Anime/ Manga Teams and Organizations Tourney Nominations

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime/ Manga Teams and Organizations Tourney Nominations

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 19:24

I'll second Hellsing and the Black Knights.

What exactly is the focus here? Is it what group would win in a fight? Or which one is the coolest?

Tokkei First Brigade from DOLLS
Their job is to hunt down and execute criminals, and they are the best out of 47 brigades. While kind and caring people off duty, these three become ruthless killers when preforming their job. (Sorry for the short description - it's been ages since I've read this series. I'll expand it later.)

Alt pic.

Kira investigation team from Death Note
A specialized force created to find Kira. It is comprised of the top police investigators and L - the world's brightest detective. They risk their lives in the name of justice in order to take down the greatest criminal the world has ever known.

(Why isn't there a pic of this group on the net? :sigh: I'll compile one later or see if I can pull one from the anime.)

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Forum Posts : 1237

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 19:44

Ggultra2764 wrote:I can't take the Dirty Pair since a group needs to consist of at least three members for this tourney

Mughi, from a race of cat-like intellegent aliens, is also part of the "Lovely Angels" team. Would he count for the third?

MadHatChemist

Forum Posts : 441

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 20:09

Still Need Picture or Description To Nominate:
2. Army of the Southern Cross (Macross)- need longer description
3. Gunsmith Cats (Gunsmith Cats)- Describe what the team does.

Army of the Southern Cross -- The army of the planet Glorie, the second and most recently terraformed planet, which is in an elliptical orbit around the Epsilon Eridani system. Jeanne Fránçaix is leader of the 15th Squad in the Southern Cross' Alpha Tactics Armored Corps which utilizes variable mecha. Her team often lead some of the most dangerous mission against the Zor, an alien race where they are all triplet that act like a single person, who are trying to return back to their own planet which the humans have colonized.

Gunsmith Cats -- Though ostensibly running a gunshop, the Gunsmith Cats are bounty hunters who not only take on bail jumpers, but bombers, assassins, psychos, the mafia, and corrupt polititions from the lesbian mafia dominatrix Goldy to psychopath Grey -- though the bounty hunting is considered a fun "hobby."

Rally & Bean Bandit

Rally & Minnie May

MadHatChemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 20:29

While not an organization per se, the HiME from Mai-HiME are a group of specially chosen girls that have to work together to stop the Orphans and the antagonists behind them from destroying the world. While they don't always get along very well, they do generally fight for the same cause. They all have a Child, which is their supernatural companion, as well as a unique magical power or weapon. The three main members are in the picture below, from left to right: Mikoto, Mai, and Natsuki.

Five_X

Forum Posts : 695

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 21:05

@MadHatChemist: Forgot all about Mughi. He often assists Yuri and Kei on missions, so yes he counts. I'll allow the Lovely Angels for the tourney.

@Kodoku: It's a tourney where you judge which group/ organization shows the best chemistry, teamwork and organization with whatever they're doing in their series.

@Five_X: I'll accept them as HIME Rangers for the tourney since they were together briefly to deal with Alyssa's takeover of Fuuka Academy.

Last edited by Ggultra2764 on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 21:44; edited 1 time in total

Ggultra2764

Forum Posts : 590

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 21:41

I'll toss in some more teams for folks to decide on:

A group of mercenaries formed and led by the charismatic Griffith, the Band of the Hawk from Berserk raked in victory after victory for the kingdom of Midland thanks to the strategies organized by Griffith and the skills and ferocity of their warriors such as second-in-command Caska, the heavy sword wielding Guts, knife-throwing Judeau and the warhammer-wielding large man Pippin.

This rock band formed by talented guitarist Ryusuke worked on polishing and improving their musical and singing skills as they struggled to land a big opportunity in the music industry while dealing with crooked record label executive, Leon Sykes. Here's the titular band of their series, Beck.

The troublesome trio of Jesse, James and Meowth have always born a thorn in the sides of Ash and his friends throughout Pokemon's 10+ year run as they try snatching Pokemon away from trainers to offer to their boss, Giovanni, in the organization's plans for world domination. Here's Team Rocket.

This school club consists of six of the school's most attractive boys and a cross-dressing girl in the guise of a male member. Taking on a number of shoujo manga archetypes for their services, the members of this club cater to their mostly female customers by organizing the music room that serves as their clubroom into elaborate themes each day they are open. Here's the titular club of their series, the Ouran High School Host Club.

Ggultra2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 0:49

I second Beck. Also, I think the Afternoon Tea Club from K-On! counts.

Five_X

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 13:50

Uh, guys, I happen to like both sets of characters, but I kind of have to question the inclusion of the HiME and the three sisters from AMG. Midori's HiME-sentai are kind of a joke (although I guess they did work together on one important incident after their formation, and there is the aforementioned Searrs incident that led to their formation). Mostly, the HiME are a group of individuals, some of who work with each other, but rarely in anything more than small groups. As for Urd, Belldandy, and Skuld, those three aren't even really a formal team or organisation. They do work for the same overarching organisation, but mostly they're just three sisters who happen to be quite close.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 14:47

Well, Piero, you have to also remember that I mainly nominated Mikoto, Mai and Natsuki out of all the HiME. Midori mainly gave them a name and alcohol.

Five_X

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 14:56

These young girl are gifted with magical powers and an allergy to pants. They fight the mysterious Neuroi aliens in their Striker Unit propeller legs, and grow animal ears and tails when doing so. When they are not out fighting aliens with massive guns, they are busy giving out fanservice to the viewers and exuding lesbian undertones. They are... The Strike Witches!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Wed 19 May 2010 - 1:28

Considering I'm deep in boredom at the moment, let's see if I can spice up interest enough to get this tournament going again by making some nominations.

This pack of four wolves who take on the guise of humans to blend with human society are accompanied by the Flower Maiden Cheza in search of the gateway to Paradise while evading the noble Darcia. From Wolf's Rain, here's Kiba's Wolf Pack.

Formed by the reckless and headstrong Kamina, this group of humans band together to reclaim the Earth and save it against the Beastmen and the Anti-Spirals with their act first, ask questions later rational of thought by piloting and stealing giant robots. Here's Gurren Lagann's Team Dai-Gurren.

This military research organization is given the task of researching and neutralizing the Mulian alien threat to Earth by analyzing phenomena brought on by the Mulians and defeating enemy Dolems using military forces and the mecha known as RahXephon. Here's RahXephon's TERRA.

This college club focused around the exploration of anime and manga turns out to be a club of otaku who pander to their own self-interests as a group of friends which presses the buttons of Saki Kasukabe whose boyfriend just happens to be a video game otaku involved with this club. Here's Genshiken's Society for the Study of the Modern Visual Culture.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 19 May 2010 - 1:44

I'll second Genshiken. Have at least one nomination I could make, but it's unlikely to be tonight.

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Wed 19 May 2010 - 3:55

I'll second Wolf's Rain and Gurren Lagann.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Wed 19 May 2010 - 20:38

I'll second the Strike Witches
MadHatChemist

Male

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 19 May 2010 - 23:30

I might be able to do something up for the Bebop crew from Cowboy Bebop. Aside from them, I could nominate Mobile Section Six from Nanoha Strikers (and practically guarantee a second), but I'm not sure about that after the amount of shit I got the last time I nominated characters from that franchise for a tournament. There's also the group from Senkou No Night Raid, but I could use a few more episodes of that to make up my mind on them and the fansubs for that series seem to be taking their sweet time coming (I want my action fix for this season, damnit -do all the fansub groups need to be concentrating on comedies?).

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Thu 20 May 2010 - 16:32

I'll do Bebop if you can't Piero and I plan on doing a nomination for Huang's team from Darker than Black if I can find the time...

Jet: "Betrayal may come easily to women, but men live by iron codes of honor."
Faye: "You really believe that?"
Jet: "I'm trying to. Real hard."
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 27 May 2010 - 1:51

If you want to do the Bebop nomination I'd appreciate it, although it sounds like you don't exactly have loads of extra time either. I honestly ought to be able to manage it if you're busy.

Also decided that for now I'm not going to nominate Mobile Section Six. I don't feel like dealing with all the crap I got for nominating characters from that franchise for the last tournament. I had been considering doing up something explaining why in fact I think an otaku-pandering moe fest like Nanoha is actually an awesome franchise, but so far I haven't been able to convince myself to actually put in the effort that would require. (Which is a shame, since "This is your magical girl show on Gundam" is a great topic title. Laughing )

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 23:44

Here I go again with kickstarting this tourney with more nominees:

The men and women aboard this spaceship believed each other to be alien beings as both their home planets are at war with one another. With the crew consisting mostly of women pirates, the three men aboard are taken prisoner yet both sides find themselves having to cooperate with one another as a space phenomena drifts them far away from their home worlds and a race of Harvester aliens are trying to destroy their ship. Here's Vandread's Nirvana Crew.

This branch of the secret international organization known as Solomon consist of human and "seed" hunters who hunt and capture witches who make fatal use of their powers for their personal gain and to keep the existence of witches secret from the public. They welcome in a new young craft user named Robin Sena who can manipulate fire and later find themselves caught in the middle of a conspiracy involving one of their superiors and the witches that they have captured. Here's Witch Hunter Robin's STN-J.

Led by Balalaika, this crime syndicate is a branch of the Russian mafia who have plenty of influence with crime activities in Ronapour. Consisting of former Soviet-Afghan war soldiers within Balalaika's squad, the group makes use of their military experience to mercilessly overpower any rival syndicates that get in the way of expanding their influence or to settle any chaos that strikes Ronapour as a result of outsider influence, as Roberta and the twin sibling assassins Hansel and Gretel found out. Here's Black Lagoon's Hotel Moscow.

On the surface, this group portray themselves as lifting (air surfing) idols who gain their influence through the underground lift-culture magazine known as ray-out, encouraging Renton Thurston to join them. In reality though, they are an anti-government team consisting of ex-military special operations troops who are opposed to the government's handling of specific situations involving Gekkostate member Eureka and the mysterious beings known as Scab Coral. Here's Eureka Seven's Gekkostate.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 0:24

Its not perfect but its the best picture I could find showing most of the major players in terminal from Gundam Seed
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 23:53

Adding on another team...

Led by Il Palazzo, this organization was created for Il Palazzo's plans to take over the world starting off with conquering one city. Unfortunately, his underlings Hyatt and Excel are incompetent enough where world conquest is an impossible goal with Excel around. Here's Excel Saga's ACROSS.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 0:38

how bought the wagnaria staff of working! lols.

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 0:51

tsundere9kagami2 wrote:how bought the wagnaria staff of working! lols.

Give me a bit of time and I could probably do a write up for them.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 16:08

Hokkaido’s most dysfunctional restaurant staff.

Sota Takanashi: A high school student who likes small and cute things because he has three older sisters that are bigger than he is and make his life hell. Has been accused of being a lolicon, but claims to be a “minicon” (a person who likes small things) instead.
Popura Taneshima: The girl who convinced him to work at the restaurant –she’s a year older than him but is frequently mistaken for someone in elementary or middle school because of her height, which also causes her problems trying to do her job.
Inami Mahiru: A waitress whose overprotective dad spent ten years deliberately making her terrified of guys. She has a strong urge to hit any guy she encounters, though she finds she can often resist hitting other guys in the restaurant if she goes and hits Sota instead. She eventually develops a crush on Sota.
Yachiyo Todoroki: A waitress who carries a katana around pretty much all the time.
She’s generally nice, but can get scary where issues with her boss (whom she would seem to have either a lesbian crush or a case of single target sexuality towards) are concerned.
Jun Satou: A cook who likes Yachiyo but can’t bring himself to tell her that. She considers him a friend, so she spends a lot of time telling him how much she likes her boss. He’s a bit of a deadpan snarker and probably the most normal guy in the restaurant. Also likes to tease Popura about her height.
Hiiromi Souma: A cook who seems to get out of a lot of work by blackmailing his co-workers. Sometimes it seems like he’s doing this unintentionally. However it’s
also worth noting that he seems somewhat prone to mischief. He has an extreme weakness where Yamada is concerned though.
Aoi Yamada: A bratty girl who the restaurant’s owner found while on a trip searching for his missing wife. She claims to be an amnesiac but is probably a runaway instead. She managed to convince people to give her a job at the restaurant and live in the attic. Also has a tendency to break things.
Kyouko Shirafuji: A former delinquent who acts as the restaurant’s manager. She generally does nothing but eat the restaurant’s food and occasionally give orders, although sometimes she seems to make suspicious calls to unknown parties about getting more customers or dealing with problematic ones who have just left. She rescued Yachiyo from some bullies when she was younger, thus explaining Yachiyo's crush on her.

Here’s the Wagnaria Staff from Working!!

Just take a guess as to who's who. Smile

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 20:56

The crew of this space battleship created by Nergal Heavy Industries were brought together to protect the Earth against alien invaders called the Jovian Lizards. Led by the ditzy captain Yurika Misumaru, the crew of this ship are all experts in their particular fields of position aboard the ship. Unfortunately, many aboard suffer from some form of personality disorder and cook/ mecha pilot Akito Tenkawa finds himself on the receiving end of enduring an unwanted harem of girls interested in him as the series progresses. Here's the titular team of Martian Successor Nadesico, Nadesico Crew.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:51

Since we need ten seconds in order to make this thing a go, I thought I'd second Hotel Moscow. They're not exactly my favorite organisation but they are pretty badass.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 1:06

Oh right, seconds. I'll second Vandread, Working!!, and Nadesico.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 1:24

I'll second Macross F's SMS.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 1:43

That brings the number of teams I need still need seconded down to five. After that, I can finally get this tournament started up. Folks are free to continue nominating teams they'd like to see for the tourney so long as no more than two teams from the same anime franchise have been seconded.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 10:27

I second the wagnaria staff.
all hail wagnaria!

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 10:46

tsundere9kagami2 wrote:I second the wagnaria staff.
all hail wagnaria!

Wagnaria Staff's already been seconded. Here's the list of teams that have been nominated and still awaiting votes for seconding:

1. Slayers Team (Slayers)
2. Tokkei First Brigade (DOLLS)
3. Lovely Angels (Dirty Pair TV)
4. Army of Southern Cross (Macross)
5. Gunsmith Cats (Gunsmith Cats)
6. HIME Rangers (Mai-Hime)
7. Band of the Hawk (Berserk)
8. Team Rocket (Pokemon)
9. Ouran Host Club (Ouran High School Host Club)
10. TERRA (RahXephon)
11. STN-J (Witch Hunter Robin)
12. Gekkostate (Eureka Seven)
13. Terminal (Gundam SEED Destiny)
14. ACROSS (Excel Saga)

Last edited by Ggultra2764 on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 14:49; edited 1 time in total

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 10:56

Second the Lovely Angels.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 11:14

Still need four more teams seconded.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 14:13

I secondify ACROSS.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 14:49

Just three more teams I need seconded now.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 17:16

This is technically new rather than a second, but I figured it I nominated it it might get a quick seconding:

Originally consisting of down on their luck bounty hunters Spike Spiegel (an ex mafioso) and Jet Black (an ex-cop), this group eventually grew to include chronic gambling addict and con artist Faye Valentine, hyperactive hacker girl Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV (better known as “Radical Edward” or “Ed”), and Ein, an extremely intelligent Corgi. They’re actually pretty good at their jobs considering how close they always seem to be to being broke. Thankfully they’re better at saving the day then they are at making and keeping money. Here’s the Bebop Crew from Cowboy Bebop.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 17:18

Seconded.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 17:32

Okay. Just need two more teams seconded now.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 18:36

I don't think anyone else is familiar with DOLLS, so you may as well pull it from the nominations - I don't really remember it well enough to write a proper nomination for it. Guess I forgot to post a group shot for the Kira Investigation Team, so I'll just renominate it:

Kira Investigation Team from Death Note
A specialized force created to find Kira. It is comprised of the top police investigators and L - the world's brightest detective. They risk their lives in the name of justice in order to take down the greatest criminal the world has ever known. They manage to complete their task despite leaders of the team being murdered and being infiltrated by Kira himself for years.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 19:31

Now that I have a description for them, I can put the Kira Investigation Squad back onto the list of nominees.

Still need two more teams to be seconded.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 0:47

Formed by high school student Mikado Ryugamine to create a life that wasn't ordinary, this online group takes advantage of their anonymity brought to them by the Internet to perform good deeds from small tasks such as cleaning up graffiti from buildings to large scale such as coordinating the rescue of a innocent student from gang members. Among the group's members include Dullahan biker Celty Sturluson, short-fused and superhumanly strong bartender Shizuo Heiwajima and a group of former gang members that include a pair of otaku. Introducing, The Dollars from Durarara.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 0:55

The fact that the otaku guys in it seem to steal promotional cutouts of anime characters (including Horo from Spice and Wolf) alone qualifies the Dollars for a seconding. Seconded.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 0:57

Okay. Just need one more team seconded and this tourney's all set to go.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 1:04

Considering I've been waiting long enough to get this thing going, I'm just gonna second a team. Considering there's enough talk about the team (especially from Lina Inverse fans), I'm seconding the Slayers team. The roster for the tourney is now complete. I'll post match-ups at some point tomorrow if I'm not swamped with anything else to deal with.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 23:00

.Uh, guys, I happen to like both sets of characters, but I kind of have to question the inclusion of the HiME and the three sisters from AMG. Midori's HiME-sentai are kind of a joke (although I guess they did work together on one important incident after their formation, and there is the aforementioned Searrs incident that led to their formation). Mostly, the HiME are a group of individuals, some of who work with each other, but rarely in anything more than small groups. As for Urd, Belldandy, and Skuld, those three aren't even really a formal team or organisation. They do work for the same overarching organisation, but mostly they're just three sisters who happen to be quite close.

Last edited by KodokuRyuu on Fri 10 Sep 2010 - 17:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed spam.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum