Badasses Tournament Round Three Voting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Badasses Tournament Round Three Voting Thread

Post by Piero on Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 0:16

Do I really need to explain the rules again?

Match One:

A female member of a species of humanoid giants called Zentraedi. Her ancestors were apparently among the first Zentraedi to ally themselves with humans (the Zentraedi had originally intended to wipe out humanity Ėas a note, in the Macross universe, Zentraedi were created by the same forerunner race as humans and have similar enough DNA to be able to interbreed when in micronized form) . She is the leader of the Mercenary company SMSí all female Pixie Squadron. She is a very skilled pilot and was able to hold her own against a talented human recruit flying the latest VF-25 Variable Fighter while piloting a Queadluun-Rhea battle suit Ėa feat roughly comparable to the pilot of an upgraded F-4 Phantom managing to hold their own against a newer and more maneuverable F-15 Eagle or Su-27 Flanker. She also once commandeered the variable fighter of a dead human comrade after her Battle Suit was damaged despite the fact that she could barely reach the fighterís controls while in micronized form. Perhaps one of her most awe inspiring moments of badassness came when she was in her full Zentraedi form and used a VF-25ís gun pod and FAST packs as improvised infantry gear. On the negative side, she is a frequent sufferer of The Worf Effect and has a tendency to act somewhat immature while in micronized form, though this may have something to do with her touchiness about the fact that she has messed up genes that make her look like a loli when she micronizes. Hereís Macross Frontierís Klan Klein.

A full size Klan suited up in her powered armour.
A very pissed off Klan.
Youtube
Clip:
A vengeful Klan using a variable fighter's gun pod and FAST packs as improvised infantry gear.

A selfish mercenary nicknamed "The Demon of the Desert", he roams the great Kanto Desert doing jobs for people and manipulating them. He shows his skills in many fights he has throughout the show, including one where he defeated the famous "Shimmer Sniper" using just his wits and his Winchester 1897 shotgun, modified to hold an additional shell. Another awesome moment was where he destroyed a massive, nigh
indestructible tank by shooting a Frag-12 shotgun shell at the rocky overhand above the tank, crushing it. Simply put, he's the best mercenary in the desert. Here's Desert Punk's eponymous protagonist, Desert Punk.

Desert Punk with a grenade launcher
Desert Punk's fight against his nemesis, Rain Spider

Match Two:

He's a space bounty hunter who was born on Mars. He is 27 years old and is tall and thin in appearance. He has fluffy dark green hair (I still
say it's black!) and reddish-brown eyes, one of which is artificial and lighter than the other. A flashback in Session 6 revealed that his fully functioning right eye was surgically replaced by a cybernetic one (although he himself claims to have lost his natural eye in an "accident"). He is usually dressed in a blue leisure suit, with a yellow shirt and boots. He often has a cigarette between his lips, sometimes despite rain or "No Smoking" signs. He makes use of sleight of hand techniques to win card games, pickpocket, and slip things onto other people unnoticed. He is also shown to sneak up on enemies through disguise or quiet movement. He always rolls a rogue in D&D games. He is proficient with weaponry (such as his personal Jericho 941 as well as other guns and explosives) and hand-to-hand combat skills. He is a skilled martial artist and a practitioner of Jeet Kune Do. He is also a pilot and flies a converted Asteroid racer (a crazy space-fighter thingy) called Swordfish II, which is armed with four machine guns, multiple missile launchers, and a plasma cannon. When he is not shown working or practicing martial arts, he is very laid back, sarcastic, and lackadaisical, to the consternation of his crew mates. Did I mention he's voiced by Steven Blum? Here's the ever cool Spike Spiegel.

Spike with his gun drawn, pointed at the camera

This large, lone wolf mercenary is greatly feared and respected by both man and demon alike for being a walking monstrous weapon who has
slaughtered both sides during his days with the mercenary group known as the Band of the Hawk and his quest of revenge against former leader
Griffith. Known as the Hundred Man Slayer and the Black Swordsman, this man comes into battle wielding a massive sword called the Dragonslayer which he is able to wield with ease and shrugs off the pain of injuries while in battle beyond the normal tolerance of pain that a normal man would be able to endure. This is because since he was a child, the guy's trained rigorously in combat having quite the messed-up childhood as he was abandoned as a baby and the foster father who trained him in the sword attempted to kill him in a drunken rage. Since those times, this guy wandered for years as a mercenary for hire until recruited into the Band of the Hawk by Griffith. As proof of just how much this guy can endure in battle, he chopped off his left arm when it was caught in the mouth of a massive demon when trying to rescue his lover Caska. Here's Berserk's Guts.

Voting for this round will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard time on Saturday, April 10.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Badasses Tournament Round Three Voting Thread

Post by Five_X on Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 1:39

Desert Punk and Spike here. It's getting pretty intense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 2:23

Match One: Desert Punk.
Match Two: Spike.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 6:23

Match One: Klein Klan

Match Two: Spike

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 6:36

Match One: Hmmm. Desert Punk.

Match Two: Guts And for your viewing pleasure, here's Guts taking on 100 soldiers all at once while making an escape route for a comrade.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 10:13

Match One: Klein Klan

Match Two: Spike

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 15:41

Klan Klein - I'm rooting for the Lady
Guts - Because he's got the strong silent badassness down to a tee at least in my eyes. And the sword is most impressive.

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 18:57

That Guts vs. 100 soldiers video was hilariously hilarious. Those dudes were pathetic even amongst the highest (lowest?) echelons of crappy mooks.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 20:17

Match One: Desert Punk

Match Two: Spike -- because coolness makes badassery even more badass
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 2:43

Match One: Klan Klein. She's got great piloting skills, a badass attitude, and the ability to wield a VF-25s gun pod as infantry weaponry when she's in her full size form.

Match Two: Guts. Kind of wanted to go for Spike her though.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam on Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 2:56

From the first pair: Klein Klan
Desert Punk looks fairly badass, but his voice just ruins it. Maybe it sounds better in the subbed version Razz.

Out of the second set: Spike
Adam

Male

Forum Posts : 28

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 5:48

Match 1: Abstain.

Match 2:Spike.

Match 1: abstain

Jet: "Betrayal may come easily to women, but men live by iron codes of honor."
Faye: "You really believe that?"
Jet: "I'm trying to. Real hard."
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 13:48

Trust me, you DO NOT want to watch Desert Punk subbed. It's honestly terrible.

More Desert Punk videos!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 14:59

The seiyuu is about the same as the VA in my opinion. They really did a good job matching it. Though I don't like either one simply because he doesn't sound cool in the least bit. If he would just shut up and maybe have a slightly deeper voice, he'd be one of the most awesome characters ever.

On a side note, I just noticed the English version sounds kind of like Tucker from RvB, which makes me like it more than I previously did.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 22:08

Klan klein- hurray for boobies
Spike
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 11 Apr 2010 - 0:53

Oops, this is about an hour late. Oh well.

Klan Klein wins her match 6-4, while Spike wins his 8-3.

Match One:

As a young girl her family was slaughtered by a spectre. She is adopted by the exorcist who saved her and as his only child she stands to inherit the wealth, prestige, and duties of the prominent house. Wielding her new family's heirloom, the Spirit Sword Shishiou, she works tirelessly in the family business of exorcising for the Ministry of Environment. That is, until a series of events calculated by an unknown enemy strip her off all she holds dear and cause her to choose a darker power to fulfill her deepest wishes. A person whose fall from grace was so spectacular it brought the entire organization she formerly worked for to its knees. From Ga-Rei Zero, here's Supernatural Disaster Category A: Yomi Isayama.

Yomi and her cousin/sworn sister Kagura.
Yomi demonstrates to Kagura that the latter's link to her spirit beast can be used against her.

He's a special ops officer, an expert mixed martial arts practitioner, the patron saint of Tachikomas and a sarcastic bastard... also a military-grade cyborg capable of hacking into any of your implants and delivering a dry one-liner before blowing you away. Here's Batou from Ghost in the Shell

I know, the weapon isn't exactly meant to be hand-held... but it's no less badass for that.
Eye-hacking!

Match Two:

Nicknamed "The Black Reaper", he works as an assassin for the "Syndicate". When on a mission, he wears a mask and a bullet resistant coat, and he arms himself with a knife attached to a wire which he uses like a rope dart. He can create electricity at will and channel it through any conductive material he touches, meaning he can instantly immobilize or even kill an opponent from close range or a distance. This is Darker than Black's Hei.

DTB OP.
The Black Reaper.
Hei gets bloody.
Hei gallery.

This new teacher at Holy Forest Academy doesn't necessarily fit the standard mold of what you would expect of a teacher. He was a former biker gang member and barely passed exams at a low-ranking university. Plus he's a skilled martial artist and lech. But this teacher's methods of dealing with the troublesome students of Class 3-4 are seen as necessary by the school's headmaster. Genuinely caring for the well-being of his students unlike many of Holy Forest's ignorant staff, this guy puts his life and career at risk enough times throughout the series to either help those facing troubles from bullying students, dealing with corrupt school officials or humiliating any of the bullying students conspiring with Miyabi. A couple examples of what he's gone through: attending a teacher's national exam with multiple gunshot wounds from rescuing a school official's daughter from gangsters and using his body as a cushion to absorb the impact of falling into a car when rescuing a suicidal student jumping off the school's rooftop. Here's the titular main character of Great Teacher Onizuka, Eikichi Onizuka.

Voitng for this round will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Monday, April 12, 2010.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 11 Apr 2010 - 1:03

Match One: Tough one... Gonna have to go with Yomi Isayama, though, because I am confident she'd own Batou.

Match Two: Hei.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 11 Apr 2010 - 1:33

Match 1: Batou

Match 2: Onizuka

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 11 Apr 2010 - 2:17

Match One: Batou from Ghost in the Shell.
Match Two: Onizuka from GTO. Because Onizuka is the definition of BA.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 11 Apr 2010 - 7:24

Batou and Onizuka
crazyidiot78

Male

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 11 Apr 2010 - 10:26

Match One: Batou

Match Two: Onizuka

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sun 11 Apr 2010 - 11:05

Match One: Batou

Match Two: Onizuka
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 1:00

Match 1: Batou, because I don't care what powers she has, those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't! Especially if there fighting in Batou's universe (where Yomi would be bound by "real world physics").

Match 2: Abstain
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 1:35

To be fair, we don't exactly have GITS type cybernetics in the real world either. That being said, people in the real world don't tend to be able to slice bullets in half with swords, so I'd probably generally give a well trained gun wielder the edge in the real world. If both characters had their respective "powers," I'd probably favour Yomi though, at least as long as she had Shishiou (and hence Ranguren as well). Although I suppose there is the question of how Ranguren (her spirit beast) would do against a Tachikoma. Not so sure how that energy attack of his would do against armour. Though then again, I wouldn't put it past Yomi and the Shishiou to be able to slice a Tachikoma in half either.

All that being said...

Match One: Batou for his characterisation, even though I really like Yomi.

Match Two: Onizuka. Hei is definitely pretty badass, but he's up against freaking Onizuka here. Onizuka is incredibly awesome. He's got traits that should make him seem like a Marty Stu or a Boring Invincible Hero, but he avoids being a Boring Invincible Hero through sheer force of awesome.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 2:41

SPARTAN 119 wrote:I don't care what powers she has, those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't! Especially if there fighting in Batou's universe (where Yomi would be bound by "real world physics").
This tourny isn't about who would win in a fight or what powers characters have - it's more about their attitude and how they use the powers they have.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 3:49

Yomi and Onizuka
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 12:53

I like Batou alot but in Yomi's world the best people for fighting "Supernatural Disasters" like Yomi pretty much all crap their pants and die when she shows up. As I mentioned in the bio, her fall shook the foundations of her world. I feel like if I say more I'll need to attach a spoiler tag but episode two of the series establishes her unflinching badassery.

Batou, because I don't care what powers she has, those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!

My knowledge of 2nd Gig is pretty limited but I seem to recall an episode where Hideo Kuze ends up fighting the Major with a sword and living to tell about it. No easy feat I'm told.

Oh, and Hei.

theprodigalson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 20:33

I'm votin' for the gorram Yomi!

Also, Hei for the second match.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Tue 13 Apr 2010 - 14:41

Yomi - slicing and dicing while dressed like a school girl.
Hei

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 14 Apr 2010 - 1:07

Shoot.

People, I screwed up. I was supposed to update last night, but missed said update.

Technically, Jacen's votes were in after the deadline, but I will count them anyway since they don't change who won the matchs.

Normally I update matchs on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I like to let the Monday matchs have three days to play out because it takes place entirely during weekdays. I could update tonight, but then the weekday matchs would only be two days, plus I'm out Thursday night. So I'm going to update tomorrow night and let that match run til Saturday. Yeah, we'll end up being a little behind we're we'd be if I'd remembered to update on Monday, but I don't see a need for a huge rush, and this'll ensure people have time to vote.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Wed 14 Apr 2010 - 1:26

So everybody, vote for Yomi!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam on Wed 14 Apr 2010 - 4:26

I started watching the first season of Cowboy Bebob since I read the caption associated with Spike in the first round. It seems interesting, but I'm wondering about two things. First of all, a lot of the episodes appear to have a lot of references to the characters pasts, but nearly nothing has actually been revealed about their back stories. At what point do you actually start to learn things about the backgrounds of the characters? And do Spike and Jet ever actually get to collect on any bounties, or are they forever doomed to be poor Razz (how do they buy food and gas even hehe)?

Also, I came across theprodigalson's signature quotation and I was like "I've heard that before!" lol.
Adam

Male

Forum Posts : 28

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Wed 14 Apr 2010 - 10:37

So everybody, vote for Yomi!

I am desperately trying to come up with a way to drum up some support for her.

I started watching the first season of Cowboy Bebob since I read the caption associated with Spike in the first round. It seems interesting, but I'm wondering about two things. First of all, a lot of the episodes appear to have a lot of references to the characters pasts, but nearly nothing has actually been revealed about their back stories. At what point do you actually start to learn things about the backgrounds of the characters?

Ooh ooh let me field this one! I don't want to get into a detailed Cowboy Bebop discussion because I don't think this is the place for it, but suffice it to say the show does a good job of slowly feeding you issues from their pasts without ever really SHOWING it to you at all. You have to piece alot of it together yourself but if you don't care to do that it will tell you all you need to know.

And do Spike and Jet ever actually get to collect on any bounties, or are they forever doomed to be poor (how do they buy food and gas even hehe)?

"Lady Bounty is very fickle!" -Spike

Also, I came across theprodigalson's signature quotation and I was like "I've heard that before!" lol.

I'm very glad you noticed . That whole episode is possibly my favorite in the series both for the emphasis on honor and the almost unnoticable impact it has on the end. Enjoy Adam!

theprodigalson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 15 Apr 2010 - 0:17

Batou wins his match 7-5, while Onizuka wins his match 7-4.

Match One:

A maid who worked for four years at the Lovelace household in Venezuela. Although her domestic skills such as cleaning and cooking were poor,
she developed a close friendship with the young son of the Lovelace family, Garcia. She was once known as Rosarita Cisneros, a former FARC
guerrilla trained as an assassin in Cuba and an internationally wanted criminal. Balalaika refers her as a "hardcore terrorist" to the point that Hotel Moscow had to deploy all their commandos as well as Balalaika getting involved in the situation personally should things get out of hand. Revy refers her to "That Fucking Glasses Bitch". She earned the moniker "Bloodhound of Florencia" for her relentless drive to achieve her objectives. Her tormented past and the smell of blood, gunpowder and muck like that of a sewer rat emanating from her was something Revy understood full well.
In combat, She is a truly fearsome opponent, having trained in a wide variety of martial, stealth, and weapon skills. Among the weapons she has used were a sniper rifle, combat knife, a SPAS-12 shotgun disguised as an umbrella, machine gun, grenade launcher hidden in a suitcase, spiked brass knuckles, trench spike, and twin M1911 pistols. Her strength, speed, endurance, and instincts were honed to almost supernatural levels, so much so that Rock at one point refers to her sardonically as "a killer robot from the future" (a reference to James Cameron's Terminator
movies). Presenting someone that can only be described as so deadly.....but so moť: Roberta from Black Lagoon...

Remember kids, get Terminator maid insurance before it's too late
Roberta firing her machine gun suitcase and SPAS-12 umbrella

A Time Space Administration Bureau private who served as a forward in Mobile Section Six. Her specialties are illusions and shooting magic, and she hoped to become an Enforcer as a way of following in the footsteps of her elder brother, whom she felt was wrongfully disgraced by his superiors prior to his death. As the only more or less "average" mage among the notables of Mobile Section Six (which include several S Rank mages, a rescued test subject from an illegal combat cyborg development program, and a summoner who was exiled from her village because they didn't trust her to control her immense powers), she suffered from feelings of inadequacy which drove her to try extreme and dangerous tactics in training, much to her squad leaderís disapproval. She finally managed to prove herself when she was cut off from the rest of Mobile Section Six and trapped in a damaged building with three immensely powerful combat cyborgs. Despite having suffered a wounded leg in the initial confrontation, she managed to outwit and defeat all three cyborgs. After the disbandment of Mobile Section Six, she followed through with her original objective of becoming an enforcer. Hereís Teana Lanster from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers.

Another pic of Teana.
An older -and from the looks of things, more confident- Teana.
You Tube Clip: Episode 23, Part Three. When nothing she does seems to be able to shake the three combat cyborgs that are hunting her, a trapped and wounded Teana decides to stand her ground and gamble on being able to defeat her more powerful opponents by exploiting a weakness in their attack pattern. (Runs from 0:29-1:27)

Match Two:

Sir Integra Winsgate Hellsing (from Hellsing) Badassery: Can take on the Catholic Churches supernatural special ops and undead NAZI's, all while
making Dracula her b***h.

A Chinese-American born and raised in Chinatown, Manhattan, she does most of the fighting for the Lagoon Company. She spent most of her youth as a thief and murderer. Revy is very competitive, easily bored, and extremely ill-tempered. She is undiplomatic, believing in the use of
brute force and coercion to get her way. She is also a heavy smoker and drinker. Here's Black Lagoon's Revy.

Voting for this round will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, April 17.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 15 Apr 2010 - 0:20

Match One: Roberta. If it was Nanoha it might have been otherwise, but Teana isn't the White Devil.

Match Two: Revy.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Thu 15 Apr 2010 - 0:35

Roberta- while I like Teana better, Roberta kicks her ass hands down.
Revy- need I say more
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Thu 15 Apr 2010 - 2:20

Match One: Roberta -- Megane Meido FTW!

Match Two: Hellsing -- You know she's a badass when she can stand up with a stiff upper lip against secret Vatican crusaders lead by a megalomaniac and a regerator, Un-dead NAZI's, and make vampired including Dracula himself call her master.

MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Thu 15 Apr 2010 - 10:04

Match #1: Roberta (Still want to vote off any Nanoha cast members.)

Match #2: Revy (Integra has the attitude of a badass. But Revy has shown both attitude and the actions to back it up.)

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 15 Apr 2010 - 10:08

Match One: Roberta.

Match Two: Revy.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Thu 15 Apr 2010 - 23:26

Teana - The underdog wins my vote do in part to Roberta creeping me out
Hellsing -

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Thu 15 Apr 2010 - 23:47

Teana and Hellsing.

No Black Lagoon characters left alive!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 1:25

Roberta and Revy...dammit!!

I wanna see a rematch!!

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 1:35

Ggultra, Five_X, and anyone else who has engaged in similar practices... don't take this personally, but I really do not want to see this tournament or any other I host become dominated by negative sentiments against any particular show. I tend to find it makes things a lot less enjoyable when those sorts of sentiments become central.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 2:36

Roberta and Revy

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 2:38

rusty-spring wrote:Roberta and Revy
Ditto

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
"You treacherous bitch!" -rustyspring (After I pwned him)
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 4:48

Roberta and Revy... I thought about voting Integra but then I realized that we should be getting a Roberta vs Revy match next round, and we need to have that.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 0:05

I may have forgotten to mention this, but this is the final pair of matchs for this round.

Anyhow, Roberta wins her match 9-2 while Revy wins hers 8-3. Voting will continue in the next round, which shall be up shortly.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top