US Road Trip Special

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: US Road Trip Special

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 13:50

"I've never seen so many sports cars in one place before." He said as he took in the sights, completely forgetting the fact that he hadn't really eaten besides some Pringles until his stomach growled in annoyance, "I'll go see if I can find a burger place or maybe a Chinese restaurant." He said with a smile as he ran down the street to find a nearby restaurant.

Jacen Starslayer

Forum Posts : 525

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 14:10

Kara followed Laine's GT-R and parked beside it. She locked the Porsche and fell in beside Laine, deciding to follow her friend since she at least knew something about the cars on display.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10900

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 16:06

"Kara look!" Laine dragged Kara over to a massive lime green. "It's a 1970 Road Runner Superbird!" They approached the Plymouth, and strolled around it.

"I wasn't aware they made cars large enough to house the entire Osmond Family." Kara joked as they gave it a once over.

"It's only 18 feet long." Laine continued to lecture. "It has a drag coefficient of .28 and cost over $100,000 in good condition. They came with three different engine options. The 426 Hemi, 440 Super Commando, and the 440 Super Commando Six Barrel. The latter using three two barrel Holley carburetors and capable of 505 horses." Kara listened with a knit brow as Laine continued rambling.

"What's this one?" Kara asked the man standing next to it, guarding it as if it were Victoria's much lauded Secret.

"The 426 Hemi."

Looking up from the car, Laine took Kara by the arm again.

"Only the Hemi? C'mon Kara. Let's find a car with a bigger engine."

Kara smiled weakly at the now dumbstruck man who could only watch the two women walk away.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 16:55

Allison and Petra quickly caught up with Kara and Laine. The two were already wearing microphones that transmitted to a receiver connected to a secondary audio port on Brian's video camera. Allison handed the latter two girls their wireless microphones.

"Ladies, surely you didn't come here and think we weren't going to catch some of this?" asked Allison. "This is great stuff for our special!"

"George was kind enough to catch some of the cars that passed us while we were on I-75." said Brian. "We're gonna try to get as much footage at this place as we can."

"I'm thinking we'll save the other neat events for later." said Allison. "How about we head down the the 'Dyno Drags' in an hour or so? I'm interested to see how a Caterham will do against one of these big ol' muscle cars."

"But isn't a dyno just stationary?" asked Petra.

"Apparently, they have some computer wizardry that will take into account weight and aerodynamics and so on." said Allison. "It's basically a virtual drag strip that can be trucked just about anywhere."

After Kara and Laine put on their microphones, they continued looking through the exhibits. Passing the Dodges, they soon headed into an area chock full of classic Chevrolet cars-- Bel-Airs, El Caminos, Chevelles, Camaros, and Corvettes were all present and accounted for. Allison ran over to a 1970 Chevelle SS and began to salivate a little upon seeing the very well-polished engine inside.

"Laine! Look at this! There's a 454-cubic inch big block V8 in here!"

MP5

Forum Posts : 1767

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 18:06

(Pssstt,they're Italians they wouldn't know what a cubic inch is !)

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Forum Posts : 2131

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 18:09

@Awinnell wrote:(Pssstt,they're Italians they wouldn't know what a cubic inch is !)

Remember, that's Allison talking-- she knows American English pretty well. Laine is also familiar with American cars.

MP5

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 18:58

@rusty-spring wrote: "The 426 Hemi."

Looking up from the car, Laine took Kara by the arm again.

"Only the Hemi? C'mon Kara. Let's find a car with a bigger engine."

Kara smiled weakly at the now dumbstruck man who could only watch the two women walk away.

It's also cute that the inexperienced girls go seeking out the biggest engine...and naively snub the far more exotic & potent 426. I got a laugh out of that.

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3422

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 19:01

Since Kara "doesn't do Imperial", she doesn't get that 426 is cubic inches. She thinks it's centiliters so that's "only" 4.26 liters in her mind, as opposed to the actual 7 liters.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 20:13

@Professor Voodoo wrote:It's also cute that the inexperienced girls go seeking out the biggest engine...and naively snub the far more exotic & potent 426. I got a laugh out of that.
It's not what you do with your engine, it's how big it is.

Laine looked at the Chevelle.

"Definitely cool. My favorite thing about American muscle cars from the 60's and 70's is their complete disregard for precision designs. They're just giant hunks of aggressive looking metal barreling down the road with fat tires and no ABS. I do think the Chevelle is rather bland looking though in comparison."

She spread her hands out.

"I mean, c'mon. Where are the racing stripes?" She joked.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 20:43

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 21:04

"I think those only came on certain models." said Allison with a chuckle. The rev of another 454 big-block V8 caused the group to spin around, their eyes meeting a very sleek gloss-black 1974 Corvette Stingray Coupe, one with a removable roof, and an added customization of 17" Enkei Klamp racing wheels and Brembo Disc brakes with cross-drilled rotors rolled into the lot. The afternoon Michigan sun gleamed off its pristine bodywork, and Allison and Laine watched the beautiful machine pull in, its immaculate presence a beacon of glory.

"That-- is a sexy car." said Allison. And then, it only got better from there.

The owner of the Corvette parked it in a very spacious spot, and upon exiting the vehicle, he placed a 'For Sale' sign in the windshield and proudly stood next to it.

"Oh. My. God. He's selling it!" exclaimed Allison, beginning to dash toward the Stingray before Brian grabbed her by her belt, stopping her from going any further.

"Easy there, lass. That thing is probably worth way more than you can afford."

"But--but--Stingray! 1974! Beautiful! American! Want. Now."

"If it has you speaking monosyllabically, it's probably worth way more than you can afford." chided Brian. "Besides, taping first, shopping later."

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 23:24

"Pardon," an icy voice suddenly said from behind the girls' group causing Laine to nearly jump into Kara's arms. "If perhaps I may have a moment."

"Of course; Liesel," Claes said as they each faced Liesel.

"Would it be overmuch of a perturbation to request that you lady's look after your individual well beings for the duration of our stay here?"

"...Overmuch of a what?" Laine asked with her eyebrows raised.

"...A bother" Claes quickly retorted.

"Not at all," Kara said finally speaking. "Al may be overprotective at times, but he does indeed have our best intentions in mind. I know it will do him some good to loosen up and have some fun."

"Precisely, I thank you."

Turning around Liesel walked back to Alpha as he walked toward the group.

"What's up?" Alpha said as he took a bite of the corn dog.

"Naught any matter of importance," Liesel said as she took Alpha's corn dog and took a small bite before looking at the treat and taking a bigger bite. "What might this be?"

"That is...was a corn dog."

"A delightful confection," Liesel said with a playful smile as she finished Alpha's lunch. "You can acquire myself another and some refreshment as I refill our petrol."

"Why the tank, I thought we were going to follow the girls?"

"It is to my understanding that the engine of the Challenger still requires a bit of breaking in."

"Yes, but that can wait till after Chicago when I get the other tanks refilled."

"I believe they call that amusement; a dyno drag. Might you be able to discover a superior manner of  testing the proper functionality of our vehicle?"

"No; I suppose not," Alpha smiled as he began to yield to Liesel's spoiled side. It was extremely rare that Liesel revealed this portion of her personality, but Alpha reveled in the sweet and sensitive nature of it whenever the time came. "Very well, anything specific; my dear exquisite mortal?"

"I have heard very pleasing statements on a beverage by the title of...pink lemonade."

"You got it," Alpha smiled as he turned once more to the vendor's stand tossing the keyless remote to the Challenger over his shoulder.

"And whence more another of those...corn dogs," Liesel called as she caught the remote, "for our idle dispatch has caused me to be famished."

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Fri 12 Jun 2015 - 12:00; edited 3 times in total

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 23:58

@Professor Voodoo wrote:It's also cute that the inexperienced girls go seeking out the biggest engine...and naively snub the far more exotic & potent 426. I got a laugh out of that.
They would need to find a 1972 Cadillac Eldorado, for its time, had the largest production engine of 501 CI (in a V8). Some rebuilds bring it up to 515CI.
Today, the Dodge Viper V10 engine has 505.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 0:18

I was considering a scene where Kara saw one of those and marveled that Clay's Escalade was actually smaller.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 0:20

[OOC]
@ElfenMagix wrote:
@Professor Voodoo wrote:It's also cute that the inexperienced girls go seeking out the biggest engine...and naively snub the far more exotic & potent 426.  I got a laugh out of that.
They would need to find a 1972 Cadillac Eldorado, for its time, had the largest production engine of 501 CI (in a V8). Some rebuilds bring it up to 515CI.
Today, the Dodge Viper V10 engine has 505.

And that beast just happens to be powering Alpha's Challenger. Evil

@Kiskaloo wrote:I was considering a scene where Kara saw one of those and marveled that Clay's Escalade was actually smaller.

LOLZ, in Elfen's upcoming Gumball Slinger; Alpha drives a '76 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible painted bright yellow armed with a crate 472 Hemi amongst other things inspired by Fernando's "totally tricked out spy-mobile". When first putting it together he preferred to listen to Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen. Laughing

Now; ON with the show.
[/OOC]

With the sound of high-powered Detroit steel filling the air; Alpha had just finished his third pass through the Drag Dyno in an hour. As he pulled off of the Dyno, Alpha sported a wide smile on his face. Waiting for the results, Alpha took the bottle of water offered to him by Liesel.

"Win goes to the Challenger by two lengths for his third win today!" the Dyno operator said into a small microphone. Claps and cheers followed by cries of "I've gotta get me one of those!" and "Hey kid, how much!"

"You got priority; kid," the Dyno operator said. Waving his hand and shaking his head; the operator nodded and called for the next two onto the Dyno.

Opting out of signing up for a fourth run on the Dyno, Alpha pulled into an isolated corner of a nearby lot to let the Challenger cool down. Popping the trunk Alpha took the small laptop within and connected it the digital control of the bigger nitrous tank, increasing the amount that flowed into the inter-cooler after purging a small amount.

"Not a bad run," a voice said approaching the pair. "But dyno-draggin' ain't nothing compared to the real deal."

"And you would be?" Liesel asked the taller man.

"You mind if men are talkin' dont'cha?"

"If you want to keep your kneecaps," Alpha said as he closed the trunk, "you'll answer the fucking question."

"Hmph," the taller man smirked as he looked at them both. "Just want to see if you two want to see some real action."

"As in?" they both answered.

"Keep going south on Fort until you reach Sibley; go west on that until you see Allen. There, you'll see what I mean."

As he walked away Alpha spotted a flash of a tattoo along his arm.

"What nerve," Liesel said as he walked away. "What do you perceive he intended to mean by action?"

"He was telling us about a drag," Alpha answered before finishing the bottle of water.

"And by what means might you know?"

"He's sporting the flags of the Moonrunners."

"...Moonrunners?"

"Yup; it's an auto club based out of Detroit, but they operate more like a two-bit street racing gang. Which is why for the most part, they're off the radar. I'm willing to bet that guy is a newer member and hasn't been banned from the Cruise just yet."

"Then to what justification would he have for arriving?"

"To bait people into racing them at another site."

"That sounds illogical."

"It is; they're notorious for racing for pinks."

Looking at Alpha with a weary eye, Liesel could always read Alpha's intentions before he made them verbal.

"Your going," Liesel said crossing her arms.

"...Just to watch," Alpha said as he smiled at her.

Smiling in return; Liesel shook her head, "We shall see."

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Fri 12 Jun 2015 - 12:24; edited 1 time in total

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 18:22

Meanwhile, after being told to calm down by Brian, Allison and her fellow presenters came to the decision to start taping a segment for their special. They had asked the owner of the Corvette if he would allow them to film himself and his car before they decided on how they would open up. Brian and Allison went to one of the grass islands dividing the northbound and southbound lanes of Fort St., where a friendly local family helped them set up, Brian filming from the top of a truck so as to have an elevated platform. He started out zoomed in on Allison, to whom he pointed as he began recording.

"Day 2 of our cross-country trip finds us on Fort Street, a main route between Southgate, Riverview, Wyandotte, and Lincoln Park, four suburbs near the motor city, Detroit, Michigan. I've managed to make some new friends at this yearly event, which caters to petrolheads of all ages-- the annual Cruisin' Downriver!"

Brian zoomed out to establish a shot of Allison rousing the crowd that had gathered behind her, who cheered loudly as they waved. Brian caught as many cars going in both directions as he could on camera as Allison went on with some further details.

"Over 500,000 car lovers attend this event each year, and everywhere you look, you will see the beauty and power of some of Detroit's most famous products and the proud men and women who own them. We're going to take a look at a staple of American car culture!"

Brian finished recording and gave a thumbs-up to Allison, who gave her thanks to everyone who had participated in the opener to the segment and handed out some several tens of business cards with the URL of a YouTube Channel that would be hosting episodes of Top Gear Italy.

"We should have this episode up in about two weeks; our pilot is already on there. Please make sure to visit the channel and leave comments!" announced Allison as people took her proffered cards.

Walking back across to the rest of the girls, Allison spoke to the group.

"Okay, one of us has to interview this gentleman with the lovely Corvette. You need to ask him what he's done to it, how much it's worth currently, when he got it, and how it compares to current cars; not necessarily in that order. Any takers?"

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 19:19

"That looks like a good place to start." Jay said seemingly to himself as he entered a small Chinese restaurant.

"You want polk flied lice with that?" A middle-aged Chinese man asked a
customer across the counter in bad Engrish, before yelling something to
the back in Chinese.

Jay looked up at the pictures over the counter as if trying to decide what to order.

A few minutes later, Jay stepped up to place his order.

"Can I get a quart of General Tso's chicken, white rice and an egg roll
to go?" Jay asked eagerly, his mouth moistened from the aroma wafting
from the kitchen.

The Chinese man nodded thrice times as he made a note on a piece of paper, before yelling to back in Chinese again.

"That will be eleven ninety five." The man ordered in bad Engrish.

Jay nodded and paid the man using the company's black card.

Several minutes later after getting his food, he found himself sitting on a bench near the lined up cars.

"Itadakimisu!" Jay said as he snapped his chopsticks and dug into his meal.

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 20:09

@MP5 wrote:"Okay, one of us has to interview this gentleman with the lovely Corvette. You need to ask him what he's done to it, how much it's worth currently, when he got it, and how it compares to current cars; not necessarily in that order. Any takers?"

Kara stifles a yawn behind her hand.

"Have at it," she notes, patting Laine on the shoulder.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:26

"Very well." Laine stepped ahead and approached the man with the Corvette. "Excuuuuse me!" She spoke in an uncharacteristically sweet voice. "Would you happen to be the owner of this wonderful vehicle?"

"Indeed I would." The man puffed out his chest, obviously proud of his car, and the attention of the young woman standing in front of him.

"Would you mind answering a few questions?" She leaned in close. "It's for a TV show." Laine added in a hushed tone. The thought of showcasing his car on TV seemed to only invigorate the man more.

"Of course I could. What would you like to know?"

"First of all, what year is this Corvette?" Laine asked as the cameras pointed towards them.

"This young lady, is a '74 Stingray Coupe."

"It's a very nice specimen." She walked over towards the 'For Sale' sign and pointed at it. "Now I see you've got it for sale. Might I ask how much you're hoping to get?"

"I'm looking for at least $70,000." Laine whistled.

"That's quite a high price. What have you done to this car for that price?" The man walked Laine around the car and showed her various parts of the engine and the interior.

"Well, as you can see the interior is completely original. It has restored seats and gauges. The engine is the 454 LS-6 V8." Laine nodded as he spoke.

"Which if I recall puts out 425 horsepower correct?"

"You know your Corvettes, dontcha sweetie?" Laine's brow visibly ticked at the man's use of a pet name, but continued on.

"Oh, I'm just full of surprises." She let the man continue.

"Also, theses wheels are factory original, with the original finish polished to perfection." He moved back towards interior. "Here, sit in the passenger seat." Laine jumped into the passenger side and looked around, her eyes already filled with admiration of the vehicle. "Even a pretty gal like you ought to see that these gauges are also original." The owner reached across Laine and pulled the seatbelt across her body, brushing up against it.

Clay watched from afar and saw Laine stiffen. Oh no... He thought.

"Nice and snug eh?"

"Oh definitely." Laine's eyes narrowed as she saw the man's gaze drifting lower by the second. "Let me ask you another question."

"Sure."

"Would the reason you're selling this car be because you're now an overweight, grungy dressing, mid-life crisis American grease head?" The man was taken aback.

"Excuse me?"

"I was only speculating that since you're obviously no longer an attractive male specimen, you're attempting to sell your car at an overpriced value in order to buy yourself some hair plugs."

Oh this isn't going to end well... Clayland had his hand covering his face.

"Why you little..." The owner reached to grasp Laine by the arm, but instead, she grasped his in an iron grip.

"What's wrong? Can't handle the truth sweetie?" With her other hand Laine reached forward, grabbed the 'For Sale' sign and rewrote the sign to read as 'Rubbish'. "By the way, the 1974 Stingray had no gas cover emblem. Something your "Original 74" does have." She put the sign back up in the window. "Plus, any Stingray made after 1969 had a 17 inch steering wheel, not 18 inches. I'm sure you would have gotten away with suckering the uninformed enthusiast, but it's pretty ballsy to try to pull a quick one at a show like this."

Laine stepped out of the car and grinned happily.

"Back to you Allison."

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 22:28

{Very few cars which are that old have a pristine interior, as leather starts to crack and the transparent plastic of the gauges start to yellow. Plus the dust in the air start to accumulate in the gauge housing. The car can be restored, but without NOS [New/Old Stock- original parts that have been in storage over the years] parts, most restos have aftermarket cones that even fool some experts. Only way to be absolutely sure it to pull the gauge and see the date code on the back...

Fernando would be very weary of such cars and would give them a white glove test, sniff the exhaust the lick the oil dipstick and eyeball the sparkplugs and ignitions... all tests to see what condition that car engine is in; plus go under the chassis to see for accident damage, suspension parts replacements, and the marble and magnet test- to check how the body panels fit properly [should be a 1/4" min - 1/2" max gap between panels] AND see if they are the actual panels or patched up or replaced items. A '74 would be front end and doors be of fiberglass and the rest of the unibody chassis steel. '73 was the last all steel Corvettes and '75 were all fiberglass except for the chassis and mounting frame.

Fernando would also look at all the Vin/Engine numbers to see if they are complaint, original and matching. Lastly, if he is the 'original' car owner, ask him what day of the week it was built on. Most original car owners of pre 90s cars would know by the car's behavior...}

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 23:01

Leon allows himself into Fernando's house with the key he had gave him to take care of the place while he was gone. All was quiet, though for mid afternoon of a couple days passing since they had returned.

The living room, kitchen, dining area, and hallway showed no signs of life. The bedroom had Francesca and Rachel sleeping in the same bed, but no sign of Fernando... that is until he left a piece of cold steel of a gun's barrel press against the back of his neck. He slowly raises his hands above his head, then feels the pressure of cold steel leave, and his old Viet Nam 1911 leave from his waist band.

Fernando (in a cold harsh but silent tone): Quietly step away from my room and take a seat to sit on at the dining room.

Leon complies. Fernando joins him at the dining room table, handing him back his 1911. Leon shoves it into the waist band at the small of his back.

Fernando: What brings you back to my place.
Leon: Just checking up on you... you're more quieter than when this apartment was empty.
Fernando: What else?
Leon: Your girls OK? They seem to be sleeping all day.
Fernando: Keeping tabs on me?
Leon: Of course.
Fernando: Good... Now as for the girls, they are still running on Italian time, so they would be sleeping right now as it is night time in Italy at this moment.
Leon: Hmmm... And you?
Fernando: I hate Jet Lag, so I Exorcized it out of my system.
Leon: Hmmm....
Fernando: Anything else?

Leon passes the keys to the Olds Hearse.

Fernando: You done with it?
Leon: Unless you got some targets to chloroform and leave on the side of a down-south highway, yeah.
Fernando: So... where is it?
Leon: Downstairs, waiting for a cross country drive to break it in.
Fernando: Is that a hint?
Leon: Me telling you to go call Alpha to catch up with him would be a hint. Me telling you to break in the hearse with a cross country ride is another matter.
Fernando: So... What it is?

Leon sighs.

Leon: Pick up the cell phone and call Alpha. I'm sure he would appreciate the call.
Fernando: Sometimes I dont know why you constantly meddle in my affairs.
Leon: Same reason why I did the '59 - '63 stint in 'Nam...

Leon reaches to the cellphione charger on tha table and slide the cellphone to Fernando.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 0:06

"Hm, that's not gone over well." said Brian, stopping recording. "Can't really use that footage, considering where it led to."

"How about I give this interview segment a try... in a different part of the exhibitions?" asked Allison. "I see an entire lot of Chrysler Mopar performance across the street. Let's go over there, where hopefully the guys with nice cars aren't pigs."

The group proceeded across Fort St., Brian getting panning shots of the cars that stopped to let them by, and were soon in a lot where multiple Dodge Chargers, Plymouth Hemi Cudas, and anything else made by the Chrysler company back in the day resided. Allison looked around, trying to find something of interest, and then she saw her next mark-- a line of Shelby-badged hot hatches and sport compacts. While there was plenty of muscle around, Allison liked tuning, even more so if it required forced induction. She went to the nearby owners and asked if she could interview some of them and showcase their vehicles. Upon getting their permission, she ran back to Brian.

"I think we have something. These blokes, running around with hotted-up Shelby-tuned Chryslers are more than willing to show off their vehicles." said Allison

"Let's run with it. Be polite, okay?" said Brian, moving in with his camera. The siblings quickly discussed a taping plan, and Allison started from one end of the row of Shelby hot hatches and sport compacts. Brian counted Allison down, and once he pointed to her, she began walking slowly across the row of Shelby-tuned vehicles as she spoke.

"Now, a cruise will typically feature a lot of big heavy muscle cars designed to make a mockery out of the standing quarter-mile and use up half of Saudi Arabia just idling. But little did everyone else know that in a time of Golf GTIs, Fiat Abarths, and Peugeot 205s, Chrysler was also getting its claws into the hot hatch market. These cars behind me are all American-made hot hatches with one thing in common-- they're all turbocharged."

Allison walked over to a little black hatchback with low-profile 15-inch cast Aluminium wheels.

"This... spicy little thing, is a 1986 Dodge Shelby GLHS. Originally a milquetoast Dodge Omni, Caroll Shelby, the wonderful man behind the GT 500 Mustang, came up with the idea to take a pathetic little schoolboy of a gas-sipping hatchback and throw it into the gym. This is the newer, more dashing, bully-trouncing result: A Turbocharged 4-cylinder 2.2-liter engine mated to a 5-speed manual throwing out 175 brake horsepower, naught-to-sixty in 6.5 seconds, a quarter-mile time of 14 seconds, and a top speed of 135 miles per hour. It only came in black, sat on 15-inch wheels that were styled like throwing stars or shuriken, and to this day remains a very impressive example of the American hot hatch market. Not bad for a car that was, frankly, found in the bottom of the barrel. Three years later, something even better would come out."

Allison moved over to a red sport compact compact coupe with gold 15-inch wheels. With the permission of the owner, she opened up the door and sat inside.

"In 1989, Dodge came out with The Shelby CSX-VNT. This was a special version of the rather sporty Dodge Shadow, which itself had a variety of options, including a Mitsubishi-built V6 that would go on to be used in the Mitsubishi Eclipse. What made the CSX-VNT special, then, was not necessarily the color or trim, but those last three letters. You see, VNT stands for Variable Nozzle Turbocharger, and as an application on cars, it was all but unheard of. The world never saw the application of this invention outside trucks, and until the 2006 Porsche 997, it was a modification that was entirely rare. The magic of the Variable Nozzle Turbo is that it adapts to all rev conditions. This eliminates bothersome lag, and often did not require a wastegate to regulate pressure. It also delivered 205 ft.-lbs of torque at a staggeringly-low 2100 rpm! In testing, the low weight of the Dodge Shadow platform, coupled with a lag-free engine, created a machine that was agile, light, and impressively fast, with a top speed of 156 MPH. It was, in effect, a front-wheel drive muscle car without shoddy muscle car handling. And I get to take both of them for a test drive."

Brian stopped taping temporarily to fish the compact in-car cameras from his duffel bag while the owner of the CSX strapped in next to Allison.

"You ever drive one of these before?" asked the 30-year old man in the passenger's seat.

"I'm actually a big fan of installing VNTs on 4-cylinder engines. My Caterham Roadsport has one attached to a Honda VTEC." replied Allison as Brian placed the small camera on the windshield.

"This one's front wheel drive, though. Will you be disappointed in that?"

"Not at all, sir. I like doing tight courses in grippy cars."

Brian pressed the record button on the camera as Allison started up the engine. Easing the car out of its space, she taxied it over to a rudimentary autocross course lined with cones. Holding in the clutch, she built up the revs and smoked the tires before the CSX-VNT took off. The boost gauge topped out at 15 psi as Allison brought up the revs, shifting into second, third, and then fourth gear. She caned the car around a sweeping right curve before she heel-toe downshifted to take a sharp left. Another upshift into third, followed by fourth gear, before going back down to third through a sharp chicane. she then hit the final straight, where she maxed it out at 5th gear before winding it down and placing it back in its space, spinning-down the turbo as the car idled. Allison quickly moved on and took the GLHS around the same course, finishing at about the same pace. As the cars idled, she thanked the owners for the quick lap as she set about to interview them.

"These two gentlemen are the owners of these exceptional but underrated gems."

She moved to the GLHS first, its owner standing next to the open hood.

"The owner of this GLHS is James Brighton. James, pray tell, what have you done with the GLHS?" asked Allison.

"Well, I managed to keep the interior mostly stock; I bought it in 2002 in rather very good condition, only 53,000 miles on the odometer. What I did replace was the stock turbocharger and wastegate with HKS units, and I actually put in a new intercooler. It's also got an aftermarket engine management chip, so the horsepower is actually up to around 170."

"Compared to how much you bought it for, is it worth any more money now?"

"Well, I bought it for about eight grand at auction; based on the rarity of this car and its condition, It has actually been appraised and appreciated in value by about two grand."

"That's amazing! Now, is it practical as your daily driver?"

"It really depends. I'm actually a father of two five-year-olds, so my wife and I have a minivan, but days like these, I usually take them out for ice cream in what they like to call the 'Rocket Mouse'. that said, it is practical for commuting."

Allison then turned to the owner of the CSX-VNT.

"Now then, the gentleman who normally pilots the CSX-VNT is an IT boffin named Dave Valkyrie. Dave, you have a very cool surname, your family is probably full of badasses, what's your use for the CSX-VNT?" she asked, eliciting a laugh from Dave.

"Well, this one really is my daily driver. In a place like Michigan, it's a lifeline for me, and I keep it maintained so that it doesn't give up on me at the worst possible moment." replied the man.

"Anything done to it out of the ordinary?"

"Aside from just restoring the body--since I bought this used--, everything has been more or less kept the same, save for the radio, which is a little more modern, but hey, I need my tunes!"

"How much did it cost you?"

"Well. The original price for one of these was 15 grand. I bought this for about five grand and then spent three more making it nice again. In its current condition, it'll maybe fetch 7-8 g's from a collector if he's that desperate to take it off my hands."

"One more question, this one's for the both of you: Do you accept checks?"

Brian quickly stopped recording and had to chastise Allison for being wasteful with her own money, the owners smiling and shaking their heads.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 1:09

@MP5 wrote:Originally a milquetoast Dodge Omni...A Turbocharged 4-cylinder 2.2-liter engine mated to a 5-speed manual throwing out 175 brake horsepower, naught-to-sixty in 6.5 seconds, a quarter-mile time of 14 seconds, and a top speed of 135 miles per hour.
I've got a buddy who's '68 Pontiac GTO got smoked twice in a row by one of those.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 6:07

Arriving at Allen Road, Liesel and Alpha were treated to the kind of sight that Alpha himself had only seen in America's bigger cities. After what appeared to be a vagrant told them to ignore the 'Road Construction Detour' signs; Alpha and Liesel saw a gathering of motorists of the kind that would be common thirty to forty years ago. Only now, modern street tuners joined in along with the period practical muscle rides. Surprisingly, the police had not been called or were busy policing the cruise.

Just as Liesel had predicted, Alpha could not be content with just watching the drag racing along the mile long stretch as all it took was a single challenge from the owner of a replica of the white Kowalski Challenger from Vanishing Point.

After that first race, Alpha took whatever challenge came his way and in the few hours he was there became over three thousand dollars richer along with becoming a proud owner of a 1976 Nissan 280Z, 1966 Chevy Sting Ray, a 1966 Ford Mustang, and a 1969 Dodge Super Bee. The last two belonged to members of the Moonrunners.

Just as he collected his latest winnings, Alpha noticed that he had missed a call on his cell. Finding the cell to be untraceable he knew it could be only one man. Pulling up his contact list, Alpha prepared to call Fernando when he was approached by a small group of rough looking men led by one shorter than the rest.

"I hear you took some rides that belonged to my boys here," the short man said.

"Received is more like it; Eddie was it?," Alpha answered putting away his cell phone.

"Excuse me?" Eddie said.

"Your man with the Super Bee tried to intimidate me by talking big about his blower. At least your man with the Mustang had a decent enough shot by not telling me about the supercharger he had on that 402 Cleveland."

"You've already looked under their hoods?" Eddie said appearing to be insulted.

"It was my right to do so."

"Maybe so, but what do you have under your hood?"

"Nothing but old-fashioned bored-out goodness."

A chuckle could be heard in the gathering crowd of onlookers.

"Care if I take a look?" Eddie asked in an attempt of mock politeness.

"We would," Liesel stated as she went to stand by Alpha.

"I see, so what about a wager then?"

"I've made enough money and have enough cars," Alpha said in response.

"C'mon; double or nothing. I lose you can keep my ride and my money."

Reaching into his front shirt pocket Eddie pulled out a sizable roll of cash wrapped in a thick rubber band. Unrolling his money, Eddie proceeded to fan it out before waving it around. Alpha could see mostly hundreds and fifty's in the roll with a few twenty's here and there.

"If I win," Eddie continued, "My boys get their rides back and I get to take that pretty thing standing next to you for a night out on the town."

Unable to hold his surprise at such a suggestion; Alpha used a considerable amount of willpower to restrain himself from pulling his Glock18.

"So," Eddie said with a smirk, "what'll it be?"

"Take him," Liesel said soft enough for only Alpha to hear.

Looking over to Liesel, Alpha feigned a placid disposition as he wondered if he had heard Liesel correctly.

"You can take him," Liesel said again as she held Alpha's jade-green eyes with her own deep emeralds.

Nodding in acceptance, Alpha looked over to Eddie; "You're on Shorty."

"Well-well, looks like we've got a race; but we ain't doin' no drag, partner. We're going overland."

Gasps and mutters could be heard through the crowd as the unexpected development took shape.

"Here's the route," Eddie said handing Alpha a crumpled piece of paper.

"So we both go this route?" Alpha asked.

"Sure...why not," Eddie smiled. "I'll even be a sportsman and let you top off your tank before you get to the meet up."

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Fri 12 Jun 2015 - 12:41; edited 3 times in total
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 18:10

Dejectedly, Allison walked with the rest of the girls back to their vehicles. Laine attempted to console Allison's feelings of disappointment.

"Cheer up, Allie. I'm sure there's something better out there to buy."

"But it was affordable!" said Allison. "It would've cost me less than £10,000 to get such a great little car!"

"Allison, you were going to blow $9000 dollars on a jumped-up Dodge Omni. From the 80's. It may have been designed by Caroll Shelby, but the GT-500 is a better example of his work. If you're really going to get a car that will make your life miserable, have some class, at the very least."

"So then, what's next?" asked Petra, as they stood by their cars.

"Well, if we want to check out different things, we can split up. I'm gonna head up the street and check out this 'Lowrider contest' thing." said Allison.

"Can I come with you?" asked Adeline. "I heard there's a streetbike exhibition up that way, and registration is free."

"You're taking the K1200R? Adeline, I'm not sure that's such a good idea. It's a rental, if it gets damaged, there's gonna be hell to pay. You're free to cruise up there on the R100, though."

"What a bummer." replied Adeline in disappointment, heading to the Sierra to switch bikes.

"Well, Sandro and I are going to go get ourselves a milkshake at the diner." said Petra. "Sorry to leave you flying without a partner, Allie." she added as she hooked arms with her handler and sauntered off to the nearby 1950's-style diner. As she got further away, Allison, Kara, Laine, and Adeline all made gagging noises.

"Well, this is kind of a case of windless sails." said Allison. "Is Jay around?"

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 22:37

Jay was about to finish his long awaited lunch, when he noticed Petrushka and her handler, Sandro leaving Allison behind to go do god knows what. I'd better get her attention before she walks away and I lose sight of her, Jay thought as he finished his meal and wiping his mouth with his napkin before attempting to sneak up on her.

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 22:59

Making his way through the crowd, Jay was able to sneak up behind Allison and surprise her as he clamped his hand on her shoulder.

"Hey." he simply uttered.

"WAAGH!" yelped Allison as she spun around and walked straight into Jay, taking the two of them to the ground in the process. Allison managed to stop herself from crashing down on Jay, now supine, but their faces were a little too close for comfort to each other. Allison quickly turned pink in the face, Jay himself turning a little red before Allison pushed herself off of Jay and helped him to his feet before giving him a light swat on the head--at least, what she considered light.

"Ow! Jeez, sorry!" said Jay, rubbing his stinging scalp.

"Never sneak up on anyone like that! You didn't know how I was gonna react, did you?" complained Allison, still pink in the face.

"I said I was sorry, I won't do it again."

"It's all right. Anyway, you wanna ride in Catherine with me again? We're gonna cruise our way to the lowrider contest, at least you and me."

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 23:15

Damn I wasn't expecting that to hurt as bad as it did. Jay thought as he rubbed the place where the clearly embarrassed Allison had smacked his one, only to stop when he noticed that she was looking at him strangely. I need to word this in a way that would make a fool of me.

"I'm alright." Jay said with an innocent smile on his face, "I'll follow you since I'm not sure where exactly you parked."

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 23:48

"All right then, I guess that's the plan." said Allison, smiling in return. She then turned to the other girls.

"We'll all meet back at the Dyno Drags in an hour or so, then?"

"Sounds like a plan." said Triela. "You guys go have fun."

"We will. Well, at least, I will, anyhow." said Allison, entering Catherine as Jay hopped into the passenger's seat, Brian quickly handing the camera over to Jay and telling him to cover the Lowrider contest with a few shots of the cars in action. Adeline followed the flame-painted sports car out onto Fort St. as they cruised at a leisurely 5 mph up the street. Triela took note of the recent closeness of Jay and Allison.

"Hey guys," she said, getting Claes, Kara, and Laine's attention. "Aren't Jay and Allison getting awfully chummy?"

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 6 Mar 2010 - 11:54

{As Fernando and Leon take the elevator down to exit the building and head to the outdoor residential parking lot... Fernando pockets the cellphone in his pants pocket}

Fernando: See... he did not answer.
Leon: Maybe he is trouble or tied up.
Fernando: Alpha would be a pig in shit if he got into trouble... He likes action.
Leon: I seem to remember a little rag-a-muffin of a rookie agent who seemed to like getting into trouble for the same reason.
Fernando: Well, I'm not them.
Leon: I was talking about you.
Fernando: Hmph...
Leon: Almost every infiltration mission you had ended up in a shoot out. 1/2 the time you brought back evidence, it was in pieces that the lab had to reconstruct, then there is that little girl you adopted...
Fernando: You mean Rachel?
Leon: The one and the same.
Fernando: And what about her?
Leon: Though I can understand in stopping a rape in process by killing those bastards, you did not had to take her home... after she recovered in the hospital.
Fernando: As I remember, she came looking for me.
Leon: You could have said no.
Fernando: And whats your point?

(They start to walk out onto the outdoor residential parking lot)

Leon (trying to change the subject): Here she is... I had the engine blue printed and bullet proofed, everything to an exact and balanced specification. The heads were shaved .005 to up the compression, cylinders bored out so she's now a 510 from her former 495. Dual Paxton side-mounted Superchargers to add the horsies you seem to like. Emergency Nitro (NOS) system added, with tubing and wiring hidden and made to look as stock as possible. New paint and body work, seats reupholstered, interior done to factory finish, full instrumentation gauges for everything the engine can tell you. An entire communications systems on the driver side, including satellite and internet going through the standard car antenna. Double Rotor Disc Brakes front and rear, Dual Exhausts going through these side pipes, and the interior... internal panels have been fitted with both entertainment and defense systems- typical spy car accessories: Oil Slick, Smoke Screen, Caltrilp spikes, dual .17 cal mini-machine guns front and rear in the fenders, Programmable Micro AIM and MAV missles in the rear panel; clothing storage, back up and survival equipment underneath the coffin rollers, and the coffin fitted with a full kitchen and food reserve to hold you and the ladies for a month. The rear seat can fold down to a full size bed... everything restored to as she was before you wrecked it.

Fernando: It wasn't my fault it got wrecked.
Leon: You always say that.
Fernando: I was not in the car when it got totalled.
Leon: Why do you think I removed the ejection seats from your initial design... Now... are you going to call Alpha one more time to check on him or what?
Fernando: I'll wait for him to call me.
Leon: Until then, get the ladies ready and all of you wear black while riding this thing. Cops dont like pulling over hearses if they find out its carrying somebody to their final resting place.

Leon hands an envelope to Fernando. Inside was a Auto-train ticket to Detroit for 3.

Fernando: What's this for?
Leon: Consider it an order. Get back on that cross country ride and catch up with the others. I aint letting Alpha do this alone.
Fernando: You're worse than my agency supervisor.
Leon: I am your agency supervisor. Now get getting prepared before I sic Ninja (Leon's cat) on you...
Fernando: I still need my rest.
Leon: You got a choice, you can go there voluntarily or you can find yourself waking up on the train 1/2 way there.
Fernando: I swear Leon...
Leon: If your poor dead grandmother can see you now... I'd bet she'd whip that lazy ass of yours into moving into the right direction. But since she aint here, I'm doing it for her...
Fernando: You aint my poor dead grandmother...
Leon: Thats why I'm doing it for her.
Fernando: I still have to wait for Alpha to call...
Leon: Excuses, excuses... now get upstairs and get dressed and feed the girls some coffee... Or you want me to drag you up them stairs...
Fernando: I'll do it myself... Damn it I swear...
Leon: Dont you be swearing around me- young'in!!!

(Scene closes as Fernando and Leon enter the building)

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sat 6 Mar 2010 - 12:31

Liesel volunteered to fill up Alpha's petrol at the nearest Mobil station they happened upon. As she stood by the pump, Liesel noticed Alpha reach for the Zen.

"Creating a new playlist?" Liesel asked looking into the driver's window.

"Yeah," Alpha said as he flipped through the selections. "Google Maps states that the course is about twenty miles taking roughly forty-five minutes to complete. I plan on cutting that in half."

"I have yet to grasp that unorthodox time-keeping method of yours."

"What can I say; it works."

"For you, perhaps."

An awkward silence passed as the fuel continued to pour into the tank. Suddenly Alpha remembered the can of octane booster Fernando had given him. Opening the trunk, Alpha got out and retrieved it just as Liesel had finished filling the tank.

"You are utilizing it only now?" Liesel asked.

"As good a time as any," Alpha smiled. "I have to return Fernando's call after this little exhibition."

"I shall be prompt in reminding you."

"Thanks," Alpha said smiling at Liesel.

Emptying the octane boost into the tank, Alpha tossed away the empty canister and quickly entered the driver's seat with Liesel entering the passenger seat as well.

"Interesting," Liesel stated as she looked through Alpha's choices. "However, I believe the total estimated time is more than twenty-two minutes."

"I know; once that last song plays, it's my cue to go flat-out for the final stretch."

"I see."

Arriving at a nearby parking lot close to the designated starting point of the Telegraph/Van Horn intersection; Alpha and Liesel stepped out of the Challenger to be greeted by a small crowd of onlookers.

"Well, damn it all, he shows," Eddie said as he stood beside a hood-less 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner, a blower sitting atop the exposed 426 Hemi engine.

As Alpha walked over to Eddie; he stated, "You can still back out."

"Me; back out?" Eddie said before laughing along with his subordinates. "I ain't backing out over nothin'."

A moment later Eddie noticed that Liesel walked slowly around the Roadrunner taking in every detail, "Looks like your, soon to be my, woman knows what a man's car is supposed to look like. Too bad, all you've got is that cereal box prize over there."

"On the contrary," Liesel said as she moved to stand by Alpha. "I was under the impression that you had arrived with something more than a, how do you say, trailer queen?"

"Looks like I'm going to have to teach her some manners tonight. Don't worry though; you'll thank me later."

"Load 'em up," Alpha said before turning to the Challenger.

As they walked back Liesel spoke softly, "He has a late model Garrett supercharger attached to that blower and I noticed lines indicating a nitrous system."

"And he's sitting too high to do any effective cornering, thank you," Alpha said as he opened the door.

"Take him down; take him out," Liesel said as she pinched Alpha's side.

Nodding to her, Alpha pulled away toward the intersection. Taking his place on the right lane, Eddie pulled into the left. As they waited for the stoplight to change; Eddie then turned his stereo to an annoying level as his speakers belted out White Zombie's cover of Schools Out. Alpha pressed play on his Zen starting Waterfall by N2o.

Suddenly, Eddie launched from the line as the light remained red. A moment later the green light shined as Alpha launched in pursuit.

At the corner Liesel stood with her arms crossed as people scrambled to their cars to go to the Eureka/Racho intersection for the finish. At that moment a burly gentleman approached Liesel from the side.

"You know," the gentleman said, "Eddie races dirty and I have yet to see him lose an overland race."

"As the saying goes," Liesel responded, "there is always a first time for everything."

"True enough little lady. Also, he has a habit for treating his...women...a bit rough. If the worse happens I can sneak you away to wherever it is you need to go."

"That won't be necessary; but if you'll be so kind, will you drive me to the finish?"

"Absolutely, my truck is just over here."

"I thank you."

Walking up to the truck, Liesel noticed that this gentleman must have also come for the cruise as he drove a restored 1970 Chevy C-10 Stepside.

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Fri 12 Jun 2015 - 13:12; edited 2 times in total

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sat 6 Mar 2010 - 13:46

While Triela was starting gossip with the other Top Gear Italy presenters, Allison and Jay were making their way up Fort street with Adeline in tow. Along the way up to the Lowrider contest, Allison was met with cheers and thumbs up from spectators of the cruise, even smiling for a few shutterbugs that passed alongside in their own cruise vehicles. The speakers in the area were coincidentally playing Lowrider by War.

They soon turned off to a supermarket parking lot where the lowrider contest was taking place, and appropriately, Lowrider was still playing as a bumper in between entries. Allison and Adeline parked their vehicles and walked over to see one of the ongoing contests. They watched with fascination as an '85 Lincoln Town Car with a considerably elevated ride height hopped on its front wheels as some men with a moving height ruler continually measured the height of how high the front of the car got.

"What's going on over here?" asked Adeline.

"Looks like a hop contest." said Allison. "Basically, a car equipped with the right hydraulics is given time and a song to jump as high as possible on that ruler. Highest hop gets the trophy, if there is one."

"Actually, it's cash they compete for." said a Hispanic man next to them. "This isn't the only thing to see at a lowrider contest, though. There's also a 'car dancing' contest after this, so you'll want to stick around."

"Ah. Thanks for the info, man. Yo agradezco la ayuda."

"De nada, señorita. Have a good one, eh?"

As they moved away to get a better view of the contest, Adeline was a little puzzled. "I didn't know you spoke Spanish."

"It was something I had to do for my field trial, actually." said Allison. "I needed to be fluent when I was going undercover as a street gang member by the name of Maria Salazar."

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Sat 6 Mar 2010 - 19:34

Jay watched the event somewhat disinterested, I don't get what is so interesting about watching cars hop off the ground due to the hydraulics.

"So which car do you think is going to win the contest?"

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sat 6 Mar 2010 - 21:03

"I guess it would depend on who has the best hand-eye coordination." said Allison. "They use some very specific interfaces to control the hydraulics-- It can be a bank of toggle switches, a radio control module, even video game controllers, depending on what they task each button to do."

"Kinda boring, ain't it?" said Adeline, stifling a yawn of disinterest.

"It's also a test of whose car is structurally sound. These events often test cars to destruction." replied Allison.

As if on cue, on the Lincoln's next upward hop, the bumper flew off and the crowd parted as the piece of vehicle flew several feet from the bouncing vehicle. Adeline, Allison, and Jay had unconsciously ducked when it happened.

"Please tell me you caught that on tape." said Allison. Jay nodded, pointing to the recording indicator on the camera.

"Well, we got that, now let's go see a car dance."

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 6 Mar 2010 - 22:32

Kara was mostly bored out of her skull, so she joined Claes, who was completely bored out of her skull.

"I would think you'd be in heaven here," Claes noted.

"If this was Pebble Beach or Sicily, sure. But these cars are like Americans - big and powerful, but also loud and crude. I mean it's not a total loss. The late 1960's Chargers and some of the Mustangs are okay. And a few of those cars from the 50's were pretty, in their own way. But for the most part, the styling is just so…ham-fisted. It completely lacks the grace of something out of Pininfarina or Scaglietti or Carrozzeria Touring.

"Anyway, I'm going to go see if I can find some local delicacy Laine was raving about. It's called a 'deep fried Twinkie'. Care to join me?"

"Sure," Claes said and the two girls waded into the crowd moving towards the Concessions area.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sat 6 Mar 2010 - 23:36

Allison stood in front of the camera, Jay using the car dancing contest as the background for the short clip. A 1971 Cadillac Eldorado was hopping and swaying to the music being played. Its maneuvers were so quick, it was beginning to turn in place.

"Now there's something you don't see every day-- A Cadillac that's light on its feet." commented Allison on-camera. The operator of the Cadillac's hydraulics now switched the car's hops to see-saw motion jumps as assistants brought out long ropes and began performing double dutch with the car.

"Athletic, too." added Allison. Jay cut the recording seconds after Allison finished speaking.

"So do you want to go over and see the streetbike contest?" Allison asked Adeline.

"Yeah, of course!"

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 7 Mar 2010 - 0:47

Monster Burgers?
Corn Dogs?
Deep-fried Twinkies?

The cyborgs are going to need a partial memory wipe at the end of this to prevent the destruction of Italian culinary culture...
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 7 Mar 2010 - 1:30

@Professor Voodoo wrote:

The cyborgs are going to need a partial memory wipe at the end of this to prevent the destruction of Italian culinary culture...

Relax, this sort of thing will at best only be limited to the Social Welfare Agency as they bring the recipes back to the chefs. In fact, this might be the starting point for either a dark or delicious point in Carbonfiber Chef.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Sun 7 Mar 2010 - 14:39

Jay was intrigued at the prospect of what the streetbike contest would consist of.

"What is the streetbike contest going to be like, Allison?" Jay asked as he followed the two girls.

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 7 Mar 2010 - 15:06

"It's better to ask Adeline about that." said Allison. "I don't really know much."

"Allison, let me borrow your iPhone. I need to school this boy." said Adeline. Allison handed her iPhone over and Adeline quickly went on YouTube.

"Basically, it's this." said Adeline, selecting a video titled Rus-eXtrem stuntman of the best ones of the world.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 16:53

Jay watched the video in awe before stating at the end, "Wow, I didn't know that bikes could do that..."

"Lead the way girls, I can't wait to see this now." Jay stated with an eager grin on his face.

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 14:35

Finally on the Dix Highway, Alpha continues to shadow Eddie as they easily exceed speeds of 100 mph (160 kph). In the Roadrunner, Eddie begins to sweat as every attempt he takes to shake Alpha is met with minimal success at best. Approaching the final stretch of Eureka Road, he weaves between cars in a final attempt to put distance between him and that godforsaken Challenger.

In the Challenger, the opening riff from Blown Out Again by Peter and the Test Tube Babies blares out of the speakers as Alpha continues to get more focused as he gets angrier. Eddie's attempts to impede his progress have only revealed his true nature. The only thing on Alpha's mind is defeating Eddie and shutting him down.

Approaching the Eureka turnoff, Eddie grips the corner as he attempts to block out Alpha. The tires however exceed their grip limit just as he exits the corner causing him to slide to the far lane. Entering the corner Alpha quickly downshifts. Giving the brakes a quick, hard pump; Alpha sharply turns into the corner. Shifting the load to the front left tire, Alpha executes a perfect power-over drift giving him the lead as Eddie attempts to recover his speed using the rest of his nitrous in the process.

With traffic in the way, Eddie yells in frustration as he fails to spot a line giving him the lead. Even when Eureka opens up into four lanes, Eddie's Roadrunner has just enough speed to keep up, but not overtake Alpha's nitromethane-assisted Challenger. With no other options left, he moves himself in line to clip the Challenger's outer bumper causing it to spin out.

Alpha sees this and knows the technique all too well. Altheus has used it, Liesel has used it, he has used it. As Eddie feathers his throttle waiting for the opportunity, Alpha places his hand on the short-throw shifter. Just as they approach the I-75 overpass, Eddie makes his move.

"Fuck you," Alpha says as he shifts into sixth and buries the throttle into the floor.

Expecting to hit the Challenger, Eddie misses Alpha completely. Trying to cut his speed, Eddie ends up overcompensating sending his Roadrunner sliding against the right concrete barrier effectively killing any chance at victory.

Passing through the Racho Road intersection, Alpha notices the crowd lined up along the sides. Easing off the throttle, Alpha slows down just enough to notice a small group waving him into Pardee Road. Sliding into the corner once more Alpha drives up the road eventually parking in the Southland Center's lot. Parking the Challenger, Alpha lets it idle as he turns the volume up just as GWAR's Jack the World opens up.

A wave of vehicles enters the lot just as Alpha exits the Challenger.

"You sure your name ain't Kowalski?" one spectator said as he vigorously rubbed Alpha's shoulders.

Looking around Alpha finally found Liesel getting out of a Chevy C-10.

"I suppose congratulations are in order for your victory," Liesel said as she approached.

"Was there a doubt?" Alpha said as he walked to meet her.

"Not a momentary suspect thought entered my intellectual psyche."

As they embraced, Eddie finally showed up in the lot. The rest of the Moonrunners quickly crowded his car wondering what happened. Exiting the Roadrunnner the small crowd quickly backed away as anger couldn't have been a more apparent feature.

"That was bullshit!" Eddie yelled into the crowd as he approached Alpha and Liesel with the Moonrunners behind him. "There's no way this rig is some go-cart toy car. You've been sandbagging!"

Thououghly insulted; Alpha walked right up to Eddie and responded, "My winning wasn't bullshit. You leaving the line before green, that was bullshit. You trying to make up your own route as you went along, that was bullshit. The only thing that wasn't bullshit was you trying to spin me out under an overpass. That, was just fucked-up."

Coo's and whistles could be heard from the crowd as Eddie fumbled for a response marking the truth of Alpha's words.

"Keys; now," Alpha said as his hand is outstretched.

"I still say you've been sandbagging," Eddie says as he fold his arms. "So you ain't getting my car."

A moment later one of the Moonrunners pulls out a knife. While some in the crowd gasp and step back, most of the others suddenly surround Eddie and the Moonrunners.

Soon the same burly gentleman who gave Liesel a ride grabs the knife out it's owners hands and breaks the blade off the handle. Eddie may have been arrogant, but he was no fool. Reluctantly pulling the car keys from his pocket; Eddie said, "Easy come..." before throwing them hard at Alpha.

"...Easy go," Alpha responded as he caught them easily.

Placing the keys in Liesel's hands, Liesel smiles at Alpha knowing his intention of doing so. Walking to the Roadrunner, Liesel runs her fingers softly along the body lines of the classic Mopar muscle car.

"She is rather nice for a trailer queen isn't she?" Liesel said as she opened the door and stepped in.

"Or perhaps; it was her driver that was the queen," Liesel said with a smirk as she turned over the ignition lighting up the 800+ HP supercharged Hemi.

"Now, all that's left is the money," Alpha said looking at Eddie.

Reaching into his back pocket, Eddie pulls the roll he flashed earlier and tosses it to Alpha. Smiling at him as he caught it, Alpha checks the contents before pulling out a couple of hundreds and dropping them on the floor.

"Take a cab instead of getting a ride from your boys," Alpha said as he walked to the Challenger. "You'll get home faster."

Facing the crowd, Alpha said loud enough for all to hear; "I need four drivers and I'm paying fifty for five miles. Any takers, meet me at Powerhouse Gym on Allen."

With that Alpha pulled out his cell and dialed Hillshire as he stepped into the Challenger. As Alpha pulled out of the lot, Liesel turned in his direction before lighting up the tires in a fantastic burnout before following Alpha out.

"Hillshire, I need a favor."

"What kind of favor?" Hillshire asked. "And where the hell have you been?"

"Loosening up, having fun, and making some money."

"Making money? What have you been up to?!"

"Just like I said, now I need space for six cars total."

"Six cars? Why do you need space for six cars?"

"As I said I was having fun and it was fortuitous fun. Now space, please."

"I suppose this Chinese place has enough spaces, but mainly because the owner has been a dick."

"He's probably new to town, no matter. Go in and ask him if I can park my cars there and tell him I'll buy a lot if he does."

Hanging up, Alpha waits for Hillshire to call back. Ten minutes later, he does.

"He said you can, but you would have to buy something called the catering package."

"Hmm, does he have canned heat for the trays?"

"I don't know, hold on...yes, yes he does."

"Good, what comes with it?"

"You get ten trays of each item ordered for the regular; fifteen for the large."

"Nice; get the large and I want chicken chow mein, beef broccoli, orange chicken, cashew chicken...you writing this down?"

"Yes, go ahead."

"Sweet and Sour pork, Mandarin Beef...and call Liesel to she what she wants for the rest and order yourself one too."

"And you intend to share this with the rest of us?"

"Of course, tell the girls too when you get a chance. See if he can put their drinks on a tab."

"And...payment?"

"If he can wait till I get there then that's fine. If not then pay the man and I'll reimburse you cash when I get there."

"Very well, see you when you get here."

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Sat 13 Jun 2015 - 1:51; edited 1 time in total

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marder on Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 19:11

While the other cyborgs went on to check out the superbike freestyle, Adeline had a little surprise for her comrades in arms. But it required her to use the K1200 in ways that potentially breached the terms of it's rental contract that Brian took out on it. Heading back to the trailer, she put on her riding gear and got onto the bike and caressed it's side. It felt "German" to her, high quality German engineering.

"Ich liebe dich mein motofahrad," she cooed. She pressed her head up against the bike and then started it with her foot. Keeping the kickstand down, she revved the engine and smiled. "Sie sind wunderbar."

George then walked up to the trailer and stared up at his daughter as she sat up on the bike her black jacket, blue riding pants, and black riding shoes. All lined with kevlar and designed to prevent her from destroying her own body in an accident. He swallowed hard at that thought, and that his cyborg was going to be doing things that she shouldn't be doing with a 1200cc superbike.

"I guess there's no hope I have in talking you out of this?" George asked.

Adeline smiled and then put a little twist on the throttle so the bike slipped down the trailer and rode it to George's feet. She then stopped the bike and did a bar hop to face George with a smile. She held the still on bike with her arms behind her, like a charging bull held by the horns.

"Nope," she said with a smile. She then reached out and kissed him, straining to get him with her lips while holding the bike back. She then got back onto the bike and put her helmet on before turning away and leaving George behind.

Once again he sighed but this time he smiled to. His daughter may be wild, but she sure was happy.
Marder

Male

Forum Posts : 45

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl and much much more

Original Characters : Adeline, George, Jordan, Daniel

Registration date : 2010-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 19:19

"Oh, here she comes now." said Allison, Jay panning the camera towards the approaching K1200R as Adeline pulled off a stoppie and braked mere feet from the two cyborgs.

"You're seriously planning to enter that in the contest?" asked Allison.

"Yes." replied Adeline.

"Even though I told you that it would be against the contract?"

"No one has to know."

"I will know. Brian will know. The company we rented from will know, once they see the inevitable scratches. Top prize is $1000. Win the contest. I get half to pay for a cover-up or to pay the breach of contract fee. It's the least you can do."

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marder on Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 19:31

"Sure," Adeline agreed. "Besides, the bike is worth then the prize money anyway."

Adeline then zipped off towards the gate to await her entry into the corral like area set up by the metal fences. She breathed in and out heavily a few times, feeling herself sweat under the weight of all her clothing.

"Time to rock and roll," she said to herself. "Lets do this."
Marder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 19:53

Jay smiled as he brought the camera to bear on the motorbike competition.

"So what do you think are the odds of Adeline not winning?" Jay asked with a cocky smirk on his face, "Probably about the same as if either you or Sensei were to race."

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 20:57

"You'd be surprised." said Allison. "I've seen her do streetbike freestyle a couple of times. That video you saw?"

"Yeah?"

"She can do exactly that."

"You're kidding!" said Jay.

"Keep the camera rolling." finished Allison with a smile. Adeline was called up to begin her routine, and she wasted no time in showing off for the crowd. Allison inwardly cringed as Adeline gunned the throttle, bringing her legs up in front of the handlebars as the K1200R went into a wheelie. With masterful throttle control, Adeline spent five seconds in the wheelie, hands behind her back on the handlebars as she sat on the now-vertical streetbike for five seconds. Approaching one end of the performance area, she hopped up, bringing her legs back into the normal position before placing a single foot on the seat of the bike as she made a u-turn, standing on the bike as it continued its wheelie. The crowd was in an uproar, cheering her on as the two-wheel specialist continued her acrobatics.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 10 Mar 2010 - 1:08

Slowly the caravan of vehicles pulls into the parking lot of Hillshire's recommended Chinese restaurant. Facing the street, the driver's each leave one parking space between each vehicle as if to display a collection. The final two to pull in are the 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner driven by Liesel and the Dodge Challenger SRT-10 driven by Alpha.

As they exit the vehicles, each of the four hired driver's turn to Alpha. Exchanging fifty dollar bills for car keys, Alpha thanks them and sends them on their way as he is approached by Hillshire.

"You owe me one hundred and twenty-eight American," Hilshire says as he hands Alpha the bill.

Shrugging, Alpha digs into his pockets and pulls out a roll of money held together by a rubber band.

"Christ almighty," Hillshire said looking at the roll of large bills. "I think that our definitions of fun differ greatly."

"Maybe," Alpha said as he counted out the money. "Maybe not," he said handing Hillshire the cash.

"Anything done yet?"

"He just brought out the Pork Fried Rice and Chicken Chow Mein."

"Good deal."

Walking over to the series of park benches under the restaurants awning, Alpha sat down beside Liesel. Picking up a plate, he filled it with Chicken Chow Mein. Separating a pair of disposable chopsticks, Alpha was about to take his first bite when Liesel suddenly snatched them away.

"You have a phone call to return," Liesel said as she used Alpha's chopsticks on her helping of pork fried rice.

"Oh right!" Alpha said as he pulled out his phone and searched his contacts for Fernando's number.

After a couple of ringtones, the other end picked up.

"Hey Fer..." Alpha started just before being cut off. "What do you mean it's about time? Hey, I have something to ask you. Do you know where I can store five cars until we go back to Italy?"

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Sat 13 Jun 2015 - 1:55; edited 3 times in total

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 10 Mar 2010 - 18:06

"Store? What did you get and for how.... Oh, I see.", Fernando started to reply. "Keep them in my Bronx Garage until you get back, But I dont see how you are going to ship them here. Now wait a minute... Alright, I'll get the others to help out when they get here. You know that shipping is going to cost you a pretty penny... Alright, I'll be expecting them when they arrive... Tonight? Oh alright. I swear... Look. I'll see what I can do, but I wont wait for them forever. And when I leave, Leon can take over of their pick up. Leaving? Look, I'm rejoining the group because it was the girl's vacation and I have to make it up to them. Yes, I got a ride. Dont care for the Masserati, and yes- Q at the lab is rebuilding the Masserati but I'll be bringing in the Hearse. Yes, the Hearse. It will have a coffin outfitted as a frig and mini kitchen. We'll have enough to munch on while we catch up to you guys. 8:30 the latest for your rides to come here then we're leaving and Leon will take care of your babies. Detriot? By the time I get there, you guys will be a the next city. OK, I'll keep in touch... laters."

The cell phone os hung up, discounting the call.

"So, what is being put into storage inside your garage?", Leon asks.
"Some 70's Muscle cars Alpha won drag racing.", Fernando explains.
"Drag racing... You know that takes on new meanings today.", Leon says.
"I cant see Alpha running in a dress, so it was your typical 1/4mile stuff in your high powered automobile...", Fernando explains.
"8:30...?", Leon asks.
"Thats when they should get here or sooner.", Fernando answers.
"Well, you will be on that AutoTrain at 6pm or I'll put your drugged up carcass in there. I'll take care of the shipment when it arrives.", Leon explains. "Remember- you are doing this for the girls, and to back up Alpha. Now hurry up, you''re burning up sunlight..."

Fernando nods.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Wed 10 Mar 2010 - 19:26

Jay followed Adeline's movements with the camera throughout the race.

"I knew that she was good, but I never expected her to be this good." Jay stated dumbfoundedly as he continued to record the race.

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marder on Thu 11 Mar 2010 - 20:56

Meanwhile, within the corralled off area where the bikers performed, Adeline continued to maneuver her K1200. The crowd watched on in awe as she maneuvered the bike through various positions and turns. The spectators cheered her on as she steered the bike in a wheelie while standing up on the back of it, seemingly effortless. But that was not all that Adeline could do.

Stopping to bring the bike back down from the wheelie and held up her hand, silencing the crowd for a bit. The other cybors and their handlers then watched on as she did her next maneuver.

Giving the K1200 a little bit of throttle, she proceeded to go around in a circle twice before gunning the throttle towards one of the fences that the cyborgs and their handlers stood behind. Allison and Jay all breathed in and closed their eyes, thinking Adeline was about the collide with them at any moment. But the collision never happened, as now Adeline was sitting in a bar hop position while the bike was in a reverse wheelie, or stoppie, and then stood up on the front end of the bike to be able to keep maneuvering it. The crowd whistled and cheered as she took a half lap around the area before getting back in regular position.

Adeline then put the bike back into a regular wheelie and wrapped her legs around the handlebars and laid back in a "lazy boy" position for a bit as the bike when straight, and then reached up and stood back up on it's end as the bike continued to maneuver in the wheelie.

"Not much time left," she thought. "Time for one more little trick."

Gunning the throttle while she did the wheelie, Adeline then bent her knees and leaped up into the air off the bike. While in midair she tucked her chest and her legs and did a perfect back flip. Allison held her breath, waiting to see if her friend would land it. Jay watched on closely, as Adeline came down right behind the bike, on her feet, and then sprinted to grab the K1200 before it fell over.

She then took off her helmet and bowed as the crowd cheered and the announcer sounded out, "Once again ladies and gentlemen, that was Adeline Melita. Give her a hand!"
Marder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 0:07

The judges tallied up the scores as Adeline maneuvered the BMW K1200R over to a pit area where Jay and Allison met her. Immediately, Allison set to work with a magnifying glass to check for any damage. After a thorough inspection, she stood up and turned to Adeline.

"Not a scratch. I'm amazed."

"Told you I'd be careful with it. I get to keep the whole amount of the prize, right?"

"Nope. still gotta give me half."

"Are you nuts?! After that flawless performance?"

"Consider it my 'worry fee.' You're not the one renting this bike, according to the rental company. Me and Brian are."

Adeline was about to retort when the MC of the contest announced the results.

"The winner of the Streetbike Freestyle contest, with a whopping 10-point average, is... Adeline Melita, with her amazing routine on her BMW K1200R!"

"That's my cue." said Adeline, going off to retrieve her awards.

Meanwhile, Brian was perusing a collection of Ford Capris, Consul GTs, Escorts, Escort Cosworths, and Sierra Cosworths as proudly exhibited by the European Ford Owners Club of Riverview, MI. Some of them even had 'for sale' signs on them, but the price tags made him hesitate about getting one as a present for Allison's next birthday.

"$26,000 for a '95 Escort Cossie? $20,000 for an '84 Capri?! A $30,000 1979 Cortina?!" asked Brian, incredulous at the prices. "Bloody hell, what kind of pricing is this?!"

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 4:32

"Okay see you then," Alpha said waiting for Fernando's last words before turning off his cell.

Returning his attention back to his plate of chicken chow mein, Alpha grabbed another pair of chopsticks and started to dig in.

"Did Fernando supply you with sources regarding a reliable means of storage for your newly acquired fleet?" Liesel asked as she finished her plate.

"Better; he granted me space in his garage in the Bronx."

"That is convenient."

"What's better is that Leon is going to handle receiving of the delivery."

"Leon?"

"A very long-time acquaintance of Fernando's. To me, he was my Agency contact during my commission with this country's CIA."

"I see; so what shall we embark upon oh fearless slayer of the annoying morons who pilot high-powered vehicles," Liesel said jokingly as she walked toward the sweet and sour shrimp.

After taking a moment to laugh at Liesel's comment; Alpha answered, "For now, we eat. Hopefully, Hillshire is meeting up with some of the others so they might have a chance at this feast before us."

"Insatiable as always," Liesel remarked as she scooped another serving of pork fried rice on her plate.

"I could say the same in regard some of your appetites my dear."

Looking over her shoulder, Liesel flashed a sultry smile at Alpha for a moment before sitting down next to him. Smiling back at her, Alpha thanked whatever hand that fate had played in his return to Italy and the Social Welfare Agency. For had he not, it is with almost absolute certainty that he would have never met the twilight seraph calmly sitting beside him.

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Sat 13 Jun 2015 - 1:59; edited 2 times in total

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 18:44

On their way back from the Streetbike contest, Allison detoured towards the exhibit of Rosso Corsa that was the Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Detroit. Alfa Romeos of all shapes and sizes came out to be shown off to the motoring public, from classic Giulettas to modern 155's.

"Wow... It's beautiful!" breathed Allison as she looked over all of the cars in the lot, Jay panning the camera over the cars.

And then Allison found her El Dorado. Under a tent was a 1985 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 Twin Turbo modified by Callaway Cars in pristine-but-modified condition, resting on Red Metallic 17-inch Advan Super Version 2 wheels that bore a tri-spoke pattern wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 tires. This gave the older car a considerably aggressive street-racer look without being over-the-top. The real kicker was that it was for sale at a cool $20,000, depreciating considerably despite its rarity.

"Oh man, I gotta get this car! I can't call myself a petrolhead until I've owned an Alfa! I don't care if it will break down on me a lot, I will still love it because it's an Alfa."

"I see you're interested in buying the old girl?" asked the owner, hearing Allison gushing over the fabulous vehicle.

"Of course I am! I haven't lived as a gearhead until I've owned an Alfa Romeo, right?"

The owner laughed. "I like your attitude, missy. It's rare to see younger gearheads who have an appreciation for the old school. Now granted, I've made some pretty significant changes to the styling--Purists will definitely say that Advans don't belong anywhere on an Alfa, much less an Alfetta. But you know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to me, Sonia here is beautiful."

"You named your car, too? Finally, I'm not the only one! My Caterham over here is called Catherine, and back home, I have an '85 Toyota Corolla GT-S that I call Megumi and a Mazdaspeed MX-5 named Shirley."

"Goes to show you love your cars a lot. Tell you what, I'll give Sonia to you for $15,500 because I like your attitude. Even though it's rare, even though few of these were built, even though this is worth more, I'll let it go to you for less."

"Do you accept checks?"

"As long as they don't bounce."

"All right." replied Allison, taking a blank check from her checkbook and filling in the amount. "Who do I make this out to?"

"Ah, that would be 'David Thompson'." replied "Sonia"'s owner.

"You're the second 'Dave' I've met today, you know that?" commented Allison.

"Ha ha, Lots of guys in Southgate are named Dave. Must be something in the water."

"Maybe." said Allison, smiling. Jay kept the camera rolling as the transaction was made. Dave handed Allison the pink slip to 'Sonia' in exchange for a United Bank of Switzerland check for $15,500 dollars, and they shook hands over it.

"Now I was wondering if you could follow me in Sonia down to this one Chinese restaurant down the road, Dave. Sorry to say that I don't have other drivers with me who can drive stick at the moment."

"That's all right." replied Dave. "Nothing like a last cruise with the old girl."

Allison got back in Catherine as Adeline and Dave followed her down Fort street, still alive with many cruising cars. They pulled into the Chinese restaurant where Alpha's Challenger and his other new possessions were parked. After parking Catherine and Sonia, Dave and Allison got out and shook hands one last time as the former passed over ownership of the car and its ignition keys to Allison. Adeline brought out a Nikon Coolpix point-and-shoot to record the moment for posterity.

"Smile for the camera, you two!" announced Adeline. Dave and Allison were looking at the camera with smiles as they shook hands, Allison flashing a 'V for victory' sign in the picture. Dave went off back to the AROC exhibit while Allison, Adeline, and Jay went inside the restaurant, where they found Alpha and Liesel eating.

"Been busy, I see, Alpha. Nice collection you got." said Allison as she went to grab some food.

Last edited by MP5 on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 0:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed the Turbodelta to a Callaway Twin Turbo GTV6)

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 16:30

"...Thanks," Alpha said as he finished a bite. "Your drinks are on a tab so order what you will."

"Thanks," Adeline and Jay said together as they themselves walked over to the counter for their drinks.

"About how much is this going to set the budget back?" Allison asked scooping some sweet and sour pork onto one of the thick paper plates.

"The food, don't worry about it. I got it covered; and there's still more coming so don't be shy."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Thank you. We'll declare this the unofficial catering hall for Top Gear Italy's stop in Southgate."

Laughing a bit, Alpha continued to eat as Allison filled her plate and sat near Alpha to ask about the cars outside.

"How much did those outside set you back?"

"Not a dime."

"What?" Allison asked in shock.

"Well, unless you count the times I had to fill the tank."

"What exactly have you been doing these last few hours?"

Looking at Allison; Alpha smiled before stating, "Just a little fun off the Cruise is all."

"A little fun? ...Wait; you've been dragging!"

"That would be it."

"...And you didn't mind telling me? Cathrine and I would've spanked the lot of you."

"And it probably would've made for some good footage," Jay added as he sat down with his drink and plate of food across from Allison.

"Oh?" Alpha said as he raised an eyebrow to Allison. "That sounds like a challenge. Care to test Cathrine's mettle on the Mother Road?"

"Can't," Adeline said as she sat down with her drink and plate of food. "I get first crack at Allison and Catherine."

"Ah," Alpha said. "I'll just have to catch you passed the panhandle then."

"Deal," Allison smiled before remembering about Alpha's nitromethane system; quickly changing the subject after. "I glanced at those cars outside," Allison began, "but didn't get a good look at what you got."

Getting up to get another plate; Alpha answered, "I now have a 1976 Nissan 280Z, a 1966 Chevy Sting Ray, a 1966 Ford Mustang, a 1969 Dodge Super Bee, and a 1968 Hemi Roadrunner."

"Now that is an impressive fleet. Hold on, did you say a Sting Ray?"

"Yes, I did."

"I didn't see anything like what we saw earlier out there," Adeline added with a curious glance.

"I saw that; by the way, good for Laine. If I don't see her later, please tell her for me. That was a '74 Stingray; a C3 or as I like to call it; the Dirk Diggler car."

Liesel, began to softly laugh a bit at the comment. After watching Boogie Nights, she and Alpha began a week-long tirade of naming certain things and people after elements in the movie. Much to their own private amusement.

"What's a Dirk Diggler?" Jay asked.

"Not a what young man; but a who," Liesel answered.

"There was an American movie made in the '90's called Boogie Nights," Alpha continued. "And one of the main characters is named Dirk Diggler and he had a red C3 ZR2."

"Can we see it later?" Jay asked.

"I have it on DVD back at my compound in Italy," Alpha said. "I'll let you borrow it, but don't be surprised if your 'sis' wants to stop it half-way through."

"About the Sting Ray," Allison called diverting the conversation back to it's original content.

"Ah yes, now the C2 outside is a real Sting Ray. The C2's fastback styling is really appealing. Kinda like the Alfa's of Italy. Don't you think?"

With the last comment, Allison's interest was piqued.

"Can we go outside?" Allison asked already on on her feet.

"Sure," Alpha smiled as he followed Allison out the door.

Looking at the bright blue Corvette, Allison couldn't help but run her palms along the hood. and sides of the small convertible.

"She's not an original mind you," Alpha began as he talked to Allison about the car.

"Not an original?" Allison said. "A restoration then?"

"Maybe, but I think the only thing still original is possibly the body and the frame."

"How so?" Allison said as she sat in the car.

"First of all, you've probably noticed by now the six-speed shifter and that Sparco wasn't around in the '60's," Alpha said noting the steering wheel.

Laughing, Allison ran her hands across it, "I see."

Reaching in to pop the hood; Alpha continued, "And instead of the 327 that the VIN indicates she's got a ZZ 454."

"Dear sweet lord," Allison said as she arrived next to Alpha.

Allison marveled at the modern equipment done to the engine. "I like the aluminum headers, and I see an MSD ignition control, and...is that a Mass-Flo electronic fuel injection system?"

"Yes, it is. She sits a bit lower than a stock Sting Ray too, marking that the suspension has probably been redone. I haven't been able to check it yet though. Regardless though you can tell she was..."

"...built to run," Allison interrupts. "How much?"

"You wanna buy her now?"

"Yes, how much. I'll write you out a check...right now."

Knowing that he can probably get close to €60K, maybe even €70K for it back in Europe on the collector's market Alpha resisted, but suddenly he had an idea.

"I tell you what, you can have it."

"What?"

"You finance her shipping from New York to Spain, plus do a little work for me when we get back to Italy; and you can have it, no charge."

"What kind of work?"

"Driving."

"Driving, is that all?"

"As in delivery driving."

"...Oh."

"With the exception of the 280Z, I plan on selling these as American Exotics on the European collector's market."

"You sly dog, your a capitalist aren't you?"

"Lautani Real Estate isn't just a cover you know."

"What's wrong with the 280Z?"

"It's far from an original as it's got a twin turbo RB26DE."

"What, lemme see!"

After Alpha popped the hood of the primer-white 280Z; Allison folded her arms and rested her chin on them as she gazed at the epitome of Japanese speed technology.

"I was happy to win this one," Alpha remarked. "It's a straight-up sleeper. Damn thing nearly beat me in the mile."

"NO!" Allison said as she stepped away from the Nissan 280Z.

"No?" Alpha asked.

"I've already decided, I like the Sting Ray."

"So it's a deal?"

"It's a deal. Now to figure out how to tell Brian."

"Tell me what?" Brian said as he walked across the parking lot.

"Alpha's giving me a Sting Ray!" Allison yelled as she jumped up and down.

"No, no; absolutely not," Brian said.

"But Brian," Allison pouted. "He said I could have i---t!"

"You're already going to ship back the Caterham and besides...is that an Alfetta?"

"Y...yeah, I uh...got a real good deal."

"You are going to break the bank at this rate on shipping alone."

"But you're missing the point Brian."

"What point?"

"I'm not paying for the Corvette."

Tapping his boot to the pavement with a stern look had no effect on Allison as she silently pleaded before him.

"Alpha," Brian called.

"Yo," Alpha answered.

"Alpha, how much would shipping run you?"

"On the lot?"

"On a single car?"

"By Sea Freight..."

"Sea Freight? Seriously, you're shipping it by air, right?"

"Not if I plan to sell them. The Mustang is the only carbureted car in the lot. All I need is for the pressure to pop open the fuel injectors and miss a few auctions cleaning up the engines and replacing the broken parts."

"Okay, Sea Freight, then. How much is that?"

"I plan on shipping them to Spain and having them driven from there. So, all together..." After doing a quick number crunch in his head, "About 12K. The full ride to Italy would be 25K easy. After getting them to Spain, I'm using a hauling company that'll do a mass delivery for a flat 2K plus mileage. If you want I can add Allison's rides to the shipping order."

"Brian," Allison pleaded, "just think of it as an early birthday present, please!"

"Fine," Brian finally gave in, "but you're on your own for the Alfetta and 'Catherine'."

"Yay!!" Allison squealed just before glomping Brian.

"Yeah... 'Yay'," Brian said as he hugged Allison. "My wallet is crying already..."

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Sat 13 Jun 2015 - 2:19; edited 1 time in total

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 17:30

On the other side of the Rosso Corsa compound, the Pagani fratello walked amongst the cars.

"Ah, that brings back memories - mostly bad," Michele noted as he looked at a mid-1970's Alfasud Sprint coupe. "This one I have much more fond memories of," he added a few minutes later as he looked at a black 1995 Alfa Romeo GTV V6.

"That looks like the car we drove in the Mille," Kara observed, pointing to a 6C 2500 Super Sport.

"Indeed," Michele noted.

"This looks like it would be fun to drive along the Amalfi Coast," Claes remarked as she admired a 1968 "Roundtail" Spider.

"Too slow," Kara commented as she noted the 1.8 liter engine listed in the "specification plate" next to it.

Michele and Claes exchanged a private smile at the drives they'd taken together in the evening in the Gallardo Spyder up into the mountains around Rome while Kara slept or along the coast when she was paired with another fratelli for an away mission.

"This is what I'm talking about," Kara exclaimed as she walked over to a sharp-looking coupe in red with a grey roof and tan leather interior.

"Ah yes, the SZ. I'm surprised any of these made it to the States," Michele noted. "Shame there isn't an RZ roadster here, as well."

"It looks like a predecessor to my Brera," Kara commented.

"In a way, I guess," Michele said. "Giorgetto Giugiaro designed the Brera while Antonio Castellana did this one."

"I can't wait for our 8C Competizione to arrive," Kara said. "I don't care what Jeremy Clarkson says - I'm sure it will be brilliant."

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Wed 28 Apr 2010 - 9:15; edited 1 time in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 18:59

"I wonder if the others are hungry yet." quipped Allison, bringing out her iPhone. She first dialed Laine, and after a few rings, the 'Hamster' of the group picked up.

"Hey, Allison." Laine greeted.

"Hey Laine, you and Clayland get dinner yet? Alpha got us a catering setup at the Chinese place near the Dyno Drags."

"Cool! We'll be there in a few. See you in a bit, we're just finishing up browsing amongst the Mopar exhibit."

Allison ended the call and dialed Kara's iPhone. "Hey, Kara? It's Allison. Did you guys get dinner yet?"

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 19:10

"Not yet. I'm not sure there are any Michelin Star restaurants around."

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 19:19

"Well, it's not haute cuisine, but Alpha's got a catering setup for us over at the Chinese restaurant near the dyno drags. It's hard to miss; there's a '76 280Z, a '66 Corvette Stingray and Ford Mustang, '69 Dodge Super Bee, and '68 Roadrunner parked out front near Catherine and Sonia." replied Allison.

" 'Sonia?' Who's that?" asked Kara.

"You'll see when you get over here." finished Allison. "Hope you like pork fried rice and such, there's plenty to go 'round."

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum