Probit's Works

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Probit's Works

Post by Probit Return on Sat 26 Dec 2009 - 0:30

So as some of you may know, I haven't updated any of my stories in a fairly long time. I normally blame this on my own general lazy nature combine with my writing usually going toward original fiction, as opposed to fanfiction. But I've come to realize that such isn't the case (well it is, but it's not as big as I first thought). No, I think I backed myself into a corner when I decided to make Life After Death a part of the other works.

Now, it's not that I hate any of the stuff, it's just that it was all a spur of the moment type of thing that I kind of regret now. I suppose I could just go back and edit the stuff to make it a bit more of how I want it, but I've been kind of wondering if I shouldn't just scrap everything, save the first chapter of Memories, since I really enjoy that one, and reboot it in a new "fanon-ish" universe that is more in line with my original goal. Same characters (minus Elsa), similar premise, though with some new events, and some new-ish faces. This also gives me a bit of freedom to work in alternate versions of characters like Luca and Freya.

I know it wouldn't be very... productive, I guess, to just push the delete button and undo everything, but I feel that if I don't, it won't go anywhere. And it's not like I wasn't planning to make a new version anyways. I was just planning to wait until I finished the others first. This would just cut out the middle man.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Probit's Works

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 26 Dec 2009 - 0:40

I'm trying to do the same with Michele and Kara. Pactio is an attempt to distill all of my previous M+K fiction into a new, single, cohesive narrative, hopefully benefitting from what I've learned from writing it the first time as individual stories.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum