Match One: Kamina

Match Two: Dhomochevsky

MadHatChemist

Forum Posts : 441

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Badasses Tournament Voting Thread

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 9:07

Match 1: Kamina (Has the attitude and recklessness to be a top-class badass, even if he is quite an archetype.)

Match 2: Hei (Hearing of him has me tempted to see Darker Than Black at some point.)

Ggultra2764

Forum Posts : 590

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 11:51

Match One: Canaan

Match Two: Hei

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 10:27; edited 1 time in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10890

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 on Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 12:29

M1: Canaan
M2: Hei

hydra282
Flower Spirit

Forum Posts : 358

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 14:55

Kamina (tough decision here)

Hei.

theprodigalson

Forum Posts : 436

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 20:11

Dont really know much about the second one so I'll go with Hei. I have to with Kamina just for the sheer insanity.

crazyidiot78

Forum Posts : 1534

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 22:20

Match One: Canaan. Kamina's manliness is pretty awesome, but Canaan has this sort of quiet ruthlessness to her character as well as kick ass combat abilities. Then again, I'm probably biased because I like Canaan so much.

Match Two: Hei.

Thought I'd throw in an extra pic of Canaan as well. This is her carving her way through an elite special forces unit with the help of her synthesia abilities and a high pressure steam pipe that was hit by a stray bullet. (Edit: Turns out she didn't rupture the pipe, a stray bullet from one of the guys she knifed did. Though I still think she's fairly resourceful.)

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 23:09

Let's see, I've haven't seen the shows for match one and the ones for match two are both my nominations. Blast. Oh well, I think I'll go against the flow here:

Match One: Kamina from Gurren Lagann.
Match Two: Dhomo from BLAME!.

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Forum Posts : 1237

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 10:47

Match 1: Canaan
Match 2: Hei

SPARTAN 119

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 1:03

Canaan and Kamina tie 5-5, settled in favour of Kamina using my random dice roller program, while Hei wins his match 8-2.

Match One:

A high school aged HiME who is intent on avenging her mother’s death, which she blames on a shadowy MIB type agency known as First District. While arguably one of the weaker HiME, she makes up for it through excellent teamwork with her CHiLD, an artillery equipped mechanical wolf named Duran. Her Element is a pair of small pistols with which she has sometimes displayed impressive accuracy (though this is highlyscene dependent). In addition to this, she knows how to handle herself physically and would appear to have some agility and hand to hand combat training. She owns a motorcycle and is frequently seen in riding gear. The main criticism that can be levelled against her badassness is that she has serious difficulty trusting others and therefore seems to feel a need to act tough and aloof despite already being tough. Her difficulty loosening up makes her the butt of much of the humour in the series she’s part of. Here’s Mai-HiME’s Natsuki Kuga.

Alternate pic.
Natsuki demonstrates her excellent negotiation skills during a potentially volatile situation. Laughing And yes, she manages to be badass despite how dorky those summon weapons look (it's odd that they have cartridges, since unlike Duran's shoulder mounted artillery they don't actually seem to use cartridges).

With his devil-may-care attitude, he hunts demons with a confident swagger and lethal wit. Sporting a red trench coat and wielding dual over-sized .45s and a large sword, this man is not afraid to stand out on the battlefield. He has a habit of taunting or belittling his opponents before fighting them. This is Devil May Cry's Dante.

DMC ep1 openning.
Shots of Dante in cool poses: #1, #2, #3.
Dante gallery.

Match Two:

This new teacher at Holy Forest Academy doesn't necessarily fit the standard mold of what you would expect of a teacher. He was a former biker gang member and barely passed exams at a low-ranking university. Plus he's a skilled martial artist and lech. But this teacher's methods
of dealing with the troublesome students of Class 3-4 are seen as necessary by the school's headmaster. Genuinely caring for the well-being of his students unlike many of Holy Forest's ignorant staff, this guy puts his life and career at risk enough times throughout the series to either help those facing troubles from bullying students, dealing with corrupt school officials or humiliating any of the bullying students conspiring with Miyabi. A couple examples of what he's gone through: attending a teacher's national exam with multiple gunshot wounds from rescuing a school official's daughter from gangsters and using his body as a cushion to absorb the impact of falling into a car when rescuing a suicidal student jumping off the school's rooftop. Here's the titular main character of Great Teacher Onizuka, Eikichi Onizuka.

Cold, calculating, and a little crazy, he is the man who caused the Croce indecent. He reads reads his enemies like he reads a book and uses precise planning to execute crimes. Being an MB he pulls off a Xanatos Gambit on the SWA in Venice with ease. With cool calculation and a grin on his face, he fires an NTW and hits his target from over a kilometer away and acts like it's no big deal. He thinks nothing of sacrificing his minions simply to see what it takes to kill a cyborg. This is Gunslinger Girl's Giacomo Dante.

Dante with his NTW.

Voting for this round will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Monday, March 15.

Last edited by KodokuRyuu on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 3:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Giacomo Dante's entry with the proper one.)

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 1:06

Match One: Dante. The likelihood of a match like this was the reason why I actually withdrew Natsuki's nomination for a while. The girl is definitely badass, but she's just not on the same level as a lot of the other competitors in this tournament. Plus, I think deep down inside she's still the little girl who lost her ability to trust people after her mother died under suspicious circumstances. In many ways she's a genuine badass, but in others ways I think she's basically a hurt child who's trying to act tough.

Match Two: Onizuka. If he and Giacomo Dante ever confronted each other, the result would be Giacomo pumping lead into Onizuka and dismissing him as dead only to have Onizuka pick himself up, shrug off the gunshot wounds in his gut, and proceed to beat the shit out of Giacomo as he cowered in terror. Smile

Last edited by Piero on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 1:17; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 1:12

Match one- I have to vote for Dante with his some what over the top antics at times, and yet he has the skills to back it up.

Match Two- Being a middle school teacher myself I have to vote for Onizuka

Last edited by crazyidiot78 on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 1:19; edited 1 time in total
crazyidiot78

Male

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 1:16

Match 1: Dante
Match 2: Giacomo Dante
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 2:09

I'm voting for Natsuki and Giacomo!

I really do think Natsuki is that awesome. She just is!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 2:19

Match One: Dante (Devil May Cry)

Match Two
: Onizuka
MadHatChemist

Male

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 2:40

Okay, after talking to Five_X, who recently finished Mai-HiME, I am reconsidering my vote in Match One since he reminded me of some things with Natsuki. She had a pretty damn awesome "taking you with me" moment late in the series. That girl has some serious guts and a real willingness to put herself on the line.

Anyhow, not sure whether I'll change my vote or not, but after being remind of them I figured I ought to mention some of her claims to badassitude.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 3:29

Match One: Dante from DMC. Natsuki don't nothin' on him when it comes to the BA attitude.
Match Two: Onizuka Eikichi from GTO. Ditto on what Piero said.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 12:40

Match #1: Dante (Natsuki ain't got nothing on this demon-slaying mercenary.)

Match #2: Onizuka (Taking enough abuse and inflicting enough punishment all in the name of education. Laughing )

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 12:44

Match 1: Dante

Match 2: Onizuka

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 13:45

I think in the end I'm probably sticking with Dante as well. I love Natsuki as a character, but even after being reminded of the awesomeness of some of the stuff she did late in Mai-HiME, I don't think I can vote for her here and feel that I've voted honestly. Sorry, Five_X.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 14:29

Match One: Natsuki Kuga (don't know anything about the other guy, so I chose based on cuteness)

Match Two: Giacomo Dante

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 12:24

Match 1: Natsuki because her ass is WAY badder than Dante's (This is my Ron Paul vote for the tourny)

Match 2: Abstain.

Jet: "Betrayal may come easily to women, but men live by iron codes of honor."
Faye: "You really believe that?"
Jet: "I'm trying to. Real hard."
theprodigalson

Male

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 17:42

@theprodigalson wrote:Match 1: Natsuki because her ass is WAY badder than Dante's

Really? I thought she had a pretty nice ass myself. Razz

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 20:37

Really? I thought she had a pretty nice ass myself. Razz

Fact.

theprodigalson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 0:02

Dante wins his match 7-3, while Onizuka wins his match 6-3. So I guess it won't be Dante vs. Dante next round. Razz

Match One:

A clone that was created as part of her “mother's” attempts to create an exact duplicate of her deceased daughter. Her “mother” considered her a failure, but let her believe that she was her real daughter and exploited her loyalty in her attempts to seize control of a set of powerful Lost Logia. Despite her ruthlessness and determination, she failed to overcome the opposition of Nanoha Takamachi (the girl who fans eventually nicknamed "The White Devil"), which prompted her “mother” to inform her of what she really was and how much she hated her. Following this she was adopted by Admiral Lindy Harlaown of the Time Space Administration Bureau and eventually became one of the Bureau`s Investigators, as well as a temporary squad leader for the elite unit known as Mobile Section Six. The older version of her character does have quite a soft side though, as evidenced by her attitude towards two children she encountered during her work for the TSAB. Here`s Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha`s Fate Testarossa (later known as Fate T. Harlaown).

The older version of Fate, sometimes referred to as "MILFate."
Fan art of the older version of Fate looking really badass.
Youtube Clip: Fate versus Signum (who could probably have qualified for this herself).

A pink-haired, horned mutant that slaughters people nonchalantly with pseudo-telekintic powers. You will sympathize. She starts off her series by mercilessly killing numerous armed guards as she escapes from a high security facility focused on keeping her species from getting out. In addition to her aforementioned telekinetic arms, called "vectors", she also is incredibly intelligent and highly capable at understanding battle situations, such as her fight against Bando, a character nominated earlier. In that fight, she does what he would least expect: she shoots him. She is completely ruthless to (almost) anyone who stands in her way, and often prefers to torture people instead of immediately killing them if she has the time to do so. Despite all of this, she's an immensely sympathetic character, and you will definitely be emotionally moved by the injustices committed against her. Here's Lucy, from Elfen Lied.

Lucy, about to shoot Bando.

Match Two:

A maid who worked for four years at the Lovelace household in Venezuela. Although her domestic skills such as cleaning and cooking were poor, she developed a close friendship with the young son of the Lovelace family, Garcia. She was once known as Rosarita Cisneros, a former FARC guerrilla trained as an assassin in Cuba and an internationally wanted criminal. Balalaika refers her as a "hardcore terrorist" to the point that Hotel Moscow had to deploy all their commandos as well as Balalaika getting involved in the situation personally should things get out of hand. Revy refers her to "That Fucking Glasses Bitch". She earned the moniker "Bloodhound of Florencia" for her relentless drive to achieve her objectives. Her tormented past and the smell of blood, gunpowder and muck like that of a sewer rat emanating from her was something Revy understood full well.
In combat, She is a truly fearsome opponent, having trained in a wide variety of martial, stealth, and weapon skills. Among the weapons she has used were a sniper rifle, combat knife, a SPAS-12 shotgun disguised as an umbrella, machine gun, grenade launcher hidden in a suitcase, spiked brass knuckles, trench spike, and twin M1911 pistols. Her strength, speed, endurance, and instincts were honed to almost supernatural levels, so much so that Rock at one point refers to her sardonically as "a killer robot from the future" (a reference to James Cameron's Terminator
movies). Presenting someone that can only be described as so deadly.....but so moé: Roberta from Black Lagoon...

Remember kids, get Terminator maid insurance before it's too late
Roberta firing her machine gun suitcase and SPAS-12 umbrella

He is an Expelian warrior whom Claude's party meets while attempting to defeat a marauding two-headed dragon. Much to his consternation, they become fused to his body thanks to Claude and co. distracting him; though he constantly bemoans their presence, he refuses to separate
them from himself when given the option. He is very loyal to his friends, but occasionally mopey, and has the lowest Luck stat in the game. He dual wields rather ridiculous looking shortswords, and in the anime is mostly comic relief aside from the times where he is possessed by the dragons, (who Rena names "Creepy" and "Weepy") during which he proceeds to kick massive amount of ass. Note that in the game this doesn't happen, and he is constantly badass. In both, he has an odd attraction towards barrels. Here's the guy with dragons on his back, Star Ocean: The Second Story's Ashton Anchors.

A short clip showing Ashton's barrel obsession.
Ashton being badass.

Voting for these matchs will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, March 18, 2010.

Last edited by Piero on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 2:21; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing a couple issues.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 0:13

Match One: Lucy
Match Two: Roberta
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 0:17

Match one- Fate. True Lucy has vectors but Fate can just blow the crap out of her from beyond the range of her vectors.
Match two- Roberta
crazyidiot78

Male

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 0:27

LUCY for match one.

That poor, unlucky bastard Ashton for the second.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 0:56

Match #1: Lucy- I can't take her opponent seriously with how she appears.

Match #2: Roberta- Crazy-ass maid you wouldn't want to cross if you're dumb enough to abduct her young master. Evil

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 0:58

Match One: Fate Testarossa. She wasn't described to me as "the most badass little girl in anime" for nothing. She's pretty ruthless in battle.

Match Two: Roberta.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 2:42

Match 1: Lucy. We have to remember to measure badassery based on the environment characters are restricted to. Have you SEEN episode one of Elfin Lied? If there was any part of me that wasn't desensitized it was disemboweled like everyone else she encountered.

Match 2: Abstain.

theprodigalson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 3:47

Blast, more tough choices. And just think, they'll only be tougher in round 2. Razz

Match One: Fate Testarossa from Nanoha.
Match Two: Roberta from Black Lagoon.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 9:01

Match One: Fate Testarossa from Nanoha.
Match Two: Roberta from Black Lagoon.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 10:26; edited 1 time in total

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 18:23

Match One: Lucy

Match Two: Roberta
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 18:25

@Piero wrote:Dante wins his match 7-3, while Onizuka wins his match 6-3. So I guess it won't be Dante vs. Dante next round. Razz

All according to plan...

MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 20:43

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 17 Mar 2010 - 13:04

I've been debating with myself whether I should actually post this particular video, and I finally decided that I should. It's a clip of Fate and Nanoha's final confrontation. Despite the fact that Fate gets pwned at the end of this video, there are certain things it demonstrates better than the duel with Signum did. Both Fate and Nanoha are combat pragmatists and they're both determined to emerge victorious. There's a constant back and forth shift in the tide of battle as they seek to exploit every possible advantage over their opponent.

Yeah, it's basically the most awesome battle between nine year old girls in ridiculous outfits ever. Razz

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 0:08

Lucy wins her match 5-4, while Roberta wins her match 7-1.

Match One:

A mercenary girl who works in the violent streets of an earthquake-devastated Tokyo. She typically shows very little emotion, but one should be careful not to piss her off –she gets extremely violent when she’s pissed off. Late in the series she’s revealed to be an escaped test subject from a super soldier project, which explains her more or less superhuman abilities (as well as the glowing tattoo that appears on her left arm when she gets really serious during a fight). Her favourite weapons are a pair of what appear to custom select-fire pistols based on Desert Eagles –which might seem like overkill until one considers that she mixes it up with violent psychos, mutant monsters, and heavily armed combat mechs on a fairly regular basis. She’s also a fairly skilled mecha pilot, as she’s proven in several instances where she’s been allowed use of Django, a high performance combat mech her employer provides for her use. The main point against her badassery is probably the fact that she hasn’t told her faux action girl partner to stop accompanying her on missions, considering that said partner seems to have a predilection towards getting herself captured (though given the lesbian undertones in said partner’s behaviour and the occasional hints of a more competent side that she shows, one could argue that she’s doing this deliberately so that this character can save her… your mileage may vary). Here’s Jo from Burst Angel.

Jo can be rather apathetic when she's not killing things.
Jo getting up close and personal with a military grade combat mech.
You Tube Clip: One of the best tribute AMVs I've found for this character.

Afro from Afro Samurai.

It is said that the one who becomes "No. 1" will rule the world, wielding powers akin to a god. As a boy, Afro witnessed his father's death by the hands of a man looking to claim the title of the No. 1. As the No. 2, he travels Japan trying to make his way to the mountain-top keep where Justice awaits. Afro eventually defeats his enemies and confronts Justice, whom he defeats and takes the No. 1 headband. Afro walks away from the battle, wearing the No. 1 headband and clutching the No. 2 headband in hand. Coming across an orphan who seeks vengeance; Afro hands him the No. 2, telling him to challenge him when he's ready. And if that isn't enough badass, he is voiced by Mr. Samuel L. Jackson.

Match Two:

A Time Space Administration Bureau private who ended up as a forward in Mobile Section Six. Her specialties are illusions and shooting magic, and she hopes to become an Enforcer as a way of following in the footsteps of her elder brother, whom she feels was wrongfully disgraced by his superiors prior to his death. As the only more or less "average" mage among the notables of Mobile Section Six (which include several S Rank mages, a rescued test subject from an illegal combat cyborg development program, and a summoner who was exiled from her village because they didn't trust her to control her immense powers), she suffered from feelings of inadequacy which drove her to try extreme and dangerous tactics in training, much to her squad leader’s disapproval. In the end she finally proved herself capable when she was cut off from the rest of Mobile Section Six and trapped in a damaged building with three immensely powerful combat cyborgs. Despite having suffered a wounded leg in the initial confrontation, she managed to outwit and defeat all three cyborgs. After the disbandment of Mobile Section Six, she followed through with her original objective of becoming an enforcer. Here’s Teana Lanster from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers.

Another pick of Teana.
An older -and from the looks of things, more confident- Teana.
You Tube Clip: Episode 23, Part Three. When nothing she does seems to be able to shake the three combat cyborgs that are hunting her, a trapped and wounded Teana decides to stand her ground and gamble on being able to defeat her more powerful opponents by exploiting a weakness in their attack pattern. (Runs from 0:29-1:27)

Noa Izumi (from Patlabor)
Badassery: Another police officer...this time riding a giant mech (that she named after her dog)...you know your a badass when you can kick ass and still look cute.

Voting for these matchs will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, March 18.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 0:25

Match One: Afro from Afro Samurai.
Match Two: Teana Lanster from Nanoha.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 0:31

Match One: Jo. I found Afro Samurai way too over the top for my tastes. Plus, Jo is pretty much a Roberta level badass in my books.

Edit: On reconsidering, it might be due more to the fact that I didn't really feel Afro had much of a character beyond being simply "a badass black samurai voiced by Samuel L. Jackson." Though to be fair Jo is hardly the deepest of characters herself...

Match Two: Teana. Despite being a mage, she's got a sort of "badass normal" appeal to her (might have something to do with the fact that being a mage or some other kind of magic user is commonplace in the Nanohaverse). Plus the way she fought during her crowning moment of awesome reminded me of a chess player. She predicted how her enemies would react to her actions and planned things out several moves in advance.

Last edited by Piero on Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 23:31; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 0:57

Afro!

...and Teana. 'Cause why not.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 9:06

Match One: Jo from Burst Angel (because she's a girl).

Match Two: Teana Lanster from Nanoha (Noa's tough, but is she a badass? Not in my book).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 14:33

Match 1: Afro from Afro Samurai
-Ginji from Black Lagoon may have been able to cut one (1) bullet in half; but Afro cut multiple bullets coming from multiple directions and above all else made it look easy.

Match 2: Teana Lanster from Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha Strikers
-Because dual wielding is just that badass.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2559

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 14:48

Match 1: Afro on the grounds of he's voiced by Samuel L. Jackson and guns only have so many bullets (I.E. V for Vendetta.)

Match 2: Teana because she's much cuter than Noa even if Noa has a giant mech.

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 on Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 17:25

Afro and Teana
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Forum Posts : 358

Fan of : Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters : Zaron + Josie +

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 20:00

Jo and Teana for me
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 20:41

Match #1: Afro- A Badass Normal who plowed through robots and a superhuman swordsman to be the Number One.

Match #2: Ugh. Comes down to who's the least flawed. I'll have to say Teana since she didn't need to depend on a mecha to kick ass.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 22:51

Match One: Jo

Match Two: Noa -- because cute and spunky is often far more intimidating (and also because I nominated her...)
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 0:01

Afro wins his match 6-4, while Teana wins her match 9-1.

My random dice roller program continues to do very strange things. This is what, the third time three nominations from the same person have come up in one pair of matchs? And the third pair of matchs in a row where one of my Nanoha nominations has come up?

Match One:

Sir Integra Winsgate Hellsing (from Hellsing)
Badassery: Can take on the Catholic Churches supernatural special ops and undead NAZI's, all while making Dracula her b***h.

Rally Vincint (Gunsmith Cats)
Badassery: Crack shot and fast cars...she "wuvs" it and can take down bailjumpers, psycho murderers, and lesbian drug dealers who have a thing for her...

Match Two:

The “White Devil” of the Time Space Administration Bureau, an earth-born mage who got caught up in a struggle over dangerous artifacts at the mage of nine after coming into possession of a powerful magical device. By the age of nineteen, she was a TSAB combat instructor and served as a squad leader in Mobile Section Six, a special unit set up to deal with cases involving Lost Logia. A significant portion of her allies are former enemies that she managed to defeat and then win over, including her lover extremely close friend Fate Testarossa. She once told an enemy who called her a devil “It's okay if I'm a devil. I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen.” (This was back when she was nine.) Her fans often use the term “befriend” as a synonym for “beat the crap out of.” Despite her general willingness to talk things over, she is utterly ruthless in combat and is perfectly willing to fight dirty if it will give her the upper hand. Here`s Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha`s Nanoha Takamachi.

Fanart: You gonna get befriended.
An older Nanoha in TSAB uniform.
Youtube Clip: "It's okay if I'm a devil. I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen."
Youtube Clip: An older Nanoha demonstrating what she does to people she doesn't like. Laughing

Alita/Gally (from Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm)
Badassery: Two words: Panzer Kunst

Voting for these matchs will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Monday, March 22.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 0:07

Match One: Rally Vincint (Gunsmith Cats)

Match Two: Nanoha Takamachi (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha`s)

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 0:16

Match 1: Integra Hellsing

Match 2: Nanoha

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 0:21

Hellsing and

Nanohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 0:30

Def Integra for match one I mean come on she made Alucarda her play thing. Match two is Nanoha hands down
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 10:43

@Five_X wrote:Hellsing and

Nanohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Same here.
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 10:47

Match #1: Integra (Enjoys smoking cigars and capable of keeping an uber-powerful vampire like Alucard under control.)

Match #2: Nanoha by default. Alita doesn't have much of a description.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 11:22

Match One: Integra. Difficult choice, but the attidute is the more badass of the two

Match Two: Alita/Gally. Aside from the fact that I nominated her, I hold a general dislike for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha... Alitawent from amnesiac to amnesiac who is a master fo the Panzer Kunst form of cyborg fighting, and then on to conquer motorball; thereafter coming back from death to take on the paragons of flan eating mad scientists, and the entire solar system governing body.

MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 16:16

Match One: Integra from Hellsing.
Match Two: Alita from Battle Angel Alita. Would have voted for Nanoha if it hadn't been for the new description.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 20:37

Match One: Integra

Match Two: Nanoha. Alita may be awesome, but I know Nanoha is awesome. Smile

Although like any good contender, she has a deep, dark secret that could ruin her reputation if it ever got out. Razz

Yeah, a lot changed between that prototype video and the TV anime.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 20:59

Match One: Abstain.

Match Two: I'm actually not familiar with either show but the pics of Alita are very badass.

Although like any good contender, she has a deep, dark secret that could ruin her reputation if it ever got out. Razz

Yeah, a lot changed between that prototype video and the TV anime.

How did she get Sakura's WAND!?!

theprodigalson

Male

Back to top Go down