Angelica and Solty. SnoozeTime

hydra282
Flower Spirit

Forum Posts : 358

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Cute Tournament Voting Thread

Post by Piero on Wed 23 Dec 2009 - 14:27

Personally, I think Tachikomas are very cute. Razz On a more general level though, my feeling is that cute and adorable cover similar enough ground for adorableness to be a factor in this tournament. I've described one of my top nominations as 'adorable' and 'brain meltingly cute' on different occasions and not really felt I was contradicting myself. See, to me, a cute kitten that my brain turn to mush is something that could be described as 'adorable.' The two overlap quite a lot. At the very least, they seem closely linked. Although adorableness seems to be a bit narrower than cute... I specifically chose not to run an adorable tournament because I felt I'd have trouble getting a sizeable pool of contestants and didn't think I'd have as much trouble with a 'cute' tournament. (I also honestly felt adorable was closely enough related that running adorable characters in a cute tournament wouldn't be a problem.)

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 1:49

man... killed first bout by a randomizer. as adorable as the Tachikomas are, they've got nothin' on Angelica. Damn near anyone else in the tournament, and I would've gone with the think-tanks... I know I nominated 'em and all, but...

rusty-spring wrote:Ange and Solty.
-ditto, though I'm only going on descriptions for match two. catgirls in general give me a high blood-sugar headache.

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 4:18

LoC978 wrote:man... killed first bout by a randomizer.
Don't feel bad - the same thing happened to me in the very first round. Sometimes you have to vote against your own nominations. And Ange is just one of the cuties that's hard to beat.

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Forum Posts : 1237

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 15:18

Angelica for match one. *Curses randomizer*

On match two... I'm having trouble telling, does Solty have animal ears too? Because if not, I kind of have to vote Ichigo on principle.

0utf0xZer0

Forum Posts : 265

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 18:23

Solty doesn't have animal ears per se, but her ears aren't shaped like a human's either (she's a gynoid). She can move/twitch them at will or when a noise attracts her attention if I remember right.

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 18:35

And there must be a fan-pic of her with nekomimi somewhere on the Internet, so you're safe to vote for her. Smile

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10896

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 18:44

Kiskaloo wrote:And there must be a fan-pic of her with nekomimi somewhere on the Internet, so you're safe to vote for her. Smile
I swear, with the exception of any of the cyborgs from GsG, there is no anime girl that I haven't seen a catgirl version of somewhere on the Internet.

SPARTAN 119

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 25 Dec 2009 - 1:44

...sadly, I've seen a single nekomimi Rico pic. Nothing is safe.

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Fri 25 Dec 2009 - 1:54

LoC978 wrote:...sadly, I've seen a single nekomimi Rico pic.

WANT.

(It's sad, but I wanna see it!!!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 25 Dec 2009 - 2:02

searching...
uploading...
Spoiler:

now I remember why I dislike that pic...

*last post on this topic from me. thread derailment has gotten out of hand*

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Fri 25 Dec 2009 - 2:06

YES!!!!!!

Anyways, to bring this thread back on board, I vote Angelica and Solty.

Aww yeah, feel that bold-italic-underline power!

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 25 Dec 2009 - 2:29

Aw, and I'd just been about to add my 2 cents on the discussion...

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 27 Dec 2009 - 2:40

Angelica wins her match 8-1, while Solty wins her match 7-2.

Match One:

The sole heir of a powerful exorcist family. After her mother's death, she was adopted by her cousin's family so that her father could concentrate on is exorcisms. Her cousin Yomi (who was herself adopted) was extremely fond of her and was largely responsible for getting her to be a bit more cheerful (as this girl was originally raised in a very strict environment). Is often subject to being glomped by her cousin/sworn sister, with whom she has a lot of cute moments. Here's Ga-Rei Zero's Kagura Tsuchimiya.

A younger Kagura shortly after her arrival at her cousin's home.
The younger Kagura again.
Kagura and her cousin Yomi get into a fight over the last piece of a package of pocky. Smile

Ryo-Okhi from Tenchi Muyo

Quite possibly the great grandmother of all furry-dom; Ryo-Ohki is a unique artificial life-form created by Washu. She is initially Ryoko's spaceship. She and Sasami quickly become attached to each other she generally chooses to spend her time with Sasami rather than Ryoko.

She possesses the ability to transform herself into a small animal form, generally referred to as a 'cabbit', which she gained after Ryoko resurrected herself in episode 1. Following an incident later in the series, she gains the ability to shift to two humanoid forms; a child form and an adult form.

Match Two:

Komoe from Eiken
Komoe is the youngest member of the Eiken Club. She tends to a lot of the chores in the club, like cleaning and cooking. She easily gets overwhelmed and faints, but she likes the fact the other members of the club actually need her and let her do things. She gives everything she does her best. Despite being the youngest in the club, she actually has the largest breasts. Densuke sometimes finds himself accidentally falling on her, and is also occasionally injured when smacked by her breasts.

Cursed by both the boy she rejected and the girl who liked said boy, this very shy, very cute 14 year old girl ends up being saved by the guy who always deals with girl’s supernatural problems in her area: AKA her best friend’s high school aged older brother. Whom she has a major unrequited crush on. She is known for acting as if said friend’s older brother couldn’t possibly think of her in a dirty way since he’s three years older, however, it is not clear if she’s just that naively innocent or if she’s really a closet pervert behind all that shyness. She also takes much of her fashion advice from said friends’s older brother’s lesbian friend, and much of this advice is rather sketchy in nature. Gets very flustered and embarrassed around girls who she thinks might constitute “competition”. Here’s Bakemonogatari’s Nadeko Sengoku:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4159/nadeko2.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VHMA4AcZNs

Voting for this round will end on Tuesday, December 29 at 9:00pm.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sun 27 Dec 2009 - 5:03

Match one: Kagura

Match two: Nadeko.

Make sure you watch the Youtube vid for Nadeko, guys... it really drives the cuteness home.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 27 Dec 2009 - 5:43

0utf0xZer0 wrote:Match one: Kagura

Match two: Nadeko.

Make sure you watch the Youtube vid for Nadeko, guys... it really drives the cuteness home.
Ditto. And I'm embedding the video here 'cause it really is a must watch. It's the main reason I watched Bakemonogatari.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 27 Dec 2009 - 11:55

Match One: Ga-Rei Zero's Kagura Tsuchimiya.

Match Two: Bakemonogatari’s Nadeko Sengoku

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 27 Dec 2009 - 19:14

Kagura and Nadeko, not that I've seen any of the four series, just because furries aren't my thing and Komoe, well, no offense to Komoe fans, but I have to agree with this demotivational poster:
Poster originally seen here:
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 27 Dec 2009 - 19:44

Kagura and Nadeko for me as well (first case was close to a given, I was the one who nominated Kagura, after all).

Also, the results of the character selection process for the upcoming matchs on Tuesday make me want to murederize my randomizer.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Mon 28 Dec 2009 - 0:05

Piero wrote:Also, the results of the character selection process for the upcoming matchs on Tuesday make me want to murederize my randomizer.
So in other words, we'll finally have a match with reasonably matched characters? Razz
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 28 Dec 2009 - 8:08

Match One: Kagura Tsuchimiya

Match Two: Komoe Harumachi

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 on Tue 29 Dec 2009 - 18:21

M.1: Kagura

M.2: Nadeko
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Fan of : Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters : Zaron + Josie +

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 1:01

Kagura makes a clean sweep in her match, while Nadeko wins hers 6-1.

Match One:

The imouto of Tomoya’s best friend Yuuhei, this little girl is notable for a couple things. First, her dedication to making sure her brother is on the right track. Second, the sheer heart stopping lethality of her “oni-chan” attack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAziBVp0l-Q
Here’s Clannad’s Mei Sunohara.

A tough biker girl who is focused on avenging her mother’s death. She tends to come across as having an aloof, no-nonsense personality. In reality however, she’s putting on an act to keep people away because the circumstances surrounding her mother’s death have made it difficult for her to trust people. Naturally, this tendency towards avoiding relationships has left her with somewhat stunted social skills, and her attempts to be maintain her façade are often thwarted by the fact that she’s actually rather irritable and very easy to embarrass. Oh yeah, and she has a soft spot for cute puppies. Here’s Mai-HiME’s adorably tsundere Natsuki Kuga.

A pic of Natsuki with her motorcycle and riding gear for contrast purposes.
Natsuki back in middle school. As untrusting as she is at the beginning of the series, she was apparently even more so back then.
Natsuki in the Karaoke stage outfit another character forced her to wear kindly picked out for her. In the actual scene, her eyebrows are twitching. Smile
Video: How to deal with an underwear theft, Natsuki style. (Keep in mind this is a girl who has great difficulty admitting to any kind of weakness.)

Match Two

A hapless Japanese high schooler who went to the Solomon Islands to find out what happened to her dad, who disappeared there while her parents were on their honeymoon. While stranded, she ends up hitching a ride from Yasukawa, an employee of a Japanese company called the SSA. The SSA is trying to corner a market in satellite repair by developing low cost manned spaceflight. Unfortunately, their rockets keep exploding during testing, and they’re about to lose their financial backing, so they’re trying to lighten their payload enough to lift it with a proven older model rocket. Yasukawa isn’t keen on having to lose almost a third of his bodyweight however, so he’s trying to escape. He proves less than successful in this, but his flight brings his boss into contact with Yukari. Immediately noticing how small Yukari is, said boss promptly offers her help searching for her dad if she helps do a job “so simple even a monkey could do it.” As he later notes, monkeys have gone into space before. And thus marks the birth of the world’s first (somewhat less than willing) teenage astronaut. Here’s Rocket Girls’ Yukari Morita.

Yukari gets told what her new job really entails. She seems to be having a bit of difficulty comperhending...
Yukari's initial reaction to her first spacewalk.
The SSA's doctor has remarked that Yukari is at her best when she's 'flaming mad.' Given that her boss is unscrupulous, the company doctor is a sadist, the chemist in charge of fuel production has some screws loose, and various other factors, Yukari spends quite a significant amount of time in that state.

Born in Hinamizawa, Japan and stricken with a mysterious illness that causes severe paranoia and general insanity in herself (and her friends), she has died and been reborn countless times (she has lived over 100 years worth of past lives). Seemingly endlessly, she repeats June of 1983, each time knowing she will again see her friends kill each other before finally being murdered herself. While she is secretly psychologically truamatized by this cycle of death and rebirth, she maintains an outwardly happy disposition, and is best known for her catchphrases: "Nipah!", "Miii!", and "Nano desu" ("so it is" in Japanese). Presenting Rika Furude of Higurashi No Naku Koro. NIPAH!!!!!

Voting for these matchs will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, January 2nd.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 1:01

When you get right down to it, the deciding factor in Match One is the two video clips. Therefore, I'm embedding the two videos here for extra emphasis. Which one has the greater impact: Mei's Onii-chan attack or Natsuki's method of dealing with underwear theft?

Incidentally, both these clips are hilarious, so they're well worth watching. Although the second one should probably come with a mild content warning...

Last edited by Piero on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 18:03; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Trying to fix a weird bug with you tube.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 1:05

I vote for...

Natsuki and Rika!

Oh, and make sure you add a video with Rika's nipah~ cuteness!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 1:07

Match One: Natsuki Kuga of Mai-HiME.
Match Two: Rika Furude of Higurashi No Naku Koro. Because she rocks.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 1:37

As requested, I have embedded a lip of Rika saying "Nipah!" For counterbalance, I have also include an excerpt from an episode of Rocket Girls, however, that's about six minutes long, so you can skip it if you wish. (I apologise for the length, but there's very little in the way of You Tube content for Rocket Girls that isn't in the form of an episode excerpt).

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 2:39

Match 1: Natsuki Kuga because that scene in the image was just that damn epic.

Match 2: Rika Furude because of the immense factor of AWWWWWW!.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 3:40

Match 1: Natsuki Kuga
Match 2: Rika Furude
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 3:57

Match One: Natsuki. I've described her as 'brain meltingly cute' and 'adorable' for a reason. Laughing

Match Two: Yukari. I'm a big fan of Rocket Girls and for whatever reason I don't get the same reaction to Rika that other people do.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 5:46

Match one: Mei Sunohara.

Match two: Rika Furude.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 11:05

Match One: Clannad’s Mei Sunohara.

Match Two: Rocket Girls’ Yukari Morita

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 17:06

Natsuki and Rika get my votes
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Fri 1 Jan 2010 - 16:19

Gonna vote Mei and Rika.

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Fri 1 Jan 2010 - 17:40

0utf0xZer0 wrote:Match one: Mei Sunohara.

Match two: Rika Furude.
Ditto

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
"You treacherous bitch!" -rustyspring (After I pwned him)
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 1 Jan 2010 - 20:40

Seeing as I couldn't stand Clannad, I'll go for Natsuki in Match #1. I pick Rika by default for Match #2 since I have yet to see Rocket Girls.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 3 Jan 2010 - 1:29

Natsuki wins her match 7-4, while Rika wins hers 9-2.

Match One:

A sweet and kind-hearted vampire with a cheerful and positive personality. Though good natured, she possesses a bit of naivety that draws her into problematic situations. Just plain hot as a Super Vampire teen, she's pretty cute as a little Super Vampire girl. Here's Rosario + Vampire's Moka Akashiya (赤夜 萌香):

* Wendy of Fairy Tail
Wendy was raised by a sky dragon named Grandine who taught her how to use Sky Dragon Slayer magic. This magic allows her to heal others, though doing so takes a great toll on her. She is a member of the mage guild Cait Shelter and is accompanied by a talking cat named Charlie.

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/144/01/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/132/20/

Match Two:

* Gaara (young) of Naruto
So basically, when he was born his dad tried to turn him into a super weapon by implanting a powerful chakra Tanuki into his body. It worked but now all the villagers are scared of him and ostracize him. He just wants to play, but they throw rocks at him instead. To make matters worse, his dad thinks he's too powerful and could turn dangerous later, so he starts sending assassins after the poor kid.

If you want to see the sad story of his childhood, it's in these episodes:
Part 1 (time: 3:36-5:50), Part 2 (time: 7:15-13:30, 15:48-20:05), and Part 3 (time: 4:00-11:20) If you don't watch Naruto, the parts outside of the times I listed won't make much sense, so just skip them.

A young girl suffering from amnesia, on the run as a suspect in the murder of a prominent doctor. She consistently speaks whatever is on her mind in a voice almost devoid of expression, and has the curious nature of a child a third her age. Here's Ellis from El Cazador de la Bruja:

There was supposed to be an alternate pic for her, but whoever put it up seems to have run into some account issues.

Voting will end on Tuesday, January 5th at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 3 Jan 2010 - 1:43

Just wanted to note that Kodoku asked to be allowed to vote early on this round due to the fact that he left on a multi day ski trip before tonight's update was due to go up. He voted for Wendy and Gaara.

Got a quick question for Kiskaloo too -is this nomination for Moka in general, or for strictly the younger version? Because the picture is of the younger version, but the description mostly reflects the 'normal' side of the older one. (For those not familiar with the character, it plays a role... Moka has a sort of sealed superpowered side with a much more vicious personality, and frankly speaking young Moka, while perhaps not exactly vicious per se, resembles the sealed Moka more than the rather ditzy 'normal' Moka...)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 3 Jan 2010 - 11:45

Match One: Rosario + Vampire's Moka Akashiya (赤夜 萌香)

Match Two: Ellis from El Cazador de la Bruja

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 3 Jan 2010 - 11:48

Piero wrote:Got a quick question for Kiskaloo too -is this nomination for Moka in general, or for strictly the younger version?

I think she looks cute young or old, so I'll let the voters decide if the younger or older version is the one they wish to support.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sun 3 Jan 2010 - 17:23

I vote for Moka and Ellis (taco, taco, tacos...)

Cute video of Ellis singing the show's trademark Taco Franchise theme song.

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 1:07

Now I want some tacos...
Kiskaloo wrote:Match One: Rosario + Vampire's Moka Akashiya (赤夜 萌香)

Ditto

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 1:13

If we're factoring the sealed version of the older Moka, I can support her. Even if she is kind of a ditz... (While they're generally not my favorite character type, I can generally stand and even like ditzy characters if they're good natured and not too annoying or out of place.)

So Moka for match one and Ellis for match two.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 1:24

I'm going with Moka and Ellis as well.

Also, I want some Amigo Tacos. Screw Taco Bell.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 3:29

Round One: Wendy from Fairy Tale
-Because chicks who leave hickey's piss me off. No seriously, I'm not kidding.

Round Two: Ellis from El Cazador de la Bruja
-Because there is just something special about a pair of violet eyes.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 12:28

Wendy and Gaara.
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 13:17

Kiskaloo wrote:Match One: Rosario + Vampire's Moka Akashiya (赤夜 萌香)

Same for me.
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Tue 5 Jan 2010 - 13:42

Piero wrote:

It seems you have forgotten to do something, Piero......
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Tue 5 Jan 2010 - 14:27

SPARTAN 119 wrote:
Piero wrote:

It seems you have forgotten to do something, Piero......
Hehe... silly Spartan. It's not even Tues afternoon PST time...

Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 5 Jan 2010 - 14:38

Maths is hard... bang head

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zanet on Tue 5 Jan 2010 - 17:55

match one : wendy
match two : Gaara (because Gaara rocks >Very Happy)
zanet

Male

Forum Posts : 21

Fan of : Triela/Hilshire/Pinoccio

Comments : take it easy ;D

Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Tue 5 Jan 2010 - 22:29

Match one: Wendy

Match two: Ellis
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 1:09

Moka wins her match 5-4, while Ellis wins her match 7-2.

Edit: Forgot to factor in Kodoku's advance votes for Wendy and Gaara, however the overall results remain the same due to Moka winning the tiebreaker I ran with the random dice roller program.

Match One:

A very young test subject from a research facility specializing in mutated humans known as 'diclonus'. Though she spent the first six years of her life undergoing torturous testing of her superhuman abilities, she maintains a sunny disposition and is very loyal to her 'Papa' (the man who was in charge of the testing facility, who sometimes showed her small kindnesses). Let loose in the outside world, she is hopelessly naive as to the workings of human society... but honestly, who could hold that against her? Here's Nana from Elfen Lied.

Rizel from Rizelmine
Rizel was developed as a secret government project. She has stopped growing so she has the body of a 12 year old and has a happy-go-lucky personality. She started living with Tomonori but is subject to his constant abuse, always resulting in her nitroglycerin tears blowing up yet another part of his house. A running gag is that at the end of each episode, Tomonori calls Rizel an idiot, causing her to cry and thus cause an explosion.
She chose Iwaki as her husband and needs his love to be able to continue her growth. She is often chased by Hououin Ryunosuke, for her innocence and her cute bear panties.

Match Two:

A half-Japanese, half-Russian middle school girl living near Vladivostok. While her father does research on contractors for the Russian government (and her twin brother Shion is a contractor) she lives a relatively normal life until she suddenly finds herself caught in the crossfire between the various intelligence agencies that want to get their hands on her father’s research. Mistaken for her brother, she ends up falling in with Hei, an experienced contractor who has seen better days. In the course of trying to reunite with her surviving family, she becomes a contractor herself, gaining the ability to materialise and wield a WWII-era PTRD anti-tank rifle. However, she seems to be ‘incomplete’ as a contractor, having not yet completely attained the cold, ruthlessly logical mindset that contractors are supposed to have. (Though it should be noted that it’s debatable how true that perception of contractors actually is.) Prior to becoming a contractor, she was an avid photographer and owned a pet flying squirrel named Pecha. Here’s Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor’s Suou Pavlichenko.

Suou hiding atop a train car with Pecha.
Before becoming a contractor, Suou was an avid photographer. This might have had something to do with her mother being a photographer (Suou's parents are seperated, with her mother having returned to Japan).
Suou, right after being informed she was leaning a bit too far forward while trying to photograph her friends at an ice cream parlour. To quote her response "I'm wearing tights, so it's not embarassing!"

The lead guitarist/vocalist of the the Light Music Club, Yui Hirasawa can only be described as an endearing, endlessly cute, borderline idiot savant, musician. With no prior music experience she spearheaded the rejuvenation of her club's popularity with multiple performances and original songs. Passionately lazy and at times airheaded, she named her partner in (awesomely musical) crime, a Les Paul Gibson guitar, "Giita." She also has the rare ability of perfect pitch and the ability to imagine being stranded on a deserted beach with best friend Ritsu Tainaka, the band's drummer.

Two additional pics suggested by Five_X:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3332/3608532455_00274a78ba_o.jpg
http://www.netharuka.com/wp-content/gallery/misc/k-on-yui-with-toast.jpg

Voting for this match will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, January 9th. Notethat as of next week I plan to increase the number of matchs from two matchs per week to three (I was doing too matchs a week because people were busy over the holiday).

Last edited by Piero on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 19:04; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding in a few pics.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 1:20

Piero wrote:
Suou hiding atop a train car with Petra.

Freudian slip!

Anyways, the first match got screwed hard by the randomizer it seems. I vote for Nana, no question. As for the second, well, that's a hard one. I haven't seen DtB, and I didn't like K-On. However, I must admit that Yui is incredibly cute. So she gets my vote.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zanet on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 1:22

match one: nana the killer
match two: My beautiful suou n.n
zanet

Male

Forum Posts : 21

Fan of : Triela/Hilshire/Pinoccio

Comments : take it easy ;D

Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 1:24

Match One: Nana
Match Two: Suou Pavichenko
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 1:25

Five_X wrote:
Piero wrote:
Suou hiding atop a train car with Petra.

Freudian slip!

Oops, that should have been "Pecha." Laughing I've corrected the error. Not so sure what's so freudian about it though...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 1:29

The Freudian slip was that you referred to Petra. As in the Gunslinger Girl character. Unconsciously.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 1:33

First: NANA!!!! LOVES HERRR!!!!!

Spoiler:

My Nana Cosplay 2 by ~KalasRaven on deviantART
You know you love me! ^_^

Secod: Yui. That Petra slip made me see the similarities and I hate her now. XD

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum