Silent Falls - AV

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silent Falls - AV

Post by Kalshion on Tue 4 May 2010 - 3:47

I decided to use another one of my summeries. This story does have 'some' of it's roots in another story I wrote some years ago with a roleplayer (who disappeared on me, presumably due to real life issues) we never finished. Anywho, I'm never one to shy away from help, so if you think I need to improve on something, feel free to tell me. I'm not the greatest, but I strieve to get better each time. This story is a semi-AV, due to some elements being changed and the story which will take place in other areas of the world.

Story:

With the battle against the Five Republic Faction over and done with, the agency has been able to return to a small semblance of peace. With the arrival of new cyborg recruits, the agency is busy training them to hopefully replace the current one’s that are starting to display memory problems.

The government has also started to show some concern over the agency’s actions, namely due to their increased activity and presence and combat actions within the various Italian cities.

However, everything comes crashing down when Rico and Henrietta make a very huge mistake, a mistake that could spell the end of their assassination careers – and potentially doom the SWA..

Prologue

Jean peered through his binoculars from a top a roof overlooking a mansion, the mansion was three stories tall and sat beside a river, there were only two entrances to the place. The front entrance, which lead to the front of the mansion, and a western entrance which served as a place for employees, such as maids, to enter from. There was an expansive garden on the eastern side, while another garden, this one full of expensive statues, resided on the western side and flanked the main entrance on one side, though it was hard to see, there was a pool located toward the far back. Lying prone beside him was Rico, peering through the scope of her Walther WA 2000 which was equiped with a silencer. The two had been watching the mansion for two days now, having observed the few people who came in and out.

"Our target is the owner," said Jean over his headset to the other teams.

On the ground, Henrietta and Guiseppe kept a vigil watch via a van, though Henrietta was partly asleep due to the amount of time that had passed.

"Two whole days," one of the support staff said and yawned. "All we've seen is the maids and the grounds keepers. The owner entered the mansion and hasn't come back out," he added.

Guiseppe smiled. "No, but we have seen him in the garden and in his study, but both times he had his kid with him. We may have orders to assassinate him, but the director doesn't want any collateral damage," he responded to the man’s comments and checked the video feeds. "My worry though is this man’s background," he turned to his right and pulled out a folder.He flipped through some of the sheets before finding what he was looking for. A photo of the man showed him to be in his mid-fifties, with a clean shaved beard wearing a black suit with a necktie. Standing beside him was his daughter who was wearing a formal dress, and off to the man’s right was his wife, she to was wearing a dress.

"On the surface he appears to be a good, hardworking father," he said while reading from a few sheets. "Works for the intelligence department, makes good money, and is able to send his daughter to a private school. Except no one realizes that he makes more money selling that intelligence to foreign agents and also selling the transportation paths of our trading ships to pirates," he closed the folder. "He's responsible for several hundred deaths, such as last month when pirates boarded passenger transport and killed almost half the people on board before they were able to overwhelm them," he sighed and tossed the folder onto the desk.

Henrietta's eyes fluttered open; she looked around the interior of the van, it was filled with monitors that were each attached to hidden video cameras. There was a gun rack off to her right, while an ice-chest sat near the back. Guiseppe turned and saw that she was awake and smiled. "I'll take Henrietta out and scout the perimeter," with that he gestured for her to follow. She grabbed her violin case and headed out with her handler.

Her clothing made her look like a grade school kid coming home from school, and Guiseppe was dressed for the part. They passed by the front gates, and heard a lot of giggling and laughing coming from one of the rooms. Henrietta stopped briefly when she saw a young girl, perhaps her age or a year older, running around playing with the owner.

At first she just watched the man, but then her eyes spotted one of the guards, he didn't look armed but she knew better and continued following her handler. The two soon rounded the corner, and saw two men in the distance talking to each other, when they looked up and saw Guiseppe, they turned around and started walking away. "Hmmm....." Guiseppe rubbed his chin.

Jean, we have two mean western side of the mansion, they started walking away the moment they saw me, do you see them?he spoke into the small little microphone imbedded in his coat's collar.

Jean tapped Rico on the shoulder and told her to point her rifle toward the western part of the mansion; soon the two men came into view. "I see them," she said in a professional tone and tracked them. The men looked over their shoulders and hastened their walk, soon coming to a vehicle that was partially hidden by a large truck. They got inside and gunned the engine, Henrietta quickly drew her P239 equipped with a silencer and fired one, single, round at the car. The bullet struck the bumper and deformed into what some would assume to be black gum.

She smiled at her handler; Guiseppe spoke into his mic and then looked at Henrietta. "Good job," was all he said before beckoning her to follow. The two headed back toward the van, but as they approached Henrietta's head jerked to her left, there was a strong whistling noise coming from the mansion. "Guiseppe, gas..." was all she managed to say before there was a massive explosion that tore through half the mansion.

Henrietta spun around to protect her handler, and ended up getting several pieces of hot metal that longed into her back. She didn't seem fazed at all, and turned back toward the mansion. There was screaming and yelling, one man came running out, his entire person on fire. He quickly disappeared though when he ran toward the edge of a walkway and fell into the river that paralleled the mansion.

Listening to the sounds of the people running out, Henrietta caught sight of the owner of the mansion running out with his daughter in hand. The girl was coughing hard, and blood was on the edges of her lips. Just as the owner was about to get into his car, he spotted Guiseppe, but his eyes went before him and saw not only Henrietta but also her P239.

"You did this?!" he shouted toward them and yanked a gun out of his jacket. His daughter ducked down whimpering as the man fired several shots toward Henrietta, who took two in the shoulders as she returned fire, but her shots went wild due to her being hit and one ended up hitting the bricks just below where Rico and Jean were. Jean cursed, but instructed Rico to take the shot.

Before Rico could fire, the owner did something expected. He recycled his clip and grabbed his daughter, "Father what---" she said before seeing him point the gun at her head, tears streamed from her eyes. Guiseppe gripped his own pistol tightly, he couldn't fire without hitting her.

"He'd use his own daughter as a human shield!?" Jean shouted over the headset.

"I can't get a shot," said Rico. She looked through her scope but because the wind was blowing in their direction, the smoke was shoved their way and partly blocking Rico's view. She couldn't see the owner very well and thus had taken her finger off the trigger.

The man backed away, his daughter whimpering with tears in her eyes. Henrietta tried to level her pistol but found that the man was doing a good job blocking her shot. "I can't fire without hitting the girl," she said to Guiseppe. The man continued to step back until he was very close to the door that lead inside.

It was then that the smoke briefly cleared and Rico felt she had a shot, she saw what she assumed to be the man’s shoulder and fired a round, her rifle coughed and sent the round toward her target, but she realized much too late that what she had seen wasn't the man but the girl. The sniper round tore into the child's shoulder, the man then turned his gun toward Henrietta and fired, but Henrietta returned fire and hit the girl twice.

Both of their handlers shouted for their partners to stop firing, which they did, shocked at what they just done. The girl fell onto the ground, limp and bleeding from the three bullet wounds. The man was hysterical and started firing wildly. Henrietta was forced to take cover behind a parked car, while her handler hid behind a large pole.

Suddenly a loud 'crack' could be heard as the man's head exploded, his lifeless corpse fell back onto the ground. There was more screaming, as a maid witnessed the gruesome killing. By now, Henrietta and Guiseppe had quickly disappeared out of sight.

Jean and Guiseppe were both very angry; not only had their cyborgs fired at the wrong moments, but they had also been responsible for hurting an innocent life. They headed into the van, and watched as the police arrived and inspected the scene. Firefighters started putting out the fires, while medics tended to the young girl.

"That bomb wasn't planted by us," said one of the support personnel.

"You think someone else had it in for the man?" said the other.

"Possibly, but we can't be certain. One's thing’s for sure, the director isn't going to be happy," said a disappointed Jean as he turned toward Rico and Henrietta, both girls looked distant right now, possibly thinking about what had happened. Though Guiseppe was tending to Henrietta's wounds, he had to wonder why the man used his own daughter as a shield - and he had to agree about the bomb, something didn't sit right with him.

(Authors Note: I was never very good at writing out the first chapter *or in this case, prologue leading up to it* so I hope this starts it off ok. If ya'll have suggestions on how I can improve this, please feel free to let me know!)

Last edited by Kalshion on Tue 4 May 2010 - 13:56; edited 1 time in total

Kalshion

Male

Forum Posts : 46

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Mmm... none as of yet! ;)

Comments : Nya... avid fan of GG. Enough said yes? :p

Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Falls - AV

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 4 May 2010 - 5:05

Interesting first chapter...seems like you're going somewhere with the wounded daughter. You kept up a good pace too. Just 2 editing notes;

5th paragraph...I'm not sure "equally wearing a dress" is a correct use of the word.

Last paragraph, is Giuse tending to Henrietta's rounds, or her wounds?

Looking forward to more...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 4 May 2010 - 7:33

Definately an interesting start. Like Voodoo said the pacing was good and you've left it open-ended enough to keep me wanting more.

The only detractors that I could find were simple grammatical and spelling errors, but nothing that a bit more time spent in editing couldn't fix

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5748

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Tue 4 May 2010 - 11:38

I agree with the previous posts. If you are looking for technical errors then in the 4th paragraph from the end you say "their handlers shot" when it should be cyborgs and 10th paragraph needs some attention. It was a fun read. Looking foreward to more!

Jet: "Betrayal may come easily to women, but men live by iron codes of honor."
Faye: "You really believe that?"
Jet: "I'm trying to. Real hard."
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalshion on Tue 4 May 2010 - 19:08

Chapter 1 - Secrets...
SWA Complex, one month later

There was the sound of automatic weapons fire from the firing range, with the sound of singular fire from another part of the range. Guiseppe stood inside of a tower, overlooking Henrietta, Angelica, Rico and Triela as they practiced. Hillshire and Jean were nowhere to be seen, but Marco was there.

"Been a month since that incident," said Marco as he watched Angelica clear one target, but when the next target came up she missed cleanly. Inside of yelling at her though, he saw that Triela was helping her out a bit, telling her how to better hold the pistol.

Guiseppe stared through his binoculars. "Yes, and so far the media still doesn't know who shot him," he said."Neither do we," said a worried Marco. "There was no one else but you two Fretello's there. Triela and Hillshire didn't find anything odd in the car that Henrietta marked, though the two guys did put up a fight, they weren't much of a match," he smiled.

"Still, who sniped him?" asked Guiseppe before he shook his head and set the binoculars down. "Not only that, but I'm still wondering who set that bomb," he tapped the railing thoughtfully.

Marco didn't have an answer; the two of them watched their cyborgs practice, the minutes soon turned into an hour. In the distance, Guiseppe noticed a storm that was rolling in over the mountains. "Henrietta! We're going in!" he shouted out to her. Henrietta looked up and smiled; she ejected her clip and cleared the chamber.

The others went in a few minutes later; the storm had rolled in fast, at first it was a light rain but after a short while it turned into a torrential downpour with lightning missed in. While Henrietta and the others stayed in the dorms, Guiseppe headed to the main offices and meet up with Hillshire and Jean, both of which had just gotten out of a briefing with the director.

As he approached the briefing room; he noticed the prime minister leaving the room accompanied by two others. Arabella Fabiana, he thought for a moment as she walked into a nearby elevator. Arabella was the Italians new prime minister, the other having retired a year earlier to pursue other interests in life. Some assumed the retirement was due to the Padania incident, others thought it was due to age.

With a shrug of his shoulders, Guiseppe continued toward the briefing room and saw Hillshire waiting patiently.

"Take a seat Guiseppe, seems we have bigger problems," said Hillshire worriedly. Some of the support staff were assembled and stood nonchalantly.

After everyone was seated, Hillshire took the folder he had and placed the photos on the table. "The operation last month was a partial disaster, though the target was eliminated, it wasn't by us. Not only that, the man's daughter was caught in the operation and couldn't be removed safely," he said and showed them a photo of the crime scene.

"How is that girl doing?" asked one of the support staff.

"Intensive care unit still, she's suffered moderate brain damage due to a piece of the bullet that entered through her ear. She's also got a collapsed lung, but we'll get to her in a few, what's important right now is trying to figure out who detonated a bomb," he showed them another photo. This photo showed a tall black man wearing a Hawaiian shirt. His face was obscured by black glasses and an obviously fake mustache.

Several red circles dotted the photo, areas of the photo that sparked interest by the person who had last scene it. One of the circles revealed a man sitting under a shade, with an RPG lying by his feet. Another circle was around a young lady carrying an AK-47. Several other circles highlighted crates that looked suspicious and out of place.

Another photo revealed the general area. "Ahhh.. Hawaii," someone said. The photo showed a small island of the main island. It was surrounded by an artificial reef, and there were a few ships near it.

Hillshire circled one of the ships; and then showed them another photo, this one was a side view and the photo obviously came from the viewfinder of a sub. "A US Navy Destroyer, yet it's not apart of their navy," he said and showed them a close-up view of the conning tower. "There is no US flag, or insignia. The US is not stupid, they tend to mark their ships so that no one accidently fires on them," he said and leaned back in his chair.

"So, this guy is the one who made the explosive?" someone asked.

"Possibly, intelligence is trying to pin it down but right now most of the ingredients that made up the explosive were traced to Hawaii. This man is listed as a bomb maker for a gang in the US mainland’s, but the authorities there are having problems trying to get to him, he has eyes everywhere... just not here in Italy," a smile tugged on the edge of Hillshires face, but his expression remained serious. "He's not in Hawaii now, last Intel reports that he returned to the states and there is no way we can operate within their borders. It would cause an international incident," he quickly added.

"Yea, plus they wouldn't like us killing one of their citizens, even though I have to wonder why a man like that 'has' citizenship when he's on the FBI's most wanted list," another person, a female, shrugged confusingly.

Silence fell over the group for awhile, but then Guiseppe spoke up. "What about the sniper?"

"No clue yet," Hillshire quickly answered. "It's possible we were used to bring the man out, there's also the possibility that there was another fretello that was assigned to the operation that we weren't told about, the thing is: we don't know," Hillshire shrugged. "What we do know is this: The assassination worked in that it's being pinned on Padania, even though they haven't been very active in recent years."

Jean stared at the photos and lifted one of them up. He looked at the man that they assumed was their target, then noticed another person in the background. "Wait a minute... this man," he put the photo down and tapped a young man that was leaning up against a wooden pole. "During our operation, I remember seeing someone who looked like him. One of those that Henrietta had gotten into the car that Henrietta had tagged," he said.

"To bad we can't question them," said Guiseppe. "They managed to break out of jail, but were killed a few hours later in a gunfight with officers,"

As everyone thought about the current intelligence, no one seemed to care much about the girl just yet.

Dormitory

Triela cleaned her shotgun, removing the barrels and running a cleaning tool down the center. When she pulled it back out, the end tip was covered black from the spent gun powder that lined the inside. She set it down and took some cleaning fluid and ran it down the barrel. She then took another cleaning tool and rammed it in, cleaning out the remainder of what wasn't taken out before.

She set the barrel down; and picked up the chamber.

"Claus, what are you doing today?" Triela asked without looking up.

Claus laid on her stomach, reading a book about astrology. "Just reading a book is all, you'd be amazed at what you learn with just reading," she said and turned the page.

"I see...." Triela just nodded. She took the chamber and looked inside it, and found something she had missed earlier: a fragment of human skin where the shell would normally land in the chamber before being fired. "Odd...." she took out a pair of tweezers and plucked the piece of skin out. "I wonder where this came from?"

Claus looked over and thought for a moment. "Perhaps you got careless and had your hand in the way?" she asked. Triela blinked and looked at both of her hands, but found no burn marks or any evidence that her hands had been scrapped. "Ok, perhaps not... maybe someone else used your weapon on the firing range?" the question made Triela wonder.

She picked up the chamber and took out a flashlight attachment from her violin case; she flipped it on and imspected the inside of the chamber. For a few moments she didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but then her eyes caught something barely sparkling toward where the shells normally came in at.

Taking the tweezers; she removed what appeared to be a tiny little diamond from the chamber. This diamond looked like it had come from a necklace. She thought about what Claus had said just a short while ago, and knew that the diamond only confirmed it. "Yea, someone used my gun," she said and reassembled the shotgun.

Placing the gun up against her shoulder she wondered who it might be; the diamond could've come from any of the female workers on the complex, some of them who wore the necklace, though she only three of knew that actually went to the firing range - and only one actually wore a necklace. "I'll talk to Hillshire about this," she said and placed the shotgun back into its holder.

"How's Henrietta and Rico doing?" Claus then asked. She turned another page in her book, but didn't look away.

"They're fine why?" Triela answered, now Claus looked at her with a strange expression before turning back to her book. Triela shrugged her shoulder, took out her pistol and started cleaning it.

Children's Hospital, Italian Capital

A doctor looked in on his patient; various tubes ran into holes in the girl’s body. She had a mask covering her face, and the machine was breathing for her. The heart monitor showed that her heart was beating at a slow rate, just fast enough to keep her alive, but not at the rate normal for a child.

He saw one of the nurse's changing out an IV pack, and pushed open the door. He looked at the report written up by the surgeon, and saw that she was scheduled for another surgery to relieve the pressure on her brain. "One month, and she's still not out of danger," he said and signed the report.

"Despite everything that happened, she's still rather lucky," said the nurse. She placed the empty IV pack on the cart, and then walked out to a blood pack. It was almost entirely empty; she changed it out with a new one and placed the empty one on the cart. "The surgeon can't seem to stop the bleeding, but despite that, she's still alive," she said.

"She's got the will to fight, we just have to wonder if she has the will to survive," the doctor placed a hand on the girls head. He then headed toward the door. He kept it open so that the nurse could wheel the cart out into the hallway. He took one last look, sighed depressively, and then moved on to another patient.

Briefing Room

"I wonder when are going to get our next assignment"

"Dunno, after the last operation, I think the director is just playing it safe"

"'Playing it safe'? Yea right..."

"Enough you two," said Jean. "Hillshire, what do we know about the girl that the man was holding hostage?"

Hillshire nodded and looked down at the photos that were still on the table, he sighed and gathered them all up and put them in the folder. "About that girl, there's something odd about her background," he said and handed out a report on her to everyone. "Look it over carefully," he told them. The report had a photo of a young girl around the age of ten, wearing a sailor style school uniform and carrying a backpack. Four other kids surrounded her, three female and one male, and all of them minus the male wore the same uniform - with the male wearing a more business attire style.

The background showed rolling mountains and a massive garden. Another photo taken from another angle shows more openness than what was available in most Italian cities. "Who took these photos?" asked Jean.

"One of our informants took those photo's four months ago, while we were setting up the operation. The girl was tagged because of her connections to the man, but we weren't aware of her other connections until recently. Suffice it to say, he didn't mention 'where' exactly they were taken, he wants to keep the location secret," Hillshire shrugged but then turned the focus onto the girls connection. He held up report and read from it. "Her name is Stephanie Fabiana Ceres. Ten years old, fourth grade student enrolled at ======," he stopped briefly and then continued. The area where she was enrolled at was blacked out, and that somewhat angered Hillshire. "She's the daughter of a famous Italian Scientist, and is on the fast track to take over the family business," he looked at those around him.

"Ceres Family wouldn't by chance be the Cere's Astrological Corporation, would it?" someone in the room asked.

"Correct. The CAC, located in the southern part of Italy, have been responsible for plotting seventy five percent of all the stars in the sky in recent years. They employ a large number of employees around the world, and are the leaders in locating and plotting the path of asteroids and other stars. Suffice it to say, they are a wealthy family and well respected, but you see, there's an issue," he set the report down. "Someone wanna tell me what her middle name is," he waited patiently.

Guiseppe looked at her middle name 'Fabiana' and thought about it. "Fabiana.... I hope it's not the Fabiana I'm thinking of," he said and his expression changed into worry.

Everyone else looked at the name, but everyone came to the same conclusion.

"Yep, 'that' Fabiana. Prime Minister Fabiana..." said Hillshire.

(Authors Note: Well, here's hoping this ones better. To be honest, my knowledge on shotguns is limited, so I'm almost CERTAIN that I'm describing the firing chamber incorrectly. The only weapon I've ever used, was an M16A2, and that was back in 2005. Either way! Let me know if anything needs improvement. I tried to do better than the previous chapter.)

Kalshion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Tue 4 May 2010 - 19:44

Very interesting.

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 5 May 2010 - 9:46

Well, honestly... if you're looking for gun help you're barking up the wrong genius over here

And so the intrigue deepens. The chapter read far easier than the previous one did. Can't put my finger on why but it did. There were less errors in there as well which probably helped too.

Now I'm interested to know who's been playing with Triela's stuff... and what she's going to do to them as she seems to be a bit attached to that shotgun

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5748

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Wed 5 May 2010 - 12:38

I like the intrigue. Your build up is steady and the story so far has been enjoyable.

Jet: "Betrayal may come easily to women, but men live by iron codes of honor."
Faye: "You really believe that?"
Jet: "I'm trying to. Real hard."
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalshion on Wed 5 May 2010 - 15:57

Continuation

A deep, long silence fell over the room as everyone contemplated the full meaning of what was going on. Some of the staff in room had to clear their throats while a few had to loosen their neckties.

“Can this possibly get any worse?” someone asked.

No one responded to that question; since most knew it could and probably would. Hillshire was silent for what seemed like hours, before he finally spoke up. “While we know that she’s really the daughter of the Prime Minister, based on the birth mark that the doctor verified a few days ago, we can’t find anything else on her. Whoever covered up her background did such a great job that even our own informants can’t find anything. That said, we don’t know why she was at the Cere’s mansion. We also don’t know why the minister didn’t call her daughter up and have her leave the mansion, she knew about the operation after all,”

“Suspicious….” Guiseppe said and straightened himself up. “There has to be reason, but until we find it, there’s really nothing more to talk about is there?”

“Nope, we’ll adjourn for today. Once we’ve gotten more information, I’ll call everyone together. Jean, the director wanted to talk to us both after the briefing,” Hillshire stood up, pushing his chair behind him and walking over to the door.

Everyone filed out of the room; all except Guiseppe and Jean. Marco limped out, his leg still in a cast with him using crouches to get around.

“Something wrong Guiseppe?” asked Hillshire from the door.

Guiseppe looked up at him and thought for a moment. “I’m just thinking about the girl, and the theory I have angers me,” he stood up. “Is there any possibility she was used as a shield?”

“I want to say no, but can’t discount that theory,” said Hillshire. Guiseppe just nodded and left. While Jean and Hillshire were headed to the director’s office, Guiseppe made his way down to the range where he took out his signature weapon and started practicing.

He fired off several rounds at a distant target, hitting it in the center each time. As he did this, his mind wondered back to the operation, he couldn’t figure out what the motive was to keep the girl there if the Prime Minister already knew that the man was dirty. He had a theory, but no evidence to back it up.

Offices

“Director?” Hillshire knocked on the door and him and Jean entered. The director was looking at some paperwork, signing and stamping a few here and there, when she saw Jean and Hillshire, he set the paperwork aside.

The director collapsed his hands in front of him and then looked off to his side and pulled out a folder from his desk. “You two remember what happened eight months ago? How Padania managed to kill one of our cyborgs and her handler?”

“How can we not? We were there,” said Jean as he plopped down into the chair.

Flash back

It was a bright summer morning, just outside a massive warehouse overlooking the marina district of the Italian Capital. Most of the streets had been cleared by section two in preparation for a massive operation, with work being slow and Padania presence almost entirely removed from the country, the agency had been relegated to dealing with criminal problems, at least until matters of national security came up.

In this case, the operation consisted of busting a massive child trafficking ring that was also trafficking body parts and explosives overseas to countries such as Canada, the US, Mexico and South America.

“In position,” said Jean as him and Rico lay prone on top of another warehouse. Rico set her sniper rifle up, replaced the scope with a high-powered one, and then peered down. “Rico, shoot to kill, we don’t want any of them running,” he ordered her.

“Yes sir,” said Rico professionally.

On the northern side of the warehouse, nearest the water, Henrietta and Guiseppe were crouched behind a crate, waiting patiently for the go order. Meanwhile, Triela and Hillshire were located a short distance from the warehouse, overlooking a parking lot with several high-value cars from a ridge.

On the eastern side was another handler and her cyborg. The handler’s name was Emilio, while beside him, crouched down holding an M16A7, was his cyborg, Lina. Lina was wearing combat fatigues and her eyes were watching the main doors into the warehouse. There was periodic activity, as some men walked outside wielding AK-47’s with a grenade launcher attachment.

“They are using a grenade launcher attached to their AK-47s,” said Lina as she brought her M16A7 up to her face and attached a modified suppressor to it.

“I see them, don’t shot just yet,” he ordered her.

On the warehouse roof, Jean noticed the four men walk out and toward a van. “Rico, attach a suppressor to your rifle,” he said. Rico just nodded and attached the suppressor, then looked back down the scope. “Fire,”

Four ‘coughs’, and four men were down with holes in their heads. Lina and her handler moved up next to the van, while Emilio checked the driver’s seat, Lina walked around back and shouldered her M16. She gripped the handle on the back door and ripped the door off and set it down beside her feet. Inside, she found crates upon crates stacked high. “Emilio,” she said simply as she stood there.

Emilio walked around and saw the explosives. “Whoa….” Whistled lowly and jumped into the back. He took out his knife and opened one of the crates; the contents of the crates were explosives, and not the low yield kind.

“Jean, we have a problem. These guys are transporting C7, since when did the American’s start allowing C7 to be released to the general public?” Emilio asked, though it was obvious he was joking somewhat.

Jean looked down toward the van and thought, before speaking into his mic. “They don’t, this is just more proof that they’ve got a leak in their supply chain, move the van out of the way, we don’t want to risk detonating those explosives,” he said and looked back through his binoculars.

C7, like C4, was designed for destroying heavily armored targets. In this case, C7 had three times more explosive power but was packed a lot smaller and thus more easily transportable. It was the type of explosive that could be hidden in plain sight and no one would know about it until it was detonated. It was more stable, thus a bullet into the explosives wouldn’t set it off, but a grenade blowing up next to it would.

While Lina picked up and threw the bodies of the four men into the back of the van, Emilio ran back to the driver’s side and disengaged the break lock; this allowed Lina to push the pan without the worry of the brakes locking up. She pushed it behind a set of container crates, then the two ran back toward the warehouse.

After fifteen minutes, a group of six men came out. One of them was holding an RPG, they walked to where the van had been and stopped. “Hey, where’d the shipment go?” one asked.

“You think those idiots took off?” another asked.

“Not likely, they know we can find them,” the one before said.

The group started to walk away, ignoring the salt that was on the ground that was covering up the small bloodstains left by their now dead companions. As they approached the doors, the one with the RPG stopped and looked around. When his eyes fell upon the warehouse that Rico and Jean were on he stopped. “What the…” he said when he noticed a sudden, and out of place, sparkle. It took him only a moment to realize what it was. “Shit! Sniper!” he shouted just as a bullet blew the brains out the back of his head.

The other men in his squad fanned out and started firing on the distant warehouse. Rico was calm, firing one bullet, then another, then another. When she took a bullet to her shoulder, she just ignored it, and kept on firing.

Lina attached a grenade launcher to her M16, angled it, and fired. The grenade bounced off the far side of the warehouse and landed in the center of another group of men who had been running out to support their dead companions. She didn’t say a word, instead running forward with Emilio.

On the ridge near the parking lot, Triela and Hillshire moved forward when they saw several men suddenly come out of a black van, wielding shotguns and modified M16s. Hilshire spoke into his mic, and Jean turned toward the approaching enemies. “Rico, East,” was all Jean said. Rico picked up her sniper rifle and steadied it on her knee-cap. She waited until one of the contacts came out from behind a crate, and fired. The bullet went wild, ricocheting off the sides of the containers and digging itself into the ground.

The man stopped, either because he believed the bullet came from one of their own, or was just too experienced. Either way, it gave Rico a perfect shot into the man’s left ear. The others in the group didn’t risk coming out from behind the containers, and Rico found that she didn’t have a good shot.

However, stopping was the worst they could do, as Triela and Hillshire came up behind them. The man in the back of the group only had time to hear the clattering of foot-steps before Triela dug her bayonet into the back of his neck, severing his spinal column. She then wheeled around and pressed the shotgun up against the chest of another man and fired, and ended up killing the man who was behind him.

The last one gritted his teeth as he fired off a grenade from his launcher, the grenade bounced off Triela’s chest as she grabbed it and threw it into the air. Knocked the man harshly into the crate, then fled the area – she quickly grabbed Hillshilre and the two disappeared just as the grenade that she had thrown up, came right back down, exploding right in front of the man that she had just knocked out.

The fighting intensified as two men carrying RPG’s came out and looked around, seeing their dead comrades on the ground. One shouted into his headset, “Shit shit shit… set them up! We’ve been made!” before he took a bullet right to the heart.

Lina ran forward and planted her boot in the other mans soft organs, before grabbing his head and slamming it into the ground. She then continued into the warehouse, along with Emilio, the two crouched near the entrance and started moving inside.

On the northern side, Henrietta and Guipseppe were dealing a bigger problem. The traffickers had brought in their boat from the marina district. “Jean, we have a problem,” said Guiseppe as him and Henrietta crouched behind the crates as fifty millimeter rounds pinged off the sides.

Jean turned around to see only a small portion of the boat, partially hidden by a massive crane. “Triela, grab that RPG, we’re going to give Guiseppe a hand,” said Hillshire. Triela nodded and quickly picked up a fallen RPG. The two ran around the western side of the warehouse. There Triela spotted four AK-47 wielding men who were staying in the darkness, creeping up on Guiseppe and Henrietta.

She pulled out her still blood soaked Bayonet and went to work. Hillshire fired off two rounds, catching the two closest men in their necks. One of the men turned around in time for Triela to sink her bayonet into his left eye, she yanked it out, then went for the other man. “A child?” was all this man said before his heart became pierced. She ran toward the edge of the dock and aimed the RPG, one of the men on the boat saw her and started to wheel his machine gun around, but was soon dead when Rico managed to get a shot off, by bouncing the bullet off the crane and hitting the man in the thigh, though it wasn’t a killer shot it gave Triela enough time to fire on the boat.

The rocket propelled grenade, a weapon commonly used by terrorist and militia groups, was an impractical and imprecise weapon. Its odd’s of hitting its target weren’t very good, but there were times when it did what it was supposed to.

In this case, the rocket found its mark on the boats fuel tank, causing it to explode and take out the few men remaining on board.

Back at the front of the warehouse, Lina and Emilio looked around. After the fighting outside, things had grown quiet now. “This is strange,” said Emilio as they entered deeper into the warehouse.

When they turned the corner of a few crates, they saw a man standing beside a laptop computer, smoking a pipe and staring right at them. “Ahhh… so the SWA Dogs is it?” he said and lifted his hand, inside was a detonator.

Emilio’s eyes widened. Lina raised her weapon, but as she fired, the man squeezed a trigger.

Outside, Henrietta and Triela both heard the sudden sizzling of a charge and shielded their handlers just as the warehouse exploded outward. The two groups were thrown into the water, as fire erupted everywhere; pieces of the warehouse flew in every direction. Jean and Rico found themselves thrown off the roof due to the concussive force of the explosion. Rico landed with a thud, as Jean landed in the water.

The explosion was so powerful, that every car alarm in the area went off, every car window exploded. Several buildings on the other side of the marina also had their windows shattered. Sirens blared in the distance, as emergency vehicles were deployed to the now burning warehouse.

End flashback

Jean and Hillshire both sighed, having recalled the events with vivid memory. “We nearly lost three cyborgs that day, it was mere luck that Henrietta and Triela were located on the side of the warehouse that had the least amount of explosives and had several containers between them and the explosives. Though Rico suffered a serious concussion, she recovered after a few weeks,” said Jean. “We never did recover the bodies of Emilio or Lina, there was nothing ‘to’ recover,” he sighed.

“We only found out later that it was a Padania front, child trafficking was never what they were doing they were really trafficking explosives in and out of the country,” said Hillshire. He lifted his head and let out a sigh, it was something that he had been trying to forget for months, but the events were just to vivid.

“We’ve been trying to find a replacement for Emilio, it hasn’t been easy. However, we think we’ve found someone, I want you two to look into this man and see if he’s interested,” the director handed off another folder to them both. “He’s got an extensive military background, served in the Japanese Self Defense force before moving to America and joining the marine corps, served ten years as a special forces operator and was a drill instructor before retiring and moving here to Italy. He’s a nationalized citizen now, and served with our military up until four months ago,” the director stopped.

“Right now he’s in Rome, unemployed and just visiting. We don’t know where he is, but we do know that he has a taste for fine wine, so you might be able to find him at one of the various wine stores in the city, talk to him. See what he’s like, she if he’ll fit well, and see if he’s interested,” said the director before he turned in his chair.

“Very well sir,” said Jean.

“Also, take your cyborgs with you, just in case,” The directors said with a tone laced with concern and worry.

(Author Note: This chaper is done, was always better at writing combat scenes -.- oh well! Hope you all enjoyed, will get the next chapter up in due time)

Kalshion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalshion on Fri 7 May 2010 - 15:03

Chapter 2
Prospects for a new Handlers
Somewhere in Rome, Italy

The streets of Rome were mostly vacant on this cool evening night, rain fell and peppered the ground, lightning arced in the distance and the sound of thunder rolled through the buildings. On the corner of Via Padova and Via Polesine, sat a wine restruant called Enoteca Costantini. The place has been around for years, and is said to have some of the best wine around.

Standing in front of the building, though under an overhand, Triela and Rico waited patiently while their handlers were inside. Though they were cyborgs, they still couldn’t enter the building due to looking like kids.

Inside, Jean sat at a bar with a wine bottle off to his left. Hillshire was near the door, talking to the owner. “Not bad,” said Jean as he finished a glass and pushed it away.

“Yea, he comes in sometimes,” said the owner as he looked at the picture. “Come’s in three times a week, sometimes I have what he wants, other times I don’t, but he pays good money,” the owner smiled.

Hillshire nodded. “Do you know if he’ll be in today?”

“Let’s see… it’s Thursday, so no, but he will most likely be here tomorrow sometime before noon, you can catch him then. Should I let him know he has a few friends from the force here?” the owner asked, but Hillshire said no and told him that it’s best for it to be a surprise.

He walked over to the bar and sat down. “We’ll come back tomorrow, I was able to convince the owner to close up shop after he comes in,” said Hillshire as he picked up the wine bottle. “Vin Dei Molini,” he said the table and set the bottle back down.

Jean didn’t say a word, instead turning his chair and looking out the window at Rico and Triela, both appeared on guard with Rico having her hand in her pocket where she could quickly take out her gun. “In that case, shall we return to the hotel rooms?” he asked.

Back at the hotel room; Jean took off the bullet-proof vest that he had under his jacket and set it down on the table. Rico removed her gun and disassembled and reassembled it, she repeated this process over and over.

Watching this unfold briefly, Jean took out a briefcase and set it down on the bed, then opened it and took a folder and slapped it down on the table. He opened it, pulled out a report and looked it over.

“Born in America but migrated to Japan at four years of age, graduated top of his class in college, joined the Self Defense Force at age twenty three, left at age twenty eight. Migrated to America where he joined the US Marine Corps. Spent ten years as a Special Forces operative before becoming a drill instructor, spent four additional years with that and retired as a colonel. Moved to Italy two years ago, after becoming a citizen he joined the military and worked as a explosives expert. Left four months ago, has been unemployed since,” Jean tapped his lower chin in thought while looking at the mans extensive military record. Meanwhile, Rico had looked up from her work, taking some small interest in the man they were going to meet before going back to her work.

He flipped the page; the man was highly decorated and had four purple hearts, one commendation mentioned that he had taken a bullet for the base commander during a sudden raid by radicals in the area that he was deployed at and had been awarded the Silver Star. He had various other rewards, including several service medals and a unit citation.

“Not bad,” said Jean, who was marginally impressed. He read further into the mans record, and found some information on why he left the military. “Six months ago, July… 24th… Sergeant Lucio Rossetto was tasked with dismantling a child trafficking ring, along with a squad of six soldiers. They inserted into the Genoa along the marina district and boarded the traffickers boat, the original mission was to wait until the next morning. Explosives had been set up around the ship to disable her, and keep her from the docks so that the soldiers could disable the crew and evacuate the children to a military transport that would be awaiting just off shore – disguised to look like a normal cargo transport,” he stopped and turned the page.

There was an image of a luxury liner, a retired ship that was once used by the Italian tour agencies, but had been retired years before due to problems with the engines. The frame was strong, and it could handle tough conditions, but the engines were never that well made and it was prone to breaking down. The liner had a passenger count of just over two hundred people.

Jean knew that in order for the traffickers to have been able to transport children on such a large ship, they had to have paid off the local police department to turn a blind eye, he had to wonder if any of those officers were still serving and the thought came to him that perhaps he would put Rico to work on removing a few dead-beats from the police force. With a shake of his head, he turned the page again and continued to read the report.

“On the 26th of July, things went sourer. A soldier part of Lucio’s squad was a turncoat and had exposed their position, but before anyone could anything the soldier detonated the planted explosives. Because the ship hadn’t been maintained as well as it looked, the lower decks were quickly flooded and the ship started sinking rapidly. Those loyal to Lucio, managed to make it to the top deck, and killed a few of the traffickers before the support ship was able to come in and lend a hand,” he looked at an image of the burning ship – taken from a freelance journalist.

“When morning broke the next day, dive teams recovered seventy three bodies, all children, all handcuffed to rails and other objects. They were located in such a way that it would’ve been impossible to rescue them without spending several tense minutes under water. Lucio blamed himself for not keeping an eye on his men, and he feels very responsible for their deaths. Lucio also discovered that one of the men who had been killed was…… his son?” Jean stopped. Rico looked up, having disassembled and reassembled her pistol now close to forty times.

Jean set the report down and closed it up. He hadn’t read anything about the man having a kid, perhaps it just wasn’t important enough to mention? No, there had ot be a reason, and he felt that the military probably buried the details of his family in order to protect him.

He put the report away and laid down; it was a quarter after ten right now and he was getting tired. “Rico, get some sleep. We have work in the morning,” he ordered her.

“Yes sir,” said Rico as she quickly got dressed and went to bed.

In the other room; Triela was busy tending to her shotgun, she had disassembled it only once and was making certain all the parts were clean. Though it had been two days now since she had found the skin in the breach, she once again, after taking a closer look – found more. “Errr… who is using my gun,” she scowled and removed the dead skin. This time it was located deeper in the chamber, now she found a problem.

When she inspected the loader more carefully, it was chipped and partially damaged. In a test, she took out a shotgun shell and tried to load the gun – it failed. The loader only went halfway, before being caught on the side, her shotgun was effectively useless right now and that only made her very angry.

She disassembled the remainder of the weapon and then took out an extra chamber that she had in her case. This chamber was the exact same type, but it wasn’t meant for long term use, only short term and until she got back to HQ to have it repaired. She fit the new chamber in place, setting the damaged one in the case and putting the skin inside of a small plastic vile.

Once finished, she put her shotgun away, sealed up the case, then got ready for bed.

Next morning

The sky was bright, the clouds were few and far between, and the city was active. The two fretello teams had stayed near the wine store, waiting for their prospect to arrive. Though the night before, Rico and Triela had to stay outside, today the owner allowed them to come inside.

“Not good to let your kids stay outside when you are waiting for a friend, just don’t touch any of the wine,” the old man said to them. Triela smiled sheepishly, while Rico only nodded. They both took a seat near the far-end of the restaurant, the only area that was the furthest from the wine.

Time passed quickly as Jean and Hillshire talked about Lucio, Jean was worried because the man wasn’t born in the country – while Hillshire didn’t seem that concerned. “He’s got some of the skills we need, though he worked as an explosives expert, his combat experience is in hand to hand combat, he’s excellent with a knife and could teach our girls a thing or two,” said Hillshire as he looked at the empty wine glass in front of him.

“Triela might benefit from that, perhaps even Rico. But Henrietta? I dunno, she’s never been one for close quarters combat,” said Jean.

Hillshire chuckled softly to himself. “You’re right, but you never know,” he smiled at Jean. He glanced up at the clock, and just as it struck noon, there was a ding as the door opened and in stepped a forty six year old Lucio Rossetto, the man wore a pair of cargo pants and a long sleeved t-shirt. His body was well built; his muscles were somewhat obvious even with them being covered by his shirt.

He carried a weight on his back though, as he was slightly hunched over. The glasses, Hillshire assumed, were a way of hiding himself from those around him. Lucio walked past everyone and to the bar, and gave a name of wine to the owner’s wife who tended the bar. The owner himself locked the door, which instantly got Lucio’s attention as he lifted his head and turned toward him. “That’s the deal Dente?” he asked.

Dente, the owner, smiled and gestured to the two men sitting a few seats down from him. “A few friends of yours from the forces are here to talk to you,” he said.

“A few of my friends?” Lucio raised an eye-brow and turned toward Jean and Hillshire. “Them? You’ve got to be kidding me…” he sighed and stared at them. “So, that’s the story you told to him?” he asked them.

Hillshire cracked a faint smile and got up from his chair; Triela kept an eye on the man and noticed something in his pocket. Before she could react, Hillshire told her to stay and she did, though reluctantly.

“We heard you were no longer in the military,” said Hillshire as he took a seat beside Lucio. “We are currently looking for members to join the Social Welfare Agency,” he said and made a gesture to the owner’s wife. She smiled and took out a wine glass, and poured some expensive wine into the glass. She then handed it to Lucio.

He raised a curious eye-brow, and took a sip. “Not bad, so, what is the Social Welfare Agency?” he asked. At this point, Dente and his wife left the floor, heading up to the second floor. Rico listened as she heard the sound of a door locking somewhere above them, she then turned her attention back to Lucio.

“What do you think the Welfare Agency does?” asked Hillshire as Jean came up from behind and stood there.

Lucio took another sip. “You help the elderly and the homeless?” he snickered and took yet another sip, but Jean and Hillshire both weren’t laughing – their serious expressions quickly caught Lucio’s attention and he put his wine glass down. He cleared his throat, his military instincts telling him that the two girls in the back, who had been watching him the whole time, were more than they appeared.

With a heavy sigh, he leaned back in his chair. “Ok, to business, what is the Social Welfare agency? And no BSing me,” his eyes narrowed at the two men.

For the next four hours, Hillshire and Jean both explained what the Social Welfare Agency did. Lucio’s expression shifted between being impressed and suspicious. When Hillshire finished, Lucio took a sip from his glass, set it down and started laughing.

“You two must be nuts,” he said between laughter. “A group that trains little girls to fight a man’s war? Oh that’s rich, that’s really rich!” he shook his head but continued to laugh. “Next you’re going to tell me that those two girls there are cyborgs and can kill me within a moment’s notice yes?”

“If ordered to,” Hillshire said calmly.

Jean sighed, “If you want proof, attack Rico,” he told him, then turned toward Rico. “Don’t kill him ok?”

“Yes Sir,” said Rico as she balled up her fists and cracked her knuckles a few times. Lucio raised an eye-brow, snickered and approached the young girl.

He stared at her for a few moments; not taking his eyes off her. Those eyes… hmm.., he thought and then threw a kick at her. Rico brought her arms up and blocked it effortlessly, but instead it allowing it to fall she grabbed the man’ leg and threw his entire body weight on top of a table. The support legs buckled, then brought as the table and the man, came crashing down onto the ground.

Lucio was dazed; he couldn’t believe what had just happened. “Impossible,” he said and quickly got back up on his feet and charged Rico, but Rico was faster and grabbed his arm and threw him over her shoulder and behind the bar – shattering several wine bottles in the process.

“Hey! No fighting down there!” Yell Dente from the top of the stairs.

She didn’t miss a beat though, Lucio once again went after her but Rico effortlessly side-stepped the punch, grabbed his arm and forced him onto the ground. All the while Jean and Hillshire just watched, impressed by Rico’s speed, but even more impressed that Lucio was continuing to attack her despite getting his ass handed to him twice in less than a few seconds.

Finally, after five minutes, Lucio gave up. “Ok ok! I believe ya,” he said and rubbed his jaw.

As Hillshire was about to say something, Triela got up from her chair and spoke up. “You have a Glock 36 hidden in your pocket, along with another hidden just inside your coat,” she looked at him. Lucio blinked and removed both side arms from both areas and set them down.

“I’m impressed, how’d you know?” he stared at her curiously.

“They are trained to know,” said Hillshire. “Each cyborg is made for their handler, so you interested?” he asked.

Lucio rubbed his jaw again; it was slightly out of place. With a sudden yank the jaw was put back into place, though there was a soft ‘crack’ in the process. “Sure, I’ll bite. Better than what I do now and it’ll put me back into action – which I miss,” he smiled. He looked at his glass, amazing still perched where he left it, there was a tiny bit was wine left so he picked up, gulped it down and looked at the two handlers. “When do I leave?”

“Get anything you need, and meet us here,” Hillshire said as he motioned for Triela to follow him. Rico’s fists were slightly bloodied, but none the less she was happy and smiled. The smile made Lucio a bit nervous, so he quickly left the bar.

Dente, sensing that everything had settled down, came downstairs only to find several wine bottles busted and leaking their precious liquid on the ground. He also found one table that was broken in half. “I’m so glad I replaced those bottles with fakes….” He sighed in relief. “Just next time take it easy when you go looking for someone ok? First I’ve heard that the SWA had to actually prove who they were in order to get someone,” he said.

“Whatever works,” said Jean. The two groups left the bar, leaving Dente to clean up the mess.

Two hours passed, Hillshire waited outside the bar and restaurant with Triela nearby keeping an eye on everyone. Jean and Rico had tailed Lucio to his apartment, keeping an eye on him and anyone who might have taken interest in the fretello.

When Lucio came out of his apartment, he hefted a large duffle bag on his back and a carrying case. Jean pointed at the case and Rico kept an eye on it. They followed Lucio back to the Enoteca Costantini, where Hillshire greeted him and opened the trunk of the car.

“So, where’s your partner?” he asked.

“Behind you,” responded Jean as he and Rico walked up behind him.

Lucio smiled. “Ahhh, so you kept an eye on me?” he asked but the man didn’t say a word. “Whatever, any who, all of my stuff is packed – didn’t have much anyway,” he removed the duffel bag from his back and tossed it in the trunk. The case, on the other hand, he carefully put away – not wanting to damage it.

“What’s in the case?” asked Jean.

“Silvaria,” was all Lucio said. Jean looked at Hillshire who shrugged his shoulder. While he got into the car with Hillshire and Triela, Jean and Rico took another vehicle.

Elsewhere in Rome

Henrietta crouched down next to the door leading into a small building, her P90 in her hands and her finger hovering near the trigger. To her left, Guiseppe was standing with his sidearm ready to go. Henrietta peered partly from around the door, and a hail of gun fire forced her back.

“Careful, don’t stick your head out like that Henrietta,” Said Guiseppe, Henrietta nodded.

There was a sudden sound of glass breaking; and one of the men in the room fell to his side. Another glass broke, followed by another man. The remaining men changed positions, exposing their sides. Henrietta opened up with her P90, catching two men unaware and in the necks. The last man turned toward her and fired, his shots went wild, hitting the wall above. Henrietta instinctively ducked but as she did another man fired and caught her on the side of her chest. “Eeee….” She gasped as fell to the floor, but recovered quickly and raised her P90 and fired, splashing the wall behind the man with blood.

Guiseppe was on Henrietta in seconds. “Seron, bring the car around front,” he shouted into his throat mic. He picked her up and carried her out of the building, though most of the people in the area had fled when the gun-firing started up unexpectedly, section two had sled the area so quickly that by the time the police had arrived there was nothing for them to find. All the brass that belonged to section two was gone.

The group turned onto the highway. “Call HQ, tell them to have medical ready,” said Guiseppe was he bandaged Henrietta’s wound. Beatrice and her handler sat in the back, while Seron, their driver kept an eye on the traffic ahead of them.

When they arrived at the headquarters thirty minutes later, they dismounted and headed into the hospital wing where Henrietta was put under and surgery started on removing the bullet and repairing the damage to her chest.

“I see things went sour,” said Hillshire as he approached Guiseppe.

“One of them just got lucky,” he said but looked down at the ground. “Did we get a new one?” he asked.

“Yep, now he just needs to chose,” Hillshire said. “But until then, he’ll work as a temporary hand-to-hand combat instructor. I think he’ll give Triela a run for her money,” Hillshire grinned.

For a few minutes, Hillshire stared into the window; beyond it was the operating table with Donato working on Henrietta. “By the way, who do we know that wears a diamond necklace during fire-arms training?” he asked Guiseppe.

“Only one person, but she’s out on a mission right now,” Guiseppe replied and got stood up. “She should be back in a few days, why?"

Hillshire shook his head. “No reason, just curious,” and walked away, leaving Guiseppe to wonder.

(Authors Note: What is Beatices handlers name? I don't recall it ever spoke in the anime -.-)

Last edited by Kalshion on Fri 7 May 2010 - 15:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : getting increasingly annoyed with the file formats here -.-)

Kalshion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Fri 7 May 2010 - 18:27

Kalshion wrote:Authors Note: What is Beatices handlers name? I don't recall it ever spoke in the anime

It's Bernardo. I believe he first appears in Chapter 20 of the Manga.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalshion on Thu 10 Jun 2010 - 3:25

Just an update:

I am still writing this story; but I had to spend a few weeks completely rewriting my plot line (the way I had it set up, had things progressing WAY to fast, so I had to slow it down a bit) granted, it's not my style to do that, so it's a bit new to me. That said, though I've revised the previous chapter, I might just keep it as it's better detailed than the one I created. Even so, I'm considering putting this story up on FF.net, and going to see about giving the GG Fanbase there another chance, and hope that they've matured a bit since the last three-four years that I posted a fic there related to GG.

Kalshion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalshion on Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 2:54

I decided to drop this story; I just could not get the plot to work properly, so I'm going to start over entirely (I had originally decided to just start over after the prologue)

If an admin or mod is able to delete this story please do so, apologies for wasting you guy's time Sad

Kalshion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum