Badasses Tournament Round Four Voting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Badasses Tournament Round Four Voting Thread

Post by Piero on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 0:06

Since there are only six contestants this time, I'm doing all the matchs for this round at once.

Match One:

A female member of a species of humanoid giants called Zentraedi. Her ancestors were apparently among the first Zentraedi to ally themselves with humans (the Zentraedi had originally intended to wipe out humanity –as a note, in the Macross universe, Zentraedi were created by the same forerunner race as humans and have similar enough DNA to be able to interbreed when in micronized form) . She is the leader of the Mercenary company SMS’ all female Pixie Squadron. She is a very skilled pilot and was able to hold her own against a talented human recruit flying the latest VF-25 Variable Fighter while piloting a Queadluun-Rhea battle suit –a feat roughly comparable to the pilot of an upgraded F-4 Phantom managing to hold their own against a newer and more maneuverable F-15 Eagle or Su-27 Flanker. She also once commandeered the variable fighter of a dead human comrade after her Battle Suit was damaged despite the fact that she could barely reach the fighter’s controls while in micronized form. Perhaps one of her most awe inspiring moments of badassness came when she was in her full Zentraedi form and used a VF-25’s gun pod and FAST packs as improvised infantry gear. On the negative side, she is a frequent sufferer of The Worf Effect and has a tendency to act somewhat immature while in micronized form, though this may have something to do with her touchiness about the fact that she has messed up genes that make her look like a loli when she micronizes. Here’s Macross Frontier’s Klan Klein.

A full size Klan suited up in her powered armour.
A very pissed off Klan.
Youtube Clip: A vengeful Klan using a variable fighter's gun pod and FAST packs as improvised infantry gear.

He's a space bounty hunter who was born on Mars. He is 27 years old and is tall and thin in appearance. He has fluffy dark green hair (I still say it's black!) and reddish-brown eyes, one of which is artificial and lighter than the other. A flashback in Session 6 revealed that his fully functioning right eye was surgically replaced by a cybernetic one (although he himself claims to have lost his natural eye in an
"accident"). He is usually dressed in a blue leisure suit, with a yellow shirt and boots. He often has a cigarette between his lips, sometimes despite rain or "No Smoking" signs. He makes use of sleight of hand techniques to win card games, pickpocket, and slip things onto other people unnoticed. He is also shown to sneak up on enemies through disguise or quiet movement. He always rolls a rogue in D&D games. He is proficient with weaponry (such as his personal Jericho 941 as well as other guns and explosives) and hand-to-hand combat skills. He is a skilled martial artist and a practitioner of Jeet Kune Do. He is also a pilot and flies a converted Asteroid racer (a crazy space-fighter thingy) called Swordfish II, which is armed with four machine guns, multiple missile launchers, and a plasma cannon. When he is not shown working or practicing martial arts, he is very laid back, sarcastic, and lackadaisical, to the consternation of his crew mates. Did I mention he's voiced by Steven Blum? Here's the ever cool Spike Spiegel.

Spike with his gun drawn, pointed at the camera

Match Two:

He's a special ops officer, an expert mixed martial arts practitioner, the patron saint of Tachikomas and a sarcastic bastard... also a military-grade cyborg capable of hacking into any of your implants and delivering a dry one-liner before blowing you away. Here's Batou from Ghost in the Shell

I know, the weapon isn't exactly meant to be hand-held... but it's no less badass for that.
Eye-hacking!

This new teacher at Holy Forest Academy doesn't necessarily fit the standard mold of what you would expect of a teacher. He was a former biker gang member and barely passed exams at a low-ranking university. Plus he's a skilled martial artist and lech. But this teacher's methods of dealing with the troublesome students of Class 3-4 are seen as necessary by the school's headmaster. Genuinely caring for the well-being of his students unlike many of Holy Forest's ignorant staff, this guy puts his life and career at risk enough times throughout the series to either help those facing troubles from bullying students, dealing with corrupt school officials or humiliating any of the bullying students conspiring with Miyabi. A couple examples of what he's gone through: attending a teacher's national exam with multiple gunshot wounds from rescuing a school official's daughter from gangsters and using his body as a cushion to absorb the impact of falling into a car when rescuing a suicidal student jumping off the school's rooftop. Here's the titular main character of Great Teacher Onizuka, Eikichi Onizuka.

Match Three:

A maid who worked for four years at the Lovelace household in Venezuela. Although her domestic skills such as cleaning and cooking were poor, she developed a close friendship with the young son of the Lovelace family, Garcia. She was once known as Rosarita Cisneros, a former FARC guerrilla trained as an assassin in Cuba and an internationally wanted criminal. Balalaika refers her as a "hardcore terrorist" to the point that Hotel Moscow had to deploy all their commandos as well as Balalaika getting involved in the situation personally should things get out of hand. Revy refers her to "That Fucking Glasses Bitch". She earned the moniker "Bloodhound of Florencia" for her relentless drive to achieve her objectives. Her tormented past and the smell of blood, gunpowder and muck like that of a sewer rat emanating from her was something Revy understood full well.
In combat, She is a truly fearsome opponent, having trained in a wide variety of martial, stealth, and weapon skills. Among the weapons she has used were a sniper rifle, combat knife, a SPAS-12 shotgun disguised as an umbrella, machine gun, grenade launcher hidden in a suitcase, spiked brass knuckles, trench spike, and twin
M1911 pistols. Her strength, speed, endurance, and instincts were honed to almost supernatural levels, so much so that Rock at one point refers to her sardonically as "a killer robot from the future" (a reference to James Cameron's Terminator movies). Presenting someone that can only be described as so deadly.....but so moé: Roberta from Black Lagoon...

Remember kids, get Terminator maid insurance before it's too late
Roberta firing her machine gun suitcase and SPAS-12 umbrella

A Chinese-American born and raised in Chinatown, Manhattan, she does most of the fighting for the Lagoon Company. She spent most of her youth as a thief and murderer. Revy is very competitive, easily bored, and extremely ill-tempered. She is undiplomatic, believing in the use of brute force and coercion to get her way. She is also a heavy smoker and drinker. Here's Black Lagoon's Revy.

Voting for this round will end at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time on Tuesday, April 19, 2010.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Badasses Tournament Round Four Voting Thread

Post by Five_X on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 0:39

Whew. A lot to get through this round. I mean, three! That's one more than usual!

I vote for...

Spike!

Onizuka!

Roberta!

Done.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 1:00

Match One: Spike.
Match Two: Onizuka. Because, no duh.
Match Three: Roberta. I haven't seen Revy in action, so if anyone wants to convince me to change my vote, they should post a short video clip.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 1:12

Match 1: Spike
Match 2: Batou
Match 3: Roberta
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 2:00

Ok, looks like it's finally time to drum up support for Onizuka. GTO ep 1. Watch the first minute and a half. Or the whole episode. It's awesome straight through the whole series. Click the dubbed tab if you prefer English voices.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 2:22

Match 1: Spike Speigel from Cowboy Bebop
- While not the only contestant with the stones to take on Klan Klein; he quite possibly might be the only one with the craftiness to win decisively.

Match 2: Batou from Ghost in the Shell series
- Not to take anything away from Onizuka; but mentally picturing the both of them on a chopper; Batou just looks more badass.

Match 3: Roberta from Black Lagoon
-This was my most difficult choice of all. My fondness for Revy and her attitude is very much known. However, someone who needs to take speed in order to effectively 'calm down' enough to finish the job has the slight edge in overall badassery.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2559

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 2:25

Match 2: Onizuka

Match 3: Revy

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 3:10

Match One: Spike

Match Two: Onizuka. He's freaking awesome. Allow me to copy and past my lobbying from an earlier thread:

Spoiler:

Towards the end of the GTO manga, Onizuka comes back from the dead, escapes from hospital, and rides a motorcycle through the middle of a typhoon and into the burning school burning, where he proceeds to rescue the new school headmistress who tried to force him out of his job. He then rides out an upper story window with her on the back of his bike. While laughing.

Quote: "I've come from hell... just to get you."

There's also the time one of his students thought her wealthy parents didn't care about her any more because they were so focused on their problems with each other. He decided to prove to her that they did care by faking holding her for ransom. Problem was, some people who had it in for him found out and sent the police to his location. So the police show up outside with an armed special assault team, at least one armoured vehicle, and a helicopter. How does he respond? Simple! He incorporates them into his act and hams it up to the max acting like a
communist terrorist
while brandishing an airsoft uzi in plain sight of a bunch of heavily armed SAT officers. Laughing

Basically, the reason Onizuka isn't a Boring Invincible Hero is that he's so over the top crazy awesome he can't be boring. Laughing It helps that the guy who draws the manga is good at drawing crazy awesomeness. (For context -Onizuka is on the bike and is trying to get across town to stop one of his students from commiting suicide. He's being doggedly pursued by the School Vice Principal, who has been given responsibility for recovering Onizuka and getting him to face the media (or was it parents?) over a previous incident and who has, well... completely lost it.)

Match Three: Roberta. Her fight with Revy in Season One may have basically ended in the two fighting to a stand still, but then there's her second appearance in the manga. Okay, she was batshit crazy and drugging herself that time around, but still... she deliberately hunted a unit of elite special forces troops while being hunted herself by other special forces, she wielded a .50 Barret with a rotary type grenade launcher attached to (and was seen holding said monstrosity one handed), and she caught and then broke the blade of Kukri with her fucking teeth. Over the top it might be but wow...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 9:36

Match 2: Onizuka

Match 3: Revy

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 20:16

Klan Klein- hurray for boobies
Onizuka- hey I'm a teacher who else am I going to vote for
Roberta
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 23:34

Match #1: Spike

Match #2: Onizuka (Anyone wanna jump several stories off a building to save a suicidal student like Onizuka has?)

Match #3: Roberta (Only her and Ginji have proven capable of besting Revy in combat of what I seen of Black Lagoon thus far.)

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 1:21

Match One: Spike -- he has the "cool" badass thing down

Match Two: Onizuka -- Dude goes through hell for his students

Match Three: Revy -- The agressive attidute effuses badass
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 5:15

Abstain(Klan Klan slapping a mecha in macro form was pretty awesome but Spike is much more chill)/Onizuka/Roberta.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 0:04

Spike wins his match 9-1, Onizuka wins his 9-2, and Roberta wins hers 8-3. This concludes rounds four (yes, I know, short thread, but I like to divide by rounds), the final round will begin shortly.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top