Just one suitcase.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just one suitcase.

Post by Guest on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 23:07

Dutch entered the room and dropped a suitcase on top of the table. When he opened it and everyone saw it was full of money, Benny immediately asked:

- So what's the job?

- Someone who wants to remain anonymous is interested in recovering some suitcase. It is being carried by a man named Wolfgang, protected by a bodyguard named Otto. We've been told that taking this mission makes us a target, so Benny, you and Rock are going on the ship. I'll be going with you two as well to drive and make sure someone can defend it in case of attack. Meanwhile, Revy, you're going to have to get help from the Church. Yes, Eda. With the amount of money we've been offered we can safely spare a ten percent. Benny, I want you to find as much information as possible about both targets.

- Finally something interesting to do. You got something on them other than their names?

- A picture. The man with long hair is Otto. He apparently has a scar on the left chin, though with this angle you can't see it. The one with the short hair is Wolfgang.

- They look like brothers. Both tall, both raven haired... but Wolfgang's a lot skinnier than Otto. I'll see what I can do. Revy, I'll send you anything I find by email, so make sure your phone's on. - He finished, and started packing up his laptop.

- Revy, you'd better get moving and get Eda now. We've been told to rendezvous with a tracker group in a nearby warehouse. Here's the address. - Dutch continued, handing her a piece of paper. - Rock, pack whatever you need and meet me in the ship.

A few minutes later the ship was leaving the harbour, off to sea where they expected to be able to handle whatever may come. Experience had taught them well, and in their weapons locker was a Stinger and enough ammunition to take down four or five helicopters.

Rock came up to Dutch while he led the ship into the deep blue.

- Just how much were we offered for this?

- Fifty million. Each one. Someone is really interested in whatever is in that suitcase, and even though I don't like not knowing who I'm working for, or what I've got to retrieve, fact is it's too much money to pass on it.

- Something bugs me, though. The Black Lagoon specializes in transporting equipment, so why would they hire us for this? It's not our line of work.

- Yes, I've thought about that as well. And I'm pretty certain Benny's done so too. Only thing I can think of is that they need us to deliver it somewhere fast once we got it. And it's not going to be an easy ride, I'll bet. That's why I wanted to get to open sea, because I feared they'd try to hit first. And given the amount of money in this game, a first strike would likely be more than enough to take us down. The big boys are playing, Rock, and we're their little lead soldiers. I don't think they'll cry if some end up broken.

Back to top Go down

Re: Just one suitcase.

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 23:35

(The following takes place between Dutch giving her the instructions and the departure of the Black Lagoon.)

Revy hit up Benny for the keys to the Coronet and drove out to the Church of Violence in search of Eda.

She pulled up to the front and laid on the horn until the front door opened and Yolanda walked out onto the front porch.

"Yo! Sister! Where's your second-rate gunslinger at? I've got a job for her!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 23:48

The old woman looked at Revy cunningly.

- Right now, she's helping out with the chores - A blatant lie if there ever was one, because she had no idea where the rebellious nun might be right now - You see, the Church is right now in need of hard working people. Hiring is so expensive these days...

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 0:10

*The door to a nearby shed burst open with a swift kick. The blonde woman that stepped out was readjusting her maroon shaded sunglasses. *

"Sticking an air conditioner in there was the best investment I've ever made - "

*Eda stops short as she sees the head Sister and Revy staring at her. Her skirt has been rolled up above her knees, and an empty beer bottle hangs between two fingers.*

"Er..."

*Quickly hides the beer bottle behind her back and straightens out her nun's habit.*

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 6:39

Yolanda didn't blink once when Eda came out at the worst moment. She ignored her as she hid the bottle of beer, and when it was finally out of sight she turned to the unlikely nun.

- Ah, welcome, Sister. Rebecca here had just asked for you. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the Church cannot go without your aid for the time being, seeing as you have to clean the altar and do an inventory of all our earthly possessions. - Both tasks were made up without any hesitation by the veteran leader of the Church. If she knew Eda, she'd do anything to escape doing them, more so if it had some action in it; something Revy was sure to bring. One way or another the Church would be getting a donation today. - So unless some charitable soul drops... let's say a thousand dollars in that donation box over at the church in the time it will take me to go upstairs and talk to Ricardo, I'm afraid she'll have to stay with us. If you will excuse me, Rebecca, Sister, there are some matters I must attend to right now.

She walked away into the church itself with a deceitfully slow pace, and made her way to Ricardo. The young man was cleaning weapons at the armory, but stopped his chores when the head sister came in.

- Ah, do continue young man.

She stood there, watching the priest in training sweat under her gaze until he'd wiped a couple of weapons clean, then went down again and checked the donation box.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 10:16

Revy looked to Eda, a sly smirk on her face.

"Dutch has agreed to give you an 8% share for your participation and I'm sure that's more than $1000. So if you can convince that crone to let you come without a donation up front, I'm sure giving her, say, 5% would make her very pleased and would leave you plenty left to...well, you know..."

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 11:43

Eda face held a look of absolute horror as the words "clean the alter" and "inventory of all" came out of Sister Yolanda's mouth, but the biggest jaw dropper was Revy's suggested plan.

"5% of my cut?!"

Clearly that didn't sit right with the greedy nun.

"Aww c'mon Revy! You wouldn't leave me here right?"

She flashed the Lagoon company's gunslinger a large, almost pleading grin. Watching Revy smirk however, made her realize that there was going to be no such charity. The smile faded into an angry sneer.

"Fine ya tight pursed pirate!"

With an annoyed grunt, Eda walked over towards the church and threw down a pile of bills into the donation box - staring at them for a moment wondering if this job was going to be worth the investment.

"That's all the cash I had on me so this better be a big 8% or you're gonna have new a 9mm sized nostril, got it?"

Her tone of voice seemed half-serious, half-"let's the get hell out of here already."

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 12:39

Revy smiled like a shark facing a tuna and headed back to the Coronet and, with Eda, on to the Black Lagoon.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 21:14

(During the car ride to Black Lagoon)

Eda looks out the window at the passing scenery.

"What's going on? You guys get a new place or something? Sure as hell isn't the route I remember."

Shuffling sounds as Eda begins changing out of her nun's habit.

"Don't get jealous Revy, but I'm gonna change. It's too fucking hot for this smock today."

Her clothing is quickly replaced by her usual skirt and tank-top, complete with the words "Just Do It." Apparently, she was already wearing them beneath her normal outfit.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 21:25

"Dutch wanted to load the Lagoon with some...extras. So she's at a different warehouse and we'll meet them there," Revy noted as she lit a cigarette, her mind thinking of things she'll buy with the extra 2% share she gipped from Eda.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 21:34

Apparently satisfied with Revy's answer, or simply not paying attention, Eda leaned back in the seat and crossed her arms behind her head.

"When we get boat, I'll have to ask Dutch just how large this 8% cut is I'm getting. It damn well better be enough to pay me back for that 1000 dollar 'donation'."

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 21:36

Revy made a mental note to get to Dutch before Eda did.

"His eyes grew so wide that even with his glasses I could see part of the whites!"

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 22:29

Having stocked up on the necessary 'extras,' Dutch was already maneuvering the Black Lagoon into it's temporary berthing at the appointed dock.

"Benny," he called, "I want you to take the helm and keep the engines running on idle while we're waiting for Revy. We may need to blow this joint in a hurry."

Nodding, the Black Lagoon's tech guru slipped into the helmsman's seat as Dutch vacated it. Given what they'd been told about the mission, he didn't want to stick around this place any longer then his boss did.

Taking a cigarette from the pack in his pocket, Dutch lit it with his lighter, then picked up the old M-14 rifle he'd fetched from the Lagoon's arms locker. Normally he tried to avoid smoking while he was conducting serious business, but in this case, he felt it was necessary to calm his nerves.

Making his way topside, Dutch instructed Rock to stay out of sight, then proceeded to the end of the dock to stand Guard as they waited for Revy and Eda to show up.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 22:32

Soon enough the Coronet arrived and Revy stepped out.

"Yo, Dutch!" she said, boarding the ship and just leaving the Coronet on the pier.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 22:59

A blond, skinny man with an unruly beard came into the warehouse, followed by a short, chubby man wearing a suit and carrying a suitcase; and a large man wearing a full soldier's outfit, including a helmet and several grenades. The blond man spoke first, with a thick italian accent.

- About time you showed up. Shit, I go for a moment and everyone arrives while I'm gone. Right, I'm Falco. These are Friedrich - he pointed at the short man, who smiled politely at everyone except at Dutch, who he glared at-, a German sniper, and... Smith, an american. I think he's good at making things go boom. And you must be the Black Lagoon group, I suppose.

He looked at the group with suspicion, then pulled a paper out.

- Right, so this is the deal. We had an easy shot at the guy a few days ago, but the sniper who was supposed to kill him suddenly vanished. I wonder where his corpse is. Now, the bloody scientist is covered by some cartel or other. Not one of the big things, but still not easy for... just how many of you can fight? Anyhow, so we got some choices. First, we can storm the HQ five minutes from here, which is where they're keeping him. Second, we can attack a nearby outpost. That'll probably draw out some guards, thin their numbers, and prevent those from helping the HQ. Last but not least, we can go with Mr. Smith's plan and head to their main arsenal, about ten minutes from here. We cover him while he sets the charges and bang goes most of their firepower.

The italian man pulled a Scorpion from his shoulder hoist.

- Make your pick ladies. We haven't got all day. And we don't get paid by the hour here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 23:08

Revy pulled her twin Beretta 92F's from their holsters and smiled a very creepy smile.

"Bring em on! I prefer a stand-up fight to another bug hunt!"

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 23:27

Dutch grimaced.

"First I want to know who's keeping this guy and what sort of security they have. There are certain part of this city where you don't want to go stirring up a shitstorm."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 23:47

Eda let out an amused scoff.

"Who can fight? Looks like someone didn't completely color their Roanapur activity workbooks before coming to town."

She gave Revy a sideways smirk.

"I know Two-Hands here gets all hot for bullets flying at her head, but I also wanna know more about this Cartel, and what kinda group they are to have their own armory, and not have the Church know about it."

She shifted her sunglasses back up onto her nose.

"And most importantly, I want someone to tell me exactly how much my cut is in all this. I'm not like Pat Boone here," she thumbed her hand towards Revy, "I don't go wildly jumping into gang wars for the love of gunpowder."

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 23:53

Eda wrote:"And most importantly, I want someone to tell me exactly how much my cut is in all this. I'm not like Pat Boone here," she thumbed her hand towards Revy, "I don't go wildly jumping into gang wars for the love of gunpowder."

Revy languidly flipped off Eda and lit another cigarette.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 23:59

The italian man looked at the nun in disbelief

- You came here without knowing the pay? Holy shit, and I thought nobody would do this if not for the cash... We get paid fifty million, each. And as you can see most people haven't accepted even for that money.

He then heard Dutch's question, and smiled before answering.

- Well that's a good question. See, they're holed up in a warehouse nearby. I haven't been there myself, but I sent some people to look an' tell me what they saw. They said security was tight. One of ''em was shot down by a sniper, but two others came back telling stuff about heavy machineguns, perhaps MG42. The waters nearby seem mined, and I wouldn't be surprised if the other guy that didn't come back had found the land mines. Not to mention the arsenal's close enough for them to bring some heavy stuff, grenade launchers or maybe RPGs. I would also expect them to have surveillance cameras and that junk, but that's guesswork. And they might've hired some mercs to help'em out.

The outpost'd be easier. It's only a floor in a building, but as far as I know everything that goes on near the warehouse is planned in the outpost; consider it a sort of security center. I'd bet they also have the security cameras plugged to the computers in there. Security probably consists in guys with guns, perhaps one or two with AKs or shotguns, but they'll know we're going in thanks to the cameras. We take that down, and we'll have an easier time getting in since the patrols won't be that organized. Hell, we get lucky and there are no patrols.

The arsenal... it'll be a tough cookie but if we take it down this'll be a helluva lot easier. The way I see it, we're making them be more careful with their ammo. More importantly, they won't be getting any heavy guns, which I think they still haven't brought. The defenses aren't that good, but with the amount of firepower in there you just need a lucky rookie to take us all down. If we try to get in here, I'd advise infiltrating before letting hell break loose.

He took a deep breath during which the german spoke:

- That's all very well, but I'm not suited for that. My thing is long range persuasion, I'm far too shy to go face to face with anyone. So what shall I do while you prove the falsehood of their beliefs?

Falco shrugged and continued, looking at Eda:

- Actually what I call the armory is just a store where they put the weapons while they come and go. But they recieved a large shipment of heavy machineguns and all that junk recently, so I think calling it armory is more accurate. Mainly, the cartel deals in drugs, but they also have their hands in the weapons bussiness. Their leader is one of those guys that leads through fear, and they usually execute people in their way unless they have some sort of contact. It an ambitious group, but they still aren't very powerful. If they've invested all this money in security and gear though it means whatever is in that suitcase will make them one of the major players here. Probably the Church knows about'em, but I doubt you've taken much interest in them. Until recently, it was just another mafia trying to make a hole for themselves in this city of shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 0:12

When she heard the figure, Revy just stared at the Italian man as if he'd said the sky was orange, her freshly lit cigarette hanging from her lip.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 0:16

Dutch snorted.

"Whoever's paying better be serious about that fifty mil, because if I have to go up against that kind of firepower and get ripped off, there will be hell to pay. Even now I'm half tempted to sit it out until Balalaika gets pissed off enough to stick her Vistonikii on these guys."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 0:22

Eda suddenly dropped the obfuscating aloofness.

"Did I hear you correctly? Did you say 50 million each?"

She pulled her sunglasses off, letting her blue eyes shine in the mid-day pacific sun.

"You had best have explanation for that much cash on hand, cause right now, I'm having a hard time believing it."

She slipped the sunglasses back on, took a step back, and instinctively raised her guard up to it's highest level.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 0:29

"What she said," Revy added. "You're telling me you're walking around with a quarter billion on you?"

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 4:05

Falco almost laughed at their reaction, but only hinted a smile.

- Fifty million in local coin. We'll have to change it to dollars on our own. And of course I don't have that money on me right now. But I know where it is, which is more than you can say, and I know our contractor personally. Suffice to say we're getting paid one way or another, but not until the mission is complete. -He then looked at Dutch, and continued- Dude, you can sit and wait, but if Balalaika gets whatever is in that suitcase, we're going to be in much deeper shit, that's for sure. In any case... I do have something on me right now.

He stopped talking for a while as he pulled a bag out of his backpack and tossed it to the group in front of him.

- That's to get you started. Five hundred thousand dollars, which will be substracted from your pay. And, by the way, once you take that money, there's no way back. You sure about this?

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 11:34

Eda remained a bit skeptical.

"50 million Baht is still a lot of money, but at least now you're poking your greasy head into more believable territory."

She thought about if for a moment, then looked at Dutch and Revy, then pulled them aside, out of earshot of the other group.

"Couldn't you guys get your hacker friend to do some snooping around? You don't pay him for his looks, do you Dutch?"

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 13:58

Dutch considered.

"I can ask, but I doubt he'd be able to find anything with so little information to start with. And it looks like our "friends" over there are getting impatient. Much as I hate to say it I think we may have to consider this a take it or leave it deal. If we don't make a decision shorlty, they'll probably go offer the job to someone else."

Sometimes, there were real disadvantages to living in a city which had as many guns available for hire as Roanapur did...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 14:06

Eda shrugged her shoulders.

"Well I vote we take the money. I've already invested in this sideways plot, and one way or another, I'm going to get my money back."

She looked back towards the three waiting men.

"As to the specifics, I say screw going after the weapons cache. We'll be running into guns no matter what, so I prefer we don't go looking for the biggest ones on purpose."

The nun lit a cigarette.

"But hey, what the hell do I know? I'm just here to get out of chores."

Eda smirked and stamped the barely used cigarette out onto the ground.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 14:28

Dutch nodded and raised his voice.

"It looks like we're in. And I'm with my friend on this one, I have no desire to go after that armoury. We're here to take that case, not start a war. Best that we just make sure we're out of there before the heavy weapons arrive."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 14:34

Revy, who'd been looking forward to a good fight, sighed and waved her hand in a vaguely circular motion to note to Dutch that she was okay with the current plan.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 22:43

Falco smiled again.

- Right, so you kids are taking the heat. Very well, then I guess it's up to me and boom boy to deal with the outpost. - He was about to continue when he was interrupted by the German.

- And what about me?

- Hell knows. Get to some vantage point and kill everything that makes a run for the weapons warehouse, I guess.

- Just that? - The sniper seemed disappointed, and sort of pouted.

- Yeah. Now shuddup, I'm trying to make a plan. As I was saying, you'll have... dunno, maybe ten minutes before it all goes to hell. As for the outpost... well, if it falls they'll be in disarray, but if it doesn't you'll be well and truly fucked. Try to survive acquiring the suitcase, or you'll never live to take advantage of your money. You two chicks are the main gunners, right? I suggest you take a few of these - He dropped his backpack and started rummaging in it - Damn, where did I put'em? Well, this could be useful... - He pulled out a couple of radios and continued searching inside the pack - Ah, here. Fuel-gas grenades, or whatever the technical name is. They make a nice flamy explosion. - He put a bag on the floor. It was half open and inside of it was a bunch of said grenades. - Have a couple, the employer's paying. And the radios'll help you coordinate with our French sniper.

- German! How many times to I have to say I'm German?

- At least once more. Anyhow, that's all I can think of. Any of you got any great ideas before we get started?

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 23:34

"Not without getting a good look at the target," Dutch noted before turning his attention on Revy and Eda.

"We should probably take the car rather then the Lagoon. Unfortunately I think Benny is going to need to stay and babysit the boat, so he probably can't be our getaway driver for this one."

Turning back to the other group, he continued.

"Give us about thirty minutes to gather what we'll need and get into position. We'll radio you when we're ready."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 23:40

Falco nodded.

-Understood. Friedrich over here knows where it is, he'll show you the place when you're ready. I'd better get going, that outpost is not gonna take care of itself.

He grabbed his backpack and gestured to the large soldier.

- Let's go.

When he was gone, the sniper stared at the place he'd left through and lifted his middle finger.

- He really likes his own voice, that Falco. Wish he'd shut up sometimes. - He then turned his attention to the Black Lagoon group - I'm ready when you are. - He stated before sitting on a nearby crate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 23:46

"Then let's make like geese and get the flock out of here!" Revy snarled.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 23:51

"You and me both."

Eda said to the sitting man about Falco, while she lit another cigarette.

"This is what I'm thinking. Everyone knows what a common crook Revy used to be, so when we get to the warehouse, she can hotwire a big ass truck. Then we'll put a brick or board down, and drive it straight into the main door."

She watched Revy's reaction to "common crook" with amusement, then continued.

"After it plows through, we toss in those napalm grenades, or whatever they are. Revy takes point, and Dutch can follow. I guess I could take rear guard while you guys search for whatever it is we need to get, and act as getaway driver if need be."

She tossed the cigarette away.

"If that's too rough cut for anybody, might as well speak up."

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 23:58

"Blowing shit up works for me," Revy noted.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:03

Dutch nodded.

"We may want to make some adjustments when we actually get a look at the target, but it's a good start. I'm going to go get some things from the Lagoon's locker. I suggest you two grab anything you feel you need as well."

The last sentence was really meant as much an attempt to ensure he got a chance to talk to them out of earshot of their new 'friend' as anything else.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:07

"I'll tag along. I hope I'm not wrong in thinking you guys brought some extra toys with you. The only thing I left with from the Church is my Glock."

Eda said, counting on her fingers roughly how many she figured she could take out with her handgun.

"You coming Two-Hands? Or gonna sit there on your ass?"

She smirked.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:10

Revy flashed Eda the international sign for "You're Number One", but she did haul herself out of her chair and followed after Dutch and Eda.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:17

"Of course we've got heavy weaponry aboard," Dutch noted. "You should know that, you're the ones who supplied most of it."

Making his way back to the Lagoon, Dutch led the other two into the hold where the Lagoon's small arms were stored.

"I probably don't need to tell you two this, but I think we'd better watch our back around these guys, particularly our German friend. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to pick us off once we've got what he wants."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:18

"Well we could always take him out ahead of time," Revy offered with a grin.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:24

Eda nodded, switching out of her "crazy nun" facade and switching to business mode.

"I had the same thoughts. Why did they give us the sniper when we already have 3 guns - 4," she corrected while looking at Revy, "when they only have 2. Not sure if we'd want to off him now though, but that thought also crossed my mind."

She shrugged.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:27

Dutch shook his head.

"Our reputation as a company would take a hit if we did that. All I'm saying it be on your guard. Walk softly, and carry a big stick."

He gestured at the cabinets holding the Lagoon's various small arms.

"Speaking of which, feel free to help yourselves. I think we're going to need some extra firepower to pull this one off."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:39

Revy removed an FN Minimi machine gun, handing it to Eda.

She then handed her a 300-round belt of ammunition...

A half-dozen spare magazines for her 92's...

A flak jacket...

A helmet...

A...

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:43

"What the fuck Revy?!"

The angry, muffled voice said beneath the mound of gear.

"You better really use all this shit."

She lightly wavered beneath the heavy load, but refused to admit it was too much to carry, especially since it was Revy who challenged her.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:47

Dutch shook his head as he selected his own weapons.

"Revy, don't load her down too much. We may need to move fast to get out of there in time, and I don't want to have to leave anything expensive behind. Only take as much weaponry as we can move quickly with."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:50

Revy grumbled, but she dutifully removed two 92 magazines from Eda's load.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:51

"Fuck you."

Eda spat out.

"If we're done here, let's get back to Mr. Suit. I'm sure he's wondering what the hell's taking so long."

With that, Eda moved towards the deck, albeit slightly slower than normal.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:53

Revy put one magazine in each back pocket and followed after Eda.

"Step aside Jackson! You're holding up the parade!"

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 0:55

The german listened to their plan calmly. It didn't involve him, as he
expected, so he had nothing to add. Their life, their risks. He waited
for everyone to get ready with the kind of patience a sniper must have, then nodded without a single word and left the warehouse. He took several turns in the alleyways and the
group appeared behind the warehouse they were supposed to attack. He
then looked at them.

- I'm staying here. I'll kill as many as I can, but I can't promise anything. Good luck.

With that, he entered a nearby building.

The base itself was well defended: the rear door, which is where the assault group was at, was covered by two MGs which were currently unmanned and patrolled by two cartel members. Around the whole perimeter there groups of two or three men, standing guard and smoking,
sometimes chatting amongst themselves.

Nearby a few trucks were unloading crates. One of them was dropped by a worker and cracked open - it was full of ammunition, large and in belts.

On the roof of the warehouse three people were visible, all of them carrying long weapons, probably sniper rifles.

A small group of people were practicing their shooting in an improvised shooting range on the side of the warehouse, most of them with AKs but a few with M870s. The sound of an explosion made it clear that conventional firearms were not their only weapon.

As you watched, one larger patrol came by. Five men in the patrol were equipped with AKs, while the last one carried a Stinger on his shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum