Interview with a Cyborg

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Interview with a Cyborg

Post by Alfisti on Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 23:08

Thescarredman wrote:Maybe we should create a third 'Interview' category for non-fratello personnel. I'd like to see interviews of Charon's SRT guys, or Alf's boffins, or a few of the other support personnel who've popped up in various stories.
Hmm... You know, I'm going to have a few hours to kill in the airport tomorrow...

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5754

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 23:08

Alfisti wrote:
Thescarredman wrote:Maybe we should create a third 'Interview' category for non-fratello personnel. I'd like to see interviews of Charon's SRT guys, or Alf's boffins, or a few of the other support personnel who've popped up in various stories.
Hmm... You know, I'm going to have a few hours to kill in the airport tomorrow...

I second this motion!!!

Il Direttore

Forum Posts : 1003

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkRosewater on Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:17

1. Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in Section 2?
Uhhh... hello, I'm not very good with strangers... (wrings hands) I'm Annelise... I mean, I was Janai, but... I'm Annelise now. I don't really go on missions much... I don't think the Agency likes me...
2. Can you tell us about your conditioning?

Conditioning? The medicine? I took my medicine! I'm not lying!
3. How do you feel about your handler? What is your relationship with him like?

Anthony... Anthony is the only person I can trust. The mean people make him do the things he does. (smiles) He doesn't want to, really.
4. What are your favorite kinds of missions?

I like any kind of mission where I can go out. I like looking at the beautiful buildings...
5. What kind of missions do you dislike?

Dislike? Who said... (fidgets) who said I dislike anything?
6. How do you like life in the SWA dormitory?

It is kind of scary. At night.
7. Do you get along with your room-mate?

I don't have a roommate. It would be much less scary with a roommate... there while I sleep...
8. How do you like the dining hall? Do you have a favorite food?

I like it when they let me watch them cook the food. I like to see what goes into it. Why? No real reason...
9. What really grosses you out (not just food)?

It really grosses me out when people don't wash their hands.
10. Is there one thing you would really like to do, but your handler won't let you?

No... no comment.
11. Where would you like to spend your next vacation? Have you been there before?

I don't know many vacation spots. I like France, though.
12. Triela's teddy bear collection; cool or geeky?

Creepy. They stare at you with those eyes... I'd never be able to sleep.
13. Do you have a favorite color?

Green, like grass and trees!
14. Aside from your handler, is there an adult (agency or outside) that you admire?

I don't know many people outside of the Agency...
15. If you could chose, how would you like to die?

Die? DIE?! I knew it! I... I... (breaks down crying)

Last edited by MarkRosewater on Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:37; edited 1 time in total

MarkRosewater

Forum Posts : 16

Registration date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:35

She passed on question 11, huh?

This poor little mouse is so confused and terrified, I wonder what use the Agency has for her. Perhaps she's more self-possessed with her handler, though she sounds a little afraid of him as well. Guess we'll just have to find out when Mark shows us Anthony in the 'Handler Debrief'.

Thescarredman

Forum Posts : 1865

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkRosewater on Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:37

Thescarredman wrote:She passed on question 11, huh?

This poor little mouse is so confused and terrified, I wonder what use the Agency has for her. Perhaps she's more self-possessed with her handler, though she sounds a little afraid of him as well. Guess we'll just have to find out when Mark shows us Anthony in the 'Handler Debrief'.
Sorry, forgot to answer that one. Very Happy

MarkRosewater

Forum Posts : 16

Registration date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 15:14

Yeah reading about her, she does sound like a cute little mouse is right. Eager to know more of her, she sounds delightfully charming!

tremec6speed

Forum Posts : 1968

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 15:21

I feel bad. My kneejerk reaction was "recondition it". 

Dammit James, stop influencing my opinions in real life!!

Il Direttore

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Tue 11 Mar 2014 - 11:10

1.Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in Section 2?

My name is Cassie, I kill people for Mitch!

*shakes head* No.

3. How do you feel about your handler? What is your relationship with him like?

Mitch is the bestest handler ever! We’re always doing fun stuff. This other day he took me out to play tennis he said it would help with my handeye cordinaomation. It was really fun! We played for a long time. I kept hitting the ball to hard and it would go and fly away and I had to go get it. But it was really fun! Mitch likes to do fun things!

I just like going on missions. Mitch calls them trips though.

Why would you dislike trips? They’re fun!

I gets lonely sometimes, cause Mitch isn’t there, but he gives me a bear and I love to squeeze it and hold it and then I’m not so lonely anymores. And sometimes I go to Triela’s room, she lets me play with bears too. Triela’s really nice, sometimes she lets me have tea with her and Rico and Henrietta.

7. Do you get along with your room-mate?

I don’t have a room-ate

8. How do you like the dining hall? Do you have a favorite food?

I don’t eat at the dining hall much. I usually eat with Mitch in the “break room”. All the handlers eat there. It is okay food though. Mitch’s food id better.

Spiders are icky.

10. Is there one thing you would really like to do, but your handler won't let you?

I want to go see the lady in the picture on Mitch’s desk, but he says I can’t see her. Mitch has lots of pictures of her. She’s pretty.

11. Where would you like to spend your next vacation? Have you been there before?

I’ve never gone on a vacation. What is that? Is its some kind of trip?

Triela’s teddy bears are so cool! She has soo~ many!

13. Do you have a favorite color?

I like aqu…aqi… aquio…aqumary. [Aquamarine?] Yess!

14. Aside from your handler, is there an adult (agency or outside) that you admire?

Mr. Jose is really nice! I likes him. Mr. Hillshire is nice too. I also like Pricilla!

Mitch says that a shot to the brain stem is the best way to go.

PolosElite23

Forum Posts : 914

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Tue 11 Mar 2014 - 11:33

Oh my God, Pez, the kawaii. There is so much kawaii.

Il Direttore

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 11 Mar 2014 - 12:25

Hm. Is her hair cut short like a boy's, and does she ever wear skirts?
Thescarredman

Male

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Tue 11 Mar 2014 - 15:20

Thescarredman wrote:Hm. Is her hair cut short like a boy's, and does she ever wear skirts?
From my OC thread: General Attire: Cute little dresses, usually red. Likes to wear a red beret. Generally wears red tennis shoes. Hair generally let down slightly longer than shoulder length and down her back. Generally seen with a light brown bear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
----
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

-Stanzas 2+4 of Invictus by William Earnest Henley
PolosElite23

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 11 Mar 2014 - 21:29

Seriously, does any cyborg not like Priscilla?

Adorable Pez, and nice job keeping the whole thing in her voice, not to mention filling out a bit more of Mitch for us in the process.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Thu 13 Mar 2014 - 10:47

Alfisti wrote:Seriously, does any cyborg not like Priscilla?

Adorable Pez, and nice job keeping the whole thing in her voice, not to mention filling out a bit more of Mitch for us in the process.

Glad you like dit. Plan on getting carina and Sierra done here soon.

----

PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Thu 13 Mar 2014 - 11:18

1. Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in Section 2?

My name is Sierra Barrie Murphy. I’m a Generation two specializing in infiltration and reconnaissance, and the support of said job. I also preform the role of sniper.

Uhhh…Within the recommended dose I think? I don’t know. Go ask a doctor if you want to know so bad.

Donald? He’s a pain in the butt. He’s a nice guy, and I really do like him, but the man is insufferable when it comes to rules and regulations and procedures. I think I have a ton of red tape somewhere!

Though that seems to get thrown out the window pretty easily if needed. Besides work, he likes to take time to teach me things. He picked up a lot of hobbies and stuff. I like to try a few things here and there.

The ones that something actually interesting happens, not sitting around on my arse for a few hours until it’s time to head back to the agency.

Ones you sit and twiddle your thumbs for ten hours on.

S’alright. I would prefer to have a more sociable room-mate. Though she’s usually out, so I have the room to myself, or I head over to Petra’s and hang out for a bit. It’s not all that exciting, no massive drama like on TV. Sometimes I wish life was more interesting, more unique, but it’s not. As my handler says: “The worst part is the waiting.”

I have to wait until I can do my job. It sucks, but I’ll live.

Ms. Stick-up-her-arse? No, she stays up half the damn night doing paperwork other people aren’t bothered to do and is an annoying busy-body. She’s always, working, just like her handler. I mean Carina’s not bad, but still….she’s single-minded on working as hard as she can. It’s annoying at times, not much I can do about it though. She’s still a pain in the arse, but do I trust her in a fight? Hell, yes. Rico met her match on the pistol range. Sally and Gattonero have Rico matched on the rifle range, but Carina kicks some arse with her pistol.

That garbage? I don’t like it, not at all. I prefer cake from a little café in Rome that Donald treats me to after a good mission. The cake there *sighs* is amazing.

I was a little weirded out by an old guy who made a pass on me during a mission, also celery is spawned by the devil.

*shrugs* Not that I can think of, drink something a bit heavier than wine perhaps, but I may get away with that. *grin* Donald’s Irish.

Where? Somewhere out of Italy. Paintings and statues get boring after a while. Maybe a big city like New York, lots of people to watch and big buildings.

The hell would I care? Cassie has a sticker collection, Sally collects the first shell she shoots on a mission, and I mark a notch in a notebook for every kill. Who the hell cares?

Uh…green?

Adult that I admire? I don’t really admire any of them, I mean I do respect them all, but I don’t really admire anyone. Attachment to people makes it hard to deal during a mission when they get hurt. I respect them, I don’t get attached or admire them. Friendly, but not close. What happens when that guy you admire gets cut down? Best not to use him for a role model then, he died.

Bit of a morbid question. Comes with the territory. Ahhh…When I die I want to take as many fuckers as I can with me.

Carina de Santis, Generation two cyborg. Serial Number 1233241. Role: Combat and Assasination.

Recommended dosages.

My handler is an experienced member of the Carabineri. He’s my superior and I carry all orders out as directed. My relationship is strictly professional and that of officer and subordinate.

I’m not to prefer missions over others, however if I were to have to prefer a mission over another I would prefer one involving active combat.

All missions are important, there is no reason not to like or dislike them. You should preform to your best standards at all costs and succeed in the mission.

It is reasonable, I would prefer it to be more…serious. It’s unfortunate that other cyborgs take their jobs in a less…serious manner while off-duty. Our job is to stop terrorism and protect lives. This is an important job, one necessary to the continuation of Italy. There is no time for jokes and pleasantries.

I…get along well enough with Sierra. Her lack of…professionalism at times is rather irritating. While I am working she is off gallivanting around and being otherwise un-useful.

Food is food. Nutrients to fuel the body for the next task. No need to decide what you like and don’t, on a mission you may have to eat anything. Taste is irrelevant.

Nothing comes to mind.

I would like to move into a room closer to the offices, the handler dorms perhaps. My handler says it is inappropriate and may cause problems. I defer to his judgment.

With our tasks there is no time for vacation or holidays.

I find them highly inappropriate. She is less focused on the job task. To be expected with an older model perhaps.

How is this question relevant? And what need is there for a favorite color?

All the handlers are extremely skilled and have important jobs. That is respectable, though Signore Jose doesn’t take to his job as seriously as his brother. I think the most serious about the job is Signore Jean and I admire that. Dedication is admirable.

With my mission completed.

----

PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Thu 13 Mar 2014 - 11:34

Talk about complementary pairs. These two better not get paired up in a surveillance van...

Neither of these girls is exactly carefree. Sierra is more the typical teenager: easily bored, restless, a bit flighty. Carina makes Monty look like a party girl; I have a feeling her 'recommended dosage' is a little higher than normal for a Second Gen. Looking forward to their handlers' interviews.
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 13 Mar 2014 - 19:57

Thescarredman wrote:Talk about complementary pairs. These two better not get paired up in a surveillance van...
That sounds like good story fodder.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 15 Mar 2014 - 2:28

PolosElite23 wrote:10. Is there one thing you would really like to do, but your handler won't let you?

I would like to move into a room closer to the offices, the handler dorms perhaps. My handler says it is inappropriate and may cause problems. I defer to his judgment.
Monty: He's correct too, cyborgs are kept separate for good and many reasons.

Jethro:   ...never mind.

At this rate you'll be matching cyborg battalions with MP5 and Piero.  Razz

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sat 15 Mar 2014 - 12:00

Alfisti wrote:

At this rate you'll be matching cyborg battalions with MP5 and Piero.  Razz

Let's not forget Kuroneko.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Sat 15 Mar 2014 - 12:09

Ahah I'm just going to keep it at five, PleaseThankYou.

Large amounts of characters (and I'm pushing it here) tends to get complicated quickly in my experience. If I need another Cyborg at some point, I'll ask around. Plenty of them exist here on the forum...

Anyway that's the last of the Cyborgs...I plan on having all their handlers up in about a day or two.

Last edited by PolosElite23 on Sat 15 Mar 2014 - 12:10; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I can't type!)

----

PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Thu 12 Jun 2014 - 21:51

(This is Valentina's first interview, done only a few weeks after her activation as a cyborg. As such, her answers are sure to change after a few years on the job.)

U-um… I would think you’d know my name already, I guess? I mean, you called me down here. Or, did I make a mistake? I hope I didn’t make a mistake. But, m-my name is Valentina… Valentina Rossi. Giancarlo tells me that my job is to use my skills to gather intelligence for the Agency. So far he hasn’t really told me much more than that.

I-I know that I have to take my conditioning medication every day, but I don’t know what’s in it? I asked Giancarlo, and he said he didn’t know—

Oh, you mean how much do I have to take every day? No? I… Ah, I’m sorry. I don’t know how large or small it is compared to the other girls. I’m sure it’s enough though to keep me operating properly for however long I have to live.

I’ve only met with Giancarlo a few times now, but I get the sense that he’s a nice person. But, that’s not important to me. I’m just his cyborg. It’s my job to do what he asks me to do and nothing else. And, I really don’t want to disappoint him by messing up because I was thinking of other unimportant things.

Um… I don’t know. I’ve only been on the same kind of mission. I mean, each time was a little different and all, but they really just involved listening in on phone conversations, redirecting network sessions, and maybe finding a bug or two, but those missions we’ve only done in the training room so far. Not only that, but they’re all really just training missions so far. Giancarlo tells me I’m doing well in my training and we can do some real missions soon, but I don’t know. I… I think he’s only being nice though. Given what happened during our last mission, I’m not really sure if I’m ready for any actual missions.

S-sorry, but I don’t know how to answer that. I don’t know what else there is for me to do. Giancarlo tells me we’re not doing any missions that involve combat, so I don’t know if I’d hate those missions or not. It doesn’t make sense for me to guess.

As long as I have my computer I’m fine, I think. But, it’s really boring since Giancarlo won’t let me really do anything really useful while I’m stuck in my room. He says that the Agency won’t allow me using my built-in sensors there. And… he also tells me that I should get out of my room and talk with the other girls. I try. I really, really do, but… I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

I don’t have a roommate right now.

It’s food. Giancarlo tells me I need to eat a lot of it, more than the other girls, or else I won’t be able to maintain my concentration for long enough to actually complete some of the later missions. So, I usually just get a little of everything they’re serving, and I’m happy that they have a lot. I don’t really like any food more than any other food though.

The idea that I will make a mistake or mess up something really important and get Giancarlo in trouble as a result. That’s why I’m working so hard all the time to be an effective cyborg for him. But, then he says I shouldn’t be up so late at night working, which really confuses me.

Um… he won’t let me do any useful testing of the ideas for new attack strategies we come up with while I’m in the dorm. I mean, that’s why he gave me the laptop, right? So that I could better figure out what to do while we’re in the field? But, since I’m not allowed to use my skills I can’t really do anything while I’m there, and I wish I could. It’s very annoying.

I think Giancarlo and I have a lot of work to do before we’re allowed to have a vacation. I’ve only been operational for a few weeks now so I haven’t had the time to prove my worth and earn a vacation.

Triela…? Who is… ah, I know now. She has a bear collection? Well, I guess that’s okay. I’d like to see it at some time, but… I don’t know if she’d let me.

I think I… like them all? I can’t really choose one.

Not really. I mean, I met Mr. Spettro once while meeting with Caterina, and he seemed interesting, but… I don’t think I really know anyone well enough right now to admire them.

I’m a cyborg. I know I’m going to die within ten years no matter what I do. It’s a part of my build specifications. So, um… I guess what I’m trying to say is… there’s no such thing as me having a choice in if or when I die. We cyborgs do what we’re told and what we’re trained to do, and if we happen to die then we die. That’s all.
PSVT

Male

Forum Posts : 511

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Thu 12 Jun 2014 - 23:19

Gah! Kawaii. Very unsure and very timid. I like you've gone with a unsure/slightly overwhelmed cyborg workaholic. Instead of the ones that are confident. 

Carina: Confidence is a good thing.

Looks good. Can't wait to see her in action. 

(P.S. careful with ID's OCs he's quite stringent on wuocan use them most people are. Make sure you ask if you use them in a story. Just FYI Very Happy )

----

PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Thu 12 Jun 2014 - 23:31

PolosElite23 wrote:Gah! Kawaii. Very unsure and very timid. I like you've gone with a unsure/slightly overwhelmed cyborg workaholic. Instead of the ones that are confident. 

(P.S. careful with ID's OCs he's quite stringent on wuocan use them most people are. Make sure you ask if you use them in a story. Just FYI Very Happy )

You make me sound terrifying, Pez. I promise I don't actually have a tendency to light people on fire for that sort of thing, especially if it's a mention in a line in a forum post. I only get annoyed if they're used for actual conversation and such. 

On a more positive note, Valentina sounds interesting. Are you planning on a story with her or just forum interaction?

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

- President John F. Kennedy
Il Direttore

Male

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Thu 12 Jun 2014 - 23:40

Il Direttore wrote:
PolosElite23 wrote:Gah! Kawaii. Very unsure and very timid. I like you've gone with a unsure/slightly overwhelmed cyborg workaholic. Instead of the ones that are confident. 

You make me sound terrifying, Pez. I promise I don't actually have a tendency to light people on fire for that sort of thing, especially if it's a mention in a line in a forum post. I only get annoyed if they're used for actual conversation and such. 

On a more positive note, Valentina sounds interesting. Are you planning on a story with her or just forum interaction?
Razz This depends if you upset him...Mad ID is scary. 

On a more serious note, yeah. He's not all that scary. He's a lovable guy prone to fits of rant. Razz Get him talking on something...and here we go! Some epic G+ convos outta him. Pure Epic IMO.

And I also hope it is a story, not just forum interaction. Very Happy Fanfics are good.

----

PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 0:17

Il Direttore wrote:

@PolosElite23: Thanks! She will learn to be more confident in herself and her interactions with the other cyborgs over time, of course. But, as she exists in these early stages, she has a bit of an uphill climb.

@Il Direttore: I'm planning to actually write a story with Valentina (and Eleonora too). It's probably a good time right now to ask you if I can use your fratello. In one of the major scenes in this story I do plan to use Caterina as well, but I don't intend for her to have any dialogue in that scene. I might have her appear in other scenes as well, but it's not so set in stone.
PSVT

Male

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 0:32

As I said, the only real issue I have is the application of dialogue. Do whatever you feel is correct. Philosophically, all I'm loaning to you is the name and the ability set. It's like letting you play WoW on my account or something, but with less possibility that you'll waste all my gold on something useless. Very Happy

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

- President John F. Kennedy
Il Direttore

Male

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 6:18

Il Direttore wrote:You make me sound terrifying, Pez. I promise I don't actually have a tendency to light people on fire for that sort of thing...
Maybe just a leg first, as warning...  Incoming! 

As to Valentina... my, she does sound timid, I will be curious as to why she's having trouble making friends. Is it just her perception? Or it it actually something she's doing/not doing... or even, perhaps, something over which she has no control?

Either way: laptop in the dorm, that should give her at least a little bargaining power. Very Happy

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 19:52

God start, PSVT. I like Valentina's initial uncertainty as well. Later, you should do another interview for comparison, and link them. You wouldn't be the first, just the first in a long while. I'm looking forward to seeing her blossom.

If you're thinking of giving her a roommate sometime in future, Kristal is available. The girl who shares Kay's room gets a brief mention in her interview, noting that the two of them get along very well, but that's the only thing known about her. Also, Kristal once had a small teddy bear collection that she gave away; one might assume she offered one to her roommate.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 15 Jun 2014 - 11:46

I'm still working on her nature (I am thinking a cross of Angel from Angel Beats! and Beatrice) so...

My name is Kumari Shiratori and I'm a Generation 1 cyborg with the Rehabilitation Branch of the United States Department of Homeland Security.

Doctor Kostas says that as a sniper I need to have ‘nerves of steel’ and that is important that I regularly take my full dosage.

General Pagani is only my temporary handler until my permanent one is assigned. He’s a nice man. He lets me sleep in.

(Kumari stares back at the interviewer.)

(Kumari continues to stare at the interviewer.)

I’ve never seen the dormitory, but our house in Mexico is very large and has lots of windows.

You mean Michele?

8. Do you have a favorite food?

Mapo dofu.

I am afraid of ghosts. Michele says ghosts live in the mausoleum. I didn’t like the mausoleum.

(Kumari looks confused.)

(Kumari just sits quietly.)

Who?

(Kumari thinks for a bit.) Purple?

Doctor Kostas is nice.

I don't believe I will be given a choice.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 15 Jun 2014 - 14:41

Short and to the point; Kumari is still very much in development, both as a cyborg and as a character. Surprised you didn't find a way to work in her dislike of fast cars.

This is, I believe, the first time a Rehabilitation Branch cyborg has been introduced in this thread.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 15 Jun 2014 - 16:38

Thescarredman wrote:Short and to the point; Kumari is still very much in development, both as a cyborg and as a character. Surprised you didn't find a way to work in her dislike of fast cars.

This is, I believe, the first time a Rehabilitation Branch cyborg has been introduced in this thread.

I figure the SWA Medical Branch would be interested to see the Americans make a cyborg and would have a look at her while she and Michele were on campus. And bureaucracies being bureaucracies, some middle management busybody probably would have ordered an interview, as well.  Razz

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetiehearts on Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 13:07

I thought about doing this to develop Ermelinda and another character I had created a little bit. I have found out a few new things about my characters because of it:

I'm Ermelinda, my handler says my name has something to do with being nice to all, or soft to all, I guess that's true with me. I'm also a  Generation 1 cyborg, meaning I'll start dying quicker. My role in Section 2 is capture and interrogation but, from the way Mr. Ferdinando does it you'd think it was capture and torture, but I shouldn't say that about the guy. 

Mr. Ferdie tells them to give me the bare minimum, so I don't take much I suppose. I wish they could make the pills sweeter or something. Like, come on, you're working with a bunch of children here! Why are you giving us pills that at best taste like nothing at worst taste like bird waste!

I was guessing you were going to ask that! He's a nice guy and all, but, he's just, weird. He's a cross between shy, talkative and just damn scary. 
Also, I wish he'd just see are relationship as professional. I mean, all the other girl's handlers do! I really don't want to hurt him if I ever die suddenly, so I want to have the least amount of attachment possible.

The type where we go to places with roman structures. See, I'm a history geek so anytime I get to bust heads and see beautiful historic masterpieces I'm happy as can be.

I can't say I dislike any, except the ones I fail. Well, there are interrogations, were I see the more scary side of Mr. Ferdie, but I definently don't hate interrogations as a whole.

It's real good, everyone's very nice to me and I try to always be the first to meet new cyborgs. I really don't talk much, though, it's really surprising me how much I'm talking now. I guess when I'm given the chance to talk I say a lot. 
But I hate how everyone has a different accent from me. Everybody's European except a few Americans who I don't even talk to. I wish I had Ferdie's Italian one...

Yeah, quite well. We're always talking and such. Others don't like her much though, the only one who can beat her attitude is Triela, but you didn't hear that from me.

I rather go out to eat to be honest, and Ferdie usually brings me to restaurants when he can. My favorite food has to be the breakfast omelets.

Any of the men who take on a sexual relationship with their cyborg's. Have some common decency man! Half of these men here are not even that bad looking, I'm sure they could get some cute looking ladies. But no, you take the already gone innocence of a girl who is already going to do anything you say and most likely is already in love with you. It's sickening and gross and I wish the Agency would crack down on that shit.

I've seen a lot of girls drive...
Oh, and talking to other children while going out! I always try to tell him it'd be good training to seem more childlike but he always says no.

Naples, it seems like a beautiful place and many villas during the Roman Era where there, I'd love to know I'm seeing the same waters they did.

Do you ask Triela this question?
I think it's cool anyway, the collection of so many beautiful bears. I bet they cost hundreds of dollars for Mr. Hillshire

Royal blue.

Jean is admirable, he is very professional and stuff, wouldn't want him to be my handler though, he's a little too strict.
Ferdie has also made me read a lot of books made by African American authors. He said it'd be a good way to learn of my roots or something like that, saying that they're better then "Those old ass Roman classics you read." I love Maya Angelou's work, God rest her soul, and Langston Hughes has some really good poems and stories too. 
Oh and don't get me started on all those Roman poets!

I want to die from the conditioning, in a hospital room, with Mr. Ferdie and my Ancient Rome books at my side. I want to die looking at the pictures of such a beautiful place, hoping that wherever I go afterwards is even close to that.
-------——–—————–––––-------------------------------------------------------------

It's Gilda, Generation 2, I do sharp-shooting missions most of the time.

It ain't much, it ain't little, so...

She's strict but she's very nice too. Any free time we get is used for going shopping or going to restaurants and other fun things. Amelia is really cool and collected and I really like that, she doesn't get to angry when I do something wrong and she ain't the type to yell. She's cool.

I don't really pick and choose but any where I get to spend a little time relaxing instead of getting right into shooting is fine for me.

None, actually.

Everybody there is annoying little rat who needs the conditioning to kill them sooner, except Ermelinda and maybe Florus, but she's so messed up by her conditioning and her handler, I just have sympathy for the kid.

As I said, Florus is a messed up kid and I have a lot of sympathy for her, but she isn't that bad to be around. I wish I could, you know, help her or something. Her handler is very abusive, over Jean levels. He hurts her both emotionally and physically, beating her up any time she does even a little thing wrong. I mean she's only six and I wouldn't think the SWA would allow that, I mean, we do cost thousands of dollars.

I've also heard rumors of him doing, other things to her, but Ermelinda isn't that credible of a source is she?

The food, it isn't half bad. I really like there pies.

Once I looked on Amelia's phone and it was a story about two men having sex on there! That's weird! Why would a women read something obviously for gay men! It makes no sense. Sex is weird!

Have a pet kitten, they're cute.

Somewhere calm and beautiful, no where specific though.

Not my thing but I guess it's cool.

Uh, medium slate blue and green.

Edgar Allen Poe and Saki, I love stories with weird endings and they have a a lot!

I don't want to think about that.

-----------

Last edited by sweetiehearts on Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 15:34; edited 1 time in total
sweetiehearts

Female

Forum Posts : 11

Fan of : Claes and Rico

Original Characters : Ermalinde/Ferdinando Isolde/Gregor Gilda/Amelia

Comments : Fan of Gunslinger Girls, Hellsing, and anything else that has action and will make you cry.

Registration date : 2014-08-17
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja on Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 15:27

Heck, I have a day off. I'll do this too.

Elly, I'm the new kid on the block. So far, it's been lame security gigs.

Because that's such a peachy topic.

I admire Pete as a handler... but he's a bit of a buzz kill. Our relationship is like a game of table tennis, take from that what you will.

Anything that gets me away from the city.

Freaking undercover VIP escorts.

Its better than death. I think...

I guess we'll see in the next couple weeks.

Potatoes.

Two-dimensional characters, and lack of humanity. Ironic, right?

Shifter-kart racing. Heck, even a day off for Pete's sake. Heh, Pete's sake...

Vacations are a thing? Germany.

12. Do you have a favorite color?
Neon grey. What do you want me to say?

13. Aside from your handler, is there an adult (agency or outside) that you admire?
Everyone is hiding behind a facade. No one is who they say they are, and everyone lies. I can't admire that.

14. If you could chose, how would you like to die?
Going 200+ mph, full throttle. Set it and forget it. What a morbid question.
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Forum Posts : 483

Fan of : Rico

Original Characters : Elly + Pete

Comments : Legalize wheelies.

Registration date : 2014-07-30
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 20:43

Sweetiehearts: Ermalinda is quite precocious, with some very adult opinions and attitudes for a 10- to 12-year-old.
Gilda is pretty laid-back and matter-of-fact. She sounds like the pro of the pair, even though Erme must have been around longer.

TeaTime: Love Elly's attitude. She's such a teenager. Betting she'd get along with Allison - Vee too.

All right, you two, let's see you produce some fic, and bring these girls and their worlds to us.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 21:20

Thescarredman wrote:All right, you two, let's see you produce some fic, and bring these girls and their worlds to us.
I second this motion.

----

PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 21:50

sweetiehearts wrote:I thought about doing this to develop Ermelinda and another character I had created a little bit. I have found out a few new things about my characters because of it:
That's the point of it. Very Happy

Interesting sounding characters, and they seem to be quite realised already.

TeaTimeNinja wrote:13. Aside from your handler, is there an adult (agency or outside) that you admire?
Everyone is hiding behind a facade. No one is who they say they are, and everyone lies. I can't admire that.
Not much of a one for the covert-op then huh?  Wink

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja on Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 23:07

Haha maybe not! I'll make sure they call your Monty if we need a spy.
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetiehearts on Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 11:31

Thescarredman wrote:Sweetiehearts: Ermalinda is quite precocious, with some very adult opinions and attitudes for a 10- to 12-year-old.
Gilda is pretty laid-back and matter-of-fact. She sounds like the pro of the pair, even though Erme must have been around longer.
Yeah, I was trying to make Erme the mature type, she's been at the agency long enough to learn a lot of things and she eavesdrops a lot. Also I'm trying to write their story but I'm still at the plotting and character design stage.

sweetiehearts

Female

Forum Posts : 11

Fan of : Claes and Rico

Original Characters : Ermalinde/Ferdinando Isolde/Gregor Gilda/Amelia

Comments : Fan of Gunslinger Girls, Hellsing, and anything else that has action and will make you cry.

Registration date : 2014-08-17
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 14:01

Wow, Ferdinando sounds like a scary guy, but Ermalinda/(Ermelinde?)
sounds like she can handle him, (at a distance, lol) Smile
"9. What really grosses you out (not just food)?

Any of the men who take on a sexual relationship with their cyborg's. Have some common decency man! Half of these men here are not even that bad looking, I'm sure they could get some cute looking ladies. But no, you take the already gone innocence of a girl who is already going to do anything you say and most likely is already in love with you. It's sickening and gross and I wish the Agency would crack down on that shit.
"
Sandro: Hey, hey there now, it's not all bad!!
Gilda seems like a lady of few words but right to the point!
"7. Do you get along with your room-mate?

As I said, Florus is a messed up kid and I have a lot of sympathy for her, but she isn't that bad to be around. I wish I could, you know, help her or something. Her handler is very abusive, over Jean levels. He hurts her both emotionally and physically, beating her up any time she does even a little thing wrong. I mean she's only six and I wouldn't think the SWA would allow that, I mean, we do cost thousands of dollars.

I've also heard rumors of him doing, other things to her, but Ermelinda isn't that credible of a source is she?"

Jean: WHAAAAAT?! I'm going to have few words with that that handler....
tremec6speed

Male

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 14:06

Wow, Elly is a lady of even fewer words indeed....
"8. How do you like the dining hall? Do you have a favorite food?
Potatoes."
Ahhh, excellent! A potato lass is thee best. Smile

"6. How do you like life in the SWA dormitory?
Its better than death. I think..."
Umm, hmm, might not win the Most Popular Cyborg of the Month award, possibly.Razz
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Sat 13 Sep 2014 - 20:10

"Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in Section 2?"

Dina regards the kindly looking man warily.  

"Hello, Signore Inspector.  My name is Dina Di.. Dina.  Signore Paolo is my handler."

"Dina Di?  That's an odd name."

The little blond girl plays with hem of skirt.  "Yes, signore.  Like the letter."

"I see.  Here it only lists you as Dina."

She forces herself to meet his gaze.  She can hold it for only a scant second, and then she looks away.  "I ... I just started calling myself that recently."

"Interesting."

The pause chills her.  Her hand press against the fabric so hard that she feels a thread pop when she starts to rub her fingers.

Still staring at her patent-leather shoes, she forces a slight nod.

A lock of hair falls before her left eye.  Through it, she steals a glance at the grey-eyed man.

"Can you tell us about your conditioning?"  He smiles at her, but the corners of his mouth are sharp and tensed.

"I... I don't really know."  She notes his raised eyebrow and she sharply inhales.  "I mean, I don't feel, uh, condidtioned.  I don't feel like ... like I'm any different than any other kid on the street."

He writes on his notepad.  The sound of the pen strokes seem to echo in her artifical eardrums.

"Uh, Signore Inspector?"

"Yes, Dina D?"

Hearing her mistruth tenses her back.  "Am I... am I supposed to feel different?"

He looks up.  His eyes bore into her, but she cannot break from his predatory stare.  "I suppose not.  If I were to tell you ... to break down that door, would you?"

"Oh, no Signore.  That would be damaging agency facilities, and is forbidden unless ordered to do so or under extreme duress."

Dina gulps a mouthful of air, then snaps her jaws shut. What did I just say?

"And if Signore Paolo did?"

"Of course I would, Signore.  He's my handler."

His smile welcomes her in.  "Yes, he is.  And you would do anything he says, right?"

"Of course, Signore.  Why shouldn't I?"

"Even kill someone?"

"Yes, Signore.  That's why I was created, after all."

His smile stops growing, and his eyes narrow a nigh-imperceptible bit.  "Even if it was someone you liked?"

"I don't have ... anyone I..."  Dina's breath drains from her as Priscilla's smiling face forms in her mind.

"I see.  You do, don't you?  Who is it?"

"I... I don't want to tell you."

"And if I order you to?"

At this, Dina sits up straight. "You are not my handler. Why are you asking that? Are we done yet?  Signore?"

He forces a laugh, a high, reedy one.  "No, we're just getting to know each other.  Do you want to leave?"

"You're not a very nice man.  Signore."

He twirls his pen.  "No, but I deal with not very nice people and situations."  His eyes narrow.  "No, we're not done here.  I want you to stay.  Will you?"

She tries to get up.  She tries.  She strains, but Paolo's words freeze her.

"I see.  All right, how do you feel about your handler? What is your relationship with him like?"

"He's a very nice man."  She pauses, her lips pursed.  "He is very kind to me.  He gives me everything I want.  He's like a... " Suddenly, the contradiction in her words seizes her.

"Like a..."

"He's like a... an older brother to me."  She looks away.

"I see."  He taps his pen on the clipboard.

Dina worries her hem some more.  Each tap feels like an accusation.  

"All right, what are your favorite kinds of missions?"

Her shoulders untense.  "Any of them."

"That's a wide range.  Infiltration, assault, surveillance, protection detail, extraction, the list goes on."

"Yes.  Any of them is a chance to make Signore Paolo proud of me."

"Are you better at any type?"

She stares at her shoes again.  "I'm ... I'm not very good at most of them, Signore."

He flips through the pages on the clipboard.  "You seem to have a decent record, Dina D."

"Thank you, Signore."

"And the after-action reports look good.  Signore, I mean agent Paolo DiTomaso..."  He freezes her in his gaze.

"Ye-yes, Signore?"

He gives a smirk, then clears his throat.  "Never mind.  Agent DiTomaso gives you very good evaluations."

"Thank you, Signore."

"So why don't you think you're very good, Dina D?"

The petite blond swallows.  "I just feel the other girls can do them better."

"Really."

"Yes, Signore.  Triela is much better at fighting, and Rico is smaller, so she can climb into buildings and--"

"All right.  What kind of missions do you dislike?  Or, let me guess, you don't dislike any of them."

Dina nods vigorously.  "That's right.  Every one--"

"--Is a chance to make your handler proud of you.  Got it.  Got it."  He makes a swift, haphazard note on his sheet.  " How do you like life in the SWA dormitory?  Do you get along with your room-mate?"

"It's... it's all right.  Liesel isn't here very often.  The first time we met, she didn't say a lot.  Just told me to ... to stay out of her stuff, I think."

"You think?  Or you know?"

"I... well, I remember it, but I don't remember the exact words. Does that count, Signore?"

"Good enough.  And did you?"

"Did I what?"

"Did you stay out of her stuff?"

"Of course.  She asked, after all."

"You aren't the slight bit curious?"

"No, Signore."

"Why not?"

"Because she told me what was in it.  If I know, then why should I break her rules?  That wouldn't be polite."

"So, what was it?"

"She told me it was a secret."

"So, you're not going to tell me?"

"No, that's what's inside, Signore.  A secret."

"A secret what, though."

"I don't know.  A secret is a secret."

He runs his hand through his thining hair.  "Oh, all right.  How do you like the dining hall? Do you have a favorite food?"

Dina tilts her head to one side.  "It's all right, I guess.  I like it when Signore Paolo and I eat in restaurants."

"Why?  Is the food better?"

"No, Signore."  She tires to stifle a giggle.  "I'm with Signore Paolo, that's why!"

"Ah, of course.  Silly me.  What revulses you (not just food)?"

"Revulses?"

"What don't you like?"

"Uh..." Dina stares a the speckled white ceiling tiles as her index finger touches the corner of her mouth.  "I guess I don't like smoke.  And I saw a show where a girl was being made fun of..."

"You don't like cigarettes?"

"Huh?"

"You said you don't like smoking, right?"

"Oh, no Signore.  I said I don't like smoke.  You know, when you can't see, when it's all around you, when you feel like it's going to drown you?  It's both scary, and it's ... it's sad.  You can't see anyone else because it's all ... well, smoky.  It's almost like they're ... they're dead."  Out of breath, she pants softly.

The Inspector regards the young girl, contemplating how this animated her.

"Anything else?"

"About?"

"Smoke.  Why do you feel this way?"

"I... I don't know."

Dina clenches her belly as he interminably pages through the after action reports.

"I see a few times you used tear gas to enter a safe house, and one time you used a smoke grenade to cover your exfil.  Nothing there about this."

"Of course not, Signore.  You asked what I don't like.  That doesn't matter when I'm working."  With Signore Paolo, that is

"All right, so it doesn't affect you."

"No, Signore."  She bites back the memory of the first time she wenth through smoke-filled shoot house.

"Very well.  Is there one thing you would really like to do, but your handler won't let you?"

"No."

"Is that all?"

"Yes, Signore.  Signore Paolo lets me do everything I want to do."

"Or do you like to do everything he lets you do?"

She tilts her head and blinks.  "Uh, what's the difference?"

"One means you have other wants, but you can't show them."

"I think I see.  Which one is that?"

For the first time, he pauses.  "Which one is what?"

"Uh, letting you do everything and ... you said it a different way, but it sounded like the same thing.  Which one is the .. whatever the difference is?"

The Inspector squints.  His forehead knits.  

"Oh, never mind.  Where would you like to spend your next vacation? Have you been there before?"

"I ... I don't go on vacation, Signore.  I just stay here."

"Yes, but the question is, where would you like to go."

"Uh... anywhere, uh, Signore Paolo goes?"  With her eyebrows raised, she gives a single, soft laugh and a smile.

"Right.  Let's go through these last few.  Triela's teddy bear collection; cool or geeky?"

"Uh, Cool?"

"Do you have a favorite color?"

"No.  I mean, I like brown, but only on Signore Paolo.  That's what he wears a lot of the time."  A soft smile warms her face.

"Aside from your handler, is there an adult (agency or outside) that you admire?"

At this, Dina's eyes brighten.  "Oh, that's easy!  Sign.. I mean, Priscilla.  She's so kind and patient and--"

"I get it. Last one.  If you could chose, how would you like to die?"

"Uh..."

"Yes?"

"I don't want Signore Paolo to be sad."

"No, that's not what I'm asking.  How would you like to die?"

"In some way that doesn't make Signore Paolo sad?"

"Good enough.  Good enough.  You may go now.  Tell the next girl that I went to get a drink."

"Yes, Signore."  As she stands, Dina realizes her hem is ruined.  I hope Signore Paolo gets me another red dress.  He said I looked good in red dresses.

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1172

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja on Sat 13 Sep 2014 - 20:20

that was awesome to read, man.
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Sun 14 Sep 2014 - 0:15

That was awesome Taer!

----

PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 14 Sep 2014 - 1:07

The SWA shrinks must have a difficult job.

Really nicely written mate, we get a solid feel for Dina's character though the whole thing, and where she grounds herself to. We also get an idea of the interviewer's frustration with her. Razz I get the impression he's seen a few similar cases before, going by the way he starts pre-empting her answers.

Some of the present tense stuff at the start feels a bit awkward to be honest, but it seems to smooth out as the passage goes on. Unfortunately I can't really offer a remedy either.

Still, good read.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 14 Sep 2014 - 7:56

Clever way of presenting the interview; much more flowing and believable than the questionnaire style most of us have used.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 14 Sep 2014 - 12:46

Concur with Voodoo; I like this thread, but I like it better when it's presented as a fic rather than a script. Your interviewer is as creepy as some of the cyborgs, and I'm sure I'd never tell him something I wanted kept a secret. Dina's abortive 'di Tomassi' was cute and heartbreaking to someone who knows how much she longs to be part of a family; her fear of smoke-filled spaces as well. All told, a very good read.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sun 14 Sep 2014 - 13:25

Brilliant job with Dina's interview, Taer! I really do like the increasing tension that Dina feels as the questions pile up, and the interviewer isn't really helping her at all in that regard. Also like her dislike of smoke, as a reference (unknown to her) to how she ended up as a cyborg in the first place, and her desire for family.

One minor quibble (and I really do mean minor): Dina says that she's larger than Rico, but I'd imagine Dina would be smaller going by your description of her on the OC wiki. Dina should be even smaller than Henrietta by a fair margin. Nit-picking aside, her statement there very much emphasizes her feelings of inadequacy, which really is the main dramatic point.

All in all, quite the dramatic piece, indeed, and it really does raise the bar a little bit in how we do these. I know the entire point is for the writer to get into the head of his or her character so that they might do a better job in portraying said character, but I think doing the interview as a short story can also help to improve overall writing skills.
PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Sun 14 Sep 2014 - 21:54

PSVT wrote:One minor quibble (and I really do mean minor): Dina says that she's larger than Rico, but I'd imagine Dina would be smaller going by your description of her on the OC wiki. Dina should be even smaller than Henrietta by a fair margin.
I had this assumption as well...still like PSVT, a minor quibble.

----

PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 21:14

That was a fun read, the questions flowed within the context of the conversation, very natural.
head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 21:36

It helped me develop Dina a great deal as well.  To start with, she is a casual liar.  She said brown was her favourite colour because that's what Paolo wears (actually, he wears a bunch of greytones and earthtones, so she's not even being totally accurate there), but she hopes for a red dress because Paolo once praised how she looked in one.

There's also the fact she almost lies to herself: "Paolo gives me everything I want.  He's like a ..." she halts because she realizes that he hasn't (and might not) give her that one thing she truly wants.

Finally, the inspector got under her skin with the "Would you kill someone you liked if Paolo ordered it?"  That will likely give her nightmares for a while.

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sun 16 Nov 2014 - 21:56

With plenty of time on my hands due to not having internet (short of the crappy so-called 4G wireless Sprint provides), I thought it was a good time to do some more interviews for my character, among other things. So, first off is Eleonora's interview, performed a few months after her activation. Valentina's interview occurred the same day, and will be posted here sometime in the next few days. Until then, enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“All this waiting about is beyond boring.” First was her sigh, an exhalation long and loud enough to easily echo off the surrounding oak paneling. Moments later, brown eyes that were once dead-set at examining every facet of the ceiling soon fell to meet a set of pale blue counterparts. “Why can’t we get in there and do this thing already?”

Light snickering marked the initial reply to her question. “Poor, poor Nora.” Her laughter subsided after a few more seconds. “Don’t worry. It’s not that painful.”

“Heh!” Nora—or Eleonora as she was known to just about everyone else—scoffed and stood with arms akimbo, tapping her foot against the tile floor as she did so. Blatant, unabashed exasperation tumbled wholeheartedly into her low voice. “Poor me, indeed, dear Tina! You should know me that well enough by now to know that having to sit still in a chair and be grilled for even a few minutes is like absolute torture.”

“If it’s any consolation, I got dragged away from some very important work for my Papa to sit here for even longer because you get to go first.” Valentina averted her gaze toward a door that both girls hoped would open sooner than later. “I’m dying to get back to my coding—well, um, not literally, but…”

“Yeah… I understand.” Eleonora’s annoyance seemed to seep away just as quickly as it had formed. With a slow nod, she shuffled closer toward the door, her movement drawing Valentina’s attention. “Hey, I’ll tell you what. I’ll try to do what I can to speed up this whole thing. That way, you won’t have to wait for so long.”

A smile formed on Valentina’s lips, but before she could verbalize her appreciation both girls snapped their heads around with fearsome speed toward that dreaded door. No longer was it closed shut, which meant the pair had achieved another crucial victory in an otherwise frustrating journey. Even then, it only signaled the end of the wait for one of them, a call made by an equally relieved Ferro.

“Eleonora, you can come in now.”

The older of the two blondes wasted no time in marching through the door, nearly bowling Ferro over in the process. What awaited her was a small and depressingly empty room. A lonely table occupied the center, a cheap-looking folding piece of plastic and metal that seemed better suited to displaying wares at a countryside garage sale. Two equally flimsy chairs flanked the table, one of which was occupied by a man whom Eleonora did not recognize. At least the lighting was bright enough, lest the interview take on more the appearance of an interrogation. Then again, despite it all she failed to find much difference between the two.

“Hello. Feel free to have a seat,” the man said, extending an open hand toward the empty chair. “I know you’ve had a long wait, so I’ll try to keep this short. I’m Dr. Adamo.”

His voice was low-pitched and had a raspy character. It seemed befitting to an older individual. Thus, seeing a much younger man than she anticipated occupy that chair made Eleonora’s confusion perfectly justified. She cocked her head to one side and slowly raised an eyebrow.

“Um… W-would you mind if I continued to stand instead?”

He shook his head. “I guess that’s fine.” There was a slight moment of hesitation as he peered down at the papers set before him. “Anyway, why don’t you tell me your name and give me a short synopsis of your role here in Section Two.”

“I’m Eleonora, and I’m a bodyguard for Giancarlo Rossi and Valentina.”

It was Adamo’s turn to be perplexed this time around. “That’s it?”

“Well, you wanted it short, didn’t you?” She started a slow rock back and forth on her heels as she turned a playful grin toward the doctor. “There’s not really all that much more to tell you. I do my best to keep them alive when they go out on their missions.”

“Fair enough.” He succumbed to his desire to shrug, and then raised his hand to his mouth to suppress a cough. “Alright. If you can, tell me about your conditioning regimen.”

While continuing her rocking motion, Eleonora turned her eyes upward toward the low ceiling. A soft hum emanated from tightly pursed lips. “Hmm… I take my conditioning medication every week as Giancarlo instructs. I can’t tell you what’s in it, or how much I take compared to the other girls.” She stopped rocking, leaned back against the wall, lowered her gaze onto the doctor, and smirked. “You could just go ask Dr. Bianchi, though, if you really want to know.”

“It’s not really all that important.” He coughed yet again, muffling a grumbled complaint at the end. “So, how about we just move on to the next question?”

“Okay…”

“What is your relationship with your handler?”

“My handler…” The impact of hard-soled heels against tile reverberated about the room as she paced in a lazy circle. “Well, what can I say? He’s my handler—full stop. Yeah, sure… he’s wasn’t all that useful in getting me trained, but that’s not his fault. I appreciate that he allowed me to train with some other fratelli so that I can actually do my job. Other than that, I don’t particularly hate the guy, but I don’t love him either, unlike Valentina.” She stopped and turned a telling smile toward the doctor. “Oh, and if she tells you anything different, she’s lying to you. Not that I expect her to lie, but she might downplay that little tidbit of her relationship with Giancarlo.”

“Yeah, I’ll keep that in mind.”

Adamo spent the next few moments scrawling some sort of note. Despite her best efforts to peer at the sheet of paper, even going so far as to edge as close to the man as she dared try, Eleonora could not make out what he had written. Once done, he set the clipboard face down and regarded the cyborg with about as neutral an expression as he could muster.

“Now, about your work, what do you consider your favorite mission types?”

“Protection missions, duh!” Once her amused chuckling subsided she added, “Think what the American Secret Service does, just not nearly as conspicuous.”

He tapped his pen against the side of his cheek and stared at Eleonora with an expression full of doubt. “Conspicuous, huh…”

“Definitely!” Her enthusiastic nodding did not disrupt her task of meandering around the room. “All those dudes in the suits stick out like a sore thumb. And if the plain-clothes guys who’re so-called hiding in among the crowds think they’re being clever, well they’re not. And if I can see that much, any adversary paying attention could see the exact same thing.”

“I’ll take your word for it.”

“Trust me, though.” She found herself standing right next to the doctor, the man well within arm’s reach. So, his wary stare and all sensible logic notwithstanding, she did the first thing which came to her mind. “I’m a much better bodyguard than those amateurs.”

Dr. Adamo lifted his right hand. While heaving a heavy sigh, he used that hand to carefully push Eleonora’s arm from around his shoulder. “Whatever. Let’s—” A series of coughs interrupted his train of thought. “Hmm… Sorry for that.”

“You don’t look like you’re feeling all that hot.”

He lowered his head and shook it. “It’s nothing major, just a cold. Not that you’ll ever experience being sick.”

From the expression cast upon Eleonora’s face, it was clear she wasn’t going to give up quite yet. Her hands fell upon his shoulders yet again, this time massaging them with a gentle touch. Wavy blond strands spilled across a pristine white coat as her lips rested next to his right ear. When she spoke, it was with a whisper.

“Maybe not, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be useful. Are you sure you don’t need anything?”

For a moment he considered sinking deeper into her caress, for despite her relative inexperience it felt remarkably comfortable. He could definitely use a massage. That much he found certain. Turning his head around to meet her gaze, he found he also could use far more than just that.

Then he recalled the section of the agency staff handbook that discussed the hierarchy between staff members like himself and cyborgs. A very short while later, a memory of how cyborg-handler relationship dynamics worked entered his mind. It was followed by recollections of gossip machines, Ferro’s presence on the other side of the door, and the cameras recording every tiny movement. Tossing on a generous heaping of old-fashioned common sense all but made his decision for him.

“Eleonora, do you—” A brief coughing fit interrupted him yet again, but it failed to dampen his determination. “Do you want me to order you to sit down in that chair so that we can continue with this interview? We’re only on the fifth question of fifteen.”

It took the girl no time at all to understand the implications of his threat. Furthermore, she remembered that she wasn’t alone. There was no time for her selfish desires.

“Oh, right…” She nodded as she pulled her hands away from the doctor and walked around to the other side of the table. Still, she avoided the chair like the plague. “Okay, fire away.”

“What types of missions do you dislike?”

Eleonora leaned against the far wall, stared at one of the side walls, and ran the fingers of a hand through her hair. “Well, if I were to say that I don’t enjoy pretending to be someone else—and I don’t by the way—then that would mean all of them. But, obviously that’s not what I mean. I guess… hard-core intelligence-gathering missions that require me to do more than just sit in the background and watch over them. Yeah, that’s what I dislike most.”

“Good.” This time, Eleonora showed no apparent interest in the note Dr. Adamo wrote before he continued. “So, how do you like your life in the cyborg dorms? Do you have a roommate, and if so, how well do you get along with her?”

“Oh, I don’t mind being here. I can’t really change anything about it anyway, but I’ve found ways to enjoy myself.” A lively grin tugged at her lips, one that she didn’t hesitate allowing the doctor to see. “Having Valentina as my roommate makes my life even better. She’s such a sweet girl, especially when she decides to leave that shell of hers. Nothing beats having a younger sister to play around with.”

Curiosity tinged his hum. “You consider yourself the older member of a sibling relationship?”

“Well, she might tell you otherwise a few minutes from now, but I’m clearly older than her. I’m not the math whiz that she is, but even I know thirteen is greater than ten.” She gave him a wink to punctuate her words.

“Very well. We’re halfway done, so let’s move on.” He slid the topmost sheet beneath the stack. “What is your opinion of the agency’s dining hall?”

She pushed away from the wall to begin another cycle around the room, making a conscious effort to remain on her half. “Besides the fact that you just made me hungry now—thanks a lot, by the way—it’s decent. Nothing more, nothing less. Now, if you’re asking that because the Agency’s considering tearing down the place, then I’ll say it’s the best ever.” A low chuckle accompanied her lifting a hand in the air in a dismissing wave as she rested the other on her hip. “It’s not like I can go out to eat on my own anywhere else, and Giancarlo’s so busy here that he’s not even remotely thinking about roaming around for a restaurant.”

“Do you have a favorite food?”

“Not really.” Before Dr. Adamo could speak, she quickly added, “Well, penne all’arrabbiata is pretty damned good if I do say so. It’s a crying shame that it’s not on our menu.”

He merely shook his head at that before muffling yet another cough. “Moving away from questions about food, what do you find very disturbing?”

It was as though a ton of bricks had fallen on her levity, such was the collapse of her mood. “The thought of Giancarlo or Valentina getting injured, or worse… especially if it’s because I made a mistake…” She drew in a deep breath and slowly exhaled the air. It did little to stop trembling hands as they pulled at her skirt’s hem. “Yeah, that’s what really keeps me awake some nights and forces me to train as hard as I can.”

“I’m sure you’ll be able to perform your mission perfectly well if the time comes.”

“Oh, God, I hope so.” Her gaze remained firmly planted on the floor and her shivering seemed to continue unabated.

This was the type of scene that upset Dr. Adamo the most. For all his training regarding the cyborgs—which, arguably, wasn’t much given his newness—a wrestling match between cold reality and innate compassion erupted in his mind. “Um… You’re free to take a short break if you feel you need it.”

“I’m okay…” She grasped her upper arms in a tight hug and took one more deep breath, holding it this time for several seconds before slowly releasing it. Only then did she seem to find calm. “Sorry about that,” she whispered.

“It’s fine.” He waited for a few more seconds before asking her, “Are you ready for the next question?”

“Yes, I am.”

Feeling assured of her answer, he peered down at the paper to find the next query. “Now… what is one thing you would really like to do, but your handler won’t let you do it?”

Her eyes gradually rose to meet his. “I think you have a good idea of the answer to that.” A smirk, tiny yet full of mischievousness, tugged at her lips. “Though, if you promise not to tell Giancarlo, maybe we could, you know—”

“Where would you like to spend your next vacation?”

Her grin only expanded once she recognized his voice carried a definite increase in tempo and volume. His loud cough—one differing from the others—along with a faint redness spreading along his cheeks, only served to emphasize the same. Then she bent over in a fit of laughter. It lifted from his shoulders the serious weight of her implied request.

Not that he would have accepted it anyway. Of course not. He was sure of it. Very sure of it. So he hoped. A thick knot formed in an already parched and coarse throat. Should it have been all that difficult?

“Err… getting back to the topic at hand,” he said, mumbling initially before finding more confidence, “where would you want to go on vacation, and is it a place you’ve visited before?”

She also adopted a more earnest tone once she found her way back upright. “I’ll go anywhere Giancarlo decides to go on vacation, if he’s allowed one. It’s as simple as that.”

The doctor nodded, quickly scribbled on his paper, and decided to continue pushing toward the end of the interview. “This one’s going to be a bit different. Well, the next two to be more precise. First, do you think Triela’s teddy bear collection is cool or geeky?”

“Am I allowed to say both?” She shrugged. “Because I live with a geek so I know what it’s like, but at the same time there’s something very nice about her bears.”

“Sure, we’ll go with both. Next question, do you have a favorite color?”

“Anything that’s not hot pink. That just looks disgusting.”

“We’re almost done, just two questions to go.” He stretched his arms above his head for a few seconds before dropping them. “Now, with the exception of your handler, is there an adult from either this agency or outside it whom you admire?”

A bright smile came to her lips to match her fervent nodding. “All the handlers here who took time out of their busy schedules to help train me. I owe them a lot.” Her grin swiftly transformed into a nervous wince once the revelation struck her. “Oh… yeah… I guess I owe their girls quite a lot as well, maybe even more than I owe their handlers. It’s going to be a lot of fun paying them back.”

“Okay, last question, and a very serious one at that.”

His hesitation captured her attention and her curiosity, causing her to lean forward and level at him an eyebrow-lifting stare. “Go on.”

With a very somber voice he began to speak. “If you could choose, how would you like to die?”

She sucked in a deep breath before exhaling it in the form of a low whistle. “I agree. That is quite the profound question. But, the answer should be obvious if you’ve been paying attention.”

“You’d want to die making sure Giancarlo and Valentina were safe, right?”

With a wistful sigh she turned around so that her back faced the doctor. Her gaze seemed to fall to the floor as she grasped her hands behind her back.

“I’d like to die on the very last day of my designed lifespan, with Giancarlo standing alongside my deathbed. Sure, it probably would make him very sad seeing me like that, but it would at least mean I succeeded at my mission.” She slowly swiveled on her heels. A smile graced her lips, but it screamed of desperation more than joy. “Maybe with Valentina there as well, but I think she would already be gone by then. Her design lifespan’s not quite as long as mine and I’m newer than her.”

After making one last set of notes, he nodded and started shuffling the few loose papers together into a neat stack. “Thank you for your time and your honesty, Eleonora. You may leave through this door here.” He pointed behind his body with one hand at the opposite side of the room from her entrance while smothering a cough with his other hand.

She returned his nod. “I just hope I’ve been of assistance. Anyway, I hope you start feeling better soon.”

Ferro pulled open the door and motioned for Eleonora to walk. Having no real choice, she did exactly as she was ordered. In the process she strolled past Dr. Adamo, her arm brushing against his chest with the gentlest stroke. Only when she had passed through the threshold did she turn her head around to give him a sly wink. As she walked further away, she could not help but to grin when she heard him mumble some hopeful comment about all of the cyborgs not being like her.

Last edited by PSVT on Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 22:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed interview to reflect changes to Eleonora)

The perfect might be the enemy of the good. Then again, so is the mediocre.
PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 0:39

She's lively and sharp, with a wicked sense of ... humour, I hope.  I like the additional framing sequence at the beginning so Valentina isn't just a name.

taerKitty

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 6:32

PSVT wrote:Adamo spent the next few moments scrawling some sort of note. Despite her best efforts to peer at the sheet of paper, even going so far as to edge as close to the man as she dared try, Eleonora could not make out what he had written.
It's doctors' handwriting too. She'd be lucky to be able to decipher anything even if she could see it.

Elenora sounds like she could be a handful at times.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Wed 19 Nov 2014 - 14:52

taerKitty wrote:She's lively and sharp, with a wicked sense of ... humour, I hope.  I like the additional framing sequence at the beginning so Valentina isn't just a name.

Well, the first time Eleonora was serious, especially when she noticed that Dr. Adamo was a much younger man than she had anticipated. After being told off, the rest was just her messing with him. Probably just as well, for his sake.

Beyond that, I'm glad you liked the little bit of banter between Valentina and Eleonora. I plan on adding a similar segment at the end of Valentina's interview, when the two reunite, to link the two interviews together. Though, at this stage, it's less of an interview and more of a full-on short story. Not only that, I have this ambitious plan to make the interviews at least semi-canon to my own story canon.

Alfisti wrote:Elenora sounds like she could be a handful at times.

Oh, you'd better believe it. Though, if Giancarlo was being honest with himself, dealing with Valentina, especially early on, is far more of a struggle than dealing with Eleonora. Then again, having to wrangle a precocious thirteen-year-old with an almost magnetic attraction to boys is among any dad's worst nightmares.

Anyway, many thanks to you fine gentlemen for your comments. Very Happy

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Thu 20 Nov 2014 - 21:43

“I’d like to die on the very last day of my designed lifespan..."
That sounds so sad. Great read! Smile
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 1:04

tremec6speed wrote:“I’d like to die on the very last day of my designed lifespan..."
That sounds so sad. Great read! Smile

Well, it's melancholic at best, but she makes a very good point. It also shows that she knows exactly what she is--she's under no illusions about being anything more than a cyborg, and that she has a very limited time to live. Anyway, I'm glad you liked it! Very Happy

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 2:02

So, as I promised earlier, here's part two of the two-shot story... er, I mean interviews. But, I absolutely love this format. Yes, it's a bit of work, but it's extremely useful. I hope other writers with OCs here who haven't done interviews for said characters decide to do them in the form of a story instead of a list. (Then again, I'm not at all forcing anyone to write stories for the interviews either.) Anyway, enough rambling. sweat On with Valentina's second posted (and third actual) interview.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay, Valentina, you can come in now.”

She almost did not hear her name, and even the recognition of it did not elicit from her any visible response.

From Ferro’s vantage point, the young blonde remained as motionless as a statue, crouching with her back against the wall. A better view of the cyborg’s eyes would have revealed a minute shift in their focus, but from where she stood all she could see was Valentina’s back and side. Still, the lack of an apparent response left her confused. She followed the girl’s gaze toward the wall, but beyond dark oak paneling set into beige-painted drywall, she found nothing of interest. With eyes narrowing and an expression of annoyance falling across her features she tried again, this time with a more forceful tone.

“Valentina.”

“Oh, sorry Signora Ferro.” Valentina swiveled her upper body around toward the woman. “I was doing some reading and you caught me off guard.”

The excuse would have seemed strange had it come from anyone else, given Valentina’s empty hands and the lack of any books—paper or digital—in view. However, Ferro was extremely versed on the cyborg’s unique capabilities, so she paid that omission no mind. She did, however, use that knowledge to press the issue further. A frown pulled at her lips as she stood with arms akimbo.

“And listening to music as well, I take it.”

Her head and shoulders slumped forward in shame, and she answered with a whisper. “Um… maybe a little classical. That’s all. It wasn’t all that loud, I swear. I wasn’t trying to ignore you.”

Ferro turned her head downward and sighed. “Well, anyway, you should hurry up inside. Dr. Adamo is waiting on you.”

Valentina nodded and, with a single motion, leaped to her feet. Her innate speed ensured that she made the trip in seemingly no time at all. Yet she didn’t move quickly enough to conceal from Ferro the seismic shift in her mood. Short of displaying any embarrassment, her grin and widened eyes exuded a sense of anticipation if not outright joy. For all her serious nature, Ferro couldn’t help but to sport a similar, if not more muted, smile.

Upon entering the room, Valentina could see her interviewer staring at a few papers attached to a clipboard. His mumbling, followed by a muted sigh and miniscule shake of his head, hinted at feelings of disappointment. The smile on her lips faded, replaced by a grimace. Surely, the doctor had spotted something in his records on her that sprouted doubt and dissatisfaction in his mind. Surely, it would be something that would make Giancarlo angry at her.

“No, I can’t think so negatively.” Valentina shut her eyes tightly and inhaled a deep breath. “Papa told me to try to stay positive and to not let the negative thoughts take over my brain.” A sense of calm engulfed her as she slowly exhaled. “That’s right. I didn’t do anything wrong, not today. Besides, Papa even told me earlier today that he was proud of me. I want to keep making him proud of me.”

Hearing the whoosh of air alerted Dr. Adamo to the cyborg’s presence. He slid the clipboard underneath his desk and replaced it with a nearly identical board, save for the papers attached to its surface.

“Ah, Valentina. I’m glad to see you again.”

For all its low-rent plastic, flimsy appearance, and loud squeaks and squawks, the chair accepted Valentina’s weight with ease. Then again, the fact that she was among the lightest cyborgs helped immensely.

“Hello, Dr. Adamo.”

He nodded in reply to hers before gazing down at his clipboard, quickly muffling a cough in the process. “Now, I’m sure your name hasn’t changed anytime soon and that your mission is still gathering intelligence.”

“Well…” For a brief moment she tilted her head slightly to the right and looked upward at the ceiling. “There’s a bit more to it than that now, since my last interview with you. But, I’m not allowed to tell you about it. Papa said only those with sufficiently high security clearance can know everything about what we do.”

“I guess I can understand that.” Then the confusion arrived, warping his features into a questioning stare. “Wait, your father? You’re talking about your handler, right?”

“Yes, sir.” An enthusiastic nod accompanied her reply. “Who else could it possibly be?”

“Hmm…” He went to write a note. Yet his only movement of the pen was to lift it from the paper without making a mark. “Oh, I see now. I guess that hasn’t really changed either.” His eyes narrowed slightly at Valentina. “So, would it be correct for me to assume that you like your handler a lot?”

She had no interest in stifling the brilliant smile her lips soon formed. “Yes, sir.”

“Could you describe in a little more detail your relationship with him?” The doctor tapped his pen against the side of his cheek. “Beyond your consideration of him as your father, that is. I recognize that the relationship between the two of you hasn’t always been so pleasant.”

Silence dominated the next few seconds except for the continued tapping and Dr. Adamo’s occasional cough. Nearly imperceptible scratching of cotton against skin soon joined it, the result of Valentina rubbing her upper arms with her hands. Her discomfort might have come from the room being slightly cool, yet such reasoning failed to explain why she found the floor a lot more interesting than the doctor’s gaze.

“Um… It wasn’t all that bad once I found out it he wasn’t really at fault for that. Papa, he’s…” Her head snapped upward, and he could see desperation in her glassy, wide-eyed stare. “It wasn’t him. That’s not how he is. You have to believe me. His sadness at the time and the alcohol made him hit me and say those terrible things to me. But, I know he doesn’t actually hate me, or else he wouldn’t have gotten hurt trying to protect me.”

“Relax, Valentina.” Sensing her billowing agitation, he raised his hands palms outward in front of his chest. “I’m not accusing Giancarlo of anything. The record clearly shows that he is… well, rather fond of you. So, please try to calm down.”

Only when his words had finally sunk deep into her consciousness did she realize she was hyperventilating. It was at the same time that she felt moisture on her cheeks. A quick swipe of her eyes with the back of her hand knocked away some of the latent tears. Fortunately, they were not replaced. About a minute later of slow breathing allowed her to find her peace, at least for the moment. She heard the doctor speak again.

“Are you’re feeling well enough to continue?”

“I’m very sorry about that, Dr. Adamo. I know that all happened a while ago and everything’s different now. And, honestly, the only thing that upset me in recalling that was the fact he got hurt.” She wiped her face once more and then slowly nodded. “A-anyway… yes, I’m fine now. Please go on.”

“Alright.”  He continued to stare at her for a few moments before glancing down at the paper in search of his next question. “We went out of order, but that should be fine so long as we get through all of the questions.”

“I’ll try my best.”

His tenure with the agency wasn’t terribly long, and his exposure to the cyborgs was limited to performing the interviews and occasional assistance during maintenance. He knew that much. Even then, he nearly fumbled his pen upon witnessing the raw determination scrawled across Valentina’s features. It was as though he had stumbled across a time machine and traveled to an alternate universe where the previous minute had never occurred.

“Anyway…” Another damned cough. He brushed aside from his mind the bitter irony of being sick as a doctor with a shake of his head. “I don’t imagine you have any idea about your conditioning levels.”

She shook her head. “Papa says all I need to do is take my medication every week and I should be just fine. But…” So deep was her contemplation, she never noticed her tongue peeking out one corner of a slightly opened mouth. “Hmm… If I really think about it though, I don’t think my conditioning is all that much compared to some of the other girls. I would feel absolutely horrible if I couldn’t remember what I did with Papa even within the last few hours, let alone days, weeks, or months in the past. So, I’m happy that I probably don’t have to worry so much about that.”

“You really should be happy to be so fortunate.” A dismal tone, one borne from her very reference, belied his reassurance. He slowly exhaled a deep breath. “Moving on, now that you’ve performed a whole spectrum of missions now, could you tell me which types you really liked and which types you didn’t like all that much?”

“I absolutely love the missions where I get to use my special capabilities to the fullest.” Though it merely was a coincidence of physics, her eyes seemed to illuminate as they widened with her excitement. “Oh, just like this one mission with Papa where…” Utter silence. Then, with frightening speed, her mouth clamped shut and her gaze shot askance. “Right, you’re not allowed to know.”

“A real pity if I may say so. You’re making me so curious about what you actually do.” She shrugged, and he sighed. “Anyway, what about the missions you dislike?”

“The ones where Papa and I had to fight I hate the most.” A melancholic mood laced words spoken in a whisper. “I always try my best, and I did save his life that one time, but it turns out I’m not all that good at combat.”

“Then again, you’re not designed for that sort of mission.”

“Yeah. You’re right.” Her tone lightened immensely, bringing a smile to her lips. “That’s one reason why I like Nora so much. I don’t have to worry so much about protecting Papa. I mean, I still do worry all the time about that, but I know she’s there to help me.”

Dr. Adamo leaned across the table to close the distance slightly between the two. “By that, I would assume you have other reasons for liking her?”

“She’s just so cool and energetic and awesome to be around. That, and she doesn’t see me as a complete weirdo. Well, the other girls don’t either—not anymore—but she never thought that of me. It allows me to show her stuff and not feel strange and uncomfortable while doing it. She also doesn’t mind my music, or when I play my guitar. Sometimes I can even get her to sing with me, despite the fact she doesn’t like doing so.” Her joyful grin morphed into the faintest of smirks. “I mean, what else can I say about having little sister besides it’s a whole lot of fun?”

“Uh huh.”

Again he just stared at her for several moments while sporting an expression that all but shouted Oh, really? Yet she did not wither under his close inspection. He smothered a cough and wrote down a quick note before continuing.

“So, it would be fair for me to say you’re enjoying your life in the dorms now when compared to last year?”

“Yep!”

He leaned in closer still. “Does that mean we don’t have to look forward to replacing any more items destroyed by your tantrums?”

“Um… well…”

Another nerve lay struck. Her enthusiasm faltered as a result. At that moment, the blue streaks in the white tile flooring seemed extraordinarily interesting to her. So did twiddling her thumbs. Speaking coherently and without mumbling, not so much.

“Papa keeps telling me that I’m doing very well at the things he asks me to do, but sometimes it doesn’t feel that way to me. I know I’m not supposed to hit things, and I guess it frightens the other girls when I do, but I just can’t stop myself.” At some point during her deep sigh Valentina had found a new source of determination. No longer did fear of the doctor’s opinion avert her eyes. She spoke forcefully, if not eagerly. “But, I’m getting better every day, especially with Nora around.”

Another scrawled note was appended to the record. “As long as you maintain that level of improvement, then we should have nothing to worry about. I won’t press you further on that topic. So, let’s move on to food. Namely, your opinion of the agency’s dining hall.”

“I absolutely love it.” Not only did she give him a fervent nod, but she added in a surprisingly airy giggle as well. “There’s so much food there. And, they’re open pretty much all the time so I can just go in and get whatever I want. Oh, except for very late at night and early morning, but I just try to make sure I get enough before then.”

Compared to her earlier gloominess, Valentina’s levity was downright infectious. Still, Dr. Adamo managed to stifle any expression bar a faint grin. “Have you managed to find a favorite food by now?”

“No, I still like everything they serve there, even the strange stuff where it’s clear they’re experimenting.” She giggled a second time. “Papa usually isn’t so picky, so it’s funny to see him try to choose what to eat on those days. He usually gives up and takes me out with him to eat. I don’t mind it at all ‘cause it means I have a snack for later that night.”

Experience told him that his next question stood a good chance of destroying her ebullience, so he did his best to prepare. “Just so you know, this is a question I have to ask you.” He grumbled and coughed a few times, then took a breath. “Beyond just food, is there anything that you find especially disturbing?”

“I…”

Dr. Adamo felt the muscles in his back and neck tense during the lengthy silence. He just about could feel the pain growing in her expression, even as she continued to point a contemplative stare back at him. Then she opened her mouth. He hoped he braced himself well enough. Then she closed her mouth, sending waves of confusion through the poor doctor. When she finally decided to speak, her whisper was accompanied by a deep frown.

“It’s the same as before, so I hope you don’t mind if I didn’t say it again.”

He shook his head and jotted a quick note onto the paper. “I think we don’t need to go down that road if we don’t have to. Let’s move on to something you really want to do, but your handler won’t let you do it, shall we?”

She frowned again, though this time it was more of a childish pout than a fearful grimace. “Papa still won’t let me have an actual pet. I mean, I love Marcello dearly, but a box turtle’s not quite the same. He’s not very attentive unless I’m feeding him, and it’s hard to get him to play. Every time I ask Papa for a dog, he tells me no, that I won’t take proper care of it. I know I’m very busy most of the time, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t make time for Massimo.”

“Massimo?”

“It’s the name of my next pet, if I’m able to get one.” A playful smile replaced her pout. “I’ve had the name picked out for the longest time. I think it’s very pretty. But it’s no good without a dog to give the name to. Okay, maybe I don’t have space for a dog in my room. Cats don’t need that much space. But I don’t like cats all that much because they can be pretty selfish.”

“For what it’s worth, I’m a dog person as well.” That confession earned him another lively giggle. “Anyway, is there a place where you would like to spend your next vacation, and have you ever been there before?”

“I have gone to, um—” in her abrupt hesitation, she shifted her gaze sideways and blinked a few times—“places with Giancarlo, but it’s always been for work. We’ve never gone on a vacation before. I don’t know what I would even do if I we went somewhere but I wasn’t allowed to do what I love to do most.”

“Give it time. Even the busiest agents at the agency occasionally take time off.” After her nod, he said, “Now, I’m pretty sure you’ve managed to get a glimpse of Triela’s teddy bear collection by now, right?”

“Yes, I have.”

“And what did you think of them?”

With a stony expression and nary a hint of vacillation she uttered, “I think they’re stupid. Yeah, I do. In fact, I told Triela to her face that I think her bears are stupid and that she’s stupid for collecting them. Don’t know why she had to punch me for telling the truth?” She lowered her head and exhaled a sigh. “That’s why I’m not allowed within twenty meters of her anymore.”

“Wait…” His flicked through the sheets of paper attached to his clipboard with impressive speed, but the nervousness in his voice didn’t disappear when he reached the end. “I… I don’t see…” The reason for his faltering voice originated from the snickering he heard from across the table. “You weren’t being serious, were you?”

Her chuckling exploded into full-borne laughter. “Wow! I can’t believe I got you so easily.” It took a short while for her amusement to subside. “I collect computers, so I can’t blame her for collecting bears. Not only that, I think they’re actually very pretty.” She lowered her face into her arms and giggled again. “But, still, I’m amazed that you believed any of that from me.”

Dr. Adamo took a moment to wipe his brow with a handkerchief, hoping to recover a little lost pride during that interval. When he regarded her once more, it was with a glare. “I’m struggling to determine which of you is worse, you or Eleonora?”

“I’m still learning from her, but I hope to catch up soon.” She punctuated her statement with a mischievous grin and a wink.

In his thoughts he thanked every possible deity that he didn’t have to deal with the younger blonde again for a year. Outwardly, he groaned and shook his lowered head. “Right. Anyway, do you have a favorite color?”

“Nope. I still like them all the same. Though, to be honest, the visible spectrum is kinda boring anyway.”

“Fair enough.” He muted a cough with his fist. “Outside of your handler, is there anyone inside this agency or outside whom you admire?”

She tilted her head sideways and spun her gaze upward, humming for a few seconds as she searched her mind. “Well… if I had to say, maybe everyone who my Papa worked with before, or anyone who came before him in our field. In a way, I wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for them.”

His narrow-eyed stare matched his somber mood. “Okay, last question. If you could choose—”

“On my own terms.”

Her forceful interjection startled the doctor, driving a shiver up his spine. “What was that?”

“If I had to die, I would want to do so on my own terms. I might not be able to, but that’s what I want.”

He might have needed a second, but a full appreciation of her unstated reference brought forth a nod. “I think I understand what you mean. In a way, we all desire such a fate.” His final note was extremely short, and after writing it he pointed toward the door. “Thank you, Valentina. It’s very illuminating to see your progression within the agency.”

“It was nothing.” Right before she passed through the threshold, she turned around and smiled at Dr. Adamo. “I’ll see you again next year.”

Valentina hummed to herself as she walked out the door and around a corner. Her happy tune stopped along with her feet, but only so she could greet her sister. The older blonde casually leaned against the wall, one hand resting on her hip. A wry grin came to her lips.

“Ready to go back to the room, Tina?”

The intensity of Valentina’s smirk equaled Eleonora’s. “I got Dr. Adamo pretty good.”

“Really? Hmm…” She cocked her head sideways and narrowed her eyes into a questioning stare. “What’d you do?”

“You know the question about Triela’s bears?” Outright enthusiasm filled her voice. “I got him to believe that I actually hated them—and Triela, for that matter.”

“Pretty good.” With a chuckle, she pushed away from the wall and slid an arm around Valentina’s shoulders. “It’s not nearly as good as what I did to him though.”

“Oh? What did you do, Nora?”

Eleonora uttered a seemingly pensive hum as she started to walk, gently leading Valentina alongside her. Then, she turned her head and winked. “I’m not sure I can tell you now since this is grown-up stuff and you’re just a kid. That just wouldn’t be a responsible thing for me to do as your older sister.”

“Hey!” She snapped her head around and fired off a fierce glare at her counterpart. “I hope you know that I’m actually two years older than you, my dear little sister!”

And thus began yet another skirmish in their seemingly eternal argument.

Last edited by PSVT on Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 22:45; edited 2 times in total

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 8:49

While I don't have an OC cyborg and the closest thing I have to that is Tea.  I had a nice long one written out earlier but LMI happened and erased it.  So here is the shortened version.  This takes place after great escape and sometime during world tour.  Katerina is doing the interviewing to see what Tea's life at the agency was like.

I was the only full time maid at the agency and something of a personal assistant to Lorenzo

Basically non exsistant since I was supposed to be decommissioned, and my body was not nearly as modified as my little sisters.  I'm only at gold medal olympic athlete level and they are super human level.

3. How do you feel about the handlers? What is your relationship with them like?
         Jean is completely absorbed in his work and revenge but didn't go off the deep end because Ferro is in love with him.  Why I'll never know but to each their own.
          Jose is an odd ball who for the longest time couldn't decide what he wanted, and Elenora really need to jump him in a broom closet since the man is clueless.
          Marco needs to lighten up, but his reactions are somewhat understandable as someone who almost lost his adopted daughter.  I hope he gets back with Patricia since Angelica deserves a happy family.  I caught her once calling them mommy and daddy in her sleep.
           Raballo he really tried to do the right thing and paid the price for it.
           Hillshire, is a prudish German stick in the mud, who really needs to get laid, but he really does care for Triela like his own daughter.  Now if only some of his tendencies weren't rubbing off on her, but I think her aunts will help a lot.
            Bernardo is a bleeping idiot, but he is our idiot and has a big heart.  I really who gives a girl Japanese Manga to teach her the birds and bees.  No wonder Beatrice is so odd.  And explosives really I don't know how the both of them haven't been blown up yet.  Who the hell wakes people up with fire crackers.

Well I never went on official missions, but I like shopping for presents for Lorenzo's grandchildren, and clothes for the girls.

Lorenzo had me observe some of the handlers before they were brought into the fold and the newest one just before everything went to hell was a real piece of work.  Sandro is a gigilo and if he touches my but again I'm going to rip his arm off.

Sure the dorms weren't a five star hotel but the girls made it home, and home is where the heart is.  They never did figure out I was the one who gave the girls pans to go sledding down the stairs or who helped in all of their sleep overs and midnight raids.  They were just to cute to turn in.

I didn't have a room-mate but I would spend a couple of nights with each of the girls helping them adjust to their new life.  Those were always the hardest helping them with nightmares I hope they never remember.  Rico slept soundly but was horrified by the brief early morning paralysis she suffered on the first few days.  Henrietta would scream and trash at invisible enemies.  Triela whimpered in her sleep until the blond angel saved her.  Beatrice cried for a lost sister she never new, Bernardo stayed just outside the door and came in whenever she had trouble.  Its why despite everything I love the nutbar.

As long as it tastes good and it's not some kind of weird fusion food I don't care. 

Horse meat, Mongolian bacon, some of Priscilla's more interesting cosplay outfits, and some of the doctors new ideas they never got to implement, boob missiles really.....

Clubbing, going to the beach, and going on a date...  Angelica is so lucky she found a boyfriend... he is a hunk

i want to go to the beach with my sisters and spend the day having fun, maybe austrailia because everything there is trying to kill you so maybe it will keep anoying people away... what its not like some random animal is going to be able to hurt us

Very cool, she even lets me help her dress up the bears  sometimes.. I'd love to get some but they are expensive..

white and green

Don't know but Hillshire's family is cool, as are Claes and Angelica's roommates.  Eva had really good fashion sense and is really smart to and she stood up to that second gen cyborg.

Peacefully surrounded by family as an extremely old lady after making the world a better place.
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 17:09

Tea is fun and serious at the same time. The added character and involvement in the girls' early lives you give her is interesting and heartwarming. Some of her answers make a nice tie-in with your stories, as well.

I believe Alf created an 'Interview' thread for staffers and support personnel, like the cyborg and handler ones. Maybe this post should go there; the thread could certainly use some beefing up.

Horsemeat? Mongolian bacon? Where on earth did that come from, I wonder?
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 18:28

TSM those came from my own experiences to spice things up a bit
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum