do quite like mismatched chairs as a feature, particularly in the more rustic/hipster type of cafe... but making my life easier was part of it as well. Razz

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 22 Jul 2016 - 22:53

Portraits of Cyborgs

dA Version

Face practice with Monty, Raych, and Odile. I think this is probably only the second or third time I've every drawn Raych.

I also took Monty and Odile's heels off them for the purpose of judging heights in this one.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sat 23 Jul 2016 - 1:09

Beautiful work as always, Alf. The facial expressions are great. Odile's is particularly telling: she seems to be trying very hard to get a point across in conversation.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 23 Jul 2016 - 20:09

Cheers TSM. Glad the expressions came up okay: getting some practise with those was half the reason for putting in Raych and Odlie. Except on rare occasions, Monty tends to default to the one. sweat

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 9:01

Gotta hand it to ya Alfisti, I agree with The Scarred Man, expressions came through nicely done: each visual is a tempting intro to an ongoing story albeit with out words, so that a viewer looks all the more intently to grab the gist of what is being conveyed by each face. Great lure.
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 5:09

Thanks tremec. Oddly enough, this was originally meant to just be straight portraits, but it didn't feel right to put them all in the same picture without having some response to each other. Hence, for example, why Monty wound up a bit separated from the other two, etc.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 8 Aug 2016 - 3:42

One from the Monday Musings folder...

dA version.

Random pair on the practise range. I have no idea who they are, to be honest I mostly just felt like drawing a sniper fratello in a Peugeot.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 8 Aug 2016 - 10:14

Your detail work is great, as always, but what I've really been looking hard at is the background, how you can delineate a roadside park in a pine forest on a miserable winter day, using just three shades of gray and a wide brush. That's stupendous.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 9 Aug 2016 - 6:09

Thescarredman wrote:Your detail work is great, as always, but what I've really been looking hard at is the background, how you can delineate a roadside park in a pine forest on a miserable winter day, using just three shades of gray and a wide brush. That's stupendous.
Cheers mate. 

Heh, I would like to claim that the background was tone and values practise or some such similar but, to be honest, it mostly got done like that because I was getting somewhat fed up with how long the pic was taking. These Monday Musings things are supposed to be quick and simple. sweat

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 9 Aug 2016 - 11:37

Loving it, mate.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 9 Aug 2016 - 15:07

I think this is probably only the second or third time I've every drawn Raych.

I count four off the top of my head: the introductory portrait of her and Danilo, the comparison between the Olivetti and Blacker fratelli, the 'Meanwhile' cover, and the 'Daft Punk' FQ cover with Monty.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum