So we all know they're bullet resistant...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So we all know they're bullet resistant...

Post by Sintendo on Sun 16 Sep 2007 - 11:43

But can they survive stabbings or slit throats?

A knife easily penetrated Triela's hand (even though she blocked it from her face), but I can see a situation where, if Pino were on the attack, a sneak attack from behind and slitting a cyborg's throat would work much better than a gun. Afterall, they still need blood to live, right?
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: So we all know they're bullet resistant...

Post by LoC978 on Mon 17 Sep 2007 - 0:39

And oxygen. makes ya wonder how vulnerable her trachea is... maybe they have redundant circulatory and vascular systems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Mon 17 Sep 2007 - 6:31

Good question Sintendo!

I think it's a better way to kill cyborgs too.

**Joke:How about a chainsaw!!** :cyclops:

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 21 Sep 2007 - 12:12

Don't know about a chainsaw. They have trouble eating carbon fiber.
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

OMG HAX

Post by Wileama on Fri 21 Sep 2007 - 12:14

@LoC978 wrote:And oxygen. makes ya wonder how vulnerable her trachea is... maybe they have redundant circulatory and vascular systems.

Jesus H Christ! A redundant circulatory, and vascular system?! You barely have space for the organs you have boy! Sure artificial ones may be more efficient, but not that efficient.

Anyway killing the girls by blood loss doesn't sound easy. They never tend to bleed like they aught to. Really your only chance seems to be a major artery. Even then there is no telling just how much damage that would actually do. The girls have been shot enough that a major artery has to get hit from time to time. Slitting their throat would work, but slicing off an arm. Not going to kill them, at the very least not as fast as it would a real person.

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 21 Sep 2007 - 13:12

How about a hydroshock bullet to the forehead?
Hydroshock bullets do not work like normal bullets or exploding dum-dum bullets. They work by the principal of 'upon impact, creating a shock wave of vibrations which is equal to in frequency of water, thus causing cellular disruptions on a massive scale.'

Being hit by a Hydroshock bullet on any limp- you lose that limb.
Being hit by a Hydroshock bullet in the torso- your death will be a slow and painful one as your organs explode from within.
Being hit by a Hydroshock bullet to the head-... well... in one autospy record I remember seeing:
"Once the skull cap was remove, we were expecting to find the brain with the bullet leaving a train within the grey and white matter. We found scrambled jello inside."
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Fri 21 Sep 2007 - 14:57

There's always the good old standby to explain how they could survive such an attack.

Magic.

On the serious note, I would think that they mostly have an above average survivability compared to a normal meat bag (a.k.a. human.)

Something that a regular joe schmoe has been able to survive I would think the gals have a good, if not better, chance of surviving as well. Such as (loose usuage of ->) typical gunshot wounds, stabbings, car crashes, high drops and so on.

I have in my mind that while they do have higher stamina, endurance, pain tolerance, etc. - any (again loose usage->) absolute fatal injury for a human would be just as fatal for them as well. For example having your neck sliced with a sword/big frickin' knife. Or being hit by an RPG. Perhaps even a disemboweling by a pack of rabid zombies.

For the original post...I consider a slit throat to be an event one would be highly unlikely recover from (though there have been exceptions.)
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 21 Sep 2007 - 20:19

Chances are, if it can kill a vampire, it can kill a GsG Cyborg.
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 0:20

So that means that Buffy the Vampire Slayer is > than the GSG gals?

Figures. Wooden stakes > than any firearm.

*Breaks nearby chair legs and starts to whittle them for the impending vampire/cyborg invasion*

And no, wearing cloves of garlic only fends off possible dating opportunities.

👅

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 6:28

Buffy never ran into a someone smart enough to read the rules. Seriously though I think the stake would only kill out right if it where quickly removed. They might bleed slowly enough for their super awesome non-bleeding ability to work if the stake where left in. Well I suppose it also depends on how deep into the heart you got...

Wait, zombies, ZOMBIES?! That would be friggin' sweet! Gunslinger Girls Vs Zombies. Fuck yeah. You know your going to eventually have Zombie Gunslinger Girls. With their skulls, oh shit son! Your pistol to the head wont do the trick anymore! Though the zombies wont be able to eat their brains...

SUPER AWESOME! That's so going in my game.

@ElfenMagix wrote:How about a hydroshock bullet to the forehead?
Hydroshock bullets do not work like normal bullets or exploding dum-dum bullets. They work by the principal of 'upon impact, creating a shock wave of vibrations which is equal to in frequency of water, thus causing cellular disruptions on a massive scale.'

hmm, never head of hydroshock. At least not in terms of injury caused by bullets. I would think it would be more like a shock-wave resulting from displaced liquid more then vibrations. I can't seem to find any information about hydroshock on the web. Sounds a lot like an urban myth to me. Any idea where I could get more info?

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 9:01

I can think of several methods one could take down an SWA cyborg with, other than shooting them through their eye sockets, blowing them up with high explosives, or peppering them with armor-piercing bullets. All are rather unconventional, and probably quite effective.

I'm presently contemplating the wisdom of revealing these techniques here prior to writing them into a future fanfic. Stay tuned for the last word.

Last edited by on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 10:44; edited 1 time in total
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 10:20

All right, fine - I'll post them.

An intense electric shock or an electromagnetic pulse, in my opinion, could knock out an cyborg's cyber implants and leave him/her incapacitated. Administered in a sufficiently high magnitude, either of these could cause catastrophic results. I'll cite the case of a poor bloke whose corpse I examined at the hospital where I do my training in pathology. The electrocution he received was fairly mild, but it caused his pacemaker to short out and explode. It was ugly - the luckless guy might as well have pulled the pin on a grenade and held it to his chest.

The lion's share of a cyborg's body may be protected by armor, but I feel the same cannot be said regarding the finer aspects of his/her systems - like the auditory system, for instance. I've read of Nazi experiments that involved bombarding human test subjects with sonic weapons, these resulting in severe neurological impairment and, in several cases, death by cerebral hemorrhage. Considering that cyborgs' hearing is ultra-sensitive, I imagine the outcome could be far more severe if they were hit by such a weapon.

I'm not sure how effective chemical or biological weapons would be against mechanical children with artificial organs, or even radiation. My fanfiction, incidentally, depicts cyborgs as being immune to poison gas, germs and radiation, but vulnerable to highly corrosive substances. I've seen chemicals that can melt titanium - I imagine that kind of stuff could harm a cyborg.

Last edited by on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 10:42; edited 1 time in total
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 10:35

Any thing out of NBC should do it, though I'll probably name some specifically. Set on fire, venomous animals, drowning, a lot of, or well placed, blunt force trauma, Strangle/hang/garrote wire, Oxygen starvation, Freeze (Terminator II Very Happy), Heat (Lost in the desert), Standing in front of the wrong radar dish*, Touch of Death™, Spiked Pit, Bear traps(?), Crushing, Eating to much child asprin**, Alcohol poisoning (Hilarious), Electrocution, and I'm out of ideas.

* You think you could get a person to pop, like popcorn, with mircowaves? I can't think of any reason you couldn't. They might die first, but they should still pop, right?

**maybe this is why they aren't give other drugs, so they don't commit suicide?? Nah, guns are way easier.

-Edit-
Spent to long thinking, and you posted. Anyway exploding cyborg components is one I hadn't thought of. I always though of the girls as being very organic. From the surgery in episode two, to the leg replacement in vol 4, they always looked bio to me. Though I could see small chips here and there for nerves, maybe, maybe even one for brain washing. I don't know, have to think about it some more.

We never see organs though, so who knows what they look like. Some poisons may defeated in this manner, some may not, some may work at reduced effectiveness. I imagine things like cyanide, blood agents, and the likes would most certain still kill. Blister agents should work on the skin, and eyes, but may no longer damage the lungs. Nerve agents are entirely up in the air.

Last edited by on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 11:08; edited 2 times in total

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 10:53

This topic suddenly turned... extremely morbid....
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 11:09

Hey if your going to kill some one, you might as well do it right!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 11:14

This topic suddenly turned... extremely morbid....
::KNods but keeps reading and knows that she will have nightmares tonight and will have to talk to her uncle on the phone for about 6 hours before she can go to sleep. While hugging her stuffed Hamtaro::

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 11:20

You've never saw movies like Saw III, devils rejects, house of a 1000 corpses have you?

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 11:24

You've never saw movies like Saw III, devils rejects, house of a 1000 corpses have you?
N-no... ::Is ashamed of self:: You shoulda saw me when I was reading Triela vs Pino. I was reading it between my fingers. I'm squeamish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 11:32

you remind me of a highschool friend. She was very bad with the likes of that. In one movie guy just grabs onto an electric fence, he's tired of being in a concentration camp, Nothing big, just does some shaking, maybe a spark or two. She was shaking. Such innocence.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 11:57

you remind me of a highschool friend. She was very bad with the likes
of that. In one movie guy just grabs onto an electric fence, he's tired
of being in a concentration camp, Nothing big, just does some shaking,
maybe a spark or two. She was shaking. Such innocence.
My friends are always making fun of me since I'm like that. Or it just get's on their nerves. Heh. I'm suprised I like GSG as much as I do.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 16:57

@Wileama wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:How about a hydroshock bullet to the forehead?

hmm, never head of hydroshock. At least not in terms of injury caused by bullets. I would think it would be more like a shock-wave resulting from displaced liquid more then vibrations. I can't seem to find any information about hydroshock on the web. Sounds a lot like an urban myth to me. Any idea where I could get more info?

The mistake maybe mine, but here is a link:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM517-3593-207.html

Obviously its a spelling mistake of Hydro vs Hydra, but when I spoke to my gun-nut friend of mine, he saids that they go by either name, and both function the same. You need to see a gun dealer about that.

He also stated that these bullets can only be legally owned in limited qualities (at least here in the USA). Though they do have limited amour piercing abilities, it can be enhanced by various techniques which I wont mention here. You can always shoot at the same place twice- and you can forget about what ever amour that was there. But as for the injury pattern, its as it was said- but I'll add this: upon penetration, the bullet opens up or mushrooms, creating a shockwave within the area it penetrates. Its it the shockwave that does the killing damage and not the penetration.
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 20:24

DarlingRose wrote:
you remind me of a highschool friend. She was very bad with the likes
of that. In one movie guy just grabs onto an electric fence, he's tired
of being in a concentration camp, Nothing big, just does some shaking,
maybe a spark or two. She was shaking. Such innocence.
My friends are always making fun of me since I'm like that. Or it just get's on their nerves. Heh. I'm suprised I like GSG as much as I do.

Lol. I've dissected a few cadavers in the past 3 years...

Smelly, yes, but the sight doesn't bother me. Plus it feels like butchering gigantic slabs of meat, albiet very carefully :lol!:
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 20:44

My experience in laboratories and morgues tells me that smearing Vicks VapoRub just under your nostrils does wonders to stave off the smell.
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 21:17

@Nachtsider wrote:My experience in laboratories and morgues tells me that smearing Vicks VapoRub just under your nostrils does wonders to stave off the smell.

I was given this advice, but it didn't help at all. Only made the stench of death a little bit more minty. Puzzled
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 21:32

I suppose this might be due to my having a less sensitive olfactory system than you, Sintendo - I've had sinus problems for years.

We'll go one better, then - wear a surgical mask with the inside surface smeared with the strongest perfume you can find.
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 22:07

@Sintendo wrote:I was given this advice, but it didn't help at all. Only made the stench of death a little bit more minty. Puzzled
Laughing @ minty death!
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 1:33

@Nachtsider wrote:My experience in laboratories and morgues tells me that smearing Vicks VapoRub just under your nostrils does wonders to stave off the smell.

Vick's Vaporub works when dealing with a morgue, where most of the bodies are kept "fresh". Working at a "highway" hospital you eventually find yourself on the "first response" rotation. I'm not exactlly sure what it was, but they gave us some kind of nostril spray that deadened our sense of smell for a couple of hours. In emergencies(i.e if you absolutely need your sense of smell at all times) old-fashioned MentholLitthum(sp?), a British medicine chest staple for decades, works wonders. The trouble is actually cleaning it off.
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 4:20

When did you all start hanging around Morgues? Is this what the youth does today, is that's what's hip?! Damn whip snappers!

@ElfenMagix wrote:The mistake maybe mine, but here is a link:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM517-3593-207.html

Obviously its a spelling mistake of Hydro vs Hydra, but when I spoke to my gun-nut friend of mine, he saids that they go by either name, and both function the same. You need to see a gun dealer about that.

... But as for the injury pattern, its as it was said- but I'll add this: upon penetration, the bullet opens up or mushrooms, creating a shockwave within the area it penetrates. Its it the shockwave that does the killing damage and not the penetration.

\\reads page

Hu, they sound like regular old hollow points to me. I was always under the impression that hollow points did their damage by rending flesh, not liquid based harmonic vibrations propagating through the body. A single shock-wave I could see, but the way you initially described makes me scratch my head. I'm no expert though, I'll try doing some more research.

Anyway I said I had to do some thinking about electrocution, and how it would effect any electronics the girls may have. The girls contain a lot of what I like to call 'handwavium'. In true quantum nature handwavium can not function while begin observed. So considering there isn't a reliable understanding of the mechanics of the girls this really boils down to making assumptions.

\\Toss disclaimer aside

I firmly believe that the girls are mostly bio. The agency seems to have the request tech to be growing muscles. To boot the Vol 4 Pg 18, has a doctor taking an ultra sound of Claes heart. I'm not doctor but it looks like the valve system is at least bio. Which leads me to believe that it's nothing more than a normal heart, only made of the same super muscle we see else where in the body. I doubt any of the other organs are as natural as the heart, but I don't think any are all electro mechanical.

That being said the need for electrical circuitry should be minimal. Most artificial organs are going to be chemical/cell plants in plastic containers. I expect that most of what electronics there are will be small integrated circuits for the nervous system. Now these should not explode violent. Integrated circuits, thanks to their diminutive nature, tend to just pop. However failure of such devices would cripple said girl, maybe even kill as their heart gives stops getting the order to pump. I would be surprised to see a grenade like explosion though. I also strongly suspect the batter in said pace maker, which the girls should have none of.

Also sonic, I understand that sound can kill. However I was under the impression that sound kills you by vibrating things that should not be vibrated. Like your brain against your skull. So I don't think they would be more vulnerable to death, but one of those distracting speaker set ups, yeah. Though I wonder how do they handle the bang of a standard fire are when they can hear clear across the room?

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 5:53

@Wileama wrote:When did you all start hanging around Morgues? Is this what the youth does today, is that's what's hip?! Damn whip snappers!

I've got a degree in biomedicine, and am working towards a full-fledged medical degree. Hanging around morgues is part of both corpses - I mean, courses.
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 11:54

*agrees*

I've worked on a few cadavers for study as well. I find them completely fascinating. Perhaps I'm weird like that.

Back on target however:

Hydrashock Ammo:
I merely thought they were a type of modified JHP as well. Difference is they have a steel core to help expansion or something like that. Don't quote me on that, going by memory.

Electrocution:
I can see why they might place electrical circuits inside of their cyborgs, but if I were in charge of designing (right term?) them I wouldn't put electrical systems in them at all. What with all the militaries toting how they have "EMP" shielding and all that on their vehicles. I don't want my cyborg frying out on me.

Sides, we've all own some sort of electronic appliance. I'm sure each of us has had one that just fried cause it felt like it.

Finally Sonic weaponry: I think I once saw a show where a bounty hunter incapacitates his target by placing the cylinder of his revolver (dunno the kind off the top of my head, but it was a big one) next to the guys ear and fires it. Knocking the dude out cold. Now if that's actually possible or not I don't know. It was, after all, a TV show.

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 14:35

@Nachtsider wrote:
@Wileama wrote:When did you all start hanging around Morgues? Is this what the youth does today, is that's what's hip?! Damn whip snappers!

I've got a degree in biomedicine, and am working towards a full-fledged medical degree. Hanging around morgues is part of both corpses - I mean, courses.

Interesting.
I was a Bio/PreMed before life got in the way. Before and after, I did summers as a city pool's life guard and red cross first responder volunteer. I was there at 9/11 for the first week before the dust comtamination got to be too much to handle. By then, anybody that was to be found, were found. It was not until almost 18 months later when they found a few more bodies in the basement when they finally reached that level.

If it were not for the Life guarding experience years before, I would not have handled 9/11 as well as I did.
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 22:17

I don't want my cyborg frying out on me.

Laughing

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 24 Sep 2007 - 1:32

@rusty-spring wrote:Electrocution: I can see why they might place electrical circuits inside of their cyborgs, but if I were in charge of designing (right term?) them I wouldn't put electrical systems in them at all. What with all the militaries toting how they have "EMP" shielding and all that on their vehicles. I don't want my cyborg frying out on me.

Sides, we've all own some sort of electronic appliance. I'm sure each of us has had one that just fried cause it felt like it.

Electronics have their limitations, they also have their advantages. A gas turbine engines makes the M1 Abrams one of the fast tanks in the world. Also helps it gives the Abrams a relatively bad gas milage. We know that nerves have to be replaced in the girls. I can only think of just a small number of ways the this could be done.

First would be to grow biological nerves, and getting them to bind with the others. Difficult to replace, and repair, with no real advantages. Second would be to get some super conducting wires going. Nerve signals are small, resistance is bad. Super conducting at temperatures inside the body, could happen given enough miracles material science. Easier to maintain, but still no performance improvement over the original. Finally you could get regular wires with electronic amplifiers at various points. Easy to maintain, relatively simple, while offering performance improvement. More vulnerable to electrical attack.

As to longevity, just look at pace makers. Those things may only have to be implanted once. Electronics die more often then out, because of poor quality and planed obsolescence. My hard drive is only designed to last say five years. Considering all the other maintenance the girls receive there electronics aught to be little more than a drop in the bucket.

Which would you choose. Difficult to maintain, or create, systems that don't offer any advantages. Or a simple system that can work better then the original, while having an increased venerability to electricity? Though it is true there are ways to minimizes this weakness.

I believe I put out the idea of Faraday cages earlier. I'm not sure as to their limitations though. I never liked the electrical part of physics. However installing a copper mesh layer in the body has it's logistic, and technical issues. Though as far as I can tell it would do wonders of the girls in terms of electrical grounding.

@rusty-spring wrote:Finally Sonic weaponry: I think I once saw a show where a bounty hunter incapacitates his target by placing the cylinder of his revolver (dunno the kind off the top of my head, but it was a big one) next to the guys ear and fires it. Knocking the dude out cold. Now if that's actually possible or not I don't know. It was, after all, a TV show.

Maybe it was the pain of a ruptured ear drum? Or he though he was about to die, and fainted like a wuss.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 24 Sep 2007 - 6:28

Or he though he was about to die, and fainted like a wuss.
-most likely. A good portion of the damage that a gunshot wound does to someone is psychological. That's why someone on PCP can keep on coming with 30+bullets in him.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 24 Sep 2007 - 7:44

Don't forget Japanese troops during the Pacific War, who were often pumped up on opium and/or sake. U.S. infantry frequently reported having to shoot each man at least six times with their M1 Garands or blast away with half-magazines from M1 Thompsons before dropping him. I recall reading of an American marine on Peleliu who wound up losing one of his kidneys to a Japanese soldier's bayonet despite him emptying his M3 grease gun at the guy, who continued charging in even as the bullets rammed home.

On the other hand, however, one needn't be high on something to withstand battle wounds. Take the April '86 FBI Miami shootout, for instance - bank robbers Mike Platt and Bill Matix's ability to fight through multiple traumatic gun shot wounds, continue to battle and attempt to escape were not achieved through any artificial means, including body armor or drugs.
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 24 Sep 2007 - 14:34

Drowning- we know that works!
Jean saved Ricco from a watery death with CPR... in Vol 6.
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 24 Sep 2007 - 14:42

huh? CPR?
do you mean this scene?
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
-Jean only pulls her out of the water in that one.
I'm not saying they can't drown... I'm pretty sure they can. But I've never seen CPR used on any of 'em.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 25 Sep 2007 - 15:14

@LoC978 wrote:huh? CPR?
do you mean this scene?
-Jean only pulls her out of the water in that one.
I'm not saying they can't drown... I'm pretty sure they can. But I've never seen CPR used on any of 'em.

Good that you've corrected me.
I was going by the old Wiki article on Wikipedia, Which has been through several changes in the past couple of weeks.
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 28 Sep 2007 - 12:51

Wikipedia's only as good as the people penning and editing it.
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 3 Oct 2007 - 13:55

Some of those people in Wikipedia should be shot!
They removed all the pretty pictures!
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Thu 4 Oct 2007 - 3:46

@ElfenMagix wrote:Some of those people in Wikipedia should be shot!

Really? What pics?:face:

emperor

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 4 Oct 2007 - 13:21

@emperor wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:Some of those people in Wikipedia should be shot!

Really? What pics?:face:
Gunslinger Girl Wikipedia had the pictures of all the handlers and cyborgs there. As of 09/13/07, all but two were removed, and some of the data updated. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gunslinger_Girl_characters
(linking text does not seem to work on wikipedia links)

Who ever did that needs to be dragged out of his computing chair and shot.
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 4 Oct 2007 - 18:05

They were probably screencaps used without permission (from the publisher), using imageshack or somesuch. Wikipedia gets bitchy about copyright infringement.
just look at all the shit that goes along with using this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Characters_of_Gunslinger_Girl.jpg
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 4 Oct 2007 - 20:54

That is so sad, considering that Japan and many other Asian countries do not care about copyrights, and tend to steal ideas from other sources and call it their own.
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Thu 4 Oct 2007 - 22:36

At least Jose still there with his sister! Smile

emperor

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 10 Oct 2007 - 22:46

That they are...

Anyway- how about getting hit by a Mack Truck and dragged like the first Ternimator was?

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 10 Oct 2007 - 22:54

I recall Rico survived being hit by a car, but I feel that being hit by an eighteen-wheeler would cause serious damage. Durable though the girls may be, I doubt they're as durable as Mr. T-101.
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 11 Oct 2007 - 7:13

Hit by a car is going to kill with blunt force trauma. However I hadn't though of that specifically.

I thought all the idea's had dried up, but a part of me enjoys the morbid challenge. Tied to the train tracks like a damsel in distress...

\\Goes off to plot

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 11 Oct 2007 - 11:26

Today's aerodymanically shaped cars kill in an instant; the short slopping hoods forces the person being struck to hit their head against the windshield and its frame, cause massive head trauma. Its to unlike an older car, where you bounce off the hood first and then roll off it.
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 11 Oct 2007 - 11:33

my brother was hit by a pickup truck when we were teenagers. most of the damage that was done to him happened when he hit the groud (broken clavicle)
Today's aerodymanically shaped cars kill in an instant;
ah, another reason to hate new cars. give me a mid-60s chevy any day.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum