Tsundere Tournament Nominations

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tsundere Tournament Nominations

Post by Piero on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 19:27

@Kiskaloo wrote:Whatever a tsundere is, to my eyes, Horo isn't. Smile

I'll leave the matter of whether or not Horo is a tsundere up to someone who is more qualified to speak on the matter than me (I've only seen the first few episodes of Spice and Wolf and don't remember them overly well).

I'm kind of hoping you'll at least make an effort to try to understand what a tsundere is before you start voting in this though, particularly considering that your apparent idea of what it means neglects a key part of the concept that is inherent in the very eytomology of the word. A true tsundere must have a dere side as well as a tsun side. The relative balance of the two sides can vary, but the absence of either one means that the character is no longer a true tsundere.

Basically, I don't want to see this contest become another situation where the term "tsundere" is incorrectly used as a substitute for the word "bitch" (although that would legitimise Horo's nomination Razz). A tsunderes dere side is a critically important part of her character and is not somehow inherently less important than her tsun side.

Also, if I sound like a guru right now, let's just someone I know has refered to me as a "tsundere fag" for a reason. Razz

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 13:03

@Five_X wrote:I don't think Horo is extreme enough to be a tsundere. Everyone gets mad at other people some of the time, no matter how much they like them. For a tsundere, it has to be more frequent and more pronounced.

I don't claim to be an expert on Tsunderes, but does a character have to be blatent to extreme to be a Tsundere? Is there a limit on the subtleness? Is is the interplay between the two sides, or is it more of an M&M thing (i.e. hard on the outside, but soft on the inside)? I've seen seen so many different definitions, that I do not claim to be sure. It's probably more ambiguous then "Moe."

Regardless, if no one else thinks Holo is tsundere, then no one will second the character. In the end, though, it is Five_X's tournament.

MadHatChemist

Forum Posts : 441

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 13:25

Tsunderes don't necessarily have to be extreme, it's just that Horo doesn't act particularly tsun toward Lawrence. There was a conversation in the chat recently, and it was agreed that Horo isn't tsundere.

Five_X

Forum Posts : 695

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 14:23

@MadHatChemist wrote:
@Five_X wrote:I don't think Horo is extreme enough to be a tsundere. Everyone gets mad at other people some of the time, no matter how much they like them. For a tsundere, it has to be more frequent and more pronounced.

I don't claim to be an expert on Tsunderes, but does a character have to be blatent to extreme to be a Tsundere? Is there a limit on the subtleness? Is is the interplay between the two sides, or is it more of an M&M thing (i.e. hard on the outside, but soft on the inside)? I've seen seen so many different definitions, that I do not claim to be sure. It's probably more ambiguous then "Moe."

Regardless, if no one else thinks Holo is tsundere, then no one will second the character. In the end, though, it is Five_X's tournament.

I don't know enough about Horo to qualified to make my own judgement on her, but my understanding of the decision reached by those who do was that she basically doesn't qualify because her attitude is practically never hostile. For a character in a relationship to be tsundere, they need to express a "tsun" or "hostile" side to a degree that it's a notable trait. It doesn't need to be the defining one, but it needs to be notable (just as their "dere" or "lovey-dovey" side doesn't need to be their defining trait, but does need to be a notable one).

As for the definition, I'm not sure what all circulates around the internet, but I'm basically only aware of two that I don't consider misuses of the term. Both are based on the character having a "tsun" or "hostile" side and a "dere" or "lovey-dovey" side.* In the classic definition, the character starts off tsun, but melts and goes dere. By the modern definition, the character switches between the two, and either one can be their default mood (if they're tsun by default they're Type A, if they're dere by default they're Type B).

*The exact terms can vary somewhat. I've heard tsun translated as "aloof" or "cranky" for instance. I choose to use terms that I felt made explaining the concept as simple as possible even if they might not be absolutely 100% accurate.

If you've got any further questions, feel free to ask. I'm actually curious as to what sort of other definitions you may have heard for the term.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 17:10

Making her escape with fellow classmate Kohta Hirano, she is the daughter of an influential Uyoku dantai politician and her family is deeply involved in Japan's politics. A self-proclaimed genius, her knowledge and deductive capabilities have allowed the group to escape from harm many times. She was among the first to conclude that "they" were attracted to only sound. Despite coming from a prestigious family, she despises her parents whom she thought had given up on finding her in this crisis. However, she was able to amend their relationship before leaving the mansion.

Slightly self-conscious, she detests the fact people, due to her status, only call her by her last name and never look her in the eyes when speaking to her. The only exceptions to this are Kohta, who she has a unique friendship with, and Takashi, who is her childhood friend. acts as a mother figure to Alice in this crisis. Although she insists Alice calls her with the suffix "-sama", she has grown very attached to Alice. She does her best to keep intact Alice's innocence and will severely scold anyone who would dare attempt to tarnish it to any degree.

She's also is also a childhood friend of Takashi. She is hinted to have romantic feelings for Takashi but doesn't flirt with him as much as Rei does. However, she does get annoyed whenever Saeko gets close to Takashi. She uses an electric drill, and a Luger P08 pistol (modified from wikipedia).

Introducing Saya Tayagi of Highschool of the Dead.

Saya has a "CSI Miami moment" (GIF)

Saya armed with either an MP28 or a Type 99 SMG

SPARTAN 119

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 21:10

An extremely intense personality, this girl lost all but 5kg of her weight to an a supernatural encounter, and used some rather aggressive negotiating tactics to silence those who learned her secret, often involving the use of staplers and other sharp objects. She did, however, warm up considerably to Koyomi Araragi after he helped her regain her weight. Unlike most tsunderes, she isn’t the slightest bit embarrassed about liking Koyomi or the fact he’s seen her nude – a scenario she engineered. However, she does take a very domineering, occassionally sadistic approach to their relationship. And hey, if using the phrases “The only things I can give you, Araragi-kun, are things like these. This is everything. Well, technically, I also have my insults and verbal assaults.” and “Right now, I’m afraid of losing you” in the same conversation don’t qualify a girl as a tsundere, what does? Here’s Bakemonogatari’s Hitagi Senjougahara.

0utf0xZer0

Forum Posts : 265

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 21:39

Leena Toros, the hot-headed Zoids pilot of the Blitz Team.

In the series "Zoids: New Century Zero", Leena is shown to be a loud and bubbly girl. She is also shown to be very aggressive, and is shown beating up her teammates (Bit in particular). She also tends to protect her food, and has been shown to beat Bit mercilessly if he takes any of her food, even if it is one cookie. Aside from that, she can show somewhat of a softer side, but most of the time she is shown to be aggressive. In battle, she is even more aggressive, and is known to border psychotic. She also shows pride, at times declaring herself to be "The Greatest Zoid Warrior in the World."

A shopaholic, manipulative, selfish girl who in battle doesn't know the word restrain or aiming for that matter. Her Zoid is a custom made Gunsniper that possesses so much weapons its a wonder that it can even stand. In fact, when she obtained her zoid, fellow team member Bit Cloud commented: "Geez, need any nuclear missles while you're at it."

Her signature attack: Wiesel Unit: Total Assault

Her own motivational poster.

Full body pic.

Jacen Starslayer

Forum Posts : 525

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 21:56

Nice one Jacen. I had forgotten about her, nice

crazyidiot78

Forum Posts : 1534

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 23 Aug 2010 - 12:33

Leena was the only reason I watched Zoids, but I did watch it religiously because of her.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10901

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Mon 23 Aug 2010 - 13:39

I will say this Zoids had some colorful characters especially the females.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 23 Aug 2010 - 13:59

Thanks for the nominations, everybody!

Hopefully the unfinished nominations of Akane Tendo and Asuka Langley Soryu will get finished, 'cause they're pretty major tsunderes.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 18:12

It seems we have 25 complete nominations. And there are more than enough incomplete ones to reach the target number, 36.

Get to it, everybody!

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 26 Aug 2010 - 2:37

Given the amount of difficulty some people seem to be having with the concept of tsundere, I talked to Five_X and have come up with a definition of the term that is even simpler than the ones used thus far. Unlike previous definitions, this one makes no distinction between the "classic" and "modern" definitions since it is broad enough to encompass both types. Here it is:

"A tsundere is a character with a hostile or "tsun" side and a contrasting lovey-dovey or "dere" side."

There. That's the core of the tsundere character type in one sentence. If a character has that they are a tsundere, if they do not have it they are not a tsundere. In practice there's a lot of variation between different tsunderes due to things like how strong their tsun and dere sides are and how they choose to express them, but they all share that same basic contrast between a tsun and a dere side (either one of which can be the default mood -in fact, it's possible for the tsundere's default mood to change over time).

Also note that I did not include gender in the definition, that is because the term is not gender specific.

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 23:01

Kallen Koziki/ Statfield leads the double life of a Japanese freedom fighter hiding as a Britanian student using the guise of a weak constitution to hide her true nature. She dislikes all Britanians yet comes to care deeply for Zero the mysterious leader of the Black knights who is a Britanian in disguise. She eventually is able to rectify her conflicting views over of the course of their battle for freedom.

Last edited by KodokuRyuu on Fri 10 Sep 2010 - 17:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed spam.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 23:02

She was already nominated.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 3 Oct 2010 - 22:36

Allllllllllllllright, ladies and gentlemen and space aliens! Time to get this show on the rrrrrrrrrrrroad! Here are some FANTASTIC tsunderes for all of you to write nominations for!

Akane Tendo of Ranma 1/2

Asuka
of Evangelion

Kagome of Inuyasha

Kagami of Lucky Star

Shana of Shakugan no Shana

Louise of Zero no Tsukaima

...and many more!

Get making nominations, people, or else you'll find yourself in a Mexican motel bathtub with a kidney missing!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaxy on Sun 3 Oct 2010 - 23:41

Asuka Langley Soryu

Second Child and the pilot of Unit 02. She is of mixed German and Japanese descent, but her nationality is German. Asuka is brash, egotistical, and often verbally abusive (especially to Shinji), and has a very high opinion of her appearance and her considerable skill as an Eva pilot. She also has a fierce desire for independence. Her attitude, however, is a front masking deep-seated insecurities stemming from her traumatic childhood. Asuka is openly infatuated with Ryoji Kaji, but is also attracted to Shinji; however, she cannot properly express her affections, I bring you Asuka Langley Soryu of Evangelion

ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population
favored careers:dictator, international spy, fighter pilot, politician, diplomat, strategist, airline pilot, private detective, mechanical engineer, ambassador, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin
Plaxy

Male

Forum Posts : 83

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Soliel(so-lè)

Comments : I've only killed 4....I killed 10 enemies last month... please doctor don't take me off duty.

Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 3 Oct 2010 - 23:55

Plaxy gains fifty sexy man points! Use them to learn Awesome-Fu or kill Cthulhu!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Mon 4 Oct 2010 - 1:58

A prefect at Flawless girl’s school who uses a kendo stick as her weapon of choice, this girl is initially skeptical of Yuuri Mito’s claim that her school’s campus is home to mischevious Tayutai spirits and accuses him of being a dangerous pervert, even warning his half-sister, one of her fellow students, to stay away from him. This may, of course, have had to do with the fact he is a tried to go after a number of Tayutai that had congregated around her, including under her skirt. However, after being given undeniable proof of their existence, she becomes one of his most powerful allies, rallying the students of her school against the enemy and even adopting a little Tayutai girl who agrees to coexist with humans. She also comes to share Yuuri’s interest in motorcycles. Here’s Tayutama’s Mifuyu Kisaragi:

A picture of Mifuyu being dere.

Some tsunderes show restraint. This tsundere, on the other hand, is totally hardcore. Nicknamed “Zero Louise” for her inability to cast magical spells – they always caused explosions instead of the intended effect – she finally managed to successfully pull off a spell at her familiar summoning ceremony. However, the random guy from Tokyo she summoned is not her idea of a good familiar. Therefore, she decided to live the path of the true tsundere and assert her will as master through a combination of verbal abuse and a horsewhip. After all, he’s both a lowly commoner and her familiar. Despite this, she occasionally shows a great deal of concern for him, because he’s like her dog. Who wouldn’t show concern for their pet? To further cement her status as the ultimate tsundere, she has zettai ryouki and is sensitive about her flat chest. Here’s the ultimate hardcore tsundere, Zero no Tsukiama’s Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière:

Would love to nominate Shana but it's been a long time since I saw season 1, I'm worry I'd get details wrong.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 11 Oct 2010 - 13:10

You know people, we only need another three nominations before we can start this thing (Five-X's count is off by one). Seems to me we just need one last push from a few people and we're set to go. (I'm not planning to provide this last push myself since I've already nominated such a huge chunk of the characters in this tournament.

Also, I'm noticing that there really don't seem to be very many dere-side dominant tsunderes in this tournament, in fact I think I may have nominated the only one that is currently in this tournament at the moment. (Dere side dominant tsunderes are the ones that are generally nice but can be provoked into acting prickly, as opposed to Tsun side dominant tsunderes who tend to default to acting prickly even if they're genuinely nice on the inside. Not to be confused with a yandere, which is a seemingly sweet character who is actually psycho.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaxy on Mon 11 Oct 2010 - 16:04

I think the best Anime to get an Idea of the different types of Tsundere is Ranma, seriously every female at least ones competing for Ranma are tsundere in some form of another. Akane Classic, Shampoo more Deredere but definantly has the Tsun down too. Kuno sister, the black rose. Best yet you may even classify Ranma himself Tsundere towards many of the chars.

ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population
favored careers:dictator, international spy, fighter pilot, politician, diplomat, strategist, airline pilot, private detective, mechanical engineer, ambassador, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin
Plaxy

Male

Forum Posts : 83

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Soliel(so-lè)

Comments : I've only killed 4....I killed 10 enemies last month... please doctor don't take me off duty.

Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 11 Oct 2010 - 18:48

Here's another one (she shows her dere side towards the end of Episode 02):

Half-human and half-kitsune, she doesn't like humans in general and Westernization in particular, but there are always exceptions to be made, especially in the case of a handsome Army Lieutenant. Here's the title character of Otome Yōkai Zakuro:

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Tue 12 Oct 2010 - 23:15

Thanks, Kisk!

And yes, we need more Type-A tsunderes! Bring on the angerrrrrrr!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 22 Apr 2011 - 2:26

Someone requested that I do up a nomination for this character:

A student learning to use the Infinite Stratos system at IS academy. As a child she had a crush on a boy named Ichika who intervened when she was bullied for being a tomboy (though at the time she declared him an idiot for his actions). Unfortunately her mad scientist elder sister’s involvement in IS development meant that she was forced to go into hiding and the two of them did not see each other for six years until Ichika’s status as the only guy in the world capable of operating an IS led to him becoming enrolled as the IS academy’s one and only male student. Her attitude upon being reunited with Ichika was initially quite standoffish and she was very upset to learn that he’d been assigned as her roommate, however she quickly had a change of heart after realizing how much potential competition she was facing. She practices kendo and is prone to trying to clobber people who tick her off with a kendo stick. Here’s Houki Shinonono from Infinite Stratos.

Houki and Ichika.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sat 23 Apr 2011 - 14:54

Hope it's not too late to nominate.
From Strike Withes: A wealthy and proper fifteen year old Gallian girl who looks down on some of the less-refined habits of her peers. The emotional scars left by the Neuroi's conquest of her homeland cause her numerous problems. She often refuses to work as part of a team, and develops a dislike for the upstart newcomer Yoshika due to her attachment to Mio, which eventually develops into full-blown jealousy, even leading her to challenge Yoshika to a duel (as seen in episode 9). Perrine-H. Clostermann.

Eighteen year old Witch from Karlsland; a Flight Lieutenant formerly of the Luftwaffe JG 52. Quiet, efficient, and private, Gertrud (known as "Trude" to her friends) tends to support her comrades from the shadows. Her naturally calm attitude grants her great battlefield stamina, allowing her to rack up an impressive shot-down tally. A long-time acquaintance of Minna and Erica, she is often seen supporting the former in her leadership tasks and chastising the latter for her sloppiness. She has a younger sister named Chris who was badly injured during the invasion of her country and vaguely resembles Yoshika, and she often has a complete change in personality whenever she is brought up. Her magical power grants her the most physical strength of all the Witches to the extent where she can lift a steel girder many times her size. Gertrud Barkhorn.

From Maria Holic: Honoka is a fan of Ryūken Ishima. She is a second-year high school student at Ame no Kisaki. She hates Kanako because she was Ishima's roommate. Honoka and her friends (who are Ishima's fans too) had terrorized roommates of Ryūken earlier, which is why nobody wanted to live with her. Honoka has envied Kanako and terrorized her too, such as placing seafood in Kanako's desk or in her pencil case. Honoka Tsutsui.

From Rosario + Vampire: Kokoa Shuzen is the younger half-sister of Moka Akashiya. Bearing a similar appearance to Moka with her green eyes, except for her orange hair and her "uncool" vampire attitude, she arrives as a first-year student at Yokai Academy during the second serialization and anime adaptation. Like her sister, Kokoa is also a vampire, but her powers are not sealed and does not carry the same level of supernatural strength that Moka possesses. To compensate for it, she has a pet bat named Kou that can transform into a variety of weapons and wields it with enough strength to make herself formidable.
Kokoa despises Moka for sealing away her inner personality, whom she adores and loves. Before Moka left to study at the academy and prior to her receiving the rosario, the sisters often clashed with one another, although Kokoa could never defeat Moka in a duel. She constantly attacks Moka, in hopes of drawing out the "Inner Moka", and feels angry that Tsukune has the ability to unlock Moka's true nature and begrudgingly accepts the presence of her sealed sister. Unlike Moka, Kokoa harbors a deep-seated fear of their older sister Kalua Shuzen. Known as the kindest amongst their family, Kalua continuously babies Kokoa and has a "smile of an angel", something Kokoa is frightened of. Also, in the final episode of Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Kokoa has started to have feelings for Tsukune when he was getting beaten up by her father and gradually accepts him as a friend. In the manga, it appears that she is starting to be attracted to him, as she is shown to have similar reactions with the other girls when Tsukune starts training with Ruby and when he beats up the Yakuza that kidnapped Moka and Sun and saves them. As a parallel to her sisters, Kokoa's name may be an intended pun on the word "cocoa". Kokoa Shuzen.

Last edited by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 11:53; edited 1 time in total
Kokoa

Female

Forum Posts : 50

Fan of : Angelica and Elsa

Original Characters : Lia

Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 23 Apr 2011 - 17:29

Woah, thanks! I didn't expect people to actually put up more nominations, but here we have a bunch. I think the tournament can start pretty soon now, actually.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 12:58

How many more nominations do we need?

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 14:09

I think two more, to get to 36. Or six more to get to 40, which divides better.

Three notable tsunderes that haven't been nominated yet:

Akane Tendo of Ranma 1/2

Kagome of Inuyasha

Kagami of Lucky Star

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 14:28

I don't really know some of those characters but I'll look em' up and nominate those three and some more. I'll do it as fast as possible.

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 15:12

From Ranma 1/2: Akane Tendo is the second main character of the series. She is chosen by her family to be engaged to Ranma to carry on the Tendo family dojo, an arrangement neither of them is happy with, though, as the series progresses they slowly fall in love with each other. She is a capable martial artist and quite popular with the boys, though she would prefer a little less attention. Akane Tendo.

From Inuyasha: Kagome Higurashi, the female protagonist of the series and the narrator of the show itself, aged fifteen as a middle school student and is born in modern Japan being the reincarnation of the deceased priestess Kikyo. Kagome has the Sacred Shikon Jewel unknowingly hidden inside her body until her 15th birthday on May 14th, 1997, when a demon pulls her into the Bone Eater's Well and five hundred years back through time. They emerge in the Feudal Era about fifty years after Kikyo's death, where the demon extracts the jewel from Kagome. When another demon seizes the Sacred Jewel, Kagome shoots it with a longbow and arrow. While trying to protect the Sacred Shikon no Tama using a longbow and arrow, she accidentally shatters it into numerous fragments that disperse throughout Japan. She agrees to help find them, as she can sense the presence of nearby shards. As the series progresses, she begins to fall in love with Inuyasha, and finds herself competing with the revived Kikyo for his affections. During the search for the Shikon Jewel, Kagome's own innate spiritual powers and abilities, and archery skills continue to improve, and has unlocked her true powers and full potential after Marchioness killed Magatsuhi, the evil spirit within the Shikon na Tama that was sealing her spiritual powers. Kagome is named after the light that the Shikon no Tama produced at her birth. Kagome literally means caged bird. At the end of the Final Act, she marries InuYasha, becoming Sesshomaru's sister-in-law.

From Lucky Star: Kagami is the older fraternal twin sister of Tsukasa Hiiragi. In school, her grades are excellent, as she studies very hard, and she was elected class president in her first year. She is in a different class than Konata Izumi and Tsukasa, but she frequently comes to their class during lunch time to eat with them. Additionally, Kagami chose the humanities stream in her second year, so that she could be with her friends, but she was the only one separated into a different classroom; the same occurred in her third year. Kagami, occasionally referred to as "Kagamin" by Konata, is a bit egotistical, and not as good a cook as Tsukasa. Konata loves to irritate her, and their arguments act as one of the main factors of comic relief throughout the series. Kagami is usually annoyed by Konata's constant references to her otaku interests, but usually has an idea on what she is saying.

From Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei: A student who demands all things in her life to be precise, equal and conforming. This is most notable in her hair style, which is parted perfectly down the center. She often tries to set things straight and is usually extremely cruel and violent in her ways. She is also very knowledgeable in areas that revolve around violent international historical events. She can hide numerous razors and knives within her bra, but her favorite weapon of choice is a spade; the kanji of her first name can be joined together to form the first character of 'umeru' ("bury"). Despite being the most combative against Nozomu and his antics as well as usually being the most level headed of the class, she often demands him to marry her after they accidentally took a nap together in the same bed. Although she is not the class representative, she is often called so because of her exacting behavior. Her name derives from the Japanese word kitchiri ("precisely"). She occasionally displays psychic abilities via a third eye; her name contains two of the kanji in the word senrigan ("clairvoyance"). Through Japanese mimetics, the term chiri can be taken to describe an item that is curly or fuzzy, which can reference Chiri's natural hair style which is curly rather than straight. She seems to know Harumi since childhood, and is sometimes seen around town with her. She is revealed to have an older sister named Tane Kitsu . In the manga she is also the tea ceremony club president. Chiri Kitsu.

Last edited by Kokoa on Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 18:06; edited 1 time in total

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 15:24

From Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei: A returnee to Japan suffering from dissociative identity disorder. One is an ultimately Japanese woman named Kaede, a very gentle personality well-versed in Japanese culture. The other is a foreigner named Kaere who is disgusted by Japanese culture and touts the bizarre ways of the country she is supposedly from, though what country is never explained. Kaere is easily offended and constantly threatens to sue everyone. She likes to pretend to be good at speaking English, but her English actually sounds horrifyingly bad, although this had to be pointed out by a foreigner for anyone to notice. She unfortunately adopts the latter personality more often. Her given name derives from Japanese kaere, the imperative form of the verb kaeru ("return", "to go back"), and also from Kaela Kimura, a Japanese idol. She provides many panty shots, often with strange images on her panties. It is interesting to note that she possessed a third personality, a balance between the two, until she came 2-He, where her interactions with the other students triggered a psychotic breakdown. A running gag is that she possesses a horrible singing voice. Kaede/Kaere Kimura.

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 16:16

You're sure all of those are tsunderes? Remember, this is a tsundere tournament and not a yandere/kuudere tournament, so it has to be pretty exact.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 16:20

What is kuudere? But yeah, I'm pretty sure, I've watched the entire Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei anime and I'm sure they're tsundere.

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 17:29

Mio seems kind of questionable to me -if you're looking for a tsundere from K-On I think Azusa would be a much better choice.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 18:40

I don't know who Azusa is yet, I've only read vol 1 and watched a like 6 episodes, but Mio seems like one to me.......

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 19:01

I have a hard time justifying Mio as being classified as a Tsundere. Her primary base-line personality is is her shy, quiet side. The only time her "tsun side" rears up is when she's chastising Ritsu and while that might happen rather frequently, the fact remains that, for her to be a true Tsundere, she needs to be consitently hostile and agresive towards other characters, and she isn't.
ChaosKin640

Male

Forum Posts : 417

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire & Alessandro

Original Characters : Jacob, Sophia, Melanie, Costante, Nina, Enzo and Lucretia

Registration date : 2010-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 19:05

Eh? Really? Should I have used Yomi(Azumanga Daioh) instead, then? Or is she not tsundere either...?

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 19:08

No idea. I haven't wated Azumanga Daioh.
ChaosKin640

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 19:10

then should I just take Mio off or somthing?

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 21:08

That would probably be best.
ChaosKin640

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 21:11

@ChaosKin640 wrote:Her primary base-line...

Heheh. Base-line.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 21:12

LOL, I didn't even notice that one. Nice catch there, Five_X.
ChaosKin640

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 16 May 2011 - 1:33

Well slap my ass and call me Joseph, it looks like this tournament is about to start! I'll make the thread as soon as the randomization's done.

List of combatants:

1. Kaname Chidori - Full Metal Panic!
2. Mai Tokiha - Mai-HiME
3. Natsuki Kuga - Mai-HiME
4. Aisaka Taiga - ToraDora!
5. Yomi Isoyama and Noriyuki Izuma - Ga-Rei -Zero-
6. Rin Tohsaka - Fate/Stay Night
7. Kallen Kozuki - Code Geass
8. Vita - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
9. Sakura Haruno - Naruto
10. Eri Sawachika - School Rumble
11. Alto Saotome - Macross Frontier
12.Tsugumi Komachi - Ever17
13. Naru Narusegawa - Love Hina
14. Motoko Aoyama - Love Hina
15. Akiha Tohno - Tsukihime
16. Kanako Sumiyoshi - Nyan Koi!
17. Fuko Kirisawa - Flame of Recca
18. Maho Minami - BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad
19. Mikoto Misaka - Index series
20. Maya Kumashiro - Occult Academy
21. Minami Kinjou - Asobi ni iku yo!
22. Ryoko Okami - Okami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi
23. Yamada - B Gata H Kei
24. Saya Tayagi - Highschool of the Dead
25. Hitagi Senjougahara - Bakemonogatari
26. Leena Toros - Zoids
27. Asuka Langley Soryu - Neon Genesis Evangelion
28. Mifuyu Kisaragi - Tatuyama
29. Louise - Zero no Tsukiama
30. Zakuro - Otome Yōkai Zakuro
31. Houki Shinonono - Infinite Stratos
32. Perrine-H. Clostermann - Strike Witches
33. Gertrud Barkhorn - Strike Witches
34. Honoka Tsutsui - Maria-Holic
35. Kokoa Shuzen - Rosario + Vampire
36. Akane Tendo - Ranma 1/2
37. Kagome Higurashi - Inuyasha
38. Kagami Hiiragi - Lucky Star
39. Kaede/Kaere Kimura - Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei
40. Victorique de Blois - Gosick

Uwaaaaahh!? 39? Am I missing one? If so, tell me which! If not, add one!

Last edited by Five_X on Tue 17 May 2011 - 1:24; edited 1 time in total

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 17 May 2011 - 1:22

An enigmatic girl with an almost doll-like appearance and brilliant intellect. Since she is a nobleman’s illegitimate daughter, she has spent most of her life cut off from regular society. She is currently enrolled as a student at Saint Marguerite Academy. Since she may not leave campus without permission she spends most of her time reading in the campus library. It is here that she is discovered by a Japanese exchange student named Kazuya Kujo. Having grown up in an isolated environment she has a blunt personality and poor people skills. She tends to treat Kazuya like her servant despite the fact that he is one of her few links to the outside world and often brings her sweets and mysteries to solve (she particularly likes mysteries since they help relieve her intense boredom). She eventually becomes quite attached to Kazuya despite frequently expressing a low opinion of his intelligence. Here’s the goth-loli tsundere version of Sherlock Holmes, Victorique de Blois of Gosick.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Tue 17 May 2011 - 1:25

Thanks, Piero!!

So, with that, nominations are over! I am sure you all await the Tournament with bated breath!!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Tue 17 May 2011 - 10:52

@Kokoa wrote:What is kuudere?

Two words: Yuki Nagato.

OK, seriously, kuudere refers to sort of shy, quiet characters, Nagato being a good example.
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: