US Road Trip Special

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: US Road Trip Special

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 21 Feb 2010 - 14:11

Being the second to last car on the line, though in familiar territory, Fernando notices that the cars in front of him are picking up speed. He presses down on the accelerator so that he could keep up with the group, keeping a whooping 75MPH on the speedo dial (at least for the moment this is what traffic allowed). If he knew exactly where everyone was going, he would stomp on the pedal to the floor and see how much of the 210 on the dial he can reach up to with a fully loaded Masserati. For now he has to be content with 4th gear at 2.5K rpm howling from the tuned exhaust, and doing "S"es along his lane to keep the tires warm.

A pack of super bikes howl past him and the group as if they were standing still, making Fernando curse out in frustration about the traffic.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 21 Feb 2010 - 14:27

"Petra, be a dear and hit the record button on the camera?" asked Allison over the howl of the wind.

"Sure." replied Petra, pressing a button as a flashing red light indicated it was recording.

"Now in a normal convertible," began Allison, her voice elevated, "the open road with the top down is lovely. This is more of a sports roadster, however, so at this speed, the wind can get a little harsh. It doesn't flow aerodynamically due to the post-war design of the Caterham. You would have an easier time tipping a cow sideways at this speed!"

Allison's eyes widened as she saw a Road Train up ahead. As they pulled alongside it, Allison had to put effort into keeping her voice calm, as if nothing was wrong.

"Fortunately, this car is still very light, so what it lacks in aerodynamics, it can make up for with power/weight ratio. I'm deathly afraid of lorries and semis, so I think I'm just gonna scoot past right now..."

Allison increased speed to 80, then 90 miles per hour as she wove through traffic, being careful to signal before changing lanes, though to other motorists, it looked like she was flashing the indicators quite rapidly, almost as if there was some sort of electrical problem. She backed down on the throttle once the semi truck and its cargo was well behind her.

MP5

Forum Posts : 1767

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 21 Feb 2010 - 14:41

Fernando gets Francesca to hold the two-way radio on transmit while he grabs the CB Mike, for all to hear.

Fernando: Breaker 1-4, Breaker 1-4. This here's Neptune and his mermaids on his rolling Trident. Anybody out there with a bear sighting?

For a second there was nothing but static, then the chatter kicked in.

Trucker 1: Hey Neptune in that Rolling Trident. In in that group of fancy imports filled with the mermaids?
Fernando: Who do you think the mermaids are?!!
Trucker 1: LOL! I see... Looks like one of your fishies just past me... As for bears, Only at the usual troll spots. You know you gots to pay that troll!
Trucker 2: Breaker 1-4, Breaker 1-4, this here's the Butcher in his rolling meat wagon. Where is Neptune heading?
Fernando: i-95 to i-280, west to that other coast before the sun rises again.
Trucker 2: Well, I just past an accident back that the interchange, so take it slow while switching. Bears are out there looking to raid Picnic Baskets! But after that, its all clear!
Fernando: Yo Butcher- that be a mighty 10-4!

Fernando drops the mike on his lap, then takes the radio from Francesca.

Fernando: Alright people, you heard the local bear report. Lets not feed the bears and keep on going!

Fernando puts down the radio, smiling when the other try to ask about the Bears...

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marder on Sun 21 Feb 2010 - 14:42

Adeline zipped along with the other cyborgs, passing by their cars and moving with a nice pace to keep up with them. American speed limits were the main reason for such, but the fact that the R100 could put out enough power was also a part in her ability to keep pace with her comrades. Meanwhile, while she drove along, she spoke into an internal mounted microphone in her helmet that connected with her helmet mounted camera.

"There is nothing in the world like going on a road trip on a motorcycle. No car will give you the freedom and maneuverability one of these babies can do. Just watch."

Adeline twisted the throttle up and the bike gained RPM, subsequently gaining speed and running up alongside Allison and Petra in the Caterham.

"There's Ali and Petra, they're just making their easy little way. What they don't realize is that I'm about to make their ride absolute hell for 20 minutes. Watch and learn."

Adeline then sped up to get just ahead of the Caterham and moved into the lane in front of Allison and Petra. The German/Italian girl smiled, the game was afoot.

Meanwhile George watched what was going on from the support vehicle with Jay. He swallowed hard. Whatever his cyborg was doing he felt couldn't end well.

Marder

Forum Posts : 45

Registration date : 2010-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 21 Feb 2010 - 18:38

Allison watches as Adeline sweeps in front of herself and Petra. She gets the urge to curb-stomp the gas-pedal again, but quickly thinks better of it.

"No... I will remain calm... I will not succumb to the urge to race Adeline just because she thinks her silly little bike is better. I will take the high road. Think mature thoughts..." she says to herself as the camera continues to roll.

****TEN MINUTES LATER...****

"Watch out! People carrier!" shrieked Petra as Allison expertly swerved to avoid a Dodge Caravan traveling unhurried in front of them. Adeline was still ahead. The convoy had since entered Interstate 80 after 17 miles on Interstate 280 where Adeline continued to goad the owner of 'Catherine' and were now beginning to streak across Pennsylvania.

Allison, consumed by the red mist, was quickly snapped into responsible driving when the Radar detector on her dashboard signaled the presence of a police radar gun or a similar-frequency device. Up ahead, she saw taillights begin to glow, and she quickly backed down on the speed as Adeline streaked farther forward. As she noticed that Allison had backed off, the wail of a police siren pierced the air as a Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Pennsylvania State Police Highway Patrol livery quickly singled her out and ordered her to pull over.

"Oh dear." said Allison with some worry in her voice. "Not even in Ohio yet, and already one of us has been nicked by the rozzers."

She then got on her radio to Clayland's Escalade. "Clayland, could you stay with Adeline and make sure she gets out of this okay? We'll meet you guys at the next rest stop."

MP5

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sun 21 Feb 2010 - 20:54

Clayland complied over the radio.

"I suppose it was too much to ask for this to be a relaxing drive. Nothing like the sound of police sirens to say 'Welcome to America.' Yeah, I'll make sure everything works out right."

He secretly hoped Laine was unaware of his babysitting. This would be an opportunity she wouldn't let go.

*Meanwhile in the GT-R*

Laine was singing along to Frau Frau - Must Be Dreaming as she cruised along the highway. Moments later, she maneuvered to overtake a slow moving Minivan. With a grin she waved at the kids sitting in the back seat. The kids cheered as they saw the car spring past and flash it's hazards.

Last edited by rusty-spring on Sun 21 Feb 2010 - 21:02; edited 1 time in total

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 21 Feb 2010 - 21:00

The aftermarket radar and LIDAR detectors on the Ferrari and Porsche had been connected to display on the SatNav, giving both Kara and Michele "bird's eye" views of the radar site as well as concealing the fact they were equipped with "defenses". Both drivers throttled down to the posted limit.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10900

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Marder on Sun 21 Feb 2010 - 21:15

Adeline looked behind her to see the flashing lights of a Crown Victoria police cruiser behind her. "Ugh the damn polezei is after my ass." She quickly turned into the shoulder and waited on the side of the road, to which a white male police officer appeared off the side of the road. Adeline smiled as her mind came up with a plan.

"LIcense and registration please," the officer ordered calmly.

"Oh sir there must be some mistake. What am I being pulled over for?" she asked innocently.

"Excuse me?" the officer asked smartly. "YOu were swerving in between lanes and traffic. That's called reckless riding Ms..." the officer took a look at Adeline's license. "Melita, Miss Melita."

"Adeline Melita to you. I'm sorry but where I'm from riding like that isn't illegal."

"Well where are you from?" Adeline then put two fingers in her mouth and ran them down from her neck to a slightly exposed portion of her cleavage. The officer followed her fingers all the way down and his face grew as red as a tomato.

"Italy," she cooed seductively. "That's why I didn't know this was illegal."

"Well," the officer said slowly. "Since that seems to be the case, a warning for now. Don't do it again and yo'ure free to go." Adeline put her helmet back on and then started up the bike again. With one quick revving of the throttle she was gone, far away from the officer and catching back up to the rest of the riders.

Marder

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 21 Feb 2010 - 21:44

Meanwhile, at a rest stop roughly 5 miles down the road, Allison had finished topping off 'Catherine's' fuel tank while Petra went to the food services area and came back out with some Auntie Anne's Soft Cinnamon Pretzels for herself and Allison. The others were also taking a break, Refueling their vehicles, stretching their legs, getting snacks and drinks, or making a pit stop in the bathroom.

"How much longer till we get to Southgate?" asked Triela, taking a pull from a bottle of Coca-Cola.

"At our current pace, we'll make it to Cleveland, Ohio by nightfall. We're all gonna need some rest despite our stamina; this trip is for pleasure and relaxation, and I think our handlers would appreciate a proper night's sleep." said Allison. "Kara suggested the Hyatt-Regency at the Arcade in Downtown Cleveland. That's within our budget, so that's where we're stopping tonight."

Just then, Adeline pulled in on her R100. She looked at Allison in a rather annoyed fashion.

"Adeline, I'm really sorry about that. I didn't have enough time to get on the radio and tell you about the speed trap. I probably would've lost anyway. Since you're probably raring for a rematch, though, I suggest we wait until we're further out west, on Route 66. Plenty of open space there, and there shouldn't be as many rozzers around. How about it?"

MP5

Back to top Go down

Post by Marder on Sun 21 Feb 2010 - 21:49

"You're on Ali," Adeline shot back. "And next time there's a speed trap, you're the one taking the heat. Besides I wasn't trying to race you, just get in front of you so you'd have to go slow."

She then chucked her helmet on the ground with a thud and walked into the bathroom to take a piss.
Marder

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl and much much more

Original Characters : Adeline, George, Jordan, Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 0:29

After listening to the others discuss their destination, Alpha reminded himself that Jay was still asleep in the back of the Challenger. Walking back to the car, Alpha knocked on the rear passenger window rousing Jay.

"Pit stop," Alpha said as Jay looked up at him through the window.

Stretching his arms overhead; Jay yawned before muttering, "We there yet?"

"Not yet, kid. We're going for Cleveland first. Then we'll see what you want to do. For now use the bathroom if you need and get something to eat or drink."

"Okay," Jay said as he slid the seat forward and stepped out.

"You need some cash?" Alpha asked taking out his wallet.

"No, Ferro gave me an Agency Credit Card."

"Oh," Alpha said under his breath, "so that's what she meant by on the Agency's dime."

"What?" Jay asked in a state of drowsy confusion.

"Never mind, put the rush on it though we'll be leaving before long."

"Yes, sir."

Just as Jay ducked into the men's bathroom, Liesel exited out of the convenience store with a bag full of snacks in one hand and drinking from a bottle of mineral water held in the other. Taking the bag as she approached, Alpha took out a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos before putting the bag down in the passenger seat.

Leaning against the car beside Alpha, Liesel noticed Adeline's R100.

"At what time did Adeline arrive?" Liesel asked before taking another sip of water.

"Just a short while, she had a few words with Allison before storming off into the bathroom."

"Do we know the precise components of the discussion?"

"No, not exactly; and I'm not going to assume anything at this point. We can't be letting the pack split up like that."

"We would be remiss to permit such a situation to present itself again."

"Agreed, static amongst the drivers is going to be a real issue if we're needed."

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Fri 12 Jun 2015 - 2:18; edited 4 times in total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 0:46

"Cor Blimey, she's upset." said Allison.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to let me drive for the time being? You're flagged as of this moment for letting the red mist come over you." said Petra, to Allison's bewilderment.

"But, I-- That was--" stuttered Allison, trying to come up with an excuse.

"Just hand over the keys, Allie." said Brian. "At this rate, Petra could use a turn, and for the moment, she's a more responsible driver than you."

These words were arrows in Allison's heart, coming from her brother. "Fine," she said, tossing the keys to her redheaded co-driver. "Just some simple notes: go easy on the steering-- this thing's sensitive enough that merely looking where you want to go will do half the work of guiding this thing. Second, don't be as stupid as I was being with Adeline. Finally, make sure that when we get there, you let the turbo spin down. You shut it off right away, and the oil cuts off while the turbine is still spinning at high speed, that's gonna cost you some money to fix. Got all that?"

"Yes, Allison. I know; be careful with your baby, easy on the steering wheel, don't be a yob behind the wheel, and let her purr for a couple minutes before turning off the ignition." replied Petra dismissively. "Might as well get in already, girl. We got some miles to burn up."

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 0:56

Kara handed the keys to the 599GTB to Claes when she returned from her restroom break.

"What are these for?" she asked, looking at the keys as if seeing such an object for the first time.

"It's your turn behind the wheel," Kara noted.

"But you like to drive," Claes replied.

"I know, but I also like to relax and I miss Michele so I want to ride shotgun with him for awhile. It's all highway miles, so just tuck in behind us and follow our lead."

"Kara, I have only logged a few hundred kilometers," Claes protested.

"Compared to the Autostrada, this has been a cakewalk. People drive slow and the lanes are nice and wide. I'm sure you'll find it relaxing."

"Relaxing...sure..." Claes groused. She opened the door and sat down, pressing the memory recall button and waiting as the seat moved to her driving position.

Kara meanwhile dropped into the right-hand passenger seat of Michele's Panamera Turbo.

"Damn, this thing sure looks nicer on the inside than the outside," she remarked as she admired the soft leather, rich wood and polished aluminum switchgear.

"It drives pretty well, too. I should be able to keep up with 'Lead Foot Johansson'," Michele replied to which Kara guffawed.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 2:12

Laine sat against the GT-R and watched as Kara and the others switched drivers. Clayland walked over to where he handed her a bottle of water.

"I suppose it would have been nice if we shared a vehicle hmm?" He inspected her car, which despite her heavy driving, seemed no worse for wear so far.

"Yeah, I really should have thought it through. I'm not big on sharing, but driving this long can really wreak havoc on your shoulders." Clayland nodded towards the looming black SUV behind him.

"Wanna trade? The Cadillac probably has a smoother ride." She thought for a moment, then grinned.

"Tsk, a gentleman would have offered a neck massage, not an American gas guzzler." Before he could respond she gave him a smirk and pat on the back. "Don't dawdle Clay, looks like we're making tracks again." Leaving Clayland standing there with a quizzical expression, she reached inside the car and grabbed her radio.

"Hey Kara, how much further until we get to a hotel? I could really use a soak in a jacuzzi."

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 10:39

Kara picked up the walkie talkie.

"SatNav says about 450 miles. And Michele snagged the VIP Suite so we have our own jacuzzi tub to soak in and sip 'champers'."

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 14:19

Jay returned from the bathroom, and noticed Alpha and Liesel talking by the Challenger. Walking over, the teen's stomach growled, surprising him and announcing his presense.

"So what's the plan, sensei?" Jay asked eagerly as he pulled a can of Barbecue-flavored Pringles from the snack bag.

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 17:17

"First; stop calling me sensei," Alpha said knowing full-well the futility of the request. "Second, we're heading to Cleveland,Ohio with rest stops along the way."

"Okay," Jay said as he popped another Pringle in his mouth. "Do I get to drive?"

"No," Alpha and Liesel said in unison.

Taken aback by the sudden rejection, Jay continued to eat his Pringles after a minute.

"I tell you what you can do though," Alpha said with a smile. "Liesel?"

Handing Alpha her mineral water; Liesel climbed into the passenger seat. While propping herself up with one knee Liesel then pulled out a small stack of papers folded in half from the glove compartment.

"What is this?" Jay said as Liesel handed him a red pencil and the small stack of papers.

"Homework?" Jay asked confused.

"That which you now hold are drawn diagrams of various forms of electronic circuitry," Liesel said as she took her water from Alpha and leaned against him.

"You drew these?" Jay asked as he looked them over. "These are...really good."

"You shall have no leniency with flattery young man," Liesel said as she pulled a multi-color pen from Alpha's side pocket.

"Those are typical circuit boards and wiring harnesses you find connected to explosives," Alpha said.

"Mark a red X where you would cut and a blue O where you would attach a connector," Liesel said handing Jay the pen. "I personally shall be grading you on said efforts upon your completion."

"It is pass/fail only," Alpha added. "Because if you were to encounter such a situation in the real world...you fail, you die."

"But...homework?" Jay pouted. "I'm supposed to be on vacation."

"But we're not," Alpha said.

"As we are on assignment so shall you be during the duration that you are in our company," Liesel added.

"Aw; man," Jay said in a final attempt at resistance.

"Enough whining," Alpha said in a stern voice that Jay was all too familiar with. "You have until the next stop to finish the first two. Failure to finish those will automatically fail you for the rest. Are we clear?"

"Crystal...sir."

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Fri 12 Jun 2015 - 2:27; edited 2 times in total

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marder on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 18:35

Adeline emerged from the ladies room to be confronted by George holding her blue and white streaked helmet in his hands. It was dusty but there were no cracks or nicks on it so it seemed okay. Despite that, Adeline didn't feel confident in the belief that he wasn't mad.

"I told you not to leave this around! It was 400 dollars and one investment I don't want to know if it pays off or not. Yet you just throw it around like a toy!"

"I know," Adeline said as she looked at the ground. "I'm sorry."

"God what am I going to do with you sometimes," he said. He then embraced his cyborg in a hug, his girth pressing into Adeline as she tried to wrap her arms around his 210 pound body. "I love you but don't do stupid stuff like today."

"Alright padre," she replied. "I'm sorry." She then took her helmet from his hands and walked back to her bike. After getting onto the R100 and starting it, she rode up alongside Allison and Petra and lifted up the visor before stopping next to them.

"Listen," she said. "I'm sorry about flipping about before you know don't meant to be an embarassment." Balancing the bike with her feet Adeline reached out for Allison's hand. "We still friends?"
Marder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 19:55

"Yeah, we are." said Allison sheepishly, accepting Adeline's hand. "That was my fault; I should've had more self-control back there. I didn't know you weren't trying to race me."

The brunette Caterham owner then smiled. "Well, at least it's typical Top Gear behavior. This'll be fun to note of when we're doing voiceovers in editing."

Brian quickly called their attention before they left, asking Claes, Allison, Triela, Liesel, and Laine to hop out real quick. They noted he was carrying five CB radio sets.

"Girls, Fernando gave me a right good idea. Allison, this is especially for your own good; You'll be encountering truckers everywhere on this trip, it's unavoidable."

"So you want me to be able to talk to them?" asked Allison apprehensively. "I don't wanna get stalked by some beer-bellied lorry jockey..."

"That's what call signs are for, Allison, and Truckers are a largely helpful bunch. Anyway, ladies, here's your CB sets. The Top Gear Italy presenters on this trip are now rolling with call signs us handlers thought up relatively quickly, but you can change 'em if you want. Allison, I assigned you and Petra the callsign 'Union Jackie.' Claes, the Ferrari shall be 'Yellow Bird' from here on out. Laine, Clayland and I came up with 'Samurai' for the GT-R, and Triela, you're now 'Silver Princess.' Liesel, since you and Alpha aren't presenters, you guys get to pick your callsign."

"What about Adeline?" asked Allison. "She's a presenter too, sort of."

"No space on her bike." said Brian. "Don't think she'd like it, anyway. Before we go, guys, get on the same channel as Fernando, which is Channel 14."

With that, the group dispersed and quickly installed the radio sets in their cars, plugging them into the splitters that were already powering multiple devices from just one cigarette lighter port. Allison in particular flew a UK flag from the tip of her CB aerial as they pulled out of the rest stop. She quickly put her CB skills to the test, having some passing knowledge of the language.

"Breaker 1-4, Breaker 1-4, this is Union Jackie. Anyone out there see Smokey?" asked Allison with trepidation.

"Hey, Union Jackie. This here's Butcher in his rollin' meat wagon. Say, are you swimming with Neptune and his Rolling Trident?" replied a friendly, upbeat voice that carried a hint of southern twang.

"Big 10-4 there, Butcher." replied Allison, her nervousness waning. "Say, you got anymore bear sightings for us?"

"Like I told Neptune, just in the usual places. I reckon I saw a crotch-rocket cowgirl feeding a bear, though, 'bout a nickel before the rest stop."

"She's swimming with us, Butcher. Kinda my fault. Leastways, she got out of it without actually feeding the bears."

"Y'all be careful now, Union Jackie. Smokey don't take too kindly to Speed Racers 'round these parts. Say, how many candles you burning, anyway? That friend of yours looked kinda young."

"Ha ha, Not enough candles for you to lick frosting from, Butcher. Sorry." replied Allison playfully.

"Aw, sh-shucks, Union Jackie, I didn't mean anything like that!" stammered 'Butcher,' embarrassed at the implication.

"That's all right, Butcher. Say, you really rolling in a meat wagon? That's slang for ambulance, ain't it?" asked Allison.

"10-74, Union Jackie; I'm actually piloting a Pete hooked up to a reefer. And that's a big 10-4 on the slang check, lil' lady. Listen, Y'all have a safe trip now, you hear? I'm gone."

"10-4 and 13-5, Butcher. Union Jackie gone." finished Allison, replacing the handset in the cradle.

"So, you feeling better about lorries now?" asked Petra as she drove.

"I still tense up around them, but it seems like the drivers here are a real nice and professional bunch."

Last edited by MP5 on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 21:32; edited 1 time in total

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 20:40

Jay accepted the diagrams and the pen from his teacher's hands. Man. Homework, this is crap. He thought as he studied the schematics, from the back seat of the Challenger.

He's eyes grew wide for a moment, Crap! This looks like the circuit board for almost any cheap calculator, he thought in a panic as his mind began to race...

Okay, calm down. He told himself, Panic leads to mistakes that can cloud your judgment and get you killed. He remembered as he set the Pringles can down. Explosives need a ignition source to detonate, if you deny it an ignition source all that is left is the chemical potential energy. So therefore the logical choice would be to sever it at either the detonator or the power supply. He thought as he started to put a red 'x' by the power supply, What a second! That would be too easy. Some bombers add a fail-safe so if the primary detonator is disabled the bomb would still explode.

He looked down at the schematics, This would be so much easier if I had a mock one to study, Damn...

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 0:09

Fernando pulled into the gas pump to top off the Masserati's tank. The girls ran into the rest room to attend to their girlie needs. Fernando thinks he can hold out for a few more hours until the next rest stop.

Fernando walks up to Alpha and leans to him, whispering. "Aint you being a bit tough on the boy?"
Alpha: He needs to learn more than just being a clothes model for Priscilla.
Fernando (trying no to laugh): Well, we should be resting. (He hands him a bottle of Manhattan Special) Drink it up, and dont give it to the boy unless you want a hyper active preschooler in your back seat.

Alpha looks at the bottle for a moment.

Alpha: I'll save it for later.
Fernando: Suit yourself.
Alpha: You being your usual self or are you expecting trouble?
Fernando: My usual self is expecting for trouble. Why do you ask?
Alpha: Hmmm...
Fernando: Alright, time to shove in the octane boost.
Alpha: Octane Boost?
Fernando: You expect these joe blow gas stations to be honest with their gas? I learned a long time ago not too. It also keeps the water these idiot stretch the gas with from injuring the engine.

Alpha looks at the bottle of Manhattan Special and then tries to give it back.

Alpha: How about a trade?

Fernando hands him a bottle of Octane Boost.

Fernando: I dont take back what I give away. So dont confuse the Octane Boost for soda and the soda for octane boost. I'll see ya's on the road.

Fernando walks back to the Masserati, disconnecting it from the pump, and adding a bottle of octane boost to the mix. His girls walk out of the bathroom and get in the car. Fernando pulls away from the pump to let the next one in line to fill up.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 3:50

minor point,you can't lock off gas pumps in europe you have to stand there holding them,it prevents static causing fires !

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 10:55

@Awinnell wrote:minor point,you can't lock off gas pumps in europe you have to stand there holding them...

Looking like a teapot:

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 14:15

@Awinnell wrote:minor point,you can't lock off gas pumps in europe you have to stand there holding them,it prevents static causing fires !

US States each have different laws concerning that. In New York (I think the cast has passed out of there already) the locks are illegal. In neighboring New Jersey self-service is completely against the law...you must have an attendant top you off (a harrowing experience on a motorcycle, sitting there and hoping your inexperienced pump-man doesn't overflow the tank and drench your balls in 93 octane).
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 15:11

@Professor Voodoo wrote:In neighboring New Jersey self-service is completely against the law...you must have an attendant top you off (a harrowing experience on a motorcycle, sitting there and hoping your inexperienced pump-man doesn't overflow the tank and drench your balls in 93 octane).

Oregon also has "attendant service only" gas stations, in my experience.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 15:42

In the Midwest, we get the pump locks and can self-serve. Any place around here that has attendants have that atmosphere of a 1950's Phillips 66. A man in stripped overalls comes out in an engineers cap and asks you "How's the missus" while offering you a glass bottle of Coke and if you've seen the last Clark Gable film.

I always find it humorous though when family from NJ comes to visit they have to have the locals help fill the tank because they don't know how gas pumps work.

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 16:14

@rusty-spring wrote: Any place around here that has attendants have that atmosphere of a 1950's Phillips 66. A man in stripped overalls comes out in an engineers cap and asks you "How's the missus" while offering you a glass bottle of Coke and if you've seen the last Clark Gable film.

Now that would be a great stop for your road-trip story. The cyborgs pop in for gas and an all-important re-supply of modern snack foods, but find no such thing. As a group of 18 & unders, they have no idea what they've stepped into, and no clue who Clark Gable is.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Marder on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 18:45

Freely moving between traffic, Adeline enjoyed her ride from then on out. She often stayed in the lead of the others, her motorcycle able to move at a quicker pace then the rest of them on the road but she did drop back most of the time to keep herself within the speed limit. In her mind though, she came up with another fun driving game.

Driving up alongside the Caterham on Allison's side, she pointed to a truck up ahead of them in the lane she was in. She then made an arm pumping gesture which Allison looked at perplexedly and then Adeline rode off. George saw this from inside the support vehicle and his eyes grew wide.

"What the hell is she doing?" he asked himself quietly. Meanwhile though, Adeline pulled up alongside a trucker and pumped her left arm up and down a bit, to which the trucker responded with two honks of the horn before she zipped along on her way.
Marder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 18:54

Kara looked up from her iPhone as she heard the truck honk it's horn.

"What's his problem?" she asked, not seeing anything untoward going on.

---

Behind the Panamera, Claes drove with white knuckles. Every minor prod of the throttle brought forth a surge of acceleration and she'd drop back from the Porsche, goose the throttle to close up, then have to lift as she came closer than she had planned.

The bellow of the truck horn caused her to involuntarily jump and her head snapped around as she looked for a looming lorry as new horrors to unleash on Kara bubbled up into her consciousness.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 20:24

"So that's her game, huh?" Allison saw. "Petra, why don't you--"

"No, Allison."

"Aww."

Thankfully, the remainder of the trip to their evening stopover in Cleveland was uneventful. Partially worn-out by the day's drive, after the group checked in, Allison came up with an idea.

"Ladies, if the jacuzzi is big enough, what would you all think of making a 'Day 1 progress report' for the special as soon as we change into our bathing suits? It's a little more 'Old-school Top Gear', but for the purposes of being factual and entertaining, it suits our purpose nicely, wouldn't you agree?" suggested Allison. Petra was in full support of this idea, the showperson's blood in her veins motivating her to nod and agree.

Brian palmed his face, partially hiding a blush. "Dear lord, she's suggesting fanservice."

"Hey, did you really buy her an Imola Red Scuderia Ferrari 2-piece Bikini?" asked Sandro as an aside.

"How the hell did you know that?" whispered Brian in a hiss.

"Petra's her roommate, remember? She always takes note of new things in their closet, and if she sees something that's not hers, she can only deduce that it's Allison's."

"...y-yeah... I bought it for her. So what?"

"Nothing. Just confirming. By the way, I saw it online, and I think the prancing horse badges on the cups of the top and the Scuderia Ferrari logo on the rear of the bottom piece are a really nice touch."

"Keep your eyes off my little sister, Ricci." scolded Brian tersely. "Besides, Petra would kill you if she caught you looking at Allison in a bathing suit--assuming I don't get to you first."

Last edited by MP5 on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 0:24; edited 2 times in total

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 20:55

-Earlier-

With Liesel now behind the wheel, Alpha handled the navigation as he recalculated the GPS for Cleveland, Ohio as planned.

"Why did you not contribute the bottle of octane-boost into the petrol tank that Fernando provided?" Liesel asked curiously as she noticed the Alpha store the bottle into the glove compartment.

"I'm saving it for later," Alpha replied as he returned his PDA to the dash-mount.

"Fernando was correct in his assessment; I shall not trust these merchants to be honest with their wares either."

"I'm not saying he wasn't right. It's just that we've already got nitromethane dripping into the tank. I wanna break her in a bit more before we start opening her up."

With her eyes widening a bit more; Liesel drummed her fingers on the steering wheel for a moment before speaking, "Nitromethane?"

"Yup," Alpha answered as he settled into his chair.

"Are you bloody well serious," Liesel said as she throttled down. "This behemoth is running nitromethane? Have you beyond a shadow of all possible doubt lost your mind?"

"First of all, this car is nothing compared to the land boat we drove in the Gumball."

"...That Cadillac was indeed more comfortable than it had any right to be though."

"Second, we're not running it pure. At best we're running five percent max."

"Five percent is still substantially considerable for a common combustion vehicle."

"That's why I had them give this car the GTS-R treatment. Your run to Yankee Stadium proved that the car could hold together without the nitromethane. Trust me Liesel, this is no common combustion vehicle."

"I see. And you are certain that we are going to be safe with...that in our petrol?"

"Absolutely, the tank is digitally set to drip 1mL every twenty seconds. Because of the nature of nitromethane it's actually giving us an extra ten miles per gallon. Plus I have an anti-purge kit installed to prevent too much from getting into the tank. We'll be fine."

"Truly?"

"Yes," Alpha said as he held Liesel's right hand. "Do you think that for a second I would let you in a car that I didn't think was safe?"

"No," Liesel said as she returned Alpha's tender grasp. "Of course not. However, it would have been my desire for you to notify me of that at an earlier time."

"I know, and for that I apologize. We were in a hurry and it completely slipped my mind."

"I understand, now release my hand and allow me to drive."

Smiling at her tenacity, Alpha planted a single kiss on her knuckles before he settled into his seat once more.

Overhearing the exchange, Jay noticed the mention of nitromethane concerned Liesel so much that he became curious as to what it was. Having no spare paper to write on, he wrote the assumed pronunciation on the inside of his forearm to be transferred to notes at a later time.

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Fri 12 Jun 2015 - 2:39; edited 2 times in total

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 22:19

@Awinnell wrote:minor point,you can't lock off gas pumps in europe you have to stand there holding them,it prevents static causing fires !
There are some in the USA that also do that... but there is a trick... Use the Gas Cap to hold the lever in place Evil

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 23:02

@ElfenMagix wrote:Use the Gas Cap to hold the lever in place
Spoken like a true New Yorker!
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 12:56

Following the pack, Fernando turns on the radio to Q-104.3 FM. Keeping the pace at just under 75MPH, the station plays "A horse with no name", by America.

He thinks what to write about in his Masserati Review for Car and Driver.

"With all the amenities and power, it is still just a car. A comfortable ride, stiff when it needs to be and soft when it should be. The V8 growls when it needs to show off its power but purrs along at highway speeds. Acceleration pins you to the seat when you stomp on the gas pedal and power is instantaneously put to the ground from the wheels like, the first hill on a fierce roller coaster ride. This is no space shuttle, but it is still a people transporter. It is capable of going its job and do it in style and grace that only a Masserati can. Its price tag is a bit steep for the average man, but this car is not for the average man. It is for those who can say that "I Have Arrived." It comes complete with Masserati's life time factory and dealership service; Lifetime meaning as long as you own the car, they will service it for free... at least this is what I was told. No other car, other than perhaps a Morgan has such a plan- as most only give 5 - 10 years of service. Does this mean that those cars are expected to live 5 - 10 years? What if you end up owning it into it classic years? You are basically stuck with a bucket of bolts which parts will be hard to find and you have to service yourself. Not so with the Masserati, they will take care of it for you for as long as you own it.

Unfortunately, I have not pushed the car to its upper limits... How can I, these Nu Joisey Highways are too unsafe for such performance driving tactics. But as soon as I hit a 100 mile strip of clean asphalt, I'll let you know how this baby handles."

Rachel: When can I drive?
Fernando: When I decide you can.
Rachel: Aww....
Francesca: Aren't you tried?
Fernando: Nope... Rachel, hand me another bottle of Manhattan Special.

He goes through the built in map in his head...

Fernando: Francesca, Verify the following...
I80 (Mid Jersey) -> I195 (to Trenton NJ) -> 129 (Trenton NJ) -> 29 (Trenton NJ) -> RT1 (to Pennsylvania).

Francesca looks over the map book, tracing her finger through the highways and byways, until she gets the path he had stated.

Francesca: Yeah, its there... But, its I95 to I195, not I80.
Fernando: OK. Thanks for the correction. I'm going to have to notify others before they make that turn onto I80 on the Interchange...

Fernando picks up the agency radio.

Fernando: Yo Peeps! Stay on I95 South! Do Not Get On I80!
Allison: What for?!!
Fernando: Unless you want to get lost, We can take I95 to I195, then on a couple of minor highways and onto Route 1 USA! Once on that, Pennsylvania and the rest of the Western States, we will be going West Bound!

Silence on the radio as the drivers confer with their shotgun riders/map readers.

The radio becomes alive with a comment from Alpha...

Alpha: But we're already on I80!
Fernando: D'oh!

Francesca continues to finger through the map, seeing I80 going north along New Jersey enters Pennsylvania further down... Eventually It is a longer route but it will get them there. She grabs the mike from Fernando's hand.

Francesca: Its OK. We can stay on I80 and it will take us there, but it be a longer ride... adding 100 miles to the trip. That's all...
Allison: You all hear that! Continue on with I-80!

One by one the cars start to pull away slightly as they push the speedometers past 80mph. Fernando taps on the accelerator just a tad to keep up.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 14:13

"Is he going to Cleveland with the rest of us?" Michele asked, rhetorically, as he examined the Porsche's SatNav display which showed Interstate 80 running directly from NYC to Cleveland.

Kara, consulting a Thomas Guide atlas, shook her head. "Damned if I know where those roads are."

The Porsche's audio system noted an incoming call from Claes and Kara pressed the button to answer.

"The SatNav says I'm supposed to follow I-80," Claes voice boomed from the speakers, causing Kara to crank down the volume. "What do I do?"

"Stay with us. We're using I-80," Michele ordered. He ended the call and picked up the walkie-talkie.

"Neptune, this is Wolf," Michele said, having chosen for his "CB name" the registration of his Piaggio P-180 - I-WOLF. "I understand you're from this area, but we're not and I feel more comfortable proceeding direct via Interstate 80. 'Yellow Bird' concurs with our decision.

"Now, if Lead Foot Liesel would kindly let us know her position, we'll close up and we can convoy together."

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 17:46

{By now evreyone should notice (but not know why) that everytime they pass a rest stop or gas station that serves food, the radar detector lights up. Reason, Microwave emissions from their microwave ovens leak out a lot of radiation. This does not affect ladars}

Fernando: This is Neptune. Wolf, I was thinking that in taking I95-> I195-> -> -> to USA RT1, we could save a hundred or so miles of NJ Highway. But since we're committed to I80 now, might as well stay with it. (as he looks into his driver's door reveiw mirror) Aww damn.
Michele: What is it, Neptune?
Fernando: I see in my review- a double trailer hauling tractor coming up fast.
Alpha (last car on the line behind Fernando): Yeah, I see it. Looks like he's doing 100 easy.
Fernando: We got a choice, we can let it pass us or make sure it never does.
Triela: What's the problem?
Fernando: Those things are a major source of accidents. At high speeds, they displace and shake up a lot of air and take forever to pass because they are the size of a small train.
Triela: Sounds to me like you're scared, oh King of the sea...
Fernando: Alright then- let it pass us and you'll see what I mean.
Triela: Neptune's scared of Lor*...!

Triela's radio goes dead. Fernando keeps checking on the review, keeping an on on the double tractor trailer closing in. Though the difference between the convoy's speed and the truck's speed is only 20 miles per hour, there is a big difference when the speeds are running near triple digits. Fernando twists his palms and fingers tighter against the steering wheel as it approaches Alpha's Challenger. Soon it slowly pulls up along Fernando's Masserati, and all along the line.

The cars bouce and sway on their shocks as the once clean air their areodynamics were slicing through turn into waves of turbulance. The worse to get is Triela's Land Rover, being so big, it gets hit the hardest by the air waves. She does her best and keeps the Land Rover tracking a straight line, but the double tractor trailer was as long as the group's convoy. Adeline sees how bad the cars were taking to the air buffetting from the massive double trailer, and knows that she being on a bike would not survive the ride. She leans closer to her motorcycle body and twists the handle as far as it can go, shooting off from the line of cars of the convoy. She ignore the brief flashing red light of her mini radar detector.

Allison, being up in front was recieving the minimal effects of the air waves buffetting against her vehicle, stomps on the gas pedal to catch up with Adeline who was slowly disappearing in front of the road in front of them. As Allison starts to pull away, so do the others, as speedometer dial needles swing to the right, reaching 100 and beyond. This only extends the stay they must deal with the double trailer who is content not to allow a convey or forgien tourists pas him. But he does not have a choice as smaller more powerful engines begin to roar and the cars start to pull out from beside him. The last two, Fernando and Alpha pass him at over 120 and gaining speed. No one seems to notice a tiny exit sign saying "Shades of Death Road" [Google Map it with: 'Shades of Death Road I80']

The much larger sign denotes that NJ/Penn border at the State Forest and Park Area was another 15 miles. At their current speed, they would reach it in 5 minutes... From Yankee Stadium to this point, they would have travelled over 210 miles, mostly across New Jersey. Most will be happy to be leaving it. With tanks reaching between 1/2 and 1/4 full, time for another rest stop.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 18:35

guys, I think we've run into a bit of continuity goof here... When I made the post at the first rest stop where Allison is 'flagged' for reckless driving, they were already in PA. Why are we suddenly in NJ again, just crossing into PA?

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 21:21

Okay, let's just have Elfen's post take place earlier and we will now assume we're all in Cleveland at the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade.

Michele and Kara have the VIP Suite with an adjoining King room for Claes to sprawl out in.

As for the team:

Kara is down in the hotel jacuzzi, soaking. Claes is in the suite, reading. And Michele is in the bar, drinking.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 21:49

Lets stop for a second and figure this out...

1) No one stated how long they were driving. To be at PA at 80MPH from Yankee Stadium would take slighty over 3 hours. This is through the shortest route of I95 - I195. Using I80, it would take about 4+ hours because it add 100 miles to the trip.

2) I'm assuming that the first rest stop would be near at the I95/I80 interchange.

3) No one (except for me) is making note of what roads are being taken and what changes are being made.
-Mistake here, OK MP5 posted some times and locations but... WHAT THE...???
The convoy had since entered Interstate 80 after 17 miles on Interstate 280 ...
Where did you get that from? From Yankee Stadium to the GW Bridge, to I95 takes you stright to I80! Further more there is 200 miles of New Jersey highway to go through before you hit Penn., no matter which route you take! In looking at Google Maps- 280 is short, like you stated but it is in New Jersey (From Kerny NJ to Pinebrook NJ)- not Pennsylvania. You still have 190 miles of Joisey to go through! There is no way this could have happened unless you Warp 1 across NJ and into Penn.

I'm trying to keep it real, looking at maps, doing time calculations and EMPGs. According to GeoByte City Distance Tool; it is 74 miles between Bronx NY and Stroudsburg PA; that is you are flying in a straight line between the two points. On the road, since there is a lot of twists and turns, its about 200 miles. Furthermore, I know ppl who live in PA, and work in NYC, and they say its a 3 - 4 hour commute between where they live and work, and they drive between 55 - 75mph. At best estimate, once you hit NJ from NY, you have over 100 miles of driving before you hit PA. I'm calcualting over 150.

You know... after a lot of hard thinking... I'm out of here.
This is the second RP Sencerio this place has had where I am quitting because ppl are not keeping it real...

The convoy had since entered Interstate 80 after 17 miles on Interstate 280 where Adeline continued to goad the owner of 'Catherine' and were now beginning to streak across Pennsylvania.

This is not possible. And since some want to play the impossible... Good day!

Being the sore loser he is, Fernando takes the girls to the nearest parking lot/bus stop and gather their belongings. Once on the buss, he call police to go pick up a 'stolen Masserati'. Once he end that call, he makes another all to the Masserati's communications system, and activates a bomb in the gas tank. The police come to find a flaming wreck where the Masserati once stood. Fernando and the girls arrive home in NYC 5 hours later via bus. There he stays home, hopefully not to be bothered.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 22:30

My bad, Elfen. Look, I was going off of what Google maps told me. Where I got that "17 miles" bit is from instructions 11 and 12 from this:

the map that google gave me via I-80

I apologize if I pissed you off by not keeping it realistic, but I wasn't necessarily going to go into detail. I was making conjectures about travel time.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 23:56

"Alright, time to eat these miles up." Laine said as she drove down the highway.

*____ of hours/minutes later after driving ____ miles...who knows, a Wizard did it*

"Oh? Finally at the hotel?" Laine pulled up to the entrance and tossed the keys at the valet. "Clay, I'm gonna go get changed and find a hot tub."

After changing into her swimwear, Laine went on the prowl. Soon she found her target.

"Finally! A warm soak." Laine raised her arms in triumph as she made a beeline towards the jacuzzi. "Don't take all the jets Kara, my back is killing me."

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 0:27

The show must go on....

Allison, Petra, and Triela joined Kara and Laine in the hotel Jacuzzi. Despite her original intent to relax, Allison dejectedly sunk into the water, her head quickly submerging below the surface with no regard as to being able to breathe. Petra rectified this by quickly pulling Allison up by the strap of her Ferrari bikini top and above the surface of the roiling water.

"Hey Allie, don't drown yourself, now. What's the matter? asked Petra.

"I ruined the trip for Fernando and his girls." sulked Allison. "I just got a call from Rachel-- they're back in NY. Apparently, Fernando wasn't too pleased with the fact I'd been too much of a loon and left him in the dust, so the next rest stop they arrived to, they boarded the nearest bus and headed back to NYC. On their way back, the Maserati they were driving in was remotely destroyed. Thanks to me, Rachel and Francesca are spending the rest of their time off wherever Fernando decides, and a Maserati GranTurismo S Automatic is now a burning hulk that's left some NYPD folk very confused. Some start this trip is getting off to, huh?"

"Allison, don't beat yourself up over it." said Triela. " This trip was our idea; and Top Gear Italy is the main focus of this trip. Fernando and the girls, Liesel and Alpha, Jay, and even Adeline and George came along of their own choosing. Whether or not they decide to stay with the group all the way to San Francisco is completely up to them. Mind you, this is our vacation, and Top Gear Italy is something we're doing for fun. If they want to do something else, let them. It's their choice."

A waiter arrived with several champagne flutes filled with mimosa cocktails. Because alcohol consumption wasn't a big problem for them while in Europe, but would be more of an issue in America, Section II had created U.S.-specific Driver's licenses for them stating they were all of legal drinking age, and with their own physical appearance, most staff did not bother to question them or the authenticity of their identification. Besides, Champagne was a celebratory drink, and in the amounts used to make a mimosa, relatively harmless. Allison had been truthful, however, when she communicated with 'Butcher' on the CB radio.

"Well, we're here to enjoy ourselves, and to be entertaining as well as factual, like you said." announced Petra, taking one of the champagne flutes. "Allison, let's get those progress reports underway. I'm having Sandro bring a camera down."

"I've got plenty of good things to say about the Range Rover." opined Triela.

"Save it for when we're taping, then." said Allison, taking a sip from her own champagne flute.

Last edited by MP5 on Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 2:17; edited 1 time in total

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marder on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 10:32

Adeline made her way to the hotel without a hitch, making another five trucks honk their horns for the hell of it before meeting up with her handler and the other cyborgs at the hotel. George wasn't pleased with her behavior in the least.

"Are you trying to get us thrown in American jail?" he asked her while they walked into the hotel.

"No," Adeline shot back. "Just trying to have some fun."

"Well cut it out. You're acting stupid and going to get us thrown in American prison," George told her. "And stop being so reckless. I want you to come home from this trip on your own two feet, no in a body bag!"

"Oh padre," Adeline said. She gave her father a quick hug and then smiled before running off to the hotel room. George couldn't keep with up with her and didn't even try. He decided he'd just go hang out in the room and watch some TV.

Meanwhile, Adeline went up with him to get changed but didn't bother staying long. She quickly tore off her clothes and put on her favorite black bikini two piece, grabbed her camera, and then ran over to the hot tub.

"Ladies!" She exclaimed before climbing in with the other girls. "Hell of a first day or what?"
Marder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 11:18

"Hey, Adeline." greeted Petra, offering a champagne flute of mimosa. "Just in time, we're about to shoot an old-school 'progress report'."

Sandro and Brian arrived with a single boom mic and two cameras. Like usual, Brian operated the lenses while this time, Sandro held the boom mic. Brian cued Allison as he prepared to start recording.

"Standby, ladies. Allison, we'll start with you in 5...4...3...2..."

Brian pointed to her, finishing "1" silently, and Allison kicked off the progress report.

"So, ladies. End of day 1, Yankee Stadium to Cleveland in what, seven and a half hours? How have your wheels been treating you all? Kara, let's start with you."

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 12:08

"Jeremy Clarkson is wrong," Kara began. (pause to add in sound effect of a shocked audience in Post).

"I feel this car does work as a daily driver. Now Americans are wide so their roads are, as well, but I never felt...constrained...by the car's width, which I agree could span the Humber Estuary. And the magnetorheological dampers were wonderful on the cratered cobblestone the US has the audacity to call a 'highway system'.

"My handl–, er, my friend complains that the 599's onboard computers create an environment where the driver is totally divorced from the driving experience. Now I have yet to take this car on the track, but I have a feeling it's going to acquit itself well when I do. And I am looking forward to trying The Clarkson's Launch Control trick," she finished.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 12:25

"Overall, a good first impression so far, I take it." said Allison. "Triela, you're our lone 'Chelsea Tractor' pilot. How's the Range Rover?"

Brian panned the camera as Triela took a sip from her flute of mimosa to compose herself.

"Not bad, actually. Sure, it's big, tall, loafs around, and acts as if it has loose bowels once you pull out of a lorry's slipstream. Those aside, It's fast, civilized, and quite comfortable. The Air Con was just right, the music through the speakers wonderful, and I'm neither sore nor numb from being in the driver's seat for several hours."

"Adeline; you chose a motorcycle for this entire trip. What's it like spending several hours straddled atop an engine and two wheels?" asked Allison, the camera then panning to the lone motorcyclist.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marder on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 13:06

"Well," Adeline said as she cleared her throat and drank her mimosa. "It wasn't bad. The R100 lets you sit up a bit so you don't have to go hunched over in racing position all the time so it wasn't so bad. Your ass gets a bit numb after awhile but as long as you don't focus on it, it's okay. Plus when it was really bad I just stood up on the bike for a few seconds."

She then drank a bit more of her Mimosa. "I saw a lot of the typical American bikes, Harley Davidson's and the like. I find them so ugly honestly. Sure it's Amerikana and a symbol of international badassery but seriously, the whole noise of the V twin would really get to me after awhile. Haven't American riders heard of an invention called the muffler?"

"So Allison, you also were riding open air and all in the Caterham, what was that like?"
Marder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 13:26

"Everything I wanted it to be, even if I was hitting 90 at some points and messing up my hair." said Allison, the Camera panning to herself. "But when you buy a Caterham, and give it a 350bhp turbocharged VTEC engine, it's expected that if you plan to drive it without a helmet or a roof, you don't care about your hair. It's about the driving experience you get while at the wheel, and with the Caterham, it's a great one. Of course, this is coming from a biased Caterham fan and owner, so I think Petra would be able to give a more subjective view."

Brian zoomed out to Petra, who was in the tub directly adjacent to Allison, wearing a bright yellow Cristina Ferrari one-piece.

"Honestly, I was pretty skeptical when Allison said that the seats were as comfy as could be. Turns out the Roadsport's seats are very comfortable indeed, and that's good if we're taking a 'Driver's car' across the United States. I mean, it's maybe 4-5 inches off the ground, at best, maybe less than that, it doesn't come with climate control or power steering, there's no sound deadening, which means we can't really block out the noise of other cars on the road, and so on and so forth. My one real complaint is that it's hard to get out of the cockpit when you're sitting so low inside it, making ingress and egress even more awkward than with one of Kara's supercars. And the doors? Pfft, they're hardly more than rigid canvas flaps!"

"Well, you take the bad with the good. Always the case with any car; just ask any Alfa owner." said Allison, eliciting a knowing smirk from Kara and a giggle from Triela. "Laine," she said, getting her fellow Briton's attention. "You've been quiet for a while now. How's the GT-R been?"

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 14:19

You know, with the group already in Ohio I'm surprised aviation-mad Kiskaloo hasn't steered the party toward the Air Force Museum in Dayton for a film shoot (using Michele as his proxy).

Good restraint man...good restraint.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 14:33

I actually kind of have other silly ideas in mind, too:

*The group runs into the Gumball 3000 while on the way to Route 66. Allison gets to talk briefly with Team Polizei's Alex Roy on the CB radio before they coincidentally pull into the same rest stop. Star-struck, Allison gets her copy of The Driver: My Dangerous Pursuit of Speed and Truth in the Outlaw Racing World signed by the author himself. She then promptly faints from excitement.

* Kara starts hearing unfamiliar funny noises coming from the 599GTB. While listening to Car Talk upon Allison's suggestion, she considers making a call to "The Tappet Brothers."

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 17:23

Laine opened her eyes for a moment, after being asked about her car. She settled back down in the tub and stretched.

"It's wonderfully high-tech, if you like that sorta thing. It handles well, accelerates faster than a hornet shot from a lightning gun, but best of all is it's price."

Stretching her legs out, she continued.

"It only costs as much as a...BMW M3 and is easily twice the car. Overall I'd say it's an excellent all-around performer. Four wheel drive, affordable, capable of taking almost anything thrown at it. I just wish the factory colors included more than Red, Black, Grey, Dark Grey, Light Grey, White, Off White, Granite, Pearl Black, Eggshell...I think you get the point. I want the car to look as exciting on the outside as it is on the inside."

Opening her eyes again, she grinned.

"I'm glad someone had the foresight to repaint the one I'm driving. Oh, and definitely get the optional sound system if you can afford it."

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 17:49

"I can't help but notice that you seem very relieved to be in the jacuzzi, though." noted Allison. "I take it that the GT-R does not score points for comfort?"

"Well, you saw what it did to Jeremy Clarkson." said Petra. "The man busted his neck thrashing it round Fuji Speedway."

"Yes, but that's because he's an aging, pudgy old fart driving a very fast car in the same manner that a joyriding teenage boy with his pants on fire would play Gran Turismo." replied Allison. "Laine, by contrast, is a very fit young woman like the rest of us in this tub, driving that very same, very fast car in the manner that prompts a mature, unhurried person to waft along while behind the wheel of a luxury saloon car. But seriously, Laine, is the GT-R extremely uncomfortable over distance?"

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 17:57

"Oh don't get me wrong, I'm driving the hell out of that thing." Inwardly, she was glad the car was only a rental. "I think I was only managing 10 miles a gallon on average."

"Comfort-wise. I'd say it's pretty good for what it is. There was enough support as far as I was concerned, then again I was playing loud enough music that all I could feel was the rumble from the stereo anyways. As for enjoying myself in the jacuzzi...I just happen to like jacuzzis."

Laine shrugged and grinned unapologetically.

"By the way, did you know those seats are heated? Very soothing on the lower back."

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 18:33

Jay's head hurt mainly due to Liesel's driving skills or lack of...

"Thank you god!" The boy said as he got out of the car and touched the asphalt before turning towards Alpha, "Hey sensei do you know where everyone else is at?"

He looked down at the writing on his forearm and wondered, 'Nitromethane. I would if Allison and them can tell me what that is?'

"Wait a second, I've got my cellphone around here somewhere." He said as he quickly patted himself down in an attempt to find it. "Found it!" He exclaimed as he pulled it from his pants pocket.

"Now who do I call?" He thought aloud as he scanned through his phone book for a number, "Crap, I grabbed Sis' phone by accident."

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 18:43

@rusty-spring wrote:"By the way, did you know those seats are heated? Very soothing on the lower back."

Kara's face broke out in a wide grin.

"What?" Laine asked.

"On the Lichtenstein mission Michele let Rico ride with him in the Gallardo Spyder a bit on the twisty sections north of San Bernadino. It was cold so he turned on the seat heater, to which Rico soon commented that 'My butt is hot'."

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 19:08

"Girls, Ix-nay on the issions-may!" said Brian.

"We'll edit it out in post." said Sandro.

"So far, so good then." said Allison, continuing with 'Top Gear Italy' mode. "I propose a toast, ladies."

The girls in the hot tub got their champagne flutes in hand and Allison smiled as they raised their glasses in unison.

"Here's to adventure!" she proclaimed.

"To adventure!" chorused the rest of them as they clinked their champagne flutes together. Brian finished recording as soon as they downed the remainder of their mimosas, and he motioned to Sandro for the two of them to leave.

"Don't stay there too long, ladies. We still haven't had dinner." Brian noted as he and Sandro left for their rooms.

The girls lounged in the tub several minutes longer before getting out, rinsing down, and toweling off. Rather than leave the hotel for dinner, they all ordered room service. As Allison waited, practicing some tabs on her 1985 Ferrari Red Gibson Les Paul, a knocking came to her hotel door.

"Room service sure is fast." she commented, going to the door. Checking the peephole, she saw that it was Jay at her door, and she opened it up.

"Yo, Jay. Something the matter?" asked Allison as she let the boy into the room.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 20:39

"Hey Allison. I was just trying to find where everyone had gone, as well as get centered after riding with Alpha and Liesel."
Jay said as he stood outside the door awkwardly, "Um...may I come in? I'm kinda avoiding Liesel."

He looked at the writing on his forearm, while trying to avoid looking at the beautiful brunette. "Oh that reminds me, do you know what Nitromethane is?" He asked eagerly.

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 20:51

"Nitromethane, huh?" said Allison, ushering Jay into her room. "That's a type of fuel used primarily by 'Top Fuel' vehicles like dragsters and funny cars. It's also used by internal combustion-powered Radio-controlled vehicles. It doesn't need a lot of oxygen to burn because it's already got oxygen inside it. Introduction of an additional given amount of oxygen allows Nitromethane to produce 2.3 times the power of normal gasoline. I don't use Nitromethane myself, but what I can say is that it's like if a large amount of your fuel was NOS and the rest of it was just methanol. Why do you ask?"

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 20:57

Jay listened to her explanation intently. "I overheard Alpha and Liesel talking about how his Challenger had a system that used it." He said before asking with a curious look on his face, "Is that dangerous?"

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum