'Cute' Tournament Nomination Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 'Cute' Tournament Nomination Thread

Post by Piero on Tue 8 Dec 2009 - 23:42

Well I guess that's thirty-two.

Given that I'm going to be giving Triela a few days to get her profiles done up -and may well not be starting voting until after Christmas at this rate -do you people think you can manage another sixteen nominations without scratching the bottom fo the barrel too much? I'd kind of like to give people like Kodoku a chance to participate, but I also need to get a number that breaks down well, and fourty-eight is the next number that does that reasonably well.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Wed 9 Dec 2009 - 3:07

@Piero wrote:do you people think you can manage another sixteen nominations without scratching the bottom fo the barrel too much?
If we can't, you could just reject all the ones after the current cut off. It's sounds harsh, but I'd take it over nothing.

@Piero wrote:I can cook up a system to deal with three finalists, but a number like 36 that breaks down to nine is a bit more challenging.
If you have 9 finalists, you could make it be three battles of 3 characters, the winners of which battle in one final winner-takes-all three-way finale.

I would love to give you a name, but right now my brain isn't functioning correctly. Every time I try to think of something fun it just starts going in loops. -_-

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Forum Posts : 1237

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 9 Dec 2009 - 3:25

@KodokuRyuu wrote:
@Piero wrote:do you people think you can manage another sixteen nominations without scratching the bottom fo the barrel too much?
If we can't, you could just reject all the ones after the current cut off. It's sounds harsh, but I'd take it over nothing.

Um, you do realise that Boomer beat you to the punch for the final spot, right? I thought you had some you wanted to make...

If I can get enough people to express interest in making further nominations then I'll go for forty-eight. If not, I'm sticking with thirty-two. Sorry man, but I just do not like three way matchs. (I dealt with the three finalists from the babes tournament by running two against each other than running the winner against the remaining candidate, if you remember.)

Part of me feels like I should give up a slot (I have the most nominations so far, with five) but I'm having difficulty deciding on a nomination to give up. I always seem to have one of the longest nomination lists with the tournaments I run. Wonder if that's a bad thing for someone who is supposed to run the bloody things... Laughing

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 1:50

@Piero wrote:
@KodokuRyuu wrote:
Um, you do realise that Boomer beat you to the punch for the final spot, right? I thought you had some you wanted to make...
Yeah I do realize that. What I'm saying is, currently any nomination I make would be rejected due to the limit. The alternative is to have a chance to nominate while knowing there's a good chance that they will be rejected in the end due to not reaching the new limit. I'm just saying that the way I see things, the latter is preferable.

@Piero wrote:Sorry man, but I just do not like three way matchs.
That's cool. I can see how they could be problematic.

@Piero wrote:Part of me feels like I should give up a slot [...]
Don't do something like that for my sake - I can't even come up with anything yet. If you have good entries, then there's a good chance someone else would have nominated them anyway. And I don't mind if I end up not being able to nominate anyone in the end.

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 13:51

Alright.

Well, then, anyone object to me launching the first round of voting tonight? (I have four candidates selected via random dice roller. One of them is one of Triela's, but I've actually seen Solty Rei, so I might be able to improvise a description, albeit perhaps not as positive of one as a big fan of the character might.)

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 15:51

WAITWAITWAIT!!!!!!!

I may be able to come up with eight or ten...maybe even twelve nominations by nightfall. And I mean legitimate ones too not Eiken Char's. Okay, maybe one or two, but I will Gawr-own-tea that they fill these cute moniker's to a K, ha ha, double E, double U, double T, ha ha, double E, ha ha.

To start, a primary list without description as I should have descriptions up by tonight and this should give ANYBODY ELSE enough time to get something in at the last minute to come up with the remaining 8-6. Consider this Overtime, Sudden Death, etc. No time for laying about or pussyfooting. It's crunch time so GET !@#$ DONE SON(or girl...whatever).

Primary List:
-Rizel(Rizelmine)
-Sasami(Tenchi Muyo)
-Ryo-Ohki(Tenchi Muyo)
-Sailor Mercury (Sailor Moon)
-Little Goku(Dragonball Z)
-Ichigo(Tokyo Mew-Mew
-Yukari Sendo (Rosario + Vampire)
-Nina Sakura(Ultramaniac)

boomer_gonz

Forum Posts : 2558

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 16:58

@boomer_gonz wrote:
Primary List:
-Rizel(Rizelmine)
-Sasami(Tenchi Muyo)
-Ryo-Ohki(Tenchi Muyo)
-Sailor Mercury (Sailor Moon)
-Little Goku(Dragonball Z)
-Ichigo(Tokyo Mew-Mew
-Yukari Sendo (Rosario + Vampire)
-Nina Sakura(Ultramaniac)

Good Yes Indeed

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10890

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 17:45

I worked extensively on the Solty Rei characters' article on Wikipedia, so if Triela doesn't write a description, I can. I'll try to come up with some characters today, now that I'm done with finals. Oh, some just came to mind:

* Ayuzawa Misaki of Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
* Wendy of Fairy Tail
* Elisiss of Eden's Bowy

I'll write descriptions soon. Hey, do younger versions of characters count? Cause I can think of some excellent nominations if they count. (These characters appeared younger in canon flashbacks)

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 18:15

I'm gonna nom Young Gohan(yes, that Goku bit was a typo sweat )

So unless Piero vetoes it, I don't see why not. I have a few in mind now though so to me it's all good.

boomer_gonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 18:15

Okay, Boomer, no offence, but do you mind leaving it at that? If you add your three previous nominations to the eight new ones, you have eleven nominations, which is almost a quarter of the tournament total that we're aiming for here.

On the other hand, I'm also going to give people until 9:00pm Pacific on Saturday to make their initial nominations. If we can manage forty-eight nominations by then (including the 32 confirmed nominations from previously), then I'll give people until the same time on Tuesday to get the complete nominations (nominations with pictures and descriptions) in.

Kodoku -I'm not quite sure how to deal with this one. I have no problem reinforcing a character's cuteness by including a 'this is what they were like when they were younger' pic, but I'm not so keen on the idea of basing the entire nomination on a flashback. On the other hand, I'm not sure I have a lot of grounds not to allow it either...

At the risk of pissing off Kiskaloo, I'm thinking of throwing Yukari Morita from Rocket Girls into the mix... Laughing

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 18:25

S'okay, I was aiming to give Kodoku some extra time anyway, but if after the deadline, you need a few more...HOLLA ATCHA BOY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 19:34

@Piero wrote:At the risk of pissing off Kiskaloo, I'm thinking of throwing Yukari Morita from Rocket Girls into the mix... Laughing

I found the character's situations ridiculous, not the characters themselves.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 20:52

If we're doing Rocket Girls nominations, Akane simply must be included.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 20:58

Did no one seriously nominate Ilya yet!? What's wrong with you people!? Ok, more nominations:

* Illyasviel "Ilya" von Einzbern of Fate/stay night
* Cibo of BLAME!
* Iko of BLAME!
* Gaara (young) of Naruto
* Primula of Shuffle!

I should mention that Gaara appearing young wasn't just a brief thing. It was a two episode flashback that made me tear up at the conclusion. Trust me, he's more than cute enough to qualify.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 22:17

Um guys, we just blew out our limit by two nominations...

Though I guess thew two nominations from Rocket Girls hadn't exaclty been confirmed, they were possibilities that were being raised by Outfox and I...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 22:58

@Piero wrote:Um guys, we just blew out our limit by two nominations...

Though I guess thew two nominations from Rocket Girls hadn't exaclty been confirmed, they were possibilities that were being raised by Outfox and I...
Plus I started writing that last set before Fox posted that. Also, I can un-nominate Iko if it helps.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 11 Dec 2009 - 22:29

That still leaves us one too many though...

I'm still trying to figure out the best method for resolving this. Do you mind giving me until tommorow night to think about it?

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 13 Dec 2009 - 1:15

Sorry Kodoku, in the end I decided against you since you were the last to check in. So unless someone else wants to give up a slot...

Part of me still feels like I should be dropping my own nomination due to the ambigious language though. Some 'impartial' host I am...

Anyway, descriptors and pics need to be in by 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Tuesday.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 13 Dec 2009 - 2:40

If I have to drop another one, then it would be Cibo - the more I think about it, the more difficult it seems it would be to make that entry work. There, that make everybody happy and clears us to go. Now I just got to get these descriptions thrown together.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 13 Dec 2009 - 3:59

Thanks for being understanding.

I'd better get Yukari's profile up soon as well.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 13 Dec 2009 - 23:00

Just a reminder people, you have til 9:00 pm PST on Tuesday to get your profiles done up.

A hapless Japanese high schooler who went to the Solomon Islands to find out what happened to her dad, who disappeared there while her parents were on their honeymoon. While stranded, she ends up hitching a ride from Yasukawa, an employee of a Japanese company called the SSA. The SSA is trying to corner a market in satellite repair by developing low cost manned spaceflight. Unfortunately, their rockets keep exploding during testing, and they’re about to lose their financial backing, so they’re trying to lighten their payload enough to lift it with a proven older model rocket. Yasukawa isn’t keen on having to lose almost a third of his bodyweight however, so he’s trying to escape. He proves less than successful in this, but his flight brings his boss into contact with Yukari. Immediately noticing how small Yukari is, said boss promptly offers her help searching for her dad if she helps do a job “so simple even a monkey could do it.” As he later notes, monkeys have gone into space before. And thus marks the birth of the world’s first (somewhat less than willing) teenage astronaut. Here’s Rocket Girls’ Yukari Morita.

Yukari gets told what her new job really entails. She seems to be having a bit of difficult comperhending...
Yukari's initial reaction to her first spacewalk.
The SSA's doctor has remarked that Yukari is at her best when she's 'flaming mad.' Given that her boss is unscrupulous, the company doctor is a sadist, the chemist in charge of fuel production has some screws loose, and various other factors, Yukari spends quite a significant amount of time in that state.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Tue 15 Dec 2009 - 7:32

Not sure if I made it, been out for most of the day. Err... Has anybody nominated the SWA girls yet? Checked up and down the thread, but I can't see them anywhere.

Who is that hot glasses wearing babe I wonder...
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 15 Dec 2009 - 11:08

Angelica might have been.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Tue 15 Dec 2009 - 11:58

@Kiskaloo wrote:Angelica might have been.
She was, I nominated her.
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Tue 15 Dec 2009 - 14:03

OOOOKAY!!!

Rizel from Rizelmine

Rizel was developed as a secret government project. She has stopped growing so she has the body of a 12 year old and has a happy-go-lucky personality. She started living with Tomonori but is subject to his constant abuse, always resulting in her nitroglycerin tears blowing up yet another part of his house. A running gag is that at the end of each episode, Tomonori calls Rizel an idiot, causing her to cry and thus cause an explosion.

She chose Iwaki as her husband and needs his love to be able to continue her growth. She is often chased by Hououin Ryunosuke, for her innocence and her cute bear panties.

Sasami from Tenchi Muyo

Sasami is the younger sister of Ayeka and so is also a princess of Jurai. Within the family group Sasami usually takes on the dual role of younger sister/mother. She may be the most responsible of the group and takes care of all the cooking duties. She has a rarely-seen mischievous streak within her however, and takes great delight in fooling the older girls.

Ryo-Ohki from Tenchi Muyo

Quite possibly the great grandmother of all furry-dom; Ryo-Ohki is a unique artificial life-form created by Washu. She is initially Ryoko's spaceship. She and Sasami quickly become
attached to each other she generally chooses to spend her time with Sasami rather than Ryoko.

She possesses the ability to transform herself into a small animal form, generally referred to as a 'cabbit', which she gained after Ryoko resurrected herself in episode 1. Following an incident later in the series, she gains the ability to shift to two humanoid forms; a child form and an adult form.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Tue 15 Dec 2009 - 14:13

Sailor Mercury from Sailor Moon series

A quiet scholar in Usagi's class, Ami Mizuno is highly intelligent, with a rumored IQ of 300. She can transform into Sailor Mercury, acquiring power over all phases of water. Ami's shy exterior masks a passion for knowledge and for taking care of the people around her.She hopes to become a doctor one day and tends to be the practical one in the group. Secretly, she is also a fan of pop culture and romance novels(the Harlequin kind), and becomes embarrassed whenever this is pointed out.

Gohan(young) from Dragonball Z

Gohan is a shy and studious intellectual, and as a child, he lacks the Saiyan fighting spirit. He must utilize his incredible half-breed Saiyan potential and emotional reserves to protect those he loves, becoming one of the most powerful Z Fighters.

Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew

Ichigo Momomiya is the leader of the Mew Mews. Ichigo is merged with the genetics of the Iriotmote Cat, giving her the ability to transform into Mew Ichigo. The transformation also causes her to exhibit various feline mannerisms while in her human form.At first, her cat ears and tail appear when she is excited, but eventually her cat DNA grows strong enough that turn when she is very excited she turns into a small black cat. She remains in a cat form until someone – human or animal – kisses her. And NO kiss the kitty jokes!!

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Tue 15 Dec 2009 - 15:32; edited 1 time in total

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Tue 15 Dec 2009 - 15:17

Yukari Sendo from Rosario + Vampire

Yukari Sendo is one of the smartest students at Yōkai Academy, and the youngest at age 11. She is a witch and always wears a typical witch costume which is considered by some students to be a violation of the school rules. As a witch, she has problems with her classmates discriminating against her. Despite ranking #1 on the examinations, she was a
lonely prankster before meeting Tsukune and Moka. She initially hates Tsukune, claims that she has fallen in love with Moka, and uses her magical powers to try to drive them apart. However, after both Tsukune and Moka save her from bullying classmates, she falls for him too.

Nina Sakura from Ultra Maniac

Her first scene is when Ayu Tateishi finds her crying because she lost a small, pink "box". Later, when Ayu finds and returns to box to Nina Sakura, Nina realizes that she has found a perfect person to reveal her strange secret to. She later reveals it to Hiroki Tsujiai who also
becomes her boyfriend in the manga. She is often seen in the anime trying to help Ayu with her love life. She'll do absolutely any thing to ensure that her friends are happy, even if it means suffering a little grief herself.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Tue 15 Dec 2009 - 17:16

Updated Nadeko's profile while I was at it.

This student attends the same high school as Yukari and had
a reputation as a straight laced, straight A student – a reputation she
disliked. So when Yukari tells her she’s
free to visit the SSA’s facility in the Soloman Islands
as a way of thanking her for helping save some goldfish, and that going into
space really isn’t that hard, this girl is all too happy to try and become an
SSA astronaut. Only one problem: she’s
physically weak – she weighs under 80 pounds – and is subject to fainting under
as little as 4G. Despite this, the SSA
decides to hire her anyway and just relegate her to roles where she doesn’t
have to be conscious during high G manuveurs, because aside from being able to
fit into tight spots to make repairs, she’s just that smart – not many girls
can calculate square roots while wearing a mask that simulates rapid changes in
atmospheric pressure. However, she finds
her skintight spacesuit embarrassing to wear in front of the media. Here’s Rocket Girl’s Akane Miura.
Alternate picture:http://i47.tinypic.com/2vhyzkk.jpg
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Wed 16 Dec 2009 - 0:40

Well that was a lot more work than I expected. Finding pictures is a pain. It doesn't help I get distracted and start reading the manga instead of going through it for pictures. Embarassed

* Ayuzawa Misaki of Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Misaki is the student council president (kaichou) of her high school, which was until recent times an all-boys school. As a result, the school still has a large guy to girl ratio, and the boys have a tendency to be rowdy, much to the girls' chagrin. So Misaki literally beats them into submission and is heralded as the girls' savior. However, despite the tough face at school, she secretly works at a maid cafe to pay for school. This of course sets her up all kinds of trouble as she feels she must hide this fact or she'll lose her authority in the view of the students, thus loosing all progress she's made to change the school. To make matters worse, a boy at her school (Usui) actually does discover her secret and he begins using this to privately tease her.

Misaki dressed special for her first date.
Misaki looking at a necklace given to her by Usui, and getting embarrassed about it.
Usui never ceases to embarrass her.

* Wendy of Fairy Tail
Wendy was raised by a sky dragon named Grandine who taught her how to use Sky Dragon Slayer magic. This magic allows her to heal others, though doing so takes a great toll on her. She is a member of the mage guild Cait Shelter and is accompanied by a talking cat named Charlie.

Wendy's character sheet.
Wendy arriving to represent her guild in a fight against a dark guild.

* Elisiss of Eden's Bowy
Elisiss is the daughter of a god, and in love with a god slayer (Jorrne). She can use powerful magic for healing and for upgrading weapons and equipment. She can also transform into two more powerful and mature forms, but prefers to remain in her youngest state. She is very protective of Jorrne and gets jealous when other girls get too close.

Elisiss worried about Jorrne.

* Illyasviel "Ilya" von Einzbern of Fate/stay night
While she puts up a cute face, she turns vicious and unmerciful in battle. However, once Shiro defeats her, she becomes much tamer and sees him as an older brother (which he ironically is by adoption). She aids him in his quest to win the Holy Grail War and also loli glomps him.

Ilya with her mother and adoptive father.
Beware the loli glomp!

* Gaara (young) of Naruto
So basically, when he was born his dad tried to turn him into a super weapon by implanting a powerful chakra Tanuki into his body. It worked but now all the villagers are scared of him and ostracize him. He just wants to play, but they throw rocks at him instead. To make matters worse, his dad thinks he's too powerful and could turn dangerous later, so he starts sending assassins after the poor kid.

If you want to see the sad story of his childhood, it's in these episodes:
Part 1 (time: 3:36-5:50), Part 2 (time: 7:15-13:30, 15:48-20:05), and Part 3 (time: 4:00-11:20)
If you don't watch Naruto, the parts outside of the times I listed won't make much sense, so just skip them.

* Primula of Shuffle!
I'm not familiar with Shuffle! at all, so all this is based on what I read on Wikipedia. A stoic and calm girl, Primula is the token loli of the Shuffle! series. She is an artificial life form created by experiments done by the gods and devils. She can always be seen carrying a stuffed cat doll around with her.

Animated gif of Primula dressed as a catgirl maid.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down