The explosion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The explosion

Post by Guest on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 23:08

A quick private animation for the forum. When I get some time maybe I will do some more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=YVUxr2Bct5E&sharing_token=Yrtsd1wdnfSXCw2K9Tpn0A

Limited to 25 views.

Dale

Back to top Go down

Re: The explosion

Post by Robert Frazer on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 23:18

Sorry, duey, but I received an error message saying "Invalid Secret Token". Does the video have to be Private?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 23:24

OK

I switched it to public, but if I get another take down notice for copyright infringement I'm going to lose my Youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVUxr2Bct5E

Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 0:25

Short but sweet. I like the idea of an "animatic manga", and it was good to see it actually working in action - a good proof of concept. I have to ask, though... what was happening to Angelica's face stretching out like that? On that shot it might have been better just to zoom normally on the panel itself. Also, I think that you've got the shots of the dustcart smashing through the barrier with the guard dodging, and the explosion itself, mixed up - those should be swapped around. Still, things like that are all fixable. Interesting effort altogether.

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 0:40

Nice...

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 1:36

It takes me about an hour a second. So your looking at almost 5 hours to get it the animation done.

I took some artistic liberty with the action, stretching the face and switching the panels. I would like to do some more but my current project needs to be finish, one minute of animation that has twice the quality, about 160 hours of my time and I'm hoping to get finish by the end of the month.

Would like to do a complete chapter in the same animatic style. But will need some assistance in getting the work done. Will need people who know enough about photoshop or gimp to do the cutouts, they are very time consuming. If I can find those who would like to see a completed animatic of a chapter to help, the animation it self is not that hard.

Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 4:45

I REALLY like this!!

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 5:18

Given enough time and resources, duey, I'm positive you could make a better adaptation of the manga than Il Teatrino.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 19:40

Wait, what do you mean by "cutouts"? As in, taking apart the manga images? If so, well, that's what I do very regularly. As in, once or more a week. I've gotten pretty good at it, to be honest.

EDIT: Woah, I uh, I don't actually take apart the manga's images alone (I haven't actually done that before), I take apart various other pictures. But the manga shouldn't be much different. In fact, it should be easier than a lot of what I've done. If you are indeed doing what I think you're doing. Just t'clarify.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 21:00

'Cutouts' Are images that have been taken for other images and their backgrounds have a alpha. Png format supports alpha.

The first shot has only one, the truck. So the panel was duplicated once for the truck and all the background was removed. Then the motion was to just shrink it over the background that stills has the truck.

The second shot has three. The front of the truck and corrected for the barrier. The man; his arm and hand slightly larger, over top of the background of the himself. The barrier. Also was two masks for the review mirrors.

The mans arm moves from image warping done in Anime Studio. I use Anime Studio for everything but editing. The thing about doing cutouts is that they take time. If I get lazy they look horrible, having the edges move where they should have been erased. Or have small particles that move because the background is not completely alpha. An easy cure for that is have a layer with complete fill of a solid color, under the layer your erasing. It will show any thing you missed. When done, delete the layer.

Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum