An unlikely story caused by unlikely events

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An unlikely story caused by unlikely events

Post by Reina on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 2:06

WARNING: Reina suffers from J.K. Rowling syndrome, and when in times of writer's block, kills off every possible character.

I should get to bed soon, and my friend may or may not want this going out into the world, but hey, I need to get this out. I've only taken the time to explain this to very few people, but I thought it was really interesting and the world should know it before it leaves my brain completely.
Me, being a secretive little loli and not wanting people to steal my ideas ( or merman kid to find out ), will probably remove this post/massacre it/whatever in a few days time. Until then, enjoy.

Once upon a time, three years ago to be exact, a pretty princess was sitting at her computer. She checked her email and noticed an email from someone she didn't know. She clicked it and it read:
" do u kno how 2 make me a merman? "
She paused. What? Of course she didn't! She wasn't some sort of witch. She certainly couldn't do that! She ignored the email altogether, and soon forgot about it.
A long year had passed and the same princess ( though she was more like a prince now. ) had logged onto MSN after a hard, tiring day of School. Someone strange wanted to add her. Knowing one of her friends had probably changed her email again, she accepted the friend request. A window popped onto her screen, and a boy had typed,
" hi "
She blinked and typed back,
" Hello? "
" do u kno how 2 make me a merman?? "
She was dumbfounded, but then, being the devious child she was, an idea popped into her mind.
" Of course, child. "
And so it began.

Okay, so. Two years ago, I received an MSN message from a kid, asking how to become a merman. This is when it all started. If you think I am an evil little deceitful teenager, turn back now. Personally, I feel a bit guilty about it too. Not really. Haha. I lied again. Sorry.
So, I told him my name was Lyn ( Okay, so that's not a lie. It's a nickname, and I prefer it instead of my real name. ). I was a witch. I could make him a merman. He was an impatient little thing, but I enjoyed toying around with him. After a month or so passed, I told my friend. She laughed with me about it and I kept her updated.
Lyn eventually started losing her memories. She became more and more spacey each passing minute, and eventually, she just 'disappeared'. But not before telling merman-boy that he had to find Rika, a sorceress whom had disappeared fifty some years ago. The 'magical council' hated Rika, but Rika could most definitely help merman-boy. Thus, he set out to find Rika.
I told my friend about this, and she more than happily took up the role of Rika. My new character was never given a name. She hid her name and was 'Rika's eternal rival'. This character hadn't lasted long at all. Within a week or so, she too disappeared. Merman-boy was distraught, and that's when Rika introduced herself. Of course, she went under a fake name.
We toyed around with him some more, and eventually Rika revealed her true identity, because no matter how many hints we dropped, he didn't get it.
That's when we brought in Fuu. Fuu was Lyn's apprentice, and my new character. She was a curious child, but was really patient with merman-boy. I liked playing as her a lot. She was a very calm character ( something that no longer happens in this 'series'. ), one out of a million, I should say.
Then we picked up the plot. In the middle of the night, Fuu messenged merman-boy, panicking. Now, we never revealed this to him, but here's the plot, behind the scenes and all. This is our darkest depths of planning, our mental kill-list, our codes, etc.
We had planned for Fuu to use her best magic to bring Lyn back. Lyn would be just a body though. A body that couldn't move, breathe, think, etc. Just a body. But the body would not age, rot or anything like that. It'd just stay the way it was forever. Well, we did. This is when we officially started working behind the scenes, as we like to call it.
Fuu disappeared, of course. But the next morning, merman-boy received a very aggressive message ( from my new character. ). Something along the lines of,
" Okay, you knew this chick, right? "
" wut?? "
" You knew her. Who was she. Where the hell am I. I'm not asking, moron. I'm demanding. "
" who r u? "
This, my dear friends, was Envy. Envy was a demon-in-a-humans-body sorta deal and had an ego big enough to choke a horse. She sweared every two seconds, and occasionally forgot how to speak English ( the series was slowly descending into both it's darkest depths and highest lulz at this point ).

Okay, this is more of a side note. To organize characters better, we put them into ' Gen 1 ' , ' Gen 2 ' and ' Gen 3 '. If we had the heart to kill off Gen 2 and 3 ( they're long overdue for death ), we'd be at about Gen 5 right now. Envy ( and the other ' Sins ', which will come in later ), Fuu, Lyn, Rika, etc. were all Gen 1.

She was very vicious towards merman-boy, and as much fun as she was, I truly didn't like her as a character. Now, time for her backstory. This was practically raped out of FullMetal Alchemist, but shhhh.
Rika and Lyn... well, they're immortal. Lyn was some sort of a spirit-thing, and Rika is just batshit insane. 'Nuff said. They were trying to create the perfect human, and started experimenting with magic and all that good stuff. Their first few results absolutely, positively, no doubt about it, FAILED. These perfect humans died within a few days, and neither could understand why.
Eventually, they got the magic right and created the first of their 'perfect humans'. This was Envy. Envy and the other 'Sins' ( the other creatures/perfect humans/whatever created ) were born from a mix of magic and pre-existing humans. AKA, they used dead bodies and implanted some sort of magic in them.
The perfect humans started off like normal humans, except they were instantly geniuses and all that mary sue-ish stuff. They started becoming very violent and grew large egos. Rika and Lyn started fearing for their and the public's safety. They sealed these creatures into a different world. Vanity ( or Pride, but we called her Vanity. ) was actually Rika's twin sister, whom went insane and sealed herself in with the creatures or something like that. We never really elaborated.
After you find this out, Envy demands merman-boy to join ' The Office '. It's the place that runs the magical world. They control the 'council', 'magical military', all that. Envy wants him to join and get information on their plans. After much arguing, he did. Cue my new character.
My new character was General Goodman. He was a really fun character, but a lot like the others, I never really enjoyed playing as him. He teaches merman-boy some pointless stuff, and then he's massacred by Envy and Wrath ( played by another friend. ). It turns out, he somehow lived, and he comes back, trying to kill Envy. He fails and she actually kills him this time.
Envy and Wrath take out the entire Office.

A month or so passes. Cue the Gen 2 characters. Envy explains her time is running out, and introduces merman-boy to our newest batch of characters. We called them Gen 2. They were a bunch of rowdy teenagers, and I have to say, I loved them a lot. A prissy rich-girl, a crabby boy-genius, a shy bookworm ( Well. She had split personalities, for the lulz. ) and a hyperactive, happy-go-lucky gay guy. They have pre-established relationships, which made them very interesting to me.
Envy then went bye-bye and we left merman-boy along for sixth months so we could do some planning. Finally, we had it.

This is the final and current product.
The happy-go-lucky gay guy... we really liked him, so he stayed around. He was my friend's character. He was a really adorable character, and oh god, I got really attached to him.
Freya ( shy girl ) and Victoria ( rich girl ) went down the drain, but they're occasionally mentioned.
I'm somehow paranoid of giving the names of our current characters, but here goes nothing.

My characters are...
Lovani = Bratty teenager. Lives with happy-go-lucky gay guy/Carrot ( They're roommates ). He's constantly cussing and comes up with ridiculous insults. He's pissy towards everyone.
Balalaika/Elizaveta = She was kind of based on the GSG girls and Balalaika from Black Lagoon. Her design was mostly taken from Balalaika, but her back story is similar to GSG. She was a child soldier, drugs and all, except minus the non-aging. The place she worked for was totally massacred by the government, and she was drugged ( yet again ) to the point of having no memory, then dumped on the streets. She was about sixteen at the time. She spent a few months just wandering around, getting drunk as hell and partying almost every night. Then she met this perverted French guy 8D ...and yes, he's a good guy. He's my friend's charrie.

My friends characters....
Tomatnaya, Kartofel = We've never actually RPed these two, but I hate them. I have a good reason too. Carrot hates them too. Kartofel killed his mentor-dude-thing ( my brain has stopped working at this hour. ).
Carrot = Happy-go-lucky gay guy, but he's kinda two-faced. Absolutely adores Lova, and is generally a really sweet person. He's also a bit perverted, which we played up for a loooong time.
Francis = French guy with a typical French name, ohohoho. He's a complete pervert, but is actually a really good person. He picked up Bala, Lovani and Carrot when they were all kids ( okay, Bala was a teenager but pff. ). He calls Bala his wife and Carrot + Lova his sons, because he's a weirdo like that. But we love him anyways.

For the longest time, we left the seriousness out of the series and we did things we hadn't done before with these new characters. We gave them huge backstories. We kept them around for longer than a few weeks. No one ever died. But most of all, we did something we'd never even thought of before.
We actually RPed them. Before, our characters never interacted with eachother. Only with merman-boy. But now they interacted with eachother, and we RPed them every night we could. The RPs were always really funny and cute, never anything serious. Then a few nights ago, my friend surprised me.
She brought the seriousness of the original 'series' back.
Carrot was going away for a month or so, and told Lovani it was for a school trip. Tonight, I wanted to RP and she was all, " Well. Carrot's gone, and he took Francis and Bala with him. What's there to RP? " " We could RP him coming back~ " " But.... He's dead. "
I just gaped at the computer screen. Not kidding.
I knew it'd happen eventually, and I actually had a feeling Carrot would be the first to go ( Next is Bala or Francis. Logic says Bala, but knowing my friend she's going to kill Francis before I can even hurt Bala. Lovani is last in line, I know that for sure. ). All of the current characters are long overdue to die.
The current plot is well... Lovani just found out, and Bala doesn't know yet. Francis doesn't plan on telling Bala, because ' Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned '. Bala is on the verge of batshit insane, and the moment she finds out, I've planned some epic rage.
Now, I've been all, " Hey. Heyyy. HEYYYY. We never had a Greed. Why don't we bring him back as Greed? " Because god damn, Carrot was one of my favorite characters. She won't answer me though. OTL
So, we don't know what to do. What we've done in the past is well, we just went with whatever came to our heads. But that was with characters we didn't give a crap about, and then with fluffy little RPs, nothing serious.
She might have something planned, but I have no idea where we're going from here. She already made some sort of note that there is a chance Carrot might be back, because Francis told Lovani that he met a woman named Rika, whom said that originally Carrot wasn't going to die, someone else was ( one of the other Gen 2 characters... ). Butttttt, somehow, I don't think he'll be back. I don't know though. I'm not the one who RPed him.

I'm just looking for feedback, for ideas on where to go next, possible plots, whatever. It probably doesn't make much sense because I haven't told you all of our miniplots, but you'd be here for a week if I even tried.

This will more than likely be removed in a few days or so, because both merman-boy and RPer-friend like to lurk around. Also, I'm paranoid about my ideas being stolen.
There's many characters I haven't included ( Such as Evan, Sin itself, Reina, etc. ) and missing pieces of the story, but hey, it's 2:05AM and I'm tired as hell, yet I felt compelled to get this off my chest.
I have a close friend IRL who knows the entire story too and always asks for updates, so some of these ideas belong to her too. Blah. What am I even saying? Man, I'm tired.
Tell me if this is pointless and needs to be deleted or whatever. It's going to poof soon anyways.

-crawls to bed-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we can put our differences behind us. For Science.

You monster.
Reina
Insane Psychopathic Loli

Female

Forum Posts : 73

Fan of : Henrietta, Claes

Original Characters : Reina/Clark

Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: An unlikely story caused by unlikely events

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 4:34

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 4:54

Well first off, go post in thread 12 of Piero's RPG 'cause it's Triela's turn. Hissy fit :p

Second, hahaha that's awesome. Do you think the kid really believes you, or is he just having fun with your craziness?

Since you've already been stealing from anime series, why don't you keep drawing from them? Just pick out some series, and steal some plots and characters, and merge them all together, and splice it into what you've alreay got. For instance, Dr. Stein from Soul Eater would work well in your series since you essentially have mad scientist creating undead. Onizuka Eikuchi from Great Teacher Onizuka is a fairly wild character that you could draw from. And of course there are many more series and characters to "borrow".

You could also try pulling in other mythological creatures. Talking hydras, human chimeras Wink, vampires, etc. Also, try reading Grimm's Fairy Tales as it has lots of good stories with magic and witches and stuff. Does that help any? Razz
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 5:16

what is this i don't even

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 5:34

I think my brain broke trying to understand this. XD

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 16:45

...WOW. Did I really write this? I think MY brain must've broke while I was writing this.
I'll translate it later. c:
It was 2:00AM, don't blame me. OTL
^
^
^
Well, we would, but we already killed them all. 8D So far, the series we've stolen from = Spice and Wolf, FMA, GSG, Black Lagoon, Hetalia ( Only the names, thank god. ) and some other crap.

...As I said, I'll translate this to English later OTL

I think we can put our differences behind us. For Science.

You monster.
Reina
Insane Psychopathic Loli

Female

Forum Posts : 73

Fan of : Henrietta, Claes

Original Characters : Reina/Clark

Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 18:22

I don't get what's wrong with y'all - I can understand what she wrote just fine.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 19:49

This is pretty awesome in an "Dear-god-I-kinda-don't-understand-but-I-do-and-it's-hardcore-awesome" sort of way. Yeah! Row row fight the powah!

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 15:17

FULL-ON ROBOT ASSASSIN SQUAD! bunker
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Forum Posts : 358

Fan of : Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters : Zaron + Josie +

Registration date : 2009-05-22