Priscilla

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Priscilla

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 21:38

A former policewoman and now an agent for Section 2 who loves and genuinely cares for the girls and Angelica in particular. She has a chirpy personality when not on duty. She seems to have a better understanding of the dynamics among the various fratelli. Her function in Section 2 revolves primarily around collecting data.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Priscilla

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 21:42

If I said Priscilla was in her late 20's, would I hear any objections?

For Pactio, I have decided that a fratello is not sent on their first mission by themselves, but instead have either a second fratello or a Section 2 staffer sent with them.

Ferro is too obvious (in that she's a fan fiction favorite), so I was thinking why not send Priscilla? She's a fashionable girl and being say a decade younger than Michele would not be out of place as his wife / girlfriend / companion.

Also, I personally think it not beyond reasonable that she came from the Guardia di Finanza since she handles records and finance research. And that would be an asset for Kara and Michele's first mission.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 21:50

Agreed on the Guardia di Finanza, but she seems maybe 31-32 to me. Young enough to still be hip, but her bright view on life is darkened at times by her understanding of reality and such, something someone older than 30 can understand as their life heads towards 40. I can see her looking in the bathroom mirror and thinking that most of her life is over, and she's still single.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 22:24

Honestly I could see Priscilla being anywhere around the 30-ish area... I wouldn't put it past her to lie about her age either

As for who to send out with a new fratello, I think there's probably a reason that Ferro's a favorite to send out in that she's seen working more often in the field with the girls and handlers. Also she has her head screwed down (with locktite gule, a castelated nut, hefty pin and another lock-nut just to make sure) and so could be counted on to keep a wayward handler in line. Priscilla however has always seemed a little more flighty and willing to go along with any strange ideas a new handler might have... which, when I think about, it may be a good thing for Michele.

Either way, I'm all down for seeing Prissy go out, but I think it might be worthwhile making some sort of reference as to why "standard option a" Ferro wasn't available.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5754

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 22:50

She's at least 30 in the current line, starting in her mid/late twenties when Angie was the first prototype.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 23:11

Well 30-32 would certainly work, and would make her even closer in age to Michele (who is 40).

The main reason I don't want to use Ferro is everybody uses Ferro. Even me - she played the role of Michele's wife in Chapter 05 of Yoake. Also, I don't think Kara would see Ferro as any kind of competition (because Ferro is portrayed as "all-business") where Kara, newly assigned to her handler, would probably think someone as "pretty" and "lively" as Priscilla could be a "clear and present danger".

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 10:36

In my part of SWA Beginnings, Priscilla and Ferro plays a big part with of the SWA Early days. Making them into a fem-fatal triad- Ferro, Olga and Priscilla were unifed as a team since the beginning as Fratello support and Intel Gathering/Verification. The men of the group are too 'Military' to be really effective. As the stories goes- Ferro ands Priscilla took care of Francesca when Felix could not and Olga did Alpha and Omega could not. In their way, they bonded with the cyborgs, as this continues to be the norm with them with the Canon and current OC sets.

In Fanfiction (which does not apply to canon) I gave Priscilla the surname of Meleori. Boomer gave Olga the surname of Argonouva, which I believe was in discussion on the forum a long time ago. Since both stories involve the early years of the SWA as per our POV, Priscilla would have been in her mid 20's then.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 4:26

Any idea where Priscilla hails from?
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 6:21

Italy.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 6:31

Nachtsider wrote:Italy.
Good guess.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 6:56

given that the SWA is a TOP SECRET Italian Government project, Italian would be the norm and people of foreign nationality would barely be allowed to know of its existance,all these foreign support staff has often struck me as ridiculous in both cannon and oc,even Hillshire (German) would be considered a major security risk,Olga (a Russian!)would certainly not be allowed to know about it !

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 7:10

I always sort of assumed she was from somewhere in the fashionable North...

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 9:04

Alfisti wrote:I always sort of assumed she was from somewhere in the fashionable North...

I'd believe she being a Milanese girl, but Yu has never dropped any hints about her background other than that she was a policewoman (likely in the Guardia di Financia).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 17:07

Awinnell wrote:given that the SWA is a TOP SECRET Italian Government project, Italian would be the norm and people of foreign nationality would barely be allowed to know of its existance,all these foreign support staff has often struck me as ridiculous in both cannon and oc,even Hillshire (German) would be considered a major security risk,Olga (a Russian!)would certainly not be allowed to know about it !
Not really. Reason: both Olga and Hillshire have skills that those who would sign up for such a job for the SWA does not have. They would be prime pickings for an agency that realizes that such people like them have become free-agents to be picked up and are negoticable in price. (Yes- unemployment is a bitch, even for well paid secret agents!)

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 17:31

but given the compartmentalism of secret services would you want someone who used to work for a hostile government to be allowed into your top secret project ?
double agents abound even today

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 17:59

Risk big; win big.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 18:02

I'm not sure Olga still has any formal ties with what is now the Russian Federation. Also, if she worked for the Soviet Embassy in Rome, she might very well have already been working for the Italians, either as a traitor (of the Soviet state) or as a double-agent.

As for Hilshire, I'm inclined to believe that he was embellishing the bit about Jean only offering him a job or a bullet in the back of the head. That being said, once Raballo met with his accident, any thoughts Hilshire had about possibly leaking information back to Interpol or Germany were probably permanently squashed.

And if a civilian like Hilshire can find out about it, is it really all that secret? I mean Padania / the Five Republics know kids are involved. And Cristiano, Franco, Franca and Pinocchio clearly reported up the chain about what they encountered with Triela (hence Dante knowing to use military hardware against them in Venice).

And does being Italian really make things safer? After all, Raballo was Italian and a member of the Armed Forces, yet he was preparing to go public.

I do understand your argument, Awinnell. Michele is Italian and a member of the armed forces who held a top level security clearance, which is why he was made privy to the program from it's earliest days and why he was eventually roped into becoming a part of it. If he'd been of another nationality and military, that clearly would not have happened unless he had a skill necessary to support the program (which he didn't).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 18:29

Obviously the enemy will find out about it,the only way to avoid that would be to leave no survivors/witnesses,and thats a lot harder to achieve than hollywood would have us believe !
as for Raballo ,that was more of a case of personal concious,i think he was one of the few Handlers who was morally speaking normal, in that he was disgusted by the SWA's use of children as assasins and that they would lead short brutal lives,he felt he had no choice but to spill the beans to the media to stop the project and was himself eliminated as a result !

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 6:57

Are we absolutely sure other European black-ops communities aren't in on it?

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 7:40

It's not the sort of thing you would want to be known,it violates Italian law,EU and UN mandates and would cause outrage among the general public of Italy and condemnation from virtually every other country in the EU ,you would have to keep it as quiet as possible to delay everyone finding out about it,which would include keeping the number of people who know about it as small as possible,

apart from sending the Handlers off for SAS training no other military/secret service outside of Italy gets mentioned,

allright Hillshire worked for Europol ,but they are an anti smuggling/people trafficking operation not covert ops,and he may have known about the SWA as part of an investigation into kids disappearing,no doubt the investigation was led to believe the benevolent cover story

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 10:20

Nachtsider wrote:Are we absolutely sure other European black-ops communities aren't in on it?

In "canon", I would say they are not.

Awinnell wrote:apart from sending the Handlers off for SAS training no other military/secret service outside of Italy gets mentioned

Amadeo and Giorgio's...TDY...to the SAS was probably not something Jean decided on the fly after their fight, but more likely some type of pre-scheduled "cooperative training" between the GIS and SAS that he decided to "volunteer" them for to get them out of the way for a time.

Amadeo and Giorgio appear to have been members of the GIS - they're wearing the GIS patch on their uniforms in Chapter 19 when they accompany Hilshire and Triela to the GIS training facility in Frosinone.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Mon 6 Feb 2012 - 21:20

Could someone with more clue that me start topics for

- Olga
- Amadeo
- Giorgio

I'd start them, but they'd along the lines of "this canon character showed up in GsG."

Also, back to Priscilla - general consensus is that she's a bit of a ditz, but that seems to be when she's off-duty. On-duty, she's not the sharpest tack in the shed, but she seems capable enough.

===

Also, would there be reason to create a Section 1 subhead as well?

Last edited by taerkitty on Mon 6 Feb 2012 - 21:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding question of a Section 1 subhead.)

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1172

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 6 Feb 2012 - 21:46

taerkitty wrote:Also, would there be reason to create a Section 1 subhead as well?

Honestly, we have too many categories as-is. I've renamed "Section 2" to the SWA and we can use it for everyone other than the cyborgs. (I merged the Medical forum into it)

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 6 Feb 2012 - 21:48

taerkitty wrote:Could someone with more clue that me start topics for

- Olga
- Amadeo
- Giorgio

I'd start them, but they'd along the lines of "this canon character showed up in GsG."

Also, back to Priscilla - general consensus is that she's a bit of a ditz, but that seems to be when she's off-duty. On-duty, she's not the sharpest tack in the shed, but she seems capable enough.

===

Also, would there be reason to create a Section 1 subhead as well?

Olga, Amadeo, Giorgio and Priscilla all came in at before, during or after Angie's creation for reasons unknown but I suspect they were to be her back up on missions which now comes down to the use of the Pizza Van. They were all there to help Marco create "The Pasta Prince" story. Being a girl, Olga and Priscilla may be there for her for those needs Angie may have because as men, we dont exactly facilitate a girl's needs.

Priscilla may have exceptional skills as what role she plays in Intelligence Collection and Deciphering, but her persona shows that she is a ditz. This whole "Angel of Love" does not fit well with her job, her getting clocked by Jean to give her a black eye in practice shows that her mind is elsewhere at the time. Distraction is something you dont do in practice seasons. Her complaining about her Vespa being shot up after Jose/Henrietta, Jean/Rico and Hillshire/Triela completing the capture and termination of Padania Bombers after a bombing they had committed says that she is totally off on her priorities on the missions involved and the SWA itself when they can easily replace her lost or damaged personal items. It all adds up to her being a Ditz. She may be intelligently gifted with the skills she owns but her emotional, rational and personal skills are left to be desired.

Though you dont have to use it, some of us use Priscilla Meleori as her full name since her last name was never disclosed. You dont have to use it. Any names used will be put into the Wiki like this one.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 4:53

ElfenMagix wrote:Her complaining about her Vespa being shot up after Jose/Henrietta, Jean/Rico and Hillshire/Triela completing the capture and termination of Padania Bombers after a bombing they had committed says that she is totally off on her priorities on the missions involved and the SWA itself when they can easily replace her lost or damaged personal items.
I'll be honest, I always personally flagged the "I hope my Vespa is alright" comment as tongue-in-cheek way of saying "Jose and 'Etta will be alright"... and the subsequent hair ringing when it gets shot as essentially just part of her more extroverted(?) personality... and a chance to wind Jose up. She's mischevious. I'm sure if one of the girls hadn't come out from the fight alright then the well being of her scooter would have been the last thing on her mind.

Basically I'd class her as bubbly and a bit girly, but probably not ditzy... at least not when she doesn't feel like playing it up. Razz

That's my take on her at least.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 5:36

I'm of the same opinion, Alfisti... I see her as the sort of person who can take stock of her situation, and once she's ascertained that there's nothing there to truly be concerned about, THEN she can fret about the non-essentials.

I say this, because I'm of the same mold: in a crisis situation, I can handle things that need handling, but afterwards, I might sit and stress for a moment about where my pen's gone off to, or fret pointlessly for a few moments about a button that's been ripped off my shirt.

Little, non-important things... but you're alive and ABLE to worry about them, because there's nothing more pressing on your mind.

I give Priscilla a lot of props, honestly - especially when it came time to bear the bone-crushing force of Angelica's loss of control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 16:16

Officer_Charon wrote:I give Priscilla a lot of props, honestly - especially when it came time to bear the bone-crushing force of Angelica's loss of control.
Even Olga said there was something wrong with Priscilla to allow that to happen. But I understand Priscilla's POV; if she would have told the medical ward that Angie broke her arm, Angie would go through another rewrite, and that would be detrimental to her.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 19:11

For me, I see the whole 'Goddess of Love' as more a sign of confidence in her element than a lackadaisical air. Think Abby from NCIS or Garcia from Criminal Minds - they can afford to be flip because they're very good in their home turf.

Evidently, she was an intelligence analyst. That could explain why she is so inept in the field - it's an alien environment. I believe there was one scene in the anime where she was revealed to be in the field w/o a sidearm, for example.

I plan to write her as very emotion-driven, having horrible 'tactical skills', but being very good at research, etc. I may have her be some sort of 1337 hacker, but that's more for the fanfic section than here.

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 22:13

taerkitty wrote:Evidently, she was an intelligence analyst. That could explain why she is so inept in the field - it's an alien environment. I believe there was one scene in the anime where she was revealed to be in the field w/o a sidearm, for example.
In this light, she is the borderline extreme of from IT Geeks- young hackers who have no academic training but can twist the rules and laws of programming to get what they want done and companies hire them at premium salaries; they dress as they want (one I know used to go to work in a skirt, 9inch platform boots with spikes, another, well, if you know Cat, Cat is a case all his own!), dont attend meetings and hang out in the IT Server room all day long.

But in her past, Priscilla was an Italian Police officer. She was already trained not to inept. The Italian Police is part of its military, so her training must be exact to a sharp edge. No way can she so lacking in her mental capacity. She's a ditz if she is.

taerkitty wrote:I plan to write her as very emotion-driven, having horrible 'tactical skills', but being very good at research, etc. I may have her be some sort of 1337 hacker, but that's more for the fanfic section than here.
I had her crawl out of a bombed out smoking Pizza surveillance Van in Solution's Resolution, placing the van there, knowing that it was going to be targeted, it gets hit with an RPG and she's surprised at what happened. I sure would like to read yours when its done.

Based on my skills, Priscilla is not the super-hacker many makes her out to be. As far as the OC are concerned, Monty is a better hacker than Priscilla, as is Juanita is too. And Fernando being on the top of the pyramid.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 22:34

And we're not going to go down the "never fired, only dropped once" direction. I'm curious what the baseline skills for an ex-serviceperson would be.

But back to canon. What have we seen her do? I know she lent another agent her scooter, and she had her wrist nommed up by a cyborg in the DTs. She answers the phone in a goofy way.
Spoiler:
In the most recent pages, she's likely holding the line with the medical staff.
What else memorable has she done?

taerKitty

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 22:42

taerkitty wrote:But back to canon. What have we seen her do?

Her specialty seems to be Intel, which also appears to be what she did in the Guardia di Finanza before she came to the Agency.

Priscilla: "I miss those days. We had a great motorpool..."

Spoiler:

Guardia di Finanza Ferrari F50

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 22:45

Between her and Ferro, they control the news media of is to be printed.

This is probably how Rabello got found out; not them persay, but another member of the crew receiving the call and handing it to the higher ups.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 23:35

And just to straighten out my witty-bitty-kitty bwain, she is established in canon to be an ex-peace officer of some sort, but it's never explicitly stated, either in the manga or the bonus text that it was GF, right?

taerKitty

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 1:54

A lot of the Handlers' and staff's past is not clearly stated in either the manga or anime. Only hinted. What a tease at times, I swear!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 5:51

ElfenMagix wrote:
But in her past, Priscilla was an Italian Police officer. She was already trained not to inept. The Italian Police is part of its military, so her training must be exact to a sharp edge. No way can she so lacking in her mental capacity. She's a ditz if she is.

You never know; I've known some damn impressive ditz's(what is that plural anyway, ditze...ditzi...ditzo...?). Like this Korean chick I know that loves building monster rigs backed by frankensteined AMD CPU's but seems to consistently lose her pens/pencils even though 99% of the time they're stuck in her hair.

ElfenMagix wrote:
Based on my skills, Priscilla is not the super-hacker many makes her out to be. As far as the OC are concerned, Monty is a better hacker than Priscilla, as is Juanita is too. And Fernando being on the top of the pyramid.

But then again...maybe that's what she WANTS them all to think. 0.o

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 6:20

ElfenMagix wrote:Based on my skills, Priscilla is not the super-hacker many makes her out to be. As far as the OC are concerned, Monty is a better hacker than Priscilla, as is Juanita is too. And Fernando being on the top of the pyramid.
I assume by that you're trying to say Priscilla really is a below average hacker. Razz

For the record, J+M are average at best and mostly tend to rely on pre-written cypher breaking programs for their hacking needs. Monty knows her way around a computer and the internet, but the back end alludes her. There's not good reason for this other than that it was a styalistic choice on my own part: J+M's adventures tend to be a little oldschool in their execution (particularly on Jethro's end).

As to Priscilla, I've always pictured her role as an analyist (and a very good one)... there's other people to do the hacking and information gathering. I think we've had this discussion before (@Elfen) somewhere, but I tend to picture the SWA's intelligence being very good domestically, but in need of a bit of help once it gets outside it's own immediate back yard.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 9:21

taerkitty wrote:And just to straighten out my witty-bitty-kitty bwain, she is established in canon to be an ex-peace officer of some sort, but it's never explicitly stated, either in the manga or the bonus text that it was GF, right?

She explicitly states in the manga she came from the Guardia di Finanza. There is also a picture of her in her Guardia di Finanza uniform when the Croce's Benz is blown-up.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 22:22

Alfisti wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:Based on my skills, Priscilla is not the super-hacker many makes her out to be. As far as the OC are concerned, Monty is a better hacker than Priscilla, as is Juanita is too. And Fernando being on the top of the pyramid.
I assume by that you're trying to say Priscilla really is a below average hacker. Razz

For the record, J+M are average at best and mostly tend to rely on pre-written cypher breaking programs for their hacking needs. Monty knows her way around a computer and the internet, but the back end alludes her. There's not good reason for this other than that it was a styalistic choice on my own part: J+M's adventures tend to be a little oldschool in their execution (particularly on Jethro's end).

As to Priscilla, I've always pictured her role as an analyist (and a very good one)... there's other people to do the hacking and information gathering. I think we've had this discussion before (@Elfen) somewhere, but I tend to picture the SWA's intelligence being very good domestically, but in need of a bit of help once it gets outside it's own immediate back yard.
In this realm I see Priscilla being top notch into getting into systems within the context of her world. But like you said, when outside of this area, she's not useful. This is where Fernando and his little team are top rated hackerrs in their field. In this, being able to use outside programs for their task, Monty is superior to Priscilla. Some would say that this makes her a script-kiddie but I say, if it gets the work done. Priscilla, like most "intel professionals" would probably complain about using an untrusted program for their job.

This just agrees with Michio Kaku's definition of intelligence, one that I agree with: Intelligence is the ability to manipulate one's environment to benefit their needs. This is where Monty succeeds where Priscilla fails.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Fri 10 Feb 2012 - 17:02

I imagine Priscilla to be a computer-savvy 'Bachelorette' who lives off of instant meals, take-out, and alcohol.

Personality-wise: She loves little children (especially little girls), loves dressing them up in pretty dresses, and really loves her possessions (Takes better care of them than herself). I also see her as a 'failed' hopeless romantic that never seems to pan out for her. I imagine her to be lonely and have taken to drinking alcohol after work. Loyal and generous to friends and colleagues. I also see her as constantly trying to set up colleagues with dates, that usually end poorly.

Intelligent but absent-minded, friendly, hard-working but a day-dreamer, forgetful, with no concept of time.

Skills: Computer repair (advanced), secretarial skills (Master-level), tactical skills (below average), Computer programming (advanced), Computer Hacking (advanced), electrical work (non-existent), driving skills (average), Luck (ridiculous)

I imagine her as being more like a secretary during her time in the Guardia de Financia.

I also imagine her to be a stereotypical Sagittarius (Late Sagittarius - December 13 -December 22 (timezone difference)).

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Fri 10 Feb 2012 - 20:46

Well, if we're going to read tea leaves, this is how I see her:

She's an intelligence analyst. To paraphrase a song, she doesn't bring home the bacon, but she does fry it up in the pan. I see her as having crummy field skills, but she's the one to look at all the scattered bits of intel other field agents glean and say, "they're going to hit this site next!"

She's in Section 2 because of that, probably either a "go to this section 2 - we don't know what it is either" transfer, or a "I don't care if you don't want to go - they're pulling some seriously high-ranking strings" transfer. Either way, she's not a good fit, but she sticks it out because of some sense of pity for the girls - she knows they're tools, neglected, denied a proper childhood, etc. She stays in hopes that she can make some tiny gesture to salve that.

Spoiler:
And probably because Jean Croche's idea of a 'retirement plan' is a quiet one to the back of the head.

As I said above, when she's in her element, she's confident to the point of seeming almost unprofessional ("goddess of love"), much like NCIS' Abby and Criminal Minds' Garcia.

In my writing, I'm imagining Ferro as the typical "you gotta grow" boss who's pushing her out of her comfort zone. "Go take a look at this site." "Go see if the handlers need some help."

I see her as being stuck in a job that's not a good fit, and trying to make the best of it. I'm imagining that, because she plowed through a lot of paperwork as an analyst, people also assumed she would file them, etc. And she, being the sort to try to make everyone happy, did it, leading to, as Jacen says, Black-Belt office admin skills.

I don't see her hitting the booze, though.

taerKitty

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down