Mini anime character battles (with a "test battle"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mini anime character battles (with a "test battle")

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 0:07

This is to test an idea I have, Instead of a tournament, for smaller categories only a couple notable examples, why not do one-on-one mini battles between characters.

A test of this concept is below, also, I think this is our first "negative attribute" battle (featuring Sandro no less):

Category: Unlikeable, Lecherous, Sex-Addicted, Man-Whorish Douchebags
Voting will end Monday at 11:30 PM Central Time.

Contestants:

Allesandro "Sandro" Ricci (Gunslinger Girl):

As a boy, Alessandro Ricci's (rather creepy) hobby was to observe people from a distance and figure out who they were and what they did from their appearance and body language. This brought him to the attention of a woman called Rossana who recruited him to the Public Security Division. Sandro was trained in surveillance and intelligence-gathering. As part of his missions he would seduce and bed the female relatives and associates of the activists he was targeting and this earned him a reputation in the department as something of a gigolo. There is some indication that he and Rossana had an affair. Sandro was later assigned to Section 2 to become a handler to the first of a new generation of cyborgs, a 16 year old Russian girl Petrushka, AKA Petra. Considering his background I could not think of a less suitable candidate for the job of cyborg handler. Wikipedia merely states that "Sandro and Petra have become close over time, and there is even some indication of a budding romance between the young couple", but from the amount he's shown feeling her up on panel, it's obvious what he's doing off panel.

Makoto Itou (School Days):

At first he seems like a generally mannered and composed student in year one of class three, his life becomes complicated when he begins to unfaithfully initiate polyamorous relationships with girls that he is unable to singly commit to, being the indecisive bastard that he is. Though he is initially casual, gregarious and understanding, his addiction to womanizing the female protagonists over time corrupts his personality and he instead becomes more apathetic, rash and egotistical towards others, regardless of interpersonal harm or later consequence. And if that's not enough, he reminds me of some guy I knew in high school and he was an asshole, both to women and to anyone else, but somehow women still threw themselves at him. All the more reason why I hate him!

Makoto gets what he deserves (spoilers).

Sorry for the negative topic, but i've wanted to do this one for a while.
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Mini anime character battles (with a "test battle"

Post by Five_X on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 0:35

The funny thing is, the Visual Novel of School Days has quite a few "Good" endings, including one harem ending.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 0:47

Five_X wrote:The funny thing is, the Visual Novel of School Days has quite a few "Good" endings, including one harem ending.
Yeah, it seems like a good ending until I intervene with the power of fanfiction and make Makoto lose his balls in an accident shortly after the harem ending. *maniacal laughter*

In case it isn't obvious, I vote Makoto.
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 0:57

Love the idea and while Sandro gets a bad rap in the fandom I'll have to go with him this time as if he is doing anything he should know to do better.
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 13:35

Personally, I get the impression Sandro is looking for a lot more than sex from Petra.

At the beginning, Sandro's interest in Petra as a potential partner seems to be pretty much nil. I don't think he even views Petra as a person at that point. It's more like he's been given some fancy gadget and wants to see if it'll live up to the advertiser's claims (Is it actually real enough to fool someone into thinking it's a real person?).

Over time, his attitude towards her changes. He starts to view her more as a person and also more as a potential partner.

I think it would be a mistake for any serious analysis of Sandro to overlook Rossana's storyline. Rossana was Sandro's mentor and in many respects the two resemble each other a great deal. And look how she ended up. I have a tough time believing that's not supposed to be significant. There's a strong implication in that storyline that living the sorts of lives Sandro and Rossana have had as spies produces empty, messed up people. And it seems to me that Sandro starts to have some doubts in the volumes that follow that one.

So I think what Sandro is looking for from Petra is actually companionship. Mere sex is something he can get easily enough elsewhere.

It's kind of funny, I think in a way I'm viewing Sandro at a pathetic little man with some nasty characteristics, yet I'm also finding him to be a sympathetic character. Also, he sort of reminds me of James Bond, only stripped of the the more glamorous characteristics (this is probably due to both characters being slick with the opposite gender though).

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. Don't most of those old stories about disillusioned spies who end up falling in love end badly for the protagonists?

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 14:31

Makoto Itou

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 19:32

If we're talking anime Makoto Itou, then he's much worst than Sandro. Sandro being active was part of his job so he at least has a reason, while Makoto's actions could be considered sexual deviancy.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 20:21

I don't think there was anything deviant about Makoto. He just liked to have casual sex. And so did many of the girls at his school.

It was the two girls who didn't view their sexual relationships with Makoto as "casual" is where the problems started...

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 8:35

Kiskaloo wrote:I don't think there was anything deviant about Makoto. He just liked to have casual sex. And so did many of the girls at his school.

It was the two girls who didn't view their sexual relationships with Makoto as "casual" is where the problems started...

Agreed, I'm no prude, quite the opposite at times. Casual sex on it's own is not sexual deviancy, and I can't say that, if I was friends with a group of girls similar to Makoto's "tertiary love interests". I'm not sure I could say that I would never "have a little fun". I probably wouldn't do it often, probably just have one "friend with benefits", what with the risks associated with multiple partners. I mean, I'm human too, you know. But I would make sure they knew this was all it was, a little "fun", not a serious relationship. And I'd make it clear that if I got into a serious relationship, the "friends with benefits" thing ends. I would go out of the way to AVOID hurting anyone's feelings. Makoto, on the other hand, he didn't care whose feelings he hurt as long as he got what he wanted out of them.

What I WOULDN'T do is get into a "serious" relationship with a girl and then sleep with every other girl behind her back. From what I saw, Makoto did was, for the first few episodes, he generally did want a serious relationship with Kotonoha. Then Sekai decided to help him "practice" sexual situations and he found out he couldn't get enough casual sex, and decided to sleep with Sekai and then a bunch of other girls behind his girlfriend's back. That is what sets Makoto apart as an asshole, not the simply the fact that he had casual sex, but because he thought only of himself and didn't take other's feelings into account.
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Wed 17 Mar 2010 - 0:18

Oh yeah, forgot to end this, but Makoto Itou wins over Sandro 4-1. Although, this isn't a tournament you want to win now, is it?
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Wed 17 Mar 2010 - 17:48

NICE BOAT

MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes