Alfisti's Outfitters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Alfisti's Outfitters

Post by Alfisti on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 9:15

Those suitcases sitting by Monty's feet?

Globe-Trotter... favoured luggage of the likes of Sir Edmund Hillary, Sir Winston Churchill and the British Royal Familiy:

I like this sort of thing... the people who have been doing pretty much exactly the same thing since forever and don't change 'cause there's really no good reason to do so.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5765

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 9:21

I love it. Plain, simple and very functional...

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 9:27

Michele tends to go with auto manufacturer's sets since they take maximum advantage of what boot space there is in the car:

Ferrari 599GTB Luggage Set

Though when they run with something with a larger boot, Kara is partial to Prada's leather trolleys:

Kara: "And no, Professor, that is not how many suitcases I take with me!" *scowl*

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sat 1 Jan 2011 - 13:08; edited 1 time in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10901

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 9:36

Fernando limits himself to the American Tourister Series by Samsonite for the obvious reasons stated here:

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 10:14

@ElfenMagix wrote:I love it. Plain, simple and very functional...
You and me both. Sometimes I think we're trying to get too smart with luggage design (or just design in general for that matter). All I want it to do is hold my damn clothes and not get crushed. It doesn't need a thousand pockets and to be made from the same material as the space shuttle to do that.

Gotta love that Samsonite ad.

@Kiskaloo wrote:Michele tends to go with auto manufacturer's sets since they take maximum advantage of what boot space there is in the car:

Ferrari 599GTB Luggage Set

Though when they run with something with a larger boot, Kara is partial to Prada's leather trolleys:

Kara: "And no, Professor, that is not how many suitcases I take with me!" *scowl*

Monty: (quietly) At least not all of them.

I gotta admit, I tend to favor soft bags for travelling by car, they squish into places and you can use them to wedge other stuff in.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 10:55

@Alfisti wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:

Kara: "I heard that!"

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 11:02

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:

Kara: "I heard that!"

Ilaria: (whispering) For long missions she sends a steamer trunk ahead of her via next day air, and still calls me at least half a dozen times with wardrobe emergencies. (immitates Kara's voice) "Ilaria! You have to help me! I don't have the right outfit; can you get it from my closet and send it in a diplomatic bag?!"

Kara: Very funny...jerks. I'm not that bad!

Marisa: Didn't Mr. Pagani have to hire native porters on your camping vacation?

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3422

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 11:12

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Ilaria: (whispering) For long missions she sends a steamer trunk ahead of her via next day air, and still calls me at least half a dozen times with wardrobe emergencies. (immitates Kara's voice) "Ilaria! You have to help me! I don't have the right outfit; can you get it from my closet and send it in a diplomatic bag?!"

Kara: Very funny...jerks. I'm not that bad!

Marisa: Didn't Mr. Pagani have to hire native porters on your camping vacation?

Ilaria: "No, that was a construction crew to lay down a concrete foundation and hardwood flooring so she wouldn't have to sleep on the ground. Then there was the anti-spider moat. And the HVAC guys. And the 200 liter hot water tank for her baths. And..."

Kara: "I don't like you people anymore."

Henrietta: "Maybe next time you take the plane…"

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 13:34

Back when my dad was still working in oil, amongst his colleagues he was actually defined by his luggage. He would always carry his belongings in an ancient trunk - a real trunk, with hard red inflexible sides and black leather edging stamped in place by brass studs. The thing must be literally eighty or ninety years old. We keep the Christmas decorations in it now.

Last edited by Robert Frazer on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 22:29; edited 1 time in total

Robert Frazer

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 22:23

Not much of a Doctor Who fan, but I notice when the local PBS station plays episodes from The Third Doctor's era, I have to say his companion Josephine "Jo" Grant dresses pretty sharp on occasion. I think Monty might look pretty...pretty...in some of her outfits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 22:46

@Kiskaloo wrote:Not much of a Doctor Who fan, but I notice when the local PBS station plays episodes from The Third Doctor's era, I have to say his companion Josephine "Jo" Grant dresses pretty sharp on occasion. I think Monty might look pretty...pretty...in some of her outfits.
I think a few of the early Doctors' companions' outfits might suit Monty actually... it was the era of short skirts and GoGo boots afterall

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 10:20

Final presentation and submission for this semester went in today... decided to relax and wind down by having a fiddle with a few looks for Monty:

The first and last use pieces by André Courrèges, French designer in
the 1960's and one of two people who claim to have invented the
miniskirt... the other of course being Mary Quant.

The middle was intended to be very early in Monty's timeline, probably just after "waking up". So her personality hasn't fully developed.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 11:07

Very slick as always...the outfits are terrific but it's the composition of this drawing that really catches my attention. Although I know straight lines do not exist in Monty's world (a symbolic comment on the nature of her life?), the swath of orange running across the background still provides something of a perpendicular counter-point to all the curves and angles in the foreground.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 17:19

That is one fine-looking cyborg. Yes Indeed

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 21:33

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Very slick as always...the outfits are terrific but it's the composition of this drawing that really catches my attention. Although I know straight lines do not exist in Monty's world (a symbolic comment on the nature of her life?), the swath of orange running across the background still provides something of a perpendicular counter-point to all the curves and angles in the foreground.
Haha, there really are no straight lines in her life are there...

To be honest though, I was just looking for something to tie the picture together. Old first-year trick for laying out a concept book: if none of your concepts seem to be relating: render big solid blocks of colour/grey/black in behind them. Ties everything together and helps make the concepts themselves "pop".

@Kiskaloo wrote:That is one fine-looking cyborg. Yes Indeed

I like to think so, as I imagine she does too.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 22:11

Kara: "I still say that first and third outfit call for you to get out of the 365 Daytona. The middle one, I shall spot you the 3000."

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 23:36

@Kiskaloo wrote:Kara: "I still say that first and third outfit call for you to get out of the 365 Daytona. The middle one, I shall spot you the 3000."
She'd better review that Clarkson DVD before attempting it in the 3rd outfit. A careless flash of the unmentionables might be par for the course with some cyborgs but it does not seem like part of Monty's repertoire at all.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 6:26

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:Kara: "I still say that first and third outfit call for you to get out of the 365 Daytona. The middle one, I shall spot you the 3000."
She'd better review that Clarkson DVD before attempting it in the 3rd outfit. A careless flash of the unmentionables might be par for the course with some cyborgs but it does not seem like part of Monty's repertoire at all.

Kara (who really admires Monty):

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 6:46

Here is a definitive guide to getting out of a car in a Miniskirt ,I doubt most of us on this forum,with the exception of the fine young ladies who visit here, have any experience of wearing one so read on

If you keep a few basic things in mind you will be able to get in out of a car easily and with dignity. You don't have to flash the pedestrians unless you happen, for your own reasons, to want to do that, so here are the things you should remember.

First off is that mini-skirts will ride up! The tighter they are the more likely they are to do this. So if you wear minis in cars, beware.

So whether it is mini or a long ankle-length skirt, it will require adjustment.

If it has ridden up, then you should pull it down BEFORE you put your hand on the door to open it.

If the skirt is long, make sure you tuck it between your knees so that you don't step on it when you step on the pavement.

With Shorty Skirts Wear Nice Underwear

If you go in for short-short skirts, you should always wear something under them that IF seen, accidentally, and this can happen easily given a sufficient gust of wind, or perhaps if you are absent-minded and jump out of the car before checking between your legs, then you won't be embarrassed as much when viewed by a spectator. In fact, you might get a little giggle out of your faux pas, depending on just who it is that viewed the 'show'.

Door First Step Second

If you are lucky enough to have a considerate companion, ask him to open the door for you. If you open the door yourself, do it fully so that you have a nice clear space into which to launch your legs.

Sometimes skirts catch on door-knobs or latches so you want to make sure you are catch-free.

Stepping Out

The goal here is start your step with your knees tightly pressed together.

Next, swing the left leg (if you are on that side of the car) out and down to the pavement, remembering to keep the knees together as you perform this little maneuver.

Second, swivel the right leg out and place it beside the left, still keeping legs close, but not at this point touching necessarily.

Push Don't Pull

Now to achieve lift-off, simply put your hands on the seat and push yourself up.
Do this slowly and with grace. Don't grab the door and pull yourself out of the car. That's not as poised, and really, we are going for the poised car-exit here, not the staggering lurch look.
If you have a door-opening assistant on the outside, you can give him your right hand and use your other to push upwards. This is the preferable method, of course, but there is not always a helpful male around when you need one.

Duck and Scan

As you project yourself upward, keep your head slightly down to avoid quashing your noggin on the car door. And if you have a hat you might want to remove it in order to do this to avoid damage to it, especially if it has delicate ornaments like feathers or other parts.

In addition, in this stage you will want, as your head is tilted down anyway, to check what you are stepping into. Hopefully just the curb, but you don't want to be surprised by cracks just waiting to catch the heel of your heels, or perhaps some gift a little dog left you. It is worth taking your time to do this.

Ready To Roll

Now you are good to go!

The entire procedure should be practised at least a few times, until you do it without stiffness and with elegance.

Getting out of a car is so simple for men, but women have more to think about than adjusting their crotch and bounding out like a sheep dog in a tractor. So don't be afraid to practise and you will have a nice routine to follow, especially when you are wearing those sexy little numbers that look so nice but require the extra effort to accommodate in a graceful, elegant and poised presentation.

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 7:11

@Awinnell wrote:Here is a definitive guide to getting out of a car in a Miniskirt...

Jose: "For chrissakes Henrietta, get a move on! The Padania are getting away!"

Henrietta (halfway out of the Boxster): "Sorry, Jose-san! But Mr. Awinnell's procedure has so many steps I need to review them in my head first to make sure I am performing them in the correct order!"

Jose: Aiya!

Jean: "Now you know why I dress Rico in pants and not a seifuku, brother."

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 8:29

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Monty: Clarkson... that's that twit off the telly isn't it? Besides which, I'll have you know Voodoo that I'm perfectly capable of exiting a car with my dignity still intact.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 8:45

the most important part of those instructions is,Wear nice underwear !

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 18:34

Rachel would not care. In fact the idea of Padania's last thing to see being her silk underwear gives her an evil inner smile.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 20:55

@ElfenMagix wrote:Rachel would not care. In fact the idea of Padania's last thing to see being her silk underwear gives her an evil inner smile.
Monty:

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 14:10

@Alfisti wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:Rachel would not care. In fact the idea of Padania's last thing to see being her silk underwear gives her an evil inner smile.
Monty:
Rachel has no shame. This is often a reminder by Fernando telling her to sit like a lady and not some street hoe guzzling beer at the bar.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 10:25

So, there's a scene in the next issue of J+M where Monty's shown breifly in her pyjamas. Unfortunately I can't see her fitting into the neglige or big-shirt-and-underpants sets...

...Long story short she got a set from Peter Alexander's last summer line copied from the set currently scrunched up under my pillow; (yes she's wearing men's PJs... seriously, they're the most uber-comfortable things ever).

I did have a dig around for references for his ladies' summer line (it's all winter at the moment on his website) but the simpler stuff was nowhere to be seen. Instead:

...none of which, as cool as they are, I can see Monty wearing

Still, kinda interesting to see what someone can do with humble pyjamas.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 16:48

Sleepwear for Monty is a difficult question...she's the type of character you imagine living on pure coffee, but is also too poised to pass out in her street clothes when the caffeine finally runs out.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 21:01

@Alfisti wrote:Long story short she got a set from Peter Alexander's last summer line...

I did have a dig around for references for his ladies' summer line (it's all winter at the moment on his website) but the simpler stuff was nowhere to be seen. Instead:

Kara: "Oh, Micheleeeee!" Smile

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 21:45

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Sleepwear for Monty is a difficult question...she's the type of character you imagine living on pure coffee, but is also too poised to pass out in her street clothes when the caffeine finally runs out.
Pretty much. Thing is, while her usual dress sense is rather flash, her base personality, when you get right down to it, is quite serious and no BS. Hence something simple and fit-for-purpose seemed more appropriate than anything fancy.

Ok, that was mostly just justification... to be honest giving her a soft sleep shirt and shorts, in the end, just felt right.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 21:51

@Alfisti wrote:Ok, that was mostly just justification... to be honest giving her a soft sleep shirt and shorts, in the end, just felt right.

Yes Indeed

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 25 Jul 2010 - 8:30

The real reason they sent Marisa rather than one of the older girls to infiltrate that Catholic school: they wanted to go as one of the nuns...

via PRIVATE

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 25 Jul 2010 - 11:39

@Alfisti wrote:The real reason they sent Marisa rather than one of the older girls to infiltrate that Catholic school: they wanted to go as one of the nuns...

via PRIVATE
At least we know Petra cant be a nun, she's not a virgin!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 25 Jul 2010 - 11:40

@ElfenMagix wrote:At least we know Petra cant be a nun, she's not a virgin!

By that criteria, neither can Kara...

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 25 Sep 2010 - 12:41

...wow.

via DiamondsinChampagne

I'd dearly like to work this into Monty's wardrobe, but I doubt my ability to justify it on a space/flexibility/Monty's base style angle. Still, she does need a new LBD, the designing of which is currently kicking my arse(too many conflicting requirements), I may use this as part of the inspiration.

Monty: If I need to get a new dress, I want something with some slink.

Jethro: You want a slinky dress? I'll get you a slinky dress. Chief, can I have money for a slinky dress.

Lorenzo: No.

Sandro: I'll chip in.

(barstardized from Firefly)

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 25 Sep 2010 - 13:19

Michele (pulling out a stack of €500 notes): "You're covered."

(Though those shooes have got to go. Yuck! )

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 25 Sep 2010 - 20:41

@Kiskaloo wrote:Michele (pulling out a stack of €500 notes): "You're covered."

(Though those shooes have got to go. Yuck! )
Monty:

And yeah, I was looking at the dress, not the boots... thought to be honest they're not that much of a turn-off for me (maybe I'm spending too much time around the fashion kids). However it's also another mark against adding the dress to Monty's wardrobe: she hasn't got any shoes that'd go with it (black heels wouldn't work and the white go-go boots aren't dressy enough).

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 25 Sep 2010 - 20:56

The Go-Go Boots are definitely out (as attractive as she is when wearing them) and I agree black pumps would clash.

Kara has a pair of black Christian Louboutin slides for her gown, but they also come in ivory:

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sat 1 Jan 2011 - 13:13; edited 1 time in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 25 Sep 2010 - 22:30

Monty: And is Michele willing to plump for those too?

For the record: Monty's probably coy enough to have been waiting for the resident big spender to be in earshot before she started dropping hints.

Either way, the issue that's going to be run into here is that of space rather than price. She and Jethro are already carrying more shoes than I'd like in terms of luggage capacity. Ditto for the dress, space is one of the reasons I'm spending so much time on her LBD, because it really needs to cover her for anything that requires more than a suit or "good casual".

That said... I may yet just cave as well.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 25 Sep 2010 - 23:03

@Alfisti wrote:Monty: And is Michele willing to plump for those too?

Of course he is. Remember, he gets to admire her outfits since her, er Jethro's, desk is across from his. Wink

@Alfisti wrote:For the record: Monty's probably coy enough to have been waiting for the resident big spender to be in earshot before she started dropping hints.

She's clearly an observant girl and having her desk across from his would give her the chance to drop said hints to Michele.

Perhaps when Kara is sitting on the edge of Michele's desk as she prepares her shopping list for when she hits Monaco's “Cercle d'Or”? (The “Golden Square”, comprised of Avenue Monte-Carlo, Avenue des Beaux Arts and Les Allées Lumières, where Hermès, Céline, Christian Dior, Saint Laurent Rive Gauche, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel and Prada all have their boutiques.)

@Alfisti wrote:Either way, the issue that's going to be run into here is that of space rather than price. She and Jethro are already carrying more shoes than I'd like in terms of luggage capacity. Ditto for the dress, space is one of the reasons I'm spending so much time on her LBD, because it really needs to cover her for anything that requires more than a suit or "good casual".

That said... I may yet just cave as well.

Cubic technology (and cubic dollars) can solve any problem.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 1:04

@Alfisti wrote:

Either way, the issue that's going to be run into here is that of space rather than price. She and Jethro are already carrying more shoes than I'd like in terms of luggage capacity. Ditto for the dress, space is one of the reasons I'm spending so much time on her LBD, because it really needs to cover her for anything that requires more than a suit or "good casual".

See, if the clothing wasn't so important and/or potentially fragile, one trick to packing is to place clothes in plastic bags and then vacuum all the air out so that it compresses into something flat. You can save a lot of space if the clothing in your luggage isn't completely expanded...

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 7:47

@MP5 wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:

See, if the clothing wasn't so important and/or potentially fragile, one trick to packing is to place clothes in plastic bags and then vacuum all the air out so that it compresses into something flat. You can save a lot of space if the clothing in your luggage isn't completely expanded...
Yeah, I've seen those around before. Not a fan to be honest. You need a vacuum cleaner and it becomes a faff if you want something out of your luggage in a hurry. Not to mention getting the wrinkles out later is a pain in the arse.

I'd prefer to keep J+M's travel wardrobe minimal (plus it fits the with the characters and presents a fun challenge). My own rule of thumb for traveling is that if you can't carry your luggage from one end of the terminal to the other (ie, if you need wheels) then you've got too much. Going hand luggage only is preferable. J+M probably carry a little bit more than that (as they're living out of the car, not just away for a few weeks) in terms of every day wear. However if you picture the inside of their car then they shouldn't be needing to fold the rear seat down to carry their standard kit (ok, maybe a quick-access soft bag on the rear seat). Of course, they may need to add extra stuff depending on where they're off to next/what they're doing there. As a flip side their day-to-day gear needs to leave room for that.

J+M are moving around so much they're probably got packing down to a fine art. The way I see it they'd have a medium size bag each of "everyday" type stuff they use all the time, then another case or two of occasionals/job specific (heavy jackets, some way of storing things like a tuxedo) clothing. Aside from that... well it's easy enough to buy and discard if required.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 27 Sep 2010 - 10:33

@Kiskaloo wrote:

Of course he is. Remember, he gets to admire her outfits since her, er Jethro's, desk is across from his. Wink
I've been wondering this for the last few days, but what does Kara think of all this?

Anyway, various itterations of Monty's new LBD to replace the one she tore up in ISSUE|02. Tried a number of things but kept arriving at the same point.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 27 Sep 2010 - 11:06

@Alfisti wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:

I've been wondering this for the last few days, but what does Kara think of all this?

What Kara doesn't know can't hurt her...

...or Michele. Wink

Plus he thinks Monty is staff, and Kara doesn't view Ferro or Priscilla as a threat so... sweat

@Alfisti wrote:Anyway, various itterations of Monty's new LBD to replace the one she tore up in ISSUE|02. Tried a number of things but kept arriving at the same point.

Monty has nice gams, so a short dress works well for her, but because her legs are long, I kinda like the two longer ones in the second row, left. I also like the two on the third row, left.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 27 Sep 2010 - 11:21

@Kiskaloo wrote: Monty has nice gams, so a short dress works well for her, but because her legs are long, I kinda like the two longer ones in the second row, left. I also like the two on the third row, left.
Yeah, I like the look of the two longer ones as well, but they're dressier and I don't think as flexible (in terms of where they'd be appropriate for) as the short dress. At the end of the day I think something simple works better for her... also Monty's previous dress worked well for her and I don't think she's the type to go trying to "fix it if it ain't broke".

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 27 Sep 2010 - 11:28

Makes sense. Yes Indeed

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 27 Sep 2010 - 20:58

@Alfisti wrote:Anyway, various itterations of Monty's new LBD to replace the one she tore up in ISSUE|02. Tried a number of things but kept arriving at the same point.

Ah yes, the Masochism Tango! I loved that page.
I would not say that the dress was torn up, but properly modded... Evil
Francesca has a couple of LBDs with the split going up to more revealing levels on one or both sides!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 27 Sep 2010 - 22:17

@ElfenMagix wrote:I would not say that the dress was torn up, but properly modded... Evil
Francesca has a couple of LBDs with the split going up to more revealing levels on one or both sides!
Well you'll note Monty's learnt her lesson this time and this new dress is split already Very Happy

As to the old one, I don't like the chances of neatening up that now split seam... to be honest there's an ultierior motive here as well: I was never 100% happy with Monty's old LBD, so this is a chance to try something slightly different.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 24 Nov 2010 - 7:00

This... is how we do double breasted suit:

Oh, and just because it's so cool...

...That's how we do delicatessen. Apparently "pizzicheria" is an older term regional to central and southern Italy. Don't quote me on that.

Both taken in Italy (Milan and Rome respectively) by The Sartorialist

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 25 Nov 2010 - 6:30

@Alfisti wrote:This... is how we do double breasted suit:
International super villain or shady contact for Jethro & Monty's next mission? The world wonders...
...That's how we do delicatessen. Apparently "pizzicheria" is an older term regional to central and southern Italy. Don't quote me on that.
Looks to me like one of the Q-branch has been sent out to pick up the lunch order for the others. Seems to be getting a rare bit of sun while he waits for his order to be ready.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 12 Dec 2010 - 3:10

If one is going to wear such a suit, or any suit, be sure it has the Kevlar inserts inside, as this Fernando-esque agent models off his Hugo Boss, inserts in red.

Although, Fernando sends his stuff to be modified for protection by Miguel Caballero, and buys internal layers of bullet proof and stab proof shirts and undershirts. Even his London Fog is protected by modifications from Miguel Caballero. And what he has, he gives his girls the same protection as he needs. This quadruple layers of protection has saved him on more than one occasion, including a sniper shot to his chest in UN Resolution. He recommends it for all the staff and OCs.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 21:26

Kara: See Marisa? We've finaly found some high heels that even you can wear.

Props for Jess from school/uni for finding these.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 22:14

@Alfisti wrote:Kara: See Marisa? We've finaly found some high heels that even you can wear.
Marisa: Hmmm, in a pinch I could always use the heel as a weapon.

Elio: (facepalm) I need a drink...

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 5:21

You know, reading this thread makes me realize just how bland my fan fiction fratello look. Great art as usual, Alfisti! It's attention to detail like this that adds to the uniqueness of the characters.
Needless to say, I'm going to put more effort into my own peoples.
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1975

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 9:14

@tremec6speed wrote:You know, reading this thread makes me realize just how bland my fan fiction fratello look. Great art as usual, Alfisti! It's attention to detail like this that adds to the uniqueness of the characters.
Needless to say, I'm going to put more effort into my own peoples.
I think it depends on the character as to how much effort needs to be put into their look.

I mean, personally I like fashion, I find it interesting, fun and I enjoy working up looks. My characters also have some fashion sense and hence the way they look and the clothes they wear are important to their character because it's something they care about. It's something that helps to define them, both to the viewer and, on another level, something they'd use to help define themselves. However, if your characters aren't really interested in fashion then there's probably not as much need to put so much time and effort into the clothes they wear as it's not something important to them.

Put it another way: When it came time to select a perfume for Monty, I decided that what scent she wore would be something important to her and something that she would use to define herself. Hence I put a lot of time and effort into selecting that scent, first on the internet and then eventually spent a few hours in the perfume section of Myer (think like Macy's in the US) trying things out. Practical upshot was that she wound up with something I felt very fitting (Bvlgari Jasmine Noir, for those interested).

However, I have another character (non-GSG) called Jesse... who I've never bothered selecting a perfume for because, honestly, I doubt she'd give a stuff.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 12 Jan 2011 - 3:54

Wow, that's amazing. I mean, I get that you're into fashion and hence the extra level of attention, and I really like that.
It's just that I never even thought in terms of what cologne my peoples might have.
(actually I do have another fratello that I came up with before the current ones which I have submitted here, in which the little cyborg SMOTHERS make up on her face thinking it'll make her look more grown up! She's impressed by the gen 2 cyborgs as well as Triela and wants to look like them.) Razz
Still, when I draw clothes for anyone in general, I find myself doing the usual: white shirt and plain pants for the guy, white shirt and plain skirt for the girl with maybe a ruffle here or a stripe there.... ugh.
I gotta spice things up a notch.
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 14 Jan 2011 - 5:55

There's nothing wrong with the white-shirt/plain skirt combination. Done well it looks fantastic. Monty's "around the house" wear consists of this. It's comfortable and classicaly easy to dress up with a few accessories. On the right girl you can throw a black bra under it an it becomes quite stylishly sexy (one of the advantages of Monty's build and carriage is that she can get away with stuff like that and it's stylish rather than potentially slutty).

As for scents, again it depends on the girl. However, I do think it's important to some. You're going to think differently of someone who wears, say, Kylie Darling...

...which is sort of sweet, fruity and girly (not a fan to be honest, but that's personal preference) to someone who wears Monty's Bvlgari Jasmine Noir...

...(dark, exotic, sensual and mysterious), not to mention the way that they wear it. Does the cyborg (or handler for cologne) use it so that it wears close to the skin (Monty), or do they slather it on so that the scent preceeds them wherever they go? Again it's just another way to portray bits of a character. Or for that matter to play up a handler that doesn't know/doesn't care or a cyborg that's the same.

On a sidenote: weird upshot of the whole affair is that I actually enjoy walking through the perfume section of a department store now.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 16 Jan 2011 - 1:57

Well, you've certainly opened up my eyes to an angle I've never truly explored but I intend to do exactly that, thank you Alfisti! Very Happy
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 23 Feb 2011 - 8:19

Well, after a little bit of head-scratching to find something that fitted everything I wanted, I've finally worked out what the bottom half of Monty's "tactical outfit" is:

Riding pants (breeches if you will) cropped and flaired slightly to keep them clear of her ankles and give them a profile similar to this:

(sorry, couldn't find a larger picture that I liked, but you get the idea). In a good stretch fabric they're slim fitting so as to not get caught up on things and flexible enough to allow her a full range of movement. Not to mention that they're sold in some pretty hard wearing fabrics as well.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 23 Feb 2011 - 9:59

@Alfisti wrote:Riding pants (breeches if you will) cropped and flaired slightly to keep them clear of her ankles and give them a profile similar to this:
I'll keep that in mind as I start E&M episode 17...heavily featuring Jethro & Monty. The pair in your picture might be a bit short for Bruges in December though.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum