The little things

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The little things

Post by MP5 on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 20:58

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
And where does a young cyborg in love come by such funds?

Jay: I admit it...I had to make a deal with the devil.

Issac: Awww mate, no...you didn't.

Jay: I did.

Claes: JAY! What are you doing sitting on your ass!? You've got a massive loan to pay off and I've got a big truckload of fertilizer that needs to be spread over my garden so get cracking!

Hold on now, you can't count out his Vegas winnings... But then after the EU Tax and Priscilla finding out he'd been holding out on her, this is a likely decision on his part.

MP5

Forum Posts : 1767

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 20:43

Well...Las Vegas gains notwithstanding, becoming Claes' slave is just funnier. Jay needn't worry about having to spread la merda alone. Marisa was sentenced (by Elio) to 5 hours of indentured servitude for her ringleader's role in crashing a van into the garden, and at the careful rate Claes uses those precious minutes it'll be December before Mari's paid off her full 5 hours.

Jay: (gagging) Did she have to chose the hottest day of the year to fertilize? I can hardly breathe.

Marisa: These clothes are going straight into the trash...I'll never get this smell out.

Claes: (watching from a distance) Hey you two! Make sure that stuff is spread evenly! Work it down into the soil with your pitchforks!

Marisa: Why don't you come over here and show us?

Claes: Hell no! That shit stinks!

Jay: Damn it, I hope Allison appreciates what I do for her. Second base better be worth it when I finally get there!

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3422

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 21:00

And now you know why Kara tends a Japanese rock garden.

The only poop she has to worry about is Meeshie's when she mistakes the raked gravel for a litterbox.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10901

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Fri 30 Jul 2010 - 17:36

@Kiskaloo wrote:And now you know why Kara tends a Japanese rock garden.
That reminds me of a scene in the 4th installment of the original Karate Kid movies. With Ralph Macchio gone to pursue his brilliant acting career (I think I saw him working at Burger King a month ago) Noriyuki Morita brings his new student Hillary Swank to a Buddist monestary to train, where she practices spinning leaps in the rock garden.

Might Kara's garden become an informal training venue?

Another thought: Hillary Swank learned karate from Pat Morita and boxing from Clint Eastwood. I'm pretty sure she could kick my ass.

Professor Voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 30 Jul 2010 - 20:36

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:And now you know why Kara tends a Japanese rock garden.
That reminds me of a scene in the 4th installment of the original Karate Kid movies. With Ralph Macchio gone to pursue his brilliant acting career (I think I saw him working at Burger King a month ago) Noriyuki Morita brings his new student Hillary Swank to a Buddist monestary to train, where she practices spinning leaps in the rock garden.

Might Kara's garden become an informal training venue?

I implicitly trust your writing, so if you ever feel a desire to go there...

As to The Karate Kid franchise, I've only seen the second movie, and then only for a 20-year old Tamlyn Tomita.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Fri 30 Jul 2010 - 20:53

@Kiskaloo wrote:
As to The Karate Kid franchise, I've only seen the second movie, and then only for a 20-year old Tamlyn Tomita.
You're not really missing much. You're better off renting Le Mans.

Professor Voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 4 Aug 2010 - 1:20

Casio came up in the latest episode of HourTime so... that thing I keep drawing on MP5's Allison:

She doesn't strike me as a watch person, but their useful things to have... it's Casio's boggo DW5600 G-shock. Does everything time related Allison is likely to need, will be far more accurate than anything Jethro or Monty wear, is water-resistant to 200m (translation: you can snorkle with it on, but wouldn't want to go to deep) and, because it's a G-shock, should be resonably indestructible.

And even if Allison does manage to break it, they're only about fifty bucks so...

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5765

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 4 Aug 2010 - 9:42

You know that they make the baby-G Shock for girls...
Just in case you dont...

BTW, I'm holding back all personal opinions against that watch!

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 4 Aug 2010 - 9:46

..............................IT'S PAAAAAAINK!!!

boomer_gonz

Forum Posts : 2561

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 4 Aug 2010 - 9:51

@ElfenMagix wrote:You know that they make the baby-G Shock for girls...
Just in case you dont...

BTW, I'm holding back all personal opinions against that watch!
...Thanks Elfen. I had been trying to forget about that

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 27 Aug 2010 - 13:40

Michele is old enough that I like to think that when he was a youngster in his Karting days, he wore a TAG Heuer Monaco Chronograph and that it's still in a drawer somewhere at his parent's house. It was only $200 back in 1969 when it first became available (it will set you back $4500, now):

Speaking of the parents, now that Pop Pagani bought a Bentley Continental Flying Spur, he would have added a Breitling Bentley Motors Special-Edition Chronograph ($5250):

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sat 1 Jan 2011 - 14:34; edited 1 time in total

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 11:34

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 11:55

Ahh... I believe that's Cabestan too...

From the perspective of telling time, probably not. However, once you get into the complexity of something like this, the difficulty in developing and making it, then probably. Remember when you get to this price range most of this is a hand-assembly job. Some bloke sat down and made that chain piece by piece. The sapphire crystal also gets insanely difficult to manufacture if it's anything but flat. MB&F's HM4 needs 160 hours of work to create the crystal for one watch.

It's worth noting that the luxury watch market has one of the lowest price markups around.

Would I spend $220k on it though? Probably not. But for some this is like buying a supercar.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 3:47

WTF... even I'm having trouble with this one:

Original Rolex GMT master bakelite bezel... US$11,400.

Yeah, you read that right, eleven thousand, four hundred US dollars. For a little piece of plastic. Now, the bakelite GMT Master bezel is rare, Rolex very quickly switched to an aluminium one but, I mean really? Especially for one in such bad condition.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zarien85 on Wed 22 Sep 2010 - 21:19

zarien85

Male

Forum Posts : 113

Fan of : all of them

Original Characters : Cat Jade

Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 1 Oct 2010 - 9:33

Some of you may have noticed Monty wearing a different watch from her normal Heuer Camaro from time to time. Generally when she needs something a bit tougher or waterproof.

Finally found a picture:

Image via the Vintage Rolex Forum

It's a late 50s, Mercedes hand (civilian) Rolex Submariner 6538 (big crown) on a nylon NATO strap. First person to guess the significance of that gets a cookie. Yeah, yeah, I know a subbie from that far back isn't going to be particularly water tight anymore, but I'm taking some artistic license.

Oh, and that thing that now hangs from Jethro's wrist? Linde Werdelin's 3-Timer, in brown:

Image via Fratello Watches (yeah, how's that for naming?)

Notably Linde Werdelin also make a dive computer (the Reef) and a mountaineering module (the Rock) that clip directly over the watch itself, hence the little hardpoints on the side.

Oh, and you should see their marketing material.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sat 19 May 2012 - 0:57

While it might be somewhat known that Allison typically rocks a G-Shock for day-to-day use, some recent browsing on Jalopnik (and subsequently, Gizmodo) led me to consider a 'special occasion' watch for Allison, either as a gift from her adopted relatives, Brian, or Jay, or just something she picked up with some extra cash that dead Padania couldn't take with them.

For your consideration, watches by Officine Autodromo:

From left to right, top to bottom: Brescia watch, Vallelunga watch (Black dial), Vallelunga watch (White dial), Veloce watch (Stainless Steel case), Veloce watch (PVD Black case) (Not Pictured: Autodromo Vallelunga chronographs)

Autodromo Vallelunga Chronographs

According to this article on Jalopnik, Autodromo is the brainchild of a fellow named Bradley Price who was an industrial designer that thought how nice it would be to have a watch as pretty as the instruments on the dash of his '83 Alfa Romeo GTV6. expanding on that idea, he ended up creating a whole group of Swiss Movement watches that pay homage to old-school Italian sports cars and their rather beautiful tachometers and speedometers. I find the end result relatively charming, myself, and since the average price is just shy of $500 USD (though the chronograph models place them at $550), with my current pay, it's not too far out of my reach, provided I have the discipline to put away the money I would need to buy one for a few weeks.

Manufacturer's website

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 19 May 2012 - 5:51

Those are indeed nice to look at Very Happy

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 19 May 2012 - 21:00

'bout the only 'little things' Ayden has are bugs, candy an cheese in her pockets! sweat
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1975

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 19 May 2012 - 21:11

Kara is not the only Pagani with a new pair of shoes - Porsche Design Cannes driving moccasins.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 21 Aug 2012 - 7:44

Having a dig around for evening-wear watches, again on El's behalf. Unfortunately, cocktail watches have sort of gone out of vogue of late, so in order to find something really nice going vintage is probably the best option.

This Tudor(Rolex) from the 1950s is quite nice, albeit a bit plain I think to work well with the dress over in the outfitters thread:

As is this 1966 white-gold Omega:

As much as I'm generally not a fan of diamonds on watches, I think a smatteringn of them would help tie in with the diamond/rhinestone detailing on the dress. These are rhinestones:

On a 1930s Rolex. Personally I think, in context, this is the pick of the above. It's small, dainty, in steel rather than white gold and had just enough detailing to give it some sparkle without being shouty.

All from watchestobuy.com

For James I think we decided an IWC Ingenieur would be appropriate. I'd reccomend the chrono on a crocodile strap: both because it would offer some useful functions to him and also because it's slightly dressier (ironically) than the plain version... which I honestly think a little too sporting for his style as I understand it:

As to an "on the job" watch for Caterina... That's still a bit up in the air. I'd suggest a diver so it can take a few knocks, again with a chrono function. Unfortunately that's a bit of a difficult pairing... particularly without going overly sporting.

Omega handilly offer their Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono in a 37.5mm ladies size, with or without diamonds:

If she can avoid going swiming with it, Sinn make a nice 38.5mm chrono as well with a shockproof/anti-magnetic movement as well:

I know we looked at a couple from IWC as well for her, but I honestly don't think they're well suited to being slapped around on a cyborg's wrist... rule-of-cool notwithstanding of course.

Another option might be a Brietling Aerospace Titanium.

This is something I had originally slated for Monty when she was first created, but it was ditched as not fitting in with her style. It's larger at 42mm, but is however pretty hardy (not in the least as it has a quartz movement) and water resistant to a good depth. As I said it is quartz, the upside to that being it does give it a number of functions useful to a cyborg, not least among which is night-vision compatible backlighting... and of course the ability to switch said backlighting on and off at will, rather than having permanently glowing lume or tritium tubes.

It'd probably be worth taking it off the metal bracelet and swapping that for a leather or NATO strap to stop it rattling around on her wrist.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down