New Cyborg Features

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Cyborg Features

Post by sasahara17 on Sat 08 Dec 2007, 09:14

In this thread, eveyone lists some new spangled technological marvels/features they'd like to see installed into the girls. becuase they are cyborgs, the girls should have some special gadgets that can make them deadlier foes or more useful assets. and of course, a little skit abouit it's development if you feel like it.

I'll kick off with the following.

---

Cybernetic Eye - Initially mentioned in 'Marked' this special module allows the cyborg to achieve several great marvels.
(1) live video feed directly to a computer for thehandlers/SWA staff.
(2) special zoom feature for more sniper oriented cyborgs
(3) Allows the girls to take digital photos and recordings, elimating the need for clumsy digital cameras.

Posted by Hillshire on SWA message board-
"Who the hell was the wise guy who used the cybereye to peek in on Triela in the showers? I'll string this bastard up by the neck when I find him! And if I find anyone with those DVD's this loon made, you'll answer to her 1897! Mark my words pervert, your days are numbered!
I swear this on my mother's rocking chair!"
- Victor Hartman

Note; Hillshire and Triela burned the DVDs in their posession of her shower scene in the center of the SWA courtyard while armed with heavy weapons to emphasize their point. All one hundred remaining copies of that DVD were summarily retuned to them. After this was posted, for some inexplainable reason, Claes made herself scarce until the incident blew over when Jose discovered Henrietta was stealing his underwear by reviewing her cybereye recordings.

---

Magnetised Girp
- A specially magnetised hand that can be activated and deactivated at will in the palm of the cyborg's hand. Intended to prevent a cyborg from being disarmed in a firefight/knifefight.

Notes on initial testing - Magnet was too powerful and firearm stopped working becuase of magnet, resulting in the slide braking off and hitting Claes in the forehead during tests. Suggest recalibration of magnet the use of weapons with plastic components to minimise this. Also someone get a non-magnetic cowbar, we can't unlodge the gun from her hand.

---

BP clothes/Cyborg armor - In case armor plates in the body are insufficient, the scientists may come up with clothing designed to maximise damage dispersion on a girls body that looks like normal aparell. It's been shown that the support personell have SWAT gear, perhaps the girls should have something of that sort.

Memo - 'Hey Wedge, bad news. Initial prototypes have been rejected. Looks like nobody wants to wear a french maid outfit. Geez, that sucks. Lets try the Bunny girl idea, maybe we can convince 'Sandro to put Petra in that.' -Dr. Biggs.

Memo - 'Finally got Jose to put Henrietta in that schoolgirl getup. Testing went brilliantly. I'd sure like to see those 5R hooligans when a schoolgirl takes an RPG to the chest and not even flinch. I think we might be due for a raise Biggs!' -Dr. Wedge

---

Sound Dampener - Special devices and counter weights in a cyborg that help reduce the sound made by a cyborg's leg movements. Intended to increase stealth capabilities if only by a small margin.

---

Self Destruct - A true last resort weapon. A high yiled bomb in the cyborg that can be detonated if all hope seems lost. Not only does it destroy the cyborg and removes all evedence of SWA activity, it sufficinetly damages the surrounding enviroment.

Note - Proposal came under severe riststance by all the SWA staff and been rejected by uninanimous vote. Man who proposed this has been summarily sacked and silence.

Add. Note - Claes recived additional fertiliser from Lorenzo, which she happily accepted shortly after Professor Wseker dissappeared. Donor of this kind guesture was unknown. The plants did turn red and carnivourous for some odd reason, and have become th subject of a new area of scientific study.

---

Rocket Punch - Becuase it needs to be said. No cyborg assessories thead can go without one. Self explanatory and a OHKO. I hope to god nobody took this seriously.

Note - A professor in the science divison lost his bob for suggesting such a development. However her has been re-instated and now the idea is under some re-evaluation, since Triela's finger jab is now is classifed as a proven lethal weapon. The idea might have some merit.

Memo - 'Triela just dropped by and declared her intent to be be personally involved with the design process. Should we let her?' -Dr. Biggs.

Memo - 'I think she just wants to watch Claes make a fool of herself. Let the princess drop by in her free time. No harm in doing so.' - Dr. Wedge.

Memo - 'Is photography allowed? She wants to bring this camera..." - Dr. Biggs.

---

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is that hot glasses wearing babe I wonder...
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: New Cyborg Features

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 08 Dec 2007, 10:54

The electronic eye setup's very Artemis Fowl, and the only one of the above I find appealing.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Sat 08 Dec 2007, 11:46

Before I catch some fourty winks...

Some ideas that could be discussed.

Active camoflage?
Built in oxygen tank to enable underwater travel?
Hormone generator/Morphine administor?
Nightvision and other sepecial visual modes?
Onboard GPS/Radar on the HUD?
'Telepathic' communication over wireless network?
Voice Filter?

You know I can easily compile a list on stupid things they can test on her, make short skits about Claes testing them out and put them on FF.net. Sound good?

I dunno, but I keep thinking of Inspector Gadget when I'm typing this. It's kind of freaky.

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 08 Dec 2007, 13:19

I like to think of the girls as having their natural functions enchanced with technology and not much else (nothing new), because I tend to try to keep them as far away from terminator (or inspector gadget) as possible.

But, if were speaking purely hypothetical / fanfiction wise:
- sounds like "cyber punck"; I think almost all the features you described are part of the original rule book. I've always wanted to try that system out, but never as much as read the manual. We didn't have enough players interested or an GM ready to lead.

Here's a bunch of bio / technical advancement ideas:
- Circulatory system
*More red blood cells (increased oxigen carrying capacity)
*More platelets (fast congeling of the blood, stops
bleading)
*This will increase the blood density since the ammount of
plasma will stay the same. (which also decreses
bleading)
*Increased blood density will mean they will need a
strenghtened heart.
*Main veins/arteries strenghtened to handle the increased
pressure.
- Higher capacity lungs to match the increased oxigen carying capacity of the blood. i.s. more Alveoli, greater blood vessle density.
- Sheer-Increasing-Substance incorporated into layer of fat tissue directly under the skin. The substance, normally behaving like a liquid, hardens into a type of armour shell within a fraction of a second when a shock is applied and quickly returns to its liquid state afterwards. i.e. decreased penetration of the skin by bullets knives, without the weight, inflexibility and other problems associated with actual armor (I think the girls don't have any beside their skull and perhaps minimal coverage of the chest. Elswere it's impractical.)
- There was a whole debate going on about the muscles. I would be most pleased with an integrated solution. Live muscles combined with artificial ones.

Some crazy stuff:
- internalized weapons: blades, poison injectors, electic shock devices.
- Hell, I could make up some more, but thinking about the girls "enchanced" in this way seems somewhat wrong to me / makes me feel uncomfortable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Sat 08 Dec 2007, 14:17

@sasahara17 wrote:I dunno, but I keep thinking of Inspector Gadget when I'm typing this. It's kind of freaky.

Great,now i can't get the image of Triela going "go go gadget copter" and flying off in the distance out of my head.

"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."Alden Nowlan
"Happy is the one who's able to laugh at himself:he's sure to be entertained for a long time"

Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 08 Dec 2007, 15:22

i think a radio implant like something from metal gear solid or ghost in the shell would be neat.

3klicks- I don't see how increasing the blood density would benificial to the cyborgs as their would be an increased chance of clotting, and the higher pressure needed to move the blood would blow out the smaller vessels and cappilaries. How ever increasing overall blood volume would work and or adding extra oxygen binding proteins (free floating hemoglobin for example) to the plasma would increase O2 ccapacity with out increasing the chance of clotting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 08 Dec 2007, 16:05

- The increase in density would not be all that great. It's not an intended feature, but the result of a higher density of red cells and platelets.
- I mentioned that the heart would be modified to handle it. The blood preassure ivaries in the body; the main arteries have to handle a lot more (and would be replaced/strengthened) then other areas, if the pressure increase isn't dramatic the smaller wessles can handle it.
- There are pretty large differences in blood pressure between regular humans. The ones that have it over the norm are at an increased risk of complications; but these usually happen as a person ages, 13 year old cyborgs should be able to handle it. [In short the girls pressure would proubably be above the norm for humans, but not much: still in the safe range for a young cyborg, You can also restrict the blood pressure in some areas by using valves in the veins/art. and only direct the excess blood to the most important areas (which would be strengthened with special care)]
- I doubt the clotting would become an issue with an artificial heart running at a higher pressure (as I said above not much higher). And the cyborgs have limbs replaced so often that the clotimg wouldn't have much time to develop. LOL Anyway considering how often the girls go in for surgery I don't see it as a problem, considering the higher pressure and that the blood density will not be all that high.
- I don't really have the knowledge to comment deeply on the increase of boold volume vs. increase of useful components in the blood. Increasing blood volume is done by some athletes (although it's prohibited) by extracting blood, forcing the body to produce more, and then reintroducing it into the body. The main purpose is getting more red blood cells; so, I figured that the cyborgs with advanced technology could take care of the potential problems.
- Clotting and fast sealing of wounds go hand in hand in some ways. The cyborgs stop bleading very quickly and I'm not even sure whether we had a debate over this.
- I don't know much about Oxigen binding proteins interact with the body, but as long as they can perform the O2 function as well as red blood cells (I know it's the HG in red b cells that does that work, but I don't know whether the structure of the carier has any influance on the process), it sounds like a good idea.

- Most people don't have the optimal blood composition. In the most limited case the girls can have it altered to fit the optimum for a human.

[edit]Holy cow, did I write all that? Sorry about that, I'm really bad at keeping my thoughts concise.

p.s. - The radio idea I could still go with. Also, identification chips are already used in some special forces so they'd proubably have that too.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 08 Dec 2007, 18:22

I think Yu Aida would have included most of these in his universe if he had wanted too. The problem here is that he kept the technology as simple as possible. Think: Six Million Man. They are designed to be stronged enough to kill a slightly above average adult person while with their bare hands. The Type 2 cyborgs are only at best 2.5 times stronger than an average person. A Type 1 is supposed to be from 4 to 5 times as strong.

Everything else, is as slightly futuristic Earth is in terms of technology. Notice- if they had rayguns then, they would be using them. Instead, they are still using guns.

As for organs, they have hearts, skin, internal hearing and eyes that we know of. Kidneys, livers, stomach, intestines are a possibility. Nerves- only motor nueron interfaces to the synthetic muscles. Bones are of the carbon fiber frame.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Sat 08 Dec 2007, 20:36

Before I start discussing the gadget proposals, I'll get my replies out of the way first.

--
Replies
--

3klicks wrote:I like to think of the girls as having their natural functions enhanced with technology and not much else (nothing new), because I tend to try to keep them as far away from terminator (or inspector gadget) as possible.
@ElfenMagix wrote:I think Yu Aida would have included most of these in his universe if he had wanted too ... They are designed to be strong enough to kill a slightly above average adult person while with their bare hands...Everything else, is as slightly futuristic Earth is in terms of technology.
Seems to me that 'cyborg' in GSG simply refers to a person that has received several artificial enhancements and drugs. No weird and wonderful built in heat ray of that sort. Hence why the use of the terms 'mechanical body', 'extra ordinary junior operative' and 'justice bodies' in the actual story. But this thread is simply meant to discuss any new device, no matter how absurd or ridiculous, that could possibly be implemented on the SWA cyborgs. It would help if we broke the proposals into 'SWA approved' (i.e. might actually sound plausible in the GSG world) and 'Never happens' (Fun stuff we throw in just for discussions sake).

@Totoum wrote:Great,now i can't get the image of Triela going "go go gadget copter" and flying off in the distance out of my head.
I had a dream last night. It involved Claes being a test bed for all kinds of Inspector Gadget type devices. Gadget Copter, Gadget springs, Gadget Rocket Punch, Gadget Toothpaste hose gun, Gadget Extendable Neck, Gadget Laser Beam eyes... As you can tell, when she heard what the scientists decided to installed on her, Claes was less than enthusiastic in wanting to help them test out their new 'Gadget Rubber Arms' (read; she fainted in abject horror when they informed her she was now a cartoon character), especially with a smirking Triela standing off to the side with a video camera. She went through with it though, and Triela caught it all on camera. Woke up giggling insanely. Best damn dream I ever had.

---
Real
---

I think enhancements to the blood circulatory system will
be the logical next step in the cyborg development. All of 3-klicks
suggestions sound plausable in the GSG theme. The strengthened
artificial heart will also sound neat since Lorenzo did mention their
research did eventually go into civilian research, and a strong
artificial heart does support this idea. I'd also think that this
enhancement will be more hormone controlled, using some kind of in built hormone dispenser type
thing that releases the appropriate drug/hormone into the bloodstream
to achieve the desire effect, i.e. greater red blood cell production,
greater adrenalin production, etc... It'll also be useful if it
dispensed things like morphine or some other combat enhancing drugs.

The enhanced artificial lungs
I think are plausible for much the same reason as the strengthened
heart. Civilian benefit, natural progression of research, etc... It
also opens up a whole new area of commando tactics to
the cyborgs since they can lie in ambush in a body of water for
extended periods of time. Perhaps it can also double as an oxygen store?

The hardening fat/gel substance
sounds like an ingenious form of armour. Since a layer of gel
substances have often been referred to in sci-fi as a common mode of
impact absorption. I'm not sure if it can absorb a bullet that well,
but it definitely will allow the girls to fall greater distances and
take greater blunt hits. Nice one 3-klicks.

How about some enhancements to the Nervous System to improve reaction time, or more neural connections
throughout the body just in case some wise guy sends a knife though the
spinal cord so as the girl does not immediately lose connection to her
lower body? Something like additional neural pathways that run though
alternate routes or optic fibre wire neural connections?

---
Absurd
---

I've already talked about the Rocket Punch (can't talk about ridiculous cyborg weaponry withot that coming up) but how about X-Ray vision? I know of at least one girl who will make liberal use of that.

And if we're on the subject of built in weapons, what about a hidden compartment for
a girl to store a sidearm in her body? I'm sure Henrietta, who does not
have her uterus anymore, could spare some space in her lower abdomen to
store a derringer or two. How she stores them there and retrieved them,
I don't really want to know, but it's a thought.

As for an actual 'weapon', how about long range electromagnets in
their hands? Put them in the palms to their hands and give the 5R the
illusion that the dolls now have telekinesis... that iron skillet just
went flying across the room. If anything the scare value will be worth
it.

Then there are the Laser Beam eyes. I'm pretty sure this is self explanatory.

Just to top of the absurdity, make all these gadgets voice activated ala Inspector Gadget. I'm sure Rico will just nod and smile with acceptance, but as with my Dream, Triela and Claes will be mortified someone has turned them into this walking collection of ridiculous junk gadgets.

As for more serious 'Absurd devices', how about Ablative Armor?
I'm not sure how this can possibly be implemented on the girls, but
something that breaks off to ensure the rest of the body remains intact
sounds solied in theory.

And an MGS codex? That would be cool. Nothing more needs to be said on that.

Last edited by on Sat 08 Dec 2007, 20:55; edited 1 time in total

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 00:00

blood
Don't increase the blood in the body. Use better blood. There are two types of artificial blood under development, and both have advantages over what flows in your veins. The that has wider support is hemoglobin. Basicly companies are stripping the oxygen carry part of the red blood cell out, and putting it in a bottle. This makes it smaller then actually blood, so you should get a slight increase in the amount of oxygen per unit of blood. The second kind of artificial blood is wholly artificial. It happens to be much much smaller then red blood cells, so you can get a much higher oxygen level per unit of blood. However I do believe it has a limited life span, I'm not sure if the same is true for the hemoglobin derivatives.

If anyone is curious about what possible pay offs there are to increased blood supply look at Blood doping. However I do believe the more blood you have the more free radicals you have floating around in your body. Which does can damage your body. So you have to walk a careful balance if your going to increase the oxygen capacity of the girls blood. I doubt you'll be able to change the body chemistry enough to avoid the damaged caused by free radicals.

On to the crazy stuff!

@sasahara17 wrote:The hardening fat/gel substance
This one is indeed cool. I am left with this odd thought though. You think Triela will complain about them making her fat? I'm sure she wouldn't change her physique much, but I can't see the girls reacting well to: 'we're going to put more fat in your body.' That, and this kid will be a god damn tank.

@sasahara17 wrote:How about some enhancements to the Nervous System to improve reaction time, or more neural connections
How about we just give the spin the same treatment the skull has seen? Nerves are some of the most complex part of the body. Leaving them alone can't hurt.

@sasahara17 wrote:I've already talked about the Rocket Punch (can't talk about ridiculous cyborg weaponry withot that coming up) but how about X-Ray vision? I know of at least one girl who will make liberal use of that.
Rocket punch... Rocket PUNCH! ROCKET PUNCH!!!

@sasahara17 wrote:And if we're on the subject of built in weapons, what about a hidden compartment for
a girl to store a sidearm in her body?
Going all out Robocop are we? An idea to be sure, but I'm sure there are better

@sasahara17 wrote: I'm sure Henrietta, who does not have her uterus anymore, could spare some space in her lower abdomen to store a derringer or two. How she stores them there and retrieved them, I don't really want to know, but it's a thought.
\\takes rolled up newspaper hits Sasahrar17.
Bad, very bad!

@sasahara17 wrote:As for an actual 'weapon', how about long range electromagnets in
their hands? Put them in the palms to their hands and give the 5R the
illusion that the dolls now have telekinesis... that iron skillet just
went flying across the room. If anything the scare value will be worth
it.
Sure thats one option. You might have to try to dodge other pieces of metal, like watchs, that come flying at you. I can't believe you missed the big use for this though.

Claes: \\Opens her door to the sight of Triela clinging to a wall. "Triela, how on gods green earth are you doing that?
Triela: It was awesome Hilshire, and I just got back from this lab right. Well I must have gotten bitten by a radioactive spider, or something.'Cause when I woke up I was clinging to the wall like this.
Claes: \\nods dumbly
Triela: I'M SPIDER MAN! Okay well spider woman, but still.
Claes: You have got to be shitting me right? It can't happen that way... can it?
Hilshire: Triela, what are you doing?!
Triela: I'm Spider Woman! I need a costume.
Hilshire: More like spider girl...
Triela: WHAT?!
Hilshire: You heard what I said now get down all ready!
Triela: fine...
Hilshire: I didn't think there would be enough metal in these old walls...
Triela: Yeah I was surprised to.
Claes: Wait metal?
Triela: Yeah \\holds up hand. New electromagnets in my plams, and feet. Don't know what they wanted me to do with it, but it makes me Spider WOMAN on the right kind of walls, and ceiling.

Super absurd: GUNSLINGER GIRL MECHA COMBINATION! Rico & Angelica form the legs! Henrietta form the Chest. Triela form the right arm, Beatrice form the left arm. Cleas form the head!

Sandro: Petra form the Ti \\struck by rocket punch Triela AHHH!
MECHA COMBINATION GSG: GO Team!

Strive for your next breath. Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one. Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 00:21

Super absurd: GUNSLINGER GIRL MECHA COMBINATION! Rico & Angelica
form the legs! Henrietta form the Chest. Triela form the right arm,
Beatrice form the left arm. Cleas form the head!

:lol!: Yeah, if we want to go weay over the top, why not have them transform. This will give the words "Cyborgs in disguise" a new meaning. Oh, wait it already has.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 00:38

@Wileama wrote:
@sasahara17 wrote:And if we're on the subject of built in weapons, what about a hidden compartment for
a girl to store a sidearm in her body?
Going all out Robocop are we? An idea to be sure, but I'm sure there are better...
@sasahara17 wrote: I'm sure Henrietta, who does not have her uterus anymore, could spare some space in her lower abdomen to store a derringer or two. How she stores them there and retrieved them, I don't really want to know, but it's a thought.
\\takes rolled up newspaper hits Sasahrar17.
Bad, very bad!
*Gets bonked on the head with newspaper*. Ow!
I suppose I deserved that. But if that hidden compartment in the abdomen was bad, I'm sure some of the other devices I've cooked up will be more offensive. I think I will refrain from posting them for now.

@Wileama wrote:Super absurd: GUNSLINGER GIRL MECHA COMBINATION! Rico & Angelica form the legs! Henrietta form the Chest. Triela form the right arm, Beatrice form the left arm. Cleas form the head!

Wowsers. I guess this means they'll need some sentai-costumes (power ranger costumes).

The 'Spider-Man' thing was hillarious. There's a thought, give Triela 'Wolverine claws'. I'm sure she'll love using them even if they do hurt whenever they come out. Pino is going to piss himself if she ever pulls that trick out on him.

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 01:01

You have every right to post so. I just like keeping it real...
@sasahara17 wrote:---
Real
---

I think enhancements to the blood circulatory system will
be the logical next step in the cyborg development. All of 3-klicks
suggestions sound plausable in the GSG theme. The strengthened
artificial heart will also sound neat since Lorenzo did mention their
research did eventually go into civilian research, and a strong
artificial heart does support this idea. I'd also think that this
enhancement will be more hormone controlled, using some kind of in built hormone dispenser type
thing that releases the appropriate drug/hormone into the bloodstream
to achieve the desire effect, i.e. greater red blood cell production,
greater adrenalin production, etc... It'll also be useful if it
dispensed things like morphine or some other combat enhancing drugs.

The Dirty Pair/Lovely Angels were set up like this, and one of the genetically engineeredd implants was called 'The War Gland.'

But Blood has a strange property that very few liquids and other hybrid solid/liquid materials has- the more pressure you put it through, the more it behaves like a solid and not a liquid. This is why High Blood Pressure is a danger. Secondary damage is ruptured capillaries which will lead to Strokes, hemoraging in the brain and other organs, and Multiple Organ Failure. Its gets yuck after a while. But if you think about it- if you have Claes (who has a natural heart) chase Elsa (who is believed to have an artifical heart), Claes can chase Elsa until she starts to hemorage herself to death...

@sasahara17 wrote:
The enhanced artificial lungs
I think are plausible for much the same reason as the strengthened
heart. Civilian benefit, natural progression of research, etc... It
also opens up a whole new area of commando tactics to
the cyborgs since they can lie in ambush in a body of water for
extended periods of time. Perhaps it can also double as an oxygen store?

The hardening fat/gel substance
Laws of physics stops both of them, unfortunately. The Fat/gel would be good for bullet proofing, but it adds weight. Secondly, if they were to fall from a great height (lets say 8 stories- makes a great Leaning Tower of Pissa battle!), when their bodies hit the floor- their internal organs still are falling and will crash against this harden material... creating Dead Cyborg.

As for the lungs... Nature made us to be minimal in resources and gave us the minumum of organs required to stay alive. In short, we're not Klingons! Doing this to a cyborg- you would be creating a Klingon...

But to fix this- instead of lungs, you can change the composition of their hemoglobin from Iron based to Copper, Silver or some other 'more electron free' metal, which will allow more oxygen to attach itself to the hemoglobin. This means more O2 richer blood, which will allow them to stay under water or hold their breathes for longer periods of time.

@sasahara17 wrote:
How about some enhancements to the Nervous System to improve reaction time, or more neural connections
You'll have Fernando G.,which will take a lifetime of experience to have them get used to the sensitivity over loads they will be recieving on a daily basis. In short, you will have cyborgs running on hyper caffine and sugar highs, not wanting to come out of their isolation chambers because the world is so loud!
:lol!:

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 01:36

@sasahara17 wrote:I suppose I deserved that. But if that hidden compartment in the abdomen was bad, I'm sure some of the other devices I've cooked up will be more offensive. I think I will refrain from posting them for now.
But now I'm curious. Also got me thinking about this idea. I first remember it from snow crash, where it caused the assailant to pass out. The actual versions make me cringe.

@sasahara17 wrote:Wowsers.
Holy terminology batman, I haven't heard that since I last watched Scooby do!

@sasahara17 wrote:The 'Spider-Man' thing was hillarious. There's a thought, give Triela 'Wolverine claws'. I'm sure she'll love using them even if they do hurt whenever they come out. Pino is going to piss himself if she ever pulls that trick out on him.
Yes, I declare it awesome. I can just see her face tensing for the pain, only to smile as they come out. The claws already dripping her blood as raises them to attack. Oh hell yeah.

@ElfenMagix wrote:Laws of physics stops both of them, unfortunately. The Fat/gel would be good for bullet proofing, but it adds weight. Secondly, if they were to fall from a great height (lets say 8 stories- makes a great Leaning Tower of Pissa battle!), when their bodies hit the floor- their internal organs still are falling and will crash against this harden material... creating Dead Cyborg.
Weight shouldn't be much of an issue for the girls. They are already denser then others of their size. Besides it's not like the body has a lot of extra free space for this kind of material. So you wont be able to add a lot of it with out making the girls fat. Which for the your own personal safety you would never do. So the mass addition should be minor. The girls may be slightly less maneuverable, but they'll adjust. Now as for something like falling. If this is an outside layer, that you've added all you've really done is trade a few mellimeters of flesh for the ground. These organs where going to crush against the ground, so the gel layer isn't really and different.

@ElfenMagix wrote:Nature made us to be minimal in resources and gave us the minumum of organs required to stay alive.
It's true the human body isn't the most resilient. Still you have two kidneys for a reason. Your liver will grow back from just 30% of it's original mass. You have two testicles, I hope. Razz Those who are more fit survive. So nature made you a bit more robust then the bare minimum to stay alive. Thought there is always room to improve on the design.

@ElfenMagix wrote:But to fix this- instead of lungs, you can change the composition of their hemoglobin from Iron based to Copper, Silver or some other 'more electron free' metal, which will allow more oxygen to attach itself to the hemoglobin. This means more O2 richer blood, which will allow them to stay under water or hold their breathes for longer periods of time.
Again I'm no expert, but you haven't dealt with the issue of free radicals. All the oxygen in your blood stream wont do you any good if your killing yourself at the cellular level. There is an upper limit to this stuff.

Strive for your next breath. Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one. Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 01:38

The 'Spider-Man' thing was hillarious. There's a thought, give Triela 'Wolverine claws'.
I'm sure she'll love using them even if they do hurt whenever they come
out. Pino is going to piss himself if she ever pulls that trick out on
him.
This is very cool. Very Happy I can totally see Triela with volverine claws. Hell, I love the idea: whish some artist would draw her with them.

@Wileama wrote:
This one is indeed cool. I am left with this odd thought though.
You think Triela will complain about them making her fat? I'm sure she
wouldn't change her physique much, but I can't see the girls reacting
well to: 'we're going to put more fat in your body.' That, and this kid will be a god damn tank.
http://www.sciencentral.com/articles/view.php3?type=article&article_id=218392807
The Sheer-Increasing-Substance is actually used in experimental armour. There is a way to impregnate Kevlar with it so that you get a lot more strenght with the same weight or the same strenght with reduced weight. The layer would be rather thin and imbued in the skin so it wouldn't make them fatter. It would take some convincing though.

T: "Are you absolutely sure?"
Reasercher: "Yes, you won't notice the difference."
T: "What about my waist?"
R: "It'll stay the same."
T: "...What about my ass?"
R: "It won't change a thing, really."
T: "What about if you use a lot of it?"
R: "Well, I suppose it would add some extra tissue."
T: "Er, doctor, I have a favour to ask you." *whispers*
R: "What!"
T: "Just a little bigger. Please." *kiss*
R: "Jeasus H. Christ someone will kill me for this."
T: "You got it all wrong. People will thank you for this."

(Yeah, I had no idea where I was going with that.)

@ElfenMagix wrote:
Laws of physics stops both of them, unfortunately. The Fat/gel
would be good for bullet proofing, but it adds weight. Secondly, if
they were to fall from a great height (lets say 8 stories- makes a
great Leaning Tower of Pissa battle!), when their bodies hit the floor-
their internal organs still are falling and will crash against this
harden material... creating Dead Cyborg.
The stuff only hardens when a lot of force is applied quickly over a small area. A fall is relatively slow compared to a bullet or even a knife, and is absorbed by a far greater area, so the substance would be likely to react only in the feet, if at all.

@ElfenMagix wrote:You'll have Fernando G.,which
will take a lifetime of experience to have them get used to the
sensitivity over loads they will be recieving on a daily basis. In
short, you will have cyborgs running on hyper caffine and sugar highs,
not wanting to come out of their isolation chambers because the world
is so loud!
LOL Henrietta is already getting too much sugar. :lol!:

I think Sasahara might have meant back-up nerves. Sort of like in Evangelion or Candidate for Goddess. When a primary link is registered as broken the secondary takes over. It would be very difficult in a cannon GSG univers, but we're talking hypothetical now.

Zaniness:
- The cyborg and handler need to have some attack they do together. Something really corny, but incredibly destructive.
- All the cyborgs can serve as control modules for some gigantic mechanical beast, that they can "summon"

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 01:58

3klicks wrote:Zaniness:
- The cyborg and handler need to have some attack they do together. Something really corny, but incredibly destructive...

*They touch hands*
Cyborg/Handler Twins Powers- ACTIVATE!
Cyborg: Shape of a TallyWhacker!
Handler: Form of a Big O' TallyWhacking Hand!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 02:46

3klicks wrote:http://www.sciencentral.com/articles/view.php3?type=article&article_id=218392807
The Sheer-Increasing-Substance is actually used in experimental armour. There is a way to impregnate Kevlar with it so that you get a lot more strenght with the same weight or the same strenght with reduced weight. The layer would be rather thin and imbued in the skin so it wouldn't make them fatter. It would take some convincing though.

3klicks wrote:The stuff only hardens when a lot of force is applied quickly over a small area. A fall is relatively slow compared to a bullet or even a knife, and is absorbed by a far greater area, so the substance would be likely to react only in the feet, if at all.
I have heard about this stuff before, but always as a stand alone liquid layer, never as a treatment for Kevlar. It's true there are some thin kevlar vests around. However if you really want to stop the high end stuff it gets thick, thick enough to notice. However the exact material physics of it are odd enough that I would only trust an expert when talking about the particulars. What is a lot of force, and how does small change in relation to the force being applied. Part of the issue is how the cyborg lands, part of the issue is the material itself. I agree it shouldn't make that big a difference, the ground is hard enough as it is, a thing layer of this stuff shouldn't matter. It makes a great idea though.

3klicks wrote:T: "Are you absolutely sure?"
\\Laughs.

3klicks wrote:- All the cyborgs can serve as control modules for some gigantic mechanical beast, that they can "summon"
Yes. You have two hours to get a concept on my desk. I want to hit prototype by the end of the month.

@ElfenMagix wrote:*They touch hands*
Cyborg/Handler Twins Powers- ACTIVATE!
Cyborg: Shape of a TallyWhacker!
Handler: Form of a Big O' TallyWhacking Hand!
\\attempts to stop eyebrows from twitching
\\gives up
NO NO NO

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 14:15

@Wileama wrote:I have heard about this stuff before, but always as a stand alone
liquid layer, never as a treatment for Kevlar. It's true there are some
thin kevlar vests around. However if you really want to stop the high
end stuff it gets thick, thick enough to notice. However the exact
material physics of it are odd enough that I would only trust an expert
when talking about the particulars. What is a lot of force, and how
does small change in relation to the force being applied. Part of the
issue is how the cyborg lands, part of the issue is the material
itself. I agree it shouldn't make that big a difference, the ground is
hard enough as it is, a thing layer of this stuff shouldn't matter. It
makes a great idea though.
The layer will be thin. Definitely not enough to stop a bullet or even a knife (we know that those go into the girls flesh). What it will do is dampen the impact and decrease the penetration. The bullets get lodged in the girls arms, but they don't go all the way through (and normally they would have a large probability of doing so), and they don't cause enough of a shock to noticably impede the functions of the arm.

The force applied by a knife at the moment of impact can actually be a lot greater then even a large fall. In the case of the fall the energy is spread out over an area hundreds of times greater then the area of the knife point, and you usually bend your legs, which increases the time of action, and decreases the force even more.

But, yeah: maybe we should send those guys an e-mail and ask them to join our forum so we can find out how their invention can be applied to little cyborg girls. :lol!: That would be a more worthy persuit for them then mundane endevours such as reinforcing kevlar.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 21:58

Just noticed the 'War Gland' actually had a name. That's all well and good.

3klicks wrote:T: "Are you absolutely sure?"
Man that will be funny. I can see it now. Triela comes up to right Pino (again) and she shocks her rival senceless with her newfound assets. More useful than silicone too. After his initial shock, he'd punch here... there... and break his fist against the gel armor. Serve'm right!

3klicks wrote:I think Sasahara might have meant back-up nerves. Sort of like in Evangelion or Candidate for Goddess. When a primary link is registered as broken the secondary takes over. It would be very difficult in a cannon GSG univers, but we're talking hypothetical now.
That's what I was intending. It would be awfully stupid if a small knife served the nural connections in the spinal chord and rendered one of the girls unable to move.

As for my more evil devices, they're all perverted. The Hillshire Sausage launcher for instance. I'm sure Triela would 'love' to have that installed in her arm... or somewhere else.

sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 23:20

Some kinda healing factor would be nice.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 00:12

Did the cybernetic eye already... which was actually an eye encased in a bullet-proof glass shell (I met somebody who lost their right eye, and got it replaced with a glass one, which was connected to the tissue that moves the eyes, which is attached to the left eye).

When Henrietta was fighting one of G.D. Wallez's cyborgs, she knew the eye weakness, and fired her P239 at the man's eye, only to have it richotte.

I also gave a cyborg (Wallez's idea) fully encased body armor, something like you'd see from Halo.

Anyway,
In the forum story we're doing in 'Paradice for All', a few of the cyborgs became psykers.

The self destruct doesn't seem like too bad an idea. I think I rememeber I was going to have Wallez implant a bomb into one of the girls. But, it is feasible. Were the girls ever to be kidnapped, lost, or etc., to keep their secret, what better way to rid of the evidence than to have them explode.

... ok, that was a really morbid thought.

As for body armor... look up 'dragon skin'. A new generation in body armor that can withstand a fragmentation grenade. A man can literally throw himself onto a live grenade and keep his torso in tact.

I can't think of much to add to the girls.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 00:26

@Colonel Marksman wrote:The self destruct doesn't seem like too bad an idea. I think I rememeber I was going to have Wallez implant a bomb into one of the girls. But, it is feasible. Were the girls ever to be kidnapped, lost, or etc., to keep their secret, what better way to rid of the evidence than to have them explode.

... ok, that was a really morbid thought.

Actually, blowing them up would be the wrong idea. If I wanted to kidnap a cyborg in hope to learn how they are built soI can build my own, having her bow up only makes it easier for the med-techs to disect and take out the pieces.

Now if you want to destroy a cyborg totally, how about Magnesium bones with a thermite filler? :affraid:
If you want something done, you might as well do it right the first time! :twisted:

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 00:31

@Colonel Marksman wrote: A man can literally throw himself onto a live grenade and keep his torso in tact.

I think that's an exaggeration.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 00:53

@Nachtsider wrote:
@Colonel Marksman wrote:As for body armor... look up 'dragon skin'. A new generation in body armor that can withstand a fragmentation grenade. A man can literally throw himself onto a live grenade and keep his torso in tact.

I think that's an exaggeration.

Actually, I've seen the video done with a crash test dummy. Its 'survived.'
Note the " ' ' " around survived...

BTW- Dragon Skin failed several mil-tests and the Army will no longer use it after this conflict is over; even though the men in the field swear by it. I would like to know what in hell-tests did it failed! 22MM/100KM Shell Catches?!!

Last edited by on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 00:56; edited 1 time in total

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 00:54

Successfully test it on a living, breathing human being, and I'll be impressed. Someone really ought to do that with death row inmates as the guinea pigs.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 01:05

@Nachtsider wrote:Successfully test it on a living, breathing human being, and I'll be
impressed. Someone really ought to do that with death row inmates as
the guinea pigs.
The Japanese trained their soldiers in the use of bayonets on prisoners during WW2. Rather disturbing, I think.

@ElfenMagix wrote:Actually, blowing them up would be the wrong idea. If I wanted to
kidnap a cyborg in hope to learn how they are built soI can build my
own, having her bow up only makes it easier for the med-techs to disect
and take out the pieces.

Now if you want to destroy a cyborg totally, how about Magnesium bones with a thermite filler? :affraid:
If you want something done, you might as well do it right the first time! :twisted:
Any explosion would make things harder for revers-engeneering, but the magnezium idea would result in some pretty fancy fireworks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 01:12

Bayonets isn't the half of it, Klicks. They bombarded prisoners with lethal X-rays, dissected or boiled them alive, exposed them to extreme temperatures sans protection and gave them transfusions of lethal chemicals and animal blood.

In many ways, the Japanese were far more barbaric and brutal than their Nazi chums. The dead of Nan-jing have yet to be avenged.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 01:30

@Nachtsider wrote:Bayonets isn't the half of it, Klicks. They bombarded prisoners with
lethal X-rays, dissected or boiled them alive, exposed them to extreme
temperatures sans protection and gave them transfusions of lethal
chemicals and animal blood.
I'm sirprised. I thought experiments were more of a Nazi specialty. The Japanese had an appraoch to conquest comparable to Ghengis Khan. When they took a city they killed all the men, raped all the women, stole what they could and then burned it.

The women were then actually shipped behind the front line where they were kept as, I forget what term the Japanese used, something along the lines of prostitutes of the empire.

Last edited by on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 01:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 01:35

Experimentation was widespread on the part of the Empire, Klicks. Go pick up 'Annihilation Zones: Far East Atrocities' by Stephen Barber, or any volume you can find on an outfit called Unit 731, and you'll see what I mean.

Those poor ladies you mention were dubbed 'comfort women'. I've seldom heard a more whitewashed insult.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 04:07

@Nachtsider wrote:Experimentation was widespread on the part of the Empire, Klicks. Go pick up 'Annihilation Zones: Far East Atrocities' by Stephen Barber, or any volume you can find on an outfit called Unit 731, and you'll see what I mean
What really pisses me off is how the U.S. dealt with those twisted bastards at war's end. Instead of sending them to the gallows, they brought them to America and made them citizens in order to gain their knowledge. A truly sad chapter in our history.

The same goes for Germany. Wernher von Braun, father of the U.S. space program, was a Nazi war crimial.

I dont hate him specifically, its the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 13:14

At the end of WW2 East Europe was simply given away to Stalin during the Yalta conference.

It was a pretty big let down for Poles, who had troopes on practically every front in U.S., British and Russian forces. Monte Casino was taken by a Polish division, during the Battle of Britain a significant portion of the fighter pilots were Poles (The 303 squadron had the most kills of all the 66 squadrons involves). Then there was the Warsaw uprising (Which I think is the only actual uprising against the Axis nations. Everyone knows about the French resistance, but they did't do that much.) which got well over 200,000 killed (mostly civilians, the underground army took 18,000 casualties among its troops) within 63 days, and the city levelled to the ground.

Anyway, it was pretty screwed up what happened. The West had the marshal plan which helped in reconstruction, and the East had another plan that involved the subordinate countries sending supplies to Russia. This practially defined the current economical status of Europe and we definitely got the short end of the stick.

[The uprising is a very controversial affair. On one side it was one of a kind and achieved incredible results if you look at the statisticks even though it failed. On the other it was done tanks to the "die fighting for your country; free Poland at all cost" mentality, and caused an incredible ammount of death, mainly of young and capable people that could have likely be a big contribution to rebuilding Poland after the war. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_uprising ]

//random historical ravings > end

Last edited by on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 10:31; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 13:25

@ElfenMagix wrote:Actually, I've seen the video done with a crash test dummy. Its 'survived.'
Note the " ' ' " around survived...
It's from a show called future weapons. The host fired several 9mm, 5.56mm, and 7.62mm rounds in the back of the vest. Without any seeming failures the host then put the front of that vest up against a grenade. The armor package was clearly destroyed, but seemingly without penetration. Sure the compression from the blast would still killed you, but you may actually be able to have an open coffin funeral, which is a hell of a thing. This is what made Dragon Skin famous.

It seemed to be a quantum leap over traditional armor plates. However the army test had 13/48 rounds penetrate the armor. Which seems wildly different then what happened on Future Weapons. However a television show isn't a scientific test, so a hand full of salt would seem to be in order. Also the ceramic disc that provide the actual protection don't seem to stand up to heat well. The wikipedia article seems to do a decent job of hitting all the issues dragon skin has run into. The concept of Dragon Skin though is a smart idea, and offers a lot of advantages. So even with the apparent failure of the current generation, future generations of this concept certainly deserve attention.

@Nachtsider wrote:Successfully test it on a living, breathing human being, and I'll be impressed. Someone really ought to do that with death row inmates as the guinea pigs.
I'll be more then satisfied with clay, ballistics jelly, and crash test dummies with accelerometers instead of actually people any day. If you really feel that compelled to use a person, why not use a dead one? Lower ourselves to that level would be disgusting to put it lightly. There is no need to cause a person undue suffering. Human life is something that should always be treated with dignity, and respect.

@Danjo3 wrote:What really pisses me off is how the U.S. dealt with those twisted bastards at war's end. Instead of sending them to the gallows, they brought them to America and made them citizens in order to gain their knowledge. A truly sad chapter in our history.

The same goes for Germany. Wernher von Braun, father of the U.S. space program, was a Nazi war crimial.
Ah the sad truth about life. Humanities abilities for cruelty against itself are truly amazing. Did you know that top politicians, President Bill Clinton included, thought that since Rawanda would sort itself out with 10,000-20,000 dead there was no need for US involvement? Sure that number shoot up to a couple million, but that wasn't our problem. You know Hitler made a point about genocide when he asked, "Who remembers the Armenians?" During WWI Turkey had its own little genocide. No one remembers, and the same would probably be true of the Nazis if they hadn't fought a war. In fact there have been four major genocide's since world war two. Cambodia had one with the camere rouge. Then the was Bosnia, which almost spilled over into Kosovo. However the US actually decided to stop that one thank the lord. Then there was Rawanda. Followed by Darfur, which is still in it's tail end. Did I miss one? If you spend to much time thinking about all the horrible shit we've done as a species it you end up wondering whether humanity really deserves to survive.

When it does bum me out I try to think of all the good things we've done. It never seems to compare though. Fuck, I wonder if there is still beer in my fridge...

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 00:54

America should've gone back on their word and killed Shiro Ishii, Wernher von Braun and all their lackeys after gaining their knowledge. I'd keep my word to a dog, but not a trecherous, genocidal Fascist bastard. Also, the Yasukuni Shrine should be demolished, or at least have the altars corresponding to known war criminals removed and buried under piles of shit.

Why people protest against the death penalty I will never understand. People like John Wayne Gacy brutally tortured their victims to death, and all they get is a painless lethal injection in return. I favor having the punishment fit the crime, and using convicted murderers as human test subjects is all well and good by me.

The Poles are gallant people - it took balls to stage the Warsaw Rising. I still shake my head sadly when I read my clippings on the Katyn Massacre.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 01:20

[edit: delete]

As for the death penalty, regardless of whether it's right or not the idea itself is a dangerous thing in a world that is not populated by all that many reasonable people. I'll elaborate on some rather disgusting stuff that the last (horrible) government pulled (they were thrown out last election, thank god), but I have an exam tomorrow so I need sleep, but I'll edit or repost.

Last edited by on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 01:29; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 01:24

Wilson was WW1.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 01:28

Shit. Your right. I really should go to sleep and hope that my memory for the exam isn't as bad as my memory for history right now.

p.s.
@Nachtsider wrote:I still shake my head sadly when I read my clippings on the Katyn Massacre.
And recently the damn Russians have been trying to deny they ever took place...again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 05:25

I dont hate him specifically, its the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 09:01

@Nachtsider wrote:America should've gone back on their word and killed Shiro Ishii, Wernher von Braun and all their lackeys after gaining their knowledge. I'd keep my word to a dog, but not a trecherous, genocidal Fascist bastard.
Wernher von Braun was as important for what he could, and ultimate would design/build as what he had done up to the end of world war two. I'm not going to say what america did with german scientists was right. I don't know that I would even say necessary. It did serve a purpose though. I don't know. I feel like playing devils advocate I guess. The world seems full of shit some times, and nothing ever comes away clean.

@Nachtsider wrote:I favor having the punishment fit the crime, and using convicted murderers as human test subjects is all well and good by me.
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. I believe in reform, and forgiveness. Not everyone reforms, and not everyone earns forgiveness. If we want to be better as a race, we have to try to rise above our base urges. It is easy to call for blood, seek revenge. We have to be better then that. We have to see we are all brothers, and sisters. People shouldn't get off for free, but if we torture them are we any better then what they are? To say suffer, as if it will makes things better? Will feeling excruciating pain bring back any of the victims? Will it makes things better? I doubt think so.

**edit**
I forgot this:

The list of mans atrocities against other men is long, and sorrowful indeed. You could drown in the hate, and cruelty we've committed against one another. I don't know what the fuck I'm saying, other then I find it sad, depressing, and driving me to drink.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 13:21

No atrocity should be forgotten. Unfortunately, the ones committed during WW2 alone are countless. The thing that is specific about the Katyn massacre is that it was done by Russian forces against a nation that had been allied since even before the war (When they entered Polish territory instead of cooperating with the underground units they arrested them and sent all the officers to Katyn to be shot). At that point it was a very clear indication that Russia intended to gain control over the territories it "liberated", and the Allies, wanting peace at all cost, played along with Stalin. (Katyn is just one fact in a sea of others that were excluded from Western text books for a surprisingly long time for fear of aggravating the Soviets.

It is also something that the Russians denied ever happened for a very long time, and then more recently denied it yet again. Fortunately, I don't think any post-war German government denied any of the German war crimes. In fact theres a whole host of laws that prohibit denying them (or at least the holocaust).

@Wileama wrote:An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. I believe in reform, and forgiveness. Not everyone reforms, and not everyone earns forgiveness. If we want to be better as a race, we have to try to rise above our base urges. It is easy to call for blood, seek revenge. We have to be better then that. We have to see we are all brothers, and sisters. People shouldn't get off for free, but if we torture them are we any better then what they are? To say suffer, as if it will makes things better? Will feeling excruciating pain bring back any of the victims? Will it makes things better? I doubt think so.
I agree with the general sense of the above, although I can also understand the feelings of hatred and want of revenge. Hatred never ends up being a good thing and actions driven by it end up breeding more hatred.

And then there is a more utilitarian perspective. The focus should be to prevent harm. That accomplished, revenge is a waste of resources that could be used to live a happy life.

The general, unfortunate, rule is that hatred is the brother of fear and a great affliction. If we go back to the simples defense mechanisms we notice that there are really only two primary reactions to a situation in which one feels threatened/vulnerable: one is to run and hide (fear dominates), the other to fight and destroy (anger dominates). Sometimes the first is better, sometimes the second, but whatever the case they are bread from insecurity.

(I did a lot of hating at one point and it really kills the fun in life. It's real hard to let go of too, if you keep it up for long. http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1333990 )

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 14:35

Lets go back to the orginal subject.
One new option I can see for the girls is some kind of thermal generator in their limbs. Since in cold climates, artifical parts gets cold faster than natural ones...

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 14:41

LOL Portable heaters. They can keep themselves (and others) warm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 15:53

We can't possibly accept integral heaters - that way, all our hilarious 'fratello in a sleeping bag' scenarios would go to waste...

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 16:00

Not necessarily. The girls would now be turned into the equivalent of one of those electric heating blankets, or a heated pillow.
"Hillshire! Do you have to, er, be quite this close?"
"I'm sorry, Triela, but...it's just that it's so cold and your so.. hot."

[p.s. - Please don't take this too far, people.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 12 Dec 2007, 23:34

you know what that makes me think of? A glove. Not just any glove though, oh no. This glove was developed to cool the blood flowing though your hand. Using this glove a lab tech went from 100 pull ups a work out session to 600 in just 12 weeks. After 4 months the head researcher, age 60, did 1000 push ups. Reverse the concept, and you can heat the blood. Allowing you to survive in the bitter cold.

Ever seen Amirtage the Third: Dual matrix? A robot in the film takes her body way past it's operating limits. One of the results is the radiator on her back, and upper arms fries her skin off. If course she's a complete super double badass for as long as she managed to keep it up.

So yeah. I declare it a cool idea.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 13 Dec 2007, 00:28

3klicks wrote:p.s. - Please don't take this too far, people.
...I can't help m'self. Don't worry, it stops at innuendo and embarassment.

---SOMEWHERE IN SIBERIA---
3klicks wrote:-Triela:"Hillshire! Do you have to, er, be quite this close?"
-Hillshire: "I'm sorry, Triela, but...it's just that it's so cold and you're so... hot..."
-Triela:"Seriously, Hillshire... how do you expect me to sleep with you curled up against my belly like that?!"

-Hillshire:"It's not my fault they put your heater core in your midsection. It's frickin' cold out there!"

-Rico: *opens tentflap and peeks in* "Jean says we need to leave."

-Petra: *looking in over Rico's shoulder* "Oh!" (to Rico): "We shouldn't disturb them right now. Not until Mr. Hillshire is done."

-Hillshire: "D-done?!"

-Triela: *pushes Hillshire away from her* "Done with what?!"

-Petra: "Well, when 'Sandro slee... er..." *angles her head as though listening to someone in the distance* "Yes, 'Sandro! Coming!" *runs away*

-Rico: *out loud to herself* "... Her conditioning is making her hear stuff already..?"

-Triela & Hillshire: sweat "Yeah... that's it..."
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 13 Dec 2007, 00:44

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 13 Dec 2007, 00:54

:lol!: X 2

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Dec 2007, 00:59

@Wileama wrote:After 4 months the head researcher, age 60, did 1000 push ups.
That's pretty amazing. Hard to imagine a graying man pushing 1000 like a frikin' machine.

A lot of the research is pretty science fiction like. It's funny that researchers often actually take ideas ideas from science fiction authors. Of course, most of them are utterly implausible, but for the rest those guys quickly start thinking. Maybe we could do that.

(My favorite is giving soldiers the stomachs like those of swine. LOL)

LOL Sandro + cold + heater equipped Petra = very bad combination (They really shouldn't encourage him to be even more of a pervert. I'd say Jean would make a special request to abstain from upgrading Petra.)

After a long and exhausting journey through fields of snow Triela (should use a different character for a change, but she seems by far the most suited for this kind of comedy) finally made it to the portable command tent. As, she opened the flap and entered the tent she noticed a dozen pale white faces turn towards here with a twinkle in their eyes.
With a huff of exhaustion she turned to Hillshire and said "I'm here Hillshire. It took me all day, but I finally made it. What's that top priority top-secret mission you told me about."
"Oh, Triela, I'm so glad to see you. Turn up the heat, we're freezing here."

Another use of the cyborgs is as portable water heaters. This way the SWA forces can be kept in top condition through a series of rejuvenating hot baths in the field. Hell, if you take all the cyborgs together you can probably make a hot spring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 13 Dec 2007, 01:03

Cue all those works of smut with hot springs as their centerpieces.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 13 Dec 2007, 01:11

@Nachtsider wrote:Cue all those works of smut with hot springs as their centerpieces.
like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R54__FxyWac
-notice all the strategically placed plants/fences/bubbles/rubber ducks/legs. I think that alone makes this scene funny enough to be worth watching.

Last edited by on Thu 13 Dec 2007, 01:15; edited 1 time in total
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down