Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

do you think there will be a third season of the anime

Post by austinhowell on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 20:10

do you think there will be a third season of the anime
austinhowell

Male

Forum Posts : 259

Fan of : SOCCER,DISTURBED,METEOR SHOWERS, CALL OF DUTY, AND TRIELA'S MESMERISING EYES AND PRETTY HAIR

Original Characters : TRIELA , WHAT COULD BE BETTER

Comments : CURRENTLY READING VOLUME 7, I HOPE THEY MAKE A THIRD SEASON, METEOR SHOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NEXT TO GSG, SOCCER, COD, DISTURBED, AND RIDING HORSES

Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: do you think there will be a third season of the anime

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 20:18

I only want a third season if they go back to the original production team and seiyuu.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by WEBER on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 20:37

They did do two episodes of volume 5. It was Fantasma and one other.
WEBER

Forum Posts : 94

Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 20:56

I'll have to wait and see. I'd prefer the Season one version, but I cant be picky. I'm not Yu Aida.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 21:01

the other was the light of venice the darkness of the heart . its in the ova for il teatrino .
austinhowell

Male

Fan of : SOCCER,DISTURBED,METEOR SHOWERS, CALL OF DUTY, AND TRIELA'S MESMERISING EYES AND PRETTY HAIR

Comments : CURRENTLY READING VOLUME 7, I HOPE THEY MAKE A THIRD SEASON, METEOR SHOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NEXT TO GSG, SOCCER, COD, DISTURBED, AND RIDING HORSES

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 3:09

I'll go ga-ga for a third season if they return to form or at least very close to it.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 3:55

Madhouse or GTFO.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 5:28

Nachtsider wrote:Madhouse or GTFO.

Couldn't have said it better myself. GIVE ME MADHOUSE OR GIVE ME NOTHING! >_<

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 16:25

i would be fine if it stayyed with artland or moved again so we had a third style but that might just be me because i saw the second season first on triela's youtube channel before i knew what i was watching was a second season. so in my eyes il teatrino was the original style or at least the one i was used to
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Hilshire on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 19:19

Swap back to the first "season" type art or stay with the Il Teatrino art... doesn't make any difference to me, as long as the story follows the manga and is engaging. Though I do like both sets of voice actors, even the English dub suprised me with its quality. Though "season one"'s voices sound a bit... quiet and tame compared to the Japanese voices...

Though if they use stick figures for a third season then I'll pass out rusty pitchforks, DIY boiling oil, and torches.

Triela "Trishire" Hilshire
Chusha - Deviant Art
Star Trek Online @Triela_Hilshire
Fleet commander for Valhalla's Rising - Fleet commander for Sto'Vo'Kor's rising
U.S.S. Protos Heis - Valhalla's Rising's flagship
I.K.S. Protos Heis - Sto'Vo'Kor's Rising's bringer of destruction
Triela wrote:So there's no confusion with our names I'm gonna call you Trishire.
Triela Hilshire

Female

Forum Posts : 150

Fan of : Triela, Henrietta, Rico, Beatrice, Angelica, and... Claes.

Original Characters : Karin Hilshire

Comments : Karin Hilshire, WoD character based off of Triela from Gunslinger Girl.

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by WEBER on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 20:42

I agree with Austin as Il Teatrino was the first I saw as well.
WEBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 21:05

austinhowell wrote:how long do you think it will be before the make a third season of the anime and have you heard or seen anything that would suggest that they plan to

There has not been any news, that I know of, for a third season. I suppose it depends on how well the DVDs and Blu-ray discs of the first two series sell in Japan.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 21:14

i hope they sell quickley then . i know i am planning to buy the blu-ray of both seasons and the ova
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 21:45

Well, GSG is already fairly popular on its own merits. The manga has been a steady concern for eight years now, which is nothing to sneer at - especially given the foreign setting, which rarely goes down well. Even though ADV Manga went bust and robbed us of the English translation, it is still actively published in several other countries, which expands the audience further. While I don't have any specific data to hand I do remember that the latest tankobon spent at least some time in the bestseller charts, which establishes that there's enough potential customers out there to make DVDs profitable. Furthermore, one advantage of an economic downturn is that you also tend to see more sequels being produced as production companies fall back on established names with inbuilt audiences for steady returns, and it's not beyond possibility that GSG could be the beneficiary of that. That's a double-edged sword, though - economic downturns also tend to result in cost-cutting, so whether the sumptuous and lush Madhouse level of production could ever be enjoyed again is less likely.

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 15:49

i hope they hurry (i want them to make every part of the manga into the anime
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WEBER on Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 21:29

good luck with that
WEBER

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 21:40

austinhowell wrote:i hope they hurry (i want them to make every part of the manga into the anime
It took over 5 years for them to do Season 2 from Season 1. At this rate, Season 3 will be at 2015 and Season 4 in 2020... despite what the Mayans, Toltecs, Aztecs, Sumerian, Ancient Egyptian, and many other ancient civilizations' calendars saying that the world ends at 12/30/2012...

It would be a jip if that were to happen.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 22:40

you mean 12/21/12 and yeah it would be . ill bet heaven is full new gsg episodes
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot on Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 5:07

Nachtsider wrote:Madhouse or GTFO.
Triela wrote:GIVE ME MADHOUSE OR GIVE ME NOTHING! >_<
HELL yes. My sentiments exactly. I considered GSG 1 to be art. That said, Il Teatrino was like pissing all over the Mona Lisa.

Triela Hilshire wrote:Swap back to the first "season" type art or stay with the Il Teatrino art... doesn't make any difference to me, as long as the story follows the manga and is engaging. Though I do like both sets of voice actors, even the English dub suprised me with its quality. Though "season one"'s voices sound a bit... quiet and tame
compared to the Japanese voices...

Though if they use stick figures for a third season then I'll pass out rusty pitchforks, DIY boiling oil, and torches.

Il Teatrino's art style and animation made me want to vomit, and that's not yet mentioning how they butchered the character personalities. They kept the S1 voice actors in the excellent English dub, but that's just a small fix in an otherwise completely failed project.
If all they're going to do is pull the story straight from the manga and execute it terribly (a la Il Teatrino), I don't see the point.

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." - Kino's Journey
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 15:56

like i said i saw il teatrino first . if had been the other way around i might have said the same thing .(plus i didnt mind the lighter mood that il teatrino had
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 23:57

Studios i'd get excited about: Madhouse , PA Works
Studios I wouldn't mind : A1, Production IG,Bones

Was season 1 a success for madhouse?

According to ANN the budged was 13 million yen per episode, that's 169 million yen for the season,or 1.82 million dollars.

So , I know we all love the show,but was it popular enough to make that 1.82 million dollars a good investment?Seems to me madhouse doesn't think so or else we would have seen a sequel from them by now.

I didn't mind the color scheme from il teatrino,in fact season 1 was quite colourful too,all I want is really smooth animation... and no owl eyes please.

And on second thought,the only reason I want the animation to be so good is because i've been spoiled by season 1,I don't think il teatrino's animation is that bad when compared to most anime.

Last edited by Totoum on Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 0:26; edited 1 time in total

"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."Alden Nowlan
"Happy is the one who's able to laugh at himself:he's sure to be entertained for a long time"

Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 0:22

finally someone who wants to be honest and talk about there differences .(instead of just bagging and sucker punching il teatrino) thank u totoum
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 1:32

austinhowell wrote:finally someone who wants to be honest and talk about there differences .(instead of just bagging and sucker punching il teatrino) thank u totoum

I'm sure there's others who don't hate it,but don't get me wrong,in the list of studios I listed Artland isn't there Smile

The other "hot topic" about a 3rd season aside from the choice of the studio is that if we were to continue the story it would certainly adapt vol 6-8 , which are controvertial to say the least,vol 9-11 are a lot less.

"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."Alden Nowlan
"Happy is the one who's able to laugh at himself:he's sure to be entertained for a long time"

Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 2:02

Godot wrote:Il Teatrino's art style and animation made me want to vomit, and that's not yet mentioning how they butchered the character personalities.
Yeah, the animation was truly a travesty compared to S1, but it was the overall lighting of the mood that really bothered me. It made it feel like S1 & S2 were two completely different worlds. But I will say that the English dub was a big help in toning things down a bit.

I dont hate him specifically, its the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 10:21

All anime shows are created by a "Production Committee" which combine all the companies with an interest in the show. So the "Gunslinger Girl Production Committee" would have included Dengeki Daioh, Dengeki Comics, the animation companies, Yu Aida's representatives, and such. They were the ones who signed off on the budget for Madhouse and the other animation houses who did the episodes.

The show had to have proved profitable to get a sequel. As to why they changed direction, it probably was partly cost, but the production committee had to sign off on the design changes, as well.

I remain firmly convinced that Yu Aida did little more then cash a check for the first series, but he had a very strong hand in -IL TEATRINO-. He wrote the episode screenplays (which is why they follow the manga more closely than Series 1 did) and I believe he was one of the influences in the new look. The look of the girls in the manga have changed over time - Yu's "moeified" them (likely to appeal to otaku aesthetics) which helps explain the "owl eyes" as Totoum noted.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 15:45

what do you mean otaku aesthetics
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 18:51

Kiskaloo wrote:
I remain firmly convinced that Yu Aida did little more then cash a check for the first series, but he had a very strong hand in -IL TEATRINO-. He wrote the episode screenplays (which is why they follow the manga more closely than Series 1 did) and I believe he was one of the influences in the new look. The look of the girls in the manga have changed over time - Yu's "moeified" them (likely to appeal to otaku aesthetics) which helps explain the "owl eyes" as Totoum noted.

I definatly agree with you on all counts there.

In fact , it's quite rare to see an original author so involved in an adaptation,I've seen CLAMP write a few episodes but that's basicly it.

Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 21:34

Kiskaloo wrote:The look of the girls in the manga have changed over time - Yu's "moeified" them (likely to appeal to otaku aesthetics) which helps explain the "owl eyes" as Totoum noted.
Well considering the magazine GSG is published in, it doesn't surprise me that he's moved in that direction. Rather sad, in my opinion, that he stoops to such lows to attract readers.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 21:48

With other manga authors, I tend to like their changes in character design over time. With GSG, I still have a hard time adjusting (not a fan of "owl eyes") and prefer the old style.

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
"You treacherous bitch!" -rustyspring (After I pwned him)
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 22:18

2009 was certainly a "Year of Moe" - it's been claimed that Sora no Woto and Suzumiya Haruhi were both modified in production to be more "moe" after K-ON! proved to be a license to print money.

Reading the reviews of 2010 anime, it appears that the "moe quotient" has been dialed back a bit, so maybe it's a case of "moe overload".

Then again, if K-ON!! makes as much (or more) Yen as K-ON! did...

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 6:30

The better question would be if those who seen the first two seasons are able to adjust to the addition of Petra and Sandro since those two get the spotlight for the following two volumes after the two chapters covered in the Il Teatrino OAVs. As it has been discussed here in the forums before, some folks like the two for adding a different take to the series, others hate them for not blending to the mood of the earlier volumes and seeming to be nothing but fan service characters.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 9:32

That they were able to hold the "spotlight" for two volumes in Japan, I expect that the Japanese audience would not have an issue with them doing the same for a third series - and that's the primary market.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 12:02

Kiskaloo wrote:That they were able to hold the "spotlight" for two volumes in Japan, I expect that the Japanese audience would not have an issue with them doing the same for a third series - and that's the primary market.

quoted for truth,they are liked well enough in the market the manga is written for,the foreign market is a very minor thing in comparison and its largely the foreign readers who are complaining !

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 15:40

what do you mean "moe"
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 16:04

austinhowell wrote:what do you mean "moe"

Like Associate Justice of the Supreme Court Potter Stewart on hard-core pornography* - it's hard to define, but I know it when I see it.

* - (in the obscenity case of Jacobellis v. Ohio, 1964),

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 18:34

try
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 18:41

For me, moe is something that is "super cute" or "adorable" that pretty much just overwhelms you.

The best example I can think of is Asahina Mikeru from Suzumiya Haruhi. In real life, I'd say the cosplayer Tomoyo [ともよ].

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 19:12

Don't forget Yotsuba.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 19:39

Nachtsider wrote:Don't forget Yotsuba.

I find Yotsuba more weird than adorable. Smile

The Ayase sisters, on the other hand. On Cloud 9

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 22:16

hey thank god . finally a manga or anime you guys talk about that i can relate to (like i said before gsg was the only series i was ever really able to get into in the manga/anime world but it is just by a stroke of luck that i watched some the melancholy of haruhi suzimiya so when you said asahina mikeru i know exactly what you mean . my favorite episode is when they go to that island for vacation and that guy(spoiler ) fakes his murder
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 24 Apr 2010 - 12:09

For those who still need the first series, the Right Stuff International has it on their bargain bin sale - $6.29 per disc and they have all three DVDs (though the first one is also available for $4.29).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Sat 24 Apr 2010 - 13:00

I think if they make a new series I'd prefer the art style of the first season, mixed with the lighter atmosphere of the second season. It's just been so long since any new GsG has come out that I find it a little hard to get too passionate.

The fact that the biggest draw of the show (for me) in the first place was a bunch of girls running around with big ass guns doesn't help things.

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Hilshire on Sat 24 Apr 2010 - 14:22

rusty-spring wrote:
The fact that the biggest draw of the show (for me) in the first place was a bunch of girls running around with big ass guns doesn't help things.

Then you would've loved to see my RAcaseal from Phantasy Star Online, Battle Angel, running around with one of the game's large motorcycle frame sized shotguns. :p

Triela "Trishire" Hilshire
Chusha - Deviant Art
Star Trek Online @Triela_Hilshire
Fleet commander for Valhalla's Rising - Fleet commander for Sto'Vo'Kor's rising
U.S.S. Protos Heis - Valhalla's Rising's flagship
I.K.S. Protos Heis - Sto'Vo'Kor's Rising's bringer of destruction
Triela wrote:So there's no confusion with our names I'm gonna call you Trishire.
Triela Hilshire

Female

Forum Posts : 150

Fan of : Triela, Henrietta, Rico, Beatrice, Angelica, and... Claes.

Original Characters : Karin Hilshire

Comments : Karin Hilshire, WoD character based off of Triela from Gunslinger Girl.

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Sat 24 Apr 2010 - 14:24

i agree with rusty spring even though i saw il teatrino first i do realize that the charachter design of the first season was more detailed i also especially liked the eyes , but i did like the lighter atmosphere of il teatrino . but i would be okay with just about anything as long as it was acceptable and follows the manga .(alos rusty-spring u said its been awile since any gsg came out didnt the ova just come out in december)
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot on Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 4:42

austinhowell wrote:i agree with rusty spring even though i saw il teatrino first i do realize that the charachter design of the first season was more detailed i also especially liked the eyes , but i did like the lighter atmosphere of il teatrino . but i would be okay with just about anything as long as it was acceptable and follows the manga .(alos rusty-spring u said its been awile since any gsg came out didnt the ova just come out in december)

I'm back to spew some more bile.
First, I generally associate moe with shows like Lucky Star. Overly cute generally. Not a solid definition I know. Here's a better one:
not MOE:

MOE:

It's not just the character designs that were ruined. It was everything.
The backgrounds - Point out any that where half as good
The music - from Indie light rock in English and Dopo Il Sogno to more J-pop. So much for uniqueness
The opening - from a truly unique piece to what one description said to look the hallucinations of a tripping sex offender
The guns - I'm not even into guns at all and even I was horribly insulted by this bullshit

Mishaped hand and face in this one too. I'd list art but that would be redundant by this point.
The character personalities - Don't get me started on this. I will say that subtlety must be a foreign concept here.
Overall Tone - RUINED.
They even (spoilers for the 1st season, just in case)
Spoiler:
took Angie's death, which was very beautifully well done, and completely ruin it by having her come back to life. Either that or she fell asleep during that episode, which doesn't really make sense given all the set up for it.

The only thing I won't go off about are the voices. Not because they don't suck (they do), but because I would watch it dubbed anyway.
"World-weary men involved in activities of questionable morality really shouldn't be sounding like teenagers" -someone on the Megatokyo forums

If they were to make a third season with the quality of Il Teatrino, for the sole purpose of adapting the manga, they may as well not bother. Read the manga then. Same exact story without the vomit-inducingly-bad execution.

This all might seem uncalled for, but I didn't get a chance to vent properly when it was airing. I'll get to bashing the idea of Petra in the anime in my next hate filled post.

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." - Kino's Journey
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 5:12

Godot wrote:They even (spoilers for the 1st season, just in case)
Spoiler:
took Angie's death, which was very beautifully well done, and completely ruin it by having her come back to life. Either that or she fell asleep during that episode, which doesn't really make sense given all the set up for it.
Spoiler:
The first series only covered the first two volumes. Ange didn't die in the similar scenes in the manga that were out at the time. In fact she didn't die in the manga until years after the anime came out (that episode came out February 19, 2004, the volume she died in was published November 27, 2007). So while that scene was a very touching one, I don't think it was ever meant for her to be dead. It seemed more open ended to me (allows sequels to be made).
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 6:04

Godot wrote:They even (spoilers for the 1st season, just in case)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
She just fell asleep. The point of the setup was giving Marco a wake-up call by putting Angie near death, so he can remedy their relationship.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 10:54

Spoiler:

I firmly believe Angelica died at the end of Episode 13. The scriptwriters created their own stories independent of the manga (episodes 9 and 12) so I don't see why they couldn't do the same with episode 13 and chose to kill Angelica. If anything, they may have influenced Yu Aida - when he came to write Angelica's death in the manga, he incorporated some of the parts of episode 13, like Angelica starting to hear Perro's phantom barking.

With Yu Aida writing the scripts for -IL TEATRINO-, he had the authority to bring her back and ret-con Episode 13 of the first season.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos on Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 16:06

Regardless of the writers' original intention, which no doubt was to kill Angelica in the first place hence the whole (beatifuly done) drama over it, it can still be open for interpretation since we never actually saw anything past the point where she fell asleep. It wasn't hard for Yu Aida to continue as he wrote in the original manga.

But yeah, whatever. Madhouse or Bones or any top tier animation studio. I had no idea Artland even existed when Il teatrino was announced.

Thanatos

Male

Forum Posts : 140

Fan of : Portugal

Original Characters : DUR HUR

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell on Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 16:44

go dot #1 i cant see the moe photos man #2 she was never meant o die she doesnt actually die till i think it is the 9th volume?never mind #1 they came upbut now i can definintly see what you are talking about with moe.
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum