Badasses Tournament Voting Thread

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Badasses Tournament Voting Thread

Post by Piero on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 18:59

Yeah, I know I said it would start tommorow night... but when I rolled to see who would be in tommorow night's match everyone whose number came up already had a profile, so I figured I'd just start a day early. It just means people get an extra day to vote on the first match.

Rules for this are pretty much the same as with my previous tournaments.

Match One:

A female member of a species of humanoid giants called Zentraedi. Her ancestors were apparently among the first Zentraedi to ally themselves
with humans (the Zentraedi had originally intended to wipe out humanity –as a note, in the Macross universe, Zentraedi were created by the same forerunner race as humans and have similar enough DNA to be able to interbreed when in micronized form) . She is the leader of the Mercenary company SMS’ all female Pixie Squadron. She is a very skilled pilot and was able to hold her own against a talented human recruit flying the latest VF-25 Variable Fighter while piloting a Queadluun-Rhea battle suit –a feat roughly comparable to the pilot of an upgraded F-4 Phantom managing to hold their own against a newer and more maneuverable F-15 Eagle or Su-27 Flanker. She also once commandeered the variable fighter of a dead human comrade after her Battle Suit was damaged despite the fact that she could barely reach the fighter’s controls while in micronized form. Perhaps one of her most awe inspiring moments of badassness came when she was in her full Zentraedi form and used a VF-25’s gun pod and FAST packs as improvised infantry gear. On the negative side, she is a frequent sufferer of The Worf Effect and has a tendency to act somewhat immature while in micronized form, though this may have something to do with her touchiness about the fact that she has messed up genes that make her look like a loli when she micronizes. Here’s Macross Frontier’s Klan Klein.

A full size Klan suited up in her powered armour.
A very pissed off Klan.
Youtube Clip: A vengeful Klan using a variable fighter's gun pod and FAST packs as improvised infantry gear.

A Japanese boy who was orphaned in a plane crash at a young age. A lengthy chain of events led to him becoming a child assassin, a guerrilla fighter, a mercenary for hire, and finally a member of the secretive international paramilitary organisation known as Mithril. When Mithril needed someone to go undercover to protect an “ordinary” Japanese high school girl, his age and ethnicity made him an ideal candidate… aside from his complete lack of social skills. His attempts to blend in with ordinary Japanese society were an unmitigated disaster, but he performed exceptionally well once he actually had a threat to deal with. He is a very skilled soldier and Arm Slave pilot (Arm Slaves are perhaps best described as giant suits of powered armour) and also has useful knowledge of guerrilla warfare tactics. He is able to maintain exceptionally calm under combat conditions. In fact, he is so good at staying calm that when given an advanced Arm Slave equipped with what can best be described as a telekinetic weapons system, he had difficulty using said system because he was too calm. Despite this, he did end up becoming close enough to his mission primary for it to have a serious impact on his professional life (though it took him a while to get that attached). Here’s Full Metal Panic’s Sergeant Sousuke Sagara.

Sousuke alongside his mission primary. Note the typical Sousuke expression. Laughing

Match Two:

Takashi Kamiyama; Boss of Cromartie High and after winning the National Boss Tournament, undisputed Boss of all Japan.

A tough, no-nonsense police sergeant on loan from the New York Police Department, she is at her best when on her own, and is almost too
capable to have others around her. An effective and efficient police officer, she's also an expert in everything—explosives, martial arts, weapons, command, two unrelated languages, and piloting. She joins the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Special Vehicle Section 2, Division 2 to observe and assist them during their initial deployment. Here is Patlabor's Kanuka Clancy.

Voting for these matchs will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, February 27.

Last edited by Piero on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 19:32; edited 2 times in total

Piero

Male

Forum Posts: 2556

Fan of: Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters: Diana and Piero

Registration date: 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Badasses Tournament Voting Thread

Post by Piero on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 19:01

Also, with regards to the first match, please be advised that I hate my dice roller program. That is all. Laughing

Also, a reminder that nominations for the new anime babes tournament are open. I'm hoping to see some nominations for that get made now that this tournament is under way.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 19:53

Match One: Klan Klein

Match Two: Kanuka Clancy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts: 10326

Fan of: Angelica's Smile

Original Characters: Kara Michelle

Comments: The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date: 2008-09-11

http://www.socialwelfareagency.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 19:55

Sousuke an' Takashi here.

Five_X

Male

Forum Posts: 695

Fan of: Rico!

Original Characters: Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments: President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date: 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 20:10

match one- klan klein- that clip of her fighting with the spare parts is just awsome
match two- kanuka clany

crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts: 1109

Fan of: Claes

Original Characters: none at this time

Comments: Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has four different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date: 2010-01-10

http://animescience101.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 20:23

I have to say, I'm not quite sure who I'm going to vote for in Round One. I might even abstain.

That being said, I'm throwing in a second clip of Klan in action since I doubt as many people are as familiar with her. Maybe a tad unfair to Sousuke, but most of you have seen Sousuke in action, right?

Klan is the one in the red battlesuit that shows up partway through the clip (not the red Variable Fighter that's there from the beginning, that's Alto's VF-25).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWvDXkmcd9o

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 10:04

Klan & Kanuka

hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Forum Posts: 358

Fan of: Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters: Zaron + Josie +

Registration date: 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 13:23

Match #1: Sousuke. Blowing crap up both in the military and as a civilian, all while on duty.

Match #2: Kanuka by default since Takashi doesn't have much of a description.

Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts: 590

Fan of: Triela

Original Characters: n/a

Comments: To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date: 2008-07-31

http://anime.mikomi.org/by-rev/1552.html

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 17:42

Ggultra2764 wrote:Match #2: Kanuka by default since Takashi doesn't have much of a description.

NOOOO!!! Well then here's a full description.

-Referred to as a badass bunny living comfrotably with a pride of lions(sorta); he comes to Cromartie after doing something so horrible, so dastardly, so unmentionable; that one must read the manga to understand it's full ruthless nature. While starting his career at a Cromartie High as a straight arrow he eventually proves himself through various tests of endurance, intuition, intelligence, and finally dumb luck. Here is the estimable, the indelible, the incredible, the unavoidable; Takashi Kamiyama of CHARGE!!; Cromartie High School.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!

boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts: 2274

Fan of: Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters: Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date: 2007-09-14

http://www.fanfiction.net/~boomergonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 17:45

On that note I vote;

Match 1: Klan Klein of Macross Frontier
-Hoo-RAY for the boobies! ...SHUT UP!!

Match 2: Takashi Kamyama of Cromartie High School
- Because even Kanuka Clancy would probably show up to Cromartie High, guns ready, and quickly say; "F--k this!", and leave.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 18:14

Hell yes, Boomer. Hell yes.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 18:26

boomer_gonz wrote:
Match 1: Klan Klein of Macross Frontier
-Hoo-RAY for the boobies! ...SHUT UP!!

LOL- Hell yes boomer

Last edited by Piero on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 18:37; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Editted in the quote thing to make it clear that you're quoting instead of voting, since you already voted. Also, I got my HTML code wrong, so I had to edit again.)

crazyidiot78

Male

Comments: Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has four different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 20:25

Match One: Sagara Sousuke from Full Metal Panic.
Match Two: Kanuka Clancy from Patlabor.

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts: 1237

Fan of: Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters: Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date: 2008-04-28

http://www.youtube.com/user/KodokuRyuu

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 20:54

Match 1: Sousuke Sagara
Match 2: Kanuka Clancy

SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts: 574

Registration date: 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 19:38

Match One: Klan Klein -- who can say no to a hot Zentradi?

Match Two: Takashi Kamiyama -- To deal with all the other badasses he does, and not only avoid being killed, but actualy gets them to follow him, means he a badass among badasses.

MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts: 441

Fan of: Triela & Claes

Registration date: 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 27 Feb 2010 - 9:10

Match One: Sousuke. I strongly considered voting for Klan and was actually leaning towards her earlier on, but... well, it's freaking Sousuke.

Match Two: Kanuka Clancy

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 27 Feb 2010 - 21:02

Sousuke and Klan tie 5-5, settled in favor of Klan using my dice roller program, while Kanuka wins her match 7-3.

Match One:

Originally introduced in the series as a random detective from out of town coming to investigate the Hinamizawa Syndrome, this guy doesn't show up much until near the end of the show, where he has suddenly taken multiple levels in badass, and proceeds to kick the asses of highly trained spec ops with his bare hands. He also shows off his pure manliness by punching through a car windshield without flinching, just to prove how awesome he is. I give you Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni's Mamoru Akasaka.

Akasaka blocking a kick
Akasaka's fight scene that is too awesome for words

Can build and drive a cute little tank while gleefully blowing up the bad guys (and probably wouldn't mind punching few peacenik hippie types). She's the type to make hardcore vetrans tell her to not be so violent! Here's Dominion Tank Police's Leona Ozaki.

Match Two:

A rude, vulgar and lewd swordsman, this guy likes to pick fights with others just for the thrill of it and especially gets itching with the desire to fight Jin while they journey with Fuu. An impulsive fighter, this guy mixes breakdancing with moves he copies from his foes and making the rest of his techniques up as he fights which makes him quite formidable in battle. He's quite the womanizer as well taking any opportunity possible to hook up with prostitutes or wandering into a town's red light district. He's cheated death on a few occasions as he survived jumping off a cliffside and the explosion of a ship that got bombed. Here's Samurai Champloo's Mugen.

A selfish mercenary nicknamed "The Demon of the Desert", he roams the great Kanto Desert doing jobs for people and manipulating them. He shows his skills in many fights he has throughout the show, including one where he defeated the famous "Shimmer Sniper" using just his wits and his Winchester 1897 shotgun, modified to hold an additional shell. Another awesome moment was where he destroyed a massive, nigh indestructible tank by shooting a Frag-12 shotgun shell at the rocky overhand above the tank, crushing it. Simply put, he's the best mercenary in the desert. Here's Desert Punk's eponymous protagonist, Desert Punk.

Desert Punk with a grenade launcher
Desert Punk's fight against his nemesis, Rain Spider

Voting for this round will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Monday, March 1, 2010.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 27 Feb 2010 - 21:04

Akasaka and Desert Punk for me. Not because they're my nominations (Mugen is very awesome), but because both are indeed very badass. Akasaka especially so.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 27 Feb 2010 - 21:06

ozaki and mugen for me

crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sat 27 Feb 2010 - 21:12

Ozaki and Desert Punk for me.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts: 1683

Fan of: Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters: Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments: You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date: 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 27 Feb 2010 - 22:11

Match #1: Ozaki- Akasaka's badass record only consists of a couple fights taking on Yamainu thugs in Higurashi's final arc. Beyond that, he's more nice guy than badass in my book.

Match #2: Mugen- Beyond the fact I nominated the guy, Mugen has the attitude, skills and impulsiveness to be a bigtime badass.

Ggultra2764

Male

Comments: To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 27 Feb 2010 - 23:45

Been trying to decide who to vote for in these. As far as the first two go, the Yaimaru that Akasaka fought seriously lack credibility. They're supposedly special forces, but their performance was pathetic (one could even say disgraceful). On the other hand, I'm not that familiar with Leona, and I'm not sure that being excessively trigger happy is necessarily a good sign of badassitude either (I actually consider Revy's tendency towards Whitmann Fever a mark against her in this tournament). I also don't personally think that being a nice guy prevents someone from being a badass... some badasses are unassuming until they're given a reason to display their badassitude, at which point they proceed to kick ass.

As far as the second one goes, I'm sort of leaning towards Desert Punk, but I'm not that familiar with Mugen at this point...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 27 Feb 2010 - 23:59

To be fair, the Yaimanu that the characters fought were mainly defeated easily due to extremely crazy preparedness. In other arcs, they were pretty formidable. Plus, Akasaka deserves credit for the moves he pulls off. Punching a windshield, makking a guy faint by doing so, and not even flinching when hit with a straight on, heavy punch to the chest. That's pretty awesome right there.

And yes, Desert Punk is crazy awesome. Due to the show's relative obscurity, there aren't a whole lot of clips of his badassery, unfortunately. That fight with Rain Spider is pretty hilarious and awesome, though.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 7:16

Match One: Leona Ozaki

Match Two: Desert Punk

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 8:43

Match 1: Leona Ozaki
Match 2: Desert Punk

SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 10:25

Abstain.

Mugen.

theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts: 425

Original Characters: Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date: 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 17:57

Match 1: Leona Ozaki from Dominion Tank Police
-Because tanks are just that badass

Match 2: Mugen from Samurai Champloo
-Not that the Punk isn't a badass, but personally I found him more annoying as the series rolled along.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 on Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 19:32

Mamoru Akasaka and Desert Punk

hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Forum Posts: 358

Fan of: Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters: Zaron + Josie +

Registration date: 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 20:42

Match One: Mamoru Akasaka from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni.
Match Two: Mugen from Samurai Champloo. Desert Punk is cool, but this is Mugen we're talking about. He's got a good shot at taking the whole tourny.

For example:

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 23:20

Okay, I think I'm coming down on the side of Leona Ozaki and Mugen on this one.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 23:55

Mugen tracked down and killed a guy while he (Mugen) was half-dead and on crutches. And that's only one of his minor feats of awesomeness.

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 15:26

Ah ha! Then I shall counter your stuff with my stuff! Desert Punk video ahoy!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 18:07

Match One: Leona Ozaki

Match Two: Desert Punk

MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 18:32

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 21:06

Leona wins her match 8-3, while Mugen and Desert Punk tie 6-6, settled in favour of Desert Punk using my random dice roller.

Match One:

This wandering priest who cares for children doesn't necessarily fit the traditional notions one would have of a religious figure. The guy smokes, rides around in a motorcycle and has no qualms with taking the lives of anyone who threaten the innocent, often putting him at odds with Vash's pacifist philosophy. Wherever he goes, this guy carries around a giant cross on his back without much issue with its weight saying that "it's full of mercy." Said cross is actually a weapon loaded with a giant machine gun, rocket launcher and carrying cases for 12 pistols on the arms of the cross. The guy is just as proficient of a gunslinger as Vash making him a valuable ally when dealing with the Gung Ho Guns. Here's Trigun's Nicholas D. Wolfwood.

He's a space bounty hunter who was born on Mars. He is 27 years old and is tall and thin in appearance. He has fluffy dark green hair (I still say it's black!) and reddish-brown eyes, one of which is artificial and lighter than the other. A flashback in Session 6 revealed that his fully functioning right eye was surgically replaced by a cybernetic one (although he himself claims to have lost his natural eye in an "accident"). He is usually dressed in a blue leisure suit, with a yellow shirt and boots. He often has a cigarette between his lips, sometimes despite rain or "No Smoking" signs. He makes use of sleight of hand techniques to win card games, pickpocket, and slip things onto other people unnoticed. He is also shown to sneak up on enemies through disguise or quiet movement. He always rolls a rogue in D&D games. He is proficient with weaponry (such as his personal Jericho 941 as well as other guns and explosives) and hand-to-hand combat skills. He is a skilled martial artist and a practitioner of Jeet Kune Do. He is also a pilot and flies a converted Asteroid racer (a crazy space-fighter thingy) called Swordfish II, which is armed with four machine guns, multiple missile launchers, and a plasma cannon. When he is not shown working or practicing martial arts, he is very laid back, sarcastic, and lackadaisical, to the consternation of his crew mates. Did I mention he's voiced by Steven Blum? Here's the ever cool Spike Spiegel.

Spike with his gun drawn, pointed at the camera

Match Two:

Embodiment of the no-nonsense personality, this 19-year old Inspector of the Citizen Intelligence Bureau is in charge of investigating a series of brutal murders committed by AutoReivs infected with the Cogito Virus. Even though this requires her to fight AutoReivs in life or death battles, she never looses her cool on a mission. She is also the granddaughter of Donov Mayer, the Regent of Romdo. Given her privileged status, she demands respect from those around her and won't take garbage from anyone. Her signature appearance consists of black clothes, black hair and a liberal amount of blue eye-shadow. This is Ergo Proxy’s Re-l Mayer.

Re-l with her shotgun.
Re-l blasting an AutoReiv.
Youtube Clip: Re-l AMV.

The first of Shamu’s protégés to be known by the name Canaan, though she later changed her name. As a young girl, she was viewed as a messiah of sorts by the group she ended up in due to the fact that she was from a wealthy and powerful family. As the leader of this group,
she engaged in terrorist activities, biological weapons research, and a shadowy deal with at least one major government. Her true desire however, grew out of a conversation with her one-time mentor: when told of soldiers who instilled despair in their opponents due to “perfect” combat abilities, she asked where she fit in and was told she was “on the borderline.” This eventually led her to develop an obsessive interest in pushing her mentor’s later protégé (whom he also named Canaan) to become such a foe specifically so that she could prove herself capable of defeating that despair. This is also why she passed up more than one opportunity to kill the other protege, since she figured the other Canaan was only worth killing when she was at her peak. Notable, among other things, for having an incredibly commanding presence. Here’s Canaan’s Alphaard.

One of Alfaard's most notable traits is her ability to command pretty much any scene she's in with her presence. Also, apparently for her wearing high heels and an evening dress are no obstacle to giving a well established badass like Canaan a brutal (and very convincing looking) beatdown.
Youtube Clip: Alphaard busting out of the custody of a CIA paramilitary squad. (Albeit with a little outside help.)

Voting for this match will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Wednesday, March 3, 2010.

Last edited by KodokuRyuu on Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 21:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Re-l description)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 21:08

Match One: Spike Spiegel

Match Two: Alphaard

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 21:11

Spike Spiegel and Alphaard. Yeah!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 21:36

Sorry Wolfwood, it has to be Spike.

Alphaard.

theprodigalson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 21:59

Match One: Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.
Match Two: Re-l from Ergo Proxy.

Blast, how could I forget about that description... sweat

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 22:46

Damn you for Match #1, Piero. bang head

Match #1: Spike (More occasions of recklessness from the guy with his run-ins from Vicious and surviving against super powered murderer Mad Pierrot.)

Match #2: Alphard (I prefer badasses who have some personality with their gung-ho actions. The cold, silent types aren't my type.)

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 2:24

Match 1: Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.
-Call me biased becasue I am a die-hard Bebop fan; but you have to admit...it's fuckin' Spike man.

Match 2: Alphaard from Cannan
- While Re-l may be a baddass; Alphaard plays the smoking hot badass shtick so damn well it just might be criminal.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 13:50

Match 1: Spike
Match 2: Alphaard

SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 14:56

Wolfwood and Alphaard

crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 15:31

Match One: Worfwood

Match Two: Re-l Mayer

MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:28

Blast it, I forgot to get my own vote in!

Anyway, Spike and Alphard both win their matchs 7-2.

Match One:

Black Lagoon's Hänsel and Gretel are two unnamed Romanian twin orphans. They were abandoned in a state-run orphanage due to their parents' inability to afford keeping them. As a result of being repeatedly forced to participate in paedophilic snuff films in which they are either raped or forced to murder other children, and being repeatedly forced to watch the people running the orphanage beat one of the children to death in front of them, the twins eventually became deranged, sadistic killers just to survive. Unknown to most people, "Hänsel" and "Gretel" are actually two personalities alternately adopted by the two children, both of whom suffer from Dissociative Identity Disorder, meaning they swap being "Hänsel" and "Gretel" with each other from time to time (it is likely that these were their screen names in the films). There are slight implications that they could be incestuous, possibly due to the abuse they suffered in the state-run orphanage. It is never made clear of what gender the twins are: in one scene, "Gretel" (formerly "Hänsel" before swapping) shows 'her' genitalia to Rock in what she presumably came to believe was a show of gratitude, causing him to flee in disgust.
Both of them are white haired and dressed in dark gothic clothing, such as "Gretel" is dressed in a Gothic Lolita outfit. In combat, "Hänsel" wields a sharp, wicked-looking battle axe while "Gretel" uses a M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle that appears to be taller than 'she' is. Both also carry additional sidearms. While they were mentally deranged, Hänsel and Gretel were also cunning, having used two other children as decoys to distract the bounty hunters and using money to distract Eda. They were also not above using their innocent appearance to deceive their enemies.

This large, lone wolf mercenary is greatly feared and respected by both man and demon alike for being a walking monstrous weapon who has slaughtered both sides during his days with the mercenary group known as the Band of the Hawk and his quest of revenge against former leader Griffith. Known as the Hundred Man Slayer and the Black Swordsman, this man comes into battle wielding a massive sword called the Dragonslayer which he is able to wield with ease and shrugs off the pain of injuries while in battle beyond the normal tolerance of pain that a normal man would be able to endure. This is because since he was a child, the guy's trained rigorously in combat having quite the messed-up childhood as he was abandoned as a baby and the foster father who trained him in the sword attempted to kill him in a drunken rage. Since those times, this guy wandered for years as a mercenary for hire until recruited into the Band of the Hawk by Griffith. As proof of just how much this guy can endure in battle, he chopped off his left arm when it was caught in the mouth of a massive demon when trying to rescue his lover Caska. Here's Berserk's Guts.

Match Two:

The only normal agent amongst two superpowered females, this former member of the American Army Special Forces can carry his own weight on missions for the British Library. He's a level-headed man who comes into battle with experience in using firearms, explosives and hand-to-hand combat. This man comes into battle wielding a decent-sized arsenal of firearms such as a .50 Barrett sniping rifle, an automatic grenade launcher, a Heckler and Koch USP automatic pistol, hand grenades and a shotgun. He's a very tough, resilient man as he has been shown to still be capable of engaging missions despite being in helicopter crashes, falling from great heights and having enough blows delivered to his head. As proof of his capabilities, he was able to single-handedly defeat the mutated humanoid insect form of the I-Jin clone of Jean Henry-Fabre. Here's Read or Die's Drake Anderson.

The Netsphere is a place that has been separated from the rest of the world. The only ones who can still access it are people with the Net Terminal Gene, but they are rumored to be extinct. Killy's goal is to find someone with the Net Terminal Gene and reconnect the Netsphere. However, there are many who would stand in his way. Cyborgs exist to stop anyone from accessing the Netsphere, Killy kills them on sight with a rare grin on his face. Safeguards poise a bigger threat though -they are extraordinarily strong, can regenerate, are programmed to kill anyone without the Net Terminal Gene, and will appear in any place someone attempts to access the Netsphere without the Net Gene. Even still, Killy takes them on without fear. How can he take down such monstrous foes? With a Gravitational Beam Emitter (GBE) - an extremely rare and powerful weapon. The GBE is a weapon that fires a narrow beam that will destroy everything within a certain radius around it. This beam will continue for miles before it is exhausted, puncturing even the strongest materials. But this doesn't bother Killy - he'll just fire away at any old enemy with it leaving a wake of destruction in his path (fortunately the majority of the world is uninhabited). But a gun this powerful has some serious kick to it. One time, Killy blasts a shot so powerful that the recoil breaks his arm and flings him off a cliff. But the dude stands up and walks away like nothing happened. Regardless of what happens to him, he always carries on no matter what. This is BLAME!'s Killy.

Killy with his gun.
Killy looking cool.
Killy facing off against Pcell with a sweet long gun.
In lieu of YouTube videos:
Killy rips open a wall... with his bare hands... just to fetch his favorite gun.
Killy takes on a powerful Safeguard. (Read to page 32.)

Voting for these matchs will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard time on Saturday, March 6, 2010.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 22:17

Guts and Drake for me.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 4:03

Guts and Drake

crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 5:39

Match #1: Guts- You can't tell me that twisted twincest assassins are bigger badasses than a guy who was able to single handedly wipe out 100 soldiers on the battlefield and hordes of demons in a hellish world.

Match #2: Drake- This appears to be a battle of Badass Normals though Killy appears to have the benefit of having his physical capabilities enhanced by his technology. Drake doesn't have that benefit yet proves his worth in butting heads against the I-Jin, even if he has no superpowers like Yomiko and Nancy.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 8:03

Abstain.

Drake.

theprodigalson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 14:18

Match One: Guts from Berserk.
Match Two: Killy from BLAME!.

Wow, someone actually voted for Re-l last round.

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: