Badasses Tournament Round Two Voting Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Badasses Tournament Round Two Voting Thread

Post by Piero on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 0:03

Rules for this round are basically the same as for the first one.

Match One:

A female member of a species of humanoid giants called Zentraedi. Her ancestors were apparently among the first Zentraedi to ally themselves with humans (the Zentraedi had originally intended to wipe out humanity –as a note, in the Macross universe, Zentraedi were created by the same forerunner race as humans and have similar enough DNA to be able to interbreed when in micronized form) . She is the leader of the Mercenary company SMS’ all female Pixie Squadron. She is a very skilled pilot and was able to hold her own against a talented human recruit flying the latest VF-25 Variable Fighter while piloting a Queadluun-Rhea battle suit –a feat roughly comparable to the pilot of an upgraded F-4 Phantom managing to hold their own against a newer and more maneuverable F-15 Eagle or Su-27 Flanker. She also once commandeered the variable fighter of a dead human comrade after her Battle Suit was damaged despite the fact that she could barely reach the fighter’s controls while in micronized form. Perhaps one of her most awe inspiring moments of badassness came when she was in her full Zentraedi form and used a VF-25’s gun pod and FAST packs as improvised infantry gear. On the negative side, she is a frequent sufferer of The Worf Effect and has a tendency to act somewhat immature while in micronized form, though this may have something to do with her touchiness about the fact that she has messed up genes that make her look like a loli when she micronizes. Here’s Macross Frontier’s Klan Klein.

A full size Klan suited up in her powered armour.
A very pissed off Klan.
Youtube Clip: A vengeful Klan using a variable fighter's gun pod and FAST packs as improvised infantry gear.

A tough, no-nonsense police sergeant on loan from the New York Police Department, she is at her best when on her own, and is almost too
capable to have others around her. An effective and efficient police officer, she's also an expert in everything—explosives, martial arts, weapons,
command, two unrelated languages, and piloting. She joins the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Special Vehicle Section 2, Division 2 to observe and
assist them during their initial deployment. Here is Patlabor'sKanuka Clancy.

Match Two:

Can build and drive a cute little tank while gleefully blowing up the bad guys (and probably wouldn't mind punching few peacenik hippie types). She's the type to make hardcore vetrans tell her to not be so violent! Here's Dominion Tank Police's Leona Ozaki.

A selfish mercenary nicknamed "The Demon of the Desert", he roams the great Kanto Desert doing jobs for people and manipulating them. He shows his skills in many fights he has throughout the show, including one where he defeated the famous "Shimmer Sniper" using just his wits and his Winchester 1897 shotgun, modified to hold an additional shell. Another awesome moment was where he destroyed a massive, nigh indestructible tank by shooting a Frag-12 shotgun shell at the rocky overhand above the tank, crushing it. Simply put, he's the best mercenary in the desert. Here's Desert Punk's eponymous protagonist, Desert Punk.

Desert Punk with a grenade launcher
Desert
Punk's fight against his nemesis, Rain Spider

Voting for these matchs will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, March 27.

On another note, we are now into the second round of this tournament, which will be half the length of the first one, and the rounds will only get shorter from here. Therefore, if any of you are thinking of making nominations for my next tournament, please consider starting to do so soon. You could also potentially make nominations for Five_X's tsunderes tournament.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Badasses Tournament Round Two Voting Thread

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 1:28

Match One: Kanuka Clancy from Patlabor.
Match Two: Desert Punk from Desert Punk.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 2:41

klan klein and desert punk
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 10:23

Match One: Patlabor'sKanuka Clancy.

Match Two: Dominion Tank Police's Leona Ozaki.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10900

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 12:02

Desert Punk

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 12:32

Match one: Klan Klein - She transforms into a loli, which makes me laugh.

Match Two: Desert Punk

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 15:17

Klan Klein and Desert Punk

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 15:24

Match 1: Klan Klein from Macross: Frontier
-In full-size powered armour, Klan Klein is tough to beat.

Match 2: Leona Ozaki from Dominion Tank Police
-I may still be biased, but Desert Punk just rubs me the wrong way. I just want to beat his ass with my pinky. GRRRRR!!!

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 15:52

Match 1: Kanuka Clancy
Match 2: Leona Ozaki
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 0:19

Match One: Klan Klein -For both her badass attitude and her kickass piloting skills.

Match Two: Desert Punk -He's got a goofy side, yet he's also pretty resourceful and knows what it takes to survive.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 2:59

Match One: Kanuka Clancy -- Anyone who can keep gun maniac mecha pilot Oota under control has to be a badass. And she's pretty hot stuff on her own mecha as well:

And because I think that both her and Noa are badass:

Match Two: Leona Ozaki -- You do not mess with the Tank Police!

...Or her "little friend"!!!

MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 0:03

Klan wins her match 5-4, while Desert Punk wins his match 6-4.

Match One:

He's a space bounty hunter who was born on Mars. He is 27 years old and is tall and thin in appearance. He has fluffy dark green hair (I still say it's black!) and reddish-brown eyes, one of which is artificial and lighter than the other. A flashback in Session 6 revealed that his fully functioning right eye was surgically replaced by a cybernetic one (although he himself claims to have lost his natural eye in an "accident"). He is usually dressed in a blue leisure suit, with a yellow shirt and boots. He often has a cigarette between his lips, sometimes despite rain or "No Smoking" signs. He makes use of sleight of hand techniques to win card games, pickpocket, and slip things onto other people unnoticed. He is also shown to sneak up on enemies through disguise or quiet movement. He always rolls a rogue in D&D games. He is proficient with weaponry (such as his personal Jericho 941 as well as other guns and explosives) and hand-to-hand combat skills. He is a skilled martial artist and a practitioner of Jeet Kune Do. He is also a pilot and flies a converted Asteroid racer (a crazy space-fighter thingy) called Swordfish II, which is armed with four machine guns, multiple missile launchers, and a plasma cannon. When he is not shown working or practicing martial arts, he is very
laid back, sarcastic, and lackadaisical, to the consternation of his crew mates. Did I mention he's voiced by Steven Blum? Here's the ever cool Spike Spiegel.

Spike with his gun drawn, pointed at the camera

The first of Shamu’s protégés to be known by the name Canaan, though she later changed her name. As a young girl, she was viewed as a messiah of sorts by the group she ended up in due to the fact that she was from a wealthy and powerful family. As the leader of this group, she engaged in terrorist activities, biological weapons research, and a shadowy deal with at least one major government. Her true desire however, grew out of a conversation with her one-time mentor: when told of soldiers who instilled despair in their opponents due to “perfect” combat abilities, she asked where she fit in and was told she was “on the borderline.” This eventually led her to develop an obsessive interest in pushing her mentor’s later protégé (whom he also named Canaan) to become such a foe specifically so that she could prove herself capable of defeating that despair. This is also why she passed up more than one opportunity to kill the other protege, since she figured the other Canaan was only worth killing when she was at her peak. Notable, among other things, for having an incredibly commanding presence. Here’s Canaan’s Alphaard.

One of Alfaard's most notable traits is her ability to command pretty much any scene she's in with her presence. Also, apparently for her wearing high heels and an evening dress are no obstacle to giving a well established badass like Canaan a brutal (and very convincing looking) beatdown.
Youtube Clip: Alphaard busting out of the custody of a CIA paramilitary squad. (Albeit with a little outside help.)

Match Two:

This large, lone wolf mercenary is greatly feared and respected by both man and demon alike for being a walking monstrous weapon who has slaughtered both sides during his days with the mercenary group known as the Band of the Hawk and his quest of revenge against former leader Griffith. Known as the Hundred Man Slayer and the Black Swordsman, this man comes into battle wielding a massive sword called the Dragonslayer which he is able to wield with ease and shrugs off the pain of injuries while in battle beyond the normal tolerance of pain that a normal man would be able to endure. This is because since he was a child, the guy's trained rigorously in combat having quite the messed-up childhood as he was abandoned as a baby and the foster father who trained him in the sword attempted to kill him in a drunken rage. Since those times, this guy wandered for years as a mercenary for hire until recruited into the Band of the Hawk by Griffith. As proof of just how much this guy can endure in battle, he chopped off his left arm when it was caught in the mouth of a massive demon when trying to rescue his lover Caska. Here's Berserk's Guts.

The only normal agent amongst two superpowered females, this former member of the American Army Special Forces can carry his own weight on missions for the British Library. He's a level-headed man who comes into battle with experience in using firearms, explosives and hand-to-hand combat. This man comes into battle wielding a decent-sized arsenal of firearms such as a .50 Barrett sniping rifle, an automatic grenade launcher, a Heckler and Koch USP automatic pistol, hand grenades and a shotgun. He's a very tough, resilient man as he has been shown to still be capable of engaging missions despite being in helicopter crashes, falling from great heights and having enough blows delivered to his head. As proof of his capabilities, he was able to single-handedly defeat the mutated humanoid insect form of the I-Jin clone of Jean Henry-Fabre. Here's Read or Die's Drake Anderson.

Voting for this round will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Monday, March 29, 2010.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 0:05

Match One: Alphaard. Normally I don't let it all come down to "who would beat who" but Alphaard and Spike have very similar fighting styles (mixed handgunning and martial arts) and after seeing Episode 12 of Canaan I'm pretty sure Alphaard could kicks Spike's ass.

Match Two:
I like Drake better, but I'm gonna have to go with guts on this one.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 0:14

Spike
Drake- anyone who can deal with the paper masters and remain sane gets my vote
crazyidiot78

Male

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 0:31

Match One: Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.
Match Two: Guts from Berserk.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 0:46

Spike and Drake.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 8:40

Match One: Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.
Match Two: Guts from Berserk.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 11:14

Spike and Guts.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 13:01

-Badass hotness or badass coolness; badass hotness or badass coolness...Argh!! I can't decide, on to coin flipping!
Match 1: Alphaard from Canaan

Match 2: Drake Anderson from Read or Die
-I know Guts slays Dragons, chopped off his own arm, had it bad growing up; blah-blah-blah. To me, Drake is still more badass for being able to hold his own in the British Library Spec Ops Division. Why does Guts seem to be perpetually alone? Because he probably can't...and he's an emo. There I said it.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 13:41

This is probably more or less a lost cause by now, but what the hey.

It's not the best demonstration of Alphaard in action, but at least it doesn't contain too many spoilers. The one scene in here that doesn't happen in series is the helicopter jumping one, that's only in the OP (though there is a scene with jumping off a rope ladder below a doomed helicopter that vaguely resembles it).

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 18:13

Spike and Drake.

I always liked the way Drake had no special powers and still went toe-to-toe with people who did.

Jet: "Betrayal may come easily to women, but men live by iron codes of honor."
Faye: "You really believe that?"
Jet: "I'm trying to. Real hard."
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 19:22

Match One: Spike

Match Two: Guts
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 17:31

Match 1: Alphaard
Match 2: Drake
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:05

1: Spike
Nothin' against Alphaard, but she just got put up against one of the very best. Tough luck.

2: Guts
It was a close call, considering my lack of familiarity with either character... but in light of this video (seriously, that Scottish guy is awesome), the mere fact that he can wield that damn thing effectively tipped the match in Guts' favor.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:40

Spike - In space no one can hide.

Guts - Dude sliced off his own arm and replaced it with a cannon. Need I say more?

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 0:03

Spike wins his match 9-3 while Guts wins his match 7-5.

Match One:

As a young girl her family was slaughtered by a spectre. She is adopted by the exorcist who saved her and as his only child she stands to inherit the wealth, prestige, and duties of the prominent house. Wielding her new family's heirloom, the Spirit Sword Shishiou, she works tirelessly in the family business of exorcising for the Ministry of Environment. That is, until a series of events calculated by an unknown enemy strip her off all she holds dear and cause her to choose a darker power to fulfill her deepest wishes. A person whose fall from grace was so spectacular it brought the entire organization she formerly worked for to its knees. From Ga-Rei Zero, here's Supernatural Disaster Category A: Yomi Isayama.

Yomi and her cousin/sworn sister Kagura.
Yomi demonstrates to Kagura that the latter's link to her spirit beast can be used against her.

Appearing in The Duel (directed by Mamoru Oshii), an OVA in Halo: Legends, a series of anime OVAs based off the Halo series of first person shooter video games, he is a member of a vaguely reptilian alien race know as the Sangheili(also known as the "Elites"). Up until the year 2552, most Sangheili at were members of theocratic alien hegemony of multiple alien races known as Covenant. However, tonight's nominee was one of the few who fought against the Covenant long before 2552, before the start of the Covenant's genocidal campaign against humanity, even. Holder of the ceremonial Sangheili rank of Arbiter, he began to question the beliefs of the Covenant and was declared a heretic. Haka, a member of his clan, took advantage of the event; in an attempt to provoke and defeat him, Haka tricked one of the his best friends into killing his wife, Han. He later found the bodies of his wife and servant in his home. He swiftly moved to accept Haka's challenge, literally plowing his way through an entire Covenant Army unit, complete with plasma cannon-equipped hover-bikes and even self-propelled artillery to reach his wife's murderer, armed only with a pair of energy swords. Eventually, he reaches Haka and, after being mortally wounded by Haka's blade, he managed to stab his foe. Both Sangheili died at each other's hands. Presenting a someone who, in one 20 minute OVA, caused more deaths than Lucy (Elfen Lied) and did in her entire anime series, Fal 'Chavamee of Halo: Legends.

The second half of Halo Legends: the Duel featuring the the epic asskicking skills of the Fal 'Chavamee
Another pic of Fal 'Chavamee

Match Two:

He can make explosions by snapping his fingers. He wins most of his fights without taking his right hand out of his pocket. His goal is to usurp the current Fuhrer in order to stop horrible massacres from happening. He wants tiny miniskirts. Here's Fullmetal Alchemist's Roy Mustang.

Explosion Hands!

He's a special ops officer, an expert mixed martial arts practitioner, the patron saint of Tachikomas and a sarcastic bastard... also a military-grade cyborg capable of hacking into any of your implants and delivering a dry one-liner before blowing you away. Here's Batou from
Ghost in the Shell

I know, the weapon isn't exactly meant to be hand-held... but it's no less badass for that.
Eye-hacking!

Voting for these matchs will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, April 1, 2010.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 0:16

Match One: Yomi Isayama

Match Two: Batou

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 0:35

Match One: Fal 'Chavamee from Halo: Legends.
Match Two: Roy Mustang from FMA.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 1:23

Yomi and Roy. Without a doubt Yomi, though. She's just plain awesome.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 3:30

Match One: Yomi

Although she isn't my nomination, I am a huge Ga-Rei Zero fan, so I wanted to post a clip for Yomi. However, finding a good clip that isn't massively spoilerific is bloody hard, so about the best I could come up with was the moment where Yomi announces her presence to her former comrades (including her younger cousin/sworn sister Kagura).

For those of you who are not adverse to spoilers, there's also this scene, which was one of the key turning points in Yomi's start of darkness.

Spoiler:

Match Two: Batou

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 11:03

I think Yomi should have a very real shot at winning this tournament. If she and Spike get matched up I may go insane. For all of you who havent seen her in action I highly reccommend Ga-Rei Zero. Episode 1 mind-fracked me. Hard.

Match 1: Yomi

Match 2: Batou

theprodigalson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 11:18

Match 1: Yomi from Ga-Rei Zero
-Again, I'm going to play the biased card as I never was a fan of the Halo series nor its mythos. Plus, you can't deny someone fingering the pommel of a big assed sword as seen in this pic.

Match 2: Batou from Ghost in the Shell series
-As I said before, he can come down the Major and that's gotta be badass in my book.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 13:28

Match 1: Fal 'Chavamee
Match 2: Batou
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Wed 31 Mar 2010 - 0:56

match 1 fal chavamee
match 2 Roy- especially in the scene below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edF3PcLcQYM&feature=related
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Wed 31 Mar 2010 - 1:09

Match One: Yomi Isayama

Match Two: Roy Mustang
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 0:06

Yomi wins her match 6-3, while Batou wins his match 5-4.

Match One:

A stubborn man who acts first and asks questions later, this "soul-brother" of Simon is able to rally together and become the leader of Team Dai-Gurren in humanity's fight against the Beastmen. At first making himself the leader of the group after finding the tiny robot known as Lagann and being a mere trio with Simon and Yoko, this guy's machoism and reckless actions help gather up more members for Team Dai-Gurren and rack up victory after victory for the group as they steal more of the Beastman's Gunmen. His catch phrase is well known to his fellow teammates, "Who the hell do you think I am." Here's Gurren Lagann's Kamina.

Nicknamed "The Black Reaper", he works as an assassin for the "Syndicate". When on a mission, he wears a mask and a bullet resistant coat, and he arms himself with a knife attached to a wire which he uses like a rope dart. He can create electricity at will and channel it through any conductive material he touches, meaning he can instantly immobilize or even kill an opponent from close range or a distance. This is Darker than Black's Hei.

DTB OP.
The Black Reaper.
Hei gets bloody.
Hei gallery.

Match Two:

With his devil-may-care attitude, he hunts demons with a confident swagger and lethal wit. Sporting a red trench coat and wielding dual over-sized .45s and a large sword, this man is not afraid to stand out on the battlefield. He has a habit of taunting or belittling his opponents before fighting them. This is Devil May Cry'sDante.

DMC ep1 openning.
Shots of Dante in cool poses: #1, #2, #3.
Dante gallery.

This new teacher at Holy Forest Academy doesn't necessarily fit the standard mold of what you would expect of a teacher. He was a former biker gang member and barely passed exams at a low-ranking university. Plus he's a skilled martial artist and lech. But this teacher's methods of dealing with the troublesome students of Class 3-4 are seen as necessary by the school's headmaster. Genuinely caring for the well-being of his students unlike many of Holy Forest's ignorant staff, this guy puts his life and career at risk enough times throughout the series to either help those facing troubles from bullying students, dealing with corrupt school officials or humiliating any of the bullying students conspiring with Miyabi. A couple examples of what he's gone through: attending a teacher's national exam with multiple gunshot wounds from rescuing a school official's daughter from gangsters and using his body as a cushion to absorb the impact of falling into a car when rescuing a suicidal student jumping off the school's rooftop. Here's the titular main character of Great Teacher Onizuka, Eikichi Onizuka.

Voitng for this round will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, April 3, 2010.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 0:18

Match One: Hei. Kamina is pretty awesome, but Hei is more badass. Do not mess with the Black Reaper.

Match Two: Onizuka. Both characters here have basically superhuman damage taking abilities and basically manage to avoid being Boring Invincible Heroes through sheer force of awesome. I give the edge to Onizuka though.

BTW, for those of you who are willing to take a spoiler:
Spoiler:

Towards the end of the GTO manga, Onizuka comes back from the dead, escapes from hospital, and rides a motorcycle through the middle of a typhoon and into the burning school burning, where he proceeds to rescue the new school headmistress who tried to force him out of his job. He then rides out an upper story window with her on the back of his bike. While laughing.

Quote: "I've come from hell... just to get you."

There's also the time one of his students thought her wealthy parents didn't care about her any more because they were so focused on their problems with each other. He decided to prove to her that they did care by faking holding her for ransom. Problem was, some people who had it in for him found out and sent the police to his location. So the police show up outside with an armed special assault team, at least one armoured vehicle, and a helicopter. How does he respond? Simple! He incorporates them into his act and hams it up to the max acting like a communist terrorist while brandishing an airsoft uzi in plain sight of a bunch of heavily armed SAT officers. Laughing

Basically, the reason Onizuka isn't a Boring Invincible Hero is that he's so over the top crazy awesome he can't be boring. Laughing It helps that the guy who draws the manga is good at drawing crazy awesomeness. (For context -Onizuka is on the bike and is trying to get across town to stop one of his students from commiting suicide. He's being doggedly pursued by the School Vice Principal, who has been given responsibility for recovering Onizuka and getting him to face the media (or was it parents?) over a previous incident and who has, well... completely lost it.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 1:06

Match One: Kamina, over 'Chinese Electric Batman' any day.

Match Two: Onizuka, because he's so insane.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 1:45

Match One: Hei from DTB.
Match Two: Onizuka Eikichi from GTO.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 2:14

Match One: Kamina -- because he is at his very core a "badass"

Match Two: Onizuka -- because I understand that being a badass is requisite for being a good teacher [long rant deleted...]
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 4:18

Kamina. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I WOULD VOTE FOR!?

Dante.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 9:58

Match One: Hei from DTB.
Match Two: Onizuka Eikichi from GTO.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 13:36

kamina and onizuka for the over the top insanity
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 14:53

Ok I just typed Hei, erased it, Kamina, erased it, stared at the screen for thirty seconds, roared in frustration and facepalmed.

Match one: Sigh...Hei.

Match two: Abstain.

theprodigalson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 19:02

Match 1: Hei. Doesn't need a mecha to kick ass.

Match 2: Onizuka- Anyone who has the balls to German suplex the vice-principal who rejected your job application is enough to get my vote. XD

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 15:29

Hei - Electricity solves everything.
Dante

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 0:01

Hei wins his match 6-4, while Onizuka wins his match 7-2.

Match One:

A pink-haired, horned mutant that slaughters people nonchalantly with pseudo-telekintic powers. You will sympathize. She starts off her series by mercilessly killing numerous armed guards as she escapes from a high security facility focused on keeping her species from getting out. In addition to her aforementioned telekinetic arms, called "vectors", she also is incredibly intelligent and highly capable at understanding battle situations, such as her fight against Bando, a character nominated earlier. In that fight, she does what he would least expect: she shoots him. She is completely ruthless to (almost) anyone who stands in her way, and often prefers to torture people instead of immediately killing them if she has the time to do so. Despite all of this, she's an immensely sympathetic character, and you will definitely be emotionally moved by the injustices committed against her. Here's Lucy, from Elfen Lied.

Lucy, about to shoot Bando.

A maid who worked for four years at the Lovelace household in Venezuela. Although her domestic skills such as cleaning and cooking were poor, she developed a close friendship with the young son of the Lovelace family, Garcia. She was once known as Rosarita Cisneros, a former FARC guerrilla trained as an assassin in Cuba and an internationally wanted criminal. Balalaika refers her as a "hardcore terrorist" to the point that Hotel Moscow had to deploy all their commandos as well as Balalaika getting involved in the situation personally should things get out of hand. Revy refers her to "That Fucking Glasses Bitch". She earned the moniker "Bloodhound of Florencia" for her relentless drive to achieve her objectives. Her tormented past and the smell of blood, gunpowder and muck like that of a sewer rat emanating from her was something Revy understood full well.
In combat, She is a truly fearsome opponent, having trained in a wide variety of martial, stealth, and weapon skills. Among the weapons she has used were a sniper rifle, combat knife, a SPAS-12 shotgun disguised as an umbrella, machine gun, grenade launcher hidden in a suitcase, spiked brass knuckles, trench spike, and twin M1911 pistols. Her strength, speed, endurance, and instincts were honed to almost supernatural levels, so much so that Rock at one point refers to her sardonically as "a killer robot from the future" (a reference to James Cameron's Terminator
movies). Presenting someone that can only be described as so deadly.....but so moé: Roberta from Black Lagoon...

Remember kids, get Terminator maid insurance before it's too late
Roberta firing her machine gun suitcase and SPAS-12 umbrella

Match Two:

It is said that the one who becomes "No. 1" will rule the world, wielding powers akin to a god. As a boy, Afro witnessed his father's death by the hands of a man looking to claim the title of the No. 1. As the No. 2, he travels Japan trying to make his way to the mountain-top keep where Justice awaits. Afro eventually defeats his enemies and confronts Justice, whom he defeats and takes the No. 1 headband. Afro walks away from the battle, wearing the No. 1 headband and clutching the No. 2 headband in hand. Coming across an orphan who seeks vengeance; Afro hands him the No. 2, telling him to challenge him when he's ready. And if that isn't enough badass, he is voiced by Mr. Samuel L. Jackson.

A Time Space Administration Bureau private who served as a forward in Mobile Section Six. Her specialties are illusions and shooting magic, and she hoped to become an Enforcer as a way of following in the footsteps of her elder brother, whom she felt was wrongfully disgraced by his superiors prior to his death. As the only more or less "average" mage among the notables of Mobile Section Six (which include several S Rank mages, a rescued test subject from an illegal combat cyborg development program, and a summoner who was exiled from her village because they didn't trust her to control her immense powers), she suffered from feelings of inadequacy which drove her to try extreme and dangerous tactics in training, much to her squad leader’s disapproval. She finally managed to prove herself when she was cut off from the rest of Mobile Section Six and trapped in a damaged building with three immensely powerful combat cyborgs. Despite having suffered a wounded leg in the initial confrontation, she managed to outwit and defeat all three cyborgs. After the disbandment of Mobile Section Six, she followed through with her original objective of becoming an enforcer. Here’s Teana Lanster from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers.

Another pic of Teana.
An older -and from the looks of things, more confident- Teana.
You Tube Clip: Episode 23, Part Three. When nothing she does seems to be able to shake the three combat cyborgs that are hunting her, a trapped and wounded Teana decides to stand her ground and gamble on being able to defeat her more powerful opponents by exploiting a weakness in their attack pattern. (Runs from 0:29-1:27)

Voting for this match will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Monday, Match 5.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 0:19

Woo hoo first one to vote- thus proving I have no life.
Match 1- Roberta
Match 2- Teana
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 0:23

Yay, that means I'm not the first person this time. :p

Match One: Roberta. The woman's been compared to a bloody terminator for a reason.

Match Two: Teana. Because she has an actual personality, and because she survived a nightmare scenario by keeping a level head. She may not have started off as a true badass, but she darn well was one when she emerged from that building.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 1:19

Match 1: Roberta. This one is close, but I have to go with the Terminator maid!
Match 2: Teana
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top