Marisa & Elio Concept Art

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marisa & Elio Concept Art

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 16:45

Finally finished my OC drawings...stories to follow soon.

Last edited by Professor Voodoo on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 6:03; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited picture)
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Marisa & Elio Concept Art

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 16:49

...and Marisa's long-suffering handler, Elio. His name is a tribute to 2 famous Italians who sadly, both died long before their time.

Last edited by Professor Voodoo on Mon 14 Mar 2011 - 12:44; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited picture)
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridler on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 16:57

Awesome! Very nice job, VooDoo!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT GSG PROJECTS:
N-O-N-E!

Ridler

Male

Forum Posts : 24

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, of course! Duh!

Original Characters : Cyborg: Maya and Handler: Angelo

Comments : No Comment!

Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 16:57

Sweet!

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 17:36

Intriguing... you've got a novel angle on her central conceit, and the matter of conditioning - sometimes overlooked - is cleverly integrated into her person as well. It's also good attention to detail and a characterful correlation with the setting to make Elio middle-aged, as pretty much all of the handlers except for Alessandro are in their thirties and forties and advancing in years. As someone raised in a foreign country and working in a foreign military I might wonder if Elio is perhaps a little too international for the Agency, but given his parentage and his retiring to Italy I think that his background can be made to work without too much difficulty. His relations with his father could be mined for drama!

I'll look forward to further developments with interest.

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 18:38

You have very good taste in hardware. A bit uncomfortably good, perhaps, in that a fair bit of it is awfully close to what one of my early OC fratellos uses as some of their tools of the trade. Oh well, there are only so many good selections out there. Just as long as that 3 Series isn't painted white... Laughing

Marisa is actually a pretty fitting name for a gsg, according to this write up on the name. I kind of wish it wasn't the same name one of the characters from my Due Anima fanfic had, but again, parallel development happens...

If your Marisa is a troublemaker, she might find my OCs Gina and Elisabetta to be natural co-conspirators. Wink They're both have massive mischievious streaks. Plus, since she was converted at age 11, Marisa has the added bonus that she's pretty young looking and therefore Gina probably won't hit on her. Laughing

There are a few recommendations I might make though. The key one is probably that you might want to have Elio join the SAS a bit later then you put him down as having joined. I'm not expert on the SAS, but my understanding is that you can't just walk right into a unit like that, and it's par for the course (indeed it might even be mandatory) that you serve some time in other areas of the army first.

Also, I have to agree with Robert on the age thing. I used to think my first OC handler (Piero) was a bit older then some of the canon handlers, but he's only about 32, which may not actually be that high up there compared to the SWA handler average.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 20:12

Elio's age is a critical plot device here. He got the job because of his friendship with Lorenzo, who needed;
a) An experienced diver to train the cyborg.
b) A mentor figure for some of his younger handlers.
There is also potential for a little humor there. Elio is probably the first handler that has to explain fiber pills to his trainee.

As far as the age of his entry into British Special Forces goes, you might be right. I based my assumption on my own military experience. You could try out for US Air Force ParaRescue or Combat Control right in Basic Training. Army Rangers and Green Berets I've known tell me it was the same for them. I did not try out personally...I wanted to go overseas and SF units are based Stateside.

Your link was interesting, Piero, but my research (Alfred Kolatch's Complete Dictionary of English & Hebrew Names) turned up a Latin root for the name Marisa. In either case the name fits. Finally, yeah the BMW is white...sorry.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 20:45

The age thing was actually meant more as a compliment.

I'm always leery to trust stuff I find online about Spec Ops units, but supposedly recruits who don't get through selection get returned to their units, which suggests you typically start somewhere else before hand. I also believe that the SAS is a top tier unit in the UK... a better comparison might be with a unit like Delta rather than the Rangers.

As far as the name goes -what can I say? It's the internet. I should actually know better then to just trust something at face value, a big part of the career path I'm going into is about evaluating information sources, after all.

As far as the car goes, well, at least Piero's 335i is probably the only white current gen 3-Series in the fandom with ballistic protection installed. Laughing And I'd actually thought about switching to a different model anyway. Though I'm not really sure yet. I tend to overthink decisions on that kind of stuff so I'm not sure how the cards are going to come down yet.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 21:06

Love the graphics and story lines.
Just one thing- You need to be in 50ft or great depth of water AND come up too quickly for the bends to kick in. Most water missions occurs between 20 and 30 ft of water. But if you are recovering gold from a sunken Nazi warship of the coast of Lybia- experienced divers know to take on special gear with them to go that deep. Unless she's diabetic, conditioning medication would have no effect on diving and diving would have no ill effects on conditioning.

You need to sort out some details here about that. But I love it and looks promising.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 21:21

The age thing was actually meant more as a compliment.

Same here, it's a fitting age.

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 21:54

ElfenMagix wrote:Just one thing- You need to be in 50ft or great depth of water AND come up too quickly for the bends to kick in. Most water missions occurs between 20 and 30 ft of water. But if you are recovering gold from a sunken Nazi warship of the coast of Lybia- experienced divers know to take on special gear with them to go that deep. Unless she's diabetic, conditioning medication would have no effect on diving and diving would have no ill effects on conditioning.

Diving is a subject I know inside & out. I've graduated from a 7 month industrial diving course (oilfield stuff mostly), and I'm currently a technical SCUBA diver. I do own one of the mixed-gas rebreathers I'll be including in the story.

Inflitration missions could be done at 20-30 feet, you would use an oxygen rebreather for that kind of work. It limits your depth severely, but it's much lighter and less complicated than a mixed gas CCR (closed curcuit rebreather). As with all CCR's, the absence of bubbles is a big plus. If you need to work deeper (like your gold salvage scenario) you'll need a mixed gas CCR, or more likely, surface-supplied gas like we use in the oilfield.

As far as the bends is concerned it can happen at any depth. People can, and have, gotten bent on a 10ft dive. Coming up too quickly certianly can contribute to a case, but rapid ascent more often results in arterial gas embolism (acute bubbles in the blood) or a pneumothorax (burst lung, air in the chest cavity). The bends can occur even if you've done everything right, and followed every safety rule...it happens when the body can not get rid of absorbed nitrogen in the bloodstream during decompression. Symptoms can manifest hours after a dive.

Enough about reality, believe me I could bore you all night with diving physiology talk.
The ficticious death of Marina was caused by the conditioning chemicals becoming unstable under pressure and breaking down, which released gas into the bloodstream. Yeah...I made it up, but conditioning is imaginary in the first place so I don't think I'm violating any of the rules of nature.

Piero; my Elio's M3 will be handed over to the SWA special weapons gurus at some point, but only to make it lighter & faster...not bulletproof.

Concerning Elio's age; I did not take anyones' comments as negative...sorry if it sounded like I did. I'm very happy to hear any concerns/advice/critisism from anyone.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 23:52

Good that you know you stuff. I have been in Water Safety and Rescue from '77 to '03 when summers allowed it. And I have to go through certification and recertification over the years. Though I may not be trained or certified for the things you know in deep sea operations, I do have to ask- what kind of missions are your operatives being sent through- ejection out of torpedo tubes? Most coastline operations does not require deep water excursions. Closed circuit stuff is great to hide the air bubbles but its a lot of equipment to have. And unless you be drilling holes into the bottom of yachts, most water missions are usually for land/vessel infiltration around/on water.

No disrespect to you, your characters and your works but sometimes I wonder where the fandom is going such highly specialized doo-dad and gadetry that would make 007 drool on his hard on. It is not what GsG is in Canon.

I really want to see the end results of this.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 0:35

ElfenMagix wrote:No disrespect to you, your characters and your works but sometimes I wonder where the fandom is going such highly specialized doo-dad and gadetry that would make 007 drool on his hard on. It is not what GsG is in Canon.

The canon doesn't really interest me beyond watching / reading it, which is why I don't follow it's formula in my fiction.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 1:23

ElfenMagix wrote: I have been in Water Safety and Rescue from '77 to '03. I do have to ask- what kind of missions are your operatives being sent through- ejection out of torpedo tubes? Most coastline operations does not require deep water excursions. Closed circuit stuff is great to hide the air bubbles but its a lot of equipment to have. And unless you be drilling holes into the bottom of yachts, most water missions are usually for land/vessel infiltration around/on water.

I wonder where the fandom is going such highly specialized doo-dad and gadetry that would make 007 drool on his hard on. It is not what GsG is in Canon.

Great to see another diver here! Where you involved in Water Safety & Rescue in the NYC area? That's some hairy water to work in!
I can't really get into too much depth about the missions I have in mind because...
a) That would involve spoilers.
b) I haven't even written that far out yet. I will say that I have one deepwater mission in mind that does make sense...about as much sense as anything could make in a universe with preteen cyborg assasins. I think it's best not to take things too seriously.
I'm not planning on writing exclusively diving stories either. The fratello will be used on regular missions as the SWA requires...they're going to get their money's worth. Besides, how many of the canon pages actually involve action? 40-50% at most? A lot of it is "dorm life" and fratello relationships.

As for drilling holes in the bottom of yachts...that would be difficult, involving a surface hydraulic pump & a lot of hose. It's much more fun to blow holes in the bottom of yachts with explosives.

Regarding the fanciful "Q" style technology you're right, the canon is pretty thin on that stuff. However, as long as an item exists in real life I don't have a problem with it.

Closed curcuit rebreathers don't take up all that much room. My dive partners & I can fit 3 full tech-diving rigs in the bed of a Honda Ridgeline. As far as the expense, yeah, they're stupid expensive, but if the Italian Government is picking up the bill, go for it (I wish I could have gotten the government to pay for mine).
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 1:59

ElfenMagix wrote:No disrespect to you, your characters and your works but sometimes I wonder where the fandom is going such highly specialized doo-dad and gadetry that would make 007 drool on his hard on. It is not what GsG is in Canon.
Dude. They can bring people practically back from the dead and turn them into CYBORGS. If they can do that, they can have Q gadgets.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 18:43

Marisa huh? Nice name! ^__^ You should give it two 's' instead of one. Marissa looks better! XD

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 18:52

Nachtsider wrote:
Dude. They can bring people practically back from the dead and turn them into CYBORGS. If they can do that, they can have Q gadgets.

But of course. That I know.
My worry is about looking at the canon material and then the fandom stuff out there. There are those who drives cars that would cost more than the R&D of their cyborgs, a couple that have went to space and 1 or 2 that has crossed some time barrier. I just dont know- I thought we were going after Padania and other sorted bad guys. Not go after those with so much power, wealth, and corruption that it would make Dr. No and his henchmen from Spectre look like they are selling girl scout cookies.

But again, I want to see how this is put together, and how long it lasts. Good luck to its creator and its creations!

Professor Voodoo wrote:Great to see another diver here! Where you involved in Water Safety & Rescue in the NYC area? That's some hairy water to work in!
I can't really get into too much depth about the missions I have in mind because...
a) That would involve spoilers.
b) I haven't even written that far out yet. I will say that I have one deepwater mission in mind that does make sense...about as much sense as anything could make in a universe with preteen cyborg assasins. I think it's best not to take things too seriously.
I'm not planning on writing exclusively diving stories either. The fratello will be used on regular missions as the SWA requires...they're going to get their money's worth. Besides, how many of the canon pages actually involve action? 40-50% at most? A lot of it is "dorm life" and fratello relationships.

As for drilling holes in the bottom of yachts...that would be difficult, involving a surface hydraulic pump & a lot of hose. It's much more fun to blow holes in the bottom of yachts with explosives.

Regarding the fanciful "Q" style technology you're right, the canon is pretty thin on that stuff. However, as long as an item exists in real life I don't have a problem with it.

Closed curcuit rebreathers don't take up all that much room. My dive partners & I can fit 3 full tech-diving rigs in the bed of a Honda Ridgeline. As far as the expense, yeah, they're stupid expensive, but if the Italian Government is picking up the bill, go for it (I wish I could have gotten the government to pay for mine).

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 19:33

ElfenMagix wrote:My worry is about looking at the canon material and then the fandom stuff out there...I thought we were going after Padania and other sorted bad guys.

Yu already has that taken care of with the manga so I don't feel a need to do the same, especially since he knows the characters better than I do. Plus I find his world too depressing.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 22:25

I should probably be a bit careful here, seeing as how I've previously gotten myself in hot water over these sorts of issues, but I wanted to point out that it just seems to me that Marisa's weapons choices are kind of odd for a GSG (Elio's less so). Particularly the Model 86. Both the RFB and the Model 86 seem to be intended primarily for civilian use, and the 86's key selling point, it's tip up barrel, is basically useless to a cyborg (since it's purpose is to allow people with weak hands to load the weapon more easily). It's basically a relatively large pistol in a relatively weak calibre.

I was also thinking that since these two have salt water to worry about, it might make sense for them to go for weapons that have a reputation for being able to stand up to that sort of thing well. Glocks seem to be particularly corrosion resistant, for instance, and some of variants of the P226 (which the SAS uses as it's main sidearm) are available with some pretty durable finishes as well. The arsenals of some of the European spec ops units that operate in salt water (like the Italian COMSUBIN) might also provide some useful cues.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 23:51

Marisa is the first one who use piano-wired as a weapon,is it?

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 0:20

Triela wrote:Marisa huh? Nice name! ^__^ You should give it two 's' instead of one. Marissa looks better! XD
I see what you did there.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 0:46

Not that it would matter, but in skimming over the story titles of Fanfiction .net (M section), there is a story by Darth Tabby, titled "Due Anima" which has a cyborg in it named Marisa.

Not that it would matter... Just pointing it out.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 0:53

ElfenMagix wrote:Not that it would matter, but in skimming over the story titles of Fanfiction .net (M section), there is a story by Darth Tabby, titled "Due Anima" which has a cyborg in it named Marisa.

Well, it would if I ever actually finished writing the second chapter. Laughing As of right now it's only Rosalia who has appeared, the only stuff my Marisa is in is on my hard drive.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 2:56

Piero wrote: I wanted to point out that it just seems to me that Marisa's weapons choices are kind of odd. Particularly the Model 86. Both the RFB and the Model 86 seem to be intended primarily for civilian use, and the 86's key selling point, it's tip up barrel, is basically useless to a cyborg (since it's purpose is to allow people with weak hands to load the weapon more easily). It's basically a relatively large pistol in a relatively weak calibre.

While I truly appreciate any critique I think you're obsessing over minor points. I admit, I don't know every detail about handguns...I was a bomb-loader and a fighter mechanic in the military. Frankly, I don't think it's that important to the story. I chose Beretta's because they are Italian, and Elio is struggling to reconcile his Italian identity with his British upbringing & training. He chose 9mm ACP weapons for both he and his cyborg so they can share rounds. Same with their rifles, they both use the NATO 7.62.
Besides, maybe I intend a choice of weapon to be a mistake, which becomes a liability later...
While weapons are an undeniably entertaining element of GSG, the real focus should be on relationships between charaters! That is why I chose what I chose...not because I claim to know what is best in real-life.
For example;
*Spoiler*
Elio actually starts the story with a Colt 1911. He loses it in my 2nd epiosode, and replaces it with an Italian 9mm to demonstrate solidarity with his cyborg.
*Spoiler End*

I'll actually address this in the story, with the younger handlers obsessing over which handgun is the best. Elio, as an older man, doesn't care. But please, let me at least get the typing done so I can release the story! Trust your writers...and if the story sucks please feel free to kick my ass then!

Sorry if I've been in a any way abrasive in this post. I'm currently looped on some fine Italian vino, and I'm liable to post anything!
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 3:35

I take it this would be a really bad time to point out that the 9x17mm round of the Model 86 and the 9x19mm round of the Model 92 are incompatible? (Also, my comments were directed more at the Model 86. I kind of figured the Model 92 made sense because it's more or less standard issue for Italian military and law enforcement.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 3:49

Piero wrote:I take it this would be a really bad time to point out that the 9x17mm round of the Model 86 and the 9x19mm round of the Model 92 are incompatible? (Also, my comments were directed more at the Model 86. I kind of figured the Model 92 made sense because it's more or less standard issue for Italian military and law enforcement.)

This is probably why I've never been interested in owning a gun. Alright...it's easy to change...FF.net is making me wait until I post anything anyway.
Do the rifles I chose at use the same round?
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 6:58

Do the rifles I chose at use the same round?

Yes, both the G3 and the RFB use 7.62x51mm NATO rounds (known by most as the .308 Winchester). It's a decent round for a 300-500 yard shot. One thing that you might consider is that the G3 (and other CETME knock-offs) have a chamber that creates a rippled pattern to the brass casing when it is fired. The fluted chamber was designed to improve extraction reliability, but leaves a very distinct piece of brass lying about.

Try here for information on the CETME, or other guns. http://world.guns.ru/assault/as60-e.htm

Wikipedia also is pretty good info. And dont hesitate to chat some of us up in the chatbox. A few of us are gun-nuts and have a decent amount knowledge.

It looks like you have a good story going on, so keep it up. BTW, welcome to the site.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 12:07

If you spend all your time sweating over the details, you'll never get around to actually writing a story. Razz

Personally, a gun is a gun. As an author, I have the luxury of deciding what design elements are relevant and what ones are not. It's unlikely my audience will stop reading and run to Google to deeply research a firearm I introduce and then fret over why I didn't highlight those unique elements. And if they do, well to be honest then they're not the audience I am looking for to read my work.

If anything, using a civilian pistol and caliber/round should actually be an asset. In Italy, 9x19mm is reserved for the military so if a CSI team finds that kind of brass at a scene where a fratello have been operating, it's likely going to raise red flags. Using 9x17mm or 9x21mm "civilian" ammunition isn't. It's the same if fratello employ re-loaded casings or custom bullet weights.

Then again, using an uncommon round can also be an asset. It's why I went with .40S&W with the HK P2000SK's my fratello used - it's an uncommon round in Europe so when the CSI folks showed up, they figured it was "those darn Americans again". Wink And using re-loaded casings with identifying marks (manufacturer, lot numbers) removed make it that much harder to track (at the risk of becoming a "fingerprint").

As for the saltwater angle, the H&K P11 seems to have that one taken care of. Then again, a good Gunslinger Girl will keep their weapon in meticulous condition so salts and sand wouldn't be an issue for a Beretta.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 17:44

Piero wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:Not that it would matter, but in skimming over the story titles of Fanfiction .net (M section), there is a story by Darth Tabby, titled "Due Anima" which has a cyborg in it named Marisa.

Well, it would if I ever actually finished writing the second chapter. As of right now it's only Rosalia who has appeared, the only stuff my Marisa is in is on my hard drive.

You're Darth Tabby?!! FINISH THAT PIECE OF WORK!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER FOR SO LONG!!!!

VooDoo- whats the hold up with FF.net? They being stupid again?
Yeah, I had an issue where I almost lost a chapter during upload because they were maintaining the servers at the time (they seem to do this at random and at the most inoppertune of moments!)

I agree with Kisk, even though my Fratello uses .45-ACP, 38Super and the very exotic .32NAA for hand gun ammo. When using the .32NAA, CSI is going to be scratching their heads on this one, ues they know American agents use it but its very rare of them to do so... Sometimes I wonder if Fernando should train Rachel in jigging the dead with a poker knife to retrieve all the bullets from the bodies... Nah... thats what clean up crews are for!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 17:59

The CSI angle was why I mentioned the chamber on the G3 (well, that and it was a hangup on my buying one, as I would need to load to feed it and those cases would be scrap after one firing). Not that my fratello has any room to talk, as they use the 40S&W, 9x19, and the .338 Lapua Magnum... I suppose leaving a miniature Stars and Stripes sticking in each body might shorten the search a bit more, but those schmucks are getting paid to look for killers, so it's no fun making it any easier.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 18:04

VooDoo- whats the hold up with FF.net? They being stupid again?
Yeah, I had an issue where I almost lost a chapter during upload because they were maintaining the servers at the time (they seem to do this at random and at the most inoppertune of moments!)

FF.net is telling me there is a 2 day waiting period (which ends Nov 18) before document manager becomes active. Unfortunately I'm going out on a job tonight (I work out at sea) so I don't know if I'll have internet access on the vessel. So...the stories might have to wait a few more days.

Elfen...I drew up some stuff using your Rachel character, in your comic style...I'll PM it to you for your approval.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 18:20

No problem!
Good luck with the job!

Keep this up and I'll have to add you to the GsG OC Wiki Evil

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 2:39

Professor Voodoo wrote: Enough about reality, believe me I could bore you all night with diving physiology talk.

Bore us all you want mate, I was looking at having my own fancharacters dive so any tidbits of info I can steal off you I'll be happy of =P

ElfenMagix wrote: Not go after those with so much power, wealth, and corruption that it
would make Dr. No and his henchmen from Spectre look like they are
selling girl scout cookies.

Hey, I'd totally buy Spectre Girl Scout cookies Very Happy

*ahem, yes... topic at hand.

Sweet characters man, and I like the graphics you've got (though I shall reserve judgement on the use of Comic Sans Razz ). The fact that you've got an actual technical reason for Marisa's lack of conditioning... and a side effect resulting from that as well is cool, it's nice to see that sort of detail. I know it's been said before but it's interesting, and good, to see an older handler as well... though to be honest the beard/glasses combo is reminding me of my old engineering-maths lecturer.

Either way, defs looking forward to seeing more of them.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5752

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 7:14

ElfenMagix wrote:No disrespect to you, your characters and your works but sometimes I wonder where the fandom is going such highly specialized doo-dad and gadetry that would make 007 drool on his hard on.
I personally think its pretty funny the way everyone tries to one-up each other when it comes to the shit their OCs own.

My OC owns a private plane.
Yeah? Well mine own a jet.
Thats nothing, mine has a space shuttle.
Screw you all! Mine has a whole freaking space station!

And yes Im also guilty of this.

I dont hate him specifically, its the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 11:35

Britney and Kara drinking a Chateau d'Yquem 1921 on their Moon villa:

Britney: "Did you hear about Hugo Drax's new space station?"

Kara: "Better Lairs and Hideouts said he went with plastic and glass for the interior furnishings. Where did he shop, Ikea?"

Britney: "Totally scandalous. And still using Space Shuttles. I mean the Orion has been out for years now, so he could at least buy Pre-Flown if he wanted to save some cash!"

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 11:48

Ah, but you gotta remember: Drax was building in the 70s... plastic was all the rage Very Happy

Besides, I think he spent all his cash outfitting his entire crew in
identical jumpsuits so that secret agents could blend in easily.
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 13:27

when you said Orion, i thought you meant the A-bomb powered one !

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 15:13

Kiskaloo wrote:Better Lairs and Hideouts

I dont hate him specifically, its the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 19 Nov 2009 - 8:52

Alfisti wrote:
Bore us all you want mate, I was looking at having my own fancharacters dive so any tidbits of info I can steal off you I'll be happy of =P
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the physics/equipment/medical aspects of diving. If I don't know the answer I can probably find it.

*UPDATE*
Okay; I finally got my first 2 stories published to FF.net. Sorry the first story (Marisa's New Home) is a bit long, but it covers a lot of ground that I didn't want to dwell on in later installments.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2148280/Prof_Voodoo

Hope you enjoy.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 20 Nov 2009 - 4:20

I dunno, it was just something I was mentally kicking around at the moment... but if I do decide to follow that path, prepare to be bugged =P

And now: reading.
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 1:36

New Marisa & Elio story;
Marisa 3: Trouble on the Compound
It's a "dorm life" story that could alternately be called Cyborgs Behaving Badly.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 11:13

To quote Adam Savage from Mythbusters - "That's your problem right there!"

Marisa, Henrietta and Rico all learned on too weak a car.

Claes learned to drive with a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder and Kara with a Ferrari 456. Yes, they have vast amounts of power, but they also handle and, more importantly, brake really well. Wink

And before you scoff, I learned to drive on a Porsche 928 S and my youngest sister learned to drive with my Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 5:49

I haven't had much luck writing for a few days, so tonight I did some drawing instead.

Marisa running a determined lap at the SWA obstacle course.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 8:20

Hey, I was wondering when you'd treat us to another picture. It's always nice to have a bit of art to enliven things. Smile

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 8:56

As Robert said: always great to see more art around the place Very Happy

From an artistic standpoint - Great action poseing, Mari really looks like she's going all out, and also props for Rugby jersy.

As a scene I think it would possibly have more impact if you swung the viewpoint more around to the front of her and lowered the angle. That way you'd also be able to show some more of the (cyborg scaled) obstical course at the same time. I mean, we all know what we're looking at because of the previous "obstical course" discussion, what you're written in the story and so forth. However as a stand-alone image it sort of just looks like a girl sprinting.

Oh, and great work on her hands... I personally loathe drawing hands.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 12 Jan 2010 - 4:19

Alfisti wrote:
As a scene I think it would possibly have more impact if you swung the viewpoint more around to the front of her and lowered the angle.

In the interest of expedience I used a line model for this. I found an acceptable picture of a female running, broke it down to a stick figure, and then drew my character based on the proportions. I can do it the hard way too, but honestly the results are no better for the added work.
This picture isn't really meant to tell a story...more like a snapshot of an average day in the life of Marisa.

We've seen Marisa training, but handler's also need to stay fit, to keep up with their young cyborgs. Here's Elio working out in the adult's gym...
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 12 Jan 2010 - 8:05

...infact a handler probably has to spend more time staying fit than his cyborg, seeing as handlers are only flesh and blood =P Pic looks good, Elio's wearing a very intense expression. Something looks odd about his punching arm though. However, to be honest, fully extended limbs tend to look odd at the best of times anyway.

Professor Voodoo wrote:In the interest of expedience I used a line model for this. I found an
acceptable picture of a female running, broke it down to a stick
figure, and then drew my character based on the proportions. I can do
it the hard way too, but honestly the results are no better for the
added work.
This picture isn't really meant to tell a story...more like a snapshot of an average day in the life of Marisa.

Ah, I see, cool. I get where you're coming from too. I used to draw everything from scratch, but these days (mostly for background stuff admittedly) I'll often find a suitable stock image to get a basic outline off then alter it to fit in... particularly if a scene's going to be really complex or my original sketch didn't really show much background detail. I find drawing freehand on the computer very difficult an generally need to sketch on paper set a picture up first.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 12 Jan 2010 - 8:20

Alfisti wrote: Something looks odd about his punching arm though. However, to be honest, fully extended limbs tend to look odd at the best of times anyway.
My feeble attempt at illustrating a right-hook. He's also wearing a shapeless sweatshirt, which hides musculature...Elio's a bit old for tank-tops or skin tight muscle shirts.

I used to draw everything from scratch, but these days (mostly for background stuff admittedly) I'll often find a suitable stock image to get a basic outline off then alter it to fit in... particularly if a scene's going to be really complex or my original sketch didn't really show much background detail. I find drawing freehand on the computer very difficult an generally need to sketch on paper set a picture up first.
Another cheat I'm guilty of is cutting & pasting a face from one of my previous pieces, then changing the expression to suit the new drawing. It saves the time of creating a whole new face, and keeps the character looking more consistent.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 12 Jan 2010 - 8:41

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Alfisti wrote: Something looks odd about his punching arm though. However, to be honest, fully extended limbs tend to look odd at the best of times anyway.
My feeble attempt at illustrating a right-hook. He's also wearing a shapeless sweatshirt, which hides musculature...Elio's a bit old for tank-tops or skin tight muscle shirts.

Heh, I know what you mean... I've got a right-hook sitting in photoshop at the moment and it's, umm... it's not fantastic. It's a suprisingly difficult pose to do.

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Another cheat I'm guilty of is cutting & pasting a face from one of my previous pieces, then changing the expression to suit the new drawing. It saves the time of creating a whole new face, and keeps the character looking more consistent.

I do this a lot for uni assignments actually, where the product has got to stay consistent. For example, the box that Monty's sitting on in this is the one in the right foreground from this with a bit of extra work done on it. For that matter you'll note the image of Jethro on his Wiki page is just a crop of that last drawing

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 15 Jan 2010 - 11:43

Those are great pics Voodoo.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum