Cyborg Pop Culture and Interests Questionnaire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cyborg Pop Culture and Interests Questionnaire

Post by MP5 on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 1:19

These questions have been developed by Doctor Bianchi to find out just how much the cyborgs are aware of the outside world, and to evaluate their ability to fit in with 'normal' children and teens.
Among the first cyborgs picked for this questionnaire is none other than Allison, one of the newer Generation II cyborgs.

1. What do you like to do in your free time?

Lots of things! I like to work on my cars, build scale models, practice on my electric guitar, drive round the track, hang out with Kara, Claes, Adeline, Laine, and Petra... stuff like that. This question is a little general, so I don't want to keep talking, otherwise I'll never get the other questions answered!

2. Any favorite sports teams?

I hate to not fall in with the rest of my friends, but when it comes to football, I'm a Manchester U. girl all the way, no exceptions.

I have been to America, though, and I did get a chance to see their idea of 'football' (or as I like to call it, Handegg). If only because they were the first team I ever saw in action, I would say I am a New York Giants fan.

Now when it comes to Formula One, I bet against the home team, too. unlike Kara and her handler Mr. Pagani, I am a McLaren fan. However, I am also a serious fan of D1GP drift racing, WRC, and Rally X. In D1GP, I would be cheering for Keiichi Tsuchiya, but since he is only involved as a judge, I am more a fan of Yasayuki Kazama, who I first saw on Top Gear teaching Richard Hammond how to drift in a Monaro. WRC, I'm a Team Subaru fan (Kara is more of a Mitsubishi fan), and in Rally X, Ken Block is my idol. (especially after watching his Gymkhana videos.)

3. What do you like to watch on TV?

There's only one bloody show worth watching, and that would be Top Gear. Kara and I watch it religiously, and we almost never miss an episode of the shenanigans of Jeremy Clarkson, “Captain Slow,” and “The Hamster.”

Ok, maybe that's not the entire truth. Sometimes, I'll sit through an episode of 'Doctor Who', if only to see David Tennant.

4. Do you have any favorite movies?

Oh man, where do I start? Let's see... The Cannonball Run, A Better Tomorrow I and II, Hard Boiled, Gone in 60 Seconds,, Aliens, The Matrix Trilogy, Star Wars Episode IV-VI, The Fast and the Furious series (unrealistic as they are, I still like them), Live Free or Die Hard... and that's just in terms of what I've seen on DVD and Blu-Ray. Recently, I managed to catch The Hurt Locker, District 9, hell, even Avatar, but that last one is Oscar bait simply for its special effects.

5. What kind of music do you like? Any particular artists?

I listen to a little bit of everything. Rock, pop, Techno, Hip-hop, Metal, and older music from those genres. Lately though, I've been listening to J-pop and J-rock, even if they've only been featured in the anime I watch.

For Techno/Electronica, My favorite groups are Daft Punk, Justice, and The Prodigy. Respectively, my favorite songs by them are Harder Better Faster Stronger, Waters of Nazareth, and Invaders Must Die. Of course, I always make sure to listen to Kernkraft 400's Zombie Nation every once in a while.

For Pop music, I've been listening to Lady Gaga as of late, but I also like Katy Perry, and more recently, I kind of dig Ke$ha, even though she just seems to be copying off of Lady Gaga's style.

Rock music and its subgenres; now here's where things get good. I've listened to countless rock groups and artists: The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Clash, Stiff Little Fingers, The Ramones, and a whole lot of others. However, when the road's clear, I have plenty of petrol, and an itch to scratch, I like to tear down the Autostrada with Deep Purple's Highway Star or Motley Crüe's Kickstart My Heart blaring full-blast. Those are the two best pieces of driving music, in my personal opinion. When I listen to metal, I usually listen to the same stuff that Adeline does.

Hip-hop and Rap; this genre, I don't listen to as much, but I do like old-school hip-hop by Run-D.M.C and Afrika Bambaataa, as well as more recent stuff by Mos Def. Also, a guilty pleasure of mine is pretty much anything by Rick Ross. He's the only “Gangsta Rap” I'll ever listen to.

Oh, and I'll only ever listen to Johnny Cash if someone wants me to listen to country music.

6. Let's start getting specific. What is your most favorite hobby and why?

My most favorite hobby is probably tuning cars. I consider myself very hands-on when it comes to approaching automobiles, and I love whiling away the hours making adjustments to parts of my cars, partly for business, partly for pleasure. I often do my best to get things right when I tune my cars, and when I get things perfect, I'm always gratified when I put my foot down and hundreds of horsepowers are surging through the entire vehicle, making it go faster and stronger than it once was. I take pride in taking something that's already pretty good to begin with and then make it better. I do this with complete pride and attention to detail; It could mean the difference between getting out of a situation alive or meeting my end. Therefore, my hobby is not only fun, but it's also practical and essential to my line of work.

7. Do you play any video games? If so, what system do you prefer?

I like to play you guessed it—racing games. I like playing stuff like Project Gotham Racing, Gran Turismo 5, Race Driver: GRID, D1 Grand Prix, Formula One Championship Edition, Outrun 2, and Ferrari Challenge. I also like playing a few shooters, such as MAG, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and the Mercenaries series. I prefer to play on either the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, since they have the biggest online console multiplayer communities around, and the best hardware. By the way, if you wanna play me online, look for “AMDrifter89.”

8. What are your thoughts on the popularity of Japanese animation and graphic novels (Anime and Manga)? Do you have a favorite series?

I think the increasing popularity isn't necessarily a bad thing. I mean sure, it's kinda nerdy, but I'm honestly amazed at how devout fans of the various series out there can replicate their favorite characters by creating costumes.

As for a favorite series, it's a toss-up between Initial D, Axis Powers Hetalia, Baka to Test to Shōkanjū , and K-ON! I love all these works equally, and it's really hard to choose between them.

Manga-wise, I've been reading the revised versions of Kenichi Sonoda's Gunsmith Cats. Very good, if a little dated.

9. Lady Gaga: Good musician, Crazy dresser, or both?

Definitely both. I've listened to all her major hits: Just Dance, Poker Face, Paparazzi, and Bad Romance. All those songs are great, I love listening to them, and I think they're really catchy. But I don't have to be Petra or Kara to know that her kind of fashion is quite kitschy, even horrendous. But you know what, that's part of what makes her who she is, and at the very least, it gets your attention, right? I mean, the “Fire Bra”. That is something that is forever seared into your memory.

10. Let's go to the Internet, then. Do you use YouTube? What's good to watch on YouTube?

I do use YouTube pretty often when I'm bored. I watch clips from Top Gear all over again, look for car review videos, and then of course, I look out for more Gymkhana practice videos by Ken Block. Other than that, there's not much else for me to see on YouTube.

11. What else do you use the Internet for?

Shopping and gaming, primarily. And maybe some research for tuning.

12. Finally, given a safe-to-use cover identity, would you be willing to use 'social networking' websites, such as Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter? Perhaps you already have a profile on one of these sites? If so, what has the experience been like for you?

Only if it was a solid cover identity, sure. I do like meeting new people from different places, but it's the Internet. Anyone, even myself, can be a completely different person online. As of yet, though, I don't use social networking, but I'm thinking about signing up on Facebook.

Last edited by MP5 on Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 23:05; edited 1 time in total
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cyborg Pop Culture and Interests Questionnaire

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 1:35

Kara Pagani takes a seat...

Cooking, reading, stargazing and driving.

Barcelona F.C., A.C. Milan, Scuderia Ferrari and Peugeot Sport.

Auto racing and educational shows.

Ronin and Grand Prix.

Japanese and European techno / dance / house

Stargazing. I love looking at the stars.

I play a few single-person RPGs and RTS'.

8. What are your thoughts on the popularity of Japanese animation and graphic novels (Anime and Manga)? Do you have a favorite series?

Being half-Japanese, I find them entertaining. My tastes are both narrow and eclectic.

Who?

10. Let's go to the Internet, then. Do you use YouTube? What's good to watch on YouTube?

I don't like YouTube, in general. I have a personal policy of usually ignoring any video more than one minute long that somebody sends me a link to.

Everything and anything.

12. Finally, given a safe-to-use cover identity, would you be willing to use 'social networking' websites, such as Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter? Perhaps you already have a profile on one of these sites? If so, what has the experience been like for you?

Evidently I used to be very active before I became a cyborg. My handler says it helped him "get to know me" before we formally became a fratello. That being said, I find such things of no value to me in my new life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10884

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 2:35

Laine's Response

That's a pretty general question there. I have tons of things I like to do my spare time. To list them all here this would have to be a very long Q&A. What do I usually end up spending most of freetime on though? Tennis practice - I only wish I could compete professionally. I would so win.

Of course. I've always liked the Anaheim Angels (even though they're now in LA). I'm also a fan of the New York Knicks. For sports that have no teams, my favorite tennis player is easily Roger Federer.

I'm a sucker for the Discovery and History Channel. I know, who'd have thought? I also try to catch Top Gear when possible, but I usually end up d/ling the episodes later. A guilty pleasure: The Price Is Right - though I miss Bob Barker.

Too many to list. Indiana Jones and James Bond come to mind first.

I like most kinds of music. I'm particularly into Eurodance/Club music at the moment.

Don't laugh, but right now it's reading. I may have a more interesting life than most, but it's still not as exciting as the kinda things you can read about. Heaven forbid Claes learns this though and starts shoving philosophy books on me. Sorry, but I prefer pop fiction.

Duh, I'm a huge gamer. Right now I'm using my laptop the most. I'm playing this game called "Backland Beat Online." I'm only at level 12 the moment, but I'm positive I could probably hit 20 if I really sat down and...Nevermind, I sound like such a nerd Razz.

Hmm...that's something I don't dive much into. Don't get me wrong, I love the old school cartoons, but that anime stuff seems awfully expensive doesn't it?

Good musician and batshit crazy dresser. Maybe I'm not fashionable enough to get it. I do enjoy her music though. It's fun to dance to.

I sure do. As for what I watch? Usually idiots hurting themselves like America's Funniest Home Videos. I know, I'm horrible. Razz

E-mail, news, music...what DON'T I use the internet for?

I hate all that social networking, let's just put it at that.

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 4:23

Britney:

Spend time with Biff, surf and enjoy quality time with some of my male colleagues.

The LA Lakers. I’m also a bit of a Raiders fan.

Gossip Girl and The Hills.

Twilight and Harry Potter.

Rock (Especially California indie). I also think Fleetwood Mac is pretty cool.

Definitely surfing. And it’s not so much a hobby as it’s a way of life.

No.

My brother (Kevin, not Biff) really likes that kind of stuff, but I can't say I'm really into it.

I think overrated is a better description.

Yeah, I go to YouTube. I pretty much just browse around. Viral videos are always a lot of fun.

Twitter and Facebook.

See above. I have a pretty large social circle back home so I’m a bit of a junkie when it comes to that kind of stuff.

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 8:50

Monty - *Walks in, sits down... leans back in the chair, folds her arms and looks at Bianchi like she's waiting for him to do an amusing trick for her benefit. On planet Monty this means she thinks you're wasting her time...

Ferro - *Standing at the back of the room Now Monty, be civil.

Monty - "This is civil. You want grumpy? I can do grumpy if you'd like."

Bianchi - *Pinches the bridge of his nose and looks tired We'll try and make this as quick as possible, but at least try to answer in full sentences:

My free what?

Bianchi - *sigh Your free time, the times you're just relaxing and have nothing work related to do. Would it be too much to ask for you to just string a few sentences together?

Monty - Oh, you want paragraphs now. Why didn't you say? I would have narrowed the column width.

Well, if I manage to clear the decks then, if we're on the move I'll read a book or watch a movie, read a design or watch blog or two... or catch up on some sleep. I guess just sitting and watching the scenery change can be pretty relaxing too. If we're stopped somewhere for a bit then I'll find somewhere that'll sell me a coffee and just flake for half an hour, or if the sun's over the yard-arm then you could sub "gin" for "coffee".

Bianchi - *makes a note to have a word to Jethro about Monty's caffiene and alcohol intake.

I enjoy parkour as well.

Do I look like I care about sport? I think the Guv'nor follows Liverpool though.

Again, not high on my "things to do" list. Caught a few episodes of "The Avengers" awhile back though, and there was some new one one recently... "White Collar"?

Probs the early Bond films, The Boat that Rocked, An Education... Caper, crime, spy and retro films really.

Most of my music tends to come from the 60s and 70s... bit of 50s too, so lots of British rock and pop: The Beatles, The Small Faces, The Who, Jeff Beck, The Turtles, The Kinks, it goes on. Don't mind some of the stuff done by The Rat Pack, or Sam and Dave for that matter. The Guv's had some stuff like Air, St Germain and that that I don't mind either, jazz and lounge works for me, in the right environment.

Sleeping... I don't think I do it regularly enough to call it anything else.

Ah-ha-ha-no.

What are your thoughts on the popularity of Japanese animation and
graphic novels (Anime and Manga)? Do you have a favorite series?

Same answer as before.

Someone showed me one of her videos once I think... I noticed the furniture before I noticed the singer or the music. In fact it took me untill the chorus to realise that it was actually supposed to be music. The furniture was definately the best part.

Only if I need to see something to hold down a conversation with someone on the job.

Email, research, banking, booking flights, shopping, organising accomodation or cars... filing reports, getting reports, the odd video conference.

Finally, given a safe-to-use cover identity, would you be willing to
use 'social networking' websites, such as Facebook, MySpace, or
Twitter? Perhaps you already have a profile on one of these sites? If
so, what has the experience been like for you?

That comes under "research" internet useage. I have multiple active alias profiles on Facebook and Myspace, work related though... to be honest I can't stand either site. Twitter I refuse to touch, who honestly cares that someone just took a bog?

Bianchi - ...

Monty - *leans over to look at clipboard Are we done?

Bianchi - Yes, yes, you can go.

Monty - *Gets up and walks toward the door, then stops next to Ferro, quietly handing her a steel Parker ballpoint Give this back to him when he realises it's gone... but not too fast, make his life difficult for a bit, I owe him that much.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5716

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 10:54

@Alfisti wrote:Monty
The Queen herself would be proud.

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 20:17

I hope you guys still remember who Liesel is. Bianchi definitely does.

Dreaming, painting (watercolors in the vein of Yoshitaka Amano are my forte - he's my favorite artist), playing my húqín, reading and writing fiction/poetry.

I'm not really a sports person, so, no. This doesn't mean I sniff at sporting talent, however; I do like to watch gymnasts and have been most impressed by a good number.

Dexter,
Fantaghirò, the Highlander TV series, La Piovra, Medium and RIS Delitti Imperfetti.

Cube, Dark City, Kwaidan, Se7en, Pan's Labyrinth, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen and The Princess Bride. I also have a weakness for giallo films.

Gothic metal, symphonic metal, operatic pop and neo-classical stuff, mainly. I have a lot of Lacuna Coil, LeRue Delashay, Nightwish, Sarah Brightman and Within Temptation on my ZEN.

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

I don't game very much, but I liked the Alone in the Dark, Call of Cthulu and Castlevania games, which I played on my PC - the latter game using an emulator. Occasionally, I fire up Counter-Strike: Source to play with some of the boys and girls from overseas agencies.

Anime and manga are okay, but I think a lot of it is over-rated. I like Vampire Hunter D and some of Hayao Miyazaki's films.

She's a decent musician, and no more flamboyant than certain others. I'm speaking objectively, though, since her music isn't really my cup of tea.

I'm more a LiveLeak girl, actually.

Keeping in contact with my friends abroad, primarily. I'm also a fringe participant on several online forums dedicated to Forteana and the paranormal, and I've uploaded some of my art and prose on sites that showcase such material (you can find me under 'Contessa Morte' at DA, FF.net and Fictionpress).

I have a fairly innocuous profile on VampireFreaks, which I hardly ever touch and nobody ever seems to visit. That represents my only foray into the world of social networking. Twitter is ludicrous.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 22:04

Jay Valentine's responses

For some reason, I'm drawn towards Archery, Bow Hunting, Hatchet Tossing, hiking and Pool or should I say billiards, as you Europeans call it. I plan on trying to convince the Chief to allow up to do some of us to go paintballing in the training center. Oh, I almost forgot sketching some of the various people who I interact with. Although I'm tough to beat on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

God no. I don't see the point of professional sports. A bunch of guys getting a crap of money to play a game...

Two words, Ninja Warrior. Although MacGuyver is fun to watch if you can find some episodes. I wonder if Sis has some?

Call me a hopeless romantic or that I've been spending to much time raiding my handler's movie collection but I'm going to say City of Angels, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, The Three Musketeers, Dragonheart, and the Professional.

Soft rock, alternative with some country love song thrown in. Although anything with understandable lyrics that tell a story and I'm game. Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, Breaking Benjamin, Smile Empty Soul, Saving Abel, Richard Marx, Bryan Adams, and some old Toby Keith...much to my handler's dismay.

That's a tough one...I'd have to say either bow hunting or drawing are my favorites equally. Bow hunting because of the thrill of stalking your prey and bringing them down using only your own power to make the kill, it's a feeling that's only matched by getting a kill with the Intervention sniper rifle on Modern Warfare 2... Drawing because of the whole immortalization of the people around me when I capture them in pictures.

Hell yeah I play video games, ever since I found a couple of the off-duty guys, you know the non-fratello guys, Amadeo and the rest of them, playing Halo 2 on an old Xbox. Well needless to say I was bored, since Ferro the Ice Queen has my handler doing her old job as well as being my handler and trainer, I asked if I could join in their game after a few games I started to hand their military asses to them on a silver platter. I need to go ask the chief if I can get all the girls together and have a massive LAN party with Modern Warfare 2. Since that would be awesome! On a sidenote, XBOX 360 is amazing!

What are your thoughts on the popularity of Japanese animation and
graphic novels (Anime and Manga)? Do you have a favorite series?

I really like them. They suck me into their little world and hold me there until the very end. Sis really likes that fact so she tends to put on series like Noir, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun, for educational purposes. Which translates into "Watch this, Analyze their styles, and show how you can use some of these in an actual mission." Wait a sec, I wonder if Priscilla is an Otaku?

Lady Gaga scares me. Let's go to the next topic please.

Of course I use the internet, what kind of question is that!? With Sis spending roughly 45% of her time working in the Data Analysist Department under Ferro's orders. I've got to keep myself entertained somehow. Enter Youtube, I pretty much use only to watch music videos and AMVs.

I know what Jean uses the internet for...he really needs to change his password on his computer or at least stop having Rico memorize it...

I'd probably go to Gaia, cause everyone is so friendly there.

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 0:43

@Danjo3 wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:Monty
The Queen herself would be proud.

Monty to Bianchi - We are not amused Doctor.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 12:25

@Alfisti wrote:Monty to Bianchi - We are not amused Doctor.
BTW - you might not be aware of it, but making your OC British automatically gives them immunity against Mary/Marty-ism.

Come to think of it, Britney’s got a little limey in her somewhere, I’m almost sure of it.

Hang on, I’m going to do some checking and get back to you.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 12:59

@Danjo3 wrote:Come to think of it, Britney’s got a little limey in her somewhere, I’m almost sure of it.

With Britney's sexual appetite, I am sure she's had a Limey in her at sometime or another. Razz

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 13:21

D'Oh!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5667

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 14:36

Hey now, I’m afraid having it in her and having it in her are two different things. Britney does indeed have British blood, but it is far too diluted to save her from becoming a Mary Sue.

I'm affraid that Sometimes life just sucks.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marder on Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 19:51

I like to ride motorcycles, play guitar, play basketball, play piano, and work on a fix motorcycles. Also hanging out with my friends Kara, Allison, Claes, Rico, Henrietta, and the other cyborgs is very important to me. They're my life!

I used to go to LA a lot and I would get to see the Lakers when I went. Kobe Bryant is the man! I also like the San Diego Chargers and I got a bit of a thing for Phillip Rivers...

Also, Giacomo Agostini is my hero when it comes to motorcycle riding, though I have to say Steve Mcqueen is also a great cyclist as well as being a great actor. The Great Escape is one of my favorites movies ever.

Top Gear's fun but I like to watch sports and the history channel and such.

Torque, Biker Boys, The Great Escape, Easy Rider, Lo Chiamavo King (His Name Was King), The Eagle's Lair, The Godfather trilogy, Scarface, way too many movies

top ten favorite artists of any genre.

1. Metallica
2. Megadeth
3. Iron Maiden
4. Led Zeppelin
5. Black Sabbath
6. Pantera
7. Rush
8. Johnny Cash
9. Public Enemy
10. AC/DC

Riding motorcycles. I love the feeling of the freedom you get from it and I feel like I can go anywhere when I'm on one. I like to do a lot of other stuff but motorcycle riding takes the cake.

I don't play a lot of motorcycle games because they're too complicated. I play mostly shooters but a few basketball games in there. I like making 600 foot tall characters in NBA 2K10!

8. What are your thoughts on the
popularity of Japanese animation and graphic novels (Anime and Manga)?
Do you have a favorite series?

I think the increasing
popularity isn't necessarily a bad thing. I mean sure, it's kinda
nerdy, but I'm honestly amazed at how devout fans of the various series
out there can replicate their favorite characters by creating costumes.

I love it and find it awesome. I do a bit of it myself, I cosplayed as Erica from Strike Witches once and I'm a huge fan of Yu Yu Hakusho and Full Metal Alchemist, a lot of the typical animes you know what I mean.

I despise her music and the way she dresses. Don't say the name Lady Gaga around me ever.

I
do use YouTube pretty often when I'm bored. I like to make and watch youtube poops (Kroboproductions is the man) and also watch sports videos and motorcycle videos.

Listening to music and motorcycle research.

Of course! I love meeting new people and such.
Marder

Male

Forum Posts : 45

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl and much much more

Original Characters : Adeline, George, Jordan, Daniel

Registration date : 2010-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 11:08

@Danjo3 wrote:
BTW - you might not be aware of it, but making your OC British automatically gives them immunity against Mary/Marty-ism.

Come to think of it, Britney’s got a little limey in her somewhere, I’m almost sure of it.

Hang on, I’m going to do some checking and get back to you.

Well, technically Monty's actually French... but she's been conditioned by Jethro so to be honest she's mentally a Pom. Hell, most of the time I forget she's French

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 11:13

@Alfisti wrote:Well, technically Monty's actually French... but she's been conditioned by Jethro so to be honest she's mentally a Pom. Hell, most of the time I forget she's French

She French and a sharp dresser...

No wonder Kara likes her. Smile

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 19:28

@Alfisti wrote:
Well, technically Monty's actually French... but she's been conditioned by Jethro so to be honest she's mentally a Pom. Hell, most of the time I forget she's French

Does Monty know she was originally French? That seems to be an important character development point...how much connection a cyborg has to her former life.
For example; Despite her looks, and the fact that when she speaks English (a 2nd language to her) it is with an Irish accent, Marisa considers herself Italian and is puzzled when people think she is from Ireland.

MP5; I will get your questionnaire done soon...it's just that Marisa did something unspeakable involving the light explosives and the Secretary of Defenses' houseplants, so Elio has her scrubbing the SWA bathrooms with a toothbrush. I'll send her over to Bianchi's office as soon as she's done.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 21:14

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Does Monty know she was originally French? That seems to be an important character development point...how much connection a cyborg has to her former life.

I think she's probably vaguely aware of her French origin on some level, in the same manner that most Australians are vaguely aware that Russel Crowe is, in fact, from New Zealand. If you asked Monty she'd say she was British, talks with an English accent etc. Jethro ran her conditioning that way because if she's going to play his little sister (from time to time) then she'd better be British as well... plus Jethro can be a little nationalistic. Which also explains why she doesn't consider herself to be "Italian", despite technically being an Italian citizen and working for them.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 17 Feb 2010 - 19:54

Marisa finally gets around to sitting down with Dr. Bianchi and answering his questionaire. He wrote most of the questions with the new, older girls in mind, but the opinions of an 11 year old cyborg could be valuable as well.

Marisa: (hopping up on the stool) Hello Doctor, Elio told me you had some questions to ask me.
Bianchi: Nothing too serious, we just want to get some baseline information on how much you cyborgs are aware of the outside world, and to evaluate your ability to fit in with 'normal' children and teens.
Marisa: But Doctor...you're a little late. I've already been on a mission where I had to live with normal girls in a dorm.
Bianchi: Eh yeah...I guess you're right.
Marisa: But it's okay...this interview is getting me out of Ms. Ferro's boring history class!

Free time? Between training, school, studying & missions it feels like there isn't any sometimes. Of course I like hanging out with my handler & diving the most, but if he's not around I'm happy to spend time with the other cyborgs in the dorm. I admit I'm not really into gardening, or stargazing, or playing video games, but I go along anyway 'cause it's a chance to hang out with friends.
Alone, I've kind of taken up drawing since my mission at the Girl's Academy in Rufina. Mr. Jean teaches us all about classical & modern art (by putting a DVD in and making us write an essay on the film) but before I went undercover as a normal school-girl I never imagined I could do art myself!

I like racing...cars and motorcycles, but to me it's all about the cool spectacle, I'm happy whoever wins. Rugby & soccer are awesome (the crowd is the best part sometimes, I wish Elio would take me to England so we could get into a riot with proper hooligans), but again I really just like watching a good match, I don't have a specific favorite. I do have a big collection of rugby shirts that I work out in and wear around the compound.

I really only see TV in hotel rooms...Amelia & I don't have a set in our room. A lot of the other girls like that British car show, Top Gear. It's funny, and I'll watch it with them, but as I said earlier it's more just a reason to hang out and have fun.

Show me anything with cool sword duels and I'm happy. Stuff with Vikings, any Akira Kurosawa samurai film, all kinds of movies with knights, and any version of The Three Musketeers.
My handler shows me all kinds of movies that he considers "excellent film-making," and they're all good flicks, but I'm just as happy curling up with him & watching a cheezy flick with bad acting and good sword-fights. Unlimited greasy popcorn is a must.

My favorites are 60's and 70's rock & blues...anything with good guitar in it, but that's probably because it's what Elio likes. He's been pushing me to explore other music...stuff that doesn't come directly from his CD collection. He says modern girls don't listen to music from 40 years ago. So far I guess I like the Eurythmics, Joan Jett, and Pat Benetar...all girls that rock!
Bianchi: But Marisa, that stuff is all over 20 years old too.
Marisa: Hey, at least I'm moving in the right direction. Anyway, the other day Claes asked me if I listen to classical music, and I told her my favorite was Tchaikovsky. Any dude who can work artillery fire into a composition is cool!

Umm, does SCUBA diving count? I know I'm conditioned to love the sea, but I'd love it even if I wasn't. It's kind of a shame I can't share it with the other girls though...but their conditioning could kill them if they tried it.

Some of the other girls really go crazy for them, but I kinda suck at 'em. I'd like to be better at the driving games, because it's the closest Elio will ever let me get to driving a real car. The fighting games bore me though...I mean, we do that for real all the time, and I like it. Pushing a bunch of X & O buttons could never give me a thrill like really ripping a bad guy's head off. (Bianchi seems concerned about this and scribbles some notes down)
Either way, even if I'm just hanging out watching the others play it's an excuse to waste some time with friends.

(eyebrows raise) Didn't Kara already give you a 6-hour answer when you asked this question?
Some of it's cool I guess, she (Kara) showed me Samurai Champloo...it was good. Last Exile was hard to understand, but I liked it. The giant robot stuff is boring though.

(looks embarassed) I...don't know who that is. Should I?

My handler has shown me a few internet sites, and it seems useful, but I haven't really had time to explore it unsupervised.

Elio & I can order SCUBA gear online, and Google translate is a great way to cheat when Mr. Hillshire's language homework is kicking my butt.

Priscilla showed me some of those sites and sorry...you can keep that nonsense. A bunch of people sitting on their butts playing Mafia Wars and Farmville? If I wanna play Mafia wars I load up some spare magazines for my Beretta, stick a fresh coil of piano wire in my pocket and go to work! And Farmville? I get enough of that helping Claes. I still owe her over 2 hours of "community service" for crashing that van into her garden...even though 'Etta was driving at the time.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina on Sat 27 Feb 2010 - 18:13

I think I'll have Reina answer these questions, because Emaro's responses would all be ' Go burn in hell '.
Reina's not the brightest. >>''

In my free time, I like to work!

Whenever I play games with the other girls, I'm always on 'Etta's team! c: So that's my favorite team!

Clark doesn't let me watch TV. . . But sometimes I do anyways. Don't tell him, okay? Well, maybe he would let me watch TV... I don't know, I've never asked him if I'm allowed to or not!
Whenever I walk TV, I just watch whatever's on at that moment. Nothing in particular. Mainly because I can't find the remote yet...

I watched Watership Down once! It was really scary though. Silly bunnies, beating eachother up. They shouldn't beat the other bunnies up! If they really want to beat people up, they should join the SWA. Hmph. Silly, silly bunnies.

Clark keeps making me listen to this classical stuff, but I don't like it much. Personally, I prefer the music that some of the older girls listen to... Sometimes, they'll let me listen with them. But you can't tell Clark about that either because sometimes they swear in the songs! He'd kill me if he found out about that!
I really don't know the names of any artists, to tell the truth.

I like drawing. Clark says it's a good way for me to express myself. I get inspiration from books I read, or sometimes I like to draw the scenes in 'Etta's pictures (but that's not as fun as drawing from your imagination).
Drawing is my favorite hobby because it's almost like dreaming. When you're drawing, you can do anything you want. You can draw a fancy tea party or you can draw a bunch of dogs playing! Or you can just draw yourself being well... yourself.

I have what Emaro calls an " Oldschool GameBoy ". I don't have any games though (I should probably talk to Clark about that).

I like Axis Powers Hetalia! But shhh. That's something else you can't tell anyone! Clark says he doesn't want me reading any of those "ridiculous cartoon books" because they could give me bad ideas and stuff. I don't see where he's coming from, considering I'm a cyborg and I've seen just about every 'bad idea' there is.

Oh! I've listened to some of her music. I got to see a music video once too! I think she's both! Her music is really, REALLY catchy but her outfits are something I definitely wouldn't wear. Not that I don't like them! They're unique but....

...YouTube? What's that?

Sometimes I'm allowed to pick out clothing I like off of websites (ones that Clark gives me, of course). Other times I'll read manga... It's really addicting!

I don't think I'd be able to figure any of those out. Besides, who would I be friends with on those sites? It's not like I know anyone.

I think we can put our differences behind us. For Science.

You monster.
Reina
Insane Psychopathic Loli

Female

Forum Posts : 73

Fan of : Henrietta, Claes

Original Characters : Reina/Clark

Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content