Alfisti's Outfitters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Alfisti's Outfitters

Post by Alfisti on Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 10:47

So, apparently going out to site makes me want to draw evening wear...

Monty wears: "Cubism" earrings by Canturi|Rolex Submariner wrist watch|dress, shoes & necklace by Alfisti.

It's been four years now, so it's probably about time I gave Monty a proper evening gown, rather than having her make do with her LBD for all occasions.

For those interested I figured this could be made up of two panels (not counting the shear fabrics), one of a satin or something with a similar finish and one with a glossier sheen. Then it's just a matter of cutting them right to construct the form. Though it's not shown in the details here (it is in sketches), the two fabrics are joined behind her neck with a polished steel ring rather than a stitched seam, leaving her back exposed until the two side panels sweep back around to cross at her mid to lower back.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5765

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 17:30

Elegant as always, Miss Blacker.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10901

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 17:41

Indeed! Extremely classy and possessed. I love Monty's flair.

Officer_Charon

Forum Posts : 1470

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 20:19

Thanks chaps.

I'm quite glad you both landed on elegant/classy. Personally I think it's a look Monty can pull off without it becoming slutty or trashy, but part of me was expecting to get slapped for making it all so revealing.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 20:47

@Alfisti wrote:Thanks chaps.

I'm quite glad you both landed on elegant/classy. Personally I think it's a look Monty can pull off without it becoming slutty or trashy, but part of me was expecting to get slapped for making it all so revealing.

Frankly, it's how she carries herself. Monty strikes me as someone who presents an aura of 100% self-confidence when in public so it is quite clear that she is not wearing it as a "hey! look at me!" attention grab.

Monty: "Unlike a certain other cyborg I can think of..."

Kara: "I heard that!"

Monty: "Try to take a hint from how your handler works a room."

Honestly, having the background a "red carpet shot" works perfectly for her.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 0:42

Daring done right with style . head bang

tremec6speed

Forum Posts : 1975

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Wed 26 Feb 2014 - 22:24

I forgot, is it okay if I drop in questions on fashion and clothing to here?

And if so, who would be a good company/designer to look at for modern/futuristic jewelry choices, specifically in the field of brooches/broaches and/or hairpins? I'm looking for something fairly generic that can be applied to a number of ensembles without clashing but is still suitable for both casual and formal(ish) wear.

Il Direttore

Forum Posts : 1003

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 26 Feb 2014 - 22:38

@Il Direttore wrote:I forgot, is it okay if I drop in questions on fashion and clothing to here?

And if so, who would be a good company/designer to look at for modern/futuristic jewelry choices, specifically in the field of brooches/broaches and/or hairpins? I'm looking for something fairly generic that can be applied to a number of ensembles without clashing but is still suitable for both casual and formal(ish) wear.

I recommend you start a new thread in the Apparel forum as, in the past, this thread has become very off-topic with such discussions and I've had to prune it to try and bring it back to the focus on Alfisti's OCs.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Wed 26 Feb 2014 - 23:00; edited 1 time in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Wed 26 Feb 2014 - 22:58

'kay, will do so somewhere. Links to appear.

Links appeared:

http://gunslinger-girl.up-with.com/t3681-fashion-advice#115600

Il Direttore

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 6:20

Here's a design house I'm a big fan of: DSQUARED2. They do some great modern twists on vintage looks.

For the record, I'm claiming that one in the name of Monty, as well as the little ochre number. In fact, quite a lot of their Autumn/Winter 2014 line, particularly the Pre Collection is just so Monty it hurts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 18:55

I have this weekend off, and I was planning on drawing Monty and possible Elly. Would this dress be okay for the drawing? Link me different outfit if you'd prefer something else.

Last edited by TeaTimeNinja on Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 20:39; edited 1 time in total
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Forum Posts : 489

Fan of : Rico

Original Characters : Elly + Pete

Comments : Legalize wheelies.

Registration date : 2014-07-30
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 21:13

No, that dress would be entirely acceptable. ;P

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 22:31

Alright, I started drawing. If I have enough free time it should be done by the end of the weekend! After that, I have a couple more pages of carried away to finish up.
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Forum Posts : 489

Fan of : Rico

Original Characters : Elly + Pete

Comments : Legalize wheelies.

Registration date : 2014-07-30
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 7:19

I'm not generally a huge fan of Gucci, but some of their latest lineup might suit Monty alright:

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 15:49

That second one, especially screams "Monty in Snow" to me

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 12:58

Yeah I agree with the Officer, stylish, but definitely down to business. 
Plus, I like how the first two outfits cover the neck, it's very.....
not sure how to describe it, but it seems to me like it                        displays a serious tone to it?
(ugh, I gotta expand my vocabulary)
Anyway, in the words of those timeless critics, Beavus und Butthead: it's 'cool' Incoming!
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1975

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Thu 30 Jul 2015 - 21:37

SUDDENLY I POST SOMETHING. 

Hi. 

Alfi, what would you consider a good smell that men should have? I understand that this is a rather odd question, but my assumption here is that you've put significant thought into cologne, aftershave, etc. and can provide some insight on that sort of thing.

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

- President John F. Kennedy
Il Direttore

Male

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 31 Jul 2015 - 5:34

@Il Direttore wrote:SUDDENLY I POST SOMETHING. 

Hi. 

Alfi, what would you consider a good smell that men should have? I understand that this is a rather odd question, but my assumption here is that you've put significant thought into cologne, aftershave, etc. and can provide some insight on that sort of thing.
Soap and sweat.

Honestly though, the only character I have who would really be a cologne sort of person would be Florentino, but he's not had a large enough part to play yet for me to have found him something to wear. Personally, I've yet to find a cologne I actually like, and my own style preference tends to err toward more effortless. I like to use a good quality sandalwood shaving soap which takes care of most of my scenting needs.

That said, if I were looking for a cologne, I would stick with something fairly classic and mature, probably around woody, leathery, musky scents, which also have the advantage of being less volatile scents and so last longer. Also, personal preference no-one beyond about a foot should be able to smell it. At least men have less danger when picking more mature scents of smelling "old" than women do, which makes our lives easier. The danger here is probably more smelling like a footballer.

Of course, if you're shopping for a character, and you want them to smell like new money from across the room, then the sky's the limit.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Fri 31 Jul 2015 - 11:14

@Alfisti wrote:
@Il Direttore wrote:SUDDENLY I POST SOMETHING. 

Hi. 

Soap and sweat.

Honestly though, the only character I have who would really be a cologne sort of person would be Florentino, but he's not had a large enough part to play yet for me to have found him something to wear. Personally, I've yet to find a cologne I actually like, and my own style preference tends to err toward more effortless. I like to use a good quality sandalwood shaving soap which takes care of most of my scenting needs.

That said, if I were looking for a cologne, I would stick with something fairly classic and mature, probably around woody, leathery, musky scents, which also have the advantage of being less volatile scents and so last longer. Also, personal preference no-one beyond about a foot should be able to smell it. At least men have less danger when picking more mature scents of smelling "old" than women do, which makes our lives easier. The danger here is probably more smelling like a footballer.

Of course, if you're shopping for a character, and you want them to smell like new money from across the room, then the sky's the limit.

Hm, I see. What brand of soap do you use? Would you expect a significant difference between cheap and expensive brands of soap?

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

- President John F. Kennedy
Il Direttore

Male

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 31 Jul 2015 - 20:43

A book on perfume and other scents that I read not long ago claims that men's colognes etc. tend to be superior to women's on average because the makers aren't constantly trying to market something new; instead, as Alf said, men's colognes are tried-and-true recipes or refinements thereof, and generally made with high-quality ingredients. Girls have it harder because they're fashion chasers and often led to buy something that only smells good for two minutes at the sales counter.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1889

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 31 Jul 2015 - 23:10

@Thescarredman wrote:A book on perfume and other scents that I read not long ago claims that men's colognes etc. tend to be superior to women's on average because the makers aren't constantly trying to market something new; instead, as Alf said, men's colognes are tried-and-true recipes or refinements thereof, and generally made with high-quality ingredients. Girls have it harder because they're fashion chasers and often led to buy something that only smells good for two minutes at the sales counter.
There's probably something in that, while male fashion has its trends, it also tends to have a strong, probably more prevalent than in female fashion, core of classics which, while the'll never be cutting edge, will also never be out of style either, be that in clothes, shoes , fragrance, etc. That said, there are also an increasing number of men who do chase fashion and trends, and you certainly see an increasing number of "new fragrance" advertisements aimed at the male half of the population.

As an aside, when I was shopping form Monty's perfume, the girl at the shop gave me a couple of miniatures free so I could see how it wore across the course of a day (answer, in case anyone cares: quite well. Thank it being a fairly woody, sensual, scent).

@Il Direttore wrote:Hm, I see. What brand of soap do you use? Would you expect a significant difference between cheap and expensive brands of soap?
I like Truefitt & Hill, who also do some nice shaving brushes and the like. I've also used Poraso, which is cheaper but doesn't give quite so nice of a lather, so there is a difference, though both will do the job. The best I used my mother actually bought from a market down south though, and that was about $5. Thing is, by the time you reach the point of shaving with soap and a brush, it's something of a given that those buying give at least a little toss about the whole process, so most of what's available is pretty good.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 14 Nov 2017 - 5:07

Turns out I'm still instantly distracted by trying to outfit J+M, despite having wrapped their story up. Also, Linde Werdelin have turned their hand to making skis.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 14 Nov 2017 - 14:34

Those look way too flashy for Monty. Though Jethro's interest would be piqued...
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1889

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 16 Nov 2017 - 2:39

You're probably right, his watch is from the same company after all...

"Buying" for Monty is at one and the same time easy and weirdly difficult... and it doesn't help that I've really not done enough skiing to have a good idea of what I'm looking for. All I know is that, for Monty, her skis would need to be sleek and elegant without being flashy, and usable for both powder and piste.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down