Tsundere Tournament Nominations

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tsundere Tournament Nominations

Post by Five_X on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 2:04

Well, since my other tourney was ignored, I've decided to make one that will hopefully be more popular. This is the tsundere tournament.

Most anime fans know about this character type, but here's a basic summary. The most common tsundere type, Type A, is generally cold and mean, but showing a kinder, nice attitude at some points, often toward a love interest. Type B tsunderes are the opposite, and are very nice and sweet, but act meaner, again often around their love interest.

Let the nominations begin!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Tsundere Tournament Nominations

Post by Piero on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 2:16

I call dibs on nominations for Kaname Chidori, Mai Tokiha, Natsuki Kuga, and Yomi Isoyama! Razz (I'm doing up nominations for most of them for the planned second babes tournament anyway... so why not do up nominations for this as well?)

Here are nominations for Kaname, Mai, and Natsuki -I'll upload some pictures as a batch later.

The mission primary of a socially inept teenage mercenary who was assigned to protect her because of her status as one of the whispered. While a kind and caring person at heart, she had adopted something of a tough lady attitude due to her experiences in middle school (her mother died of cancer and she was bullied to the point of wanting to commit suicide because she didn’t fit in after several years overseas). She seems to be determined to beat some sense into her protector –literally, if need be. Here’s Full Metal Panic’s Kaname Chidori.

Same girl, less than four minutes later.

An exceptionally kind and caring girl who is also quite strong willed and liable to get her back up over certain issues. Her first meeting with her main love interest got off on the wrong foot after she got a wet shirt doing CPR on a drowned girl and he ended up staring more than he should have. She responded by doing things to get under his skin without making it clear to him why she was acting that way, this giving him the impression she was ill tempered and leading to a led to a relationship characterised by both parties regularly expressing low opinions of each other. This "verbal warfare" continued until he happened to tease her about something when she was already having a terrible day (due to, among other things, the stress of taking care of her extremely sickly younger brother) and she broke down in tears. The candid conversation that followed led to a mutual increase in the respect that both parties had for each other, although the teasing and less than flattering comments remained a staple of their relationship for quite some time afterwards. Her rocky relationship with her love interest is in stark contrast to her relationships with most of the rest of the cast. She is exceptionally nice to just about everyone else, including her often exasperating younger roommate (although she's not above a little big-sisterly teasing of said roommate). Here’s Mai-HiME’s Mai Tokiha.

Mai and Yuiichi having an argument.

A tough biker girl who is known for having an aloof attitude. In reality, she deliberately cultivates this image because she has difficulty trusting people due to the circumstances surrounding her mother’s death. Because of her limited contact with others she’s not that good at dealing with people, and despite the “in control” image she tries to cultivate she is remarkably easy to anger and embarrass. Over the course of the series she gradually starts to warm up to some of the other characters more and even manages to start to move past the issues relating to her mother’s death, resulting in a warmer, kinder, and wiser person starting to emerge towards the end of the series. Here’s Mai-HiME’s Natsuki Kuga.

Last nomination has more or less been replaced by a joint nomination for this particular tsundere and the male tsundere she's engaged to.

The adopted daughter and heir of a powerful exorcist. She has serious problems getting along with the fiance in the arranged marriage that has been planned for her, but she won't object out of loyalty to her foster parent. Interestingly enough, both she and her fiance appear to have a certain fondness for each other, they just constantly end up at each other's throats. (During one of their quieter moments, her fiance actually notes that they're probably going to end up constantly fighting with each other if they get married.)

Later the same episode. Talking to the same fiance she was having a standoff with earlier.
Youtube Clip: Yomi and her fiance get in a fight at the office of the spirtual exorcism agency they work for.

Last edited by Piero on Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 0:17; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Was disatisfied with Mai's original profile and had to do a fair bit of editting to get the formatting right when I put up a new one.)

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 2:28

I'm definitely nominating Tsugumi Komachi, especially since her and Takashi did so well in the couples tournament.

I'll also probably nominate Hitagi Senjougahara and Aisaka Taiga.

Do we consider Horo a tsundere.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 3:26

Just wanted to ask -if I have a female tsundere and a male tsundere who together form a tsundere couple, would I be better off nominating the two of them together rather than doing seperate nominations for each?

BTW, I'm going to edit all of the four nominations I mentioned earlier into one post and upload pictures to go with them as a batch. So it might be a little while before Kaname gets a picture but don't worry, she will get it.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 11:02

A well-regulated and attractive girl who, due to her often snapping at others in brutal ways and her short stature, has been given the nickname "Palmtop Tiger" (手乗りタイガー Te Nori Taigā?). Her under-developed body and the added nickname has given her a complex which in turn serves to give her a negative attitude and facial expression. While easily annoyed and considerably clumsy, her cute looks bring her confessions of like/love from boys, though she rejects every one (in one case, to her later regret). Here is Toradora's Aisaka Taiga

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 4 Feb 2010 - 2:00

Due to a chat conversation, I'm switching to a join nomination for Yomi and Noriyuki as a tsundere couple. Smile

The heirs to two exorcist families whose parents arranged for them to be married. They have serious problems getting along, but neither one is willing to oppose the decision (in one case because of being intimidated, in the other case out of respect for a foster parent). Interestingly enough, the two of them actually seem to be somewhat fond of each other, the problem is just that they always seem to end up at each other’s throats whenever they’re together. One of them even notes during one of their quieter moments that if they get married they’ll probably end up constantly fighting with each other. Here’s Ga-Rei Zero’s Yomi Isoyama and Noriyuki Izuma.

A pic on the cell phone of Yomi's younger cousin/sworn sister Kagura that shows a different side to this couple.
Youtube Clip: Yomi's hypocrisy is hilarious. Smile

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 7 Feb 2010 - 1:14

Time for my contributions!

An accomplished magus and a "perfect" student at her school, she rarely shows her tsundere-ness outside personal interactions away from school. And at those times, she can be quite abusive, going as far as trying to kill the main character (albeit semi-justified). In her respective route in the game, Unlimited Blade Works, she acts much kinder at points, and is quite flustered during the comedic scene leading up to her having sex with the main character. Overall, she's definitely one of the finest examples of a tsundere today. Here's Fate/Stay Night's Rin Tohsaka.

A chart showing Rin's tsundere-ness

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 1:50

Can't believe I missed this before. I nominate Kagami from Lucky Star, Louise from Zero no Tsukaima, and Asuka from Evangelion. If guys are allowed, then also Kyou from Fruits Basket and Watanuki from xxxHolic.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 2:18

Guys are fine. Just make sure you get around to making descriptions for them. Outfox's nominations also need descriptions, so he should try to do that sometime.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 3:10

@Five_X wrote:Just make sure you get around to making descriptions for them.
sweat

When are you planning to start the tournament? I'm rather busy with school this week so I probably wouldn't be able to write up all five right away.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 3:22

Well, I'll start the tournament once there are at least 24 characters nominated and descriptified. I want to get to 32, though. Right now there are a total of 13 nominations, 6 of which have descriptions. I'll try to add more myself, but other people should contribute too. It'd be lame if I was the only one doing most of the nominating...

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 7:02

I am thinking of nominating the following individuals. I will put up profiles for them over the weekend.

Vita- Nanoha
Kallen- Code Geass
Hibiki- Vandread
Anemone- eureka seven
Ryoko- Nadesico
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 7:55

Hmm, this is interesting indeed.

I'm gonna put the flags on/nominate:
Akane Tendo- Ranma 1/2
Misty (whats'ername) - Pokemon series
Ai Amano - Video Girl Ai
Winry Rockbell - Full Metal Alchemist
Kagura - Gintama
Tae Shimura - Gintama

Descriptions shall be written upon approval of said nom's.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 15:46

They don't really need "approval", really. No seconding or whatever. I do, however, approve of Misty and Winry out of that list, to give you a start.

Also, even though she kinda is a tsundere sorta, NO TRIELA. Pretty much just like every other tournament, really.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 18:46

Kallen Koziki/ Statfield leads the double life of a Japanese freedom fighter hiding as a Britanian student using the guise of a weak constitution to hide her true nature. She dislikes all Britanians yet comes to care deeply for Zero the mysterious leader of the Black knights who is a Britanian in disguise. She eventually is able to rectify her conflicting views over of the course of their battle for freedom.
crazyidiot78

Male

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 18:54

Vita of the wonkewritter (piero did i spell that right) is one of the guardians of the tome of the knight sky and its misstress Hayate Yagami. She cares deeply for her master hayate and hates being treated like a little kid. She eventualy warms up to Nanoha and is fiercely protective of her as well. Vita is also known as the hammer loli smashing through anyone that gets in her way.
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 19:44

According to the always reliable wikipedia, it's spelt Wolkenritter. Razz

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 21:25

I'm going with Sakura Haruno from Naruto: Shippudden.

The never-say-die medic who is most often beating the crap out of her teammate, Naruto, whenever he says/does something stupid.

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 21:57

I want to nominate Kaname Chidori but it seems like someone has already done it.

I should do a yandere tournament haha.
Nuke is Good

Male

Forum Posts : 326

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Rc v1

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 7 Jun 2010 - 2:00

I should probably do some fact checking on this one (it's been a while since I've seen the series) and perhaps looks for an alternate image(s), but here's a preliminary nomination for Eri Sawachika of School Rumble:

A half-English, half-Japanese girl from a wealthy family. She is lonely but also proud, and hides her insecurities behind a polite and graceful façade. Being both beautiful and talented, she is considered something of an idol at school and has received quite a number of confessions, most of which she has rejected. However, she was struck by the sincerity of one particular confession she got from a notorious delinquent named Harima Kenji, the problem with that being that the confession was actually meant for her friend Tenma and was given to her by accident. This was not cleared up, and as such she took an interest in Harima despite having a low opinion of him due to several incidents, including the time they were on a group outing together and she accidentally walked in on him while he was exercising in the buff. It should be noted that she acts tsundere towards her friends as well as Harima. Her best friend is her classmate Mikoto Suou, a very forthright girl who was able to see through this girl’s façade. Since she found the act annoying, Mikoto needled this girl until she got angry enough to drop the act and lash out, after which the two ended up becoming close friends in spite of their vastly different personalities. Here’s School Rumble’s Eri Sawachika.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 21:13

Here's one for the tsundere guys category...

A flight school trainee turned fighter pilot who ends up at the center of a bizarre love
triangle with an idol singer and a rather odd girl who is two years younger than he is. His best friend is a guy whose teasing regularly manages to get under his skin, and he also has a longstanding spat with his father due to his decision to become a pilot rather than following the family tradition of Kabuki acting. He has at times offered strong emotional support to and risked his life for both his potential love interests, but has also teased one for her childlike tendencies, criticized the other for her attitude, and generally acted impatient and annoyed by both of them. Some fans have argued his true love is actually his VF-25 Variable Fighter, even though he’s actually had two of them and both of them got destroyed. He seems to have no plans to cut his extra long hair despite the fact that he hates being nicknamed “princess” and being mistaken for a girl. Here’s Macross Frontier’s Alto Saotome.

Alto with his potential love interests: Sheryl Nome, Ranka Lee, and his VF-25. Smile For the record, he's the one with the blue hair. Razz

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:52

One of six people trapped in an underwater themepark that’s set to collapse due to water pressure in 119 hours, this bitter and cynical 23 year old woman seem to have varying degrees of dislike for everyone except her pet hamster and the token loli. She seems to have a special dislike for 20 year old, happy go lucky collage student Takashi, whom she likes to manipulate into carrying heavy things for her by flirting. He’s also her person of choice to take with her when she goes around doing things that can be described as “tempting Death to take her” – seems she might have a death wish of some sort. But then Takashi helps rescue her pet hamster Chami, and she begins to find his friendly manner endearing… what’s a tsundere to do? Pin him to a seat in an enclosed space and act threatening? Try and shatter his positive view of the world by revealing a tragic backstory? Cry happy tears when he teases her after coming to her rescue? How about a mix of all three? Here’s Ever 17: The Out of Infinity’s Tsugumi Komachi.

0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Fri 2 Jul 2010 - 2:51

Thanks for the nominations, everybody!

To those people who have nominated characters but haven't made descriptions for them yet, you should do that soon. If not, I'll end up writing them myself, 'cause I've decided lately that this should actually get moving.

Go go go!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 1:34

Surprised no one's included these two gals from Love Hina considering the male lead of the series was enough of a punching bag in it.

This academic achieving high school and prep school student is kind and considerate towards the other girls living at the Hinata Inn. But towards male lead and new inn manager Keitaro Urashima, he's a big thorn in her side whose clutzy behavior she commonly mistakes for lechery which earns him a punch or kick with enough power to literally knock him out of the inn. This girl does get jealous if Keitaro is in any situation where it appears he is getting close to another girl while denying any attraction to him and may be the lost girl that Keitaro made his promise with to get to Tokyo University 15 years earlier. Here's Love Hina's Naru Narusegawa.

This first-year high school student is strongly devoted to kendo as she comes from a school of powerful swordsmen followed in her family's footsteps. Having left the school for Hinata Inn because of her older sister's marriage, the thought of her older sister settling down has made her develop a hatred for men. Unfortunately for Keitaro, this girl curses his very presence at the inn and quite often makes use of her kendo techniques to launch him away if she's provoked enough. As the series progresses, she slowly softens up to Keitaro and denies any attraction to him which some of the inn residents have taken notice of. Here's Love Hina's Motoko Aoyama.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Thu 8 Jul 2010 - 1:44

Strict, proper, and tsun, she is the head of the Tohno family, and has been living alone with the two family maids, until her brother Shiki moves back in. He isn't used to her lifestyle, so she ends up reprimanding him a lot, though she's really just worried about him. However, she and the entire Tohno family have secrets that they're keeping from Shiki, and she tries her best to keep him from learning the sinister truth. Here's Tsukihime's Akiha Tohno.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 12 Jul 2010 - 19:02

Here's one from something relatively recent:

A childhood friend of Junpei Kousaka. Relations between the two of them soured after a misunderstanding in elementary school, resulting in a years long “cold war” between the two. This was eventually cleared up when the two were in high school, resulting in this girl abandoning the incredibly wild make up style she’d adopted during that time on the grounds that it made her feel stronger (though of course she claimed that she dropped it because the make up required was expensive). Of course in spite of liking Junpei it was awkward for her to just start acting all lovey dovey towards him after they’d been at odds for years, and as such her attempts to get him to pay attention to her tend to involve her bullying him in some fashion (she’s particularly prone to grabbing him and dragging him places). On the other hand, she made a point of taking care of him when he got sick –Junpei just didn’t make the connection between her behavior and her feelings because he can be kind of dense where she’s involved. She also really likes cats, although she was kind of embarrassed to admit it given the image she’d been trying to project. Here’s Nyan Koi’s Kanako Sumiyoshi.

Kanako and Junpei near the end of their "cold war." The make up style Kanako is wearing in this picture is called "mamba" by the way.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 15:51

If it is not too late for nominations, can I offer Fuko Kirisawa from Flame of Recca.

Fūko, a tomboyish teenage girl, is Recca's childhood friend who has always aspired to defeat him in battle so that he would serve her as her ninja. She initially gets irritated by the fact that Recca chose to become Yanagi's ninja just because he wanted to. For this reason, she decides to accept the aid of Kagerō, who offers to lend her Fūjin (a powerful madōgu that controls wind) in order to enable her to defeat Recca. In actuality, Kagerō implanted a stone in the Fūjin that allowed her to brainwash Fūko, but Recca manages to defeat Fūko and destroy the sphere. Fūko ends up being friends with both Yanagi and Recca after the
incident, and she also keeps the Fūjin and wields it throughout the rest of the series. Fūko is often described as tomboyish by other characters, and is often laughed at or teased when she shows or says something sensitive or feminine.[2][3]
Fūko greatly respects human life, and hates those who take it for granted. This characteristic is shown on several occasions, the first being when one of her opponents, Fujimaru, states that he would do anything and kill anyone - even women and children - to achieve victory.

This is how the fight between her and Recca ends

Last edited by Jacen Starslayer on Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 12:16; edited 1 time in total

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 21:12

Hey Jacen, good nomination, but could you fix the text format? It's all weird, since it seems you copy/pasted the paragraph. Also, cut down on the videos, please. Only one for the nomination; you can put in more when the tourney starts.

To all those people who have nominated characters but haven't put up descriptions, try to get around to that. I'm going to try to get this started soon, so if you guys don't hurry up, I'll write up descriptions for them myself, and that's not very fun for you as you won't get to describe the character the way you want, which can be important. Just a note.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 18 Jul 2010 - 14:34

Another nomination. Come on, let's get this tournament started!

The sister of guitarist Ryuuske Minami, she has poor Japanese skills due to living in the US for much of her life. When Ryuuske starts up a band called Beck, she meets Koyuki, whom she proceeds to be incredibly tsundere towards. One moment she's skinny dipping with him at night alone, and the next she's yelling at him or ignoring him. She really can't get her priorities straight. Here's BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad's Maho Minami.

That brings the totals to:

Complete Nominations
:

Incomplete Nominations
:

Total:

If those people who haven't completed their nominations get around to it, we'll have almost enough for the tournament.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 2:05

A middle school student at Tokiwadai Academy who is ranked as one of only seven Level 5 Espers in Academy City. She has the power to manipulate electricity and is often referred to as “Tokiwadai’s Railgun” due to her ability to use her power to accelerate metal objects to high velocity. She is also referred to as “onee-sama” by her lesbian stalker younger roommate Kuroko, (who perverted behaviour regularly pisses her off but with whom she forms a very effective team in trouble spots) and “Biri Biri” (a reference to the sound of crackling of electricity) by Touma, a teenage boy she initially takes an interest in because of his ability to block her attacks. She initially wanted to find a way to beat him, but ended up taking a (somewhat) friendlier interest in him after he helped her out in a critical situation. While people who don’t know her often imagine her as being very ladylike, she is actually rather tomboyish (Kuroko regularly criticizes her for wearing shorts under her skirt) and has a secret love for childishly cute things which she tries to hide. She has a particular liking for a certain frog mascot character. Here’s Mikoto Misaka from Toaru Majutsu no Index and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun.

Mikoto and Touma.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 17 Aug 2010 - 0:59

The daughter of the late head of Waldstein Academy, an institution that studies the Occult. Because of her upbringing, she is an expert on the Occult, however she also absolutely hates it because of how her father’s obsession with it destroyed their relationship. She therefore wants to bring down her father’s Academy, though her priorities shift once she finds evidence that her father’s death may have been a case of murder. She eventually comes into contact with Fumiaki Uchida, an ESPer from the future who was (not entirely willingly) sent back in time to stop an Alien Invasion that devastated the earth in 2012. She initially dislikes Fumiaki because of the circumstances of how they met (he lost his clothes during the time travel), his relation to the Occult, and the cowardice he demonstrates, however she later agrees to help him stop the invasion and softens up considerably after finding that his abilities as a child ESPer essentially destroyed his childhood. Here’s Maya Kumashiro from Occult Academy.

Yes, this is the same person.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Tue 17 Aug 2010 - 1:56

A gun nut and an undercover CIA operative, she gets a job spying on Eris, an alien catgirl that recently came to Earth. However, she soon finds herself helping the catgirl, who has taken a liking to her friend Kio. She has been a friend of Kio since they were both kids, and she thinks that he never thought of her as a girl due to her tomboyishness. While she helps out her new friend Aoi Futaba in getting Kio to like her, she still has a crush on him, and often hits him or even shoots at him when she's irritated. However, things are recently looking up for her. Here's Minami Kinjou (aka CIA-tan) of Asobi ni iku yo!

Minami looking at Kio's porn.

A rare dere moment.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 18 Aug 2010 - 2:47

One of the key members of the “Otogi Bank,” an organization at Otogi Acadeny that helps students with problems in exchange for future favors from said students. She appears to be extremely fierce and is frequently called upon to deal with thugs and stalkers. However her fierce demeanour is actually a façade she adopted because of an incident in her past –in reality she is vastly less brave than she seems to be. She also secretly likes cute dogs and romance novels. Very few people are aware of the less confident side of her personality. One is her roommate Ringo, who discovered it
in the past when she tried to score points with a staff member by taking a notice to this girl back when she was still a delinquent transfer student. Another is Ryoshi, a boy who she initially deemed wimpy but who proved useful for watching her back in fights (he was apparently trained in traditional stealth-oriented hunting techniques by his grandfather and freaks out whenever people pay too much attention to him, though he is perfectly fine otherwise). Here’s Ryoko Okami from Okami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi.

Ryoko during an incident where she hit her head and had her memory revert to when she was thirteen. She comments that her tastes haven't changed much despite the fact that the outfit she was wearing was chosen by Ringo for an assignment that saw her and Ryoshi becoming involved in a double date meant to help another girl at the school.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 20 Aug 2010 - 20:11

This should be my last nomination for this tournament unless another character jumps out at me. Probably a good thing too, as I've now accounted for slightly over a third of the total allowable number of nominations. Laughing

Anyhow, figured I'd save the one that might make the biggest splash for last. Razz

A girl whose initial objective is to have one hundred sex partners. She has an exceptionally high opinion of herself, particularly her looks, but has no actual experience with sex and is afraid of being humiliated. Therefore she decides to go after a guy in her class who is so terminally average looking that she’s sure he can’t have more experience than she does. However, she soon finds herself genuinely falling in love with the boy she’s going after… and vigorously denies the fact. Additionally her attempts to seduce her target tend to start with her being hyper aggressive, then end with her freaking out as her nervousness kicks in, which has a tendency to leave said target in an extremely confused state that does not appear to be good for his mental health. In addition to her tsundere attitude towards her love interest, she also has a somewhat tsundere attitude towards her love interest’s childhood friend. She intends prove to said childhood friend that she doesn't stand a chance so as to prevent her from pursuing the boy she wants to seduce, but has a change of heart after said childhood friend compliments her and ends up promising to be someone said childhood friend can talk to about her romantic problems. Here’s Yamada from B Gata H Kei.

A somewhat less arrogant side of Yamada.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 13:47

I'll throw one in for Holo from Spice & Wolf

A harvest goddess who is truly embodies the appellation of "Holo the Wise Wolf." She can be crafty, and often a better merchant then her human companion Kraft Lawerence. She is also capable of, literally, ripping enemies to shreds. However, she is lonely and fears abandonment, sometimes breaking down in tears over the fear of loosing Lawrence -- truly a vulnerable girl/wolf goddess

MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 14:27

I'm not really sure if she would count as a tsundere. I don't think she ever really acts tsun toward Lawrence at all.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 16:07

My brother was thinking of nominating Horo for this as well. He's a huge Spice and Wolf fan, so he might be able to point out some things that make her tsundere.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 16:47

Horo does not strike me as a tsundere, at least in the classical sense.

Yes, sometimes she gets annoyed at Lawrence, but to me a tsundere is someone who will not admit they care for the other person and cover the emotional distress that creates inside them with physical violence towards that other person.

And Horo has certainly never shown that level of "emotional animosity" towards Lawrence in either series. In fact, it seems pretty clear they have a strong relationship that is hindered mostly by the fact he's a human and she's a wolf goddess.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 17:56

Kisk, your definition of tsundere seems more like a definition for failed tsunderes. Take a look at the eytomology of the word -it's basically a portmanteau of two terms that mean "hostile" and "lovey dovey." The balance of the two sides may vary, but you can not have a true tsundere unless the character incorporates both those sides.

Now the term has evolved somewhat over time. The classic definition of a tsundere was a character that starts off cold, then basically melts. A widely accepted modern definition by contrast would be that a tsundere is a character that switches back and forth between their "tsun" and "dere" sides. The modern definition (which is I think what Five_X is using in this tournament) allows for the subdivision of the characters based on whether they are Typa A (tsun side dominant) or Type B (dere side dominant).

Also, showing a tsun side does not require the character to be violent, it simply requires that they be hostile. Putting the other character down or giving them the cold shoulder can also be a form of tsun behaviour.

I don't really think the concept is really vague the way moe is. There are many, many variations and shades of it, but the basics are pretty simple. Character switches back and forth between hostile and lovey-dovey. Is a Type A if they're hostile side dominant. Is Type B if they're lovey-dovey side dominant.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 18:29

Whatever a tsundere is, to my eyes, Horo isn't. Smile

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 19:02

I don't think Horo is extreme enough to be a tsundere. Everyone gets mad at other people some of the time, no matter how much they like them. For a tsundere, it has to be more frequent and more pronounced.

And there are a few classic tsunderes in this tournament. Tsugumi is a good example. Classic tsunderes switch between tsuntsun and deredere, but in the end lose the tsun side mostly or entirely.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 19:27

@Kiskaloo wrote:Whatever a tsundere is, to my eyes, Horo isn't. Smile

I'll leave the matter of whether or not Horo is a tsundere up to someone who is more qualified to speak on the matter than me (I've only seen the first few episodes of Spice and Wolf and don't remember them overly well).

I'm kind of hoping you'll at least make an effort to try to understand what a tsundere is before you start voting in this though, particularly considering that your apparent idea of what it means neglects a key part of the concept that is inherent in the very eytomology of the word. A true tsundere must have a dere side as well as a tsun side. The relative balance of the two sides can vary, but the absence of either one means that the character is no longer a true tsundere.

Basically, I don't want to see this contest become another situation where the term "tsundere" is incorrectly used as a substitute for the word "bitch" (although that would legitimise Horo's nomination Razz). A tsunderes dere side is a critically important part of her character and is not somehow inherently less important than her tsun side.

Also, if I sound like a guru right now, let's just someone I know has refered to me as a "tsundere fag" for a reason. Razz

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 13:03

@Five_X wrote:I don't think Horo is extreme enough to be a tsundere. Everyone gets mad at other people some of the time, no matter how much they like them. For a tsundere, it has to be more frequent and more pronounced.

I don't claim to be an expert on Tsunderes, but does a character have to be blatent to extreme to be a Tsundere? Is there a limit on the subtleness? Is is the interplay between the two sides, or is it more of an M&M thing (i.e. hard on the outside, but soft on the inside)? I've seen seen so many different definitions, that I do not claim to be sure. It's probably more ambiguous then "Moe."

Regardless, if no one else thinks Holo is tsundere, then no one will second the character. In the end, though, it is Five_X's tournament.
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 13:25

Tsunderes don't necessarily have to be extreme, it's just that Horo doesn't act particularly tsun toward Lawrence. There was a conversation in the chat recently, and it was agreed that Horo isn't tsundere.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 14:23

@MadHatChemist wrote:
@Five_X wrote:I don't think Horo is extreme enough to be a tsundere. Everyone gets mad at other people some of the time, no matter how much they like them. For a tsundere, it has to be more frequent and more pronounced.

I don't claim to be an expert on Tsunderes, but does a character have to be blatent to extreme to be a Tsundere? Is there a limit on the subtleness? Is is the interplay between the two sides, or is it more of an M&M thing (i.e. hard on the outside, but soft on the inside)? I've seen seen so many different definitions, that I do not claim to be sure. It's probably more ambiguous then "Moe."

Regardless, if no one else thinks Holo is tsundere, then no one will second the character. In the end, though, it is Five_X's tournament.

I don't know enough about Horo to qualified to make my own judgement on her, but my understanding of the decision reached by those who do was that she basically doesn't qualify because her attitude is practically never hostile. For a character in a relationship to be tsundere, they need to express a "tsun" or "hostile" side to a degree that it's a notable trait. It doesn't need to be the defining one, but it needs to be notable (just as their "dere" or "lovey-dovey" side doesn't need to be their defining trait, but does need to be a notable one).

As for the definition, I'm not sure what all circulates around the internet, but I'm basically only aware of two that I don't consider misuses of the term. Both are based on the character having a "tsun" or "hostile" side and a "dere" or "lovey-dovey" side.* In the classic definition, the character starts off tsun, but melts and goes dere. By the modern definition, the character switches between the two, and either one can be their default mood (if they're tsun by default they're Type A, if they're dere by default they're Type B).

*The exact terms can vary somewhat. I've heard tsun translated as "aloof" or "cranky" for instance. I choose to use terms that I felt made explaining the concept as simple as possible even if they might not be absolutely 100% accurate.

If you've got any further questions, feel free to ask. I'm actually curious as to what sort of other definitions you may have heard for the term.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 17:10

Making her escape with fellow classmate Kohta Hirano, she is the daughter of an influential Uyoku dantai politician and her family is deeply involved in Japan's politics. A self-proclaimed genius, her knowledge and deductive capabilities have allowed the group to escape from harm many times. She was among the first to conclude that "they" were attracted to only sound. Despite coming from a prestigious family, she despises her parents whom she thought had given up on finding her in this crisis. However, she was able to amend their relationship before leaving the mansion.

Slightly self-conscious, she detests the fact people, due to her status, only call her by her last name and never look her in the eyes when speaking to her. The only exceptions to this are Kohta, who she has a unique friendship with, and Takashi, who is her childhood friend. acts as a mother figure to Alice in this crisis. Although she insists Alice calls her with the suffix "-sama", she has grown very attached to Alice. She does her best to keep intact Alice's innocence and will severely scold anyone who would dare attempt to tarnish it to any degree.

She's also is also a childhood friend of Takashi. She is hinted to have romantic feelings for Takashi but doesn't flirt with him as much as Rei does. However, she does get annoyed whenever Saeko gets close to Takashi. She uses an electric drill, and a Luger P08 pistol (modified from wikipedia).

Introducing Saya Tayagi of Highschool of the Dead.

Saya has a "CSI Miami moment" (GIF)

Saya armed with either an MP28 or a Type 99 SMG
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 21:10

An extremely intense personality, this girl lost all but 5kg of her weight to an a supernatural encounter, and used some rather aggressive negotiating tactics to silence those who learned her secret, often involving the use of staplers and other sharp objects. She did, however, warm up considerably to Koyomi Araragi after he helped her regain her weight. Unlike most tsunderes, she isn’t the slightest bit embarrassed about liking Koyomi or the fact he’s seen her nude – a scenario she engineered. However, she does take a very domineering, occassionally sadistic approach to their relationship. And hey, if using the phrases “The only things I can give you, Araragi-kun, are things like these. This is everything. Well, technically, I also have my insults and verbal assaults.” and “Right now, I’m afraid of losing you” in the same conversation don’t qualify a girl as a tsundere, what does? Here’s Bakemonogatari’s Hitagi Senjougahara.

0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 21:39

Leena Toros, the hot-headed Zoids pilot of the Blitz Team.

In the series "Zoids: New Century Zero", Leena is shown to be a loud and bubbly girl. She is also shown to be very aggressive, and is shown beating up her teammates (Bit in particular). She also tends to protect her food, and has been shown to beat Bit mercilessly if he takes any of her food, even if it is one cookie. Aside from that, she can show somewhat of a softer side, but most of the time she is shown to be aggressive. In battle, she is even more aggressive, and is known to border psychotic. She also shows pride, at times declaring herself to be "The Greatest Zoid Warrior in the World."

A shopaholic, manipulative, selfish girl who in battle doesn't know the word restrain or aiming for that matter. Her Zoid is a custom made Gunsniper that possesses so much weapons its a wonder that it can even stand. In fact, when she obtained her zoid, fellow team member Bit Cloud commented: "Geez, need any nuclear missles while you're at it."

Her signature attack: Wiesel Unit: Total Assault

Her own motivational poster.

Full body pic.

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 21:56

Nice one Jacen. I had forgotten about her, nice
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 23 Aug 2010 - 12:33

Leena was the only reason I watched Zoids, but I did watch it religiously because of her.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum